4.2 out of 5
(3,195)
Do you work for Box?

Box Reviews & Product Details

What is Box?

Box is a Modern Content Management Platform for companies of all sizes and industries. The difference that Box brings is that it offers the security and controls admins need with the sharing and collaboration capabilities end users want. Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 43 million users and 62,000 businesses--including 59% of the Fortune 500--trust Box to manage content in the cloud. The Box platform provides HIPAA, FINRA, FedRAMP, and many other compliances to go with granular access permissions and advanced security capabilities. By using Box you can sync, share, and collaborate on all types of files, anywhere, on any device - but that's just the beginning. You can choose where to store your data, to manage your own encryption keys, and set workflows to automate content-based processes. You can also assign custom metadata tags to content, watermark sensitive content, and set file retention or legal hold policies. Box has deep, native integrations with Microsoft Office and Outlook, Google Apps for Work, Salesforce, Netsuite, Docusign, Adobe, and many other best-of-breed solutions you may already be using.

Box Screenshots

Box Reviews

1-50 of 3194 total Box reviews
Box review by Valeh S.
Senior Software Developer

"Convenient way of file sharing and collaborating"

What do you like best?

Box is a great solution for sharing and editing documents among team members. The best side of Box is compatibility with office documents which increases productivity and saves our time while working with office documents. I can create any office document inside Box app very easily. Especially mobile version of Box is very handy when I am travelling. I can create, share or add collaborators to existing document in a seconds no matter where I am. In similar platforms you need to install additional software in order to view or edit office documents. But with Box there is no need for such softwares.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback of Box is internet connection requirement for viewing documents which I already uploaded to the Box cloud. Sometimes I delete original documents from my phone and keep them in Box cloud. But if there is no internet connection I can't preview or edit such documents. "Save for offline" feature of Box is a great solution for this problem, but after using this feature my phone memory gets full.

After using Box we managed to share our ideas more faster and easily. Productivity and creativity also increased while editing any kind of document. Box provided us flexibility and convenience while editing or sharing documents.

Box review by Marshall U.
Engineer
Entertainment

"Box the best place to store"

What do you like best?

Box is a very good platform to upload, save and share files, documents, photos and videos. It is excellent for backing up in the cloud if you do not have a physical storage device. You can easily and quickly share any file or document that you have in Box with just sharing a link or allowing access to specific users.

What do you dislike?

This program honestly does not have big problems, I can only mention that when editing a document, if several people edit it at the same time a conflict can be generated and it may be that when saving the edition it is not finished or only doing it in parts thus losing a bit of information from one of the editors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Box if you need to keep your files and work documents stored in the cloud and have access anywhere, also for personal use and especially if you want to share them in a quick and easy way. And in case you have a small or large company, you can implement this tool in the CRM of your company and your employees can upload and share the information they need to use.

It is very beneficial to use this program to share files or your resume for example, in my case I use it mainly for that reason, I have a page where our projects, works, designs and especially my resume through a link of Download from Box. It has also been essential to be able to share the files of the work I have done. The best thing is that I can connect from the main page or using your application on my mobile something that allows me to be up to date with my work anytime, anywhere.

Box review by Charlotte M.
Consulting

"Files in the cloud"

What do you like best?

All the files, images and videos that I have on my computer I keep in the cloud with box because I am sure that my files will not be lost and they are also safe so that we can work as a team and can access the documents that I allow and can share or edit

I also upload the files to the cloud to eliminate space on my PC hard drive and so my computer has a lot of space

It allows me to have the rights of administrator and have the ability to know who accessed the document to share and edit it with that if there is any claim of the edition is going to know which user did it

What do you dislike?

the storage would be much better if it were unlimited or they had a plan where it was unlimited and did not pay separately to enlarge the storage space with that would not have to delete files

The work has been made easier because we can interact with different files among our colleagues and edit it or finish some file that needs something, each person from the site where you can enter the platform and download the file without any problem

Box review by Larry C.
Consulting

"Secure files"

What do you like best?

I can access all the documents loaded in the cloud from any device

the use of sharing or editing files makes possible the loss of data that can sometimes occur when we enter to correct a document and what they do is damage it, so it is better to put restrictions so that anyone can not modify. Files or put encryption keys to have the most secure and reliable documents

The price plans are economical for everything they offer with the option to add complements that are necessary or missing to complement the purchased plan

What do you dislike?

The speed of the server to load documents, files, photos, music and other works is not very good it takes a little time for everything to load in the cloud

We can all enter the document that is needed and if you have permission to share and edit, you can do so and improve the document or just visualize it

Box review by Hasitha J.
Technical Production Manager
Textiles

"The best cloud based file sharing platform ever"

What do you like best?

BOX is a very secured cloud based file storing and sharing platform. The easy and fast accessing tools let the user to feel the freedom of using it as the data is stored in a local computer. The security of the stored data is also very high in this platform. It let the users to select the appropriate level of access levels such as Editor, Viewer, etc. So the right user has the right access level to work collaboratively with the team. Apart from that, the smartphone application of BOX let users to work with the team even they are not physically present in the same place.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to complain. All the tools and features are really good. But the user interface could be improved by adding a selection of themes to make it more personalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend BOX to anyone who is looking for a secured, simple yet powerful cloud based file storing and sharing platform.

It mainly solves the data storing and accessing issues. It allows the whole tram to store and manage data in the same place. And the possibility of accessing the data on the go makes it really effective while you traveling and away from the office.

Box review by Gabriel A.
manager

"shared content"

What do you like best?

With box I use it to store all the files, documents, photos and videos that I have on my computer and so all the members of the company can enter to share or edit it, and I am sure that the content will not be lost because it is protected with encryption keys

can open the document from any device is not necessary to open it where it was created simply enter the box page and find all the files and allows me to be anywhere and if I need an urgent document is not necessary to be in the office to open it

What do you dislike?

At first when I started using the box the registration was very complicated because I did not get the verification mail and once the mail arrived I was not allowed to activate my account. It lasted more than an hour trying to create it. It is the only bad thing I have seen in the otherwise box system to worked very well

Recommendations to others considering the product

I assure that it is a good software to store and store all the information you want and others can access these documents

The benefit that I like most is to be able to access this site from any part and device since it has happened to me that I have some important document and return to the office. It took me a lot of time but with Box I enter with my user and I can access to all the files I have on my computer

Box review by Alexandra Carolina M.
Analista de contabilidad

"Safe and free storage in the cloud with box!"

What do you like best?

What I like most about box, is to have the files at any time, no matter where I am, in turn, box in a super easy to use tool and allows me to store any document, even images, is free and Useful.

What do you dislike?

In my work I use a lot of files which I must share with the team, but the capacity of box is what can really be disadvantageous and disturbing, but I must understand that it is a free application and so far that is not a problem for me, maybe for others yes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended for those people who handle large volume of files in their work, perform a search of all those storage applications in the cloud and so know which is the one that can get closer and adjust to your needs, I can only say that box is a excellent before any other similar.

I must admit that box has been a great help tool in the execution of my tasks, since I must constantly share files with my co-workers, sometimes I am not in the office and I have been able to access them without problems from any computer, that is really good and profitable, in turn, with box, I have the confidence that my files will be stored in a secure way, avoiding the loss of information as it happened with the use of external memories to store the information, that is why that this has allowed me a great time saving, thanks to box.

Box review by Cole C.

"Store secure in the cloud with Box"

What do you like best?

With Box we can share files, folders and documents with our workers and clients in a quick and easy way, just by activating the shared link we can give access quickly. We can drag the content from our computer to the platform (a way to work very comfortable) and synchronize from anywhere. In addition to being able to view files or documents online from the platform without downloading them.

What do you dislike?

So far the things we can say that we did not like (which are very minimal), is when we want to move a folder to another address and this is not allowed when you do not edit. It also happens on some occasions that when there are several people editing online can present some error in the edition, but the solution we have found so far, is to download the document, edit it and upload it again to Box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to maintain the level of your work. Being able to keep the team together and have a platform that simplifies everything in one place, Box is the tool that we are going to recommend.

With Box we have benefited in many things at the business level. We can work as a team and keep the progress of it even if we are not in the same place, since we can work in real time from the Box platform. It also allows us to use it from different devices and keep everything synchronized. On the other hand, it is also excellent when making backup copies of our files or documents.

Box review by Renato F.
Business Development Manager | Cloud, Automation and Assurance Software Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Easier most efficient way to store, protect and share files"

What do you like best?

BOX is one of the best file sharing services. I used a corporate account, which basically allows me to be alot more productive. First of all, I install a client that allows my folder to be synchronized with the servers - which means, all my working files are backup'ed to the cloud once I save them - the system also records the versioning so I can go back to previous versions if I commit a big mistake. Once the files are in the server, I can decide who can access, and invite people to help me editing them. It also allows me to access the same file from my MAC, iPAD and other devices.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps I'd hate when I reach my limit of storage - like any other system - unless its limited, it would be a time where I have to go back and remove old files, that's a bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Box to everyone that requires file sharing and collaboration, as well as a secure way to backup and version your files.

Many times we have different repositories for document collaboration - we tested many over the years - and the time that saves me to work on a file and immediately share it - in a secure way - increases my efficiency in at least 10%. The fact that i have a backup and version of my files is a cherry in that pie.

Box review by Randy E. B.
Information Technology

"BOX - Cloud storage"

What do you like best?

I like the application for windows and mac, it is very versatile and can be used easily, the backups that I create on computers with windows or mac, are automatically synchronized in the cloud, this is very, very nice, since I can rest easy, and I know that whenever I modify a file, it has its backup in the storage of BOX, thanks to this feature you can create different files on the computer and synchronize them in the cloud, to have databases, doubly secure.

What do you dislike?

It may happen that in some moments the synchronization is a little bit messed up, when you edit a file in the desktop application, and you go to review it in the cloud, it has not been modified, this is not something that always happens, but it happens regularly, Another negative point is the file limit, we are paying for an application to save files in the cloud, and it is expected that, the limit of files is unlimited, and I mean the weight per file, not the total storage of the BOX:

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a storage solution in the cloud, safe and without limit of storage, it is a very responsible company with the care of information.

I can create backup copies of all types of files, and synchronize them from a desktop application with the cloud, which produces a versatile access effect, in different devices, being securely ported SSl, which avoids any filtering of information without authorization .

Box review by Steven F.
COO

"Share files"

What do you like best?

You can share files to different people either to someone specific or in public depends as you put the configuration of the file

In the storage you can save any kind of file, be it documents, photos, videos and even music

you can synchronize the box platform with my pc, I can create a shared folder on my pc and it will go up to the cloud

What do you dislike?

Some files uploaded in the cloud can not be displayed if they are excel or word or many times the initial configuration that was made is not shown the spaces, cells or columns and touch manually reconfigure

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is for large or small companies, you can share the files you want in the cloud and allow users to enter and edit it

The files can be seen by all of the company and help make the work more productive and be a source of communication among coworkers

Box review by Rocky M.
CEO
(5001-10,000 employees)

"through Box I share and edit files"

What do you like best?

It is an innovative tool where I can upload documents, videos, images or other corporate information to the cloud that is stored securely and all members of the company can access these documents either to edit or share it

I can configure the access of each document if I want it to be editable or not, because I have documents that are only for reading and nobody can edit them or the documents that are edited is registered by the user who did it and this is good because if you edit the document for bad will be the resposable

What do you dislike?

When a document is edited and there is another person editing it at the same time it creates conflict and when it is saved, sometimes everything is not saved as it is left because the two editions of the other user and mine are saved.

There should be a command that indicates that the editing is being done in real time so that another user does not enter the same document at the same time

All the members of the work can access from any device to the box platform and serves to be more informed of the projects or communications of the company that are urgent in addition that all users can enter in a simple way

Box review by Kevin S.
Workspace Service Manager

"Secure and Easy Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Box lets us keep our people's data at their fingertips without having it take up space on their hard drive. It makes collaboration easy and more efficient and has almost all the administrative controls that I would like. File versioning is great.

What do you dislike?

Box Drive doesn't work very well on multi-user computers--if one person is signed in and using Box Drive, it won't work for anyone else. If it weren't for this, we could use it more effectively in our lab environments.

We initially used Box as a Novell iFolder replacement. By the end of our transition period, we had twice as much data stored in Box as we'd had in iFolder, meaning that there was a lot of data out there that wasn't being backed up. Box allowed us to retire most of our file shares and makes it easier for us to collaborate with users outside our organization--something important for Higher Ed.

Box review by Amanda W.
Verification Specialist

"A great platform for all!"

What do you like best?

I like that box is seamlessly integrated into our customer relationship management system and is easily used to open all of the documentation that is required for our applications. I can usually rely on Box to work effectively and rarely have technical issues. I can easily share the link of documents that I am reviewing with other coworkers in order to collaborate more effectively and get answers more quickly.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I don't like is that sometimes the system gets overwhelmed and although a tab will be opened to review a document uploaded via Box, it will be blank. Sometimes I will have to refresh the page multiple times or sign back in to get it to work. This happens very rarely and when it does, it is a quick fix to get the system back to functioning normally. Other than this small issue there are really no other large issues that I have ever encountered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is an easy way for many different members of an organization to view and share documentation. It is easy to integrate with the company's CRM platform and for coworkers to share and review documentation.

The business problems that we are solving with Box is the ability to carefully store applicant documentation and make them easy to access for all parties. With Box we can ensure our applicants that their documents are secure but at the same time they are still easily accessible to company employees for review.

Box review by Allie L.
Graduate Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy, secure file sharing"

What do you like best?

With Box, I can easily upload files to folders for my own ease of access from multiple computers, or to folders that are shared with several other people. It makes sharing files, especially larger ones, like long videos, simple. I also love that my Box files sync automatically to my computer.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I've encountered when using Box is that videos can take a long time to upload, or sometimes the upload needs to be restarted in order for it to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Box, I would recommend syncing it to your desktop for the easiest access. I use this feature all the time and really enjoy it! Box is useful for sharing files and storing them securely online while allowing the user to edit, replace, or delete them if needed. It can be used to store research data or materials being used for a collaborative project (especially one in which one or more members of the project team works remotely) and for assignment submissions.

I use Box to store data that needs to be stored securely and also needs to be shared with people who work from a different location than me.

Box review by Tommy L.
Senior Account Executive - Nordics

"Box - the content platform that just works"

What do you like best?

I like the UI, the admin controls. The speed that you can upload files and folders with.

I can access Box anywhere and I can easily share files in a secure way by either putting on an expiry date or if I restrict access to view only or perhaps require a password for downloads.

What do you dislike?

I am not entirely sure what I think could improve Box.

Obviously the time it takes to upload very large video files can be annoying. If you have a High def movie that you want to save in Box so you can watch it on the plane, then it might take some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have concerns about security and you require admin controls of you can access which files, then I think Box is a good platform.

I use Box to store files that I will later need when I have to work on another laptop and if I want to access them while I am on my Ipad.

I also use Box with my Ipad when I present slides at onsite client meetings.

Box review by Ross C.

"Store in the cloud with Box"

What do you like best?

We like Box since its free plan can offer much more than other accommodations in the cloud. It has been easy to use for our company and for the personal use of each worker. You can access and navigate easily through its interface. You can install the tool on your computer or a mobile application where you can access the cloud and synchronize your files in real time wherever you are.

What do you dislike?

From Box we can mention only three things that we do not like.

The first one: It is the limit that free accounts have to upload files of only 250MB

The second: The limitation of some essential functions that you can only use if you have a payment plan.

And the third and the last: It is that we can not protect the shared files.

Of rest we have nothing more to say and we believe that if they improve this tool can be even more complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend you store with Box because it is very easy to use, you can store and synchronize your files in the cloud from your computer or mobile device wherever you are. You can grant permissions to access the files or edit them. If you use your free plan it offers you 10 GB of storage, a little more than what others offer and if you need more space you can acquire your payment and business plans where you can block your files and assign expiration. You can also integrate it easily with the Microsoft Office 365 tool. I have included a security system with the two-factor authentication that makes your account and files more secure.

Box has given us access to our files, edit them, share them, monitor them and synchronize them in different devices, something that allows us to work comfortably from anywhere, something that for us has been very important since our company needs to deliver files, designs, brochures with other employees or customers. On top of that, it helps us to easily protect it with two-factor authentication. It is a modern tool, with a clean and beautiful interface, which makes it pleasant to see when working.

Box review by Winston L.
R&D Manager

"Functional file sharing program but could use some improvements"

What do you like best?

The ability to search is a lifesaver in order to find files or folders. Favoriting files and folders and changing the launch page to favorites. By far the most useful feature has been Box Sync. It synchronizes files on the computer and files on the cloud so that everything on your computer is always backed up.

What do you dislike?

No real way to organize files and folders with everyone sharing them. If you look at the all files/folders view it is impossible to find anything (that's where search comes in handy). Word and Excel compatibility in Chrome does not work well (only opens Online versions and will not open in native Word and Excel).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have key people setup folder structures that people can share files and folders within. That way people have less loose files and folders.

File sharing with coworkers and being able to control permissions. File sharing with people external to the company as read-only files. Version control. Notes are an interesting tool.

Box review by Miguel Ángel D.
Technical Advisor

"Good cloud for all users"

What do you like best?

Good price, good service, and 15 Gb free for users. I like this cloud because you can get a large storage capacity for projects that can be shared without problems with the rest of the workers even if they are not in the office. I have used it to share photos from the phone, office files that have been uploading me, and everything works without problems sharing with the rest of my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I think there are clouds with more storage for less money. It could be cheaper because as the capacity increases it is really expensive, and with unlimited storage provided by other clouds along with other services, something more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the case of needing a cloud for free storage with large space is a very good alternative, and also has fairly good price plans for greater capacity. It is simple, fast, and intuitive, and everyone knows how to use it, with access via web or app. I recommend it to everyone who is an employee and needs collaborative storage in the cloud, who stops using the email and without having to order the folders themselves, the rest of the users sharing the parts of the project that are going away running

In principle, I have used it with colleagues to share files and store documents that live outside of Madrid, and it has been very productive, since it is not necessary to send emails, simply everyone is sharing theirs and everyone has access in real time. The best thing is that it is integrated with office 365 and offers good compatibility with both iOS and Android, as well as being able to use it with macOS.

Box review by Ruben S.
Research Assistant
(Myself Only)

"Lots of Storage Space!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy to see everything on Box is. With the majority of the computer screen being your files, it's simple to find your files. With other cloud storage programs, it seems like the side bars or suggestions are the main part of the program and often make it difficult to just look at what you have. I think the simple set up of Box makes it a superior cloud storage program in these regards.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the the fact that only members of the univeristy where I work are able to access the files stored on Box, even if they have a Box account. In this sense, it makes sharing files to people outside the university a bit of a hassle, whereas programs like Google Drive are available to any individual who has a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want secure online file storage for a large group of individuals with a vast amount of strorage space, Box is easily the best option.

Making sure everyone has access to the files which they need is a common problem in all workplaces. Box helps overcome this problem by giving an easy to use software between one large network, the university. This allows for safer file sharing and a more secure storage of sensitive information. Because the files I work with are very large, keeping files online is a great way to save storage space on my laptop.

Box review by Adam C.
Senior Manager Professional Services
Professional Training & Coaching

"Best Enterprise Document Storage Solution"

What do you like best?

Box is the best overall document storage solution in the market right now. It has a number of really important/great features:

1. Version Control - the ability to lock a document for version control, and the ability to see and manage past versions, including reverting to one.

2. Live collaboration - the integration with Office Online and Google Docs means you can work live in a document with the tools you love and know already, with other users.

3. Great user interface that is clean and easy to use. It has features like favorites, recents, tags, bookmarks, presenter mode, and others that make using the tool easy.

4. permissions are built to enable both control and sharing without too much effort.

5. The ability to see views and other data/metadata about the documents you store is also very nice.

6. Box Notes is a nice notes tool that has templates and a simple/easy to use interface.

7. Integration with other apps and tools makes it extendable and usable in non-standard ways as well.

8. The new Box Drive is very nice, with an up-to-date, streaming file approach.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I really dislike, but I do feel like Workflows and automation could use some attention. Also, a few features I would like are:

1. Ability to customize folders to appear different - right now all shared folders look the same. If I could give them different colors, etc, it would be nice. think adobe lightroom.

2. Would love to be able to create custom views of folders and files, with my own set of columns of info, etc

3. The ability to drag and drop and set the order in which folders appear in a view, without having to manipulate folder names

4. Would love a few more tools in Box Notes.It would be my dream for Box to buy Notion and integrate the two (might not be everyone's favorite, but that would be awesome for me).

5. Better comments and reviewing features would be nice - to be able to put viewable notes on top of a document without having to edit it, for instance - inline. Would be awesome.

6. Ultimately, I would love to see it incorporate more of a wiki flavor into the site as well, so both kinds of documentation could reside in the same place. But that is my own crazy dream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just jump in and start throwing files and folders in. Deliberately architect its organization, permissions, etc before starting. It will make it much better (as with any tool like this).

I have used Box in several companies now. It helps keep documents centralized, share inside and outside the organization, makes documentation accessible and easy to collaborate.

Box review by Lee C.

"Excellent box to store in the cloud"

What do you like best?

From the beginning we can only say good and positive things about Box. It is an excellent program that you can use as a hard disk in the cloud. It offers us a free plan of 10 GB of storage (much more than what other programs offer), ideal for personal use or small businesses that are starting and still can not afford to pay a Pla Pro (which are also not so expensive, in terms of Box price is very accessible). And we must also mention that lets us synchronize our account with the application of our mobile device or a desktop program.

What do you dislike?

At the moment we have nothing negative to say about this program, we can only mention some that can be improved, such as external users can only access the files in reading mode and missing the online edition, the rest is a very program full.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would only recommend that you add more editing privileges to external users or shared files in that case and the online addition.

Box has helped us to store our files in the cloud, to also synchronize them in various devices, such as the mobile from an application or from the computer with a desktop program, you also allow us to manage files, images, documents, videos, sheets of calculations and intagrarlo with Google Docs. We can also download files or folders in ZIP format. All that from the same place.

Box review by Amanda K.
Consultant, Digital Strategy

"Document Storage "

What do you like best?

I have previously used Sharepoint and find Box to be much easier to use. It's got a user friendly interface and simple version control.

What do you dislike?

Box when not maintained appropriately and even when it is, can become a vast cave of past documentation. We have a Box graveyard of kinds of old things that just don't have a place anymore. Having someone in charge of this is important and using common sense naming conventions will help combat this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have the proper administrator for your account. Having someone accountable for the ongoing structure, security and archives for Box is critical to the companies success in using this tool. Without this person, Box can become messy and you will no longer be able to find the things you need and you may end up blaming the tool when in fact, when used correctly the tool is a great resource.

Box allows large teams to work on a single project at the same time through their multiple edit options and allows the leader of a project like myself to understand exactly where it is at in the process and easily update documentation.

Box review by Rafael A.
Configuration Manager

"Very good"

What do you like best?

I think the best from Box is the amount of space we receive for free. Also has a very nice way to share item with everyone you want. It's a friendly user web page, all the options are very clear and it's easy to use, even if you not a all day computer user.

What do you dislike?

I think one thing they can change is the appearance of the web page. I think that the prices for the larger mounts of space is expensive, will result more attractive for the clients if they have more options to choose, that adapt to their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and admin. Has a very good appearance for the user.

At this moment we solved problems like send to our partners files or programs that we couldn't send by email. Now with my new functions in work, I need to have so many things backed up, we call this Configuration Items (CI), in order to be sure that all the things we need to make a program work be save in the cloud.

Box review by Kevin K.
HR Admin

"Good Paid Software "

What do you like best?

I love how its cloud system is much more simplified and more efficient than other company's software. It's so much better to use this software to transfer file or share and store my files as it's only a few clicks away from finishing it. I also like how it has a very simple interface compared to other software so users can easily navigate to specific functions if needed. It really does siplify the work and time needed during work time. All-in-all, it's probably the best cloud system in the market right now even with paid subsbcription model.

What do you dislike?

I think one of the problems is that it only gives 14 days free trial before paying for its service. Unlike Google drive or Dropbox, it doesn't give a free service program before paying a premium for expansion. If they can maybe give users some more time for free usage, I think more users can turn into subscription customers if they like the software. More exposure to software leads to more turnover for paid customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always use the free trial period to make sure that it's the right software for you. It's better software than you think so you might as well try it first.

Box is one of the most efficient and simplified cloud software for any business to use. I use it to store, share, and transfer my files with other workers much easier than other softwares.

Box review by Barbara F.
Consultor de eLearning

"the cloud for business"

What do you like best?

Within the advantages of box we have:

1.- You can choose between a free version or one of the paid versions. While the free version has quite a bit of restrictions compared to paid versions, it can help you learn about the wonders that box offers.

2.- Its environment is more defined and ordered than that of other clouds, giving an appearance of elegance and sobriety that is very desirable in the business environment.

3.- The box servers seem to be quite fast, so the upload and download of files is really fast, taking only a few seconds in either of the two options.

4.- It has a pretty good security system, where if you decide to share an important file with another user you can do it through password-protected links, and you can even set the link's expiration date.

5.- As in other clouds, with box you can share folders or documents with other users and give them some privileges like just viewing files or also modify these. You can also do collaborative work in the archives.

What do you dislike?

1.- If you compare box with other more popular clouds, you can see that the free version of box is very limited, since you can only upload files of up to 250 mb, while in the competition you can upload files up to 1GB.

2 .- as in the other clouds, if two people are making changes to a file an edit conflict occurs, which creates an extra copy of the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

box is another cloud storage system just like dropbox or drive. In general box works just like the other clouds can upload and download files (which is done in just a few seconds in box), you can share folders and documents with other users, save personal items and all those things offered by the clouds. But the advantage offered by Box is its professional environment, and I know that perhaps other clouds offer a bit more space, but for work matters the order and organization of Box is appreciated, as well as the "more professional" environment ( especially when you work with more people)

I use box just a few months ago, but in this time I was quite surprised with the speed of its servers with which you can upload files in just a few seconds, and also because of the cleanliness of the environment, which makes it pleasant to work in the so ordered and professional that you see everything.

I currently use box in conjunction with another cloud. In the "other" cloud I have a bit of everything, personal photos, videos, music and varied things, but in box I keep only things from work (client information, class documents), and also some ebook that I have acquired in specialized stores , especially for the level of security and confidence that inspires box as well as the environment is which is more elegant and more business. Also, when I have a mobile application I can access my documents from any place and at any time and review and edit them without having to be connected to a computer (which is very useful when you are traveling to another city).

Box review by Juniper W.
Assistant Account Executive
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Not user-friendly and deletes things without warning"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to upload revisions to the same already-shared link and have the link update without having to resend it. It is very helpful to have a reliable system where I can share large files both within my company and externally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that links expire without warning or email notification and you cannot organize your folder in any understandable way! I wish that the user experience were better, and I wish that we could change certain settings. I also wish that you would receive several alerts either via email, text, or some other form of communication about how long you have until your file gets deleted. I understand why Box deletes folders and files after a certain amount of time, but I wish that it would be more transparent about the timeline and reasoning each time you upload a file. I also think that it would be beneficial if there were a setting that allowed you to prohibit Box from deleting certain files. There are certain links that I would like to revisit but they have expired, which is frustrating considering that the app is meant to save you space on your computer, but it essentially requires me to download each file that someone sends me so that I don't lose it eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you download anything important right away as it often deletes files without warning.

Box allows me to send large powerpoint files that I otherwise wouldn't be able to send. It is really helpful in terms of sharing these files that I need to share, and even with files that are shareable by email, Box loads them much more quickly than my Microsoft Outlook would load them.

Box review by Adam T.
Tax Preparation Analyst
Financial Services

"It's terrific, just not perfect"

What do you like best?

Very secure and compliant. Drag and drop syncing to box.com is a breeze. Great version history control, global search results are very accurate. You can also lock out collaborators via box.com & Box Edit to prevent multiple collaborators working in the same document simultaneously and thus making duplicate versions.

What do you dislike?

While I love the Lock Out tool, you can only use it through box.com, not box sync (the desktop version). Also, syncing via box sync (waiting for your desktop to communicate to the cloud can take a long time).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research some of the special tools and features that make Box Unique.

We have multiple collaborators who provide data for one meeting agenda, so we use box.com and the lock out feature to prevent creating duplicates that don't have all the same data. And on a much larger scale, we use box to store all of our clients' data.

Box review by Chris D.
Academic Testing Manager
(10,001+ employees)

"Box good for higher education "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to share folders with colleges. It's easy to invite collaborators and the hierarchy of folders works very well. I like that you can access BOX through a desktop app just like another file on your computer.

What do you dislike?

The navigation is a bit less intuitive than I would like. You often have to hunt and search around for the functions you want to use such as deleting or moving a folder. It can also be hard to edit a document in Box. I generally have to open the document and then do the editing and save it to box. I would like to be able to do it in Box itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial first. I thin you will like it.

File storage of course is the main one. We have unlimited storage on it. It has also replaces all of our shared drives.

Box review by Megan M.
Delivery Driver
Entertainment

"think inside the "box""

What do you like best?

I enjoy box all the way around. Box offers the choices of having an account through "enterprise, business or personal", along with all the available storage, you are also given the opportunity to choose what of your saved items can be shared with others. And theres nothing like the ability to save whatever you would like to "the cloud"

What do you dislike?

I can not say that there is much that I dislike about Box, I am sure that as I continue to use this app, that something will be unappealing to me, and at that time I will share on another survey, but at this point, I can not say for sure that there is anything that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love box, I think that its great for all uses

not having to file everything paper anymore is amazing, it saves a LOT of space and a ton of work for me and others in the office. It is so much easier to scan and save to box, along with other places in the cloud, my items can also be shared and edited as needed through box

Box review by Erika B.
Research Associate, Healthcare Initiative

"Good for storing documents that do not need frequent updates"

What do you like best?

Box functions very well for storing and sharing documents that do not need to be updated in real-time. I like the organization features that it allows, the ease to add new users, and the broad range of file types that you can add and preview while on the website. I prefer box for sharing background documents with team members.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to continuously update a document in real time and ensure that the new version is available in Box to all of the shared users. Usually you have to upload a new version if you want to make any edits available to all of the shared users in the folder.

Box helps to consolidate large amounts of documents that need to be shared across multiple users. We can assure that all team members have access to all of the information that they need in order to perform their roles and jobs. This especially helpful for literature reviews and catching people up quickly on project background.

Box review by Jose Luis R.
Director de Tecnologia

"Box a fairly efficient Cloud storage tool."

What do you like best?

Box is a cloud storage service that offers infinities of benefits, among which I like most are: that you can share files in real time, either to a specific person or to a work group and as the person goes updating, all the members of the group that have access to the file can see the changes, that is, it allows a much more dynamic work environment. The storage capacity will depend on the kind of user we are, whether personal or business. And finally something that I quite like is that there is the option to synchronize the pc with the box account and therefore simultaneously uploading the files at the same time we edit them on our PC.

What do you dislike?

Although box is an excellent tool, they have some features that are not to my liking as it does not have all the office tools, that is some are very basic and therefore fall short, another feature that I do not like is that when you are editing a shared file can sometimes create conflicts if it is being edited by two people or more at the same time and finally that sometimes there are display problems of some files, ie you need to download them to view them. A very important feature that must be taken into account is that it does not have a free user class and I think the service is a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to other people about this service is that it is an option that obviously has to be taken into account when choosing which cloud service to use but that must also take into consideration the cost of it, since it competes with some other options They have free versions. But the truth is that it meets quite well with the demands that anyone can have at the level of storage in the cloud.

Box has allowed me to solve different problems on very specific occasions and the truth is that it works very well, for example on occasions where I needed the support of some engineer outside the country where I am, also on occasions where I find vacations and need of my support in some work problems that arise, Box has simplified me a lot since it allows me to access the files without having to be present and also the changes that I have made can be visualized by my team in real time.

Box review by Madelyn D.
Accountant I

"Straightforward sharing platform"

What do you like best?

BOX is easy to use because I can share a link with someone and they can instantly go there and upload any files they want me to see. I can also see the upload history, including time, email associated with the person that uploaded documents, and I can limit the access of other users so I can organize everything the way that I want it. I like that I can label certain documents for one department's use, and organize everything a custom way that works for our organization.

What do you dislike?

The normal features of "right click" don't bring up the copy, paste features I love. I also can't create a new folder with a right click, but instead I have to use the dashboard features built into the platform. It's slightly inconvenient, but not enough to stop using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that all employees watch the basic training videos with BOX, because it is just slightly different from other types of cloud services and the training videos could stop those problems before they even happen.

We are speeding up the communications processes and getting information from one department to another very quickly without wasting paper. We also

Box review by Tyler G.
Photographer

"box - a great virtual cloud and syncing service "

What do you like best?

I really like box. It is such a fantastic virtual cloud system. As an engineer at a very new start up company, I appreciate box. The fact that it is free is phenomenal. It provides such fantastic services for a free software. box provides tons of storage and instantaneous syncing to our company and really helps to boost our productivity.

What do you dislike?

The one complaint that I have is that sometimes it has a hard time syncing between both a Mac and a PC. I use both at work depending on what functions I am doing, and it makes it harder to be fluid when it does not always sync the files that I save on the first try. Sometimes I have to open up the box online service in order to resync with each of my individual computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like box a lot better than I like systems such as Google Drive that have downloadable applications as well. They tend to use a ton of battery power on a computer where as the one from box does now. All around great software.

Using box has increased our company's productivity by a lot. The face that you can use it across all of the different types of computers really helps because some people use Macs and some have PCs at our company. It enables anyone to look at files on their respective work stations as long as they have the correct programs.

Box review by Whitney C.
Digital Marketing Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Collab tool with media partners"

What do you like best?

Collaboration with media partners that handle campaign optimizations; tracking of when documents are uploaded, edited and shared; the ability to create notes within the tool to share ideas with all users; the ability to get more storage, bigger max file sizes and advanced security features

What do you dislike?

there's no troubleshooting for not being able to upload documents. It works when it works and doesn't randomly when uploading simple Excel or PowerPoint files; we don't have insight into how each user is using the tool since we are attached to a third party account would have to pay for an upgrade to see usage insights; having to upgrade account in order to get advanced features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check all sharing and storage companies first and make a comparison between each to see which features for your specific company

file sharing with an external partner who cannot be given access to the internal Sharepoint. Quick and seamless sharing with external business partner. Used an archive for media partner's campaign optimization dashboard.

Box review by Elvira M.
Senior Specialist
Banking

"Reliable storage platform to store and share your documents"

What do you like best?

My most used and liked feature is document creating feature inside Box. You can create word, powerpoint, excel or text file through the Box. You don't have to install any separate app. It makes Box unique among similar apps. I can also view any type of document without installing additional app. Box is strongly integrated with office documents and it works very stable. Due to my job I mostly work with documents and therefore Box is my number one choice in online environment.

What do you dislike?

With mobile version of Box I can easily view any type of office document. But when I need to edit such documents I could't find editing option. Box will be number one storage app if developers add editing option to mobile version.

Box is very reliable platform for storing my private documents. There are some documents which I can't send by email. I upload such documents to my Box cloud and share the link with the needed person.

Box review by Marnim G.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Computer Networking

"Excellent File sharing and collaboration software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about box is that it gives great flexibility to editing files on different devices. Also, it can be used from Mac, Windows or Ubuntu devices, meaning great flexibility to use in any company.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I did not like is while signing up to Box the process was a bit complicated, it sends an authorization code and for some reason I faced difficulty receiving it. Anyway, I was able to get it finally and activate my account

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the mobile app which gives great functionality and also use the file sharing option for communicating with partners.

I used to work in Huawei Project Management team and it gave me great flexibility to communicate with my team mates about which work is due and also sharing specific files for that task. It has very user friendly app and gives access using mobile devices which is crucial nowadays.

Box review by Sarah M.
Account Manager

"User Friendly and Easy"

What do you like best?

That I can use it on my computer or phone by downloading the app. The app is easy to use and while using my email on my phone I can attach a file from the box app within seconds. The software is user-friendl