Bomgar Remote Support

Bomgar provides secure access solutions that empower business, enabling secure connections for securely and easily supporting computing systems and mobile devices. The company’s products help organizations to improve tech support security, efficiency and overall performance.

Work for Bomgar Remote Support?
Securelink review  2x

Learning about Bomgar?

Bomgar Remote Support Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 160 Bomgar reviews
Bomgar review by <span>Brett H.</span>
Brett H.

Bomgar, Need I say more?

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Bomgar and using it for remote support is that I can remote to customers that are outside my intranet. I used to have to try and explain what I wanted them to do and it always gave me a headache and I would wish that the tech existed to slap people through the phone. Now Bomgar has made me a more relaxed and professional person I know longer want to slap people through a phone, AND I can take control away from those people who just don't understand that when they move the mouse it takes control from me...I still kind of want to slap those ones through the phone.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is when you are inactive in Bomgar it will interrupt what you are doing and tell you so. I can tell you how many times I have been in the middle of something and it has popped up and taken attention away from what I was doing. The worst is when you are typing and you don't see it pop up so you keep on typing and 20 minutes later you want to die.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it!

The main business problems we are solving is that of being able to more reliably remote to customer's computers. We used to use SCSM and it never really worked all that well and definitely didn't work off the intranet.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bomgar Remote Support
Bomgar review by <span>Eric W.</span>
Eric W.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

The most complete remote support solution I have used.

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is KACE Integration.

What do you dislike?

Apple does not allow any remote support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My best recommendation is to purchase the deployment services with the product. Implementation in a time conscious way that gets effective results is nothing short of complicated and unpleasant. The implementation team can get you all the necessary and recommended settings configured right out of the box. They will help you customize the product to fit your needs during implementation, but they will also try to rush through the process. Make them slow down and really dig in with you so you can get a good understanding of the administration side of the appliance right out of the gate because the first time you go to make a change without support it will likely take some time to find what you need.

The most prominent problem Bomgar solved for us is remote support to mobile devices. Bomgar has full control capabilities to Samsung mobile devices which has helped us support our colleagues in the field in scenerios where other tools fall short.

Desktop support for our outlying plants/offices has dramatically improved our efficiently and time usage. Our users are much happier now that we can solve their issues much faster ad with less intervention on their part.

Manageability of our virtual server instance without having to login to the instances has been extremely useful in cases where certain policies make accessibility a challenge.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Bomgar review by <span>Brandon S.</span>
Brandon S.

Well Worth the Money

What do you like best?

It is easy to use for end users and easy to administrate. You can use it to screen share on multiple platforms. It allows you to automatically login after restarting the client's machine as long as you have the customer type in their login credentials. Hence, the end user does not need to share their credentials. You can adjust what level of video quality you see on your end. For example, you can have Bomgar degrade the video quality to black and white instead of color to help with bandwidth issues. You can also easily see from a user or end user perspective who is available as an agent in Bomgar.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bomgar is the right software for support staff if you want to be able to screen share, act as administrator on client machine, stay connected after rebooting client machine, and not have to ask client to share their password with you.

At our Help Desk, we do a fair amount of support via phone, and doing support via phone can be heard when trying to communicate how to do something or where to look on the screen when talking to an end user. When conversations start to get hard for us support staff, we use Bomgar so that we can see the end user's machine and essentially do the work ourselves if needed versus trying to have the end user do the work.

Bomgar review by <span>Ivan M.</span>
Ivan M.

Flexible and built to work smoothly during heavy workloads

What do you like best?

This tool was certainly made with security in mind. When you are in a support session with a customer, all the activities and permissions given get logged in the audit log of the session. The video recording is a great plus and I appreciate it's also in high resolution. It's also compatible with enterprise-grade tools, such as Kerberos authentication and LDAP for user directory retrieval. For mission-critical organizations, the failover set up is also very nice and easy to setup. Last but not least, the documentation is very clear and well covered, and that is a great advantage over many tools of the industry. What I like most is that they really seem to hear the market, because when I get asked as a consultant about a feature, within a few clicks away I find it in the tool.

What do you dislike?

If you size it incorrectly during the deployment into a hypervisor, it will take a lot of RAM and it might take a lot of resources to the point the entire hypervisor gets unusable. However, that scenario is not very likely, specially if you followed up the documentation properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When deploying the solutions, please make sure you have all the requirements mentioned in the documentation before attempting to deploy the appliance. Otherwise you will hit roadblocks and doing "ad-hoc" setups that will not be best practice when deploying the solution.

The granular permissions model and the audit log and video the product offers, is a great benefit for those customers that need to comply with heavy regulations, so when choosing remote support tools, this choice is an easy call on BOMGAR, because of this.

Bomgar review by <span>Charlie K.</span>
Charlie K.

The Most Comprehensive and secure remote support tool - BOMGAR

What do you like best?

simple user interface for agent & customer

What do you dislike?

nothing - its all good. They quickly acknowledge any enhancement requests and keep us updated with future product road-map.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the big picture when comparing vendors. Bomgar has it all with extensive experience and innovation in the field of remote support solutions. No other vendor comes close to providing the comprehensive secure remote support solution that Bomgar does. The concurrent licensing model fits my needs since we have several shifts of techs we only pay for the # we need to actually use at any one time.

We increasingly have to support a wide geographically dispersed user base. With Bomgar remote support we can support those users anytime, anywhere, on any platform all without leaving our desks. As a tech support manager It is helpful to have the reporting and recordings for review. Some of our customers never come to campus so we can remote in and assist with computer configurations that were previously done in person saving travel time and costs. The big benefit is in solving issues without dispatching techs for basic desk side support. that helps improve the help-desk first contact resolution rate (FCR) and results in higher customer satisfaction ratings too. Today's versions allow my support agents to be anywhere also with the Bomgar mobile representative client. We don't need it often but when you can resolve an issue from your mobile device from where ever you are means not having to run out to find a computer and connect is priceless.

Bomgar review by <span>Travis G.</span>
Travis G.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Stop looking and start Bomgaring.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Bomgar is that it's the complete package for remote support. The amount of information that you can collect from a customer's computer without even screen sharing is immense. System info, installed applications and versions, connected drives, Network info, all of that is there with a few quick clicks. The customer's effort to get connected is quick and easy and doesn't leave a shred of evidence behind once the sessions is over.

What do you dislike?

If I'm being picky, we experienced our first software bug after an upgrade for the first time this year. In three years and 4 major upgrades! That's unheard of and has already been addressed and patched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sales team is top notch and really cares for customers. I love our rep and we have a great relationship. If I ever went anywhere else, I'd incorporate Bomgar as fast as possible.

We use Bomgar to remotely support over 27,000 students and 10,000 staff and faculty that are distributed across the state of Tennessee. Rather than our customers having to explain complex issues or send our physical technicians to office, we use Bomgar to quickly and efficiently triage and solve a variety of issues.

Learning about Bomgar Remote Support?

* We monitor all Bomgar Remote Support reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.