BlueHornet

BlueHornet extends your email marketing team’s expertise with our intuitive, all-inclusive email-marketing software platform and services.

Work for BlueHornet?
Sendwithus 2x

Learning about BlueHornet?

BlueHornet Reviews

Showing 21 BlueHornet reviews
BlueHornet review by <span>Justin M.</span>
Justin M.

Hard to learn, but good analytics

What do you like best?

The intuitive use of analytics is the easily the best feature of Blue Hornet. You can track performance of mass emails over time and compare trends in delivery and response. Blue Hornet does use field identifiers to make it easy to personalize your emails, but it only includes a pre-set list of fields, so you have to get creative with personalization sometimes.

What do you dislike?

The process used to import emails is burdensome at best. Any file has to be imported as a CSV file and takes several steps to even get to importing a list of emails. The first several times I used Blue Hornet, I needed step by step instructions to get to this point, luckily now that I have done it for a couple years, it's easy to remember. But a first time user would struggle with the very first step of sending an email through this program.

The customization fields could use some major updates as well, especially the ability to customize the fields you can include in the email. Any time I need to include a specific detail that is specific to each person, I need to assign a field that doesn't match (ex: the Address field actually fills in with an ID number). Luckily only the sender sees the code and the receiver never knows, but it does become hard to use the more personalization you include in the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the features you really want in the long run are included with Blue Hornet, as with any other software.

Our office utilizes Blue Hornet to communicate on a large scale via email blasts to prospective students. We can customize communication flow through this program to ensure that messaging is consistent across the office as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BlueHornet
BlueHornet review by <span>Judy  B.</span>
Judy B.

Brands will thrive

What do you like best?

It helps brands stand out and reach their potential by enabling meaningful connections and lasting engagement with their customers. The cloud-based Customer Engagement Platform helps you to execute fully automated, comprehensive, multi-step and personalized marketing campaigns to drive targeted and relevant conversations across email, mobile, social and web.

What do you dislike?

It recently changed names from Blue Hornet to the Mapp. It did so without notification and so I deleted a lot of emails that I thought were from the Mapp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With so many ways of reaching out to customers, multi-channel campaign management is more essential than ever.

But Mapp is more than marketing technology. Their digital marketing experts have supported customers for almost two decades reaching their potential and getting the maximum value from their marketing technology investment. They help with generating leads, and strategy and consulting.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

BlueHornet review by Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management
Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management

BlueHornet through HighRoads

What do you like best?

Ability to link with our CMS, Abilia/NetForum. Our segments for our customers are synced into the system on a nightly basis. We also manage our Unsubscribe center through this.

What do you dislike?

The system is not intuitive. The static & dynamic segments are a pain to set-up and the preferences are not great. You can only go up to a 250 mile radius of a zip code. Date functions are only greater than/less than, instead of within +/- days. Plus it's difficult to manage "not/do not include" items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Might be better off not using as an automated system and rather use it when sending emails and those who click, add to segments and launch emails from that experience.

We're trying to send out automated emails. Someone who signs up would get emails within a 3, 5, 7, 10... days from signing-up. It was not an easy process to manage and still requires on-going administrative work.

BlueHornet review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

Easy to use email marketing software

What do you like best?

Using Bluehornet is the best way to grow your sales using this super easy to use email marketing program. Very reliable and gets the job done better than any other similar program we have tested to date.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems very outdated even though it performs updates somewhat often. Also the gather the stats or reports can be a little tricky, at least compared to doing other things we do that require reports, not email marketing specifically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were able to generate a lot of interest in our products using this and that's really the number one goal. For promotions and other emailing items, I would definitely count on using Bluehornet to get to everyone we need to.

We want to get mass emails out to those that are on our targeted list. The automation and the excellent content creation are big pluses to using it.

BlueHornet review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

Old reliable

What do you like best?

BlueHornet is reliable. It has very good deliverability, strong segmentation, enterprise-level reliability, and Jeff the customer support guy is fantastic. He's worked there for a long time and really knows the ins-and-outs of the platform.

The dynamic segmentation tool is well designed, much better than most other platforms that claim to have good segmentation.

I also think the message creation process is fairly straightforward and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It's old, clunky, and outdated. It has not been updated hardly at all over the past 5 years and really shows it. The WYSIWYG editor is terrible, no marketing automation (beyond basic recurring messages), expensive rendering previews via ReturnPath, clunky dynamic content, very limited reporting/analytics, a dinosaur XML-based API that is slow, no pre-built integrations, and it's extremely expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a good test. Make sure you haven't been sold features that are terribly difficult to use. If you are a batch and blast sender, then BlueHornet might be a good fit. If you are looking for marketing automation, go elsewhere.

Going back to my original comment, we use BlueHornet when we want something reliable. We've used it for 5+ years, and we know where it's lacking, but we also know that it won't go down, that the segmentation tool is very flexible, and that the deliverability is good.

BlueHornet review by User in Marketing and Advertising

A tricky program, but it looks good

What do you like best?

The final product - the email that is sent looks good, and I appreciate that it doesn't take that much for it to look good and send to the right person.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is so incredibly sensitive. Whenever I use the same template, the bullets are so sensitive that I have to use Email on Acid to make sure that it will look right in everyone's inbox. Then, I often have to go to the source code to determine what went wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that it will suit your needs. I wish that it had better way to pull reports.

It gets my email out to the people who I'm targeting. I don't know that I received many benefits beyond getting done what I need to get done.

Learning about BlueHornet?

* We monitor all BlueHornet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.