BlueGriffon

Work for BlueGriffon?

Learning about BlueGriffon?

BlueGriffon Reviews

Showing 14 BlueGriffon reviews
BlueGriffon review by Noah K.
Noah K.

"BlueGriffon Review"

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive and user friendly nature of the BlueGriffon. I am a beginning website creator and it helps me build great web sites without requiring extensive technical knowledge. And I like the ability to review how the sites will look on different internet platforms. I also like that I can use it seamlessly with other website building software.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to be some more basic tutorials in the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely check out BlueGriffon even if you lie the web site builder you are currently using because you can use BlueGriffon either separately or in conjunction with your existing software.

I am using BlueGriffon to help me build functional websites for my business and others and using it conjunction with my video and audio production business and blog.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BlueGriffon
BlueGriffon review by Dee D.
Dee D.

"A very powerful software."

What do you like best?

it fully conforms to the latest W3C standards, including HTML 5, CSS 2.1 and large parts of CSS 3, CSS Mdia Queries, MathML, SVG, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is very little help documentation, so using it is a case of trial and error. However, the WYSIWYG interface makes it easy enough to feel comfortable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an advanced programmer, you can switch to source view mode to code your page so there is something for beginners and BlueGriffon experts.

We used it for a while to design the company's website, it helped us save time in editing html5 and css, besides the fact that it uses the same rendering engine that Firefox means it is particularly good at designing websites for users of Firefox.

What WYSIWYG Editors solution do you use?

BlueGriffon review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Great overall WYSIWYG editor"

What do you like best?

I like that the layout is more like a word processing app than a WYSIWYG editor. Everything is laid out nicely. Has all the features you would expect with a good WYSIWYG editor, with an exceptional layout. I've used many other editors and this one has the best layout by far.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan of light and dark themes. I don't think either the light or the dark offer enough contrast in the menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. I've tried a number of different editors and most of it is personal preference. Although I'm sure Adobe products are still industry standard.

BlueGriffon provides an adequate platform for creating, maintaining, and updating your website in a fairly simple and effective package.

BlueGriffon review by Ashish C.
Ashish C.

"Robust web development app. Highly intuitive!"

What do you like best?

A great application for web design. Very easy to download and run. Multiple features- all available at a single place. A very powerful WYSIWYG editor. Overall best application for developers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some options are confusing. An updated GUI will help! Should also take some more features from other designing applications and add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice tool for fast web design. Use it!

We can develop many websites with the help of it and can also preview it parallel. Great editor for website developers.

BlueGriffon review by Brian J.
Brian J.

"A Nice Web Development Program"

What do you like best?

I like so much the tools that this program have, you can test your development in-live with the preview mode. This is one of the best thing of this program, this is what a nice web development program must to have. I like the plugins of this program too, very updated from the Blue Griffon's community.

What do you dislike?

This program can cause lag and crash to your pc (hard work) if you don't have a PC with more of the system requirements this program can crash and you can lose your work if you don't activate the backups. I switched to another program for that. HTML is not much updated, the team need to improve that thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to web develop with a program with live preview this is a nice app that you can use.

You can develop your website easyly and with a live preview of your work, this is a nice thing that all the development programs must to have in this year. This program is very updated from the community, not so much from the management team but is fine.

BlueGriffon review by User

"Affordable WYSIWYG"

What do you like best?

BlueGriffon is perfect for my team! We aren't web designers, but do need to create html -based documents. I love that BlueGriffon allows us to create our docs quickly and easily. As we have an extremely limited budget, we appreciate BlueGriffon's low price.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a valid complaint. It would be nice if BlueGriffon could give us Adobe XD's simplicity and Dreamweaver's power at BlueGriffon's price. That doesn't fit within a sustainable business model, so we are happy with BlueGriffon as is.

Our LMS has great features, but they don't export well into another LMS (totally understandable). We use BlueGriffon to customize our content for students at an affordable price.

BlueGriffon review by gloryes p.
gloryes p.

""Best ever free choice ""

What do you like best?

I love that BlueGriffon allows us to create our docs quickly and easily .I also really like the look and feel of this one probably the best. I also like the support built around it. Both from the perspective of the company itself and the user base, its one of the best

What do you dislike?

I dislike about the editor. They've done a great job with all the features and making everything work the way they should.

It is a software that I use regularly and am frequently training users on, and many do not have an IT background.

BlueGriffon review by Yousef S.
Yousef S.

"Good product, easy to use"

What do you like best?

the layout is easy to use, I really enjoy using it and find it easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

the UI and colors can be improved a little bit. I wish there were customization options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth trying

Its a great platform for creating and managing my website in an easy and cheap way

BlueGriffon review by Mario V.
Mario V.

"Es un programa joven"

What do you like best?

Va directo al grano. Ordena tus webs como si fuesen modulares y así puedes comprender mejor de qué va la estructura.

What do you dislike?

Aún es incómodo manipular los elementos y moverlos libremente. Las ventanas emergentes no se auto ajustan. La visión de los elementos se ve limitada.

Recommendations to others considering the product

crear una interface más familiar. Los iconos están bien pero las ventanas desplegables requieren aún algo más de instrucción.

Complementó mis avances con dreamweaver, en el manejo de elementos animados más complejos.

BlueGriffon review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Great code editor, excelent web editor"

What do you like best?

I like the way the WYSIWYG works in this editor. I can adjust every component to the pixel. It is great for web design!

What do you dislike?

Well, the autocompletion does not work as fluid as in other code editors... Moreover, the amount of options could seem overwhelming at first. The learning curve could be high if you haven't used a web editor before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than eclipse :)

We are designing a new web interface to reform public administration projects in Andalucia (Spain)

BlueGriffon review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Awesome software "

What do you like best?

it fully conforms to the latest W3C standards, including HTML 5, CSS 2.1 and large parts of CSS 3, CSS Mdia Queries, MathML, SVG, the list goes on

What do you dislike?

There isnt much in the weight of documentation for help. However it's easy enough to tool around and figure out.

We build websites for clients with it. It is very useful for editing.

BlueGriffon review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Great asset to my business"

What do you like best?

That it opens all web pages thanks to its degree of technology

What do you dislike?

I think it lacks the features that many other coding websites have, and it’s paid add-on’s make us want to search for a better coding tool to use. It needs more intermediate tools for intermidate users like myself.

Improved sales and website efficiency

BlueGriffon review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Best free choice "

What do you like best?

I like the different view modes, so you can easily go through the code and the wysiwyg.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the undo option has limited functionality. That gives you less liberty in going through different try and error changes.

Easy html edit

BlueGriffon review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Very happy"

What do you like best?

Edits webpages to web standards quickly !

What do you dislike?

Nothing really I really like using it every day

Easy to make changes and edit pages

Learning about BlueGriffon?

* We monitor all BlueGriffon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.