Do you work for Box?

Box Reviews & Product Details

What is Box?

Box is a Modern Content Management Platform for companies of all sizes and industries. The difference that Box brings is that it offers the security and controls admins need with the sharing and collaboration capabilities end users want. Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 43 million users and 62,000 businesses--including 59% of the Fortune 500--trust Box to manage content in the cloud. The Box platform provides HIPAA, FINRA, FedRAMP, and many other compliances to go with granular access permissions and advanced security capabilities. By using Box you can sync, share, and collaborate on all types of files, anywhere, on any device - but that's just the beginning. You can choose where to store your data, to manage your own encryption keys, and set workflows to automate content-based processes. You can also assign custom metadata tags to content, watermark sensitive content, and set file retention or legal hold policies. Box has deep, native integrations with Microsoft Office and Outlook, Google Apps for Work, Salesforce, Netsuite, Docusign, Adobe, and many other best-of-breed solutions you may already be using.

Box Screenshots

Box Reviews

1-50 of 3071 total Box reviews
Box review by User in Information Technology and Services
Most Recent Box Video Review

"Great product for collaboration "

Box review by Amanda W.
Verification Specialist

"A great platform for all!"

What do you like best?

I like that box is seamlessly integrated into our customer relationship management system and is easily used to open all of the documentation that is required for our applications. I can usually rely on Box to work effectively and rarely have technical issues. I can easily share the link of documents that I am reviewing with other coworkers in order to collaborate more effectively and get answers more quickly.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I don't like is that sometimes the system gets overwhelmed and although a tab will be opened to review a document uploaded via Box, it will be blank. Sometimes I will have to refresh the page multiple times or sign back in to get it to work. This happens very rarely and when it does, it is a quick fix to get the system back to functioning normally. Other than this small issue there are really no other large issues that I have ever encountered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is an easy way for many different members of an organization to view and share documentation. It is easy to integrate with the company's CRM platform and for coworkers to share and review documentation.

The business problems that we are solving with Box is the ability to carefully store applicant documentation and make them easy to access for all parties. With Box we can ensure our applicants that their documents are secure but at the same time they are still easily accessible to company employees for review.

Box review by Allie L.
Graduate Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy, secure file sharing"

What do you like best?

With Box, I can easily upload files to folders for my own ease of access from multiple computers, or to folders that are shared with several other people. It makes sharing files, especially larger ones, like long videos, simple. I also love that my Box files sync automatically to my computer.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I've encountered when using Box is that videos can take a long time to upload, or sometimes the upload needs to be restarted in order for it to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Box, I would recommend syncing it to your desktop for the easiest access. I use this feature all the time and really enjoy it! Box is useful for sharing files and storing them securely online while allowing the user to edit, replace, or delete them if needed. It can be used to store research data or materials being used for a collaborative project (especially one in which one or more members of the project team works remotely) and for assignment submissions.

I use Box to store data that needs to be stored securely and also needs to be shared with people who work from a different location than me.

Box review by Tommy L.
Senior Account Executive - Nordics

"Box - the content platform that just works"

What do you like best?

I like the UI, the admin controls. The speed that you can upload files and folders with.

I can access Box anywhere and I can easily share files in a secure way by either putting on an expiry date or if I restrict access to view only or perhaps require a password for downloads.

What do you dislike?

I am not entirely sure what I think could improve Box.

Obviously the time it takes to upload very large video files can be annoying. If you have a High def movie that you want to save in Box so you can watch it on the plane, then it might take some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have concerns about security and you require admin controls of you can access which files, then I think Box is a good platform.

I use Box to store files that I will later need when I have to work on another laptop and if I want to access them while I am on my Ipad.

I also use Box with my Ipad when I present slides at onsite client meetings.

Box review by Ross C.

"Store in the cloud with Box"

What do you like best?

We like Box since its free plan can offer much more than other accommodations in the cloud. It has been easy to use for our company and for the personal use of each worker. You can access and navigate easily through its interface. You can install the tool on your computer or a mobile application where you can access the cloud and synchronize your files in real time wherever you are.

What do you dislike?

From Box we can mention only three things that we do not like.

The first one: It is the limit that free accounts have to upload files of only 250MB

The second: The limitation of some essential functions that you can only use if you have a payment plan.

And the third and the last: It is that we can not protect the shared files.

Of rest we have nothing more to say and we believe that if they improve this tool can be even more complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend you store with Box because it is very easy to use, you can store and synchronize your files in the cloud from your computer or mobile device wherever you are. You can grant permissions to access the files or edit them. If you use your free plan it offers you 10 GB of storage, a little more than what others offer and if you need more space you can acquire your payment and business plans where you can block your files and assign expiration. You can also integrate it easily with the Microsoft Office 365 tool. I have included a security system with the two-factor authentication that makes your account and files more secure.

Box has given us access to our files, edit them, share them, monitor them and synchronize them in different devices, something that allows us to work comfortably from anywhere, something that for us has been very important since our company needs to deliver files, designs, brochures with other employees or customers. On top of that, it helps us to easily protect it with two-factor authentication. It is a modern tool, with a clean and beautiful interface, which makes it pleasant to see when working.

Box review by Winston L.
R&D Manager

"Functional file sharing program but could use some improvements"

What do you like best?

The ability to search is a lifesaver in order to find files or folders. Favoriting files and folders and changing the launch page to favorites. By far the most useful feature has been Box Sync. It synchronizes files on the computer and files on the cloud so that everything on your computer is always backed up.

What do you dislike?

No real way to organize files and folders with everyone sharing them. If you look at the all files/folders view it is impossible to find anything (that's where search comes in handy). Word and Excel compatibility in Chrome does not work well (only opens Online versions and will not open in native Word and Excel).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have key people setup folder structures that people can share files and folders within. That way people have less loose files and folders.

File sharing with coworkers and being able to control permissions. File sharing with people external to the company as read-only files. Version control. Notes are an interesting tool.

Box review by Miguel Ángel D.
Technical Advisor

"Good cloud for all users"

What do you like best?

Good price, good service, and 15 Gb free for users. I like this cloud because you can get a large storage capacity for projects that can be shared without problems with the rest of the workers even if they are not in the office. I have used it to share photos from the phone, office files that have been uploading me, and everything works without problems sharing with the rest of my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I think there are clouds with more storage for less money. It could be cheaper because as the capacity increases it is really expensive, and with unlimited storage provided by other clouds along with other services, something more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the case of needing a cloud for free storage with large space is a very good alternative, and also has fairly good price plans for greater capacity. It is simple, fast, and intuitive, and everyone knows how to use it, with access via web or app. I recommend it to everyone who is an employee and needs collaborative storage in the cloud, who stops using the email and without having to order the folders themselves, the rest of the users sharing the parts of the project that are going away running

In principle, I have used it with colleagues to share files and store documents that live outside of Madrid, and it has been very productive, since it is not necessary to send emails, simply everyone is sharing theirs and everyone has access in real time. The best thing is that it is integrated with office 365 and offers good compatibility with both iOS and Android, as well as being able to use it with macOS.

Box review by Ruben S.
Research Assistant
(Myself Only)

"Lots of Storage Space!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy to see everything on Box is. With the majority of the computer screen being your files, it's simple to find your files. With other cloud storage programs, it seems like the side bars or suggestions are the main part of the program and often make it difficult to just look at what you have. I think the simple set up of Box makes it a superior cloud storage program in these regards.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the the fact that only members of the univeristy where I work are able to access the files stored on Box, even if they have a Box account. In this sense, it makes sharing files to people outside the university a bit of a hassle, whereas programs like Google Drive are available to any individual who has a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want secure online file storage for a large group of individuals with a vast amount of strorage space, Box is easily the best option.

Making sure everyone has access to the files which they need is a common problem in all workplaces. Box helps overcome this problem by giving an easy to use software between one large network, the university. This allows for safer file sharing and a more secure storage of sensitive information. Because the files I work with are very large, keeping files online is a great way to save storage space on my laptop.

Box review by Adam C.
Senior Manager Professional Services
Professional Training & Coaching

"Best Enterprise Document Storage Solution"

What do you like best?

Box is the best overall document storage solution in the market right now. It has a number of really important/great features:

1. Version Control - the ability to lock a document for version control, and the ability to see and manage past versions, including reverting to one.

2. Live collaboration - the integration with Office Online and Google Docs means you can work live in a document with the tools you love and know already, with other users.

3. Great user interface that is clean and easy to use. It has features like favorites, recents, tags, bookmarks, presenter mode, and others that make using the tool easy.

4. permissions are built to enable both control and sharing without too much effort.

5. The ability to see views and other data/metadata about the documents you store is also very nice.

6. Box Notes is a nice notes tool that has templates and a simple/easy to use interface.

7. Integration with other apps and tools makes it extendable and usable in non-standard ways as well.

8. The new Box Drive is very nice, with an up-to-date, streaming file approach.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I really dislike, but I do feel like Workflows and automation could use some attention. Also, a few features I would like are:

1. Ability to customize folders to appear different - right now all shared folders look the same. If I could give them different colors, etc, it would be nice. think adobe lightroom.

2. Would love to be able to create custom views of folders and files, with my own set of columns of info, etc

3. The ability to drag and drop and set the order in which folders appear in a view, without having to manipulate folder names

4. Would love a few more tools in Box Notes.It would be my dream for Box to buy Notion and integrate the two (might not be everyone's favorite, but that would be awesome for me).

5. Better comments and reviewing features would be nice - to be able to put viewable notes on top of a document without having to edit it, for instance - inline. Would be awesome.

6. Ultimately, I would love to see it incorporate more of a wiki flavor into the site as well, so both kinds of documentation could reside in the same place. But that is my own crazy dream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just jump in and start throwing files and folders in. Deliberately architect its organization, permissions, etc before starting. It will make it much better (as with any tool like this).

I have used Box in several companies now. It helps keep documents centralized, share inside and outside the organization, makes documentation accessible and easy to collaborate.

Box review by Lee C.

"Excellent box to store in the cloud"

What do you like best?

From the beginning we can only say good and positive things about Box. It is an excellent program that you can use as a hard disk in the cloud. It offers us a free plan of 10 GB of storage (much more than what other programs offer), ideal for personal use or small businesses that are starting and still can not afford to pay a Pla Pro (which are also not so expensive, in terms of Box price is very accessible). And we must also mention that lets us synchronize our account with the application of our mobile device or a desktop program.

What do you dislike?

At the moment we have nothing negative to say about this program, we can only mention some that can be improved, such as external users can only access the files in reading mode and missing the online edition, the rest is a very program full.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would only recommend that you add more editing privileges to external users or shared files in that case and the online addition.

Box has helped us to store our files in the cloud, to also synchronize them in various devices, such as the mobile from an application or from the computer with a desktop program, you also allow us to manage files, images, documents, videos, sheets of calculations and intagrarlo with Google Docs. We can also download files or folders in ZIP format. All that from the same place.

Box review by Amanda K.
Consultant, Digital Strategy

"Document Storage "

What do you like best?

I have previously used Sharepoint and find Box to be much easier to use. It's got a user friendly interface and simple version control.

What do you dislike?

Box when not maintained appropriately and even when it is, can become a vast cave of past documentation. We have a Box graveyard of kinds of old things that just don't have a place anymore. Having someone in charge of this is important and using common sense naming conventions will help combat this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have the proper administrator for your account. Having someone accountable for the ongoing structure, security and archives for Box is critical to the companies success in using this tool. Without this person, Box can become messy and you will no longer be able to find the things you need and you may end up blaming the tool when in fact, when used correctly the tool is a great resource.

Box allows large teams to work on a single project at the same time through their multiple edit options and allows the leader of a project like myself to understand exactly where it is at in the process and easily update documentation.

Box review by Rafael A.
Configuration Manager

"Very good"

What do you like best?

I think the best from Box is the amount of space we receive for free. Also has a very nice way to share item with everyone you want. It's a friendly user web page, all the options are very clear and it's easy to use, even if you not a all day computer user.

What do you dislike?

I think one thing they can change is the appearance of the web page. I think that the prices for the larger mounts of space is expensive, will result more attractive for the clients if they have more options to choose, that adapt to their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and admin. Has a very good appearance for the user.

At this moment we solved problems like send to our partners files or programs that we couldn't send by email. Now with my new functions in work, I need to have so many things backed up, we call this Configuration Items (CI), in order to be sure that all the things we need to make a program work be save in the cloud.

Box review by Kevin K.
HR Admin

"Good Paid Software "

What do you like best?

I love how its cloud system is much more simplified and more efficient than other company's software. It's so much better to use this software to transfer file or share and store my files as it's only a few clicks away from finishing it. I also like how it has a very simple interface compared to other software so users can easily navigate to specific functions if needed. It really does siplify the work and time needed during work time. All-in-all, it's probably the best cloud system in the market right now even with paid subsbcription model.

What do you dislike?

I think one of the problems is that it only gives 14 days free trial before paying for its service. Unlike Google drive or Dropbox, it doesn't give a free service program before paying a premium for expansion. If they can maybe give users some more time for free usage, I think more users can turn into subscription customers if they like the software. More exposure to software leads to more turnover for paid customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always use the free trial period to make sure that it's the right software for you. It's better software than you think so you might as well try it first.

Box is one of the most efficient and simplified cloud software for any business to use. I use it to store, share, and transfer my files with other workers much easier than other softwares.

Box review by Barbara F.
Consultor de eLearning

"the cloud for business"

What do you like best?

Within the advantages of box we have:

1.- You can choose between a free version or one of the paid versions. While the free version has quite a bit of restrictions compared to paid versions, it can help you learn about the wonders that box offers.

2.- Its environment is more defined and ordered than that of other clouds, giving an appearance of elegance and sobriety that is very desirable in the business environment.

3.- The box servers seem to be quite fast, so the upload and download of files is really fast, taking only a few seconds in either of the two options.

4.- It has a pretty good security system, where if you decide to share an important file with another user you can do it through password-protected links, and you can even set the link's expiration date.

5.- As in other clouds, with box you can share folders or documents with other users and give them some privileges like just viewing files or also modify these. You can also do collaborative work in the archives.

What do you dislike?

1.- If you compare box with other more popular clouds, you can see that the free version of box is very limited, since you can only upload files of up to 250 mb, while in the competition you can upload files up to 1GB.

2 .- as in the other clouds, if two people are making changes to a file an edit conflict occurs, which creates an extra copy of the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

box is another cloud storage system just like dropbox or drive. In general box works just like the other clouds can upload and download files (which is done in just a few seconds in box), you can share folders and documents with other users, save personal items and all those things offered by the clouds. But the advantage offered by Box is its professional environment, and I know that perhaps other clouds offer a bit more space, but for work matters the order and organization of Box is appreciated, as well as the "more professional" environment ( especially when you work with more people)

I use box just a few months ago, but in this time I was quite surprised with the speed of its servers with which you can upload files in just a few seconds, and also because of the cleanliness of the environment, which makes it pleasant to work in the so ordered and professional that you see everything.

I currently use box in conjunction with another cloud. In the "other" cloud I have a bit of everything, personal photos, videos, music and varied things, but in box I keep only things from work (client information, class documents), and also some ebook that I have acquired in specialized stores , especially for the level of security and confidence that inspires box as well as the environment is which is more elegant and more business. Also, when I have a mobile application I can access my documents from any place and at any time and review and edit them without having to be connected to a computer (which is very useful when you are traveling to another city).

Box review by Juniper W.
Assistant Account Executive
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Not user-friendly and deletes things without warning"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to upload revisions to the same already-shared link and have the link update without having to resend it. It is very helpful to have a reliable system where I can share large files both within my company and externally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that links expire without warning or email notification and you cannot organize your folder in any understandable way! I wish that the user experience were better, and I wish that we could change certain settings. I also wish that you would receive several alerts either via email, text, or some other form of communication about how long you have until your file gets deleted. I understand why Box deletes folders and files after a certain amount of time, but I wish that it would be more transparent about the timeline and reasoning each time you upload a file. I also think that it would be beneficial if there were a setting that allowed you to prohibit Box from deleting certain files. There are certain links that I would like to revisit but they have expired, which is frustrating considering that the app is meant to save you space on your computer, but it essentially requires me to download each file that someone sends me so that I don't lose it eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you download anything important right away as it often deletes files without warning.

Box allows me to send large powerpoint files that I otherwise wouldn't be able to send. It is really helpful in terms of sharing these files that I need to share, and even with files that are shareable by email, Box loads them much more quickly than my Microsoft Outlook would load them.

Box review by Adam T.
Tax Preparation Analyst
Financial Services

"It's terrific, just not perfect"

What do you like best?

Very secure and compliant. Drag and drop syncing to box.com is a breeze. Great version history control, global search results are very accurate. You can also lock out collaborators via box.com & Box Edit to prevent multiple collaborators working in the same document simultaneously and thus making duplicate versions.

What do you dislike?

While I love the Lock Out tool, you can only use it through box.com, not box sync (the desktop version). Also, syncing via box sync (waiting for your desktop to communicate to the cloud can take a long time).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research some of the special tools and features that make Box Unique.

We have multiple collaborators who provide data for one meeting agenda, so we use box.com and the lock out feature to prevent creating duplicates that don't have all the same data. And on a much larger scale, we use box to store all of our clients' data.

Box review by Chris D.
Academic Testing Manager

"Box good for higher education "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to share folders with colleges. It's easy to invite collaborators and the hierarchy of folders works very well. I like that you can access BOX through a desktop app just like another file on your computer.

What do you dislike?

The navigation is a bit less intuitive than I would like. You often have to hunt and search around for the functions you want to use such as deleting or moving a folder. It can also be hard to edit a document in Box. I generally have to open the document and then do the editing and save it to box. I would like to be able to do it in Box itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial first. I thin you will like it.

File storage of course is the main one. We have unlimited storage on it. It has also replaces all of our shared drives.

Box review by Megan M.
Owner

"think inside the "box""

What do you like best?

I enjoy box all the way around. Box offers the choices of having an account through "enterprise, business or personal", along with all the available storage, you are also given the opportunity to choose what of your saved items can be shared with others. And theres nothing like the ability to save whatever you would like to "the cloud"

What do you dislike?

I can not say that there is much that I dislike about Box, I am sure that as I continue to use this app, that something will be unappealing to me, and at that time I will share on another survey, but at this point, I can not say for sure that there is anything that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love box, I think that its great for all uses

not having to file everything paper anymore is amazing, it saves a LOT of space and a ton of work for me and others in the office. It is so much easier to scan and save to box, along with other places in the cloud, my items can also be shared and edited as needed through box

Box review by Erika B.
Research Associate, Healthcare Initiative

"Good for storing documents that do not need frequent updates"

What do you like best?

Box functions very well for storing and sharing documents that do not need to be updated in real-time. I like the organization features that it allows, the ease to add new users, and the broad range of file types that you can add and preview while on the website. I prefer box for sharing background documents with team members.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to continuously update a document in real time and ensure that the new version is available in Box to all of the shared users. Usually you have to upload a new version if you want to make any edits available to all of the shared users in the folder.

Box helps to consolidate large amounts of documents that need to be shared across multiple users. We can assure that all team members have access to all of the information that they need in order to perform their roles and jobs. This especially helpful for literature reviews and catching people up quickly on project background.

Box review by Jose Luis R.
Director de Tecnologia

"Box a fairly efficient Cloud storage tool."

What do you like best?

Box is a cloud storage service that offers infinities of benefits, among which I like most are: that you can share files in real time, either to a specific person or to a work group and as the person goes updating, all the members of the group that have access to the file can see the changes, that is, it allows a much more dynamic work environment. The storage capacity will depend on the kind of user we are, whether personal or business. And finally something that I quite like is that there is the option to synchronize the pc with the box account and therefore simultaneously uploading the files at the same time we edit them on our PC.

What do you dislike?

Although box is an excellent tool, they have some features that are not to my liking as it does not have all the office tools, that is some are very basic and therefore fall short, another feature that I do not like is that when you are editing a shared file can sometimes create conflicts if it is being edited by two people or more at the same time and finally that sometimes there are display problems of some files, ie you need to download them to view them. A very important feature that must be taken into account is that it does not have a free user class and I think the service is a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to other people about this service is that it is an option that obviously has to be taken into account when choosing which cloud service to use but that must also take into consideration the cost of it, since it competes with some other options They have free versions. But the truth is that it meets quite well with the demands that anyone can have at the level of storage in the cloud.

Box has allowed me to solve different problems on very specific occasions and the truth is that it works very well, for example on occasions where I needed the support of some engineer outside the country where I am, also on occasions where I find vacations and need of my support in some work problems that arise, Box has simplified me a lot since it allows me to access the files without having to be present and also the changes that I have made can be visualized by my team in real time.

Box review by Madelyn D.
Accountant I

"Straightforward sharing platform"

What do you like best?

BOX is easy to use because I can share a link with someone and they can instantly go there and upload any files they want me to see. I can also see the upload history, including time, email associated with the person that uploaded documents, and I can limit the access of other users so I can organize everything the way that I want it. I like that I can label certain documents for one department's use, and organize everything a custom way that works for our organization.

What do you dislike?

The normal features of "right click" don't bring up the copy, paste features I love. I also can't create a new folder with a right click, but instead I have to use the dashboard features built into the platform. It's slightly inconvenient, but not enough to stop using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that all employees watch the basic training videos with BOX, because it is just slightly different from other types of cloud services and the training videos could stop those problems before they even happen.

We are speeding up the communications processes and getting information from one department to another very quickly without wasting paper. We also

Box review by Tyler G.
Photographer

"box - a great virtual cloud and syncing service "

What do you like best?

I really like box. It is such a fantastic virtual cloud system. As an engineer at a very new start up company, I appreciate box. The fact that it is free is phenomenal. It provides such fantastic services for a free software. box provides tons of storage and instantaneous syncing to our company and really helps to boost our productivity.

What do you dislike?

The one complaint that I have is that sometimes it has a hard time syncing between both a Mac and a PC. I use both at work depending on what functions I am doing, and it makes it harder to be fluid when it does not always sync the files that I save on the first try. Sometimes I have to open up the box online service in order to resync with each of my individual computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like box a lot better than I like systems such as Google Drive that have downloadable applications as well. They tend to use a ton of battery power on a computer where as the one from box does now. All around great software.

Using box has increased our company's productivity by a lot. The face that you can use it across all of the different types of computers really helps because some people use Macs and some have PCs at our company. It enables anyone to look at files on their respective work stations as long as they have the correct programs.

Box review by Whitney C.
Digital Marketing Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Collab tool with media partners"

What do you like best?

Collaboration with media partners that handle campaign optimizations; tracking of when documents are uploaded, edited and shared; the ability to create notes within the tool to share ideas with all users; the ability to get more storage, bigger max file sizes and advanced security features

What do you dislike?

there's no troubleshooting for not being able to upload documents. It works when it works and doesn't randomly when uploading simple Excel or PowerPoint files; we don't have insight into how each user is using the tool since we are attached to a third party account would have to pay for an upgrade to see usage insights; having to upgrade account in order to get advanced features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check all sharing and storage companies first and make a comparison between each to see which features for your specific company

file sharing with an external partner who cannot be given access to the internal Sharepoint. Quick and seamless sharing with external business partner. Used an archive for media partner's campaign optimization dashboard.

Box review by Elvira M.
Senior Specialist
Banking

"Reliable storage platform to store and share your documents"

What do you like best?

My most used and liked feature is document creating feature inside Box. You can create word, powerpoint, excel or text file through the Box. You don't have to install any separate app. It makes Box unique among similar apps. I can also view any type of document without installing additional app. Box is strongly integrated with office documents and it works very stable. Due to my job I mostly work with documents and therefore Box is my number one choice in online environment.

What do you dislike?

With mobile version of Box I can easily view any type of office document. But when I need to edit such documents I could't find editing option. Box will be number one storage app if developers add editing option to mobile version.

Box is very reliable platform for storing my private documents. There are some documents which I can't send by email. I upload such documents to my Box cloud and share the link with the needed person.

Box review by Marnim G.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Computer Networking

"Excellent File sharing and collaboration software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about box is that it gives great flexibility to editing files on different devices. Also, it can be used from Mac, Windows or Ubuntu devices, meaning great flexibility to use in any company.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I did not like is while signing up to Box the process was a bit complicated, it sends an authorization code and for some reason I faced difficulty receiving it. Anyway, I was able to get it finally and activate my account

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the mobile app which gives great functionality and also use the file sharing option for communicating with partners.

I used to work in Huawei Project Management team and it gave me great flexibility to communicate with my team mates about which work is due and also sharing specific files for that task. It has very user friendly app and gives access using mobile devices which is crucial nowadays.

Box review by Sarah M.
Account Manager

"User Friendly and Easy"

What do you like best?

That I can use it on my computer or phone by downloading the app. The app is easy to use and while using my email on my phone I can attach a file from the box app within seconds. The software is user-friendly and makes it easy to share files by sending people an invite through email. This software is good for our company because it allows us to share files with all our reps around the world with one click.

What do you dislike?

One of my dislikes about box is that sometimes all my files won't download and I have to restart my computer. This becomes frustrating because this takes time out of my day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out for a month first to see if it will work well with your companies day to day use. It has a lot of different ways to use it. This platform is user-friendly and easy to learn how to use within 30 minutes.

We can share all our files with reps all around the country. This software is faster and easier than sending the files through an email.

Box review by Brady C.
Head of Business Development

"Easy tool for sharing documents"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. We record all of the sales demos and plug them into box for analysis. We also use Box to allow us to view new and updated content that marketing/sales management has put together. Being able to review files and makes edits to these living documents are crucial.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes sharing can be a little cumbersome as well as being able to navigate through the site. I feel like the training of the product could be a little more in depth. Perhaps a click-through help box when you first get started using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that really helps with collaboration between all departments.

We use Box to communicate documents amongst the team. This is where we can have live documents as well. We have many communication tools (Slack, Skype, gmail, etc.), but being able to organize all of these documents/recordings into one space has been a bit of a hassle. Box fixes that problem.

Box review by Venkat Iyer M.
Principal - Enterprise Cloud Application Services
(10,001+ employees)

"One of the best cloud storages available"

What do you like best?

I have used the free version of Box and absolutely love it. It is easy to use and has all the tools necessary to upload, download, sync files to the cloud. I have tried several other cloud storages like OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon Drive etc. but I seem to prefer Box over all the others. It is easy to setup, simple to use and very intuitive. I am yet to use its collaboration features and hence cannot comment on its features as it relates to collaboration. However, from a pure file storage perspective, I like the product and highly recommend it to others.

What do you dislike?

Cost, Capacity with free account, mobile features could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are many alternatives in the market when it comes to cloud storage, you should definitely evaluate Box and compare its tools, features and capabilities with other products. It may not be for all users or organizations but it can certainly offer a very cost effective option for those who find it useful.

I have used in in two different scenarios. I have used it for my own personal use for backing up files to the cloud and also for my Salesforce projects where I wanted to use Box as the cloud file storage for my org instead of Salesforce files. I was able to integrate it easily with my CRM and realize tremendous cost savings on file storage.

Box review by Mohammed A.
Founder and Chief Editor
Internet

"The Best Cloud Storage Service"

What do you like best?

I love Box. Yes, I love Box and I think it is better than Dropbox. Box is accessible via web, mobile, and desktop application. One of the major reason I love Box over Dropbox is Box Individual offers free storage up to 10GB that is great.

Box offers an unlimited storage plan that only costs $15 /user/month.

What do you dislike?

The major drawback of Box is it only allows file upload limit of 250MB in free individual accounts and also there is no 1TB or 2TB storage option for individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a looking for a secure, powerful cloud storage solution for your business, Box will be the right choice for you.

Box helps us to share files, images, and any kind of digital documents with my co-workers easily. Admins have the authority to block or grant access to a user’s specific devices that means, if you are using Box, everything is in your control.

Box review by Cristian B.
Senior Software Development Manager

"Box for file storage and sharing"

What do you like best?

Collaboration on files is made easier. I am able to sync a folder to my laptop and whenever those files are changed I will see the latest there. Also, my updates will just be uploaded to the server without any action from my side.

Unlimited storage - somehow my company negotiated unlimited storage in Box, which gets one concern out of the picture.

NetSuite integration - using Box instead of the file cabinet really helps us keeping the data size in NetSuite low

Integration with Atlassian Confluence - you can search from Confluence your content in Box

What do you dislike?

The current deal doesn't cover the use of Box API; this prevents me and my team to use this for our automations.

Large files take some time to download, since everything is on cloud and not in the intranet anymore.

Small UI issues when navigating around folders and trying to share files. May be some browser versions compatibility issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need storage and user collaboration on files, you can look at selecting Box. Most likely you can negotiate a good deal.

In terms of storage size Box has lifted a weight over eSilicon's shoulders by having unlimited size. We are even thinking now to change our legacy applications that deal with large files and move everything there.

File collaboration is much more easy now, we were using a shared folder on a network in some branch of the company that was so slow and difficult to use.

Box review by Md. Jubaer Hossain P.
Graduate Research Assistant
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"useful and very user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the way I can manage and share documents with my co-workers. Especially, the GUI is really user-friendly. File uploading is super easy. It is easy to maintain the hierarchy.

What do you dislike?

In general, there is nothing bad about box. However, some of the colleagues in my research group found it hard to share folders with documents in the beginning. But when you use shared link to share files you don't have that issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend this product to others. Especially if you are in academics. My University prefers box over other cloud-based storage. Till now it is one of the top applications for cloud storage.

My Professor prefers box over google drive to share documents with him. In our research lab, we all do the same. Since a lot of my items (as well as my co-workers) are uploaded in google drive or Dropbox (mainly because of auto syncing of certain cloud-based applications), "box" gives me a clean space to keep my official files and source codes. That way I can easily separate my sharable and non-sharable items.

Box review by Alex H.
Customer Service Representative
Telecommunications
(10,001+ employees)

"Multiplatform file sharing for project work"

What do you like best?

Box is a cloud content management and file sharing service for businesses and personal file management alike. It is available for Windows, macOS, and several mobile platforms. Therefore, it provides you with great flexibility to manage your contents across different computers.

What do you dislike?

I did not face any major problems using Box until now. But one minor thing is that the options for the website could be better organized. It took me a bit of time to find the "Embed Widget" option for embedding box in my personal website, although it worked accurately in my website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, easy to handle huge datasets and easy to share contents among teammates.

I was working in a project which required to collect around 150 videos of 10 minutes and required storage for around 150 gigabits. So, I subscribed to 1TB Box storage and it gave me great efficiency for sharing the videos among my teammates. Also, I used the Box widget to get the videos from the users directly; i.e I used Box as the database for users uploading contents in my website.

Box review by Finley N.
Summer Associate
Law Practice

"Great Product and Secure Product"

What do you like best?

The ease of us in this product. Additionally, the seamless integration between desktop and cloud and additional editing functionality within the cloud makes it a go to solution for my business.. Additionally, we love that we can simultaneously work on the product at hand without any bugging or things happening to the file. Other platforms we have used in the past have experienced crashing when multiple people start working on a document.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike. I switched from another product to this because of the benefits and do not regret it. Really, we switched from Dropbox and we are so happy that we did. There is nothing that we don't like or could think of that could use improvement ..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, great software and great team behind it

We are solving cloud sharing and collaboration issues with this product. We have realized increased productivity virtually. Additionally, we are solving our security issues in the cloud platform. Box has great security features and it makes us really comfortable to use it because of all these features that are used and have been proved to be effective at thwarting attacks on data that is stored in the could. Overall, the platform is solving our virtual cloud needs, cloud security needs, virtual collaboration needs, and accessibility and sharing needs. We love Box and we hope that they don't change.

Box review by Carlos A. S.
Coordinador académico

"Interesting features of BOX"

What do you like best?

What I like best of BOX is that it allows me to store and share a variety of files with my students.

Changing the names of the files is very easy. Creating folders and subfolders is a feature that allows you to have everything organized and ready for your students to have access to.and use.

Students are able to contribute with the works done by their peers, they can leave comments and suggest improvements.

Adding collabotarators is very simple.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like so much about BOX is the colores they use to highlight the actions to perform.

Sometimes it is a bit confusing which line or folder is on or selected abd you end up sending the files to a different folder or, given the case that you have too many subfolders, ypue may lose a file and spend some useful time searching for it.

One problem I have had with the mails sent directyly from BOX is that there is not a copy of it in the paltform or anywhere and cannot really see if the message was actualle sent or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider this this tool is very useful when you want to shsre important files with your students.

I my case, I have been able to organize sets of materials for my students to have access too and they have been able to upload some some audio and text files for me to check and assess their progress.

Box review by Mike S.
IT Administrator

"Move to Box for great enterprise-class cloud storage!"

What do you like best?

We had a great experience moving to Box for our project management group. Other groups are still in evaluation as to if it makes sense to use them on Box but there are many benefits to using it on Box. We have the Enterprise package and QuickStart was included where Box provides a dedicated resource to assist with rolling out Box in the organization. QuickStart helps to make sure you are keeping pace with your planned schedule and they provide the training resources and communication documents needed for your users. The software that integrates with Box makes it such a better experience for our users (Box Drive) as it helps to use Box in a way that is familiar to them rather than doing everything on the Box website. The customer service of Box definitely deserves a mention. I feel like I'm being treated as a person, never have to talk to another person because they know their stuff and it's a fast response time. I've done customer service for years and know what good service means so working with the Box Support Team is definitely great!

What do you dislike?

When you are invited to collaborate on a folder, that folder then appears in your 'All Files' view which is your default home page when you login. After you are invited to a number of projects, you start to have a cluttered view. It is not possible to create a folder called 'Projects' and then 'organize/move' these folders where you have been invited into the Projects folder. It is probably the biggest pet peeve of our users. As an admin owning the entire folder structure, I see the organized hierarchical view. But for users who see only certain parts of the folder structure further down, it gets messy quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a dedicated Box 'champion' that can dedicate time and effort into the rollout every day to make the transition easier for users whatever that may look like (group training, 1-on-1 training, weekly Box tips, etc).

We are storing all of our project management files on Box and because of the ongoing collaboration with team members in the field, it helped solve the problem of being able to access the files remotely (site office) and on the go (mobile devices).

Box review by Prithav K.