Box

Box lets you store all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share it from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce and access Box on mobile devices.

Work for Box?

Box review by <span>Brendan S.</span>
Brendan S.

Half-Baked Business Dropbox?

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Box allows us to store all relevant team documents in one cloud-based platform, giving all team members quick access to all files from anywhere in the world.

What do you dislike?

Personally I don't see the value add of Box. Is it a Business Dropbox? Is it a Google Drive Replacement? What makes this different to the countless other competitors? For me box is rather slow, unintuitive and if like us, you have thousands of folders, it can be extremely hard to find anything in the "universal" search bar. It feels as though Box is trying to give you access to too many files at once, always missing what you are really looking for.

Personally, I don't not see any advantage of using Box over Google Drive, which is not only FREE but also cross compatible with a HUGE range of services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box needs to find features that add value to the platform. It is simply too stale and does nothing especially well. It is a all-round mediocre, there is no killer feature for it to stick out of the crowd - This has to change.

Box allows us to all access company files from one decentralised cloud-based solution. This makes it easy to have team specific folders for anyone to access without requesting permission from colleagues or other teams.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Box
Box review by <span>Maria D.</span>
Maria D.

Box Makes File Sharing Easy

Validated Review
What do you like best?

How easy it is to sync files and keep track of who is making edits to files. I like that even if you 'delete' something Box holds onto it for a bit just in case it was in error. Which is helpful when a lot of people are using the same files.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally something will glitch with syncing where it will try to sync the entire contents of my company's box to my computer which obviously causes my computer to crash because it can't hold everything. It is rather frustrating to fix those situations - but it's only happened twice and for the most part no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After using both box and Dropbox for some time, I definitely think Box is easier for sharing with a team and makes the syncing process simpler than Dropbox. Easy custom searching by file types and names makes it easy to search years of content.

Sharing files quickly between many employees - in house and remote. Keeping records and archives of everything we create for easy reference.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Box review by <span>Brian R.</span>
Brian R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Box, especially in its enterprise solutions, is dynamic and works very well for organizing files, as well as for editing files live and saving them back up to the cloud. I am a big fan of Box Edit for this - and how saving in the documents reflects in instantaneous updates on the main file (including versioning).

What do you dislike?

Box Sync, and the mobile apps, leave a lot to be desired. Box Sync does not easily force a sync back up to the cloud, and its interface is clunky (just a simple on/off switch, not even the ability to do more customizable work). The Box apps are similarly clunky - they're not optimized for pinch-and-zoom screens, nor are they very quick/responsive to open files, the two most important things when looking to go paperless on the job site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate how much space you need. Really.

I use Box for quick and dirty access to files when on the go. When things are constantly changing, I don't want to have to print new documents all the time. I also use Box for live editing files through Box Edit.

Box review by <span>Jordan B.</span>
Jordan B.

Reliable Online Storage

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that you can save massive amount of information and files online and in the cloud. This allows me the opportunity to access these files on other devices. Also, I don't need to bog down my laptop with all of this information.

Being able to have a file on my computer that auto-syncs to the cloud helps me quickly back up my laptop rather than going to the website each time and uploading the information.

Receiving emails letting me know when the files have been changed or updated is beneficial. Especially when we're on time crunches and we're trying to track when employees update documentation.

What do you dislike?

When you first sign up for the service and add 'Box Sync' to your your computer, it has to sync all of the information. Having a BOX with over 5 gigabits worth of data took longer than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the main admin understands the tool. If they don't know how to give other users access to the files, editing rights or file creation, the tool won't be nearly as beneficial.

Having an online back up space has been great. Having an online file cabinet so all employees can have access to the information makes things easier! No employee is without the most up-to-date files.

Also, getting notifications when files are updated helps keep the team up to speed on which files are being changed and when they're being changed.

Box review by <span>Treena Nicole F.</span>
Treena Nicole F.

Easy to Use File Sharing Software

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like using box because the interface is straightforward and easy to use. It is very clear how to upload files or folders, how to add or remove files or folders, and generally how to navigate within folders. These folders can be made public or shared with other people, which makes working with others easy. I work in an office that puts most files on a shared drive that can only be accessed from the office or through Citrix. Using box, another secure file storing platform, allows me to store and share files and folders with others more easily, as I often have to work remotely. Having access to sync Box to my desktop is also a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Box is pretty much nothing. It is user friendly, straightforward, and does not overload the user will unnecessary bells and whistles; features that are there more for advertising power than productivity.

My office has been able to solve remote work issues that slowed down our productivity. I work at multiple sites with a number of different physicians whose hours are inconsistent. Knowing I can share a file with them that is not going to get blocked by email because it is too large adds security and consistency to our workflow.

Box review by <span>Vett V.</span>
Vett V.
Validated Review

Box user for volunteer organization files

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I enjoy that Box has a really clean, professional, and user-friendly look. Our files are easy to find, easy to claim, and easy to share.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Box isn't compatible with the other Google products that I use. I also don't like that it can be difficult to share folders/items with non-box users or difficult to find files if they are technically owned by someone different. Our organization had some trouble when we first moved to Box because many people had been using Google Docs, which works differently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Box and try sharing files in different ways to see it's different functionality.

Box helps our organization maintain organized files, photos, documents, and order. All of our board members are members of our Box group, and we have different levels of access to files based on our positions. Box helps us document all of our past and current work, and it helps us easily share and update documents.

Learning about Box?

* We monitor all Box reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.