Graphical workflows.... and honestly that is the only thing i like about this.
The other developer and myself have started to establish some what of a relationship with the support personnel because of all the calls we have had with them.
- Our environment is very dynamic, previous versions of footprints were more agile, and process changes were quickly made in the system and deployed from QA-Prod. this version needs long scheduled maintenance windows. In a 24/7 shop that is difficult to come by.
- Even at 12.6 the application is very buggy. SQL deadlock errors are very common.
- Some key actions in business rules do not work as expected. (listed as defects with BMC)
- The more items you have linked to a ticket the slower the interface becomes, 2-3 min. for refresh at times. (support optimizations have not helped)
- API cannot handle more than one request at a time, making timely bulk updates virtually impossible
- Not able to view more than one ticket at a time on screen (no side by side comparison of tickets are possbile)
- Cross item reporting only works with tickets and does not include related CIs'. (listed as defect with BMC)
- Performance is unbearable at times. System shows the application is only using 5-8% processor time and half of the memory allocated to it. SQL back end is not busy with bandwidth to spare and our screen will time out waiting for a refresh.
I really wanted to like this version of the application, but i am not able to give any real positive feed back on this app.