BlueHornet

BlueHornet extends your email marketing team’s expertise with our intuitive, all-inclusive email-marketing software platform and services.

Work for BlueHornet?

Learning about BlueHornet?

BlueHornet Reviews

Showing 23 BlueHornet reviews
BlueHornet review by <span>Justin M.</span>
Justin M.

"Hard to learn, but good analytics"

What do you like best?

The intuitive use of analytics is the easily the best feature of Blue Hornet. You can track performance of mass emails over time and compare trends in delivery and response. Blue Hornet does use field identifiers to make it easy to personalize your emails, but it only includes a pre-set list of fields, so you have to get creative with personalization sometimes.

What do you dislike?

The process used to import emails is burdensome at best. Any file has to be imported as a CSV file and takes several steps to even get to importing a list of emails. The first several times I used Blue Hornet, I needed step by step instructions to get to this point, luckily now that I have done it for a couple years, it's easy to remember. But a first time user would struggle with the very first step of sending an email through this program.

The customization fields could use some major updates as well, especially the ability to customize the fields you can include in the email. Any time I need to include a specific detail that is specific to each person, I need to assign a field that doesn't match (ex: the Address field actually fills in with an ID number). Luckily only the sender sees the code and the receiver never knows, but it does become hard to use the more personalization you include in the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the features you really want in the long run are included with Blue Hornet, as with any other software.

Our office utilizes Blue Hornet to communicate on a large scale via email blasts to prospective students. We can customize communication flow through this program to ensure that messaging is consistent across the office as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BlueHornet
BlueHornet review by <span>Judy  B.</span>
Judy B.

"Brands will thrive"

What do you like best?

It helps brands stand out and reach their potential by enabling meaningful connections and lasting engagement with their customers. The cloud-based Customer Engagement Platform helps you to execute fully automated, comprehensive, multi-step and personalized marketing campaigns to drive targeted and relevant conversations across email, mobile, social and web.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

With so many ways of reaching out to customers, multi-channel campaign management is more essential than ever.

But Mapp is more than marketing technology. Their digital marketing experts have supported customers for almost two decades reaching their potential and getting the maximum value from their marketing technology investment. They help with generating leads, and strategy and consulting.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

BlueHornet review by Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management
Executive Sponsor in Non-Profit Organization Management

"BlueHornet through HighRoads"

What do you like best?

Ability to link with our CMS, Abilia/NetForum. Our segments for our customers are synced into the system on a nightly basis. We also manage our Unsubscribe center through this.

What do you dislike?

The system is not intuitive. The static & dynamic segments are a pain to set-up and the preferences are not great. You can only go up to a 250 mile radius of a zip code. Date functions are only greater than/less than, instead of within +/- days. Plus it's difficult to manage "not/do not include" items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Might be better off not using as an automated system and rather use it when sending emails and those who click, add to segments and launch emails from that experience.

We're trying to send out automated emails. Someone who signs up would get emails within a 3, 5, 7, 10... days from signing-up. It was not an easy process to manage and still requires on-going administrative work.

BlueHornet review by Administrator

"Great collaboration"

What do you like best?

Blue Hornet is hungry to work with their customers and make their platform work for everyone. If you give them a use case, they find a way to help make it happen and are willing to do manual legwork on their end to help their clients meet their goals.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to have access to more reporting within their platform instead of having our account manager manually put together reports and send them over to us on a weekly basis. It wasn't exactly a hardship for us but there were times when I really wanted to look at how something was performing and my only options for reporting were to export all messages and use excel to go through. Not the worst thing because at least I had access but it could be time consuming at times.

Email personalization with an extremely robust product catalog, coupon bank and single use code distribution

BlueHornet review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Easy to use email marketing software"

What do you like best?

Using Bluehornet is the best way to grow your sales using this super easy to use email marketing program. Very reliable and gets the job done better than any other similar program we have tested to date.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems very outdated even though it performs updates somewhat often. Also the gather the stats or reports can be a little tricky, at least compared to doing other things we do that require reports, not email marketing specifically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were able to generate a lot of interest in our products using this and that's really the number one goal. For promotions and other emailing items, I would definitely count on using Bluehornet to get to everyone we need to.

We want to get mass emails out to those that are on our targeted list. The automation and the excellent content creation are big pluses to using it.

BlueHornet review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Old reliable"

What do you like best?

BlueHornet is reliable. It has very good deliverability, strong segmentation, enterprise-level reliability, and Jeff the customer support guy is fantastic. He's worked there for a long time and really knows the ins-and-outs of the platform.

The dynamic segmentation tool is well designed, much better than most other platforms that claim to have good segmentation.

I also think the message creation process is fairly straightforward and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It's old, clunky, and outdated. It has not been updated hardly at all over the past 5 years and really shows it. The WYSIWYG editor is terrible, no marketing automation (beyond basic recurring messages), expensive rendering previews via ReturnPath, clunky dynamic content, very limited reporting/analytics, a dinosaur XML-based API that is slow, no pre-built integrations, and it's extremely expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a good test. Make sure you haven't been sold features that are terribly difficult to use. If you are a batch and blast sender, then BlueHornet might be a good fit. If you are looking for marketing automation, go elsewhere.

Going back to my original comment, we use BlueHornet when we want something reliable. We've used it for 5+ years, and we know where it's lacking, but we also know that it won't go down, that the segmentation tool is very flexible, and that the deliverability is good.

BlueHornet review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A tricky program, but it looks good"

What do you like best?

The final product - the email that is sent looks good, and I appreciate that it doesn't take that much for it to look good and send to the right person.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is so incredibly sensitive. Whenever I use the same template, the bullets are so sensitive that I have to use Email on Acid to make sure that it will look right in everyone's inbox. Then, I often have to go to the source code to determine what went wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that it will suit your needs. I wish that it had better way to pull reports.

It gets my email out to the people who I'm targeting. I don't know that I received many benefits beyond getting done what I need to get done.

BlueHornet review by User in Computer Software

"Good program for sending emails"

What do you like best?

I used BlueHornet for sending emails in prior years. I do not use BlueHornet today, but I have used it in the past. The program was good for sending emails. It was reliable and got the job done. The emails were easy to create and manage, and sending to our list of contacts was a breeze.

What do you dislike?

At the time we stopped using it, we needed a more comprehensive marketing automation system, which I know BlueHornet does offer now.

We used BlueHornet on a weekly basis to send marketing and promotional emails. It helped us to spread the word about our products and services, and also help drum up business. We know that the key to getting our name out there and having people talk about us is to send emails and promotions that people share with their friends, colleagues, etc.

BlueHornet review by User in Internet

"Outdated Platform"

What do you like best?

Overall the platform is easy to use and navigate through. Setting up campaigns is relatively fast and easy to do. The ability to send basic and live test is a nice feature when having to QA messages.

What do you dislike?

1) Unplanned platform outages have seemed to increase over the recent months.

2) You are not able to duplicate multiple message at one time and need to duplicate them individually.

3) When editing messages in the final review the platform will error out and make you go through each step before being able to reschedule the message.

Email automation, dynamic email content, daily email campaigns

BlueHornet review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Poor DMS Support"

What do you like best?

The segmentation tools are solid, and the agency level tools are also good.

What do you dislike?

Poor support for technical and delivery issues. There also wasn't support for rDNS or swapping out sending domains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider alternative providers that are willing to commit more of the cash flow generated from their ESP into developing new features and hiring excellent support staff. As it is, Digital River (the owning company) makes very little investment into BH.

We have actually shut down our BH account and moved to another vendor. We send about 30MM emails a month and require a better level of service and support.

BlueHornet review by User

"The intuitive use of analytics is the easily the best feature of Blue Hornet."

What do you like best?

I don't hate blue hornet per say, but its one of the most powerful yet least user friendly services out there.

What do you dislike?

It's not at all user friendly which makes it difficult to use. It recently changed names from Blue Hornet to the Mapp. It did so without notification and so I deleted a lot of emails that I thought were from the Mapp.

Their digital marketing experts have supported customers for decades reaching their potential and getting the maximum value from their marketing technology investment.

BlueHornet review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Great for the Intermediate/Expert"

What do you like best?

The comprehensive scale which BlueHornet can provide is almost incomprehensible. Automated marketing campaigns are easy to turn on and off.

What do you dislike?

You have to have an expert level of email coding. There are no templates like other providers. Also, analytics aren't user friendly.

Automated marketing through emails based on customer actions are huge. We're only capitalizing on a few of these because it's hard to come up with them knowing the vast capabilities.

BlueHornet review by User in Internet

"BH Email Platform"

What do you like best?

Extremely user friendly, support is helpful, good documentation, does what you need it to do

What do you dislike?

Not as advanced at tracking as other platforms, frequent downtime

Sending emails to clients, and helping clients build lists for engaging subscribers, help run campaigns and marketing jobs

BlueHornet review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Blue Hornet review"

What do you like best?

I like how it takes the guesswork out of a marketing campaign.

What do you dislike?

There are no distinct features I didn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to reach a customer base for any reason, this is for you. It helps you design a marketing campaign, and implements it for you. Great support also.

This allowed us to come up with an email marketing campaign to let people know about a new line of products we were coming out with.

BlueHornet review by <span>Joseph (JJ) M.</span>
Joseph (JJ) M.

"Good Servicr"

What do you like best?

BlueHornet helped me create emails for various ad campaigns in a simple manner!

What do you dislike?

It is slightly outdated and could use some revamping

I am creating marketing emails

BlueHornet review by <span>Margot D. B.</span>
Margot D. B.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

Marketing potential is high, this has a lot of emailing benefits.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve has been a little time consuming.

Marketing has improved, have has responces from using the application.

BlueHornet review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Best marketing platform"

What do you like best?

The uploading mailing list options are great for successful and high impact marketing campaigns. I particularly like the HTML customization features, something that is not an option with Mailchimp.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work on Chrome. If you are using Mozilla then you are in luck and my dislike doesn't affect you at all.

The option to segment mailing lists helps for effective marketing.

BlueHornet review by <span>Angelique T.</span>
Angelique T.

"Only ok"

What do you like best?

Just barely covers what we need as marketer

What do you dislike?

Tools for loading data are inferior to other products

Engagement management

BlueHornet review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Good but not the best..."

What do you like best?

The software definitely gets the work done and makes things easier for the company as a whole.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this software is how it is a little bit outdated. I don't picture myself using this software in the future.

Sending mass emails was doable using this software.

BlueHornet review by User

"Used Blue Hornet for a short time"

What do you like best?

They had great email campaign options and customizations

What do you dislike?

Customer service wasn't that great. I once needed personalized help and they were not so great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try.

The emails are great, personalized, and well crafted.

BlueHornet review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use email automation platform"

What do you like best?

User friendly platform with great analytics

What do you dislike?

Formatting and html for creative could be tempermental

We sent out multiple email newsletters a day, it was easy to track open rates, clicks and report out to our leadership

BlueHornet review by User

"A great tool but not for beginners"

What do you like best?

Blue hornet has great analytics and provides detailed data on email open and click through rates

What do you dislike?

The HTML platform can be clunky and is not for beginners

We are no longer using blue hornet.

BlueHornet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Blue hornet"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

The cliches that interrupt work or slow down productivity

a lot

Learning about BlueHornet?

* We monitor all BlueHornet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.