Bluefish

4.0

Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and webdevelopers, with many options to write websites, scripts and programming code.

Work for Bluefish?

Learning about Bluefish?

Compare Bluefish to Similar Solutions

Bluefish Reviews

Showing 34 Bluefish reviews
Bluefish review by Nuria M.
Nuria M.

"Best free program"

What do you like best?

What I like most about GIMP is that it is a light program that can be presented on any PC. It doesn't include about space in the hard hover of my machine. It moreover offers a couple of instruments that make it easy to plan or control any photo. The assurance by shading is one that I find for the most part profitable.

What do you dislike?

genuinely don't have many negative things to state with respect to this item. Some time back I speculated that its interface had a somewhat outdated edge, yet in the latest months I have had the ability to see that in the new structures they have improved this perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used GIMP to make an extensive variety of advancing materials, for instance, flyers, print commercials, web advancements, online life conveyances, business cards and significantly more. Additionally, clearly, it's optimal for modifying pictures for the web and for printing. With GIMP, I can quickly perfect a photo to use in our flyer or presents.

Gimp can empower you to change over shading profiles, adjust wonder/separate, work with layers, et cetera with the explanation behind making fiery photos and outlines for your affiliation. Since it's free, budgetary objectives are not an issue.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bluefish
Bluefish review by Deepak K.
Deepak K.

""" Best Free Editor """

What do you like best?

Bluefish is a fast, lightweight code editor.And Interface of Bluefish is outstanding which is user friendly to use it and compiled many languages and web Developments within it. The best feature of it is ,those who have no knowledge of HTML, PhP, CSS , etc. can use it to create a website.

Don't have to click search for my files and images. And Very easy to edit documents.

Bluefish to check out their Branding & Design- they offer prototype development.

What do you dislike?

Bluefish is not only editor ,it is IDE for all types of languages like c,c++ ,HTML,CSS,JavaScript,......etc. and nothing to dislike it .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm a student and do my all projects with this editor and I recommended those developers to switch towards it and gain your knowledge with awesome editor.And I'm sure ,you love it .

I do my all projects and my team members in Bluefish software and My personal projects.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Bluefish review by Mario H.
Mario H.

"Awesome to Program"

What do you like best?

Bluefish is great supervisor for experienced website specialists . Be that as it may, this doesn't imply that noob clients shouldn't in any event attempt it; they could truly be awed with it.The autocomplete is greatly improved, and it doesn't include as much rubbish code when utilizing the wizards or fast catches. I know somebody may not pick this first time but rather observing it's usefulness and administrations gave , they can not deny to utilize it . At any rate I am particularly fulfilled by utilizing it .I like it's spotless and decent interface .

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have an application for cell phones. This supervisor is the best of the free decisions. It could have a superior mix with WordPress also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a high peril adventure! Def worth endeavoring anyway basically be watchful among me and distinctive coders who have used it have said it crashes occasionally.

Coding and adaptability with in excess of one coders at various levels. Easy to use with live-see and css. Like the simplicity of opening and having different windows open. It has enhanced our speed of coding and inspiring locales to run live with practically no mistakes.

Bluefish review by Juan D.
Juan D.

"Ideal for programs and websites"

What do you like best?

Mind boggling administrator for anyone be it beginner or expert.what I treasure most about bluefish is that it is so normal to investigate through your records and straightforward association with photoshop which makes a website specialists life basic when exchanging archives from photoshop.bluefish is light which makes it great with even a low resource machine when appeared differently in relation to various virtual items.

What do you dislike?

Sadly there isn't sufficient highlights. There are a great deal of bugs and crashes amid typical utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a high danger adventure! Def worth endeavoring anyway just be watchful among me and distinctive coders who have used it have said it crashes every once in a while

Coding and adaptability with in excess of one coders at various levels. Easy to use with live-see and css. Like the simplicity of opening and having different windows open. It has enhanced our speed of coding and motivating destinations to run live with almost no mistakes.

Bluefish review by Vuchentala B.
Vuchentala B.

"best website development tool"

What do you like best?

Bluefish can separate non-maintained parts (such as the infobrowser-plugin) from maintained parts I like this one.And I like the suggestions which are giving while we do code is great.

What do you dislike?

Everything is good with bluefish, nothing to dislike. But in some cases it slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

blue fish is very good to use it's for coding, we can do coding if we do not know the basic syntax also.

I feel that you must know code. It can be a little hard if you don't know it.

web related applications using html, css, js, jquery, and php.It was about to creating a web application using JSP,Servlet . Bluefish helped us a lot as it doesn't add in as much garbage code when using the wizards or quick buttons.

Bluefish review by Harshal P.
Harshal P.

"Bluefish focuses on editing HTML code for dynamic and interactive websites."

What do you like best?

Bluefish is very powerful editor for experienced web designers . But this doesn't mean that noob users shouldn't at least try it; they could really be impressed with it.The autocomplete is much better, and it doesn't add in as much garbage code when using the wizards or quick buttons. I know someone may not choose this very first time but seeing it's functionality and services provided , they can not deny to use it . At least I am very much satisfied by using it .I like it's clean and nice interface .

What do you dislike?

It should be nice if there were an 'Upload to FTP site' button .

We were given one project 2-3 months ago . It was about to creating a web application using JSP,Servlet . Bluefish helped us a lot as it doesn't add in as much garbage code when using the wizards or quick buttons.The best thing is it is WYSIWYG so each and every time you will get expected output unless you have made some mistakes in writing the cosd .

Bluefish review by Manuel G.
Manuel G.

"Best free progam"

What do you like best?

What I like most about GIMP is that it is a light program that can be exhibited on any PC. It does exclude about space in the hard float of my machine. It besides offers a few instruments that make it simple to plan or control any photograph. The affirmation by shading is one that I find generally beneficial.

What do you dislike?

really don't have many negative things to state as for this thing. Some time back I estimated that its interface had a to some degree obsolete edge, yet in the most recent months I have could see that in the new structures they have enhanced this point of view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have utilized GIMP to make a broad assortment of propelling materials, for example, flyers, print advertisements, web headways, online life movements, business cards and altogether more. Also, plainly, it's ideal for changing pictures for the web and for printing. With GIMP, I can rapidly idealize a photograph to use in our flyer or presents.

Gimp can engage you to change over shading profiles, alter ponder/isolated, work with layers, and so on with the clarification behind making searing photographs and layouts for your alliance. Since it's free, budgetary goals are not an issue.

Bluefish review by Pelusi P.
Pelusi P.

"Simple program"

What do you like best?

What I like most about GIMP is that it is a light program that can be introduced on any PC. It doesn't involve nearly space in the hard circle of my machine. It likewise offers a few instruments that make it simple to plan or control any picture. The determination by shading is one that I find generally valuable.

What do you dislike?

truly don't have many negative things to say in regards to this product. Some time back I suspected that its interface had a to some degree out of date angle, yet in the most recent months I have possessed the capacity to see that in the new forms they have enhanced this viewpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have utilized GIMP to create a wide range of promoting materials, for example, flyers, print advertisements, web promotions, online life distributions, business cards and considerably more. What's more, obviously, it's ideal for altering pictures for the web and for printing. With GIMP, I can rapidly consummate a photograph to use in our pamphlet or handouts.

Gimp can enable you to change over shading profiles, modify splendor/differentiate, work with layers, and so on with the reason for making energetic photographs and designs for your association. Since it's free, budgetary imperatives are not an issue.

Bluefish review by María  P.
María P.

"Gran producto para ser gratis."

What do you like best?

Lo que me encanta del bluefish es que todos mis archivos estén en el programa. Me encanta no tener que hacer clic en buscar mis archivos e imágenes. También me encanta que puedo ahorrar fácilmente y comenzar nuevos proyectos cuando no me gusta algo que hice.

Rápido y fácil de usar. Capaz de crear proyectos. Muy fácil de editar documentos. Actualizado con frecuencia.

What do you dislike?

Se cuelga de vez en cuando. No es el programa más confiable que he usado, así que hay algunos problemas con eso. Algunos otros codificadores han dicho lo mismo también, así que sé que no es sólo mi ordenador.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No es una inversión de alto riesgo! Vale la pena intentarlo, pero ten cuidado entre yo y otros programadores que lo han usado han dicho que se bloquea de vez en cuando.

Codificación y flexibilidad con más de un codificador en diferentes niveles. Muy fácil de usar con live-view y css. Como la facilidad de abrir y tener múltiples ventanas abiertas. Ha mejorado nuestra velocidad de codificación y conseguir que los sitios salgan al mercado con pocos o ningún error.

Bluefish review by fredrick M.
fredrick M.

"Great Editor"

What do you like best?

Bluefish is one of the best editor when it comes to web development.what i love most about bluefish is the hustle free file management, i dont have struggle with looking for a file and by just clicking a folder, all the files are automatically availed to me which i can just open buy a simple click.i also love the live view option which makes it easy for me to see changes when am making my websites for my clients and the best part is it has a direct link to photoshop which makes it easy for me to export any designs made in photoshop to bluefish

What do you dislike?

well, everything so far is ok but i wish the dev team could add up ftp upload straight from the editor

Recommendations to others considering the product

trying it out,am pretty sure you will love it as i did

i use bluefish for making and maintaning websites,web based management systems,apis for my clients

Bluefish review by Miri L.
Miri L.

"my good help at work but some issues need to be fixed "

What do you like best?

flexible and glitzy editor for ppl who code. works fine on *nix. i can x forward it over ssh from a *nix server to my desktop, it's stable enuf for that, which is pretty good. not as fast as gedit, but has more features. vi and emacs are pains in the ass, so i prefer bluefish for web development. good for that in particular. if you need help to build a site from windows, try visual studio express for web, free from micro$oft. if you're hardcore but hate terminal editors that force you to remember a million ctrl+ sequences, bluefish is probably something you'd like. conclusion: good editor.

What do you dislike?

Works on Linux (Debian, LMDE, Mint, Ubuntu) together with FileZilla, but: Minus - new instance instead of new tab on opening one more file is awful! -> How to modify this behaviour? - *.shtml (html/xhtml with SSI) not recognized as html/xhtml -> what about using html doc type? Plus + Good HTML "Any ... Tag ..." feature + German Translation included + eye-friendly syntax highlighting for (x)html, css, etc. + color picker + project manager (not tested) + ... Please ! add *.shtml to html syntax sheme (user defined would be great) - add contact form for non-facebook users -> or should I treat the Minus as "bug" an report it? Please have a look at medit programmers/text editor project (mooedit) on SF.net Many Tnx for Your Work. EDVauler

maintain a website for both Windows and Linux users - having both versions makes it easy. I really like the addition of HTML5 to version 2.2.2! Great Job! The only addition I can think of would be a popup menu for special characters.

Bluefish review by User

"Bluefish and The Average Consumer"

What do you like best?

Bluefish is pretty easy to use. It is easy to self-teach one's self to use the product and is straightforward. There aren't too many editing and design instruments, which makes it simple to follow and uncomplicated.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say that Bluefish when compared to other design programs and platforms, does seem slightly outdated. Because it is so simple and easy to use, it can be mistaken for lower quality and limited in terms of design creation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When it comes to advertising, Bluefish is the best way to go. Bluefish offers a simple and quick way to put together flyers, business cards, brochures--anything to advertise your cause or mission.

Being an organization not funded by our university, it is imperative that we find and utilize programs that are free and of high quality. Bluefish is great in regards to our PR chair introducing a program that advertises our mission and doesn't kill our budget.

Bluefish review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Great Product for Free"

What do you like best?

This editor is the best of the free choices. You can edit much more easily than pretty much everything.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have an app for mobile devices. This editor is the best of the free choices. It could have a better integration with WordPress as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give it a try. It's very easy to use and has a lot of tools for a free software.

I have been able to easily study and write code. It has saved a ton of time over using a simple text editor.

Bluefish review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Nice, basic text editor...and that's it"

What do you like best?

Bluefish is a fast, lightweight code editor. It has all of the typical features of a code editor: code folding, auto-correct, etc. It's open-source, which means that you can modify it to suit your needs (in theory).

What do you dislike?

There aren't enough features. The dealbreaker for me was the ability to sync local files to my server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bluefish *could* be the next big thing. Right now, it is struggling to find community support to build the extensions and features that it needs to be a true competitor in the space.

For those who need a basic text editor, and you don't have a lot of money, Bluefish can help you write some solid code.

Bluefish review by Noelia G.
Noelia G.

"Good program for programmers"

What do you like best?

This editorial manager is the best of the free decisions. You can alter significantly more effortlessly than essentially everything.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have an application for cell phones. This editorial manager is the best of the free decisions. It could have a superior combination with WordPress too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try it out. It's anything but difficult to utilize and has a great deal of devices for a free programming.

I have possessed the capacity to effortlessly consider and compose code. It has spared a huge amount of time over utilizing a basic word processor.

Bluefish review by Steve Z.
Steve Z.

"bluefish"

What do you like best?

great editor for anyone be it newbie or expert.what i love most about bluefish is how easy it is to navigate through your files and easy link with photoshop which makes a web developers life easy when exporting files from photoshop.bluefish is quite light which makes it compatible with even a low resource machine as compared to other softwares.

What do you dislike?

nothing specific but just that the developers could work on a few bugs there

Recommendations to others considering the product

dont just take my word for it,give it a try

i use bluefish to export web designs which i would have made for my clients into a product.

Bluefish review by Agency in Retail
Agency in Retail

"Potential but Crashes everything"

What do you like best?

Super flexible for people who code. And works very well doing so. Easy to code with for both veterans and newbies! I love how its easy to switch with everyone different coding 'ways'.

What do you dislike?

Crashes every so often. It isn't the most reliable program I've used so theres some problems with that. Some other coders have said the same too so I know its not just my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a high risk investment! Def worth trying but just beware between me and other coders who have used it have said it crashes every so often

Coding and flexibility with more than one coders at different levels. Very easy to use with live-view and css. Like the ease of opening and having multiple windows open. It has improved our speed of coding and getting sites to go live with little to no errors.

Bluefish review by Don P.
Don P.

"Advanced text editor with a variety of tools for programming"

What do you like best?

Bluefish editor is easy to use, so even those who have no knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS, etc. can use it to create a website. It is also time saving when compared to hand coding as many things can be done viw simple mouse clicks.

What do you dislike?

WYSIWYG editors can detract from learning how to code properly. Also, it can be quite mouse intensive so be careful of wrist stress injuries

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you'll like it

Creating and maintaining web sites and web baswd systems

Bluefish review by Kathy D.
Kathy D.

"Good basic text editor"

What do you like best?

Not going to lie, I love the icon on my Start Menu, task bar and Desktop. It's relatively easy to use and is compatible with all the files I need to see in this delimited format.

What do you dislike?

Text editors are all pretty similar but not many of my colleagues know of or use this tool. Notepad ++ pretty much dominates this field so just wish it were more well known.

I frequently need this tool when testing export files, edit XML tags and see encryption. I don't see any problems with this tool.

Bluefish review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Love Bluefish!"

What do you like best?

The thing I love about bluefish is that I love that all my files are on the program. I love that I don't have to click search for my files and images. I also love that I can easy save and start new projects when I don't like something I did.

What do you dislike?

The thing is I'm new to design and I not sure how to write code. I find it hard and wish there was some type of online video training to show what css is and how to write it as code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that you must know code. It can be a little hard if you don't know it.

The business problem I 'm solving is learning how to design a website from the beginning without paying someone to do it or update our website.

Bluefish review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"Not for the faint of heart"

What do you like best?

I found this editor to be difficult to use. I am not super savvy at website stuff, and this wasn't as intuitive as I needed.

What do you dislike?

It seemed glitchy and, in my experience, difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't tried in the recent times to see if it has become easier. But it was difficult to use/figure out when I was trying to set up my site. I am not computer illiterate, but I felt like it with it.

It really didn't help me. I had to abandon using it for something more simple.

Bluefish review by Paula R.
Paula R.

"Perfecto para la codificación y el desarrollo general de un sitio web"

What do you like best?

Relativamente ligero y fácil de aprender, a la vez que ofrece muchas características de un entorno de desarrollo integrado para apoyar tanto la programación como el desarrollo de sitios web

What do you dislike?

No hay suficientes características. El problema para mí era la capacidad de sincronizar archivos locales con mi servidor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplemente pruébalo. Hay una pequeña curva de aprendizaje, pero dale una oportunidad.

Creación y mantenimiento de sitios web, sistemas de gestión basados en web, API para mis clientes

Bluefish review by Riko M.
Riko M.

"Need to be improved."

What do you like best?

It's Free! Simple to use and simple interface. I like it.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there is not enough features. There are a lot of bugs and crashes during normal use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth to try.

Most comfortable to write css and javascript. an addition to its usability, it makes the design very comfortable.

Bluefish review by Victoria S.
Victoria S.

"Video Streaming Service"

What do you like best?

I like that as a business we work with a designer to create custom websites and html that cater to our individual needs and style.

What do you dislike?

The actual bluefish info website itself is very dated. Since the purpose of bluefish is to help write html (sometimes complicated), it is weird that the company website is so simple and old school.

The ability to work on multiple projects at a time and have multiple documents open at a time.

Bluefish review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Gerat little PHP editor"

What do you like best?

Fast and easy to use. Able to create projects. Very easy to edit documents. Frequently updated.

What do you dislike?

The interface or skin could be better looking

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. There'a a slight learning curve but give it a chance

I use it for development of my web applications using PHP, CSS, and JS. Bluefish organizes my projects for easy access and distribution

"sampled the program"

What do you like best?

I used bluefish to check out their Branding & Design- they offer prototype development. They helped me bring my ideas to life. They state they can increase your international orders year-over-year for a lifestyle brand by 78%!

What do you dislike?

The price point and use for small businesses

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would see if anyone in your company can do the same type of details first

The benefit was helping my business model and perfecting my operational process to ensure that our brand promise is real

Bluefish review by User

"This software is growing on me"

What do you like best?

It caters to my website editing needs and the results are very dynamic. I also came across the softwares ability to make and alter design projects

What do you dislike?

I started working on my Macbook with this software but it was crashing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for editing pictures and has lots of tools that you can use for making cards, flyers etc

Its free! simple and easy to use. A good tool for web developers

Bluefish review by User

"Perfect for coding and general website devolopment "

What do you like best?

relatively lightweight and easy to learn, while still providing many features of an integrated development environment to support both programming and the development of websites

What do you dislike?

nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great program! highly reccomeded for programing

programming in general and the development of dynamic websites

Bluefish review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Good but nothing more"

What do you like best?

I liked the unlimited redo/undo function offered in the Blue fish editor. I also liked the search and replace feature offered.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the limited features I would get on my PC than compared to MAC.

I am solving efficiency problems and time management. Some benefits I have realized are the quick and necessary work-ethic and results in a business professional environment.

Bluefish review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Bluefish review "

What do you like best?

Its so user friendly and easy to use. Its amazing product. Makes editing easy. It has tons of features and runs on linux.

What do you dislike?

I dont have anything to dislike about it.

Allows editing of code and gives suggestions for code. Makes things easy to edit offline and makes it faster.

Bluefish review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Excellent for developing Web sites "

What do you like best?

It's a free tool for developing websites. What more do you want.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little complex to use, but if you familiar with the basic programming you should be fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of developing a website. Look no further.

We made our business website template with it.

"Ide correcto y ligero"

What do you like best?

Un ide fácil de usar relacionado con los entornos webs

What do you dislike?

Funcionalidad y algo engorroso, así como desactualizado

Edición de código

Bluefish review by Administrator

"Programming on Linux made easy"

What do you like best?

Interface very customizable and powerful search/replace.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes remote file access is not enough good.

Bluefish is one of the best opensource programming editors.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

Love the design keep it going and dont stop

What do you dislike?

Nothing everything is perfect and keep it

Everything

Learning about Bluefish?

* We monitor all Bluefish reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Bluefish to Similar Solutions