Bonusly

Teams around the world use Bonusly to transform employee recognition

Work for Bonusly?

Learning about Bonusly?

Bonusly Reviews

Ask Bonusly a Question
Showing 246 Bonusly reviews
Bonusly review by Sarah O.
Sarah O.

"Great HR tool!"

What do you like best?

The ability to recognize and actually reward awesome behavior! I like that there is an urgency created by having points time out. My organization does a decent job of utilizing the tool throughout the month, but there is a surge of people jumping on at the end of the month to recognize each other before the month's allowance has run out.

What do you dislike?

I don't love that there isn't a way to restrict how many times people can reward the same team member. If there was a little pop up saying that "you've rewarded PERSON X times this quarter - is there anyone else you'd like to appreciate?" would be really great. I notice everyone rewarding the same people over and over. We need to recognize the roadies as much as the rock stars!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is simple and quick to use from an end user's perspective. There are very few people in my organization that do not use it. I like to go on every day and hear good praise from my peers, even if it's not about myself. I work remotely, so I like to see what is going on and who is engaging in what makes me feel like I'm right there with the team!

It is nice for everyone to take time and actually encourage each other. Working with mostly men in the organization, it's a safe place to encourage and spread recognition without them having to say anything out loud. I don't know that they would say anything at all if we didn't have this platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bonusly
Bonusly review by Angie B.
Angie B.

"A very fun interactive way to motivate employees and teamwork"

What do you like best?

The fact that having a reward as little as 1 point is still motivating to do even more for others, and or to have a bonus when someone recognizes the efforts you put in, either for your work or others in general

What do you dislike?

The fact that points not used within a month vanish away to no one from the team, rather than stay in your bank giving you more to hand out the next month, and not having more than 200 points to hand out per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to have your company unify, it helps people get out of their shelves, and brings more teamwork, self hard working, and more actions ex. bringing cookies for others, doing the dishes for everyone etc.

People interact more with each other, and although it may be for selfish reasons, people help each other or do more for others for the satisfaction of being rewarded

What Employee Recognition solution do you use?

Bonusly review by Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

"Easy & Fun Way For Employee Engagement"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is SO simple and easy to use! The platform is clean and easy to navigate, and most importantly, allows my staff, who average twenty-something, to engage in their style with hash tags and cool rewards that are pertinent to them. They really get a kick out of publicly recognizing each other for going above and beyond, and it's truly helped them to notice even the little things they are doing for each other and for the company.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! There is a huge rewards catalog, and the dashboard is really easy to navigate. I love how clean and easy to navigate the system is, both as a user, as well as an administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used any other platform for peer recognition previously, but I would highly recommend Bonusly. They are great for our small sized company, and their customer service is top notch!

Bonusly provides a way for peers to recognize each other for the great work they are doing, instead of leaving it up to management. It really helps them to engage, as well as be aware of what's happening in the business around them.

Bonusly review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"Amazing platform that gets to the heart of recognition"

What do you like best?

The platform and interface is very easy to use, no training required. Businesses can maintain full control of the settings and restrictions while still allowing plenty of choice for employees to recognise contributions and achievements. Feedback from the teams is that they love the freedom of recognition and sharing of achievements - we integrate into Slack and also show recent rewards on the TV screens in the office.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing! Over time I'd love to see the UK rewards grow to the same extent as the US rewards available but the choice available now is certainly not something to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommend Bonusly as a sustainable tool to support your recognition strategy.

Bonusly provides a very simple solution to what is often a tricky problem - how do you publicly recognise awesome performance by team members in a sustainable way. We use Bonusly everyday and the feedback from the team is fantastic.

Bonusly review by Rafael R.
Rafael R.

"Reward the excellence"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, pretty interface and a nice way to reward coworkers. The timeline its very confortable, it feels like a normal social media. The ways to reedem your Bonusly Points are very usefull, I think it have the most used type of gift cards and credits.

What do you dislike?

Too simple, it could have more methods to get your rewards and they can improve things like adding more ways to give bonus, like directly sending gifts or something like that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate this tool with slack and you will have a good team recognition system and use it very offten, because it can be left in the background and no one will reward anyone for anything, the best way to improve its use is to keep using it, reward people for simple tasks, even if you consider to only give 5 or 10 points.

Giving coworkers the satisfaction of knowing that they work is appretiated

Bonusly review by Corine T.
Corine T.

"Bonusly is great for employee engagement!"

What do you like best?

I like that employees can give each other points for helping out, birthdays, fun, and any other reason that they desire! I also like that their customer support is super great, and really available! They respond mainly via their chat feature, and in my experience, they responded very quickly! It's also very fun and easy to use! Everyone in our company uses Bonsuly and really enjoys it. You have the ability to redeem points for gift cards, donate to charities, or use the points to get an awesome prize from some of our swag stuff!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the custom catalog is very limited. We created a catalog of apparel options that we offer as prizes. However, you must create a new item for each clothing size, rather than have one article of clothing and let the customer choose which size they want. This makes things a bit unorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really great tool to get your employees involved in the company and work together!

Bonusly motivates employees to work hard and actually really interact with one another. When I had a question to ask them, the customer service was really great! They responded almost immediately! I hardly had to wait. Even though I didn't necessarily get the answer that I wanted to hear, they were really nice about addressing my concerns and said that they will try to implement my opinion in the future updates with the program.

Bonusly review by Lindsay P.
Lindsay P.

"Fresh approach to peer to peer recognition"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to recognize people instantly either on the web or using the app. Bonusly quickly became part of our culture and recognition skyrocketed. What we really found helpful is that it also provided a look into work employees do that managers or executives might not realize. It's a feel good tool that we love.

What do you dislike?

Finding user guides in the admin function is not as intuitive as I would expect. I had to ask a lot of questions vs. find the answer myself (and I was usually pointed back to the user guides.) That being said, the customer service team was responsive and helpful. I just know that if it was easier to find the answer myself, I could have saved us all time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our success using Bonusly came from the executive level management engaging in the product. We decided to give them more points per month to be able to reward more employees. Another point is to be creative with the points and really tailor it to your company. You can use it "out of the box" but we have found that Bonusly is flexible to what works best for our organization.

Our company employees people all across the U.S. We wanted to find a way to share recognition while providing recognition in a timely manner. We knew certain teams had strong subcultures and Bonusly helped bring us all together as one company to see what great work everyone is doing. We have expanded its use beyond daily kudos to larger, executive level recognition as well.

Bonusly review by Keysa Y.
Keysa Y.

"Great for bonding with the team"

What do you like best?

I love that we can recognise our colleague's efforts. It boosts morale at work and also helps us build relationships. We can recognise each other based on something nice or helpful we did but also on our company values, which is really good!

I also like that it adds a bit of fun competition sometimes!

What do you dislike?

As a user, I don't think there's anything that I'd change or that I dislike. As an admin, I think the admin section, especially the user and payment tabs could be more user-friendly. Other than that, it's true that making any changes like deleting users, adding extra credit, etc, is pretty easy. And I think everyone loves using Bonusly at our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you use something linked to your company as hashtags, your values work great! Managers at our company are given a little extra credit so they can recognise more people in their team for their good work. I think that's also a good idea. You can also use it for some games where all the bonuses collected go to a good cause. People will feel they're helping others and that's awesome! :)

We recently updated our company values. Having them on Bonusly allows people to link behaviours with those new values and start recognising their colleagues for it.

It also helps others notice what people are doing in other teams, so it helps them recognise that work and value it. It somehow helps prevent silos within teams.

Bonusly review by Consuelo J.
Consuelo J.

"AMAZING "

What do you like best?

This is the best way to offer positive reinforcement to co-workers/employees for jobs that they do. This is also a great team builder, it is nice to see others being rewarded for doing the best they can. Even if you are not on the receiving end, it is still wonderful to see others treating others with kindness.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it is easy, fun to use. Great images and emoticons to attach. The hashtags can go on forever! I love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing I could ask for is the emoticon be easier to navigate at times. There are some that are not easily accessible unless you know the exact symbol required. I would like to see a better guide for those, as some can really make a post shine!

This goes back to my comment above, this shows the team who does well. I believe in turn helps others become better.

The tracking on the site is also good to show management at a quick glance how their employees are viewed by others.

Bonusly review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Why didn't I do this before?"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to get up and running. I was able to sign up for a free trial and have our Bonusly ready for launch within hours. The design of the platform is easy, intuitive, modern. I love that the team can give rewards to each other as well as the company give its own rewards and kudos. I love that there is a wide variety of stores, charities, and even the ability to cash out via PayPay when redeeming the rewards. Something for everyone! Overall, a solid app that executes its promises.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have more automated bots to give Bonuses automatically. There are several (birthdays, work anniversaries, etc.) that come standard, but I wish these could be expanded upon.

Other than than I actually cannot think of anything I dislike right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a lot easier to get started with Bonusly than I thought it would be! I can't believe I put it off for so long. Give it a try - the free trial is a great way to get started and the pricing is really reasonable!

Our team has been on some tight deadlines and pulling lots of long hours. Bonusly gave us a fun, easy way, to focus on the successes in the midst of the stress. Giving acknowledgment to contributions that might have, in the past, gone unrecognized has definitely boosted the overall team morale.

Bonusly review by Eric W.
Eric W.

"Great product that makes building a fun culture easier!"

What do you like best?

I love that Bonusly influences coworkers to recognize each others hard work. It is very easy to use and can be utilized across the entirety of our company from top to bottom. Getting Amazon gift cards is always amazing as well!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I have nothing bad to say. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience using Bonusly thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a try and you will love it! Such an easy and fun way to build company culture. Our company has 10 core values that we try to live by and we can hashtag them with the props and recognition we give which is awesome.

Building a strong company culture is extremely important and Bonusly is a step we take to help with that. It seems to be infectious when a coworker is recognized for working hard and next thing you know the whole floor is kicking it up a notch! It is great to be able to have peer to peer recognition instead of the standard manager to employee.

Bonusly review by Shuntrell H.
Shuntrell H.

"Great idea! "

What do you like best?

I like the idea of being able to recognize people within your workplaces for their hard work or just to simply show appreciation for something that was done. Plus, you never now what the points could help with.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any dislikes - a suggestion, yes. I feel 100 Bonusly is not enough to show appreciation to others. I usually find near the end of the month I'm out of points and can't praise anyone until the balance refreshes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this feature! It's great to be able to appreciate others that are working just as hard as you are! And if you're ever in need financially you have Bonusly to save the day since you're able to use them for places like grocery stores, restaurants, etc.

The benefits I realize it brings is being able to show recognition, love, and support to others. Not only that but you can also donate your Bonusly to any charity you wish. That's just awesome! I love to lend a hand in any way.

Bonusly review by Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.

"I really like to work with Bonus.Ly"

What do you like best?

Bonus.ly help Connexence with the team spirit. It is really cool to recognize good things.

La mise en place du système est extrêmement simple. Il nous a fallu quelques minutes seulement pour être en ligne.

La plateforme est également très simple d'utilisation et l'application mobile rends le système accessible en tout temps. Notre équipe a été en mesure d'utiliser la reconnaissance très rapidement et nous avons pu observer des améliorations dans l'esprit d'équipe en quelques mois seulement.

What do you dislike?

It would be really nice to get some automatic point. Bonus.ly already add point for anniversary, but it would be cool to have more "automatic point"

L'utilisation de Bonus.ly tel que nous la faisons actuellement pourrait nous revenir très cher si notre équipe continue de grossir. Nous attribuons 250 points par personne à donner mensuellement.

Il serait intéressant également de conserver les points non attribués en fin de mois afin d'éviter que les employés les donnent sans bonne raison.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes absolutly

It is nice to know what people like about your job. It makes a really good team spirit!

L'Utilisation de Bonus.Ly nous a permis de renforcer l'esprit d'équipe, mais également d'identifier des qualités "types" chez nos employés et de mettre de l'avant nos valeurs!

Bonus.ly a permis à Connexence d'offrir des récompenses sur mesure à l'équipe. Cela renforce l'offre des avantages sociaux et permet un recrutement d'employé plus facile. Dans le domaine des TI, la compétition est forte et Bonus.ly est un avantage pour nous!

Bonusly review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Great tool for recognition + engagement"

What do you like best?

We brought Bonusly in over two years ago to help us create an accessible and easy to use recognition program. We wanted our wins to be celebrated in real time and make sure that anyone could recognize anyone. It cut down on the administrative legwork involved with running a recognition program and we're no longer guessing on what rewards are most meaningful - our team handles that part! We currently have 100% participation.

What do you dislike?

It's hard for me to point to something I dislike because Bonusly is receptive to feedback. Each little quirk that we've called out has been fixed or addressed. We do have a few folks that are uncomfortable with public recognition so that has been our one challenge - how do we call out great work from those individuals outside of Bonusly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bonusly was a total rehaul of our recognition program so we started out small with a one month pilot to our team. Bonusly supported us (especially me!) from the beginning. Check out their blog as well - they are not just creating a product - they are thought leaders in employee recognition.

Two benefits come to mind right away. First of all, we added the integration with Slack right off the bat. Being able to see in real-time what folks are working on - continues to help us all get a better sense of what's happening in the company and the nuances in each individual's role. Secondly, we have our four company values as hashtags. In the past two years, with the help of Bonusly, we've really shaped what it actually means to embody those values. Our values aren't just a poster on the wall - we have real examples each day in Bonusly.

Bonusly review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"An Excellent Way to Connect and Show Appreciation"

What do you like best?

Bonusly provides a simple, easy platform to express appreciation for co-workers and their efforts. It builds the company culture, while still providing dynamic and individual rewards for all employees. When looking for employee bonus programs, this is one of the few that allows acknowledgment of all employees by supervisors and co-workers with rewards that everyone appreciates.

What do you dislike?

The Android app is available, but I found it to be a bit discouragingly slow. Honestly, this is just splitting hairs - I have been very happy with the program since we signed up.

For a very small business, this might be a bit redundant, but the rewards are still nice. My company has 15 employees in one office and 5 in another, and the program is perfect for our size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This nicely enhances or even replaces most employee appreciation programs, while providing positive interaction among employees. I highly recommend Bonusly!

This program replaced my employee of the month program. My office is relatively small, and the same people were being recognized repeatedly while others were over-looked. With Bonusly, I can send a bonus to any employee at any time, and they feel constant and immediate appreciation. The metrics tell me if anyone is being overlooked, and I can be much more egalitarian with the bonus structure.

My staff in the Philippines are also getting to know the local staff much better through Bonusly interaction, meaning that they communicate much more effectively on assignments.

Bonusly review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"Like a very positive, recognition-driven Twitter"

What do you like best?

At my last job, I always had to shell out money for coworker birthdays, celebrations, a job well done, etc. We had a heavy gift-giving culture because we didn't have Bonusly, or another employee reward structure. I love that Bonusly gives employees a standard way of rewarding and receiving recognition—without employees having to separately pay out of pocket to let coworkers know how much they're appreciated.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes for Bonusly are pretty minor. I would love to not have a $0.25 transaction fee to transfer my Bonusly points out to PayPal.

No more gift-giving culture that takes from employees' incomes. Points and recognition become the company standard, which is fair. The point-to-dollar ratio is great and there are lots of options for cashing out.

Bonusly review by Claudio D.
Claudio D.

"Bonusly is a great peer efforts recognition tool, love it!"

What do you like best?

It helps motivate our staff and members of the sales teams. By giving recgnition among others it makes peole feel accomplishement. Great tool, keep it up! The perks of having vouchers to redeem, that's the best part of the award! Great job Bonsuly! Keep it up!

What do you dislike?

Steam offers should be in Pounds, people in the UK like playing games too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, it's an added value for your staff that they will enjoy and does not cost much to your organisation. Staff will feel like you are giving something back to them, do it, give back to them and get Bonusly!

Staff motivation and unengaged staff seem to value entitlement. Bonusly gives them a sense of entitlement as they now are able to show others how they've helped and the unengaged can see how they can contribute so they too are recognised.

Bonusly review by Nicholas F.
Nicholas F.

"Worth every penny"

What do you like best?

This is the first time I've joined a company that used something like Bonusly and it is amazing how much of a difference it can make with work place happiness. Unsure if your extra effort was noticed or not? Pretty easy to tell when all of the sudden you are getting a few bucks here and there from your colleagues, managers, or even upper management. It is so much more then just extra dollars in your pocket, its appreciation and motivation to keep up the great work.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike about Bonusly, is that it can succeed or fail, purely based on the company culture. If your colleagues are not gracious, they will not give you a bonus no matter what effort level you put forth. I'm not sure how Bonusly can improve upon this. They already send out a reminder that your balance is about to be reset so that you can gift any remaining bonuses. Maybe an optional reminder every Friday that says "Did someone do something awesome this week? Reward them!".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your company sets the right culture. This product will not solve your problems simply by being awesome. You still need the right employees to utilize it and make it successful.

There are a few business problems Bonusly has solved for me. I can easily show my appreciation to my colleagues and management in a matter of seconds (and vice versa). In a remote environment, this is especially favorable, making everyone feel more connected and visible.

Another problem often faced is that of conflict. For example, when systems are not working, or deadlines are being missed, it is very easy to pick a target for your negativity. I often use Bonusly as a reminder that we're on the same team, no blame is being placed on anyone, and yes the situation was difficult but all I have is appreciation for the work and effort given by someone or some team. It quickly ends any feuds that may be forming between teams or individuals when you can thank them in a genuine manner like Bonusly.

Bonusly review by David V.
David V.

"Great Platform for Peer Bonuses and Work Culture"

What do you like best?

Ease of use: Bonusly is very simple to set up and use, their reporting helps reveal interesting data (like top contributors and receivers as well as the words that are most often used in bonuses that are given), and there are several integrations that we also make use of (like with Slack).

What do you dislike?

There is basically nothing I dislike about this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't go wrong with using this product. It's a great platform for peer-to-peer bonuses.

Bonusly has helped us implement a peer bonus system that promotes individual autonomy, task and project ownership, and a positive work culture centered on employee recognition. The benefits are manifold. Employees love receiving a steady stream of bonuses (especially ones that they have *earned* from their peers), employees love having the discretion to give bonuses for others' outstanding contributions, and the list goes on.

Bonusly review by Margaret M.
Margaret M.

"Bonusly is a great way for peers and managers to give praise and appreciation."

What do you like best?

I like that I can reward someone for just about anything. I also really like that managers and higher ups can see the rewards you get and can see if you did something great they normally wouldn't notice. It is nice to see instant gratification for a job well done.

What do you dislike?

It is really easy for coworkers who are friends to abuse the system. However, I think that depends on the office culture set up in individual workplaces. I also think that this can be used as an excuse by a company to not offer traditional bonuses that may be more lucrative to employees. For example, we don't receive a Christmas/Holiday bonus because we have Bonusly.

I think that the business benefits because it makes the workplace feel more welcoming. It really creates a community culture.

Bonusly review by Herbert L.
Herbert L.

"Best way to give props to co-workers"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about Bonusly is that it has let me get to know more about what my co-workers do. Sometimes you get so into your work you forget about the people you work with. Bonusly has let our teams become closer and really point out the amazing things we all do.

What do you dislike?

I think the achievements could be better. This is the part where it can be more of a gamification area. show how many more times I need to get recognized to hit the next level. Maybe even when I hit that next level I get rewarded points also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think adding to the achievements area would really make Bonusly even more enjoyable then it already is.

There was a disconnect between teams. where we didn't know what others were working on.

Bonusly review by Dave S.
Dave S.

"A great way to recognise your fellow workers"

What do you like best?

Bonus.ly provides a way to reward your co-workers for their performance. While it's always great to be noticed by your company's management, being rewarded by a co-worker for something you have achieved or completed for them is gratifying. The ability to then use these rewards towards something tangible is even more satisfying.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that you seem to run out of reward points before the end of the month so you tend to try and use the rewards sparingly at the beginning and then in a flourish at the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go. It builds morale in the team.

Immediate recognition is the best outcome. While reviews and KPI recognition from the company is paramount, timely recognition from a co-worker lifts the morale of the team and lifts performance.

Bonusly review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Business Development Manager for remote company"

What do you like best?

I love that Bonusly gives our team an opportunity to recognize team members for achievements. Being an all remote company it helps us to stay connected and give recognition in a fun and creative way. The hashtags and Gif's are fun as well. The analytics that Bonusly provides are a way to see different areas that team members are being recognized most.

What do you dislike?

There are a few errors with the gift cards that are offered. Fore example, I redeemed my points for a Darden gift card and it stated in the description that it could be redeemed at Red Lobster. Once I tried to redeem it at Red Lobster, I was told that they are no longer a part of the Darden group, a little frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you check the vendors that are in the description to ensure that they are a part of the company that is listed on the gift card. This is an amazing tool the provides an easy way to recognize employees for their achievements.

This allows us to give recognition for everyone that would not otherwise be possible. It is also an added bonus in a financial aspect as well.

Bonusly review by Peter L.
Peter L.

"Acknowledge Unsung Heros With Bonusly"

What do you like best?

I love Bonusly because it enables me to publicly recognize a colleague for the contributions they make that would otherwise go unknown to the rest of the organization. It feels good to give a micro bonus to acknowledge a job well done.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about Bonusly. The only thing I would change would be to do away with the $1 fee when redeeming a reward as a PayPal payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It really does make a difference when you feel appreciated for what you do and are able to recognize others for their contributions no matter how small.

Bonusly solves the problem of how to recognize colleagues for their contribution even if on a small scale. Bonusly helps contribute to a good corporate culture.

Bonusly review by Sergio S.
Sergio S.

"Great way to Bring Moral up in the Office"

What do you like best?

The Idea of Bonus.ly is great! I feel as though the employees have a motive to work, and they love the bonus. I also think this is a nice perk for the company since we don't have that many. Typing in the amount and who its for is awesome, we not to many dropdown which is nice.

What do you dislike?

The amounts listed in the dropdown when you're redeeming money. I feel like there could be more options some times is find my self redeeming multiple cards with the lowest amount to redeem all my gift cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it don't abuse it!

Moral, work ethics, and improvements in the workflow. Faster and improved work. Things get done on time and there is always competition among us, to see who has the most.

Bonusly review by Kendall R.
Kendall R.

"Great way to thank people for the little things!"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is a great tool. I've always struggled with being explicitly thankful enough to contributors across departments without overdoing it or embarrassing them by putting them on the spot. This allows me to send them a small token of gratitude without it becoming a big deal. I love that you can use hashtags and reward multiple people at the same time within a single reward, and also how flexible the reward redemption options are. Really love this idea!

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to tag people without rewarding them - just so they can be alerted that I've rewarded someone and mentioned them as part of that comment etc. That way it would be easier for them to go in and tack on an additional comment or reward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great idea especially for companies transitioning from small to large, because it helps maintain a level of personalization in the way you thank people for their work.

When you're a fast-growing company, it's really hard to have a close relationship and one-on-one conversations with people across your organization. So many people play into every success at my company, and there are always a ton of people to thank who I don't even see face-to-face! This is a great way to be able to thank them wherever, whenever.

Bonusly review by Andrea F.
Andrea F.

"Favorite Company Benefit! <3"

What do you like best?

The feeling I get when I open up my inbox to an unexpected Bonusly notification from a work bud--unbeatable.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could access a full emoji panel when commenting. I can never remember what the ":" tags are and I have to google them (first world problems, I know).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic motivation tool and morale-booster. I'm always motivated to work 110% juuuuuust in case ;) Would recommend to any company.

There have been instances when I did something above and beyond the 'call of duty' and thought no one noticed.... until I found a Bonusly notification in my inbox by my boss or coworker. It's literally made my day multiple times. Definitely motivates me to work a little extra just in case ;)

Bonusly review by Brian W. C.
Brian W. C.

"Rewarding Teamwork"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about Bonusly was the ease in tracking employee interaction.

What do you dislike?

There isn't enough "stickiness" between the employees and Bonusly. It was great at first and used quite a bit by a core group of employees; however, its use declined over time to the point we cancelled with the understanding we might try it again sometime. The "new" wore off too soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend that you give it a trial. Continue to use it if you find it benefiting your staff and morale. It has been some time since we have ceased using it, so it may have significantly improved since then.

The primary business problem solved with the use of Bonusly was that of tracking internal contributions and notices of "jobs well done", etc. It made it easier for one employee to mention of another who contributed positively to their day or workload.

Bonusly review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Bonusly Review "

What do you like best?

I like the platform how it's easy to use. How we get 100 bonuslys reset each month. We also get to pick our rewards at the end of month with a ton of merchants.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Maybe if we can type in longer responses. That would be very helpful to acknowledge people. Also possibly having monthly prizes for those who have the most bonuslys in a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just keep utilizing it.

It rewards others for helping. It also allows you to see what others are getting rewarded for so you can be incentive to do the same and help your peers. It also brings friendships together at work, which is very beneficial to having a strong culture at work.

Bonusly review by Peter J.
Peter J.

"Great service that is also fun."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of converting the Bonus points into something to be purchased, it can be done quickly and isn't complex. There is also no waiting for the bonus points to be converted.

What do you dislike?

I feel that there is a bit of a lack of things that the bonus points can be spent on, I would like to see products from people like Virgin Experience days or similar so that people can buy a day out for themselves at a discount through Bonusly.

It definitely helps the staff by encouraging them to help each other more than they would have done. The staff have a great attitude towards helping each other and Bonusly further encourages it.

Bonusly review by Shawn D.
Shawn D.

"Easy to your employee rewards program"

What do you like best?

It allows you to easily send employee feedback with a reward. Sometimes a simple "thank you" isn't enough.

What do you dislike?

A lot of people trade bonusly back and forth which means it isn't being used to reward people who help them out. Many people are out of bonusly on the first day of the month. It would be good if there was a time delay for people to give someone bonusly who has just given them bonusly or not allow the same amount bonusly transactions from/to two of the same people.

It is a little bit of moral boost when you go above and beyond for someone and they send you a thank you with bonuslly

Bonusly review by User in Internet

"Best way yo recognize Good!"

What do you like best?

I love that you are able to recognize coworkers that have assisted you or that actually deserve to be rewarded. This makes it easy and effortless to give little bonuses. The hashtags and now pictures actually are great because everyone in the company can see it!

What do you dislike?

Only getting a set amount of Bonusly per month :) I need unlimited! I know this is controlled by the company I work for but I can't think of any other negatives. The selection of giftcards are really good!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has everything you really need. The team is always working to add features but at the same time the simplicity of use is great!

The problem that people need to be rewarded for doing good. When you have such a system people actually want to help each other to stack up on bonuslys to cash out eventually. Keeping employees happy by recognition is just another perk added to the benefits of this company culture.

Bonusly review by Bryan P.
Bryan P.

"Fun, simple product for encouraging peer-to-peer recognition"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use. The news feed makes it fun as you find yourself scrolling thru to read other bonuses. I also enjoy the tagging function as it adds to the enjoyment and grouping. Overall, I liked the behavior that it drove and it adds enjoyment to your day when you receive a Bonusly

What do you dislike?

I did not Admin the software, so I don't know how it was there. From a simple end user perspective, I don't have many complaints. It didn't have many bells and whistles, but I think that helps rather than hurts it. They should add some gamification where you get mini rewards for breaking milestones or being the leader in some areas

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not too much downside to giving this a try. There are other programs out there but I don't know much about the differentiators. I strongly suggest that you use some program like this

Employees respond better to recognition than salary bonuses, studies show. I think this makes it easy to improve the employee experience at relatively little cost

Bonusly review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"great for acknowledging colleagues and introducing some lighthearted fun to the workplace"

What do you like best?

no job i work on happens in a vacuum, there is always input from a variety of sources and it's nice to be able to acknowledge the support i get from my hard-working colleagues. using bonusly to recognize this helps to keep things personal and maintain (or create) an environment where we really are teammates and not just individually producing "widgets" for some larger, unknown end.

What do you dislike?

i wish i had more emojis to choose from. ;P

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's a fun & easy way to reinforce connections among colleagues who otherwise have only transactional interactions with each other.

solidifying relationships across departments and breaking out of silos. acknowledging positive influences instead of just calling attention to problems. having a little fun on the job and letting individual personalities have an outlet. we have some very clever individuals working here and this gives us all a chance to interact in a fun way.

Bonusly review by User

"How Bonus.ly improves companies"

What do you like best?

Bonus.ly is a very nice platform. The company I work in use it as 'peer-to-peer' review - people that work with you give you bonuses for what you did. I believe this is `unmatchable. The people you work with review your work at real time!

What do you dislike?

I do not think there is something that I dislike about bonus.ly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. This is the kind of service that you only see that it makes a change after you start using.

I think relationship and feedback (real-time, constant feedback) for everyone is very important. In the company I work in it makes a lot of change - being recognized by your co-workers is fabulous.

The benefits I have noticed are: being recognized (obviously), having a better feeling when you did something very important for some people although it might have been simple to you. The working impact using bonus.ly is very good. Also, getting prizes because you did something is very nice.

I think bonus.ly touches exactly what the user and the company needs - the user wants to be recognized and deal with his coworkers better, it make people improve their empathy for other problems. Even though this should be part of each one it is something very important for one to learn.

Also, I think it improves the view the company has on a coworker via tags. The tags may be simple (and they are!) but they make the company have a overview of how one person is and how that person is working. This kind of insight is extremely valuable to a company.

Bonusly review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"A micro-bonus is an anytime bonus"

What do you like best?

Bonus.ly promotes recognition among employees by allowing each employee to say "thank you" by awarding points to others. As employees accumulate points, they have an opportunity to redeem the points from an array of items, gift cards, services, etc. These micro-bonuses allow employees to gain in ways that matter to them as a reward for doing a good job rather than banking on company-wide bonuses and year-end reviews.

What do you dislike?

I would like better reporting at the employee level, but the existing reporting is still beneficial and we are currently using it to see how interactive our top performers within Bonus.ly are getting and receiving bonuses. Reporting is sometimes the only "finger on the pulse" that we have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product based on the success that it has had at our company and among our employees. Not sure? It never hurts to try something new and see how it holds up.

Bonus.ly has helped us build morale and get employees to interact in new ways. When employees receive d recognition from other employees, and not just leadership, it is a way to help make them feel accomplished and appreciated on a new level.

"Love this tool! "

What do you like best?

This tool has made rewarding and recognizing our staff and my colleagues so much more enjoyable. There are so many deserving moments in any given day of staff going above and beyond. A simple thank you is great but being able to give them a shoutout with points that they can redeem for gift cards to spend at lots of locations really makes them feel valued. It has become less about how many points can I get now, and more about how many can I give out! I often run out of points well before the next refresh!

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to include a hashtag when I send a message. Sometimes it can get complicated taging members of a team if you have a large staff list.

But really that is just nit picking as there isn't anything really that I hate about it from a users perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes a wonderful difference to your staff. It makes them feel more connected to their organization and more recognized for their work.

The benefits are greater recognition of the work our staff does, feeling more valued at the company and striving to make sure that good work does not go unnoticed!

Bonusly review by User in Research
User in Research

"Great way to reward colleagues!"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is extremely user-friendly and straight-forward to use. This allows us to reward colleagues right-away whenever they did something special, so we don't risk forgetting about it. Showing appreciation for our colleagues' work improves the rewarding culture and general work atmosphere in the office. The vouchers they get are also adapted to their location too add other shops can be added to the list. This is great for international companies with offices in several countries.

What do you dislike?

- Not all colleagues actually use bonusly although they have a budget of bonusly points they can distribute

- Bonusly points expire rather than roll over to the next month.

- There is no control over the validity of the reasons why colleagues give bonusly points and it is doubtful that the points are always given to reward someone who actually did something special that needs rewarding. :-)

Creating a (peer-to-peer) rewarding culture in the company.

Bonusly review by User

"Great way to reward achievements within the team"

What do you like best?

It's nice to see all the little things that people do above and beyond their job get rewarded. Sometimes it might be something that helps others, or even directly helping another person; other times it's about going beyond the minimum requirement or even putting in extra time to make something better. Either way, these are often things that don't necessarily get noticed by managment but your own team is almost always aware. With Bonusly, all team members are empowered to reward these achievements and indirectly bring it to the attention of management without the need for any awkwardness, which is great for quiet team members.

What do you dislike?

Some people have a tendency to expect Bonusly points for helping others or simply for doing their job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth considering.

Often it was the little things people do that go unnoticed but Bonusly brings them into view and also rewards the person at the same time.

Bonusly review by Sylvain A.
Sylvain A.

"Taking the time to say thanks"

What do you like best?

Seeing the team thank each other and taking the time to point out when their teammates are helping out or being great in general.

What do you dislike?

End of the month spending. When the month is nearly over, people try to give out all their remaining points which takes away some of the charm.

We wanted something that makes it easy to make sure people who help you out, are good at their jobs or are just great people know how great they are. It's great when it comes from management, but it's also very nice to hear it from the people you work with every day.

Bonusly review by Vanessa D.
Vanessa D.

"Bonusly is amazing!"

What do you like best?

What I love about Bonus.ly is that you can ensure that the little things really count. They get noticed. The important, tiny things that make businesses great - and so often get missed - can be rewarded. And the tangible rewards make it worth being the best you can be... because you know it really counts.

What do you dislike?

I don't get enough points! I need more to reward the amazing things my colleagues do each day,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Morale is key to efficiency and productivity. Bonusly is great for morale and helps ensure that those little, unseen excellent moments others perform don't get missed.

Bonusly keeps our team motivated and engaged, and makes work more fun.

Bonusly review by Joana F.
Joana F.

"Make feedback fun! "

What do you like best?

Bonus.ly is extremely useful and fun. People around the office give bonus to each other just to say thanks for something or to highlight to all the team something that a teammate did well. We love to use it!

What do you dislike?

I'm also admin of our bonus.ly account so I think that the admin's backoffice could be improved in some particular things, but as a comon user, I've nothing to regret about :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

When we heard about bonus.ly we thought it would be a great thing for us to try. We didn't had a specific goal. But we love to have a tool to share positive feedback in a fun way.

Bonusly review by Danilo G.
Danilo G.

"An excellent tool for positive feedbacks"

What do you like best?

Here at Bemobi it works as an excellent opportunity to recognize coworkers. Constant feedbacks can motivate employees to perform better. It is not the solution but an important ingredient to construct a good company.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we'd like to classify users by groups in order to integrate with internal projects. I know we can do it using API but it would enrich the software if we could get group reports. Apart from that, there is nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really a good tool. The employees will love it and theirs engagement will be improved.

It's helping us to give constant and positive feedbacks. It's also a good metric for decision-making.

"Developer"

What do you like best?

The ability to recognize my colleagues for anything, no matter how small, without having to go through any sort of approval chain.

What do you dislike?

I tend to save all my points until the end of the month because I want to make sure I have enough to recognize everyone who might have helped me during the month, but in saving it, I have accidentally not given any points out before the month roll over. Though it's my own problem, I find this incredibly frustrating that there isn't some sort of grace period or rollover.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not certain the amount actually matters since 'points' are somewhat abstracted away from dollars. I think what's important is just having a way to empower your people to their colleagues.

I think it's helpful for team morale as well as strengthening bonds between members of the organization while simultaneously affording employees with autonomy and trust.

Bonusly review by Doug S.
Doug S.

"You Get A Bonusly! And You Get A Bonusly! And YOU Get A Bonusly!!"

What do you like best?

We move so quickly throughout our days and there are so many times when a "Thank You!" or a palm stinging "High Five" (really, it's a thing) just doesn't cut it. That's when Bonusly really shines. It's quick, convenient and you don't have to log into a separate system thanks to the Google SSO functionality! Bonusly let's me get in, reward, and get on with my day.

What do you dislike?

I've yet to find anything that I dislike about Bonusly. Really!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jus do it! You're employees will repay you in spades!

We're all about recognition and by integrating Bonusly with SLACK, we're able to celebrate the peer to peer recognition across our organization.

Bonusly review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Director of Business Operations"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows the company a cost-effective way for employees to feel recognized & rewarded other than a traditional bonus program. Because it's from peers, it also tends to be more meaningful. The statistics are helpful as well - Senior Leadership is able to recognize the "most popular" Bonusly recipients formally.

What do you dislike?

This is just a user issue, but sometimes we have to remind employees that this is an ACTUAL bonus program with real money. Silly or sarcastic bonusly gifts aren't productive to the end goal.

We had just transitioned away from a bonus system based on billable hours when we implemented Bonusly. The billable hours bonus we found was contradictory to some of our core values, and encouraged some behavior we didn't want in our company. With Bonusly, we can put real dollars behind rewarding folks for doing things that align with our core values.

Bonusly review by Jack C.
Jack C.

"Great employee recognition software"

What do you like best?

Being able to receiving recognition from peers on day-to-day work rather than having to wait until senior management see the outstanding work you are doing or waiting for an annual appraisal to review your performance, I now use Bonusly in regular one-to-ones with my manager to show my continued performance.

What do you dislike?

Although I am just an end user so I don't have access to all features of the platform, I believe it has very limited analytics that don't allow you to compare period-over-period data or see how particular employees, departments or locations are tracking.

Allows employees to recognise their peers in day-to-day work that senior management might not see.

Bonusly review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"Bonusly - A fun, rewarding bonus program"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and very quick to recognize co-workers for achievements / help. The bonuses add up and you can get some great stuff!

What do you dislike?

There were a few bugs early on, but the Bonusly crew was very quick to fix them. Overall I dont have any big dislikes with the system!

One thing would be nice is if you could designate a recognized 501c3 charity of your choice to receive donations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You will really enjoy it!

Our employees have fun with Bonusly, and since it is peer driven, it gives everyone a great sense of accomplishment when recognized by their peers for work they have done.

Bonusly review by Javier G.
Javier G.

"Great user experience, fantastic acceptance. Overall, highly recommended."

What do you like best?

Bonus.ly is a fun and modern way of engaging in positive reinforcement and recognition, it is easy to use and people simply love it.

We implemented Bonus.ly and it was immediately a success. Quickly, everybody was sending recognition notes, and even when we still didn't have physical rewards to exchange for the points, the recognition factor alone was extremely positive and well received.

People take pride in what they do, and Bonus.ly is a fun and easy way to make it visible for the whole team.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is any aspect of the solution that I would dislike. It is flexible enough to accommodate virtually every need we had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because this is so easy to use, keep your rewards policy simple. Don't make it hard on the employee to recognize, if it takes too many click or time it is less likely they will use it.

We had no way of recognizing publicly (other than in the own team meeting - small number of people) the good job, or collaboration between teams that we had. Good performance, other than customer surveys, passed unnoticed even though everybody know who are the top guys in the team and the teams we collaborate with. If a good note goes to your supervisor, it would often stay there.

With Bonus.ly we now had a platform to share success and collaboration at company level. Quickly, the stars in each team were being publicly recognized and their names were being shared across the whole organization. This fact alone, helped raising the moral and the motivation, now we had people looking for opportunities to shine or help other teams just to get the Bonus.ly points!

Bonusly review by Ingrid d.
Ingrid d.

"Good company tool that promotes teamwork."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, and the ability to integrate it into other tools like Slack.

What do you dislike?

I must say - I dislike the font. This is a personal pet peeve related to roundness in typography.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a highly compartmentalized office that has difficulty communicating across teams, I recommend some kind of informal monitoring from a manager as the office settles into using it, to prevent gaming the numbers and other abuses.

Bonus.ly has solved the peer-to-peer reward system quite neatly, for us. The benefits are a greater sense of camaraderie within teams, and also a healthy spirit of cooperation between teams.

Bonusly review by C S.
C S.

"Bonusly is a great way to reward people"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is a great way to reward people and get rewarded yourself. Even if its for a small thing that the person has done its great to be able to recognise that effort

What do you dislike?

Losing points at month end as I need to ensure that I get them handed out during the month, sometimes you get to busy you forget

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool to recognise people within your company

It recognises people outside of your team for helping with anything from small things to big things. This is grat because sometimes you dont really work with people outside your team on a daily basis.

Bonusly review by Christine P.
Christine P.

"Nice, but only if people actually use it"

What do you like best?

Flexible rewards, extra money is always nice

What do you dislike?

The consultants are all about bonusly, but my dev team just doesn't think about it. It ends up being slightly distracting (an extra thing to deal with), and can attach a value to something that previously was just something people did to be nice (ex: I brought in a baked good, didn't get any bonusly, and was like, why would I even bother doing this again? Whereas before, people enjoying the baked goods would be a sufficient reward)

I honestly don't know why they got it.

Bonusly review by User in Computer Software

"Bonusly is the funniest and and most engaging peer-reconition tool you can think of!"

What do you like best?

The concept of encouraging co-workers to praise each other is already great. Bonusly makes it easy, interactive. The best part is that it translates into real perks, that each person can decide how to claim. On top of that, the fact you can add gifs and memes to your comments and having other people join the conversation really turn this into a funny, enjoyable tool.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I can't think of anything I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use hashtags that relate to your business and company values, helping your team to experience those values on a daily basis.

I think the recognition among peers (created or improved by Bonusly) really helps the company environment to be more collaborative and relaxed.

Bonusly review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for workplace culture"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to make a colleague know that you appreciate their help. I think it's a nice way to peers to recognize each other and create a positive culture of working hard and helping each other out. The software itself is SUPER easy to use and self-explanatory. Never had any issues with Bonusly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's an awesome tool. Easy to give bonuses, easy to redeem rewards, definitely worth having on any team.

Recognition in the workplace. I find Bonusly beneficial because you can easily let your colleagues and team members know that you appreciate their help or hard work on a project. Normally, this type of recognition would just be handled by managers but I think it's great to be able to reward your peers no matter how small the bonus.

Bonusly review by User in Internet

"Great way to incentivize collaboration"

What do you like best?

It encourages people to show their appreciation of what colleagues do for them. Thanking someone is nice and all, but a thank you isn't always enough to motivate people to do favors or to put effort into a task that will ultimately not be linked to them.

What do you dislike?

People in internal support roles like HR, IT support, QA are bound to be rewarded much more often than those in outbound roles (sales, engineer, customer support). I don't care much about the monetary aspect - they may get $5-10 a month more than the other roles - but the constant tipping of some employees doing basic tasks repeatedly can go on people's nerves who also have a lot of work and complex tasks, just that nobody tips them for it.

Bonusly incentivizes collaboration. That's not to mean that getting some money out of it is the only good thing, but the display of someone's appreciation by sacrificing part of their monthly allowance to thank you. It also allows for tracking of certain tasks, who does them more often, who is most often rewarded, et cetera

Bonusly review by Caitlin S.
Caitlin S.

"Bonusly"

What do you like best?

I find it to be a fun, motivating way to reward colleagues and let them know that all their hard work and help doesn't go unnoticed

What do you dislike?

there are minimums on some of the gift card options, and if you don't give away all of your points before the end of the month it disappears. I think it would be a great idea to put any remaining points towards a charity if they aren't given away by the end of the month

Because I am offsite from our main headquarters, it gives me an opportunity to interact with my coworkers whom I do not see every day

Bonusly review by Sean H.
Sean H.

"Great for sharing successes and acknowledging great performance"

What do you like best?

It's easy to give rewards and you can really build up a collection of vouchers over time which is a nice surprise too.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike to be honest. Maybe there could be more info on the terms and conditions of the vouchers before you commit

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a simple to use tool that will improve the culture of appreciation and recognition at your company

It helps improve a working culture of publicly recognising and celebrating success. It also allows different teams to reward each other and build their relationships

Bonusly review by Administrator

"Recognition and reinforcing values and culture"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is so effortless and has seamless integrated in our day to day and in the habits of our team. Being able to customize it, we added our values as # to be able to reinforce something that was quite new and that we wanted to put a lot of focus on but on a blended way.

What do you dislike?

We have Bonusly integrated with Slack, which is great, but somehow the interface is so different that it affects the operational part. When changing the hashtags with the new values, I'm not able to autocomplete them while writing over slack when I'm perfectly fine on browser (Bonusly page).

Recognition, reinforcing values and culture and highlight what the company wants to highlight in terms of attituted, profiles, skills and behaviors.

Bonusly review by Gary S.
Gary S.

"Team and moral booster"

What do you like best?

Bonus.ly is brilliant as a team building tool and as a moral booster. Being able to immediately reward the efforts of a colleague is brilliant. Plus it is in your hands, not that of upper management or whatever, but you showing genuine appreciation to a colleague.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about bonus.ly. I know that sounds artificial, but it is true. I have zero complaints.

Team building, moral boosting, rewarding those who go beyond, helping those feeling low. This in turn brings out the best in people.

Bonusly review by ★ Bernat V.
★ Bernat V.

"Bonusly encourage collaboration!"

What do you like best?

All of it! The personal recognition encourages collaboration and teamwork spirit. It can be integrated with different platforms, it's very easy to use and you can include your company values.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I like the product and it's UX/IU. I love the functionalities and I can see the benefits of using it within the company. Every now and then get some bonuses and I buy gadgets and things in Amazon (I love this part).

Communication, collaboration, recognition, awareness, teamwork and promotes our values (we include them with hashtags)

Bonusly review by Nicholas A.
Nicholas A.

"Bonusly is incredible for morale"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is a great tool to make your employees feel appreciated. I love that I have a way to let everyone know when my colleagues do a great job. And I think this kind of praise encourages people to do a great job in the future.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was a way to block people from just trading bonusly.

A lot of people are quick to criticize and slow to praise. Bonusly helps us let everyone in our organization know how valued they are.

Bonusly review by Judith T.
Judith T.

"Bonus.ly has been a bonus for our company"

What do you like best?

We've been using Bonus.ly at TCG <http://www.tcg.com> for more than two years now, and it's part of our life. It's the way we recognize one another for all the little things and for the many big things we do for each other (We are collaborative. We prove our value). It allows us to send kudos within the company (We invest ourselves in the project) easily and often (We are intelligent) and to speak up when someone deserves it (We are fair, honest, and open). And the rewards pile up quickly (We value our families). One of the best things we've done for the TCG spirit -- Positively Distinct!

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything. It's all good. Thanks!

Bonus.ly allows us to share the kudos.

Bonusly review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best peer-to-peer recognition tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to recognize my peers as frequent as I like. I like that I'm also being elevated for the work I do on the day to day that would often just fall into "work as usual". Days like Birthdays and Anniversaries are meaningful. The rewards are really awesome as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike about Bonusly. The platform is progressive and great for any team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should go for it. Your team will love it!

We are solving many problems - employee engagement being the foremost issue - we've seen our organization evolve with the use of Bonusly from the very beginning.

"Straightforward and fun"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and simple without any fluff. It is easy to mention colleagues and reference a short list of hashtags quickly.

What do you dislike?

If you have a long list of hashtags available you cannot see the full list and will have to work from memory

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your users are engaged with the service. It may seem simple but it can become an item at the back of their minds. Having competitions involving sharing bonus points and setting up interesting and relevant hashtags are some good ways to stay engaged.

This is not my area of interest and cannot properly comment. As far as benefits, I feel more engaged with colleagues and rewarded by sharing bonus points and comments on bonuses.

Bonusly review by Brad P.
Brad P.

"This is a really cool idea, can work with the right team. But, I don't think think it's for everyone"

What do you like best?

It's novel, and generates some buzz. Put in front of the right people, this can really get people going, keen to achieve!

What do you dislike?

It can feel gimmicky, if that makes sense. Some people are not going to buy into something like this, but in the right context can work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team is not particularly motivated by mission, or passion, Bonusly can offer an exceptional alternative to engagement and participation. I don't think this tool is for every business, but if you know your people, I think you'll know whether or not Bonusly is for you.

Bonusly is just another tool in the arsenal of engagement and motivation. It can be useful with the right people, to motivate them in ways that otherwise would be unsuccessful.

Bonusly review by User in Computer Software

"Instant feedback & recognition"

What do you like best?

It's great to have something to allocate points right away, while the deed is still fresh in mind. Amazing that the points turn into physical recognition, and it should for people who do their best.

What do you dislike?

That people will soon start to do things for points and competitiveness is not that good when it's too much. Depends on the environment.

Recognition and positive reinforcement. This is encouraging feedback which is great, because people typically tend to forget when you've done something right and focus on what did not go as planned in companies.

Bonusly review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"A great way to give gratitude!"

What do you like best?

We love using Bonusly at work because it's a system for sending thanks or publicly shouting out a coworker. They send you reminders throughout the month to give your Bonusly points away to others who deserve recognition. Then, you can use the points you've received to choose your own reward, which so many options ranging from gift cards to company swag!

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Bonusly - if anything, they could send more reminders near the beginning of the month to give away points.

Bonusly builds morale as coworkers show gratitude to one another for anything they wish to! This definitely builds positivity and strengthens relationships.

Bonusly review by Blake C.
Blake C.

"Bonusly, ftw!"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is a great tool to recognize team mates and use in a quasi economic system to get things done. I like the multimedia options when giving Bonusly. Makes the posts fun and exciting.

What do you dislike?

I think Bonusly is missing an opportunity in mobile. Please do more with mobile. Start there and make the experience the best it can be. Make it fun and exciting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot.

I believe more employees are recognized because of Bonusly.

Bonusly review by User in Internet

"Bonusly... the GREAT motivator"

What do you like best?

I love being able to provide a continuous loop of positive feedback. It is a great little surprise when someone recognized or acknowledges the little things you do that help them out.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that would be beneficial it to catch when people are failing to use Bonusly for its actual intention and instead are trading.

It helps build a positive environment for extra collaboration across the board. I use it both during new hire training session to get new hires attention and to praise someone for helping out. My job takes me across different departments where I might not be familiar with protocol, so a little praise goes a long way.

Bonusly review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Bonusly is a great idea to recognize your staff."

What do you like best?

I find Bonusly a great means to identify and recognize staff that is positively impacting our business. It also brings recognition to those who are making a difference. Since we have started Bonusly our culture within in our company has positively improved. All levels within our company look forward to being recognized along with complimenting their fellow co-workers. The interaction of all staff has greatly been increased and those individuals are seeking each other out to resolve issues and increase outcomes that benefits the comany.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't a negative I can write about as this tool has positively impacted our company. Bonusly is been a very good tool to help understand the dynamics within our company and also allow different segments or departments to communicate and support each other. I believe that when evaluating the program a company makes out of the process what they put into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool to influence positive change within any company.

Through positive reinforcement through recognition we are changing the dynamics within our company. The company from all levels of employment are equal and the sharing of recognition by identifying positive outcomes has increased other factors that have influenced our company to flourish. This process has allowed to increase communication and identify positive changes that increases the productivity of business.

Bonusly review by User in Information Technology and Services

"We celebrate each other more"

What do you like best?

Someone in the office will start a Bonusly storm, normally near the end of the month, and we'll all give away about 50 points in one go spread amongst a few people - but it means we all find out from each other what we've been up to. In my part of the office, we all work on our own projects so Bonusly has meant we celebrate our success more within the wider team.

What do you dislike?

The compulsory hashtags can be a bit annoying; but we've just started making up our own (which are getting increasingly ridiculous and long!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worthwhile as an internal rewards programme that is directed by the employees rather than management. We celebrate each other (sometimes for small things that would otherwise go unnoticed) and it creates a good vibe in the office.

I guess the celebrating each other bit. I'm not a decision maker in my company but as an employee have felt the benefit of how it benefits the team dynamic. And the rewards are nice too!

Bonusly review by User in Internet

"Amazing recognition program to keep employees healthy!"

What do you like best?

Getting to recognize my peers and be recognized for working hard! I love getting and receiving bonusly to brighten others day. They even have an option to donate to non profits which has been awesome too. This is one of the highlights of working here - I think it adds a sense of loyalty to our company. We know that they not only value us and our work, but that they want to reward us and give us tangible thanks!

What do you dislike?

Only having 100 a month to give out. I used to think that there were not a lot of options for gift cards, but they have added a lot of new places which has been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out! Your employees will absolutely love it!!

Keeping morale high - giving employees extra incentive to go above and beyond! Giving people a greater sense of ownership in their work - and feeling more valued. It's such a great way to show appreciation to employees - and adds to a great company culture!!

Bonusly review by Tony S.
Tony S.

"Two years on bonus.ly, only getting better"

What do you like best?

I like how new features keep being released. The Slack integration works well in our organization.

What do you dislike?

The website UI is a little too large text/bright colors for me.

We have a "high-five" culture of praising our co-workers when they go above and beyond or provide excellent service. Bonusly is a way to call that out quickly, and it provides incentive for users to continue to excel, build points, and trade them in for gift cards.

Bonusly review by User in Computer Software

"An easy and simple way to promote peer recognition"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is an easy way to let my peers know what I value most of their work and an easy way to promote peer recognition.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, the application has worked great with us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what you want to give away with Bonusly, if it's real cash or other point based prices.

We are a work from home company, so it's not always easy to know what other peers think, so Bonusly gives us a way to congratulate peers with small bonuses that everyone controls.

Bonusly review by Sancar S.
Sancar S.

"Great way to show colleagues recognition"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is easy to use and is a simple way to show your fellow colleagues that you appreciate them. Our company uses Bonusly a lot and you see bonuses being shared with people for all sorts of reasons—anything from someone helping someone else out with a small task to being a source of inspiration.

What do you dislike?

The design of the platform isn't my favourite thing but it's not a game changer.

Motivate and encourage fellow employees.

Bonusly review by John P.
John P.

"A great way to thank a colleague"

What do you like best?

The thing i like about Bonusly is that it allows you to thank a colleague for everyday things they help with, its a small token to give, but to me says a lot for your to recognize someone and have the entire organization be able to see it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, I love the Bonusly platform, as do all of my colleagues

thanking all of my colleagues for their hard work each and everyday

Bonusly review by Yessica G.
Yessica G.

"Great tool for peer feedback and recognition"

What do you like best?

The easy way to give feedback to our colleagues, using tags

What do you dislike?

You have the option to "reply to a group bonus" adding more bonus.ly but you don't have the option to include an extra person if it was forgotten on the initial bonus :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to promote team feedback and recognition between colleagues and values of the company

Good tool for public feedback, recognition, better communication when projects work great

Bonusly review by Chris P.
Chris P.

"A great way to reward colleagues"

What do you like best?

It's nice to give something back. I'm a big fan of saying thank you and now wish I had a way to give people points when they do me a favour in real life as well.

It's also good fun playing around with the #'s as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of the #'s are a little stilted and the work doesn't fit the #.

Recognising teamwork and other people for their good work.

Bonusly review by Jess C.
Jess C.

"Enhance morale in the work place"

What do you like best?

I like that everyone gets to see how each other is contributing to the business in a positive way. It helps others work on grey others. I feel that this gets all employees involved as they get an incentive plus positive feedback.

What do you dislike?

I was thinking that everyone gets the same bonus, but to keep the same morale, that would still be beneficial to a business. So keeping that, everyone gets the same amount of bonus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very inexpensive and worth it.

I need more people involved and to be more enthusiastic about the company. Incentives do help work morale and productivity.

Bonusly review by Joanna P.
Joanna P.

"Recognize your employees in a fun way!"

What do you like best?

A great way of recognizing your teammates and people you collaborate with across the company. As an HR person, I can recommend it to engage people in giving more open and frequent feedback. It's very fun to use, good UX.

What do you dislike?

I had some problems in some browsers in the past. I could use more redeem options. I'm not 100% convinced about recognizing with money.

Employee recognition and having fun!

Bonusly review by User

"Give continuous feedback easly "

What do you like best?

It's easy to use; Everybody get's to know why they have been rewarded. Good things are rewarded and everybody likes to be recognised. this is the perfect tool for that. Peer recognising.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a particular complaint about Bonusly. People tend to give positive feedback only, Maybe You guys can promote people to give constructive feedback, to make things inside of the organisation better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super recommend Bonusly to turn people more close and informed inside the organisation

We can have a better view of what other team members are doing, people we don't work directly. It's really fun to know people's achievements inside our organisation.

Bonusly review by Joe S.
Joe S.

"Bonusly has been awesome for training!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to give a shout out to employees and new hires who have stood out.

What do you dislike?

I'm sure you hear this a lot i wish there were more vendors to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an awesome way to encourage kudos company wide!

Micro Recognition. In training its difficult to be able to recognize everyone in an impactful way. Bonusly has allowed us to achieve that.

Bonusly review by Sally B.
Sally B.

"Great for quick, fun recognition."

What do you like best?

Very quick to use, integrates with slack, hilarious gifs. You can recognize your co-workers, not just bosses recognizing employees. Also, it's great to be able to redeem your points for your choice of rewards. Bonusly has a great amount of rewards to choose from.

What do you dislike?

To use the gif, you have to go to the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate it with Slack and create a "Praise" channel.

Recognition! This is a great way to recognize teammates without having to be a supervisor or anything, you can recognize your peers.

Bonusly review by Jepser B.
Jepser B.

"Shows appreciation in a good way"

What do you like best?

In the latest version, the way you add coworkers and ability to add random hashtags are one of the features I really like.

What do you dislike?

The interface is functional but it could be more dynamic, it fills kind of old school or formal for me.

Shows appreciation to your coworkers, that's amazing! Now when somebody does the extra mile is easier to return the favor back with "Typecoins".

Bonusly review by Siddharth P.
Siddharth P.

"Next version of Appreciation"

What do you like best?

The best part of bonsuly is you can appreciate anyone at any point of time. That's the best way to thank someone.

What do you dislike?

At this point of time, I have not come across any particular thing which I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, a must use app for your firm to improve the productivity of employees by rewarding them with exciting gifts and vouchers.

Employee Recognization, Boosting Employees morale.

Bonusly review by Sherif A.
Sherif A.

"Very Good Tool for your company"

What do you like best?

Motivation and having some bonuses in forms of non-monetary way

What do you dislike?

People can give bonsuly points to whoever; so it could be the same persons with no limitations. The circle of giving and receivong will be the same

Resolving the fact that the company doesn't have real bonus programmes. Also enhancing the team building at the company by the idea that employees reward other fellow employees.

Bonusly review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"A great tool for peer engagement and employee reward"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to give bonusly to colleagues, and it's fun to redeem rewards. In our office, we are always promising bonusly for things, whether productive or just fun!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get caught up in points and forget that altruism can be its own reward :-)

Our company's use of Bonusly is one of the company culture feature that distinguishes it positively from past employers.

"COMPANY CULTURE CURRENCY"

What do you like best?

Sometimes you have to ask other in other departments that you don't know to well to do you a favor though you may not be their boss or friend. Sprinkling a little bit of bonusly their way goes very far and they will remember you and be more likely to help you faster the next time around!

What do you dislike?

There is not many things I dislike about bonusly but if there was one I would say that people often trade them which is not the fault of bonusly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product that helps employees connect with each other and even have a little fun with the messages they send over.

The benefits I have seen are you not only feel like you can thank someone you work with but you can also gain rewards for sometimes just doing your job!

Bonusly review by Tom H.
Tom H.

"A good way to boost staff moral and output day to day."

What do you like best?

I like how staff are incentivised to help each other, this boost collaboration and helps to raise standards across the business.

What do you dislike?

Bonuses can become a popularity contest which can then fuel resentment among staff.

Bonusly allows staff to give each other micro-bonuses for exemplifying company values, providing an incentive to work more collaboratively and in a way that is in tune with those values.

Bonusly review by User in Internet

"Bonusly makes people feel appreciated and included"

What do you like best?

I love that bonusly points are so easy to give to people—there's no approvals process or rules surrounding what does and does not make you eligible to receive bonus.ly. It just lets people show their appreciation for their coworkers super quickly while their good work is still relevant and fresh, which makes people feel good about making an impact. It's also really fun—everyone gets creative with their hashtags and slip in little jokes here and there. It's almost like a bonding experience.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I could see being an issue is that the people who don't get bonusly often, may feel underappreciated or left out—the exact opposite effect of those that do get recognized through the tool.

Widespread employee recognition and engagement. Besides slack, I've never seen usage of an internal tool as popular as this one.

Bonusly review by Krista B.
Krista B.

"Perks that Pay - and in ways that you ACTUALLY want and can use! "

What do you like best?

That the things I am available to redeem my bonusly points on are things I ACTUALLY like/want. So many options and all great!

What do you dislike?

(I wish they counted for more - but who doesn't!) ;-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

You guys are doing GREAT!

Bonusly makes me feel appreciated and pays for the work that I do for my co-workers, without requiring any monetary commitment from the parties involved.

Bonusly review by User in Internet

"Bonusly is great for showing your appreciation!"

What do you like best?

Bonusly is a great way to incentivize our whole team to give credit where credit is due. It's also a fun team building experience to collaborate across departments and feel like a vital part of the company.

What do you dislike?

I wish we had a larger limit on monthly bonusly. I usually run out mid month to give out to my colleagues for doing a great job.

Increased communication across departments and morale are all being increased. Plus it's a nice bonus that I have options with how I want to cash out my points. I've definitely paid an electric bill using Bonusly before.

Bonusly review by James D.
James D.

"Good motivator"

What do you like best?

Bonusly creates a buzz around the teams and company and is a great way to say thanks to those you work with

What do you dislike?

Only downside is that for some claims, you need a minimum amount of points before you can claim.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely recommended!

People are more willing to help and willing to put in more effort if they know bonusly points will be received.

Bonusly review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"Bonusly is amazing"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use. The user interface is incredibly intuitive without a whole ton of unnecessary bells and whistles, and makes boosting morale and connecting with coworkers across the office a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Really not much to dislike about Bonusly. Sometimes I wish there were more recommended hahtags but honestly the provided ones are sufficient.

We're able to recognize hard work done well and show out appreciation for our coworkers. This boosts morale, which is so important yet often overlooked by employers.

Bonusly review by User in Veterinary
User in Veterinary

"Fun and rewarding"

What do you like best?

This is a great way for not only myself to reward those that I work with everyday, but their peers can reward them as well. Staff can claim great rewards to use in everyday life.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that the point to dollar amount was a little more. It just seems you have to get so many points to cash in for a substantial amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way for staff to show how thankful they are for extra help around work.

We are getting people out of the "clicks" and they get rewarded for helping those in different departments.

Bonusly review by Laura A.
Laura A.

"Bonusly is great for rewarding employees"

What do you like best?

I like that you can build up the points to get GREAT rewards

What do you dislike?

They increments of redemption. Also, there could be a qty so multiple can be bought at one time.

I think we have rewarded our employees with a extra and it lets them know they are appreciated

Bonusly review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Bonusly is a great way to reward colleagues "

What do you like best?

Being able to give a pat on a back but also have that turn into actual rewards that the staff can redeem makes you feel like your extra effort is worth something

What do you dislike?

While rewarding colleagues is great it is far to easy to have other staff add to the bonus with oalotf points meaning for one act a staff member may receive 20 points over 10 or so staff adding to the bonus then suddenly the reward outweighs the reason

With Bonusly we are now public able to recognised staff accomplishments or assistance as we have integrated this into slack

Bonusly review by Byron A.
Byron A.