Bluehost

Powering more than two million websites online

Work for Bluehost?

Learning about Bluehost?

Bluehost Reviews

Ask Bluehost a Question
Showing 87 Bluehost reviews
Bluehost review by <span>Robyn K.</span>
Robyn K.

"Affordable Web Hostnig"

What do you like best?

Bluehost offers a one-stop shop for websites including the ability to purchase domains, web hosting and domain management.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard can be a little difficult to navigate if you are unfamiliar with web terminology. There's not a dedicated support person for your account, so if you have any issues you can chat online or call into a call center for technical or account support. When purchasing a domain - I made the mistake of not initially purchasing the domain privacy and was bombarded by phone and email from solicitors offering web related services. I went back and purchased it, but still continue to receive e-mails related to this.

We are able to purchase multiple website domains and have them forward to our two main Bluehost hosted websites. We bought domains that would be related to our business. We also use the hosting services through Bluehost. It's nice to have all of these services in one place - Bluehost even sends reminders when your domain names are up for renewal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bluehost
Bluehost review by <span>Ezz El Dean H.</span>
Ezz El Dean H.

"#1 Web Hosting Company"

What do you like best?

At first I thought it was a bad company, but when I tried it I found that this company was the best hosting company I used. Easy to use control panel and I don't the free SSL certificate, Unlimited email storge, unlimited bandwidth, free domain, 24/7/365 super support and many of the great features that I didn't get for free from a company before but I got it with BlueHost.

What do you dislike?

Affiliate support is very slow and doesn't respond quickly. Sometimes I send message and get a response after a week. There are also some responses that come to justify this delay because they didn't get my message. How did you not get my message and you respond?

Therefore, I hope that the affiliate support will be improved, I am a affiliate member and I have not received any cent since I registered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for good value money for high services and stability for your site please get your hosting from BlueHost

Fast technical support, high value of services, server speed and the additional features are offered with shared hosting plans.

I have been in the past suffering from a lot of downtime and I have to pay extra money to get additional services, but I found these services free with Blue Host and you do not have to pay more money to get the services I want.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

Bluehost review by <span>Cindy M.</span>
Cindy M.

"Bluehost Web Service Solutions"

What do you like best?

I've used several different web hosting services over the years. The others had repeated downtime, glitches, hacks, and minimal benefits for the same or higher cost than Bluehost. I've had minimal problems with my Bluehost account.

What do you dislike?

The customer service department has been a bit slack over the past couple of years. They used to answer right away and immediately fix any concerns. Over the past couple years, the hold and wait time has been pretty long and I often have to go back and forth with them to get a problem solved. Even their online chat service takes awhile to connect with a rep and get things accomplished. I'm not sure if they've outsourced their customer service or if they changed hands and merged or what exactly, it's just not the same as it used to be. Luckily, I don't have issues very often to have to contact them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Bluehost for quite awhile. They said I was hacked once in 2016 and my accounts were all frozen and taken offline while I backed up my files and deleted them from the server. They couldn't show me proof of anything and offered a pay service of theirs to do a sweep, clean and check, which I declined. That was really the only major issue I ever had with them. Otherwise, their web hosting services and options have been a great solution.

I'm able to easily setup redirects, add-on additional domains to my account and easily manage the multiple domains from one easy control panel. I can setup email accounts for each domain and lump everything together under my one account and one price. They offer quite a few plugins and options for more advanced web designers and companies with more demanding needs.

Bluehost review by <span>Klajdi (Klyde) H.</span>
Klajdi (Klyde) H.

"Tons of issues"

What do you like best?

I really like their pricing, can’t really beat that. But other than that, there's really not much to like. Especially in the lower tier plans. I don't know about their higher plans, because their pricing for the higher tier plans isn't that competitive when compared to other companies.

What do you dislike?

Since they have switched me to new servers, my websites have been hacked twice. On two different accounts. And when I contacted their support about the malware problem that I face, I automatically get transferred to their Sucuri.net partner, which has no idea about my account, all they want to do is upsell me something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. Read the reviews, and make sure they're unbiased reviews. A lot of hosting companies "buy" five star reviews.

I can host multiple websites that don't require very fast loading times. It's great with that.

Bluehost review by <span>Dominic C.</span>
Dominic C.

"User interface is convoluted. Support is terrible. "

What do you like best?

BlueHost's core functionality is good. I've never had a problem with speed or uptime.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is pretty messy which makes it difficult to find what you want and get things done. What's worse though, is the fact that the functionality is oddly limited.

For example, I had some staging installations of WordPress that I wanted to delete. After trying every possible thing I could think of, I contacted support and they told me that you need Support to do that for you.

What made me decide to leave BlueHost though, was their "staging" feature. I was excited to give it a test drive but found that it was just a way to contact Support and request a migration to and from a Staging site. To make matters worse, they ended up botching the job and the site was down for about half an hour!

Recommendations to others considering the product

WordPress Engine is outstanding. We're moving all of our clients to them.

Hosting websites for clients.

Bluehost review by <span>Matthew A. L.</span>
Matthew A. L.

"One of the Best"

What do you like best?

Their setup process is very easy, the service is reliable, and they have stand-out customer service. It's responsive and clear. They also have a large and helpful library of resources to make it easy to troubleshoot on your own. The service is reliable for the most part, and the interface/dashboard is clear and easy to use. If you use WordPress, Bluehost has a dedicated service for hosting WordPress sites.

What do you dislike?

Not much - does its job. There have been a few times where service has been down, but at most it's lasted a couple hours. Maybe once or twice last year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do research beforehand on how you'd like to use Bluehost before delving in, to do it right the first time, e.g. SSL certificates, servers, redirects, etc.

Easy and reliable web hosting.

Learning about Bluehost?

* We monitor all Bluehost reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.