Box

(1910)

Box lets you store all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share it from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce and access Box on mobile devices.

Work for Box?

Learning about Box?

Box Reviews

Ask Box a Question
Showing 1914 Box reviews
Box review by <span>Stephanie M.</span>
Stephanie M.

"Easy to use, supports large files and good version control"

What do you like best?

I like that multiple users can edit a document using microsoft online. This makes it easy to collaborate as a group and track any updates. You can see who is also in the document and which version was updated by which user. This feature is great for a large team working in different locations. You can also lock a file instead while editing it to prevent others from going into the file. It's also great because it supports many large files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on the microsoft online for Box you cannot access all the features such as filtering excel columns, or zooming in or out is difficult.

Main business problem solved: File Sharing for many large files and disseminating documents globally to other team members.

Benefits: Easy to access and store all documents relating to the project for anyone who needs access, and they can go find a relevant documents. More efficient as it saves people time to email back and forth and difficulties sharing large files.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Box
Box review by <span>Ashish C.</span>
Ashish C.

"Box- A reliable and secure application for my files"

What do you like best?

It is really difficult to trust any application for storing your sensitive files to be accessed from anywhere in the world. But Box is one of the best cloud based services which helped me to store my files securely and also to edit it and re-store from anywhere. Also I liked its efficient sharing and collaboration feature for documents. Nice application for everyone who work online!

What do you dislike?

Could not find anything unfavorable in this application as it is superb and well designed. One thing I would like to suggest is that the integration of a direct chat window with the support in the user dashboard or direct email support. It might help users to quickly chat with the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A reliable and secure storage application for all your files and documents.

Storing files on a secure server. Easy upload and share of important documents for collaboration. An application on which our business can trust!

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Box review by <span>Shiloe F.</span>
Shiloe F.

"Great for File-Sharing between Co-workers and Beyond"

What do you like best?

Disclaimer: Our University utilizes Box, so we don't pay a subscription fee. That being said, it's price for 1tb of storage is better than Dropbox's, so I would most likely choose Box over Dropbox for a paid subscription.

That aside, I do really like this product. It works seamlessly on my computer to my phone, and it makes editing files on the go easy with the Office suite. I also enjoy that I can send links with permissions to people outside the organization, so I don't have to invite them to an entire folder.

I also really enjoy the ability to have roles inside each of the box folders that are being shared.

What do you dislike?

Syncing can sometimes be an issue, and when it comes to Mac/PC, filenames can be a bit tricky. We have to make sure that we're using consistent characters that the PC accepts for filenames. Other than that, I really don't have a lot of issues with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Another feature of box that is really helpful is being able to assign roles inside the boxes you're sharing. This helps when you have different levels of users who are sharing the same box. Also it's plans are reasonably priced.

We are able to have one place where each of our department keeps files that we need to share. It has helped us several times when we've had a machine crash as all the files are in the cloud as opposed to on a hard drive. We use it for sharing files with outside companies as well, and find that it has a few less clicks for those users than Dropbox did, which makes it easier for those we share with.

Box review by <span>John D.</span>
John D.

"Very powerful tool for business but training is critical to success"

What do you like best?

Product integration with third parties, compliance and governance. We use the product for users that need to collaborate with external clients but require compliance to meeting audit and security requirements. We are also considering the tool as a way to eliminate file servers.

What do you dislike?

I do not like waterfall permissions. For users and admins in an existing window environment, it is a major training hurdle to get people to understand waterfall permissions and the very flat file structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is a solid company with a great solution, but you need to be careful with the sales side of the business. They are overly aggressive and often fail to listen to their customers. Companies need to be very careful and review the TOS and know what they are getting into before making the jump. Plan the deployment very carefully and make sure you use professional services.

The biggest problem we are solving for is external collaboration.

Box review by <span>Huda K.</span>
Huda K.

"Security is Top Notch"

What do you like best?

Box has various packages and there is even one option to have it for free. So a person can first sign up for the free version and then upgrade it to a premium package later. The free version gives 10 GB of free data space. One of the best things about this software is that Box allows us to save entire folders contain data making sorting and classification much more easy.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few problems with the mobile application software as it requires a strong internet connection to download and upload files from our Box cloud. No problems other than this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to corporate individuals whether for their work or personal use. Won't regret this decision at all.

For me, security is very important. When I upload files to m box server, I feel secure that my box application won't crash later or get hacked and my files are safe. Whenever I have to save some important work related document, I always choose Box because of its ease of use and can even be accessed by phone. As I am travelling almost 3 days a week, with Box, I am always able to take my files wherever I go making my life easier.

Box review by <span>Shelby R.</span>
Shelby R.

"Great sharing tool!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Box is the sharing capabilities. When sharing a file it's very easy to get the link created and I also love how you can see, on the right hand side of the page, who all in apart of that specific folder. Another great thing, when you are sharing a folder, the icon will change to a little blue group as opposed to just a regular manila folder icon. Another great feature is the notes. If there is any piece on information that needs to be included in your folder, you can easily make a note that will appear as a line item in your folder. This functions as a document that you can add as much information as you need. So cool!

What do you dislike?

When downloading many videos at once from different folders, sometimes there are files that fall through the cracks and the download doesn't go all the way through. I've had trouble logging in before, the cashe on my unit somehow jammed it up, I thought that was weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn all of the collaborative features, this is a hidden gem. We have really found a great solution here!

With Box, we have found a great solution for sharing files. We don't use it for storage space but it does a great job virtually sharing different items among many different people. It is very collaborative!

Learning about Box?

* We monitor all Box reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.