G2 Crowd Acquires Siftery to Create a New Way to Buy and Manage Software Spend 馃殌

Box

(2,669 reviews)

Box lets you store all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share it from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce and access Box on mobile devices.

Work for Box?

"Accessible! "

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Box
Box review by Erika B.
Erika B.

"Good for storing documents that do not need frequent updates"

What do you like best?

Box functions very well for storing and sharing documents that do not need to be updated in real-time. I like the organization features that it allows, the ease to add new users, and the broad range of file types that you can add and preview while on the website. I prefer box for sharing background documents with team members.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to continuously update a document in real time and ensure that the new version is available in Box to all of the shared users. Usually you have to upload a new version if you want to make any edits available to all of the shared users in the folder.

Box helps to consolidate large amounts of documents that need to be shared across multiple users. We can assure that all team members have access to all of the information that they need in order to perform their roles and jobs. This especially helpful for literature reviews and catching people up quickly on project background.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Box review by Jose Luis R.
Jose Luis R.

"Box a fairly efficient Cloud storage tool."

What do you like best?

Box is a cloud storage service that offers infinities of benefits, among which I like most are: that you can share files in real time, either to a specific person or to a work group and as the person goes updating, all the members of the group that have access to the file can see the changes, that is, it allows a much more dynamic work environment. The storage capacity will depend on the kind of user we are, whether personal or business. And finally something that I quite like is that there is the option to synchronize the pc with the box account and therefore simultaneously uploading the files at the same time we edit them on our PC.

What do you dislike?

Although box is an excellent tool, they have some features that are not to my liking as it does not have all the office tools, that is some are very basic and therefore fall short, another feature that I do not like is that when you are editing a shared file can sometimes create conflicts if it is being edited by two people or more at the same time and finally that sometimes there are display problems of some files, ie you need to download them to view them. A very important feature that must be taken into account is that it does not have a free user class and I think the service is a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to other people about this service is that it is an option that obviously has to be taken into account when choosing which cloud service to use but that must also take into consideration the cost of it, since it competes with some other options They have free versions. But the truth is that it meets quite well with the demands that anyone can have at the level of storage in the cloud.

Box has allowed me to solve different problems on very specific occasions and the truth is that it works very well, for example on occasions where I needed the support of some engineer outside the country where I am, also on occasions where I find vacations and need of my support in some work problems that arise, Box has simplified me a lot since it allows me to access the files without having to be present and also the changes that I have made can be visualized by my team in real time.

Box review by Madelyn D.
Madelyn D.

"Straightforward sharing platform"

What do you like best?

BOX is easy to use because I can share a link with someone and they can instantly go there and upload any files they want me to see. I can also see the upload history, including time, email associated with the person that uploaded documents, and I can limit the access of other users so I can organize everything the way that I want it. I like that I can label certain documents for one department's use, and organize everything a custom way that works for our organization.

What do you dislike?

The normal features of "right click" don't bring up the copy, paste features I love. I also can't create a new folder with a right click, but instead I have to use the dashboard features built into the platform. It's slightly inconvenient, but not enough to stop using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that all employees watch the basic training videos with BOX, because it is just slightly different from other types of cloud services and the training videos could stop those problems before they even happen.

We are speeding up the communications processes and getting information from one department to another very quickly without wasting paper. We also

Box review by Tyler G.
Tyler G.

"box - a great virtual cloud and syncing service "

What do you like best?

I really like box. It is such a fantastic virtual cloud system. As an engineer at a very new start up company, I appreciate box. The fact that it is free is phenomenal. It provides such fantastic services for a free software. box provides tons of storage and instantaneous syncing to our company and really helps to boost our productivity.

What do you dislike?

The one complaint that I have is that sometimes it has a hard time syncing between both a Mac and a PC. I use both at work depending on what functions I am doing, and it makes it harder to be fluid when it does not always sync the files that I save on the first try. Sometimes I have to open up the box online service in order to resync with each of my individual computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like box a lot better than I like systems such as Google Drive that have downloadable applications as well. They tend to use a ton of battery power on a computer where as the one from box does now. All around great software.

Using box has increased our company's productivity by a lot. The face that you can use it across all of the different types of computers really helps because some people use Macs and some have PCs at our company. It enables anyone to look at files on their respective work stations as long as they have the correct programs.

Box review by Whitney C.
Whitney C.

"Collab tool with media partners"

What do you like best?

Collaboration with media partners that handle campaign optimizations; tracking of when documents are uploaded, edited and shared; the ability to create notes within the tool to share ideas with all users; the ability to get more storage, bigger max file sizes and advanced security features

What do you dislike?

there's no troubleshooting for not being able to upload documents. It works when it works and doesn't randomly when uploading simple Excel or PowerPoint files; we don't have insight into how each user is using the tool since we are attached to a third party account would have to pay for an upgrade to see usage insights; having to upgrade account in order to get advanced features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check all sharing and storage companies first and make a comparison between each to see which features for your specific company

file sharing with an external partner who cannot be given access to the internal Sharepoint. Quick and seamless sharing with external business partner. Used an archive for media partner's campaign optimization dashboard.

Box review by Elvira M.
Elvira M.

"Reliable storage platform to store and share your documents"

What do you like best?

My most used and liked feature is document creating feature inside Box. You can create word, powerpoint, excel or text file through the Box. You don't have to install any separate app. It makes Box unique among similar apps. I can also view any type of document without installing additional app. Box is strongly integrated with office documents and it works very stable. Due to my job I mostly work with documents and therefore Box is my number one choice in online environment.

What do you dislike?

With mobile version of Box I can easily view any type of office document. But when I need to edit such documents I could't find editing option. Box will be number one storage app if developers add editing option to mobile version.

Box is very reliable platform for storing my private documents. There are some documents which I can't send by email. I upload such documents to my Box cloud and share the link with the needed person.

Box review by Marnim G.
Marnim G.

"Excellent File sharing and collaboration software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about box is that it gives great flexibility to editing files on different devices. Also, it can be used from Mac, Windows or Ubuntu devices, meaning great flexibility to use in any company.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I did not like is while signing up to Box the process was a bit complicated, it sends an authorization code and for some reason I faced difficulty receiving it. Anyway, I was able to get it finally and activate my account

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the mobile app which gives great functionality and also use the file sharing option for communicating with partners.

I used to work in Huawei Project Management team and it gave me great flexibility to communicate with my team mates about which work is due and also sharing specific files for that task. It has very user friendly app and gives access using mobile devices which is crucial nowadays.

Box review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"User Friendly and Easy"

What do you like best?

That I can use it on my computer or phone by downloading the app. The app is easy to use and while using my email on my phone I can attach a file from the box app within seconds. The software is user-friendly and makes it easy to share files by sending people an invite through email. This software is good for our company because it allows us to share files with all our reps around the world with one click.

What do you dislike?

One of my dislikes about box is that sometimes all my files won't download and I have to restart my computer. This becomes frustrating because this takes time out of my day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out for a month first to see if it will work well with your companies day to day use. It has a lot of different ways to use it. This platform is user-friendly and easy to learn how to use within 30 minutes.

We can share all our files with reps all around the country. This software is faster and easier than sending the files through an email.

Box review by Brady C.
Brady C.

"Easy tool for sharing documents"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. We record all of the sales demos and plug them into box for analysis. We also use Box to allow us to view new and updated content that marketing/sales management has put together. Being able to review files and makes edits to these living documents are crucial.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes sharing can be a little cumbersome as well as being able to navigate through the site. I feel like the training of the product could be a little more in depth. Perhaps a click-through help box when you first get started using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that really helps with collaboration between all departments.

We use Box to communicate documents amongst the team. This is where we can have live documents as well. We have many communication tools (Slack, Skype, gmail, etc.), but being able to organize all of these documents/recordings into one space has been a bit of a hassle. Box fixes that problem.

Box review by Venkat Iyer M.
Venkat Iyer M.

"One of the best cloud storages available"

What do you like best?

I have used the free version of Box and absolutely love it. It is easy to use and has all the tools necessary to upload, download, sync files to the cloud. I have tried several other cloud storages like OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon Drive etc. but I seem to prefer Box over all the others. It is easy to setup, simple to use and very intuitive. I am yet to use its collaboration features and hence cannot comment on its features as it relates to collaboration. However, from a pure file storage perspective, I like the product and highly recommend it to others.

What do you dislike?

Cost, Capacity with free account, mobile features could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are many alternatives in the market when it comes to cloud storage, you should definitely evaluate Box and compare its tools, features and capabilities with other products. It may not be for all users or organizations but it can certainly offer a very cost effective option for those who find it useful.

I have used in in two different scenarios. I have used it for my own personal use for backing up files to the cloud and also for my Salesforce projects where I wanted to use Box as the cloud file storage for my org instead of Salesforce files. I was able to integrate it easily with my CRM and realize tremendous cost savings on file storage.

Box review by Mohammed A.
Mohammed A.

"The Best Cloud Storage Service"

What do you like best?

I love Box. Yes, I love Box and I think it is better than Dropbox. Box is accessible via web, mobile, and desktop application. One of the major reason I love Box over Dropbox is Box Individual offers free storage up to 10GB that is great.

Box offers an unlimited storage plan that only costs $15 /user/month.

What do you dislike?

The major drawback of Box is it only allows file upload limit of 250MB in free individual accounts and also there is no 1TB or 2TB storage option for individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a looking for a secure, powerful cloud storage solution for your business, Box will be the right choice for you.

Box helps us to share files, images, and any kind of digital documents with my co-workers easily. Admins have the authority to block or grant access to a user鈥檚 specific devices that means, if you are using Box, everything is in your control.

Box review by Cristian B.
Cristian B.

"Box for file storage and sharing"

What do you like best?

Collaboration on files is made easier. I am able to sync a folder to my laptop and whenever those files are changed I will see the latest there. Also, my updates will just be uploaded to the server without any action from my side.

Unlimited storage - somehow my company negotiated unlimited storage in Box, which gets one concern out of the picture.

NetSuite integration - using Box instead of the file cabinet really helps us keeping the data size in NetSuite low

Integration with Atlassian Confluence - you can search from Confluence your content in Box

What do you dislike?

The current deal doesn't cover the use of Box API; this prevents me and my team to use this for our automations.

Large files take some time to download, since everything is on cloud and not in the intranet anymore.

Small UI issues when navigating around folders and trying to share files. May be some browser versions compatibility issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need storage and user collaboration on files, you can look at selecting Box. Most likely you can negotiate a good deal.

In terms of storage size Box has lifted a weight over eSilicon's shoulders by having unlimited size. We are even thinking now to change our legacy applications that deal with large files and move everything there.

File collaboration is much more easy now, we were using a shared folder on a network in some branch of the company that was so slow and difficult to use.

Box review by Md. Jubaer Hossain P.
Md. Jubaer Hossain P.

"useful and very user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the way I can manage and share documents with my co-workers. Especially, the GUI is really user-friendly. File uploading is super easy. It is easy to maintain the hierarchy.

What do you dislike?

In general, there is nothing bad about box. However, some of the colleagues in my research group found it hard to share folders with documents in the beginning. But when you use shared link to share files you don't have that issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend this product to others. Especially if you are in academics. My University prefers box over other cloud-based storage. Till now it is one of the top applications for cloud storage.

My Professor prefers box over google drive to share documents with him. In our research lab, we all do the same. Since a lot of my items (as well as my co-workers) are uploaded in google drive or Dropbox (mainly because of auto syncing of certain cloud-based applications), "box" gives me a clean space to keep my official files and source codes. That way I can easily separate my sharable and non-sharable items.

Box review by Alex H.
Alex H.

"Multiplatform file sharing for project work"

What do you like best?

Box is a cloud content management and file sharing service for businesses and personal file management alike. It is available for Windows, macOS, and several mobile platforms. Therefore, it provides you with great flexibility to manage your contents across different computers.

What do you dislike?

I did not face any major problems using Box until now. But one minor thing is that the options for the website could be better organized. It took me a bit of time to find the "Embed Widget" option for embedding box in my personal website, although it worked accurately in my website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, easy to handle huge datasets and easy to share contents among teammates.

I was working in a project which required to collect around 150 videos of 10 minutes and required storage for around 150 gigabits. So, I subscribed to 1TB Box storage and it gave me great efficiency for sharing the videos among my teammates. Also, I used the Box widget to get the videos from the users directly; i.e I used Box as the database for users uploading contents in my website.

Box review by Finley N.
Finley N.

"Great Product and Secure Product"

What do you like best?

The ease of us in this product. Additionally, the seamless integration between desktop and cloud and additional editing functionality within the cloud makes it a go to solution for my business.. Additionally, we love that we can simultaneously work on the product at hand without any bugging or things happening to the file. Other platforms we have used in the past have experienced crashing when multiple people start working on a document.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike. I switched from another product to this because of the benefits and do not regret it. Really, we switched from Dropbox and we are so happy that we did. There is nothing that we don't like or could think of that could use improvement ..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, great software and great team behind it

We are solving cloud sharing and collaboration issues with this product. We have realized increased productivity virtually. Additionally, we are solving our security issues in the cloud platform. Box has great security features and it makes us really comfortable to use it because of all these features that are used and have been proved to be effective at thwarting attacks on data that is stored in the could. Overall, the platform is solving our virtual cloud needs, cloud security needs, virtual collaboration needs, and accessibility and sharing needs. We love Box and we hope that they don't change.

Box review by Carlos A. S.
Carlos A. S.

"Interesting features of BOX"

What do you like best?

What I like best of BOX is that it allows me to store and share a variety of files with my students.

Changing the names of the files is very easy. Creating folders and subfolders is a feature that allows you to have everything organized and ready for your students to have access to.and use.

Students are able to contribute with the works done by their peers, they can leave comments and suggest improvements.

Adding collabotarators is very simple.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like so much about BOX is the colores they use to highlight the actions to perform.

Sometimes it is a bit confusing which line or folder is on or selected abd you end up sending the files to a different folder or, given the case that you have too many subfolders, ypue may lose a file and spend some useful time searching for it.

One problem I have had with the mails sent directyly from BOX is that there is not a copy of it in the paltform or anywhere and cannot really see if the message was actualle sent or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider this this tool is very useful when you want to shsre important files with your students.

I my case, I have been able to organize sets of materials for my students to have access too and they have been able to upload some some audio and text files for me to check and assess their progress.

Box review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Move to Box for great enterprise-class cloud storage!"

What do you like best?

We had a great experience moving to Box for our project management group. Other groups are still in evaluation as to if it makes sense to use them on Box but there are many benefits to using it on Box. We have the Enterprise package and QuickStart was included where Box provides a dedicated resource to assist with rolling out Box in the organization. QuickStart helps to make sure you are keeping pace with your planned schedule and they provide the training resources and communication documents needed for your users. The software that integrates with Box makes it such a better experience for our users (Box Drive) as it helps to use Box in a way that is familiar to them rather than doing everything on the Box website. The customer service of Box definitely deserves a mention. I feel like I'm being treated as a person, never have to talk to another person because they know their stuff and it's a fast response time. I've done customer service for years and know what good service means so working with the Box Support Team is definitely great!

What do you dislike?

When you are invited to collaborate on a folder, that folder then appears in your 'All Files' view which is your default home page when you login. After you are invited to a number of projects, you start to have a cluttered view. It is not possible to create a folder called 'Projects' and then 'organize/move' these folders where you have been invited into the Projects folder. It is probably the biggest pet peeve of our users. As an admin owning the entire folder structure, I see the organized hierarchical view. But for users who see only certain parts of the folder structure further down, it gets messy quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a dedicated Box 'champion' that can dedicate time and effort into the rollout every day to make the transition easier for users whatever that may look like (group training, 1-on-1 training, weekly Box tips, etc).

We are storing all of our project management files on Box and because of the ongoing collaboration with team members in the field, it helped solve the problem of being able to access the files remotely (site office) and on the go (mobile devices).

Box review by Ashley J.
Ashley J.

"Makes it easy and convenient to share documents"

What do you like best?

The ease with which you can share documents and both be working on something at the same time. It allows you to create a folder on your laptop as well but if you open up things from the folder they open in microsoft word or excel. It is best to access the files online when multiple people are editing at once so to be able to see the edits.

What do you dislike?

If you download the box folder to your laptop and work on a doc from there and someone else is doing the same the app will create two of the same folder (neither folder will have both edits, one will have the edits from one collaborator and one will have the edits from the other collaborator). This can be tricky when you have to condense the two folders to one because you might not notice which edits are on which doc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use it online when you are collaborating on a document (like when multiple people are working on the same thing at the same time) so to avoid having multiple copies of the same thing in the folder.

Sharing files that are needed by multiple members of the same team as well as sharing files that are needed by members of multiple teams. Since I also have the box folder on my laptop I can work on work things while not having internet access which is nice when I am traveling or find myself somewhere with wear access.

Box review by Isaac S.
Isaac S.

"Box is great"

What do you like best?

Box is really great for sharing our business items with the whole team, to any location. In our industry, things are currently in the process of being moved to online storage from paper files. Box has made it really easy to store, transfer, and track online processing of applications and data we need to use from multiple locations. In the past, when we used only paper files, if someone was in our second office, we would need to have something faxed to us, and the quality would be really low. Box has allowed us to store things and get access to them from any location, which has been really great!

What do you dislike?

It sometimes takes a long time to load the website

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending how much information you need to share to other users in your company, i would recommend looking into adding more storage space to your box profile.

We use Box to store our documents, and to transfer things from one office to the next.

Box review by Faith G.
Faith G.

"The best cloud storage service"

What do you like best?

It's SUPER simple to create a folder, add content (drag and drop being the best option for me), and share it.Box used to be restricted for our organization where you needed to include singular clients (by email or name query) which took quite a while if there were many clients that need get to. But now box has the option to use link sharing with a setting for "People in your company" which now makes sharing a folder a snap if you just need to give people access to download the files

What do you dislike?

Folder organization on folders that have been shared with me is kind of a pain. There's no way to move a folder shared with me into another folder without being an editor, and if I am an editor it changes the location for everyone who can access the folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any type of file sharing is where you'd want to use Box, including local storage that's backed up to the cloud using your Box Sync folder. Some situations where it might not be appropriate would be for sharing intellectual property, or export controlled information. We have some restrictions in my org prohibiting the use of Box for those purposes. This is probably on a case by case basis depending on your company.

Box is utilized in my association as our document sharing tool. We frequently utilize this for storing team files, preparing content, group notes, and so on, in pretty much all aspects of our association. Essentially say that, without Box, we would have no real way to share documents which would keep us from working

together from various perspectives.

Box review by Jacob T.
Jacob T.

"Box is a great product for collaborating with your team and as a Important Documents Repository"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of box, and how seamless it is to save, update, share files as if I am saving them on my computer's local drive. I also love the attention to security Box focuses on all their products and features. I like that the product makes it easy to store, search and collaborate with other members of me team, without disrupting how I normally conduct my day to day work. I think the box is the best cloud storage solution for any enterprise level company with its robust security and attention to improving and innovating where enterprise companies need the most attention to solving problems. Box does not only say that they will innovated, but actually focuses on innovating where enterprise customers actually ask for new products and solutions. I like that box has focused on improving how we do business, and how we store and protect our most critical documents.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the Box Desktop App has some limitations to it, that makes using it not as seamless as some of its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its one of the leaders in its space, and if anyone is focused and concerned with security of documents and information, they should definitely think about using Box in the future.

We are solving organizational and collaboration problems we have had in the past with legal. It's a great Repository for all our important signed contracts, where as before files were save all over.

Box review by Jose R.
Jose R.

"Box a cloud storage tool par excellence"

What do you like best?

Box a tool that consists of the storage of data or information in the cloud, which has many benefits at the business level as a personal one, in both aspects it has benefits, since it offers packages for both private users and for companies and is undoubtedly a service that Nowadays it becomes necessary, among what I like the most about Box is that it allows you to share content with all the network of people that is necessary in real time without it being necessary to send information to user by user, information shared through box by the organization or the members of the organization to which we belong can be viewed from any device, either tablets, cell phones or laptops. And one of the most important things in my opinion and what I like most is that it can be viewed online without the need to download the documents, thus streamlining the process, besides that they can be edited from the same tool and finally I like the fact that you can parameterize the content that is uploaded, that is, we can decide if the content is editable, if it is downloadable, among other options.

What do you dislike?

It is well known that nothing is perfect and therefore everything has its disadvantages, it is about Box in my opinion its disadvantages are absolutely minimal and are reduced to that sometimes there can be conflicts when editing any file online and this happens and two or more people are editing it simultaneously, which sometimes falls short with the editing tools but this can be easily solved, downloading the file, editing it and uploading it back to the cloud and the last disadvantage is that in very specific cases some files you can not visualize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is one of the best storage tools in the cloud that exists, and is the most used by business organizations for the benefits and packages it offers. It is undoubtedly a necessary tool in companies both for the support it implies and the same business management that involves being able to share documents in real time.

Box is a tool that at the business level allows us to solve many problems, I particularly use it to maintain contact and keep active with my work team despite not being physically present and thus be able to continue with the projects in progress. It allows me to work in real time and at the same time with my respective working group and allowing us to have a backup in the cloud in case of any emergency of lost documents in the devices in which they are stored. In conclusion Box is a tool that undoubtedly simplifies the work and allows greater communication at the level of sharing data, documents, images, projects, whatever the content we need to share or endorse. It is a tool that facilitates the work, allowing a constant feedback at work level.

Box review by NISHANT P.
NISHANT P.

"Great Cloud tool for file sharing and making world digitial"

What do you like best?

Box allows to share important files without email attachments .instead sending receipt where they can download it .you set expiration dates and assign passwords for files to outside parties like clients for added security Box is easy to use and upload the file and very straight forward Syncing ia also possible and mobile application works perfectly

What do you dislike?

Box only provide 5GB of file storage and in paid version you can only upload 5GB file

not more .And there is no annual discount. the most think i don't like is waterfall permission .Box is not widely integrated as Dropbox and one drive solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

File sharing is the best way with added extra feature of expiration time. plans are at reasonable rate

Box help to share documents and file instantly save time . and keep expiration of file sharing for third parties . This feature is the best in box. It great way to keep files securely in a concentrated area and easy to access from any external network

Box review by Carlos R.
Carlos R.

"Very interesting as a Cloud Storage tool"

What do you like best?

These are the options that I like most about this tool:

The free version is very good, since it never expires and the space in the free version is very large.

The application for the mobile works perfectly, both on Android and iOS.

The applications for Windows and for macos also works very well.

The ease of uploading files from any platform and backing up your files.

Free is the best way to present a tool.

What do you dislike?

The following notes are the negatives that I see in this platform.

It is not completely free.

Sometimes the applications have some faults.

the transfer speed on some occasions is somewhat slow.

Sometimes I lost data without knowing why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I think that if you recommend this platform for other people to use, I have already recommended it.

in the beginning they gave away 50gb for creating an account. This was more than 5 years ago.

and the truth that always works very well, comparing it with other storage platforms in the cloud.

The truth is that it has many possibilities for someone to use it in a company.

I was benefited when delivering files to people who do not know how to send large files.

And it can help anyone to be able to send large files to anyone without having to install any tool.

Box review by Jon G.
Jon G.

"Muy interesante como herramienta de Almacenamiento en la Nube"

What do you like best?

Estas son las opciones que mas me gustan de esta herramienta:

La versi贸n gratuita es muy buena, ya que nunca caduca y el espacio en la versi贸n gratuita es muy grande.

La aplicaci贸n para el movil funciona perfectamente, tanto en android como en ios.

Las aplicaciones para Windows y para macos tambi茅n funciona muy bien.

La facilidad de subir archivos desde cualquier plataforma y hacer copias de seguridad de tus archivos.

Gratis es la mejor forma de presentar herramienta.

What do you dislike?

Las siguientes apuntes son los negativos que le veo a esta plataforma.

No es del todo gratuita.

En algunas ocasiones las aplicaciones tienen algunos fallos.

la velocidad de transferencia en algunas ocaciones es algo lenta.

Algunas veces he perdido datos sin saber por que.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si, creo que si que recomentadira esta plataforma para que la usen otras personas, ademas ya la he recomendado.

en sus inicios regalaban 50gb por crear una cuenta. esto fue hace mas de 5 a帽os.

y la verdad que siempre funciona muy bien , comparandola con otras plataformas de almacenaje en la nube.

La verdad es que tiene muchas posibilidades para que alguien pueda usarla en una empresa.

A mi me a Beneficiado a la hora de entregar archivos a personas que no conocen la forma de enviar archivos grandes.

Y puede ayudar a cualquiera a poder enviar archivos de gran tama帽o a cualquier persona sin necesitas de tener que instalar ninguna herramienta.

Box review by Naveen G.
Naveen G.

"Great for managing contents"

What do you like best?

Box is very user friendly and easy to use, The security related features are quite powerful, as it allows you to set users as editors, reviewers etc. Allows us to share large documents with the team and with clients.

Although there are many choices like Dropbox, Google, Sharepoint, Box is a very popular choice for managing contents.

What do you dislike?

At times searching for content can be a challenge. In free version there are limitations related to sharing large files. However over all it is a well designed popular app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the market for File storage on the Cloud, then do evaluate Box as well.

We need to share documents internally within the organization so that they are available within the team. It is much easier to manage documents on a cloud storage rather than using email. Also we can give different level of access to users based on business needs.

Box review by Jess E.
Jess E.

"Remote access to your files done well"

What do you like best?

I like that Box feels a lot like having the files local. I can name the files and even have the thumbnail for the link to my Box folders look like a regular folder. I appreciate being able to access my files anywhere. Box is also very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit to load the files sometimes, and I really wish I could 'preview' a file the way you can with a local file. I prefer local files for larger things like images sometimes so I can get to them more quickly, but it is done better in Box than in similar programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it the way you would use files and folders on your computer. This will make it easier to use and to navigate.

My files aren't taking up valuable hard drive space and causing memory problems as a result. I can access my files whether I'm at work, home, or even in a public place. Files are accessible on my phone or tablet, as well, without any additional effort from me.

Box review by Sandeep R.
Sandeep R.

"Great file-sharing platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to sign up, easy to use and it allows you to sign up for free and provides 10GB of free storage. Moreover, it allows you to share important files without email attachments by using download link. The level of privileges that are provided to the user can be modified. This in turn ensures the security of the content that is uploaded on Box. You can easily view and download the older versions of the same file if you have already used box to update the file.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the company to increase the storage capacity provided on the default free account by at least 20GB to 30GB since the original capacity of 10 gigs might put of some of the potential users. Also, there is room for it to be more structured than its current available version.

I guess there is a minimum requirement of three users per account, and a maximum of 10 people with the starter plan. For small businesses and start-ups, this might be a major concern.

Box review by Bakhtawar A.
Bakhtawar A.

"Similar Software Also Available Offering Better Services and Features"

What do you like best?

Box is easy to use and uploading files is also very straightforward. Syncing is also possible and the mobile application even works perfectly. Box account is set up in no time and the interface is also very user friendly. A great colorful software theme and offers 10 GB worth of Data Storage free

What do you dislike?

The features I mentioned above are something offered by every other similar storage software. Not anything unique as such and I would use and recommend Dropbox to people for storage reasons. Dropbox has higher free storage space and much more rich features. Not a big fan of Box. Pricing is also higher and I think it should be reduced to target the masses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No, I wouldn鈥檛 recommend this software. Other software available which are easier to use and offer more free storage space and features.

I use this software for my business related documents. All my important files and documents which are supposed to be kept privately are saved in my Box account. I use multiple storage software like Box for different files according to their nature. Box is where I store all my project related documents, files, meeting recordings and other data. I am not exactly impressed by the software and use it only as a last resort.

Box review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Easy to use, more options than google"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Dropbox paper is probably it's ease of use and the flow of the documents you upload. Everything is very nicely organized by check boxes all the way down to the specific files. Finding the documents you want and sharing them has never been easier.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike about using dropbox paper is that it's not as connected to other applications I might use in the way that google is. With google, I'm already using gmail, hangouts, etc., so using docs is a bit more convenient than pulling up dropbox, but not by much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a really great tool for file sharing, collaborative use, SOPs and policies, etc.

Document sharing and quality control are the two biggest problems being solved for me when using Box. It's very easy to see who edited what and when, so people don't get confused and don't do more work than they need to do.

Box review by Kristen W.
Kristen W.

"great cotent managemetn & sharing tool"

What do you like best?

I like box because it is easy to use, easy to add contributors and has great access privileges. You have the option to set people as editors, viewers, uploaders etc and I think this feature is good for security control, such as if you want to use this tool internally or share this tool with clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the structure of the way the documents are displayed. It is just displayed in a long list, there are no easy ways to search for things. although, to be fair there is a folder grouping tool that you can use to organize the content and documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are many other options similar to box. now a days everything has some sort of content management solution or cloud drive. box depends on what the company is using it for. i think it works best for smaller to medium sized businesses with no more than 100 contributors. for larger content management solutions maybe sharepoint etc is better.

business problems that are solved are, sharing content without going over the maximum size on email. it solves space/ memory drive issues when you do not have room on your computer, you can save it on box.

Box review by Paige D.
Paige D.

"Works Well for A Large Team Sharing Many Files"

What do you like best?

I like how you can create your own folders and word/excel docs and edit them online while collaborating with others, it's very convenient. We have lots of social media content calendars and matrices that multiple people in the department collaborate on. Also, the way the folders are organized helps us find the appropriate images quickly, especially through the search bar.

What do you dislike?

It's a little easy to lose files. An accidental click and drag can send a file into who knows where...we have hundreds of folders and stuff gets mixed around/.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful when moving files so they don't get lost in a sea of folders.

We're solving issues of everyone having access across the board to photos, promo images, excel sheets, and much more. It's impossible to email every person each file and it's easier to use than Dropbox.

Box review by Marjorie de Jesus B.
Marjorie de Jesus B.

"It is an alternative to share and store files quickly and safely."

What do you like best?

What I like most is that you can store a large amount of files that can be important both to the company as well as personal files, you can share files from a folder to the PC directly in the cloud, which facilitates the use, it is very intuitive and easy to use and other words a good alternative in storage.

What do you dislike?

It does not have basic office tools, in addition to visualizing a file of word, excel power point, it is not seen correctly as well as the videos, which it is necessary to download, this is a very egativo point and to download in the case of ue another user wants to observe some files that must be stored, but if they could be visualized, it saves space and is much safer for the protection of the equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Due to the qualities it possesses, this product is recommended because if it stores the files correctly, as well as it is very easy to use, an interface very suited to the needs of the user and it is fast, it has basic but useful tools.

The benefits is that it allows a safe and additional storage supporting different files, based on a warm environment and easy access, it is an alternative when it is necessary to save important data of the company or of the work done, avoiding oversaturating both the company's equipment like the personal ones.

Box review by Madison R.
Madison R.

"Easy to Use, Efficient App"

What do you like best?

Multiple people can be working on the same file. You can upload large files to share with the entire office. It is a very transparent tool. You can also be offline and view all of your files as if they are stored in your computer, as long as it is already synced.

What do you dislike?

There can sometimes be glitches in the app where it does not save all of the edits that someone made. Which can be scary! It is has happened in minor occasions though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am unsure about pricing but I definitely recommend Box for file sharing, multiple people revising those files and organization. They have an app version that is really efficient. You don't have to go to the web to use it.

It is a "files on demand" tool. The entire office will immediately know of any changes to plans/schedules/revision.

Box review by Daniel O.
Daniel O.

"My photos, videos and documents with a lot of storage capacity. Save your data in real time"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the storage capacity, even for the free version accounts with 50 Gb of space, which to start has helped me to store my library of photos in the cloud, accessing the photos is easy and simple, You can also share it through a link to my friends. You can see the photos in a preview that allows you to select the photos. As for the documents you have support for word files, power point, excel and pdf files, even with preview, and the best thing is to synchronize everything with the computer. It has a history of last access of each file so you can see when it was the last time a file was used, it has been useful for me, when I left the session open, and it has allowed me to see if someone manipulated my files.

What do you dislike?

You should incorporate a preview of the videos in order to be able to select correctly without having to download them, although the capacity for the free version is good, being able to share large files is a problem since they are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

give you an opportunity because it has data synchronization software and a good amount of free space in the cloud ready to use, it offers more free storage space than others of the competition and the paid version is really attractive.

It is a very attractive option for the storage of files in the cloud, it has allowed me to keep the files in general, since I have lost computer information, due to electrical problems, and thanks to the fact that I keep certain important folders in Box, I have been able to use again those files and continue with the work where I left it.

Box review by Paola S.
Paola S.

"It is an excellent platform that provides cloud storage service that does not depend on one or sever"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, it has 10 GB in its free version, it is one of the oldest cloud services so it is very reliable. It is available in several languages, it is multiplatform available for Window, Android and iOS systems. As a user you can determine how to share information with other users. In the paid version it allows you to increase the storage space up to 1000 GB. Doesn麓t require a contract for cloud-based deployment, has a website and a live chat support and support community.

What do you dislike?

The storage space in its free version could be larger, the free version is for 14 days could increase it to a month which would be appreciated by small entrepreneurs who want to hire the business service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

increase the free storage space a bit

It is more oriented to business and not the general public. In the free trial you can not share the folders with the members of your work team, to apply for this tool you must have the paid version

Box review by Pritesh C.
Pritesh C.

"A good cloud storage for secure sharing of information"

What do you like best?

The information regarding activity is useful. With Box, you get to know if anyone sees/downloads your shared files. Also its very secure, so you can share files without fear of any intrusion.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the Internal messaging that much. It can be better. Also the message doesn't get stored, if you want to come back to it. I found it tedious if by mistake I clicked somewhere else or if I wanted to save draft message. Also the notes can be better, it didn't seem very attractive to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good secure cloud storage which you can use for your company.

Sharing of information with students. Its easy to share and review the documents. Its quite easy to use and setup. Its intuitive organization of data, helps new people to get acquainted with the software.

Box review by Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.

"Easy to use, supports large files and good version control"

What do you like best?

I like that multiple users can edit a document using microsoft online. This makes it easy to collaborate as a group and track any updates. You can see who is also in the document and which version was updated by which user. This feature is great for a large team working in different locations. You can also lock a file instead while editing it to prevent others from going into the file. It's also great because it supports many large files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on the microsoft online for Box you cannot access all the features such as filtering excel columns, or zooming in or out is difficult.

Main business problem solved: File Sharing for many large files and disseminating documents globally to other team members.

Benefits: Easy to access and store all documents relating to the project for anyone who needs access, and they can go find a relevant documents. More efficient as it saves people time to email back and forth and difficulties sharing large files.

Box review by Ashish C.
Ashish C.

"Box- A reliable and secure application for my files"

What do you like best?

It is really difficult to trust any application for storing your sensitive files to be accessed from anywhere in the world. But Box is one of the best cloud based services which helped me to store my files securely and also to edit it and re-store from anywhere. Also I liked its efficient sharing and collaboration feature for documents. Nice application for everyone who work online!

What do you dislike?

Could not find anything unfavorable in this application as it is superb and well designed. One thing I would like to suggest is that the integration of a direct chat window with the support in the user dashboard or direct email support. It might help users to quickly chat with the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A reliable and secure storage application for all your files and documents.

Storing files on a secure server. Easy upload and share of important documents for collaboration. An application on which our business can trust!

Box review by Shiloe F.
Shiloe F.

"Great for File-Sharing between Co-workers and Beyond"

What do you like best?

Disclaimer: Our University utilizes Box, so we don't pay a subscription fee. That being said, it's price for 1tb of storage is better than Dropbox's, so I would most likely choose Box over Dropbox for a paid subscription.

That aside, I do really like this product. It works seamlessly on my computer to my phone, and it makes editing files on the go easy with the Office suite. I also enjoy that I can send links with permissions to people outside the organization, so I don't have to invite them to an entire folder.

I also really enjoy the ability to have roles inside each of the box folders that are being shared.

What do you dislike?

Syncing can sometimes be an issue, and when it comes to Mac/PC, filenames can be a bit tricky. We have to make sure that we're using consistent characters that the PC accepts for filenames. Other than that, I really don't have a lot of issues with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Another feature of box that is really helpful is being able to assign roles inside the boxes you're sharing. This helps when you have different levels of users who are sharing the same box. Also it's plans are reasonably priced.

We are able to have one place where each of our department keeps files that we need to share. It has helped us several times when we've had a machine crash as all the files are in the cloud as opposed to on a hard drive. We use it for sharing files with outside companies as well, and find that it has a few less clicks for those users than Dropbox did, which makes it easier for those we share with.

Box review by John D.
John D.

"Very powerful tool for business but training is critical to success"

What do you like best?

Product integration with third parties, compliance and governance. We use the product for users that need to collaborate with external clients but require compliance to meeting audit and security requirements. We are also considering the tool as a way to eliminate file servers.

What do you dislike?

I do not like waterfall permissions. For users and admins in an existing window environment, it is a major training hurdle to get people to understand waterfall permissions and the very flat file structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is a solid company with a great solution, but you need to be careful with the sales side of the business. They are overly aggressive and often fail to listen to their customers. Companies need to be very careful and review the TOS and know what they are getting into before making the jump. Plan the deployment very carefully and make sure you use professional services.

The biggest problem we are solving for is external collaboration.

Box review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Box.com has the space you need."

What do you like best?

Box.com has the ability to be an enterprise level solution to your storage needs. Box.com allows for robust security and user management. We use Box for our marketing collateral and collaboration. When used with other channels like Slack and email we get the most benefit. Box has the ability to embed and use a call out or URL to be reached. We don't use this feature much, but it is good to have the option.

What do you dislike?

Box is not as widely integrated as a Dropbox or Onedrive solution. While that is not a showstopper it does take careful consideration of integration concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box should be top of your considerations for a cloud storage solution. It checks all the boxes on price, security and ease to implement.

Content management and storage. Secure document sharing. Marketing collateral and collaboration. Team content distribution.

Box review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Great way to share files securely"

What do you like best?

I like that it easily lets you comment on each others uploads and very visually shows what document version you are on and who uploaded it.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little less sterile in its graphic presentation. It is kind of a colorless UI, but I suppose that is appropriate for a business environment. However, I feel like an option of perhaps being able to color code/flag things would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use it. It is a great way to keep files securely in a concentrated area, and it is very easy to access from home or an external network.

We are using Box as a way to securely exchange sensitive company information that could not be securely exchanged on a normal email server. It is a great option for companies with external and/or work-from-home employees.

Box review by Huda K.
Huda K.

"Security is Top Notch"

What do you like best?

Box has various packages and there is even one option to have it for free. So a person can first sign up for the free version and then upgrade it to a premium package later. The free version gives 10 GB of free data space. One of the best things about this software is that Box allows us to save entire folders contain data making sorting and classification much more easy.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few problems with the mobile application software as it requires a strong internet connection to download and upload files from our Box cloud. No problems other than this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to corporate individuals whether for their work or personal use. Won't regret this decision at all.

For me, security is very important. When I upload files to m box server, I feel secure that my box application won't crash later or get hacked and my files are safe. Whenever I have to save some important work related document, I always choose Box because of its ease of use and can even be accessed by phone. As I am travelling almost 3 days a week, with Box, I am always able to take my files wherever I go making my life easier.

Box review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"Easy Collaboration "

What do you like best?

I like that box is easy to navigate and allows you to collaborate with your teammates/colleagues on different projects. It works as a communication center for me at work to keep people updated on the status of different projects.

What do you dislike?

I don鈥檛 like that you can鈥檛 edit things directly on box. Using the Microsoft online or excel online causes there to be a little bit of delay sometimes and if many of us are working on a project at once it can make things confusing.

We use box at work to communicate who is working on what projects. I work as a large group of interns and there are many of us with different tasks and jobs and box helps us keep all of our work organized as well as allowing for communication about projects.

Box review by Shelby R.
Shelby R.

"Great sharing tool!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Box is the sharing capabilities. When sharing a file it's very easy to get the link created and I also love how you can see, on the right hand side of the page, who all in apart of that specific folder. Another great thing, when you are sharing a folder, the icon will change to a little blue group as opposed to just a regular manila folder icon. Another great feature is the notes. If there is any piece on information that needs to be included in your folder, you can easily make a note that will appear as a line item in your folder. This functions as a document that you can add as much information as you need. So cool!

What do you dislike?

When downloading many videos at once from different folders, sometimes there are files that fall through the cracks and the download doesn't go all the way through. I've had trouble logging in before, the cashe on my unit somehow jammed it up, I thought that was weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn all of the collaborative features, this is a hidden gem. We have really found a great solution here!

With Box, we have found a great solution for sharing files. We don't use it for storage space but it does a great job virtually sharing different items among many different people. It is very collaborative!

Box review by Jake F.
Jake F.

"Enterprise Box Application"

What do you like best?

Ability to seamlessly search across and in files, ability to access files across platforms and large storage quotas enabling us to share large files. Box has quickly become my teams go to for file sharing and organization and its intuitive hierarchies and quick preview capability make it easy to find documents across teams, projects, and versions.

What do you dislike?

Desktop applications and integrations are lacking and often crash or break causing the need for a reload. Box's functionality definitely works best when being used in the cloud from a browser. There also isn't analytics at the user level, so reviewing usage has to be done at the file level and then manually aggregated unless you have admin privileges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure Box can integrate with your security solution for SSO and meets your data integrity and retention requirements. Also look at pricing third party integration software to create a seamless experience from the desktop to Box as the current desktop application only allows basic functionality (and only when its working). Also check out some of the Box note features, we've found they're a great way to collaborate if you're not using a cloud enabled collaboration tool.

Enterprise wide storage of documents and collaborative document sharing. Box allows our company to centralize document storage and management across users with scalable storage depending on user needs. Box has simplified the sharing of both large and small files with easy to share links, also saving large amounts of inbox space. Access controls and version controls have been critical to adoption and allow us to securely collaborate and quickly refer to older versions of a file.

Box review by Dakota E.
Dakota E.

"Good cloud storage product with good file sharing capabilities"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to upload documents and share them with people who do not have a Box.com account. You can easily give access to read, edit, download or share documents.

What do you dislike?

I do not like to layout of their website. It is a list based website rather than a graphical representation and organization of files. I also do not like that you can not collaborate with colleagues on documents in a live environment like you can with Google docs for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product for storing documents in the cloud for use anywhere, however, it does have limited features for collaboration.

The office I work at is the head office for the Company I work for. We also have other offices as well as employees that work at home or offsite. This presented a problem for us as we stored our shared files on premises at our head office. We needed a solution for sharing documents with off-site employees and Box.com helped us to achieve this.

Box review by Brendan S.
Brendan S.

"Half-Baked Business Dropbox?"

What do you like best?

Box allows us to store all relevant team documents in one cloud-based platform, giving all team members quick access to all files from anywhere in the world.

What do you dislike?

Personally I don't see the value add of Box. Is it a Business Dropbox? Is it a Google Drive Replacement? What makes this different to the countless other competitors? For me box is rather slow, unintuitive and if like us, you have thousands of folders, it can be extremely hard to find anything in the "universal" search bar. It feels as though Box is trying to give you access to too many files at once, always missing what you are really looking for.

Personally, I don't not see any advantage of using Box over Google Drive, which is not only FREE but also cross compatible with a HUGE range of services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box needs to find features that add value to the platform. It is simply too stale and does nothing especially well. It is a all-round mediocre, there is no killer feature for it to stick out of the crowd - This has to change.

Box allows us to all access company files from one decentralised cloud-based solution. This makes it easy to have team specific folders for anyone to access without requesting permission from colleagues or other teams.

Learning about Box?

* We monitor all Box reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Box