What do you like best?
* Unified systems to manage Incidents, Problems, Change requests, Technical requests
* Ability to generate reports is in-built in the tool. Provides visibility in tracking tickets.
* Helps integrate Incidents and problems with Changes to be implemented
* Integration with other systems like Crystal Reports, etc is useful.
* Adheres to most of the ITIL principles which is good
* Implementation time are shorter as compared to other products.
What do you dislike?
* It takes longer to truely understand the usage of tool. Lot of training is required.
* Tool is not intuitive/ easy to use for beginners.
* CRQ creation is a cumbersome task. Editing CRQ already submitted is very time consuming affair. Errors shown are difficult to comprehend. Identifying and correcting mistakes is not easy.
* Customizing application is difficult at times
Recommendations to others considering the product
Without proper user training, adaption of this tool could be difficult. Follow a structure process while creating/ submitting requests via this tool as mistakes are not easy to rectify.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Issues associated with below are primarily resolved using BMC Remedy ITSM tool
* Service Request Management
* Change Management
* Incident/ Problem Management
* Effective Segregation of Incidents, Problems, Service Requests and Change requests for better management
* Provides visibility in to tracking and closing requests.
* Helps define and capture SLAs for each type of request.