BlueBream

BlueBream is an open-source web application server, framework and library, created by the Zope community and formerly known as Zope 3

Work for BlueBream?

Learning about BlueBream?

BlueBream Reviews

Showing 5 BlueBream reviews
BlueBream review by Charles K.
Charles K.

"THis is the PDF program we have needed in construction"

What do you like best?

This program does so much more than just make PDF's. I use it for takeoffs, measureing items, building O&M manuals and so much more. Everyday I am figuring out new ways to implement PDF's. One of the nicest features is how it links into AutoCAD and Navisworks and allows me to product incredible 3D PDF's for my clients to see and use.

What do you dislike?

THis is a weird gripe i know. There are so many ways to use this program and the tutorials I've found only touch the surface. This is a very extensive tool and I think better documentation would assist in figuring out just what can be done. Trial and error is a great way to learn but it takes more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are making PDF's or dealing with them and want more this is a must buy. I cannot tell you how much time and effort has been saved with this software.

Some of our clients will not use Navisworks manage but want to see the project in a 3D enviroment. Though the file sizes do get large it allows me to handle certain clients needs in a way that I could not before. This has made many client very happy and a happy client is a very good thing for sure!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BlueBream
BlueBream review by Fran B.
Fran B.

"I believe you mean "Bluebeam" and all my responses will reference Bluebeam Revu"

What do you like best?

This program is my default for all PDF files. The editing & markup abilities are endless allowing me too edit most text using their text editor depending on the PDF origin or erase areas on non-editable text and replace with new with a matching font type. The stamping tool minimizes my work when reviewing, approving and issuing for fabrication or construction. You can create your own custom stamps to match your needs and save them for future use. I often use the compare feature when reviewing revised drawings to see the differences or overlay the drawings. Sometimes when i'M reviewing multiple page documents I will use the split page feature so I can reference different pages at the same time on my screen in separate windows. One example is to reference a detail while reading the description on a separate page without need to flip back and forth to another page. When I'm estimating I can open a CAD.dwg in BlueBeam automatically converting it to a PDF. This PDF retains it vector properties allowing me to search the drawings using a visual recognition to quantify objects recording them in a spreadsheet with many options to categorize and export features. If the drawing is to scale you can calibrate the measuring tools to the sketch or drawing, adjust the precision and measure length, area, volume, diameter, angles, etc. all being recorded in the spreadsheet for future use. If you select a row in the spreadsheet it will highlight in the document referencing the selection. I often combine separate PDF documents into one file or separate a file into multiples. I can replace, reorder or remove pages from a PDF document. Bluebeam also has a tool chest with many helpful tools(graphics, symbols and shapes) available from the website for download. Using this with my Autodesk software allows me to export from Revit to a 3D PDF viewable on any PC with a PDF reader. I have sent files to clients on many occasions and they are blown away with the file in a 3D view using only a viewer (adobe reader or Bluebeam). The file has 3D tools embedded so the user can control visability, manipulate, section and even measure in the model. This is the most useful program on my workstation and there is much more to this software than I use it for and I believe this is also well worth the price. I'm using "Bluebeam Revu x64 eXtreme"

What do you dislike?

I have on complaints. Any issues I was having in the past six years was handled by their support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be sorry, ask the support group what you are trying to do and they will show you how. Many videos available on their website along with tutorials.

I work in construction/engineering company CAD - BIM department creating 3D models for comercial construction projects. Bluebeam is becoming out company standard for PDF software because of the features listed above.

What Python Web Frameworks solution do you use?

BlueBream review by Tanner W.
Tanner W.

"Great PDF mark up software"

What do you like best?

It is a great way for me to mark up PDF documents and add note where needed. This is a great way for me to easily communicate with my factory and design team.

What do you dislike?

Is was a little difficult to use at first. The more I use it the easier it is to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It might seem difficult to use at first but become much easier with use. Once you learn the software, it is truly a great product

Marking up interior elevation drawings for my factory to see in cabinet manufacturing. It has improved communication with my factory,design team, and manufacturing greatly.

BlueBream review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"BlueBeam for Steel Fabrication"

What do you like best?

You can edit drawings and place stamps on them for various submitting. ie, For Approval, For Fabrication and For Field Use. Combine multi sheets into one single PDF and also break apart the single PDF into individual sheets.

What do you dislike?

Its a bit much to learn unless you use it daily.

Time saving for having to physically write in dates and stamp sheets with dates or activated.

BlueBream review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"performance at its "

What do you like best?

ease of use. I struggled to know the ins and outs of it right away but once i learned the shortcuts, it was awesome.

What do you dislike?

size of working area. My eyes are straining to look at my workspace. if this could be fixed in an update that would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a little tricky to get used to. be patient

estimating

Learning about BlueBream?

* We monitor all BlueBream reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.