Bomgar Remote Support

4.7

Bomgar provides secure access solutions that empower business, enabling secure connections for securely and easily supporting computing systems and mobile devices. The company’s products help organizations to improve tech support security, efficiency and overall performance.

Work for Bomgar Remote Support?

Learning about Bomgar?

Bomgar Remote Support Reviews

Showing 171 Bomgar reviews
Bomgar review by Brett H.
Brett H.

"Bomgar, Need I say more?"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Bomgar and using it for remote support is that I can remote to customers that are outside my intranet. I used to have to try and explain what I wanted them to do and it always gave me a headache and I would wish that the tech existed to slap people through the phone. Now Bomgar has made me a more relaxed and professional person I know longer want to slap people through a phone, AND I can take control away from those people who just don't understand that when they move the mouse it takes control from me...I still kind of want to slap those ones through the phone.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is when you are inactive in Bomgar it will interrupt what you are doing and tell you so. I can tell you how many times I have been in the middle of something and it has popped up and taken attention away from what I was doing. The worst is when you are typing and you don't see it pop up so you keep on typing and 20 minutes later you want to die.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it!

The main business problems we are solving is that of being able to more reliably remote to customer's computers. We used to use SCSM and it never really worked all that well and definitely didn't work off the intranet.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bomgar Remote Support
Bomgar review by Eric W.
Eric W.

"The most complete remote support solution I have used."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is KACE Integration.

What do you dislike?

Apple does not allow any remote support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My best recommendation is to purchase the deployment services with the product. Implementation in a time conscious way that gets effective results is nothing short of complicated and unpleasant. The implementation team can get you all the necessary and recommended settings configured right out of the box. They will help you customize the product to fit your needs during implementation, but they will also try to rush through the process. Make them slow down and really dig in with you so you can get a good understanding of the administration side of the appliance right out of the gate because the first time you go to make a change without support it will likely take some time to find what you need.

The most prominent problem Bomgar solved for us is remote support to mobile devices. Bomgar has full control capabilities to Samsung mobile devices which has helped us support our colleagues in the field in scenerios where other tools fall short.

Desktop support for our outlying plants/offices has dramatically improved our efficiently and time usage. Our users are much happier now that we can solve their issues much faster ad with less intervention on their part.

Manageability of our virtual server instance without having to login to the instances has been extremely useful in cases where certain policies make accessibility a challenge.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Bomgar review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Well Worth the Money"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for end users and easy to administrate. You can use it to screen share on multiple platforms. It allows you to automatically login after restarting the client's machine as long as you have the customer type in their login credentials. Hence, the end user does not need to share their credentials. You can adjust what level of video quality you see on your end. For example, you can have Bomgar degrade the video quality to black and white instead of color to help with bandwidth issues. You can also easily see from a user or end user perspective who is available as an agent in Bomgar.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar is the right software for support staff if you want to be able to screen share, act as administrator on client machine, stay connected after rebooting client machine, and not have to ask client to share their password with you.

At our Help Desk, we do a fair amount of support via phone, and doing support via phone can be heard when trying to communicate how to do something or where to look on the screen when talking to an end user. When conversations start to get hard for us support staff, we use Bomgar so that we can see the end user's machine and essentially do the work ourselves if needed versus trying to have the end user do the work.

Bomgar review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"Flexible and built to work smoothly during heavy workloads"

What do you like best?

This tool was certainly made with security in mind. When you are in a support session with a customer, all the activities and permissions given get logged in the audit log of the session. The video recording is a great plus and I appreciate it's also in high resolution. It's also compatible with enterprise-grade tools, such as Kerberos authentication and LDAP for user directory retrieval. For mission-critical organizations, the failover set up is also very nice and easy to setup. Last but not least, the documentation is very clear and well covered, and that is a great advantage over many tools of the industry. What I like most is that they really seem to hear the market, because when I get asked as a consultant about a feature, within a few clicks away I find it in the tool.

What do you dislike?

If you size it incorrectly during the deployment into a hypervisor, it will take a lot of RAM and it might take a lot of resources to the point the entire hypervisor gets unusable. However, that scenario is not very likely, specially if you followed up the documentation properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When deploying the solutions, please make sure you have all the requirements mentioned in the documentation before attempting to deploy the appliance. Otherwise you will hit roadblocks and doing "ad-hoc" setups that will not be best practice when deploying the solution.

The granular permissions model and the audit log and video the product offers, is a great benefit for those customers that need to comply with heavy regulations, so when choosing remote support tools, this choice is an easy call on BOMGAR, because of this.

Bomgar review by Charlie K.
Charlie K.

"The Most Comprehensive and secure remote support tool - BOMGAR "

What do you like best?

simple user interface for agent & customer

What do you dislike?

nothing - its all good. They quickly acknowledge any enhancement requests and keep us updated with future product road-map.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the big picture when comparing vendors. Bomgar has it all with extensive experience and innovation in the field of remote support solutions. No other vendor comes close to providing the comprehensive secure remote support solution that Bomgar does. The concurrent licensing model fits my needs since we have several shifts of techs we only pay for the # we need to actually use at any one time.

We increasingly have to support a wide geographically dispersed user base. With Bomgar remote support we can support those users anytime, anywhere, on any platform all without leaving our desks. As a tech support manager It is helpful to have the reporting and recordings for review. Some of our customers never come to campus so we can remote in and assist with computer configurations that were previously done in person saving travel time and costs. The big benefit is in solving issues without dispatching techs for basic desk side support. that helps improve the help-desk first contact resolution rate (FCR) and results in higher customer satisfaction ratings too. Today's versions allow my support agents to be anywhere also with the Bomgar mobile representative client. We don't need it often but when you can resolve an issue from your mobile device from where ever you are means not having to run out to find a computer and connect is priceless.

Bomgar review by Travis G.
Travis G.

"Stop looking and start Bomgaring. "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Bomgar is that it's the complete package for remote support. The amount of information that you can collect from a customer's computer without even screen sharing is immense. System info, installed applications and versions, connected drives, Network info, all of that is there with a few quick clicks. The customer's effort to get connected is quick and easy and doesn't leave a shred of evidence behind once the sessions is over.

What do you dislike?

If I'm being picky, we experienced our first software bug after an upgrade for the first time this year. In three years and 4 major upgrades! That's unheard of and has already been addressed and patched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sales team is top notch and really cares for customers. I love our rep and we have a great relationship. If I ever went anywhere else, I'd incorporate Bomgar as fast as possible.

We use Bomgar to remotely support over 27,000 students and 10,000 staff and faculty that are distributed across the state of Tennessee. Rather than our customers having to explain complex issues or send our physical technicians to office, we use Bomgar to quickly and efficiently triage and solve a variety of issues.

Bomgar review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Better than all the rest"

What do you like best?

Bomgar as I am sure others will say is by far the best remote support tool I have ever used. Even with users who are "challenged" to do something outside their normal day to day can easily visit our portal page or click on the help button on their desktop. This tool had saved me so many steps I could not count them all. I am a support team of one and this allows me to literally be in more than one place at a time. If I have to be in a location I take the ipad along to keep sessions going and the work moving! I love this product and would suggest it to anyone. I hate to suggest a key feature as I think the entire package is what makes Bomgar so good. I have found that Bomgar's limits are only the ones you set for it. You can use it in so many way you haven't dreamed of yet!

What do you dislike?

One of the only dislikes I have is IOS control but that is not a Bomgar issue it is an Apple issue. Now we have some workarounds for even that though and I am sure being Apple is a Bomgar client they may get over this hurdle before anyone else does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get a trial and play with it you will be glad you did. also talk to someone who has had it a while and ask questions!

Staffing is a big issue anywhere these days. As I mentioned I am "IT". I have to be in three places at once most of my day and with out this tool I would always be lost.

Bomgar review by Tony L.
Tony L.

"Best Remote Support Software"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is very simple to use on the front-end. Outside of the configuration on the appliance, I have yet to try any other software that does a better job at remote managing client PCs. Having a user click on a link and opening the portal is fairly straightforward, and once I am logged in I can get to work. Also, I can send users a direct link to a support session if I wish.

What do you dislike?

There are some quirks when new operating systems are released. Usually with Windows dealing with User Account Control. Also, there are times where I experience random disconnects or can't get back into a client PC after a reboot. Sometimes the software can be a little clunky, but a lot of that depends on how fast your internet connection is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trying out the product is a must. I feel that even though we use an on-site appliance, it still is probably one of the most reliable systems out there for remote support. I have tried competitors and I keep going back to Bomgar.

Bomgar has helped us reduce the amount of windshield time and travel costs to our remote locations where end users are. We also can pin rarely-used but always on machines to a list for easy access. Being able to just jump into a PC within our network on a whim has made my life substantially easier, because it keeps me from being on the phone a lot as well.

Bomgar review by William S.
William S.

"BOMGAR is a time saver"

What do you like best?

The ability for our techs and myself to try and troubleshoot something in our remote offices without driving there for every little issue.

The Bomgar button! A desktop icon that takes users directly to the help queue so an IT member can help them.

Jump Clients: if installed allows IT to remote into any PC without user interaction.

Having different levels of IT users for the representative console.

Having Personal queues to help users as well as a general. (you can actually give your user a button that will go directly to a certain member of IT)

What do you dislike?

Setting up the console settings is very lengthy due to all the options. I feel like they could be grouped better somehow, although i wouldn't really want to give up the granularity it offers

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you currently don't have remote support in place this is the ticket. There are so many great features like desktop buttons that take users directly into the help queue, or jump clients that allow admins to take control of any machine a jump client is installed on..

We are saving lots of time by trying to help a user right from our desk before we drive out to their site. Having the ability to switch user and stay connected is also a great feature that lets us perform admin tasks.

We are also using this to have clients show us what they are seeing without having to be at their desk.

Bomgar review by Kendall P.
Kendall P.

"Remote support that works and is easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ability see the status of and quickly remote all devices that have the jump client loaded. Also love the ability to have any web attached device to active a remote session via our support web site.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I really dislike about the application. The application, support, sales, rewards program are all top notch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used many different remote control products over the years and Bomgar Remote Support is by far the best application and company to deal with that I have experienced.

Bomgar Remote Support has drastically reduced the number of trips that is required to or remote location and provided our IT help desk with a tool that saves lots of time when assisting users.

Bomgar review by Lew P.
Lew P.

"Bomgar is a life saver"

What do you like best?

The ability to support our internal and external users and our servers from anywhere. Bomgar is easy to use from a IT support standard and our users find it simple to connect their devices to the site for support. We can support Surface tablets or Samsung phones with ease and solve problems quickly without requiring remote users to come to the office.

What do you dislike?

There are some functions I would prefer to see, but there is nothing I dislike and Bomgar listens to its users and continues to improve the product.

Remote user support is the biggest one, we also can pin our servers in Bomgar and access them remotely and securely. We can then fix issues without having to come into the office at 3AM.

Bomgar review by Ion S.
Ion S.

"Could be improved"

What do you like best?

It seems secure so that's good. Can send the link via email to the user. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to use it. Actually, I had very few user not able to quickly find the download and run in a couple of seconds.

What do you dislike?

You have to use IE to use it and if java has to be reinstalled then you're in big trouble as you need java to be connected. The user has to click through a ton of confirmations and if you need admin rights on the computer, double that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try both Dameware and Bomgar and see which one works best for you

Securely have access to user's computers

Bomgar review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"Top notch remote desktop/help desk software"

What do you like best?

Reporting and administration are far better than TeamViewer or SolarWinds. The new web console is handy when using Chromebooks for support, however the client side of supporting Chromebooks leaves some room for improvement. The flexibility of the Virtual Appliance vs the appliance has been a positive benefit since we upgraded.

What do you dislike?

The new click to chat feature seems like a step backward for most cases as you need to install the full customer client to do anything other than chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While not the cheapest option, the quality of the software makes up for the higher price.

We provide remote support via telephone when possible to minimize on-site visits. Jump clients allow us easier access to clients that need additional support without having to go through VPNs.

Bomgar review by Devan C.
Devan C.

"Bomgar and Drop the Mic!"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is an amazing IT remote tool. It is way better than any tool that we have tested and used at our service desk. We can remote to any computer and support them in ways other tools cannot such as full control of the computer, access to system information, lists of programs and updates installed, and much more.

What do you dislike?

It helps us with computers on or off our network whether they are domain connected or not. We don't like it, we love it!

Bomgar has changed the way our Service Desk supports our company. You should try it out and see what it can do for you and your company.

Bomgar review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Helpful with supporting users and integrates with other software"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with our Ghost Solutions Suite software, and NodeName scheme. It works well upon reboot, auto-reconnects. It has very little latency, and it works pretty well with network bandwidth. because we implelemt a node name scheme, that includes campus code, building code, department code, a unique asset tag number and the type of computer it is (Mac, PC, Linux, virtual, etc) it is easy to communicate with the customer to get these type of information to remote control their PC/Mac/etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the message box function does not have many functions. I wish there was the ability to transfer files, especially for when we use this to remote desktop connect with our test machines. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to send images, files, etc. There is a chat box, but it is very limited, only being able to send text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use additional management tools its great! I have not looked into the pricing scheme, I do just wish that I could use it for personal support, but it is very "industrial" and not for home use. If you want to use it for home use, it might be very difficult to implement.

Helping to get actual screenshots, helping users complete tasks. It easily connects our two campuses, and allows someone at CSB to help someone at SJU because the computers are all linked together and use the same systems.

Bomgar review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Best Remote Support tool I've used"

What do you like best?

The sheer number of useful features is amazing. Having unattended remote support access to > 1000 of our customers' servers and PCs, with access permission restricted by team has saved untold hours. The session recordings have saved our bacon on a number of occasions, whether it be for liability purposes, just checking a product key that maybe got documented incorrectly, to reviewing a tech's interaction with customers for coaching, etc.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue our company has with Bomgar is it's price tag. We already have remote support built into our network monitoring system but Bomgar is so much better we are still willing to pay for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is truly a great product if you can afford it.

Higher customer satisfaction and increased productivity are the number one benefits. It significantly increases the security for our customers as well - our rep console requires a 2FA login, and we can restrict access privilege by team or individually. It has been a good sales tool for us to be able to tell our customers that all of our work is recorded as well.

Bomgar review by Pam T.
Pam T.

"Bomgar is great for hand's on support"

What do you like best?

What I list best about Bomgar is the fact that I can see and experience the issue being reported by the end-user and have hands-on capabilities to help resolve an issue.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is a little cumbersome with the product is that Bomgar continue to polls the user about being logged in, which sometimes pops up when performing other application duties that can get in the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful remote support tool

Bomgar has helped several IT departments across the university campus to assist our faculty, staff & students at a more quickly, especially when the description of the issue would require the technician to view the problem being reported at the time.

Bomgar review by Logan Y.
Logan Y.

"East basic Remote support tool"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is easy to use. I never used any of the others because they were more complicated. It is easier connect without sending a request just having them navigate to our site.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes multiple steps to get approved to fully control the users computer. This is probably because of their security settings but its annoying. Would be great if they could just approve once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the extra for the landing pages and customization. Its really a deal breaker and makes it way easier then reading out codes or hoping to email a link to your users.

We are better able to support our remote users. We are also able to remote into mobile devices which we could not do before.

Bomgar review by Ed A.
Ed A.

"Easy to use, easy to connect"

What do you like best?

This program allows IT to easily take control of a user's computer remotely to help troubleshoot issues. Users are asked for their permission to transfer control for each session, and the program will pop up with an IM/dialog box for the IT support and the user to communicate in real time as troubleshooting occurs. The user typically will see a little icon in the upper right corner of their screen to show when someone else has control of their computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it has a little trouble when the user and the IT person have multiple screens, but this is easily avoided if the user simply moves the necessary windows to their main screen for the IT support. IT support is able to see both screens if that is too difficult.

As a large business with many of our IT staff in headquarters across state lines, this has solved the need to have local IT support except for emergencies. IT staff can connect in seconds and be able to fix issues that usually would require an in-person visit.

Bomgar review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Bomgar - How did we make it without you?"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Bomgar is constantly evolving and improving their product to fit the many needs of those who use it. They are also very open to ideas from their customers and should something need attention, their support is top notch. Security is one of the biggest features Bomgar has to offer. They are leaps and bounds above the competition. That goes a long way with our end users who are already concerned with remote access. Bomgar makes us look good and secure. That means a lot in today's ever-changing world of technology.

What do you dislike?

Pricey but you get what you pay for and that makes it worth every penny.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While their may be cheaper or even free options when it comes to remote managment, look at Bomgar as a way to not only do more but with the security involved, you have the added benefit of reassuring your end users information will not be compromised. You also have a video and chat history in the event you need to re-visit a remote session. Bomgar is more than remote sessions. It's how we do business.

We are able to resolve end user issues, train on new software, do standard computer maintenance and being an on-tap resource for end user questions. We have realized this is the end all solution for allowing outside vendors access, administrator control over servers, chat relay for student helpdesk and support,

Bomgar review by Shannon M.
Shannon M.

"Good remote support software especially for out of office staff"

What do you like best?

We use this software for our tech support and it is a really great way for us to give the IT staff access to each computer to assist when a problem occurs. This system is very easy to use and very helpful for our out of office employees to use. I really like this program.

What do you dislike?

To date I have not had any issues with the software and really have no complaints or dislikes at this point. If I had one thing to mention, it would be that the program can sometimes have a glitch which causes the user to shut down the program and sign in again. Over all this is the only issue that I have experienced in my use of Bomgar Remote Support program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program if you are looking for an easy to use remote support system that will allow outside employs or staff to remotely access in-office computers. This is particularly helpful for IT and customer service use.

The benefits that we have seen with this software is ease of access for technical support which greatly helps us as our IT staff works outside of the office. They are able to do tech support remotely to help with any issues we might be experiencing. Many of our employees work outside of the office doing sales, so this program also comes in handy for accessing laptops and other devices to run support when needed.

Bomgar review by Anna d.
Anna d.

"Astonishing Remote Support Software"

What do you like best?

Everything it has raise the bar on other Remote Support Software... be far the best one that I have ever used. Multi platform support, easy access to get the help needed, easy to run, and all in one tools in order to diagnose/troubleshoot/fix issues. All the tools are at the tip of your keyboard.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike to the contrary the more use it the more I love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

End users love the support provided from you via Bomgar.... they show you what is wrong alleviating the frustration of describing the issue which gives you a great advantage for a great support towards your customer... also increases the confidence of privacy because they can also see everything that you are doing inorder to fix the issue and in case their credential or login is needed they can you provide that. ONE POINT OF SERVICE

In the representative side all in one tools you have different option not only the diagnose/troubleshoot/repair also back up information, transfer tools from desktop to desktop, run as options, save credentials in case you need to restart and customer is not available to log back in, feedback form the end user, documentation via video and or scripts of the work performed. LOVE BOMGAR .

From Basic like set up a printer or home page or updates.... to advanced virus infections, data recovery, and much more. Virtual environment troubleshooting and solving, Board meeting assistance with presentation mode far the best.

Bomgar review by Meghan C.
Meghan C.

"Awesome Remote Software"

What do you like best?

My company has used many different remote softwares in the past year and this has been the one we've ultimately switched over to. Bomgar has all the best features of the other options in one. I like the ease of getting people onto Bomgar, especially those who are less technically skilled. I love the "jump client" option to get onto someone's computer without them needing to get us on. That's been a lifesaver for our technicians and something the other remote software systems didn't offer.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about it. For my company, we have a number of licenses that anyone can login to use. The thing I dislike is the general queue of remotes once logged in. I'm never really sure where those come from or who is using them but overall, Bomgar is fantastic.

We have been able to successfully implement, train, and continue to support all our clients using remote software and Bomgar has been our primary tool in doing that. Every representative in our Client Success department uses Bomgar multiple times a day and has found ease in using this software over others. It was very easy to implement with our reps when we made the change from the different softwares we were trying.

Bomgar review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Amazing support tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to support users inside and outside our network. We have employees that work from home or travel overseas and still need support. We no longer have to force them download a program like GoToMeeting or instruct them to connect to the VPN. We can now just use Bomgar, by sending them an email or a Session Key.

What do you dislike?

The screen area is smaller than RDP, but that is because there is the chat window along with all the available tools. The small screen area would be my only complaint, but the functionality makes it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should probably stop using whatever you're using and start using Bomgar.

We are able to solve all sorts or problems. As long as there is an Internet connection we can take a look at whatever issue they are having and help them solve it. We can help them connect to the domain, figure out an email issue or restart their computer for them. This tool helps us be able to give support to many more employees.

Bomgar review by Alan G.
Alan G.

"It's not Marmite (everyone loves it)"

What do you like best?

I love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts.

I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered.

The session reporting is very useful for recording complex issues and can be used for training.

One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!

What do you dislike?

Well, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like.

It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, you will be more impressed with the support provided before AND after you've bought it.

Bomgar is an excellent tool to help solve day-to-day computer issues remotely reducing the need for desk side visits...

Bomgar review by Cam P.
Cam P.

"Bomgar - One of our best purchase decisions"

What do you like best?

Bomgar gives support professionals unequaled control of endpoint devices. Works with desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones. So easy to use, even the most basic end user can connect and get assistance.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see is the ability to hear the audio from the endpoint device. This would greatly help in troubleshooting remote meetings and sound card issues.

With limited personnel and a wide geographic area to cover, Bomgar has enabled us to increase our response time on issues, which greatly increases our employees productivity. It also reduced our travel expenses by at least 50%.

Bomgar review by Jason A. T.
Jason A. T.

"Fantastic product with an incredible feature set and great support!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the Jump Client functionality and Mobile Rep Console - I can support any of my systems from anywhere as long as there's an Internet connection. Their most recent release added an HTML5 web console as well, so now I don't even need the full client software!

What do you dislike?

Really not that much - per-agent pricing is a bit high for my tastes, but they use concurrent licensing instead of per-seat licensing so it takes some of the sting off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to offer responsive remote support, look no further. This system does it all, plus some.

Quick and easy remote access and management - I can get to any of my systems from anywhere. One of the biggest benefits we've had is that our speed-of-support has skyrocketed. We can generally be on a user's system in seconds after the call starts, see exactly what they're seeing on the screen and/or walk them through a question or fix, and have them back to work in minutes. No more onsite visits or appointments to fix issues, we're real-time now.

Bomgar review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Best Remote Software ever"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use is amazing. A toddler could figure out how to use it

Features Galore- I can do almost anything with this software remotely. Administration and even unattended access

SECURITY! - its all secure. It is the most secure solution I have found.

Concurrent licensing. I dont need a license per seat as users log in to connect for support or remote access and then log off. 50 licenses can really take care of about 200+people if used properly. You can also set access limits which make licencing a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Frequency of updates - This makes it hard to keep up to date and have new features when I have to update so frequently. Other than that there really isn't much I dislike.

Helpdesk support is now universalized. It is inexpensive as well, per tech.

Secure remote access - we have had a problem with shadow IT and this resolves a major problem for remote support. VNC is not secure and Daemware isn't either. Having a solution that is on prem and encrypted makes life so much easier. MFA or SSO really add to the security. You can also get a FIPS certified appliance.

Bomgar review by Travis S.
Travis S.

"Bomgar Review"

What do you like best?

The convenience of having a remote system that is easily accessed on the fly if need be. Even if I'm away on a trip, I can always find a PC if needed, and in a matter of minutes have a full Bomgar experience that I can use to jump into my PC at home or at the office. Also simple to use interface. I can easily connect to a users PC or a site's server in a matter of seconds. At times I'm needing to check IP information or see if any routes are in place on the PC's admin network to configure certain applications. While checking other users information, I'm able to use the command shell on the back end to get the information I'm looking for without interrupting their work which is a huge convenience.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how quick the timeout's are. During certain large file transfers or virus scans, I will have a process running, step away for lunch, come back and I've lost my session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for ease of use and top notch security for business and clients.

We solve various day to day trouble shooting on work place PCs. Anything from setting up business applications, to troubleshooting errors and removing malware. I have seen that from a business stand point, our users enjoy being able to get a quick 30 minute remote session with us to resolve an issue rather than sending out an on-site technician that will charge them $70+ an hour.

Bomgar review by John R.
John R.

"Simplicity at it's finest."

What do you like best?

The user interface is easily my favorite thing about this client. It is complexity, simplified.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to conjure anything I dislike about this client. If there was anything I could improve it would be the seldom disconnections I have experienced over the few years i have used this client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give Bomgar the opportunity to win you over. No other remote client comes remotely close to the benefits Bomgar offers. This is the End all-Be all client. On a day to day basis, my job relies heavily on a remote client that will work 100% of the time without hiccup and our company chose Bomgar. To this day Bomgar continues to rise to the occasion and provide uncanny remote support. I could not imagine what i would do without it. I have tried several different clients such as Join.me, Teamviewer, gotomeeting, Log me in, and nothing, simply nothing compares. Give Bomgar a try, you will not be disappointed.

I work with clients directly and connect to their machines to address issues they experience. The benefits of this client are endless. A user-friendly interface simplifies my job.

Bomgar review by Crystal P.
Crystal P.

"Bomgar is a time saver"

What do you like best?

when we are troubleshooting program issues, I can get in and get out, so to speak. when using for daily use, I use the unattended jump client to keep up with system updates and other maintenance. Best Remote support tool available. There is so much you can do.

What do you dislike?

So what I don't like is, that for our small organization, the tool is a bit clunky. Meaning that there are so many more features hidden deep in the settings, that we will never use. Or can't figure out since we haven't had a need 'yet'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the only support tool you need! this product offers many options if you need them and you can ask for new features through their support website.

Day to day program issues for a proprietary patient data collection system. The largest benefit of Bomgar is that you can view the screen as the user works to aid in identifying the issues. You can take control when needed to collect information and you don't have to worry about talking the end user through how to get to a location and find info.

Administrator in Higher Education

"You're calling in from where???"

What do you like best?

It is great to be able to share desktops with a user who is having problems with their laptop or computer offsite. It doesn't even have to be a computer owned by our company.

What do you dislike?

Not Bomgar's problem, but because so many users use high def monitors, when it translates over to our remote session, sometimes it's hard to click the mouse in exactly the right place. It's also hard to set up our equipment to allow an administrator password (our users do not have admin rights).

Recommendations to others considering the product

if there is software installation/removal/etc, and your user doesn't have admin rights, there is a lot of work on the front end to get it working to not blank the screen when it asks for an admin password. For typical desktop support, it's great

remote access to users offsite to help resolve computer problems

Bomgar review by Tracy R.
Tracy R.

"Bomgar is the best support tool we have ever used! It's simple and easy for our users."

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and ease of use to support our staff worldwide. It is the simplest and most comprehensive support tool our IT Department has ever used.

What do you dislike?

The ability to control IOS devices but this is not a bomgar issue it is an apple issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider Bomgar. They have not had any issues with breached passwords like TeamViewer and Join.me.

Our biggest problem was supporting our traveling staff with small support windows to help them fix their problems on their pc's, mac's, and ipads. Bomgar let's us do it quickly and efficiently.

Bomgar review by Shauna S.
Shauna S.

"Bomgar: The Go-to Product for Troubleshooting!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love working with this product! It allows IT to access major areas of my system and effectively troubleshoot and remedy situations that arise in a quick and efficient manner! Absolutely LOVE Bomgar!

I have had serious system issues and without the connectivity and access that Bomagr provides, my problems could have been much worse. IT from a few different companies I have worked with have all used Bomgar as a way to remedy those problems that arise that also require quick access to our computers as well as instant access and control of our desktop or other programs. This is an amazing product and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a top grade program!

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have ever run into with Bomgar is sometimes it can take forever to load. I am unsure if it was the system or programs running in the background, but this is the only issue I have ever had with Bomgar.

Bomgar is amazing at allowing problems such as packet loss, and other items that may be causing issues in a virtual workplace. Working from home, we have many issues that may arise such as VPN issues, packet loss, etc... Bomgar allows other programs to run in the background while also running the program itself. I have had ping tests and other tests run in the background and Bomgar does not bat an eye!

Bomgar review by William B.
William B.

"Bomgar Remote Review"

What do you like best?

It's really hard to pick out a favorite feature of Bomgar. There are so many that I like, from being able to use canned scripts to being able to transfer files and view system information in the background, it is really a very nice system.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I dislike is pretty much an institutional issue, there is a 15 minute no use time out, it can be irritating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Bomgar to anyone needing it for remote support of user machines.

We use it for everyday desktop support issues, so fairly standard trouble shooting.

It enables me to do almost whatever I need to to the machine without me having to make the, in most cases 15 minute trip to the user's computer.

Bomgar review by Juan F.
Juan F.

"Awesome Remote support software."

What do you like best?

I like that I can save the customer computer for pending fixes and tag them for knowing what customer it belongs to.

Also the fact that i can transfer files and terminate services, see most specs of computer.

What do you dislike?

I actually dont dislike anything. It has everything I need to do my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont bother with other software when this one can do most of what you need for business.

I remote into customers computers and try to resolve our program problems. The benefits are that the customer grants us access and they can disconnect anytime they dont feel comfortable.

Bomgar review by Steve M.
Steve M.

"Very good remote support tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's very secure and reliable. Sessions are easy to start and I like the fact they are logged. This makes for a HIPAA compliant solution, which we need.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the licenses can be a bit on the prohibitive side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that Bomgar would have all the functionality you need but compare that list of requirements with other solutions that may be cheaper. Don't forget that Bomgar has very good technical support as well.

HIPAA compliance, integration with our Helpdesk software system. Session logging.

Bomgar review by Nathan W.
Nathan W.

"Bomgar - Best Remote Tool Available"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the product. Even if you've never used it before for remote support, it is very intuitive and you can figure it our very easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I don't have a chat schedule where I can input hours of chat availability.

We are able to reset passwords, install software, update drivers, and many other computer support tasks for our many customers. Bomgar allows us to resolve tickets faster because we no longer have to do site visits for problems that can be resolved remotely.

Bomgar review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"Bomgar. You need this appliance"

What do you like best?

Ive been using Bomgar for 10 plus years. I am always an early adopter of the latest and greatest versions. I tell everyone about it. Bomgar is my # tool I use for my day to day needs

What do you dislike?

I like it all, except Id like to transfer files from one server to another without saving to my local client first

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar is the Rolls Royce of remote support. I have never used a tool so easy and secure. If you are shopping around for remote support, stop here. Bomgar is the one for you.

I am connected to Bomgar on a daily basis. I use it to support my servers and clients. I also have a team that uses it. We have IT personnel in NH, RI, MA, and Chicago

Bomgar review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Using Bomgar"

What do you like best?

This allows me to provide IT support to our callers -- it is fairly straight forward. It also was able to allow us a chat box so we did not have to continue to be on the phone with the individual and allowed a restriction of privileges unless otherwise asked. For what we used it for, it seemed secure.

What do you dislike?

We can only use up to 3 remote sessions at one time -- it is also difficult to learn from the manual given, it takes time to learn where everything is and what everything means. These difficulties can be solved with time using and a good trainer. The best way to learn is to use it hands on versus read a manual about how to use. But otherwise, it had all the basic functions i needed. . although it might be nice if the program had more instructions on how to help a caller as it was difficult at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a new user it is hard to learn where everything is and how to use everything. I found that the manual was most difficult to read from and understand and it was better to learn by someone teaching you hands on experience. Otherwise for the purpose we used it for it was useful and beneficial for our team. There were minor technical difficulties we could fix ourselves and had quick responses from the Bomgar support.

For pricing - I am unsure how much the company spent on this.

We are utilizing it to solve IT problems remotely for students, staff, and faculty of my institution. This helps the individual receive the tech support they need in the most convenient matter possible. It lowers foot traffic in our offices and allows all techs to work on multiple projects at one time.

Bomgar review by Corbett E.
Corbett E.

"Enterprise support via remote control with ease"

What do you like best?

The best features for remote support is the "directory" listing of all your computers that have the jump client loaded (online and offline computers). Also you can support people on personal computers via the web interface portal without the need for the agent software to be preinstalled.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could grab a larger "screen shot" of any client connected without engaging the support session. Some times we need to remotely support a computer but don't want to disrupt an active user. The administrator console will show a very small thumbnail view of their screen, I wish I could get a bigger one by clicking but can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The directory of computers in additional to the web portal make this a perfect solution.

Supporting geographically dispersed user base.

Bomgar review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"1k% better than pcA"

What do you like best?

We're just about wrapping up our first year with Bomgar and I must say it's an amazing product, especially after coming from pcAnywhere. I've been able to easily integrate Bomgar remote control links into our 2 deployment tools so techs can simply right click on a computer and select remote control with Bomgar and it instantly starts a remote control session. We've also been able to replace our use of Teamviewer for controlling external pc's as well saving us money and only needing one tool for remote control.

The additional features are just icing on the cake. I can remote registry, command prompt, process, etc... all from one tool.

What do you dislike?

Price is more expensive than what we were paying for our other solutions.

Local and remote remote control.

Bomgar review by Martine Y.
Martine Y.

"great application for remote help for all types of users"

What do you like best?

I can send a link via email to anyone worldwide to access their machine, company or privately owned. There is a way you can create a shortcut to be placed on someones desktop. So all they have to do is click the shortcut to activate the session with you. Very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when they have multiple monitors, it makes it hard to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the chat tool, it is fantastic for folks who can't get to a phone.

When someone can't use the vpn connection we can easily remote in and troubleshoot.

Bomgar review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Bomgar -- all about Money -- no longer competitive"

What do you like best?

Some branding; easy to use; appliance based.

What do you dislike?

yearly maintenance cost; not being upfront on whether they will charge you surcharge on using CC or not (they simply say, they will charge if applicable, even at the "Submit" button); not giving any valuable discount to loyal customers; expensive additional licenses (and the yearly maintence cost for those licenses.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been their customer for 14 years and are now thinking of using a different remote solution. No longer competitive; they charge 4% uplift each year -- their yearly maintenance cost keeps going up. When paying maintenance, they tell customers that they will be charged 3% if allowed by law. They do not let the customers know if the state they are in doesn't allow merchants to impose surcharge. Customers who do not know the law obviously would get discouraged from using their CC. This obviously would benefit the merchant. Done on purpose I would say, because it is very easy to let the customer know if surcharge will be added, based on customer's state. No other major company we have come across discourages customers from using a credit card. Also, if you add additional licenses, they would charge you maintenance fee on those licenses as well. Cost can quickly add up. A second license would help our business, but not at the money they want to charge for second license + yearly maintenance cost on that license.

helping customers

Bomgar review by Logan Y.
Logan Y.

"Great easy to use remote tool "

What do you like best?

I like that we don't need a code or special link to connect with our users. We are able to have them just click on the analysts name.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to access task manager from our side as well as up time and system information

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use an evaluation version to be sure you have the features you need. We sacrificed some for a better product with better usability.

We are now able to also assist remotely for mobile devices which was could not before.

Bomgar review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Top of the Class Remote Software"

What do you like best?

Plenty of tools and options, constantly getting new features. Just a solid product.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting was better, It would be nice to get some dashboards to be able to report on analysts

Reporting is just basic data from sessions. Usable but additional options would be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, Pricey, but a solid product.

98% of our IT support is remote, so we leverage this product for every ticket logged. We would not be able to be as successful if we did not have this product.

Bomgar review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Remote access for the win!"

What do you like best?

Over the years we have used many different remote access tools and BOMGAR is the last tool we will ever buy. If you can afford getting into a B200, you wont regret it. This product offers robust sessions that keep live through quite a bit of various issues that would know off lesser agents, as well as keeping live AFTER a reboot. We love that it was easy to set-up as well as manage day-to-day. This solution allows us to also support cross platform including from Mac OS and from Linux (I used UBUNTU). we an separate out clients and queues from certain users as well as utilize canned scripts and chat.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the barrier to entry was less. This system can set you back a bit. We also wish that this would offer a html 5 in browser client so reps could support people from a borrowed computer. It's a niche request I know, but then any computer can be a support computer!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the demo, it's worth it. Also, not sure if they are still doing it, but if you are a DELL KACE K1000 user we received two free licenses, we purchased the appliance but saved on the 2 seats (this saved us something like $2500)

Remote Access to Servers

Remote Access to Workstations

Remote support

Bomgar review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"One of the Few Products That Just Works"

What do you like best?

Rocksolid platform that does what it advertises, and does it well.

We use the product almost evenly between installed remote clients and ad hoc support sessions. Bomgar has continuously refined the web interface to make the ad hoc support experience a quick and easy process. Typically our ad hoc users are very non-technical and they can very easily download and start a support session on their browser of choice.

The Bomgar agent works well over lower bandwidth connections, and can automatically adjust the administrator experience (high color, black and white) depending on the end user connection speed.

Multiplatform support for both remote endpoints and the administrative console is done extremely well. Major updates are typically release twice per year (easily installed through the appliance HTTP GUI), and typically include new features that continue to differentiate the product. Once the initial configuration of the appliance is done, there is very little care needed to run the platform.

What do you dislike?

System upgrades require the upgrade of the endpoint remote agent. This can sometimes cause issues if a client is offnet for an extended period time, and then needs assistance. The client must be update for the remote agent support to be available. Typically this process occurs quickly, but can start a support session of on a shaky start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Licensing is based on concurrent users. We have been able to successfully use 3 licenses amongst 6 IT workers through the use of the administrative console's activity timeouts. Review and understand your support process before attempting to purchase 1:1 licensing.

Remotely supporting both our internal company endpoints, as well individuals that are external to our company.

We can very easily remotely support a distribute internal company workforce. Approximately 30% of our workforce works from home offices. The remote support experience from an administrator standpoint is the same whether the endpoint is in our offices, or at coffee shop.

Bomgar review by Colin A.
Colin A.

"Bomgar Rocks!"

What do you like best?

Our Bomgar B200 system has helped us build a strong reputation for remote IT support for our Students and Staff at Otago Polytechnic.

We use it to help remove barriers to learning that would otherwise prevent our Students complete their studies on time, and put their academic achievement in jeopardy.

Bomgar is more than remote screen sharing - it has an extensive tool set that allows analysts to gather information about the Customers computer (such as OS, OS version, Disk space, installed app's, event logs). We don't need to ask the Customer difficult technical questions, instead we can engage in conversation and find out if other academic support might be needed, to further assist our Student Customers in their studies.

Bomgar is fantastic, and we would be lost without it.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about our Bomgar system.

It is dependable and I can use anywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a secure product that you can rely on

We help our Students with IT issues that would otherwise impact on a successful outcome of their studies, both locally, within New Zealand, and around the world.

We have helped Staff with IT issues when they have been travelling overseas

Our benefits are increased productivity, reduce travel costs, more responsive IT support

Bomgar review by Greg M.
Greg M.

"Why you need Bomgar"

What do you like best?

Bomgar isn't your average IT remote tool. It goes above and beyond any tool that we have tested and used at our help desk. We have the ability to remote to any computer (in or outside our network) and support them in ways other tools cannot such as full control of the users computer, full access to system information, lists of programs and updates installed, and much more. This may sound like other tools you have or tested but it's the ease of use that I appreciate. All things mentioned are literally within 3 clicks away.

What do you dislike?

The one complaint I have is that once you hit the programmed time limit for inactivity it logs you off. However before it does that it takes focus from anything you were doing to alert you. This is annoying since it interrupts your work but the small pop-up message isn't a reason to not get this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

This product has changed the way our team supports our company. The only thing I can tell you is to try it out and see what it can do for you.

Bomgar review by User in Information Technology and Services

"EASE"

What do you like best?

I love that Bomgar give you the flexibility to work from pretty much anywhere on almost any device whether it be a computer or mobile device.

What do you dislike?

As someone else had stated, the time-out. During projects we have to transfer files and at times when you have a large file and the locations bandwidth is not up to par it times you out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think you have it good with the product your using today. Wait till you switch to Bomgar. You will see the change in your staffs production and how much work can be pushed out.

We are an IT company that solves all sorts of IT issues. We've realized, the ability to work on numerous end users issues at the same time or at least monitor what we are doing. It's been great. I don't see another competitor coming close to what we've been able to do with Bomgar.

Bomgar review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Bomgar is the Best Remote Access Solution"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is a tool that I have used for half a decade now. I also have had to use TeamViewer, Jabber, and LogMeIn quite a bit. Having used all these softwares frequently and in depth, I have to say that Bomgar takes the cake tenfold. For countless reasons, it is the best solution for remote troubleshooting, security, and innovation in support for your company. I can only hope our company never makes a poor decision and switches to any other software.

What do you dislike?

I'm going to fill this 40 character minimum letting you know I do not dislike Bomgar at all. It is excellent!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

We are managing servers, end user computing, and monitoring security. We are able to quickly and efficiently provide IT technical support to our clients for a great distance. We have written company standard PowerShell scripts and applied them directly through Command Shell in Bomgar, which is just wonderful.

Bomgar review by Austin H.
Austin H.

"Best remote support solution on the market"

What do you like best?

Bomgar has it all and does what other remote support tools fail to do.

What do you dislike?

When remoted in to a server or computer there is no local IP listed in the session info window, it only lists the public IP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its better than gotomeeting and teamviewer.

I support networks and computers for over 1000 hospitality companies and I can always rely on bomgar to quickly get me in to a server or a clients computer to troubleshoot the issues effectively. If a computer or server is down I can see when it went offline and gather public IP and other info on that device to help me troubleshoot the issue.

Bomgar review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Excellent remote support tool."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can pin devices and create and organize it this way you don't need to type IP address or name or the computer or server you just need to double click on it. the option to invite other representatives to join your session or share your session with other support teams out of your company by creating a session key or a url link. Also you can see who if other members of your company are logged in. you can sen messages to the remote computer you're connected with this way you have communication with the user. I like that you can transfer files especially when your are working with someone out of your company network and the system info tab is very helpful

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. maybe just the fact that if you're working out of your company network you have to go through extra steps to log in. other think that can improve is the option to block the user to take control of the compute when you are working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for remote access.

To connect remotely to any computer. you save time since you don't have to move around offices. you can do everything from your own office even from home, as long as you have internet access you can log in from anywhere. easy way to connect and friendly for remote user.

Bomgar review by Administrator

"Secure remote hands tool with a lot of options"

What do you like best?

Secure remote hands tool that is platform agnostic. Simple to use from the HelpDesk and Desktop side. Easy to deploy and get buy in from the end users who need support.

What do you dislike?

Configuration is a little tough but the support team will get you through it. There are a lot of choices in the system that need to be made before go live that sometimes aren't possible before using the system for a little bit of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need security and multi OS support this is the tool for you.

Remote hands support for Helpdesk and Desktop Support for multiple OS platforms.

Bomgar review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"What a time saver"

What do you like best?

The ability to get remote access to a internet attached device that has no client loaded by just directing the user to a web site and click and run. Also the ability to access my remote control capabilities from a device that does not have the Rep Console loaded by logging into my account via web access.

What do you dislike?

What is there to dislike. It is a great product with a great group of people supporting it.

Being a cellular provider and having a product that we can gain access to our customers devices when they need support has been a great help.

Bomgar review by Shelli W.
Shelli W.

"Bomgar is a great Remote Desktop tool"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is a great Remote Desktop tool. As a tech support rep, the tool allows for easy toggling between multiple monitors, control of machine while keeping security in mind, and fairly easy to implement on the end user's machine.

When prompted to run something as administrator or access items such as the registry, Bomgar will not allow the tech accept these changes and they must be done by the end user. I appreciate the concern for the end user's security.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was even easier to implement on an end user's machine, but that is a slight wish. The program is rather resource heavy as well, and that can cause confusion when the program uninstalls itself for end users.

We need remote access to end user's machines to conveniently address user questions and unexpected behaviors.

Bomgar review by User

"It's brilliant!"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can record the sessions is a really good idea and it works on many different platforms too

What do you dislike?

Transferring files can sometimes be a little tricky.It would make the remote desktop connectivity a little easier. Otherwise, it's a great product and fits in with our everyday support and makes life a lot easier

Remote support to thousands of students that are across 6 sites. We don't have the staff to be everywhere when users are experiencing Desktop issues.This in turn solves the issue straight away rather than having to visit site which takes time and reduces cost too!

Bomgar review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Bomgar for remote support"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy way to connect. I like that it disconnects users after an inactivity period. Other remote support tools I've used keep people logged in until they log out, resulting in people holding onto licenses resulting in no free licenses. I've never had that issue with Bomgar.

What do you dislike?

The multiscreen display is a little awkward at times.

We are solving remote support issues and presentation issues. You can easily share your screen with someone or have someone else's screen shared with you. You are also able to pin connection allowing remote logins when the user is not there in front of the computer.

Bomgar review by Steve M.
Steve M.

"Secure, feature-packed remote control"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I suppose the main thing that I dislike is the cost per license. With an organization as big as ours, Bomgar licensing can be quite costly.

We meet HIPAA requirements using Bomgar Remote Support. Bomgar sessions are very secure which satisfies our IT security guidelines.

Bomgar review by Lee P.
Lee P.

"Loving our personalized landing page."

What do you like best?

Personalized landing pages. No codes to give to users. Dual screens easy to navigate with no need for scrolling.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connecting to our servers is a little slow. But this might be more of an us thing then the software.

We are better able to connect with our customers and do not need to send links or long codes to connect as we did with previous software.

Bomgar review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Use Bomgar all the time "

What do you like best?

I use the admin functions to watch my team and make sure they are doing what they should be while at work.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could zoom in on a screen when I'm in dual monitor veiw without having to select a side in single monitor view,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software for a support team to have as a resource! Use this in our office bu every support rep multi times a day. Client side is easy to connect just through an IP address or a website with just a few clicks.

We work in a Tech call center so we have to Bomgar into multi client's machines throughout the day to visually walk them through problem solving and or see some errors of recreate issues on their side using their database and install instance.

Bomgar review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Makes Dealing with IT Issues So Much Easier!"

What do you like best?

As many office workers do, since most of us are using several different applications simultaneously throughout the day, I find myself on the phone with our IT Help Desk probably once a week. Being able to grab a quick Session Key from the agent and have them remote into my machine so I can show them the exact issue (vs. trying to explain with my comparatively limited tech knowledge) is so convenient!

What do you dislike?

In some ways, the program doesn't seem terribly innovative. For example, I wish the chat feature was a little easier to access while my screen is being controlled. There have been several times the agent was somewhere in my machine fixing something and I've wanted to be able to type them a message. However, I would be taking the mouse and keyboard away from them in order to do that. I wonder if there might be a way to split controls so that the user can use their mouse and keyboard separately from what the IT rep is doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easiest if you are on the phone with whoever is remoting into your machine, so that you can talk and ask questions outside the Bomgar text chat feature. Since they will be controlling your mouse, etc, it's often awkward and difficult to get into text chat while they are trying to fix your machine.

A huge benefit is that, by using Bomgar, I don't have to submit a ticket and wait 48 hours for someone to get something fixed or installed on my machine. The IT rep can just remote in and do everything in realtime so my issue gets handled immediately!

"Help Desk Troubleshooting"

What do you like best?

As an instructional technology analyst for the Help Desk at a major state university, there are a lot of options we could have chosen to remotely troubleshoot customer issues. Ultimately, we selected Bomgar for its robust features and the ability to store the data on our own servers for additional security of sensitive FERPA data.

What do you dislike?

My main complaint with the software is the alerts settings. It is currently not possible to set the audio/visual alerts to be specific to a specific queue. For the agents who are only in one or two queues, that's not a huge deal. But for those of us who are supervising 5+ queues, the alerts for queues we're not scheduled to manage that day are a pain!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar will send agents out to train you and your team directly, but they also offer online training options and certifications. They have been abundantly supportive in customizing our implementation. Since all of the chat records are stored on our own internal servers, we have an additional layer of security!

Being able to provide a 24/7chat option for our students is absolutely essential, especially given the size of our online campus and the number of international students and students studying abroad! In addition, the remote access capabilities allow us to more directly troubleshoot customer issues with our various software platforms is phenomenal! It reduces stress and allows for a greater percentage of first-contact resolution!

Bomgar review by D. SKye H.
D. SKye H.

"Bomgar isn't JUST remote control!"

What do you like best?

Of course, the remote control, but it isn't just that, Bomgar has remote diagnostics (for Mac, Linux, Android, iPhone, and Windows), it has a web-based, clientless chat interface that can be upgraded to the full client nearly seamlessly to the customer. Bomgar can be used just like your regular callcenter phone system because it has "teams" and "queuing" and the equivalent of "Automatic Call [chat] Distribution". The authentication system will work with LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, and local authentication. -That just names a few of the features that we love best!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't have a permanent "session key" that I can give customers so that they can always connect directly to me (Bomgar does have a "Bomgar Button" that accomplishes this task, but I can't put that on a business card).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you are a helpdesk supporting internal customers, or an entire support center supporting external customers, Bomgar gives you the level of security, access, and control that you need to solve problems as if you were sitting right at the computer. Basically, you can be anywhere in the world, as far as your customer is concerned, and it is really just like being there!

We used to support all of our customers via the telephone, but since we switched to "remote support" it is like we are sitting in front of our customers' computers, they can watch as we solve their problem(s), and that is the best education that a customer can get.

Bomgar review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The most secure remote solution in todays risky cyber world"

What do you like best?

The most flexibility in terms of:

Configuration - Everything can be customised (security, network, look and feel)

Integration - Supports all enterprise ITSM platforms

Very secure as all security features can be configured to your own standards, and hosting your own appliance in your data centre and behind your own firewalls gives you a lot less to worry about.

What do you dislike?

Too many configuration options! Hard to find them sometimes, the back-end admin could use some improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure your networking team know what you need (SSL Cert, Firewall, DNS), and make sure your security providers and team are also involved.

Security Challenge - hosting under your own domain and branding like your own give better sense of security and trust.

Cost - Lower annual costs than other products, reduction of costs on site visits.

Flexible - Connectivity options are limitless, many platform and product integrations with API's and packages.

Bomgar review by Consultant

"Awesome Application/Tool"

What do you like best?

"A picture is worth a thousand words!" This sums up my experience with Bomgar Remote Support. There are so many instances when assisting customers they are trying to explain their issue and terminology stops them. So, by viewing their monitor, (tablet, or phone!) it makes the process so much easier for both sides. Win-win!

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything so, I really can't think of a negative...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Speed. This not only helps our customer, but helps the ServiceDesk move onto other calls more efficiently and effectively.

Bomgar review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"Remote Support"

What do you like best?

The best part of Bomgar is how easy it is to initiate a remote connection from anyone you are trying to connect with. The fact that the one-off remote session will automatically uninstall on the client PC after the session is really nice. We mostly use Bomgar to support unmanaged PCs not on our network, Bomgar does this really well and we haven't yet had to ask the host network to open any ports or adjust settings on the firewall.

What do you dislike?

They have a presentation feature that I think could use some improving. To be fair, this isn't why you would buy/use Bomgar for presentations, however during the decision process we did see it as a plus. We have since used the presentation feature a couple times, however beyond a couple computers connected, it just didn't work well.

We have several PCs that we manage that are outside our network. Also we use Bomgar to remotely manage PCs on our network that are in satellite branches. We could use RDP for this, but we found Bomgar to be easier to use.

Bomgar review by Travis F.
Travis F.

"Great Remote Support Product"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Bomgar is the ability to create command shells to be able to run certain downloads of either installers or other packages. A simple click and the download begins, saves for entering passwords over and over. The other ability that really makes it easy on our staff is the ability to simple single click and add another user into a current session. Sometimes we are needing extra engineers to diagnose a challenge, and they are but a click away, very nice!

What do you dislike?

Not much that i dislike about Bomgar and using. It's a simple tool to get use too. Once you get past the little learning curve at the beginning, it's all smooth sailing from there. No dislikes right now.

We are solving a lot of remote problems that users are facing in the field. Most of our clients are not able just to email us describing their problems, but rather they can call us, we can remote in to their computer pretty quickly and resolve any issues they are facing. Most users really enjoy that convenience and makes it easier for them. They are back and doing what they do best.

Bomgar review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Remote assistance program"

What do you like best?

Easy to user, great interface to look and take over customer computer. Good tools for communication with customer and ability to transfer and run files from your location to theirs is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't much to dislike, it works like it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, even for first time users and non technical users

I work in Customer Service and Technical support for remote clients, it helps quite a bit to be able to remote into their PCs and show them exactly how to fix something, or be able to visually see what a customer is having problems with. Being able to take control, or send them a note if you are not connected by phone as well, is a nice touch.

Bomgar review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Easy to use, integrates with desktop management."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, can see iPhone/iPad, has method of no response from client, seems lightweight, uninstalls on client after session is over. Like the link I can send to users for remote control.

What do you dislike?

Low color resolution can be annoying when remoting to outside users.

Remote desktop to users outside of LAN. We have a lot of people on the road at times and this solves the remote access issue without having to use VPN.

Bomgar review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Great for remote support"

What do you like best?

I like Bomgar for its connectivity and functionality when removing into another computer.

I like that i can have the clients connect to it via a website or i sometimes use their ip and initiate a connection.

Once i am connected to a computer, i can have full functionality just as i was infront of the computer.

I can log off a profile account and log back in without losing the connection.

What i really like is that i can reboot and not lose a connection session.

A great plus is if your entering private data and you don't want the other person to see you can block out their view and your done you can re enable it.

If your in a network and would like to transfer the session to another person, you have a list of users available and a person can join your session to assist you or you can transfer.

What do you dislike?

It does have its limits in a sense that when i was working on a computer and i needed to configure the bios, couldn't because it went beyond the limits of its functionality. I also ran into a problem where a windows prompt would appear and i didn't see it but the user on the other side did. I had to have them click the box to close so i could continue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The helpful guides that they provide are easy to understand.

I have found out that if your removing to a computer that has user with limited rights to a computer, and if you log off the user and switch to another user. The session will freeze.

The work around so far is to remember to enable admin privileges before switches users profile/session.

Bomgar review by Alain N.
Alain N.

"Best Remote Support Software"

What do you like best?

Bomgar is accessible from anywhere, remotely, while on vacations, and it even works on Mobile Phones. Jump points are cool too.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any downsides besides the fact that sometimes the client gets an "Unrecognized client detected" prompt instead of connecting, but anyway you can workaround by sending a link or jumping in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it is honestly the best i've found.

Working in IT, we support all users. MAC, Android, Windows, iPhone so we've used it for pretty much anything related. The big benefit is that it's simple for the users, and faster to connect.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Bomgar Secure Remote Access"

What do you like best?

Bomgar remote support provided multi layer security with SAML authentication, technician reporting and reliable secure access to clients systems with ServiceNow integration capabilities

What do you dislike?

Chat support needs improvement to allow available hours for chat support

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the industry standard and now provides mobile report assistance as well

Reliable secure remote support assistance to our clients. We now have reporting capabilities that can track our technicians remote support connections on a monthly basis

Bomgar review by Joanna B.
Joanna B.

"Perfect every time"

What do you like best?

It is easy, even other people I have had to let them use it when I was not available and although they are not great with tech stuff they were able to follow the simple instructions so they could get remote support. Have used this hundreds of times

What do you dislike?

nothing, other than maybe the fact that not everyone uses this for remote support.

Remote support, hangs on server, database errors etc

Bomgar review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"We use Bomgar as a backup remote tool. "

What do you like best?

Bomgar is a very quick and reliable connection remote connection. It is very easy to use on both the on the support side and the users side.

What do you dislike?

on a multi-monitor setup you cannot see both monitors at once. You have to switch between to the two

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar is great. It's easy to use and makes for a quick connection.

We use Bomgar as a backup remote tool to connect to end users when our initial tool fails. It is very reliable and easy to connect.

Bomgar review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Amazing product"

What do you like best?

This is an easy to use application that allows for easy connect to PCs.

What do you dislike?

How hard it is to find a download for the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that there be a product that allows home users to be able to download a free application that allows them to work on family and friends computers, without actually being there.

I have solved many issues using this product, from printers not printing to connection issues with other programs. This product allows for ease of access so that you can fix the issues that need fixing, from where ever you might be.

Bomgar review by Drew M.
Drew M.

"Clears the way for increased support"

What do you like best?

Bomgar has allowed us to quickly connect to remote computers that are on a satelite internet, where our previous remote assistance tool didn't even connect.

What do you dislike?

About the only thing that I don't like about Bomgar right now, and hopefully they'll add this in a future release, but we can't hide the icon in the system tray, which has led to increased "blame" when thing go wrong on the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar's support is very reactive and there when you need them. They are very supportive during installation, setup, and even assist with customization of your system. When we purchased ours, we had a class included for administration training, which was also very helpful.

We can integrate Bomgar with our ticketing tool, utilize their Jump Point technology to segregate our POS systems, and very easily report on who connected where.

Bomgar review by Naomi H.
Naomi H.

"Great remote desktop support "

What do you like best?

As a technology trainer and software troubleshooter for a large campus, Bomgar helped me support many people and save time by allowing me to view their desktop without having to travel long distances across campus and through the city. It's easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It's a little confusing for end users to figure out how to accept Bomgar support on their end - to initiate the remote session.

It saved the company time and money by allowing me to troubleshoot from my computer instead of having to travel long distances.

Bomgar review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Bomgar review "

What do you like best?

Security wise this Remote Desktop tool is pretty good, it requires the user to initiate the session through a web interface or a app if you use the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Every analyst logged in is displayed as a potential candidate so the end user - if not properly trained can attempt to connect to any analyst logged into the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a good integrated product that adds layer of security to your remote support team.

Remote access with security, user are prompted at every level of security, for an altar to remote in, for elevated access, file transfer, the logs and visibility to the user is great

Bomgar review by User

"Bomgar - Remote support, this is the ticket."

What do you like best?

Bomgar lets you quickly connect to your clients computers for screen sharing and troubleshooting. Bomgar offers the easiest to use and fastest system for remote desktop computer support. Their client is easy to install and use on your own machine, and setting up remote sessions can be done by the most basic computer user.

What do you dislike?

There are hardware requirements, but they are not expensive. Some firewalls, virus scan, and security software's do not natively allow remote access.

Bomgar has saved countless travel hours to remote sites for computer help. The benefits include time savings for both our company and our customers. Not to mention the productivity time saved by our customers in reduced down time.

Bomgar review by Administrator

"Good software for the cost"

What do you like best?

The process to connect is pretty simple. We also have a custom portal which is simple and no need for access codes.

What do you dislike?

There are several steps to get full control and has to reconnect then so it takes a moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the pros and cons. Some of the customization are better then competitors but it comes at a cost.

Connecting to users outside of our network. We are able to better assist our uses on personal machines including mobile devices.

Bomgar review by Rafael S.
Rafael S.

"User friendly and great support capabilities"

What do you like best?

It has all the features I need to provide remote support for a wide variety of devices across multiple platforms in a user-friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the moment of this review, Bomgar does offer a trial which you can compare to other options before making a final purchase.

Helps me connect and perform basic to advanced troubleshooting without having to be on site. It can also be useful to educate the customers and make them feel at ease while troubleshooting.

Bomgar review by George E K.
George E K.

"Great tool to assist end users."

What do you like best?

Easy to use, just download and run, and when your finished it uninstalls each time.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the firewall settings it can either be completed by email, or through web address

Working with a Financial Management system, it allows us to see what users have entered and where their errors are occurring in real time.

Bomgar review by Angelina G.
Angelina G.

"Great for remote support"

What do you like best?

Enables tech support to control your system when they cannot identify the problem

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike from using it so far

System problems and technical support

Bomgar review by Terry S.
Terry S.

"Good remote support program"

What do you like best?

Lets me see what a user is seeing remotely and adjust settings in their end of needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are prompts that i cannot see or click that I will need the user to click on their end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works fine for the most part and fairly easy to use.

Remote helpdesk support for users at their computers that are having issues getting things to work.

Bomgar review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"Only way to support remote customers"

What do you like best?

Instant access to all my customers with complete unattended control.

What do you dislike?

It will not make my morning coffee, so pretty much nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about security, control, and ease-of-use.

Provide support for hundreds of customers with minimal staff

Bomgar review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Bomgar Remote Support"

What do you like best?

Bomgar remote support is amazing, I am able to troubleshoot any computer anywhere inside or outside my environment, integrate it with my support system and take remote control over mobile devices to better serve our users.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything within the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

POC and you will be amazed at the quality and ROI this product can give you.

remote support to save FTE costs outside the Home office locations state wide.

Bomgar review by Bonnie B.
Bonnie B.

"Out company depends on it every day."

What do you like best?

Obviously the best part is being able to connect remotely to computers and have the same functionality we would have if we were sitting in front of the machine.

What do you dislike?

This only thing that I can say would improve Bomgar is to expand their evening support hours. It just so happens that their business hours end at the same time ours do, so if there is an update/maintenance to be done IT has to come in really early in the morning to make sure our Bomgar server is available at 7 am.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar is so far above the competition that once you try it you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. Other remote solutions just don't compare.

Our previous remote access solution was sometimes difficult for customers to use and it would take extra time (sometimes 10 to 15 minutes) to hold their hand thru starting a remote session. We've seen a substantial increase of support cases with a total duration of less than 10 minutes since implementing Bomgar.

Bomgar review by Nick B.
Nick B.

"Remote Support and Chat Support"

What do you like best?

Ease of set up, ease of training and ease of use for support staff and use by clients.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, great product. We have nothing about the product that we dislike and are currently reviewing expansion to an enterprise product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outstanding product

We are utilizing Bomgar as a remote support tool. We struggled for years with inferior remote tools with many issues. Worked well inside firewall, but not outside. Worked well for one format not others, didn't work at all.... Bomgar allows us remote support on campus, nationally and internationally as needed agnostic-ally through browsers. We were able to change our onsite support model completely using Bomgar, using a Bomgar first rule before dispatching onsite support significantly reducing our onsite support needs.

Bomgar review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Robust but OUdated "

What do you like best?

Althought the UI and UX is rather outdated, it is still a robust system when using spanning a number of devices.

What do you dislike?

Very Very Outdated UI and UX. Unreliable at times live time monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Althought the UI and UX is rather outdated, it is still a robust system when using spanning a number of devices, especially when you have systems like a POS connected to the intranet. Could use a little work on UX and UI as described earlier.

Being able to reach an incredible amount of devices from a single software proves useful when one needs to controlling all types of devices including servers and POS systems.

Bomgar review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Bomgar- an easy way to help other people by linking into there pc"

What do you like best?

I like that I can send someone an email and they can ok me to look on their pc desktopif they need help.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I do not like, it is a very useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy way to help out others without ohysically being there.

It helps so if someone needs my help, I do not need to be at that their physical desk.

Bomgar review by Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Consultant in Computer & Network Security

"Ease Administration!! Feature rich tool with Security keeping the Key"

What do you like best?

The tool is easy to manage. The ultimate use of the tool is by Level1 or level 2 support guys, and this tool gives very ease management and very rich feature like video recording, automatic login to customer after a reboot while giving support. Auditing through ease to understand logs. Authentication through LDAP and other security features are great.

What do you dislike?

A great product to have it in an infra for maintaining your endpoints or supporting them. Not yet anything to be dislike, working good.

Support to our employees for general task and problems day are having in application install and issues.

Bomgar review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Helpful tool that any support enviroment should have! "

What do you like best?

This support tool exceeds the performance of windows based remote assistance tools. There are various functions that assist helpdesk staff in seamless support tasks. The ability to flip the presenter and use white board functions to highlight steps is a great addition to this platform. This product also allows for recording of remote sessions for future training and or monitoring.