Bolstra

Bolstra

Bolstra is an agile customer success management platform that helps companies plan, manage and engage with their customers.

Work for Bolstra?

Learning about Bolstra?

Compare Bolstra to Similar Solutions

Bolstra Reviews

Ask Bolstra a Question
Showing 31 Bolstra reviews
Bolstra review by Jenna H.
Jenna H.

"Bolstra Client Success Feedback"

What do you like best?

I like the lanes in the Activity Dashboard the best. I like being able to move the cards from To Do > Doing > On Hold > Completed. This helps me prioritize my accounts.

What do you dislike?

What I would like to see out of the product is being able to filter my cards by particular due dates rather than time frames. I would also like to be able to leave account notes while on the actual account itself.

***Update: Bolstra has made both of these updates for us and it has substantially improved product performance! I truly believe the Product team listens to their clients (thank you).

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

I like to be able to log minutes to activities (calls included) so that I can run a report to see how much of my time is spent on accounts and which accounts I'm spending the most time with. Also, it is very helpeful to be able to attach documents/presentations to particular activity notes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bolstra
Bolstra review by Ariel B.
Ariel B.

"Forward thinking software "

What do you like best?

Bolstra is taking a very forward-thinking approach to Customer Success; it provides the same analytics capability that other CS software does (you can generate multiple Health Scores and run reports), but it also has an Agile workflow capability that no other platform has. This is a game changing technology in this space; it's something that can help to effect real results rapidly.

What do you dislike?

So far, I have not found anything that I dislike about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at 9 different software packages; do your due diligence, but ask them if the support Agile work management.

Bolstra helps my Customer Success team to be a lot more proactive; for example, if a negative action occurs (for example, a bad survey result after a support ticket) a bunch of actions can be automatically kicked off in Bolstra so the CSM will take immediate action.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

"Super Easy To Use!"

What do you like best?

Bolstra is simple to use and easy to understand. Bolstra took our processes and made them a part of a journey that we use to help our customers.

What do you dislike?

I would like for analytics to be more incorporated into the accounts pages. I have to access a separate analytics section now. It's not terribly inconvenient, but having it together would definitely be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure everyone in your organization is bought in to adopting a solution. Even the best solution will fail if there isn't unity across the team for making a new tool or platform work. Bolstra does a great job of partnering with you through implementation and training but you have to own it as well.

We had one major goal with Bolstra. Consistency. We have a good product and a good plan for how we should help customers get the most from it. But we were not all following the plan in the same way and our outcomes were inconsistent (i.e. some people were losing more customers and missing opportunities to increase value)

Bolstra review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"A good tool with room for growth"

What do you like best?

Workflow for CSM - very easy to track activities, conversations, touch points, and the customer's journey. Low ramp up time for basic usage. Activity card creation being both triggered and manual is great. The UI is pretty intuitive for an individual contributor's needs and not overwhelming for even the less-technical CSM.

What do you dislike?

Three key areas are lacking. 1. Reporting - this is extremely lacking for either an individual contributor to share info with other areas of the business, or a manager needing to report up to an executive team; 2. Configurability - there are configurable options, but it's not user-accessible or easy to do; 3. Account plans - there's no account planning functionality/playbook as far as I'm aware, which is a big hit to Bolstra when comparing to their competition

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what you need from a manager point of view, not only a CSM user point of view. What do you need to report to your business? Who else needs insight into the customer's details? What do they need to know?What actions do you want to take based on the information Bolstra brings to light? If Bolstra can fulfill your needs in all of these areas then it's probably a good fit!

Consolidating customer notes from various repositories and pulling together a full customer view. Account plans and reporting needs to be built out more for this to be as beneficial as it could be, but it's a great start!

Bolstra review by Ben H.
Ben H.

"Beginning of a wonderful partnership!"

What do you like best?

I not only like, but I LOVE the culture of Bolstra. They believe in Customer Success. It shows in their product, leadership, employees (especially Adam Young). We have a budding partnership and we feel completely empowered to do more with Bolstra.

Drucker said, "Culture eats strategy for breakfast!" and Bolstra is a living example! They have their priorities and values straight.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, as the product meets our needs. We were provided full access to a working demo instance and had plenty of time to learn what Bolstra offered. All the references that I spoke to, both solicited via Bolstra and independently, validated it was a great product, and strong relationships.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the DriveIt! (Evaluation) Program. Given that every feature is enabled, except integrations with your CRM, test every feature to see if it is a good fit. You can invite as many users to participate in the evaluation as well.

The Administration of Bolstra is easy, but a good idea again, to try out before you purchase.

Highly recommend that you purchase their Assurance Services. This will significantly reduce your first time to value. Through these services, we were able to configure and go-live three weeks from the day our production instance was provisioned.

Bolstra has begun to allow us to deliver and maintain a high quality, process-centric customer experience. We are already starting to see key benefits to Bolstra, as it is helping us to build customer success at scale.

Bolstra review by Administrator

"Bolstra Upgrades My CS Team. The Perfect Tool for Customer Success!"

What do you like best?

Bolstra not only gives my team access to everything that matters in managing their relationships. Bolstra provides the perfect paradigm for managing the work that makes the biggest impact on my accounts. Even more, it gives my team the unique ability now to provide useful insights and timely updates to every other department. My team now makes every other team better.

What do you dislike?

Bolstra doesn't yet have an extensive list of native integrations. On the plus side, they have a native Salesforce integration and can quickly replicate other customer integrations that they have already implemented for other customers. However, with new integration requests, scoping and development can take as much as 2-3 weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Bolstra if you want a tool that is easy to use, easy to administer and is supported by a CS team that is devoted to seeing you succeed in your use of their software. You can find alternatives that cost less and cost more, but Bolstra allows you to give as much attention to the work you do to serve your customers as it does to reporting and analytics. It gives you the tools to do something about the things you learn in your reports.

My team has been inconsistent with delivery. Each person using different approaches, different templates and getting different results. Moreover, my team has had to access as many as 4-5 different applications to get a complete and useful picture of the customer. With Bolstra, I design and deploy playbooks that ensure my team follows the same process for every step in my lifecycle. With feedback, my playbooks get better and my whole team is following the best practices we learn along the way. Additionally, my team now has a single pane of glass through which they can see everything they need and want to know to about their customers at a moments notice.

Bolstra review by Gabrielle T.
Gabrielle T.

"Clear and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Bolstra is a software solution (SaaS) provider for Business to Business companies looking to increase their recurring revenue by reducing churn and identifying up sell opportunities. Their solution, with built-in best practices, helps companies drive the desired outcomes that your customers demand. Very clear formatting and easy to use aspects. It brings customer success and allows customers to trust the system. I like Bolstra a lot because it manages customer journey so we get a clear view on how well we are doing. Bolstra capitalises on precise moments where a customer is extremely valuable to a company. It hints at insight that would not be as easily accessible. Bolstra gives companies that extra edge in order to compete with competitors and win repeating customers, evidently generating revenue.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Bolstra. I think it is a useful tool. They are very responsive and responsible. Their main concern is customer satisfaction. There is a solution to every problem that may arise and cause issues with the pathway to customer satisfaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the basics and be patient.

Bolstra helps manage work flow and customer success. It is easily used and efficient. With charts and pie graphs, it is easy to make insights and become aware of your customers current motives. Bolstra is very data driven and customer oriented so when a business problem comes into play, Bolstra handles the situation and makes sure customers get the utmost helpfulness.

Bolstra review by Cameron M.
Cameron M.

"Evolving product - great for keeping our CS team organized"

What do you like best?

Bolstra gives our Customer Success team the ability to easily surface meaningful information across the rest of our business. We use the analytics capabilities as a dashboard to present customer data to our leadership team. The activity cards are also helpful for triggering upcoming lifecycle events & for keeping customer projects organized.

What do you dislike?

Functionality is still a bit limited and, at times confusing. Although the CS team at Bolstra has been very helpful in communicating updates & takes the time to hear and implement our feedback.

Improved overall organization across customer projects

Allowed our CS team to easily report on customer account status, ongoing projects, and time spent per customer account.

Bolstra review by Keeley S.
Keeley S.

"Mic Drop"

What do you like best?

I love the real-time ability to modify fields and have them push to SalesForce, that was such a key feature for us. In addition, the integration with SalesForce is so simple and straightforward. When they say it's easy they truly mean it. The last thing I would note is that the platform allows us to understand qualitative measures as it pertains to understanding account and is reflected in the Health Score feature. We have such flexibility to measure various aspects in the Health Score.

What do you dislike?

So far I honestly can't say that there is something I don't like.

We are solving the chaos! We're bringing process and accountability to our Customer Success team. In addition the tool provides an amazing line-of-sight for management to team members regarding their daily activity. It provides a crucial look at the health of our accounts too.

Bolstra review by Adam  S.
Adam S.

"Highly Adaptable Customer Success Management Platform "

What do you like best?

The general architecture of Bolstra allows us to easily align it to our complex business processes across many different teams, locations, and regions.

What do you dislike?

Data presentation capabilties are immature at this point in time. Currently you are limited to a single data type per chart and can only display data in a line chart.

Bolstra allows Aprimo to pull in different types of data from multiple disperate systems of record, thus allowing us to have a single location where our sales and technical management teams can see a 360 degree view of their customer. This steamlines those teams efforts to collect that information and eliminates them having to chase multiple teams to get cusotmer specific information. Bolstra also helps us illustrate organizational process gaps which helps to organize and priortize the business case for investment to correct those gaps.

"Bolstra Feedback"

What do you like best?

I like that Bolstra has the ability to auto-log emails, eliminating the need to manually log multiple Touchpoints every day. The different lanes are helpful to keep me organized as well.

The dedication of the Bolstra team to ensure a smooth transition to this new product was very impressive.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to sort the lanes individually instead of being forced to apply the same sorting feature to all lanes. For example: I would like certain lanes organized by date created and others organized alphabetically, etc.

The ability to "pin" a certain Touchpoint to the top of the Touchpoint page under Accounts would be helpful. The "pinned" Touchpoint(s) would remain until "unpinned" by the user. This would allow important notes to be seen first and not missed by other users.

The ability to search accounts by a listed contact would be helpful as well.

The To Do lane allows me to keep everything I need to work on all in one place.

"Intuitive Design"

What do you like best?

Bolstra has intuitively separated knowledge from work and connected them only in the places where it makes sense. What you do matters and Bolstra is the only platform I have seen that centers itself around the work that your team does.

What do you dislike?

There is no chatter or messaging within the platform. We are doing fine using Slack, but I'd love to communicate better in context of the tasks we are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tell Bolstra what problems you are trying to solve and let them tailor a demo for you that shows you how their customers are solving it.

We are very high touch for the first 6 months of our implementation and Bolstra helps us to stay on track to make sure we are accomplishing all of the thing we need to.

Bolstra review by Administrator

"Our CS team just got upgraded!"

What do you like best?

The work dashboard and having all of the account, contract, health, usage and support data in one place is crazy! We have our whole lifecycle modeled and are adding triggers to respond to changes in health, usage and support. It's like putting on glasses for the first time and realizing you couldn't see before.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Bolstra so far. I'm sure there will be things that I would like to be better or different but I am already super confident that Bolstra will keep making it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bolstra listens. Bolstra works with you. Bolstra does what it takes to help you succeed as long as you need them. Maybe all CS platforms are like this, I don't know. But I wouldn't want to implement a platform with anyone else.

We are at the spot where we can't keep doing things ad-hoc. We haven't had a way to measure what kind and how much work we have been putting into our implementations, training, business reviews and helping customers mature. That is changing, starting day 1 with Bolstra.

Bolstra review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"A platform that delivers on what it promises"

What do you like best?

Bolstra told us and showed us that they would give us a way to create templates for our work and great ways to do what we do better. They aren't the flashiest platform you can invest in, but they deliver on their promise.

What do you dislike?

The application has a bit too much white space. They could use more color.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose a platform that can deliver what they offer and make sure you understand what resources and abilities you must possess to get live. Bolstra will walk through all of that before you buy and in my experience will stay true to what they offer. That is not the experience we have had with all platforms.

It's less of what business problem we are solving and more what business activity are we now doing because of Bolstra. We had a team that was doing similar but different things. We couldn't say that every customer was getting the same experience or the best experience.

Bolstra review by User

"Finally! Someone made CS software to get stuff done!"

What do you like best?

The kanban board is the perfect way to organize and manage work for what is asked of CS people. I used to have to log in to 3 or 4 places and keep a few different spreadsheets to know what was going on. Plus everyone on my team was doing different stuff. Bolstra has everything I need in one place.

What do you dislike?

Different users do different things and it would be nice if we could have different activity lanes on our kanban board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you choose a platform, know what YOU need. If you don't know what problems you are trying to solve in your business you can end up with a tool that looks great and works well and doesn't make any difference to you. Bolstra was the right product for what WE needed.

We are trying to organize our team so we can identify opportunities better for upselling services and additional licenses. Before Bolstra we were spending all of our time just trying to stay on pace. Bolstra has helped us to be more efficient and allows us to place focus where it should be each day.

Bolstra review by User

"One place to see and do all my work!"

What do you like best?

The activity dashboard helps me to see, prioritize and execute the tasks that are most important. Plus the account pages and health scores give me an easy place to see how my accounts are doing.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were better notifications or alerts built into the system. The cards are useful and provide great detail, I just need to be told when I have a new card sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked around a lot. No software solves all of the problems well. Bolstra solves the problem of making your team aware of what to do and when to do it. They do that really well. Know what what your biggest pains are and what you need your platform to help you solve. Buy what YOU need instead of being sold a bunch of features that don't help you make a difference.

I am managing a lot of accounts after implementation is complete. It had gotten overwhelming to know what I was supposed to be doing with each account. Sometimes accounts wouldn't get called or emailed for a month or two. Bolstra helps me to not let customers slip between the cracks and tells me what I need to be doing with them to help them get the most from my product.

Bolstra review by Executive Sponsor in Telecommunications
Executive Sponsor in Telecommunications

"A great solution for my team!"

What do you like best?

Bolstra is very good software that helps us solve OUR specific problems and it is supported by a great group of people who work hard to help us make Bolstra work for us. My team now has one place to see all of the usage, support and revenue information I need them to see for all of their accounts combined with best in class work management.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not much that I dislike about Bolstra. One thing I feel like they could improve upon is email logging. It does a great job of pulling in all emails associated with each account and logging them to the account history. However, I would like to be able to respond to emails out of Bolstra directly in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation on a platform requires a relationship to get it right and done on time. Bolstra has a CS team that is engaging and responsive and collaborates. You can spend more with another product (I tried that already) and you can fall in love with features you don't need (guilty again). Bolstra will get you up and running quickly and they will partner with you and your team as you make their product support your business. What good is there in buying the supercar if you can never get it on the track (don't ask).

Our problem has been that we have lost a number of accounts before we even realized that our relationship was at risk. Bolstra has helped us to use our data to create an index that alerts us when a customer is beginning to look like they could be at risk. Also, I am now sure that my business reviews and other planned meetings are being completed on time.

Bolstra review by User in Information Technology and Services

"We can't go back to working the old way!"

What do you like best?

The activity dashboard let's us organize and manage the work that matters. Now I know what to do for each customer to keep them progressing with our product. What used to require a slew of websites and no small number of spreadsheets now just requires Bolstra.

What do you dislike?

Bolstra doesn't have all of the reports that some of the other tools have. However, I am finding that I don't always need a bunch of reports to know what to do anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want to accomplish. Bolstra focuses on helping your team(s) collaborate and solve problems for your customers. Don't fall in love with reports and charts that tell you what already happened but don't help make something happen today.

We have lots of accounts and we have to do a lot of work to help our customers be successful. It used to be very taxing to remember what you had done on each account, what you are doing and what needed to be done next. Bolstra uses the kanban board as a simple way to visually manage the things we do.

Bolstra review by Darrel  R.
Darrel R.

"Bolstra lives Customer Success every day."

What do you like best?

Bolstra has been a great partner in our customer success journey. Their teams get why customer success is so important. Their product is easy to use and is exactly what we were looking for. I'm excited about the future of this platform and what we'll be able to do with our customer success initiatives.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything that I dislike about Bolstra. They stay engaged and work with us according to our needs and pace.

Bolstra helps us to better listen and understand our customers so that we can maximize our Lifetime Customer Value. We started with understanding Customer Health which is a key part of reducing churn and maximizing growth.

Bolstra review by Jeana D.
Jeana D.

"Client Success Manager"

What do you like best?

My favourite feature using Bolstra is the Notes section! It's great to leave notes on my account that could otherwise easily be forgotten.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to create and send emails directly from Bolstra; I'd also love when I send a group email if there was only 1 touchpoint entry instead of an email touchpoint entry for each of the recipients.

The benefits are wonderful - it keeps me up-to-date with my call cadence, as well as provides me historical information to look back on for continuous process improvement.

"Organization/Structure we needed"

What do you like best?

Quick view filter options - the Bolstra platform makes it incredibly easy to view cards based on any criteria you set in place.

What do you dislike?

When using the platform there doesn't appear to be an easy way to navigate back to where you were just at with ease.

We are a young company and have the need to track activities that total to converting prospects to leads. This ultimately affects our business model moving forward so this is a crucial need for us to monitor.

Bolstra review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Has potential"

What do you like best?

I like that it helps you be able to organize your accounts and contact information. I like the filtering options on accounts.

What do you dislike?

I need the cards to be in date and time order so that I can truly manage my day. I have over 100 accounts so it gets very confusing. I also would like to be able to consolidate my touchpoints to quickly get to my notes instead of seeing mostly emails.

It is helping me keep track of touchpoints.

Bolstra review by User in Computer Software

"The hands-on approach by the Bolstra team made the implementation of their software a breeze."

What do you like best?

The involvement by the Bolstra team. They were very hands-on and interactive throughout the entire process.

What do you dislike?

Just the change to a new software in general. We were so used to having Trello that anything new was a little scary.

Consistency in customer experience and workflow management. We will soon begin using the analytics to determine staffing needs. We have already seen improvement in the area of consistency of processes.

Bolstra review by User in Computer Software

"Processflow through Engagements in Bolstra. "

What do you like best?

I like Bolstra, as it allows for my team to work on a multitude of projects with seamless flow by using automatic engagements.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike about Bolstra is the wasters white space on the Account Details screen; however, I have heard that this will be fixed in the upcoming update.

By using Bolstra, my team is able to fully track our client interaction along with time management. We are able to easily detect clients who need to be contacted, and we are able to easily detect what clients we are spending the majority of time with at any time.

"Extremely responsive!"

What do you like best?

They are always extremely responsive to questions and requests. The system may not always have what we need, BUT they always make it work, even if it means some dev time.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. As stated above, they have always been able to find a solution.

Project management, consistency in process from one member of the team to the other, communication between teams

Bolstra review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Pleasantly Surprised "

What do you like best?

I went into the platform thinking it wouldn’t have anything new to offer. The ability to multitask proved me wrong. My work speed doubled

What do you dislike?

It was a little intimidating at first upon downloading. It struck me as very complex when it really wasn’t after all. The intimidation factor might scare away potential users.

I can keep up with the speed of the work coming in now, whereas I couldn’t before. I’m extra productive now. It's great to keep my production up and the workload at a non-overwhelming amount.

Bolstra review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Bolstra makes it easy to collaborate between departments while keeping all the data organized. Engaging with customers is the easiest it has ever been. My former company used Bolstra and I will advocate for it at every place I work.

What do you dislike?

Nothing... This was the best software that I have found on the market that manages customer experience like this.

Customer service and sales info get lost in the daily grind and this platform makes a huge impact on keeping everyone organized.

"Growing with Bolstra"

What do you like best?

I like that we can come to Bolstra with process improvements that we could like to see.

What do you dislike?

That there are items that Bolstra does not already have, which means we are having to figure out what we need to make it work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to use this product for automatically assigning tasks to different users, it's not currently set up for that.

Organizing tasks.

Bolstra review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Configurable solution that helps with daily work"

What do you like best?

I like that this solution makes actionable items for the CSM and provides high level reporting for management as well

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to find notes from previous conversations with the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

strongly recommend is you want a solution that actually supports the CSM role

Managing high volume of clients while maintaining high touch model

Bolstra review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Bolstra Assistance"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is great. Very helpful and friendly and would recommend product to anyone.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. This software can do numerous things so sometimes it is hard to remember all it can do for you.

Bolstra is excellent with customer retention.

Bolstra review by Administrator

"Very impressed with Bolstra capabilities. "

What do you like best?

The customer service is amazing. They made the implementation process much smoother.

What do you dislike?

I can not complain about any portion of the software.

We are able to judge work load easier throughout our processes.

Learning about Bolstra?

* We monitor all Bolstra reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Bolstra to Similar Solutions