Bluehost

3.5

Powering more than two million websites online

Work for Bluehost?

Learning about Bluehost?

Bluehost Reviews

Ask Bluehost a Question
Showing 104 Bluehost reviews
Bluehost review by Robyn K.
Robyn K.

"Affordable Web Hostnig"

What do you like best?

Bluehost offers a one-stop shop for websites including the ability to purchase domains, web hosting and domain management.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard can be a little difficult to navigate if you are unfamiliar with web terminology. There's not a dedicated support person for your account, so if you have any issues you can chat online or call into a call center for technical or account support. When purchasing a domain - I made the mistake of not initially purchasing the domain privacy and was bombarded by phone and email from solicitors offering web related services. I went back and purchased it, but still continue to receive e-mails related to this.

We are able to purchase multiple website domains and have them forward to our two main Bluehost hosted websites. We bought domains that would be related to our business. We also use the hosting services through Bluehost. It's nice to have all of these services in one place - Bluehost even sends reminders when your domain names are up for renewal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bluehost
Bluehost review by Ezz El Dean H.
Ezz El Dean H.

"#1 Web Hosting Company"

What do you like best?

At first I thought it was a bad company, but when I tried it I found that this company was the best hosting company I used. Easy to use control panel and I don't the free SSL certificate, Unlimited email storge, unlimited bandwidth, free domain, 24/7/365 super support and many of the great features that I didn't get for free from a company before but I got it with BlueHost.

What do you dislike?

Affiliate support is very slow and doesn't respond quickly. Sometimes I send message and get a response after a week. There are also some responses that come to justify this delay because they didn't get my message. How did you not get my message and you respond?

Therefore, I hope that the affiliate support will be improved, I am a affiliate member and I have not received any cent since I registered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for good value money for high services and stability for your site please get your hosting from BlueHost

Fast technical support, high value of services, server speed and the additional features are offered with shared hosting plans.

I have been in the past suffering from a lot of downtime and I have to pay extra money to get additional services, but I found these services free with Blue Host and you do not have to pay more money to get the services I want.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

Bluehost review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Bluehost Web Service Solutions"

What do you like best?

I've used several different web hosting services over the years. The others had repeated downtime, glitches, hacks, and minimal benefits for the same or higher cost than Bluehost. I've had minimal problems with my Bluehost account.

What do you dislike?

The customer service department has been a bit slack over the past couple of years. They used to answer right away and immediately fix any concerns. Over the past couple years, the hold and wait time has been pretty long and I often have to go back and forth with them to get a problem solved. Even their online chat service takes awhile to connect with a rep and get things accomplished. I'm not sure if they've outsourced their customer service or if they changed hands and merged or what exactly, it's just not the same as it used to be. Luckily, I don't have issues very often to have to contact them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Bluehost for quite awhile. They said I was hacked once in 2016 and my accounts were all frozen and taken offline while I backed up my files and deleted them from the server. They couldn't show me proof of anything and offered a pay service of theirs to do a sweep, clean and check, which I declined. That was really the only major issue I ever had with them. Otherwise, their web hosting services and options have been a great solution.

I'm able to easily setup redirects, add-on additional domains to my account and easily manage the multiple domains from one easy control panel. I can setup email accounts for each domain and lump everything together under my one account and one price. They offer quite a few plugins and options for more advanced web designers and companies with more demanding needs.

Bluehost review by Klajdi (Klyde) H.
Klajdi (Klyde) H.

"Tons of issues"

What do you like best?

I really like their pricing, can’t really beat that. But other than that, there's really not much to like. Especially in the lower tier plans. I don't know about their higher plans, because their pricing for the higher tier plans isn't that competitive when compared to other companies.

What do you dislike?

Since they have switched me to new servers, my websites have been hacked twice. On two different accounts. And when I contacted their support about the malware problem that I face, I automatically get transferred to their Sucuri.net partner, which has no idea about my account, all they want to do is upsell me something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. Read the reviews, and make sure they're unbiased reviews. A lot of hosting companies "buy" five star reviews.

I can host multiple websites that don't require very fast loading times. It's great with that.

Bluehost review by Dominic C.
Dominic C.

"User interface is convoluted. Support is terrible. "

What do you like best?

BlueHost's core functionality is good. I've never had a problem with speed or uptime.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is pretty messy which makes it difficult to find what you want and get things done. What's worse though, is the fact that the functionality is oddly limited.

For example, I had some staging installations of WordPress that I wanted to delete. After trying every possible thing I could think of, I contacted support and they told me that you need Support to do that for you.

What made me decide to leave BlueHost though, was their "staging" feature. I was excited to give it a test drive but found that it was just a way to contact Support and request a migration to and from a Staging site. To make matters worse, they ended up botching the job and the site was down for about half an hour!

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress Engine is outstanding. We're moving all of our clients to them.

Hosting websites for clients.

Bluehost review by Ian A.
Ian A.

"A great web hosting company that's been around and can be trusted"

What do you like best?

I like that Bluehost offers a full range of domain registration and web hosting services all in one place. The performance of most of the services I've used with them, particularly hosting and email, has been quite smooth and fast. I haven't experienced many negative issues, but when I do, the customer support team at Bluehost has been very helpful and easy to reach. I usually don't wait too long to get someone on the phone. The fact that Bluehost has been around a while and is still going strong with good reviews from many customers gives me confidence in doing business with them.

What do you dislike?

Though Bluehost provides just about everything I need for my web assets, I think their pricing could be lower. There are other similar companies out there with nice packages and deals that I wish Bluehost could provide. Some other companies offer things like domain privacy, more databases and increased server space at lower prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Bluehost is definitely a solid choice for standard web needs like web hosting, email and domain registration. I can't say it's the best for complex websites though, so you may want to look at the full specifications on the Bluehost website before signing up.

Bluehost gives me a reliable platform to host websites that I can use for promotions and data processing. The server speeds have generally been fast and I haven't had to deal with many malware issues. It's great that Bluehost has a wealth of information online that I can search to walk through various account processes on my own.

Bluehost review by Daniel K.
Daniel K.

"One of the better hosting providers I've used for websites and email"

What do you like best?

I like that Bluehost has very low downtime and some of the faster hosting speeds I've experienced among major web hosting providers. Bluehost offers a multitude of web products that allow you to consolidate all of your web assets in one place. Their standard email accounts that come with the basic hosting packages generally work very well.

What do you dislike?

There can be some speeds and connectivity issues when it comes to working CMS platforms like WordPress and Joomla. Though Bluehost's customer support is great overall, they can sometimes not be helpful when it comes to solving specific questions regarding our CMS setup. In those cases, they often refer us to third-party resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan to use a CMS platform, I'd recommend using Bluehost for only simple and straightforward installs. If you plan to add a significant amount of hefty auxiliary files, like CSS, PHP and JavaScript, then you might be better off with a hosting plan that is specialized for your CMS platform.

We can generally post reliable websites and landing pages for our various business services and promotions using Bluehost. Emails through Bluehost are typically delivered in a timely manner. Since the email accounts are sufficient, we save a significant amount of money by not having to purchase an additional email hosting plan on top of our regular web hosting plan.

Bluehost review by Matthew A. L.
Matthew A. L.

"One of the Best"

What do you like best?

Their setup process is very easy, the service is reliable, and they have stand-out customer service. It's responsive and clear. They also have a large and helpful library of resources to make it easy to troubleshoot on your own. The service is reliable for the most part, and the interface/dashboard is clear and easy to use. If you use WordPress, Bluehost has a dedicated service for hosting WordPress sites.

What do you dislike?

Not much - does its job. There have been a few times where service has been down, but at most it's lasted a couple hours. Maybe once or twice last year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do research beforehand on how you'd like to use Bluehost before delving in, to do it right the first time, e.g. SSL certificates, servers, redirects, etc.

Easy and reliable web hosting.

Bluehost review by Administrator

"Excellent hosting company"

What do you like best?

Customer support is awesome! I have called in multiple times with issues that should have been handled by my webmaster, but their tech support went above and beyond every time to actually fix my issues for me.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about them, they seem to have everything under control when it comes to hosting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend bluehost. It is simple and does what you need it to do, especially if you are an owner of a blog or media company. Other hosting sites in my experience are more technical and complex than they need to be. Bluehost cuts out all that jazz and ensures that everything you need is all you see.

My site provides motivation and useful self-improvement information. Because of the fast, and user-friendly experience that Bluehost provides, I've increased my readership by 30% month over month since I started using Bluehost.

Bluehost review by Rebecca Vold P.
Rebecca Vold P.

"Bluehost has made it incredibly easy for me to create my own website"

What do you like best?

I appreciated that Bluehost walked me through step by step in creating my own domain. It linked directly with wordpress so I could create my own blog that I wanted.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no video tutorial at the beginning to explain some of the details. It took my several days of using the software to understand some of the nuances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch videos on youtube of setting up your blog. It can be very difficult to understand all of the details on Bluehost.

I am creating my own blog - and I have realized that it has allowed me to achieve my dream of creating my own blog!

Bluehost review by User in Higher Education

"Blue Host - The Best Web Host"

What do you like best?

Not only is Blue Host extremely easy to set-up and use, it is also a competitive price. I was able to purchase my domain name, for my blog about education, using a prorated plan. Even if you are not sure how long you will be active on the Internet, or use your site, Blue Host's options for purchase offer competitive, realistic hosting rates. I purchased my domain name for three years. It was much cheaper than other hosting sites. The customer service options are also excellent. I receive updates on my site, information on how to improve, and general updates.

What do you dislike?

I am not incredibly savvy when it comes to creating and managing a website, so I was confused about the different levels of purchase available. I was not sure what level of traffic I would receive on my blog, or the type of advertisement options I might want available. I also was not sure about affiliate programs. Blue Host also prompts you to use Word Press, which is fine for my site, but may not work for others. I think the push to use this specific secondary source as a blog site might interfere with the work you do online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I conducted a lot of research into what hosting site would be best for my needs, and no company came close to Blue Host.

I like Blue Host because it allows me to easily keep control of my website, without a lot of work on my part. It is not difficult to know what is happening with the company, nor do I need to worry about hidden fees and random charges on my account. I am always kept up-to-date on what is happening.

Bluehost review by Varat R.
Varat R.

"Pretty satisfying hosting for an online store"

What do you like best?

- Reasonable price, even more on the cheap side

- Easy to use, flexible platform, excellent for small businesses

- 24/7 chat support is very helpful in assisting with basic stuffs and very easy to access for a customer outside the US

What do you dislike?

- It is a shared host, sometimes my ip gets blocked by security software like trendmicro when sending email to my customer. I understand it is a shared host but Bluehost should be periodically informing these companies about their ips being shared ones.

- Technical support staffs have poor technical knowledge. They might have no idea or unable to identify the cause of problems when it comes to a more complicated matter like remoting mySQL database. Many problems usually can't be fixed, even if it can it often takes at least two or three contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything as far as I have used it is fine except their remote mySQL firewall. It is pretty difficult to whitelist an external server ip to access the database. Especially the Google ips, it is impossible and nobody at Bluehost seems to be able to fix it while its competitors like GoDaddy can.

I run an online antique and collectible gallery. It is not exactly e-commerce since customers have to make a phone call in order to purchase anyway. My store is built from Opencart and it works smoothly with Bluehost with a trace of downtime or crash.

Bluehost review by Brett F.
Brett F.

"Great Hosting company"

What do you like best?

BlueHost is a good hosting option for small businesses, small to medium traffic websites, and everything in between. Its relatively simple to set up. What I like best is the help videos and informative articles. Basically everything I've needed to do I've had step by step instructions to assist me.

What do you dislike?

BlueHost offers great initial deals to sign up. After that first contract is up though, they offer no other promotions and you are left to decide to transfers your sites to another hosting company or to pay the increased costs. It's kind of frustrating when you see the deals they offer new people but you cannot get the deals because you are a loyal non-new customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are good. I recommend them.

We host many websites, emails and domains through BlueHost. They are easy to work with and simple steps to set up.

Bluehost review by Ife A.
Ife A.

"Most stable web host i've ever used. "

What do you like best?

The uptime. The added features (ssl, security and backup). I host 8 domains and 15 subdomains on my plan and i've never had downtime in over 3 years. Once i accidentally deleted a site during an upgrade and the support tech had me up and running in less than 25 minutes! You can't beat that level of customer service.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to be honest. I would only suggest they increase the number of web applications available for install using an auto installer. like more LMS and e-commerce web builders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't get better uptime and support anywhere. The pricing is decent and the experience is more than worth the price. Five Stars

We're hosting our websites, knowledgebases, databases and even a linux instance. The benefits are largely operational. Email and web hosting is hassle free, supporting my team is stress free and we can guarantee 99.99% uptime to our customers.

Bluehost review by Henry M.
Henry M.

"Great service! Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Bluehost makes things so much easier for my customers. They love the ease of paying online and I like that they never leave my website to do it. I like the ability to send texts to my customers. The customer support team really works hard to help when there is a problem and they are usually very quick to respond!

What do you dislike?

The website is pretty basic and not very attractive, but we have been more concerned with having a great management system, which we do have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All my info is in one place and I don't have to worry about losing it.

I love the easy access and love how I can help walk customers through the payment options if they want to setup automatic payments, etc.

Bluehost review by Caressa O.
Caressa O.

"Decent features but not very user friendly. Need to be a tech person. "

What do you like best?

Ir was easy to set up my domain and it was pretty simple to use. Also the site performance was very good. It was not as fast to load, but it worked pretty well.

What do you dislike?

Not very cheap. Also the terminology was not easy to understand. You would have to be technically inclined to use this domain hosting service. It also takes longer than for the domain to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a technically inclined person and would like to work with a professional hosting service, I would definitely recommend BlueHost. It was easy to use, but do keep in mind that setting up can take some time.

It was more business oriented. The support is top notch in Bluehost. You can chat or email them at anytime and you will have a faster response. This is not so for many other hosting services.

Bluehost review by Ashlie P.
Ashlie P.

"Not a fan"

What do you like best?

The hosting uses cpanel and is fairly easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customer service, the lack of motivation to solve problems (a CS rep accidentally canceled the wrong service and it ended up in my email and site going down and wasted advertising dollars as it was during a launch and heavy ad time) My experience with them is HANDS DOWN the worst experience I've had working with any company in the past decade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if their service performs well most of the time, it only takes one instance to cost you hundreds or thousands in lost revenue if you run a web-based business. Look elsewhere.

None, they were great when I needed a basic website and non-reliable service and email, but once it became something I used and relied on, they cost more than they were worth.

Bluehost review by Britney K.
Britney K.

"Does the job, but not best website host"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and add plugins, html. My website is pretty fast compared to others. Works well with Wordpress.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot of added on stuff that makes it costly, for the cheapest monthly price, you have to do a 3 year commitment. Customer service is slow. Not the easiest to access my website email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into other hosts first. But it is cheapest if you're just setting it a website up and getting started.

I'm using the website to host my blog page. It's helpful with emails, and reaching people.

Bluehost review by Ernie D.
Ernie D.

"Great Hosting Solution For Personal Or Business Use"

What do you like best?

It's affordable, it's reliable, has an easy C-panel and love the 1-click installs. The features are all pretty standard for any of the lower-cost hosting options. I have multiple accounts with multiple sites underneath them and it suits me well. I use it to purchase domains as well since it is easier to have everything in one place.

What do you dislike?

The domain prices are a few bucks extra compared to what you might pay elsewhere but having domain registration and hosting in one place is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to host a simple wordpress site I would say you can't go wrong with Bluehost.

Need an affordable hosting solution for wordpress sites as well as to host sites that we use for landing pages for advertising campaigns. Easy to manage dns settings and no limit on the number of sites you can have within your hosting environment.

Bluehost review by Brianna D.
Brianna D.

"You get what you pay for!"

What do you like best?

Bluehost is great for small websites or businesses that are just starting out and can't afford to pay for a better hosting service. They are very affordable, easy to set up, and offer the basics to get a website up and running. The admin area is pretty straightforward and it's very easy to use. Though I'd only recommend them as a last resort if other more reliable hosts aren't affordable for the client at this point in time.

What do you dislike?

Websites often run very slowly on Bluehost servers, where they ran very quickly on our local and live development servers. I've had numerous clients complain that their website goes down frequently, or that they have email problems. We had a client recently switch to a more reliable host because their email problems became too much to handle. Frankly, the ups and downs of the servers and the headaches that come with that aren't worth the cheap price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest going with another hosting provider that's more reliable. There are plenty of other affordable hosts that aren't much more expensive than Bluehost, and they are MUCH more reliable than Bluehost.

Bluehost is used to host websites, though I'd prefer for clients to use a different provider that's more reliable. After using hosts like Bluehost, I've come to realize that you get what you pay for; if you're paying pennies for hosting, you aren't going to get a reliable service.

Bluehost review by Muhammad Imran N.
Muhammad Imran N.

"I am in Love with BlueHost Hosting Services"

What do you like best?

I had started my first site with BlueHost and Now after passing more than two years, I am with them. They are awesome in this business that is why I recommend using BH to my blog readers. You can get wordpress hosting plans such as Shared, VPS and Dedicated as well as Cloud at very affordable prices.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, I had never faced any problem regarding hosting, support or any thing in BlueHost.

They are good and reliable hosting provider for wordpress sites and with their hosting servers you don't have worry about anything.

Bluehost review by Nicole D.
Nicole D.

"Bluehost isn't my first choice for Web hosting"

What do you like best?

The fact that Bluehost is on the cheaper side of the Web hosting spectrum is what drew me to their services initially. That and they integrate well with the Wordpress.org dashboard and templates.

Unfortunately, that's where my appreciation for the hosting service ends.

What do you dislike?

Bluehost seems to be extremely slow. My websites have a 1-2 second lag when loading, no matter what platform or web service I'm using. On the back end, when dealing with the Wordpress dashboard, the slow-down is even more prevalent. And there seems to be a hitch when accessing either the website or the dashboard through Safari (Google Chrome is slightly better).

I've also not had much luck with their customer service. Like their Web speeds, they're slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd skip Bluehost and look to other hosting services that provide faster load times and better customer service. Other options include: SiteGround or InMotion.

Initially, I was maintaining a website on their servers quite cheaply, but the lag time in loading the site cost me traffic, so my initial benefit of saving money wasn't worth the price tag.

Bluehost review by Gabriel P.
Gabriel P.

"Almost a perfect hosting for any wordpress website"

What do you like best?

The characteristics as a shared or cloud hosting are perfect. I have 2 WordPress sites with them and they work very smoothly...

All options I've needed for my WordPress have been perfectly achieved.

I love the eaily way to update/change my plan... Just from Shared plan to Cloud plan was in minutes...

What do you dislike?

I began with a Shared hosting and now I'm into Cloud plan. It's very good although not perfect. Some months ago we had 3 weeks with service interruption.

Anyway the support was clear about the problems they had but were some minutes with our sites down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the important is choose the right plan in accordance with websites needs. Just begin with a lower plan and begin scale to higher plans,

I wanted a reliable hosting for our WordPress sites and we found them via a WordPress official site recommendation.

Bluehost review by Dina E.
Dina E.

"A good webhosting service for a small business only"

What do you like best?

Well, their prices for shared web hosting are considered to be one of the cheapest.

unlimited space for hosting, emails and addon domains really helped me put few small websites I own together and manage them all under one account which was really cost effective.

What do you dislike?

I can't rely on Bluehost when it comes to building a website for a serious business, even the dedicated hosting package, as I had too many technical issues with them and their support didn't help much, specially when it comes to server down issue, they simply tell you we are doing our best and leave you alone banging your head against the wall. I will never forget the time when my dedicated server went down for a whole week due to a major hardware failure!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only consider Bluehost if you are going to use it for a small websites.

I'm a web-developer and I've been in the field for almost 10 years, and what I realized after using bluehost for almost 8 years s to use them only if I'm building a small and non critical website, specially if it was an ecommerce website.

Bluehost review by Administrator in Program Development
Administrator in Program Development

"Robust and scalable platform for many business types"

What do you like best?

There are many features offered on the platform, acts as the admin's one-stop shop for web/email hosting and other services. Also fairly easy to navigate despite being a new user.

What do you dislike?

Poor aesthetics, and certain processes can be simplified or automated, or made more intuitive to the end user. In general, could use a more customer-friendly user interface to make it easier for beginners at small businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for businesses who need many features and capabilities for domain hosting.

We require it for web hosting, as well as business emails. Helps us look and act more professional from a digital standpoint and provides security/consolidation for our team.

Bluehost review by Rodrigo D.
Rodrigo D.

"Good enough for most websites"

What do you like best?

You don't need to have any experience to start your website. Also, they offer different plans for different websites. Support is really fast, no downtime in the 2 years I've been with them.

Even the basic plans will give you more than enough disk space, databases, etc.

About price: Even though its a bit pricier than most competitors, it becomes really affordable if you have to host more than one website.

What do you dislike?

Integrated email gets really slow sometimes. Not even near the email quota and you will experience slow navigation.

There is not much documentation on simple functions (like subdomains), but you can get them done pretty easy if you contact customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask. They reply really fast and will explain to you and help you if you run into problems, even technical ones.

I'm starting to move my other websites to a single hosting plan. Its cheaper in the long term and with great support.

Bluehost review by Daniel J.
Daniel J.

"Quick and Easy"

What do you like best?

For me Bluehost was quick and easy to use and has responsive and helpful support. Their hosting was easy to setup with enough features and options for my small site. When I first set up my site I needed help with MX record setup for my email and their support team was very knowledgeable and quick to respond. If nothing else, their support was well worth the price.

What do you dislike?

They may not be the best for large sites or complicated setups, so it depends what you are looking for. Their admin panel could definitely use some work as far as usability goes. It was a little hard to find where to edit name servers, for example. They could definitely make it a little more user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to hosting and need good support, they're definitely worth considering.

I wanted to spend as little time and effort getting my site's hosting setup and running at a decent price, and they were able to meet my needs. With their support, they were also very easy to work with and help me with any questions I had. For a decent price, they were able to put me on a good track to get up and running quickly.

Bluehost review by User

"Poor Level 1 Tech Support"

What do you like best?

I like the different types services that they offer. There was so much that I did like over the years, but they recently made changes that have left me a dissatisfied customer. I am looking for another host as I type this review.

What do you dislike?

They recently changed their tech support and it is now severely lacking. The people they are using do not know what they are doing and messed up my website without wanting to fix it. Took several days and hours on the phone to get them to fix the mistakes they made! I also dislike the pricing. When I first signed up, the prices were reasonable. Each time I renew, the prices are higher and higher, although they offer lower prices on their websites. According to them, sales and promotions are not available to current customers. It is a bait and switch since they email customers the promotions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. There are many hosts out there and you have to know what is important to you. Good tech support is of primary importance to me, and they are currently lacking in that area for sure.

Website hosting, domain registration, email..

Bluehost review by User

"Simple Hosting Solution with Some Issues"

What do you like best?

Easy to get a website up and running. Bluehost lets you register for a domain, get hosting, and install a simple CMS very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Layout of backend is confusing and some of the features were not working while I was setting up the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bluehost provides some helpful stuff for not much money. It gives you options to register a domain and provides you with hosting as well. They have several one click installs for popular CMS (drupal, wordpress, etc). Unfortunately, not all of these were working when I was using this and I was unable to install Drupal 8 using the one-click install (drupal 7 worked fine though). The backend can be somewhat confusing to navigate, and it is not helped by the fact that a lot of bluehost's documentation seems to be out of date.

Hosting a legacy smaller site.

Bluehost review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"A cheap and decent way to host for hobbyists and small businesses."

What do you like best?

Bluehost was my first decent hosting experience. I left 1&1 crooks and needed a host with reasonable support and a billing department that wasn't purposely difficult to reach. Bluehost is mostly known for being a cheap entry-level shared host with easy enough to set up, but it's also an adequate resource for light hosting of other project. They target those interested is launching Wordpress blogs, and provide a reasonably good platform for this. The recent facelift to the control panel was helpful in some ways, but also complicated things unnecessarily. Their pricing has changed to limit domains and file space for entry level customers, but mostly what you get will be more than enough. Bluehost support is great, decently time and friendly.

What do you dislike?

There's some complicated elements to the interface, but after some learning and hiding things you don't use, it's tolerable. I've also had strange uptime issues over the years. Client emails have bounced due to perfectly good domains being blacklisted (blame it on other shared users on the same server). This is a problem which they reverse, but it takes time and people can't send their emails for a while.

Mostly I'll be leaving Bluehost when my term is up as they informed me that they won't honor the original price I paid, and want me to upgrade. On another client package they did so without informing them, so I'll be out and cancelling a bit early.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time getting to know your hosts. There are more options out there than you think. Read reviews from real people. If you foresee heavy usage and uptime is important, you should probably go with a VPS and avoid shared hosting altogether.

I run a small team designing websites for mom and pop shops. I generally allow to host for them to keep their costs low, but specifically only do it at their risk, as my support for them depends on Bluehost's support to me.

Bluehost review by Israel S.
Israel S.

"One of the best web hosts around."

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable customer service, mostly U.S. based (during business hours). CPanel is easy to use, Synching with Wordpress is easy. Good security features. And decent pricing.

What do you dislike?

Knowledge base could provide a little more instruction on more technical areas. Would prefer not to have to call if I can find it in their Help section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely one of the best with competitive pricing and good technical support.

Web Hosting. Email Management. WordPress management.

Bluehost review by christina m.
christina m.

"Good priced but not user friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that bluehost is relatively simple in how to use it and the options it offers with formatting websites.

What do you dislike?

I am completely new to web design and even though it is made for newbies, it is hard for me to navigate.

It offers an affordable platform for my website which I appreciated. I think the cheapest option out there.

Bluehost review by Ang R.
Ang R.

"Good Hosting Solution "

What do you like best?

Good Hosting Provider for small to medium sized businesses , reliable.

What do you dislike?

a tad more expensive than other hosting solutions on the market, still reasonable price point though

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes for medium to small business, that's my experience

-Reliable load and up time for site

-Security is good with them, protects against attacks/breaches

-Keep costs down

-Keeps implementation costs down

Bluehost review by Preston O.
Preston O.

"Bluehost is a great place to host your website."

What do you like best?

The cpanel is an EXTREMELY user friendly way to manage every aspect of your domain. Whether you are trying to add a subdomain, user email addresses, or redirect pages on your website, the cpanel makes these tasks simple. This is good news for those of us who have become the website administrator by default.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any major problems with Bluehost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using Bluehost as an alternative to other

We are a small organization with a staff of five employees. Until recently, we were still using personal gmail accounts to handle all of our communication with each other, as well as our congregation. We have recently made the switch to using email addresses available to us through our domain. This gives a much more professional look to our print materials.

Bluehost review by Administrator in Civic & Social Organization
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Shaky tech with terrible service"

What do you like best?

There isn't much to like... outdated website, pricing at rates like other providers, and unstable tech... I'm trying to think of one nice thing, but there's not much to say. Even if not helpful, the tech people are at least nice.

What do you dislike?

The service keeps crashing, when you call you get upsold on new services, the tech support can't help you if you do have an issue. In our case, our site kept crashing for 45 days because of issues from their side and it took countless hours on tech support to solve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use any other provider that isn't bluehost.

We use it to host our Wordpress blog. No business benefit realized as their service keeps crashing.

Bluehost review by Jorge P.
Jorge P.

"Affordable good web hosting "

What do you like best?

I really like the never-ending promotion for new customers, having 50% discount on the first year!!

What do you dislike?

Limited payment options to credit/debit card. It would be great to pay via PayPal, Google Wallet or Amazon Payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting your own website or blog, and you are on a budget, Bluehost is the way to go! You get awesome benefits at 50% discount when you're a new customer. The system is very user friendly and customization goes all the way.

The only downsize is payment options. However, if you have an International credit/debit card, that wouldn't be a problem.

I'm a game developer, blogger, and I'm on my way to start blogging for profit. Bluehost really helped me start my first blogs at an affordable price that first year when my budget was really tight.

Bluehost review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"Solid, reliable shared hosting"

What do you like best?

The customer service folks are excellent. Every time I've had an issue or a question they have been quick to respond and very helpful. They are super knowledgeable and have fixed every issue quickly.

The pricing is also excellent. Since we don't need a lot as far as server space goes, they have plans that fit our needs for a very low cost.

What do you dislike?

We get occasional slowdowns on our sites, presumably because we are sharing server space across a few different sites.

Also, the user interface for the CPanel could be improved greatly. While it's not as bad as some other companies, that is only because other companies are so far behind. This is an issue that plagues the whole industry, but that doesn't excuse Bluehost from improving things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bluehost is a very reliable, friendly and helpful hosting provider. If you need low cost hosting for websites that don;t generate thousands of visits per day, they are an excellent choice.

Bluehost review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Several Outages, Poor Customer Support"

What do you like best?

The price is cheap, and we're able to manage our site without too much difficulty.

What do you dislike?

We've experienced numerous multi-day outages with Bluehost. We've also had many difficulties with their customer support in terms of solving any issue we might have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business with limited funds and a simple website, Bluehost might work well for you. With any additional complexities, your probably going to be better off with a larger, more reliable hosting service with better support.

Needed a cost effective place to host our business website, and they met those requirements. However, we were unprepared for the downtime we have experienced, and the difficulties with support. Both have cost our business thousands.

Bluehost review by Harpreet P.
Harpreet P.

"Good for beginners"

What do you like best?

Recommended by Wordpress.org

Worldwide servers to cover global users.

Affordable web hosting with large discounts for new users.

Options to scale up to other packages like:

VPS Packages

Cloud Packages

Wordpress Packages

Dedicated Packages

What do you dislike?

no premium features like SSD drives, php7 or website caching.

$99 Website Transfer fee

Slower than average website load speeds

Recommendations to others considering the product

provide premium features like SSD, php7, https/2

Provide quick and affordable web hosting /domains. Provides services and support for small businesses and developers.

Bluehost review by Feliza C.
Feliza C.

"Very good customer service"

What do you like best?

I use BlueHost for web publication hosting using WordPress. I also use BlueHost for email. Both work very well, and it's simple and straightforward for those inexperienced with self-hosting to learn and gain experience.

What do you dislike?

There's a little bit of lag in the email hosting at times. I use a third-party email host/reader and sometimes they don't come through or send right away - I usually experience lags of 20-40 minutes between server refreshes or updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BlueHost is very good for basic website hosting. As I use this as the web hosting for a WordPress site, I have experience with installation there, and it's easy to implement and easy to continue using.

The business itself is a web publication company, so our main product is the website hosted here.

Bluehost review by Nicole M.
Nicole M.

"Bluehost not for faint of heart"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a viable hosting option

What do you dislike?

I think there are easier hosting options out there and bluehost is a bit difficult to use if you dont know computers

I am currently using blue host for a client that I created a website for. I have not come across major benefits that would want to keep me with this company

Bluehost review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Customer Service! "

What do you like best?

I have used Bluehost both for a client and for my own applications. The customer service is above and beyond expectations. If I have a question I am not at all hesitant to contact customer service - some companies frustrate me to the point I would rather just find an answer myself because it seems I can do it faster and easier than the agent. Bluehost obviously trains their employees and hires critical thinkers. I appreciate this more than I feel I can truly express.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike with Bluehost in the 3 or so years I have used them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I have recommended a company for hosting I always mention Bluehost. Everything about the process of setup is streamlined and if you need to call Customer Service, they are wonderful. No one talks to you as if you know nothing - they assess your knowledge first - and as a customer I never feel that I actually know more than the agent I am speaking with at any time.

Ah, to use Corporatespeak...

I use them for Hosting and Domain Registration, so solving the problem that I need those things, and realize that Bluehost provides those services and that benefits me.

Bluehost review by User

"Bluehost as Work Email Platform"

What do you like best?

I have been using Bluehost (squirrel mail to be exact) as a platform for my work e-mail. It has a very user friendly appearance and functions are clearly laid out. It has been an efficient means of communication and I would recommend it to others.

What do you dislike?

There has been one instance where I was unable to upload a file (not due to the size)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, layout is clear,

Fast and easy means of commuication

Bluehost review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"Budget web hosting on par with GoDaddy with somewhat better user experience "

What do you like best?

The user experience with their admin is better than GoDaddy. Nothing extraordinary, just preferable. Custom service is responsive. Has easy quickstart for wordpress.

What do you dislike?

You get what you pay for. It's good enough but nothing that differentiates from other cheap web hosting services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience with Bluehost was primarily for a friend who used them for hosting/DNS. I helped write some PHP scripts as well as do some wordpress work. The experience was fine, nothing exceptional, no complaints. I had no issues, there was sufficient documentation and I was able to do what I needed to. I needed help from their customer service team once and they were responsive within a few hours for a non emergency issue.

Bluehost review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Used for Purchasing Domain and Hosting"

What do you like best?

- Very simple to sign up for

- Works well with WordPress

- Payment is easy

- Great support documentation with videos

What do you dislike?

- User interface is good, but somewhat outdated and clunky at times

- Other than that, met all of my needs for domain purchase and web hosting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great hosting provider, but don't shy away from big names like GoDaddy. Both offer basically all of the same service, it's just the user interface that differs from all of these.

I needed a website host that work well with Wordpress, and this met my need. No significant benefits as opposed to any other hosting service provider.

Bluehost review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Seems Promising"

What do you like best?

I like that after I signed up I got a few phone calls from Bluehost telling me that they wanted to sign me up with my account rep. I haven't followed through on setting this up but it felt like very personalized service.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't quite as intuitive as I'd like but I think if I spend some time on the phone working with a Bluehost account rep I'll be able to get my website set up the way I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't really say yet. I think my frustrations have more to do with WordPress than Bluehost.

I need to set up a website for myself to promote my books and my editorial services. So far I haven't gotten very far but that's more from my lack of time to address the situation.

"Blue Host Review"

What do you like best?

They seem to be a highly stable and reliable platform. We have had no issues with Blue Host performance. More so, we have continued to add services from hosting our email to blogs. They also have a number of affiliates and partners--some of which we have begun to use.

What do you dislike?

Rather challenging at first to steer through their Home page, and cPanel. The layout is quite complicated, Again learning curve, so now not an issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel they do a great job. Some getting used to their layout and functions, but lots of features.

They host in one location a number or our emails, 1 website, and 2 Wordpress sites. We can add new email address very easily for staff and outside contractors.

"Bluehost Review "

What do you like best?

I like that bluehost is a little cheaper than other hosting companies and my website works :)

What do you dislike?

I think that Bluehost used to have better customer service before they got bought by a larger company - I also think the site could be a little more user friendly and updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service isn't as great as it used to be, but they get the job done :) I personally haven't had many issues with Bluehost, but I do have many friends that had hacking issues and website problems using them.

I needed a hosting site and Bluehost was recommended to me - my site is typically very fast and doesn't have downtime.

Bluehost review by Vanesa A.
Vanesa A.

"Best Hosting! "

What do you like best?

Bluehost makes it easy to create attractive, functional, and fantastic websites. Besides fantastic features they also have the best support.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes their phone support is tedious process but their chat is wonderful. Once in a while something goes wrong with a site but Bluehost is always super quick at helping. Value wise as a renewing customer, I was a bit disappointed by the price they offered me for a 2+ years hosting. I was seeing better offers with other hosts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BlueHost's cpanel in particular is where the best value comes. I wasn't too familiar with hosting so Bluehost was the best choice. I highly recommend them for Wordpress base sites. Now that I've tried different hosts Bluehost has been the most positive for Wordpress sites.

Find a hosting that provided fantastic support, easy to use cpanel and host mutiple sites.

Bluehost review by Caryn P.
Caryn P.

"Great hosting service provider"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to host unlimited websites under the same account and only pay once for hosting. This is ideal for a webmaster.

What do you dislike?

The inability to have more than one admin or user per account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better than GoDaddy for hosting!

Website hosting services

Learning about Bluehost?

* We monitor all Bluehost reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.