Bootstrap

Bootstrap is a HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.

Work for Bootstrap?

Learning about Bootstrap?

Bootstrap Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 51 Bootstrap reviews
Bootstrap review by Kyle P.
Kyle P.

"A must for modern front-end development"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap takes the guesswork out of making elements display correctly, and conforming them to multiple screens. If you can visualize layouts in your mind as a sort of grid, chances are you can learn Bootstrap.

What do you dislike?

The bootstrap knowledge base website doesn't seem to be helpful in solving specific problems - I mostly have to rely on forums like Stackoverflow to get help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User must be proficient in floating div-based HTML layouts; must be able to effectively use a web inspection software such as what is found in Chrome or Firefox (i.e. Firebug). I highly recommend stepping through any site you build in a variety of screen sizes to make sure your sections appear as intended - use Google's screen emulator.

We are strategic partners with an e-Commerce platform whose 2.0 environment is built with Angular and bootstrap. With it, we can create store sites for our customers from layouts to Bootstrap-specific apps such as rotating carousels, lightboxes and hover zoom functionality.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bootstrap
Bootstrap review by Michelle G.
Michelle G.

"Very Intuitive and Easy to Implement and Expand Upon for custom creations"

What do you like best?

At first I was against using bootstrap because I like to do everything from scratch. But after using Bootstrap framework for my sites, I was hooked! Not only is the framework all-encompassing, but its super fast too! I really love how you can pick and choose your features and compile the code ... or just use their CDN for quickuse. Out of the box, is is a clean and aesthetically pleasing template with the ability to expand further. It even has workarounds for IE 7! Such a nice looking framework with a ton of extra features with the ability to customize!

What do you dislike?

Not crazy about the NPM Build Tools ... not user friendly and still having issues with customizing which components i want without including the entire Utilities and Components librariers. The build tool doesn't give parent objects associated with some of the components, so when you try to compile without a component, it doesn't work properly.

I use bootstrap as my main responsive framework for all websites. I even implement it when having to set up ecommerce sites, account-access sites, database-driven sites and more. It is an easy to setup and use framework that allows me to just type out my code intuitively.

What Mobile Development Frameworks solution do you use?

Bootstrap review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"The standard for responsive web frameworks"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap has been around forever, and is probably still the most responsive framework. The grid system is simple to understand, and it allows you to quickly develop mobile responsive sites. Many components are also included out of the box, which reduces the need for various plugins.

What do you dislike?

It's become so ubiquitous in web design that you can almost always tell when a site is using it just by looking at it. There are advantages and disadvantages to that, but it certainly is part of a trend of convergence in web design. The library is also considered a bit "heavy" by some developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every designer and front end developer should at least get the basic concepts of bootstrap. You can choose to use another framework, but many web applications built in the era of smart phones rely on bootstrap or a similar framework.

We recently redesigned our site to be much more mobile friendly by leveraging the grid framework and helper classes in bootstrap. Making use of the grid system for layout, in addition to the helper classes, allows us to write fewer lines of css and rely on the framework to do the heavy lifting for layout across devices.

Bootstrap review by Jim R.
Jim R.

"A great introduction to streamlined responsive design"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I love the entire concept.

This is a great alternative to CSS3 and tracking all special individual Media Queries manually.

Rather than worrying about manually figuring and tracking if a device is mobile and being used as portrait or landscape, simply call the predefined variables (@portrait/@landscape) and you're set.

You can also create your own variables to help with your development, you can declare colors, widths, sizes or font-families and use the variables throughout your styling. If you need to change anything, just change the variables and you're set!

The overall styling of Bootstrap is a home-run too. The buttons are nicely rounded and come with 5 preset "statuses" so you can easily toggle color depending on the class.

What do you dislike?

Due to all the version updates and integrations across the web, it's a bit difficult to get this to play nice with Drupal. Sure, there's a module that you can install, but you still need to get into the core files and make sure your Bootstrap paths are correct, and 9 times out of 10, you'll need to go to Bootstraps main site, download a new file and override what Bootstrap initially gives you, after some time it works, and when it does, it's great, it's just the extra legwork that I don't like.

Lastly, If you want to do anything special with that mobile menu, get a cup of coffee and dive in. Editing that menu tends to be the hardest aspect for my installs. Something never triggers immediately right from a fresh install, and a bit of script editing and function calling needs to occur to get it running smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though this is great for hitting the ground running.

If you're an avid Developer and don't want to add a better mobile experience to your projects without all the fluff this solution might provide, do a search for "CSS Flexbox" and enjoy!

It's becoming more browser compliant and development is much more light weight.

Easily integrating and transitioning static sites to be responsive.

I also use Bootstrap as my foundation for all my web design programming.

Bootstrap review by Janene S.
Janene S.

"Easily Create Great Websites"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap basically took very standard parts of web design and development and created a very simple, expedited way to build great-looking, responsive websites. What I like best about Bootstrap is that you can find a lot of documentation, tutorials, code snippets, and even platforms to test your code, so if you only know HTML and CSS you can build pages (if not sites) in the Bootstrap framework. It's not hard to get from point A to point B.

What do you dislike?

None yet (we currently implement with Version 3, so not sure what will happen with migration to V4, since there were lots of changes).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't know what to do? Google it. There are a substantial number of resources out there to help Bootstrap users solve coding problems.

Our websites are built in the Higher Logic platform, and became far easier to customize once they transitioned to the Bootstrap framework.

Bootstrap review by Josie N.
Josie N.

"Take the guess work out of web design."

What do you like best?

The Bootstrap platform is well documented and concise. The grid template takes the guess work out of columns, rows, containers etc.. In addition, with Font Awesome integrated no need for extra coding of style sheets. There is so much to recommend Bootstrap, all headers are built into the framework, all font sizes. block quotes, pull quotes, carousels, video code and everything is responsive. Since Bootstrap is widely known there are many free templates available online that can easily be customized for your needs. There are many sites dedicated to showcase pages, objects and tutorials based on bootstrap. Code can be re-purposed over and over again which is also a time saver.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, everything is well thought out and does not fail or break. It would be nice if plugins were created that could easily be called upon. There are times when we have to call external JavaScript snippets and it would make the process go faster. Other than that it is a wonderful and comprehensive product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, it is easy to learn and will make your workflow faster, best of all it is free!!

In my current profession, web design, we create responsive web pages that are interactive and engaging, all thanks to Bootstrap. Prior to this we had to manually code every aspect through css and if you haven't had the chance to find out, clearing div's can be a pain!

Bootstrap review by Mital L.
Mital L.

"Bootstrap booty"

What do you like best?

I am a developer rather than designer and will quite honestly hold my hands up and say that front-ends are an art form in themselves. Where bootstrap has helped sooo much is that I no longer have to pore all that thought into look and feel. Bootstrap is UI by osmosis. We all recognise it's features and along with things like font-awesome, the GUI is heading towards a singularity. Aside from the philosophical, I love the widgets and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Not an awful lot at all. I have been using lots of free plugins for bootstrap and they all work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a web developer, you cannot easily ignore bootstrap. Why reinvent the wheel? I tried many times and I can tell you now, round ones work best.

Quick, professional GUIs are standard. Code has become better separated, just looking tidier and neater. I use a free bootstrap based dashboard and set of menus that just makes things so easy and quick. In ye olden days, many hours would have been pored into custom js and html.

Bootstrap review by Ruslan D.
Ruslan D.

"Using bootstrap as a main frontent framework"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap is mobile-first framework and it's grid system is very usefull. It is also very comfortable to use with Ruby on Rails. There is a huge bootstrap community. Everyone can improve bootstrap by sending pull requests to bootstrap's official github page. And by the way I also tried to improve bootstrap (you can see it on the screenshot that I have attached). In general, it is difficult to underestimate this beautiful leading framework. I think that everyone should try it and then they would 100% love it.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike in Bootstrap. It is always possible to overwrite css and js. Maybe it makes sense to create some more default themes and templates to show newbees how bootstrap works. I know that there are a lot of high quality themes but not all of the developers have money or a wish to buy them. That is why I think that adding more free themes and templates is a good idea.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it.

It helps developers to create frontend easily and quickly. Also it is easy to create responsive mobile-first frontend. If you are backend developer and you don't want to learn frontent deeply, than bootstrap is a perfect tool to create good looking interfaces. If you are a startup founder than you are (probably) want to develop your product lean (it is also called "Bootstrapping" :) ) and bootstrap is a great tool for it.

Bootstrap review by Rahul C.
Rahul C.

"A much needed tool for simple designers."

What do you like best?

A good lot of people are simple designers i.e. they do programming, they make websites, and since they already have enough on their plate, they do not bother to fully learn and understand the intricacies of awesome CSS and SASS world. I feel you guys because I am one such guy. Tools like Bootstrap comes to the rescue.

- Modular Design: which means every component works independently. Newbie designers like us are bound to mix different components because of which changing one tiny pixel on the page rearranges the entire screen. With Bootstrap, these are already taken care by CSS gurus, and if you follow their guidelines, you will never face such issues.

- Optimized and Tested: which means peace of mind. When I design a page, I am certain that this would not change on a production system, or on different browsers.

- Supports Different Screen Sizes: This is automatic. Just make sure to follow the guidelines, follow the grid styles, and you are good to go.

- Thinking in Grid: I don't know if they came up with the idea of grids or this was an old concept, but I love it. Thinking in terms of grids helps me design better.

- Consistent and Flexible Design: The same dialog is used in my entire website. It gives user a consistent feel. The shape and size of dialog are flexible and depends on how you use it, but the look and feel is same.

- Its free.

What do you dislike?

Bootstrap is good for a lot of things, but it not perfect. It is maturing fast though. Here are a few things I dislike about it:

- Upgrade: It is not easy to upgrade you bootstrap versions. E.g. I was first using Bootstrap 3, and then they launched the alpha version of Bootstrap 4, and though they have insturctions for migration, it requires code hunting and you will always have the feeling - "Did I do it correctly? What if I messed something up?". So I started fresh with Bootstrap 4. Would love to see if they can come up with an easier upgrade solution.

- Slow Upgrade: Its been so long since they are in alpha phase of Bootstrap 4. Common, go to beta phase you guys.

- Limited Components: There are a lot of components, but a lot more can be done. E.g. eagerly waiting for slideshow type component for displaying pictures (not carousels). More JavaScript intensive components will be welcomed.

- One Design Components: All the components come in one design only. E.g. the carousel has just one design. This means anyone who uses Bootstrap will have the same carousel. This sometimes feel cheap. You can naturally override those designs however you like, but I would love for them to give users options for different designs.

- Extra Components: There are a few extra components like add-on components like tether. Adding these extra components means bigger stylesheets. Would love for them to be pre-bundled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my humble opinion, if you qualify below points, you should consider Bootstrap.

- You are a small team or single developer.

- You don't have the proper expertise for CSS.

- You are just designing an initial version of your app.

- You want a fully tested, and small stylesheet.

- You want your website to work in all screen sizes.

- You need a free solution.

I am a single developer who runs and maintains a small e-commerce website as my side project. So naturally I have to do architecture, coding, data layers, caching, data pipelines, and what not. On top of this, when I had to design webpages too, I didn't have the time or expertise to do so.

I did not know about Bootstrap back then. But in some seminar or something I had just heard that twitter had released some style classes for their buttons. I wanted to use those button styles. While searching for those styles I realized they didn't just release their button styles but there is an entire framework that is available for use.

Just reading Bootstrap documentation is enough to make you realize its benefits.

Benefits:

- Saves time because you now work with components instead of core CSS classes.

- Mobile ready. Yup. Works seamlessly in almost all screen sizes.

- Manageable for one single developer. Take my word for it. I currently design and maintain 40+ webpages along with other programming tasks I mentioned.

- Works well with other vendors. Just because each component is separate, you can have components from other vendors as well, and that won't break a thing. Cool.

Bootstrap review by Jean Gérard B.
Jean Gérard B.

"Bootstrap is just awesome for web developers"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can just kickstart my project by adding Bootstrap. It's mobile first, responsive for larger screens, has a lot of components that I can copy from the documentation and drop in my projects.

What do you dislike?

Two main downsides of Bootstrap is that it's big in size. It's almost 150 KB (CSS and JS) and it's really not ideal to pull it in if your project needs to be unique and have the budget for it. An other downside is its look. Since most developers use it, their sites end up looking almost the same. But Thanks to its modularity you can just choose to use the CSS (Less) and JS (each plugin comes separated) components you want/need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bootsrap is a good front-end framework to help kickstart your project if you are a developer not too much experienced with CSS. It's mobile first and has a ton of components ready to use.

I use Bootstrap in almost all my web projects where I need the site/web app to be responsive, have nice components such as modals, buttons, grids and more... It's really a life saver for developers who are not well versed into CSS or don't have the time and budget to go fully custom.

Bootstrap review by Jeep C.
Jeep C.

"A simple to use HTML framework"

What do you like best?

The learning curve is not steep at all. As a sound engineer, I often have to help my colleges to master sound, and what's better than creating detailed documentation through websites? With the simple and nice looking bootstrap templates, I can quickly and easily create documentation for my colleges to benefit from. Also, its responsive design allow users to view my documentation user-friendly with all devices.

What do you dislike?

For my profession, customisation is not required. Although to many, bootstrap seems "default" and not creative, but for me, it doesn't really matter. However, I would say that they may add new more components such as parallax.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's open source! Give it a try as it is a simple and effective way in creating websites. I recommend this framework for other people to create documentation of one's work. For me it was very effective in teaching my colleges and interns without my presence.

I use bootstrap to create documentation vis-a-vis sound engineering for my colleges and new interns. This was useful as I did not need to spend a lot of time working on websites and make it good looking. Its grid system was especially useful because it is easy to use and provides a nice layout.

Bootstrap review by Fan D.
Fan D.

"A quick, easy, concise startup HTML/CSS/JS framework"

What do you like best?

The magic grid layout, including desktop and mobile version all-in-one.

It can be customized by LESS or SASS code.

It contains lots of basic features for startup, such as modal, pagination, responsive image.

What do you dislike?

Some documentations of JS plugins are not easily to understand, e.g. optional parameter are given without a valid example.

Some UI effect are very plain not fancy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bootstrap is good for developing a good looking small website or a prototype of website. All basic features are integrated, and easy-to-use. By using their magic grid layouts, a beautiful website supporting responsive on desktop and mobile platform can be easily achieved.

We are working on O2O website. We need a easy use front-end toolkit to help us develop a prototype and basic scaffold. We choose Bootstrap because of it is a free and the most popular front-end toolkit and has beed upgrade for many years. We can utilize its basic feature to develop a well-look website without specific UI designer.

Bootstrap review by Angela R.
Angela R.

"Savior For Non-Frontend Developers"

What do you like best?

I like that it enables developers who don't have enough knowledge and skill at client-side technologies to create web applications that doesn't only look modern and professional, but also responsive. My CSS skills are very poor but this doesn't prevent me from building a decent web application, all because of Bootstrap. It has easy to apply css classes to make the user interface look great. It also has a wide range of reusable components to use to build a functional web application. I also like that there are a lot of guides/tutorial out on the web, although the documentation on the Bootstrap official website is already easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike other than cases where I want to customize the reusable components a little bit, there's no obvious options to customize, or I just don't know how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bootstrap is the way to go if you're looking to build a web application in just a little amount of time, or if you have a functionality-wise already working web application but doesn't have the user interface you want it to have. It is very easy to follow and apply.

Building a decent web application when you don't have sufficient skills on client-side technologies. Bootstrap really lifts an ugly looking web application and fills up a lot of gaps a backend developer has.

Bootstrap review by Alonso P.
Alonso P.

"Very well Framework to Web Design"

What do you like best?

I like the way you can use it, because it has many information about how to use the framework, so and that way you can give a better mode to implement on your web site also if you have tools like Sublime text or Brackets, it will be so much easier. Honestly it is a powerful tool and has a great perfomance

What do you dislike?

Until now I don't have anything about Bootstrap that I dislike. The only thing is that it has so many information or so many ways of how you can implement this or that, so the only problem I can find it is Time, we don't have enough of that to use this tool in a 100%.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to Design a web site using HTML5 CSS3 and Javascript in an easy way or as a stater. I will recommend Bootstrap, it will everything so much easy to implement. You will learn fast and also you'll save time

Actually this I'm doing a Tutorial of how can use it because I got a web project and some friends advised me to give it a shot with this. And what I learnt and still learning, it is interesting

Bootstrap review by Luis Javier H.
Luis Javier H.

"best framework"

What do you like best?

What I like most is its easy to use and can be deployed very very very easy. its system of 12 columns that truth was a change when it comes to layout. I who am most of all I'm backend this framework hit me like a glove.

besides that has multiple threads that can be adapted to all projects you can do. it's great: D

What do you dislike?

well I can not really say I do not like it because I like really all of this framework. It is easy to use, implement, the formated is very good and with very good documentation. so far everything is perfect so I have no reason to say I do not like: D

Recommendations to others considering the product

With blind eyes would tell my friends developers using this framework, each time I have to teach a course at my university use this framework because whenever I can recommend it because it helps them a lot to people who start and do not haveIt is killing itself to be playing much css, just as classes implement and magic: D. all my colleagues are aware of this framework. so congratulations to this framework

As a developer has helped me to finish work for the company and personal projects. productivity is felt in the projects that I do and thanks to the framework as well have said term projects fast. My customers are sastisfechos. in each new version available for better things go.

Bootstrap review by Lucas G.
Lucas G.

"Easy to use, but kinda hard to master"

What do you like best?

Fast templating and examples. Super playground and easy to ensemble to test your site with. Super useful code snippet examples. Simple implementation of difficult components. Columns!

Also the design of the bootstrap's website is really well made and can be used to learn by inspecting it. The themes are really helpful also since you can pick one really quick to give a feel to your website.

The colors chosen.

What do you dislike?

Although is easy to start using, the customization is difficult since you have to deal with less.

Lack of specifications about the placement of the templates and nesting between them (I had have a lot of questions about that when developing my apps)

I would like for more easy customization of JavaScript components. For example the ability of specify the precise size of the modals instead of having predefined sizes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use only for when you want to make something simple or maybe if you want to create your own site design by extending it. But if you really want to create your own original design maybe start from scratch or go full blown and customize bootstrap's less.

Rapid mock templates to test work. And development of web application using custom less.

Also we are using it in our admin sites since there we don't require an excellent feel and look but we do need to look nice since the Business Development Manager is the one utilizing it.

Bootstrap review by brian yamanue b.
brian yamanue b.

"Kit to save time"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to set up and start to work. You just download, extract, put in your workplace and you are ready to use it. The workflow it's fast once you understand the simple concept behind boostrap. To understand how bootstrap works, you can go to the documentation where you will find examples from where you can learn.

What do you dislike?

Something you end up to a "bootstrap website" that in essensial it's a website with only the basics of bootstrap and can hurt your desing or what you intendent to be your desing. Also can be a little tricky sometimes to add new features to the themplate you're working.

One big issue we have among fellow developers is that no all are good designers so they lose a bunch of time trying to make their project look good or at least decent, with bootstrap, you can forget that problema and just focus on the develop, once you finish, you can take it to a designer who can work with what you have and all he ever need to do is focus in the design. piece of cake BUM!

Bootstrap review by Faisal H.
Faisal H.

"Easy-to-use and RESPONSIVE !"

What do you like best?

The fact that bootstrap can help create a fully-responsive web site is for me the biggest part of why i'm using bootstrap.

it would be simplier to list the thing i like the most:

- Responsive

- fully customisable interface

- model integration

- advanced grid system

What do you dislike?

Bootsrap can reveal as being a little tricky to customise some feature (like the dropdown menu of nav bars)

Actually its not something i dislike but from now it's the only thing that came on mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create your first website and with full mobile support, i recommend you using Bootstrap.

I'm a designer front end and Back end also. My deal with bootstrap is to upgrade a platform in order to improve user expérience.

actually i'm a junior and it has been 5 month with bootstrap, so actually i didn't realized benefits because the web site is still under developpement.

Bootstrap review by Joery Z.
Joery Z.

"Using Bootstrap on my personal site"

What do you like best?

I've been using Bootstrap for a few weeks now. It's easy to use and a great way to improve your website. Building a website can be limited by only using HTML5/CSS3 but with Bootstrap, it can be extended quite a bit. The most useful this is the grid in Bootstrap. Without it it's difficult to get objects/frames into place. This is much easier with Bootstrap.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I had using it was "getting into it", it was a bit difficult at first but I managed to learn the basics via Codeacademy. I also used various templates online to get ideas how to use Bootstrap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you hare having trouble with setting up a static webpage regarding layouts, consider using Bootstrap. It uses a grid system which makes it much easier to place objects/frames onto pages.

When you are building a website with HTML/CSS, you might run into some difficulties with getting frames/objects into place. This is much easier with Bootstrap.

Bootstrap review by Enmanuel D.
Enmanuel D.

"Bootstrap a good way to design!"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap is an easy way to implement pre designed styles and more. The grid is probably one of my favorite things, the font-icons are awesome, and it has a core for it which is amazing. Buttons are amazing and has a lot of code that you don't have to do manually so it saves you a lot of time, and time for programmers is really valuable.

What do you dislike?

One thing I don't like for bootstrap is that all the code you want to implement is in the HTML layer, so the HTML isn't gonna be that clean and it's probably going to be a little unreadable, the library is a little bit more heavy than other frameworks, for example jeet is a better grid and it's lighter, it keeps the html code clean and you only work under the css layer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think bootstrap is a pretty good framework but it has to be improved a lot, for example keeping the HTML layer clean is something frontends value a lot, and design has to be always in css, styles, not embedding code into properties and make the code dirty and not cleaner.

I've used bootstrap for a couple of projects, I'm actually working in a company that use it almost for everything, and it has been good in most of the cases, some times it has colision problems with another script but nothing to hard to solve.

Bootstrap review by Alexis R.
Alexis R.

"Bootstrap Framework"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap is just awesome, it has everything that you would need to create an html structure for your website. I honestly don't know why one would not want to use it.

It just takes care of so much boilerplate code, and the grid system is perfect. It would require a lot of time and energy to make your own grid system, test it, debug it, etc. Bootstrap gives it to you for free.

If you use Sass or Less, you can push the customisation to the maximum, and still keep the benefits of the underlying architecture.

Another point is that if you are bad at design and UI/UX, Bootstrap provides, a basic, but professional styling for you ready to use.

I more than highly recommend Bootstrap to anyone looking to build a responsive website.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't know what I could complain about Bootstrap, it's very well maintained, it's free, new versions come regularly and adapt to new web requirements. Like rewriting their Javascript modules in ES6.

Nothing to complain about this incredible, free, framework.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bootstrap is very easy to learn and to use, the documentation is very clear and rich. Just go for it.

Problems solved : Making a website responsive for mobile and pretty much any device.

Benefits realized : I gained invaluable time not writing it myself. Which would have taken a really big amount of time considering the capabilities of Bootstrap.

Bootstrap review by Haonan F.
Haonan F.

"Bootstrap Is Greate"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap is the best CSS framework I have ever used. It makes life much easier to develop a responsive and mobile friendly website. With Bootstrap, I can write much less code to develop a pretty good looking website. It saves me lots of work and easy to learn and use. It deserves its most-starred position in github. And Bootstrap is still evolving. Bootstrap 4 is coming soon and I think the preview is very awesome. Can't wait to use the new version of Bootstrap 4.

What do you dislike?

I want more fluent grid system rather than the standard 12 grids system. I think the next generation of Bootstrap can make good use of the new CSS3 features like flex-box instead of using flow box, which they do in Bootstrap 4. And I do not like that those well customized bootstrap themes are so expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best today. Never too late to use it if you can.

Building a website for production. It helps me a lot when making responsive design and mobile friendly website along with some amazing UI components.

Bootstrap review by Kin-hang T.
Kin-hang T.

"Lazy templete and grid "

What do you like best?

It provide a good layout and styling as well as responsive UI design.

There are plenty of theme that can adopt from the Internet with very low price, even free of charge resources.

The most important, it looks good. So that I can build a pro-like website with a minute.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to be customised, as a result all sites with bootstrap look same.

The styling tags are horrible and very long when comparing with other responsive grid system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bootstrap is populair enough to get many support online and many resources and extensions from bootstrap.

Also, it provides a foundation theme to let you site to be responsive UI and pro-like in a very short time.

In fact, many website software provide an option that with Bootstrap styling, and it is easy to switch from other grid systems into bootstrap within a day.

Last but not least, bootstrap support less and sass with a very friendly to designers and developers, off cause as well as the front-end users.

I build content management systems for companies. Bootstrap acts as a kind of foundation that let me free from 0 to scratch from the outlook, such that I can focus on business logic development and spend less effort to let my product to be mobile friendly. (when affect SEO) By adopting Bootstrap, my clients can change the site with many resources that can grab from the Net.

Bootstrap review by Esteban R.
Esteban R.

"Best CSS framework out there!"

What do you like best?

Grid system, CSS clases, Components, bootstrap has it all for backend or lazy frontend developers who want a quick head start on their project or just want a set of tools for quickly creating responsive mibole-first interfaces.

What do you dislike?

The grid system can be a bit messy sometime when you are nesting divs one inside another. So you better use a codelinter to check where you open and close the div's

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definetly use it, it's easy to use, you can build responsive websites or apps for any range of devices outthere and the best of all It's completly free!

I'm developing mobile-first and responsive websites.

Bootstrap review by User in Internet

"Bootstrap: The best way of dealing with CSS"

What do you like best?

The variety of elements.

Grid System.

Pre-Styled Elements.

With some of this elements, Bootstrap is the perfect tool to simplify the task of Web design and development, making possible of dealing with all resolutions with the Grid System and reduce work load on CSS development, which sometimes can be a hard task.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit tough to change some styles and adapt it to mobile. Also Bootstrap lacks in personalization. For instance, most of the websites in the web nowadays need to be responsive, but with the default styles of Bootstrap, all of them seem very similar, which isn't good for enriching creativity and make the difference in web design. Foundation framework works different in this area.

It's a great way of make good and responsive websites with low effort. Great support and community.

Bootstrap review by George William L.
George William L.

"Mobile First development, Still beautiful at large scale."

What do you like best?

Consistent design on all screen sizes, language heavily built around the concept of changing layout, size and positioning depending on the size of the screen.

Clean design with easy to change style.

Lots of online resources and very well made documentation.

What do you dislike?

A few oddities in design, like that sometimes padding needs to be set on top-nav if height set above a certain height and that not all modifier classes can be applied to elements which I feel like they could be useful for (like bg-primary on well.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lots of online resources and very well made documentation.

Building static web pages for sites.

Bootstrap review by Alvaro F.
Alvaro F.

"Easy way for laying out page content"

What do you like best?

Easiness of use (once you get the core concepts), lots of plugins, big community, lots of things already done for you, really complete and useful documentation really example abundant.

Responsiveness out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Lots of divs. Like everywhere. DIVS. DIVS EVERYWHERE (insert Buzzlightyear's meme).

Sometimes something will not work just because you didn't put it inside a div with whoknows what class.

Some kind of debugging app/plugin/utility as I've found myself several times wondering why something was not the way I wanted it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to learn the core concepts and be prepared to have to look at some examples and failures before you get exactly what you want.

Laying out of page for web app.

Bootstrap review by Cho Yin Y.
Cho Yin Y.

"Built for both dummies and experts"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap is an amazing CSS framework that allows a site to be built as quickly as possible, mobile responsive. One is able to build a simple website with the building blocs rather quickly and the learning curve is not steep at all. It is very interesting to see how students without prior knowledge succeed in creating a professional website after hours of study in HTML. Many say that websites built by bootstrap are homogeneous and boring, but I say otherwise - buildings blocs can be highly customised and some developers just make use of their responsive grid system to work on their website.

What do you dislike?

Although bootstrap does the job quickly, to customise the framework making a site look less default and Bootstrap requires more time. Using it and its colour themed Bootswatches may make a website look boring and seem to be made by beginners only, which is a disaster when one is trying to solve business problems. However, I overcome this by customising my own version of bootstrap to be used for my own projects, and use more css to override the default framework to make a website unique and indistinguishable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a beginner it is fine to use the default Bootstrap theme, but please consider customising personally Bootstrap for professional use.

I am a System Administrator at 229th Hong Kong Scout Group and Bootstrap definitely helped me in creating static websites to store different information. It saved me a lot of time from making everything from scratch which is time consuming. Also, for general purposes the use of the default Bootstrap is in some way pretty nice looking, despite being monotonous.

Bootstrap review by Hamza U.
Hamza U.

"Bootstrap does its job well"

What do you like best?

Its easy to implement, and with any sort of HTML/CSS experience it can be easily modified. It is clean, and is multi-platform which makes it powerful. Currently an industry standard in many ways for website implementation.

What do you dislike?

Bootstrap limits its users in some ways, and has ways to go before becoming a truly perfect framework. Community support is mediocre at best, and additional plugins and modifications are headed in the right direction but could definitely see improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy if you want a simple framework to get started with. Easy to customize. Would tell others to use. However mostly useful for static page. Does its job well but with more community support, plugins.etc, it could definitely become a much better product. Headed in the right direction for sure however. Combine bootstrap with a good interface such as sublime and you got yourself a functioning, well-made webpage.

Bootstrap however does make auto-layouts extremely easy, with image and text positioning and containers. For me personally, a static web-page was made easy with bootstraps container framework, helping to keep the page clean. Modifying the code after helped me to make it exactly how I visioned it.

Bootstrap review by Kevin Patrick W.
Kevin Patrick W.

"Quickly Implement rich UI/UX web and mobile web experiences"

What do you like best?

It makes it very easy to create web applications that work well both on the web and mobile. It is designed to be extendable and modified through css, less and sass for further customization. It helps to provide a structure to your web application so that the user experience easily flows from one section to the next.

What do you dislike?

The JavaScript components and functionality can be a bit trickier to get working and you will need a solid understanding of JavaScript and jQuery to further extend them. The design is quite opinionated from a UX standpoint and this usually means it aligns to whatever is in style (in vogue) at the current time. Before it was vibrant colors and lots of gradients, now it is flat styles and minimalism.

Quickly implementing rich UI/UX web and mobile web experiences. The benefits surely outweigh any downside to using bootstrap. It has helped me get a solid structure and basic CSS building blocks to further expand from, which is why it is called bootstrap.

Bootstrap review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"Robust Front-end Framework"

What do you like best?

The number of supported elements with at least basic CSS styling. The number of styled and styled/scripted components included in the framework. The ease of customization with a SASS port of the framework.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little bloated since you don't need all the supported elements and components for every project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider customizing your package download so that you don't have code to download that you won't ever use.

A starting point for my development. I don't have to reinvent the wheel for every project. I can get the work done faster and more efficiently.

Bootstrap review by Mohsin U.
Mohsin U.

"Awsome CSS + jQuery framework for creating responsive, grid based website."

What do you like best?

With Bootstrap's grid based system, usage of table for positioning elements no longer needed. Instead of tables, we use classes which they have designed to be responsive. Thus, elements change size depending upon device size. Further, it provides many classes to enhance various HTML5 elements, which are otherwise quite lifeless and boring.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I dislike is that it conflicts if used along with some other JavaScript/CSS framework. But again, its not Bootstrap's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do make your first website in Bootstrap. You can make such an awesome website in very few lines of code, which would not have been otherwise not possible using only html5 and css3.

I am using Bootstrap in the company I am intern in. It makes creating website from scratch so easy. The best benefit is the awesome online support it has.

Bootstrap review by Gaurav K.
Gaurav K.

"Excellent Front End Framework"

What do you like best?

I would definitely recommend using Bootstrap for writing User Interfaces for small Single page Web applications as well as complex website. It's simple, easy to use and comes with a well written documentation. I like it's grid system which is very powerful and allows you to create any type of layout you can visualize.

What do you dislike?

I find it some what difficult to customize the appearance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to build a web application.

It's help me put together a quick web application in shortest time.

Bootstrap review by David G.
David G.

"Very useful framework, can be difficult to get start but lots of examples online"

What do you like best?

Large number of examples, and it seems to be widely used on modern websites. The standard components (buttons, etc) mean that the website looks well and coherent.

What do you dislike?

Get accustomed to the 12 columns rule. Although necessary it can be difficult to get to grips with responsive design. More "Icon glyphs" would be nice also

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have had a good experience so far

Building a website that takes a minimal amount of code to maintain, and yet works well on mobile and desktop. The benefits are practical examples available of the getbootstrap.com website (collapsible navigation, etc) lead to a nice, clean website. It is also easy to start with default config and then update for customization (wider page width)

Bootstrap review by Julian S.
Julian S.

"Build responsive webs without dealing with css"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to build a responsive web with bootstrap. Reading the docs, you can do amazing things in a few hours. The documentation is awesome and the community behind is amazing.

What do you dislike?

If you want to do something that bootstrap does not include may be a little bit tedious.

Personal and Educational projects

Bootstrap review by User in Computer Software

"Use bootstrap when building my personal website"

What do you like best?

A good framework to build a webpage that gets properly rendered across different browsers and screen resolutions.

I am using JQuery, and it has several javascript plugins that using jQuery.

Good accross-browser Icons.

Good community support.

The templates, themes and plugins are FREE.

What do you dislike?

It's a huge frameworks that have many features which i rarely use.

Websites can start to look the same if you don't customize the styles and colors much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bootstrap is a great framework with all the basic styles and components needed (layout,buttons, form etc).

Support for major browsers including desktop and mobile, and it fixes CSS compatibility issues.

I am using it as a framework for me to build personal website. Therefore, i am not using it to solve business problems. The benefits that i realized is that it save me a lot of time to build a across-browsers website.

Bootstrap review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Reliable and flexible framework"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap's responsive grid is a tremendous productivity-booster. It lets me focus on the design and functionality of my websites without spending time going back-and-forth testing mobile responsiveness.

What do you dislike?

For projects with a lot of custom design, Bootstrap may be too much. There are plenty of scenarios in which I just need to use the Bootstrap grid or a few select components, but I still have to load the entire framework. Future versions will let developers pick and choose the components they need, but for right now it's all-or-nothing.

I help clients design and implement custom, responsive websites. Bootstrap's main benefit is that it significantly reduces the time required to get a prototype up and running. It also lays the foundation for future custom design, all in an easy-to-use and clear system.

Bootstrap review by Michel M.
Michel M.

"It’s the best front-end framework ever!"

What do you like best?

I like best the documentation and how easy it is to use grid and make responsive websites!

What do you dislike?

Actually I don’t dislike anything. It’s perfect!

When you build a website in a team, it’s easy to share the same build thinking, like a pattern!

Bootstrap review by Jose L.
Jose L.

"Fast Development UI"

What do you like best?

Twitter Bootstrap is a great frontend framework for develop, I like how quickly we can create UI of a very simple way, the learning curve is very short. It has a variety of css javascript components and very easy to implement, its grid system is great following the pattern of Mobile First. A large very active community and many exquisite documentation.

What do you dislike?

It is standard, dirty grid system a little html.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I recomended Bootstrap for fast develop User Intefaces (websites or apps).

I Develop With bootstrap apps and websites with Bootstrap.

Bootstrap review by G2 Crowd User in Design
G2 Crowd User in Design

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The Grid system and the responsive navigation are both of my most liked features. The way that Bootstrap handles images is also one of its better features.

What do you dislike?

The default look of bootstrap needs to be further customized if you want to truly stand out from the crowd. Basically, you want the great features of Bootstrap but you don't want it to look like Bootstrap.

Bootstrap allows us to build websites at a much faster rate. The grid system is ingenious and the whole framework is based around making the website as responsive as possible.

Bootstrap review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Working on a single page application since 5+ year using JQuery Bootstrap"

What do you like best?

I like most, Responsiveness that will work in every time of environment

What do you dislike?

Some times we need to use a little bit code of bootstrap and to include/load heavy files for it :(, but the good thing is we can use customize version.

We are providing communications between Senior Living Facilities.

Bootstrap review by Aniruddha B.
Aniruddha B.

"Beginner friendly CSS framework"

What do you like best?

* Ease of use

* Well documented

* A ton of plugins, themes

* Responsive framework to work on devices across all sizes.

* Very less learning curve

What do you dislike?

* Make all the websites using it similar

* Difficult to customize

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use bootstrap to rapidly build templates, but do work extra hard on customizing it.

* Responsive solutions for our legacy and current projects

* Consistent styling

Bootstrap review by Alexandre B.
Alexandre B.

"The base of frontend webdesign"

What do you like best?

- The grids system

- The whole css classes available

- Simple color system

- SASS ready

- Responsive design

What do you dislike?

The incompatibility with Browserify. Basic Bootstrap on npm aren't compatible with CommonJS format.

I develop websites for my clients. It's an easy way to get a clean an pro design without graphic designer.

Bootstrap review by Rupak A.
Rupak A.

"One of the best opensource project in UX"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use, Developer Documentation, A lot of custom plugins

What do you dislike?

A lot of Jquery. Boring default controls after a period of time

Quick Implementation of UI , Mobile Responsive

Bootstrap review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Web Developer thats used multiple web frameworks over the years and has settled on bootstrap "

What do you like best?

Simple, you can start using it in just one small part of one page in a site and build out from there.

It doesn't have any incompatibilities that have been show stoppers.

Easy adoption.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of things I have to explain to everyone that we teach it to, one off the top of my head is the clearfix class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work from the examples first, they have quite a few that are very helpful!

Responsive and Mobile development within a single site.

Bootstrap review by Pedro G.
Pedro G.

"OPINIÓN DESDE VENEZUELA ;)"

What do you like best?

Adaptive grid system, simplicity, adaptable to my needs

What do you dislike?

They lack make you more news about the menus, among other things

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to any colleague is easy to use and much expedite projects

Bootstrap because I finish my much faster web designs

Bootstrap review by Consultant

"Bootstrap a most popular framework for build awesome web applications"

What do you like best?

Bootstrap is easy-to-use and awesome framework for create simple or complex UI for website or web applications.

What do you dislike?

Build a UI with Bootstrap is easy but require attentions to use correctly all classes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation

With Bootstrap is easy to "modernize" a legacy website or web applications.

Bootstrap review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Bootstrap Experienced Professional"

What do you like best?

HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, & jQuery.

Different CSS3 & JS Libraries.

Photoshop , Illustrator

What do you dislike?

I rarely think about the things that bothers me ! :D

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the new Mobile Responsive Layout Era

Responsiveness for the older websites

converting older websites to be a newer responsive layout using bootstrap framework

Bootstrap review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"I love you bootstrap"

What do you like best?

Multidevice support and ease of use and learning

What do you dislike?

Not supporting RTL languages, that's all I want to be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use bootstrap if you want to design good looking websites

We are an online shopping website.

I realized that bootstrap makes designing websites very easy and very fast

Bootstrap review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Boostrap integration "

What do you like best?

Responsive design

Simpliest usage

Open source

What do you dislike?

Complicated when we want custom file for a website

I have trouble to making a responsive web site.

I used boostrap and a solve my problem.

I used it for other concerns about the layout.

Bootstrap review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Framework for mobile friendly web app"

What do you like best?

Easy to integrate into your website and web app

What do you dislike?

Latest version drop support for Font icon.

Responsive and mobile friendly web app.

Learning about Bootstrap?

* We monitor all Bootstrap reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.