G2 Crowd builds the world's largest business commerce platform fueled by $100M in funding 馃殌

Box

(2,415)

Box lets you store all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share it from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce and access Box on mobile devices.

Work for Box?

Learning about Box?

Box Reviews

Ask Box a Question
Showing 2,420 Box reviews
Box review by Carlos A. S.
Carlos A. S.

"Interesting features of BOX"

What do you like best?

What I like best of BOX is that it allows me to store and share a variety of files with my students.

Changing the names of the files is very easy. Creating folders and subfolders is a feature that allows you to have everything organized and ready for your students to have access to.and use.

Students are able to contribute with the works done by their peers, they can leave comments and suggest improvements.

Adding collabotarators is very simple.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like so much about BOX is the colores they use to highlight the actions to perform.

Sometimes it is a bit confusing which line or folder is on or selected abd you end up sending the files to a different folder or, given the case that you have too many subfolders, ypue may lose a file and spend some useful time searching for it.

One problem I have had with the mails sent directyly from BOX is that there is not a copy of it in the paltform or anywhere and cannot really see if the message was actualle sent or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider this this tool is very useful when you want to shsre important files with your students.

I my case, I have been able to organize sets of materials for my students to have access too and they have been able to upload some some audio and text files for me to check and assess their progress.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Box
Box review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Move to Box for great enterprise-class cloud storage!"

What do you like best?

We had a great experience moving to Box for our project management group. Other groups are still in evaluation as to if it makes sense to use them on Box but there are many benefits to using it on Box. We have the Enterprise package and QuickStart was included where Box provides a dedicated resource to assist with rolling out Box in the organization. QuickStart helps to make sure you are keeping pace with your planned schedule and they provide the training resources and communication documents needed for your users. The software that integrates with Box makes it such a better experience for our users (Box Drive) as it helps to use Box in a way that is familiar to them rather than doing everything on the Box website. The customer service of Box definitely deserves a mention. I feel like I'm being treated as a person, never have to talk to another person because they know their stuff and it's a fast response time. I've done customer service for years and know what good service means so working with the Box Support Team is definitely great!

What do you dislike?

When you are invited to collaborate on a folder, that folder then appears in your 'All Files' view which is your default home page when you login. After you are invited to a number of projects, you start to have a cluttered view. It is not possible to create a folder called 'Projects' and then 'organize/move' these folders where you have been invited into the Projects folder. It is probably the biggest pet peeve of our users. As an admin owning the entire folder structure, I see the organized hierarchical view. But for users who see only certain parts of the folder structure further down, it gets messy quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a dedicated Box 'champion' that can dedicate time and effort into the rollout every day to make the transition easier for users whatever that may look like (group training, 1-on-1 training, weekly Box tips, etc).

We are storing all of our project management files on Box and because of the ongoing collaboration with team members in the field, it helped solve the problem of being able to access the files remotely (site office) and on the go (mobile devices).

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Box review by Ashley J.
Ashley J.

"Makes it easy and convenient to share documents"

What do you like best?

The ease with which you can share documents and both be working on something at the same time. It allows you to create a folder on your laptop as well but if you open up things from the folder they open in microsoft word or excel. It is best to access the files online when multiple people are editing at once so to be able to see the edits.

What do you dislike?

If you download the box folder to your laptop and work on a doc from there and someone else is doing the same the app will create two of the same folder (neither folder will have both edits, one will have the edits from one collaborator and one will have the edits from the other collaborator). This can be tricky when you have to condense the two folders to one because you might not notice which edits are on which doc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use it online when you are collaborating on a document (like when multiple people are working on the same thing at the same time) so to avoid having multiple copies of the same thing in the folder.

Sharing files that are needed by multiple members of the same team as well as sharing files that are needed by members of multiple teams. Since I also have the box folder on my laptop I can work on work things while not having internet access which is nice when I am traveling or find myself somewhere with wear access.

Box review by Isaac S.
Isaac S.

"Box is great"

What do you like best?

Box is really great for sharing our business items with the whole team, to any location. In our industry, things are currently in the process of being moved to online storage from paper files. Box has made it really easy to store, transfer, and track online processing of applications and data we need to use from multiple locations. In the past, when we used only paper files, if someone was in our second office, we would need to have something faxed to us, and the quality would be really low. Box has allowed us to store things and get access to them from any location, which has been really great!

What do you dislike?

It sometimes takes a long time to load the website

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending how much information you need to share to other users in your company, i would recommend looking into adding more storage space to your box profile.

We use Box to store our documents, and to transfer things from one office to the next.

Box review by Faith G.
Faith G.

"The best cloud storage service"

What do you like best?

It's SUPER simple to create a folder, add content (drag and drop being the best option for me), and share it.Box used to be restricted for our organization where you needed to include singular clients (by email or name query) which took quite a while if there were many clients that need get to. But now box has the option to use link sharing with a setting for "People in your company" which now makes sharing a folder a snap if you just need to give people access to download the files

What do you dislike?

Folder organization on folders that have been shared with me is kind of a pain. There's no way to move a folder shared with me into another folder without being an editor, and if I am an editor it changes the location for everyone who can access the folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any type of file sharing is where you'd want to use Box, including local storage that's backed up to the cloud using your Box Sync folder. Some situations where it might not be appropriate would be for sharing intellectual property, or export controlled information. We have some restrictions in my org prohibiting the use of Box for those purposes. This is probably on a case by case basis depending on your company.

Box is utilized in my association as our document sharing tool. We frequently utilize this for storing team files, preparing content, group notes, and so on, in pretty much all aspects of our association. Essentially say that, without Box, we would have no real way to share documents which would keep us from working

together from various perspectives.

Box review by Jacob T.
Jacob T.

"Box is a great product for collaborating with your team and as a Important Documents Repository"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of box, and how seamless it is to save, update, share files as if I am saving them on my computer's local drive. I also love the attention to security Box focuses on all their products and features. I like that the product makes it easy to store, search and collaborate with other members of me team, without disrupting how I normally conduct my day to day work. I think the box is the best cloud storage solution for any enterprise level company with its robust security and attention to improving and innovating where enterprise companies need the most attention to solving problems. Box does not only say that they will innovated, but actually focuses on innovating where enterprise customers actually ask for new products and solutions. I like that box has focused on improving how we do business, and how we store and protect our most critical documents.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the Box Desktop App has some limitations to it, that makes using it not as seamless as some of its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its one of the leaders in its space, and if anyone is focused and concerned with security of documents and information, they should definitely think about using Box in the future.

We are solving organizational and collaboration problems we have had in the past with legal. It's a great Repository for all our important signed contracts, where as before files were save all over.

Box review by Jose R.
Jose R.

"Box a cloud storage tool par excellence"

What do you like best?

Box a tool that consists of the storage of data or information in the cloud, which has many benefits at the business level as a personal one, in both aspects it has benefits, since it offers packages for both private users and for companies and is undoubtedly a service that Nowadays it becomes necessary, among what I like the most about Box is that it allows you to share content with all the network of people that is necessary in real time without it being necessary to send information to user by user, information shared through box by the organization or the members of the organization to which we belong can be viewed from any device, either tablets, cell phones or laptops. And one of the most important things in my opinion and what I like most is that it can be viewed online without the need to download the documents, thus streamlining the process, besides that they can be edited from the same tool and finally I like the fact that you can parameterize the content that is uploaded, that is, we can decide if the content is editable, if it is downloadable, among other options.

What do you dislike?

It is well known that nothing is perfect and therefore everything has its disadvantages, it is about Box in my opinion its disadvantages are absolutely minimal and are reduced to that sometimes there can be conflicts when editing any file online and this happens and two or more people are editing it simultaneously, which sometimes falls short with the editing tools but this can be easily solved, downloading the file, editing it and uploading it back to the cloud and the last disadvantage is that in very specific cases some files you can not visualize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is one of the best storage tools in the cloud that exists, and is the most used by business organizations for the benefits and packages it offers. It is undoubtedly a necessary tool in companies both for the support it implies and the same business management that involves being able to share documents in real time.

Box is a tool that at the business level allows us to solve many problems, I particularly use it to maintain contact and keep active with my work team despite not being physically present and thus be able to continue with the projects in progress. It allows me to work in real time and at the same time with my respective working group and allowing us to have a backup in the cloud in case of any emergency of lost documents in the devices in which they are stored. In conclusion Box is a tool that undoubtedly simplifies the work and allows greater communication at the level of sharing data, documents, images, projects, whatever the content we need to share or endorse. It is a tool that facilitates the work, allowing a constant feedback at work level.

Box review by NISHANT P.
NISHANT P.

"Great Cloud tool for file sharing and making world digitial"

What do you like best?

Box allows to share important files without email attachments .instead sending receipt where they can download it .you set expiration dates and assign passwords for files to outside parties like clients for added security Box is easy to use and upload the file and very straight forward Syncing ia also possible and mobile application works perfectly

What do you dislike?

Box only provide 5GB of file storage and in paid version you can only upload 5GB file

not more .And there is no annual discount. the most think i don't like is waterfall permission .Box is not widely integrated as Dropbox and one drive solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

File sharing is the best way with added extra feature of expiration time. plans are at reasonable rate

Box help to share documents and file instantly save time . and keep expiration of file sharing for third parties . This feature is the best in box. It great way to keep files securely in a concentrated area and easy to access from any external network

Box review by Carlos R.
Carlos R.

"Very interesting as a Cloud Storage tool"

What do you like best?

These are the options that I like most about this tool:

The free version is very good, since it never expires and the space in the free version is very large.

The application for the mobile works perfectly, both on Android and iOS.

The applications for Windows and for macos also works very well.

The ease of uploading files from any platform and backing up your files.

Free is the best way to present a tool.

What do you dislike?

The following notes are the negatives that I see in this platform.

It is not completely free.

Sometimes the applications have some faults.

the transfer speed on some occasions is somewhat slow.

Sometimes I lost data without knowing why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I think that if you recommend this platform for other people to use, I have already recommended it.

in the beginning they gave away 50gb for creating an account. This was more than 5 years ago.

and the truth that always works very well, comparing it with other storage platforms in the cloud.

The truth is that it has many possibilities for someone to use it in a company.

I was benefited when delivering files to people who do not know how to send large files.

And it can help anyone to be able to send large files to anyone without having to install any tool.

Box review by Jon G.
Jon G.

"Muy interesante como herramienta de Almacenamiento en la Nube"

What do you like best?

Estas son las opciones que mas me gustan de esta herramienta:

La versi贸n gratuita es muy buena, ya que nunca caduca y el espacio en la versi贸n gratuita es muy grande.

La aplicaci贸n para el movil funciona perfectamente, tanto en android como en ios.

Las aplicaciones para Windows y para macos tambi茅n funciona muy bien.

La facilidad de subir archivos desde cualquier plataforma y hacer copias de seguridad de tus archivos.

Gratis es la mejor forma de presentar herramienta.

What do you dislike?

Las siguientes apuntes son los negativos que le veo a esta plataforma.

No es del todo gratuita.

En algunas ocasiones las aplicaciones tienen algunos fallos.

la velocidad de transferencia en algunas ocaciones es algo lenta.

Algunas veces he perdido datos sin saber por que.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si, creo que si que recomentadira esta plataforma para que la usen otras personas, ademas ya la he recomendado.

en sus inicios regalaban 50gb por crear una cuenta. esto fue hace mas de 5 a帽os.

y la verdad que siempre funciona muy bien , comparandola con otras plataformas de almacenaje en la nube.

La verdad es que tiene muchas posibilidades para que alguien pueda usarla en una empresa.

A mi me a Beneficiado a la hora de entregar archivos a personas que no conocen la forma de enviar archivos grandes.

Y puede ayudar a cualquiera a poder enviar archivos de gran tama帽o a cualquier persona sin necesitas de tener que instalar ninguna herramienta.

Box review by Naveen G.
Naveen G.

"Great for managing contents"

What do you like best?

Box is very user friendly and easy to use, The security related features are quite powerful, as it allows you to set users as editors, reviewers etc. Allows us to share large documents with the team and with clients.

Although there are many choices like Dropbox, Google, Sharepoint, Box is a very popular choice for managing contents.

What do you dislike?

At times searching for content can be a challenge. In free version there are limitations related to sharing large files. However over all it is a well designed popular app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the market for File storage on the Cloud, then do evaluate Box as well.

We need to share documents internally within the organization so that they are available within the team. It is much easier to manage documents on a cloud storage rather than using email. Also we can give different level of access to users based on business needs.

Box review by Jess E.
Jess E.

"Remote access to your files done well"

What do you like best?

I like that Box feels a lot like having the files local. I can name the files and even have the thumbnail for the link to my Box folders look like a regular folder. I appreciate being able to access my files anywhere. Box is also very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit to load the files sometimes, and I really wish I could 'preview' a file the way you can with a local file. I prefer local files for larger things like images sometimes so I can get to them more quickly, but it is done better in Box than in similar programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it the way you would use files and folders on your computer. This will make it easier to use and to navigate.

My files aren't taking up valuable hard drive space and causing memory problems as a result. I can access my files whether I'm at work, home, or even in a public place. Files are accessible on my phone or tablet, as well, without any additional effort from me.

Box review by Sandeep R.
Sandeep R.

"Great file-sharing platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to sign up, easy to use and it allows you to sign up for free and provides 10GB of free storage. Moreover, it allows you to share important files without email attachments by using download link. The level of privileges that are provided to the user can be modified. This in turn ensures the security of the content that is uploaded on Box. You can easily view and download the older versions of the same file if you have already used box to update the file.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the company to increase the storage capacity provided on the default free account by at least 20GB to 30GB since the original capacity of 10 gigs might put of some of the potential users. Also, there is room for it to be more structured than its current available version.

I guess there is a minimum requirement of three users per account, and a maximum of 10 people with the starter plan. For small businesses and start-ups, this might be a major concern.

Box review by Bakhtawar A.
Bakhtawar A.

"Similar Software Also Available Offering Better Services and Features"

What do you like best?

Box is easy to use and uploading files is also very straightforward. Syncing is also possible and the mobile application even works perfectly. Box account is set up in no time and the interface is also very user friendly. A great colorful software theme and offers 10 GB worth of Data Storage free

What do you dislike?

The features I mentioned above are something offered by every other similar storage software. Not anything unique as such and I would use and recommend Dropbox to people for storage reasons. Dropbox has higher free storage space and much more rich features. Not a big fan of Box. Pricing is also higher and I think it should be reduced to target the masses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No, I wouldn鈥檛 recommend this software. Other software available which are easier to use and offer more free storage space and features.

I use this software for my business related documents. All my important files and documents which are supposed to be kept privately are saved in my Box account. I use multiple storage software like Box for different files according to their nature. Box is where I store all my project related documents, files, meeting recordings and other data. I am not exactly impressed by the software and use it only as a last resort.

Box review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Easy to use, more options than google"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Dropbox paper is probably it's ease of use and the flow of the documents you upload. Everything is very nicely organized by check boxes all the way down to the specific files. Finding the documents you want and sharing them has never been easier.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike about using dropbox paper is that it's not as connected to other applications I might use in the way that google is. With google, I'm already using gmail, hangouts, etc., so using docs is a bit more convenient than pulling up dropbox, but not by much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a really great tool for file sharing, collaborative use, SOPs and policies, etc.

Document sharing and quality control are the two biggest problems being solved for me when using Box. It's very easy to see who edited what and when, so people don't get confused and don't do more work than they need to do.

Box review by Kristen W.
Kristen W.

"great cotent managemetn & sharing tool"

What do you like best?

I like box because it is easy to use, easy to add contributors and has great access privileges. You have the option to set people as editors, viewers, uploaders etc and I think this feature is good for security control, such as if you want to use this tool internally or share this tool with clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the structure of the way the documents are displayed. It is just displayed in a long list, there are no easy ways to search for things. although, to be fair there is a folder grouping tool that you can use to organize the content and documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are many other options similar to box. now a days everything has some sort of content management solution or cloud drive. box depends on what the company is using it for. i think it works best for smaller to medium sized businesses with no more than 100 contributors. for larger content management solutions maybe sharepoint etc is better.

business problems that are solved are, sharing content without going over the maximum size on email. it solves space/ memory drive issues when you do not have room on your computer, you can save it on box.

Box review by Marjorie de Jesus B.
Marjorie de Jesus B.

"It is an alternative to share and store files quickly and safely."

What do you like best?

What I like most is that you can store a large amount of files that can be important both to the company as well as personal files, you can share files from a folder to the PC directly in the cloud, which facilitates the use, it is very intuitive and easy to use and other words a good alternative in storage.

What do you dislike?

It does not have basic office tools, in addition to visualizing a file of word, excel power point, it is not seen correctly as well as the videos, which it is necessary to download, this is a very egativo point and to download in the case of ue another user wants to observe some files that must be stored, but if they could be visualized, it saves space and is much safer for the protection of the equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Due to the qualities it possesses, this product is recommended because if it stores the files correctly, as well as it is very easy to use, an interface very suited to the needs of the user and it is fast, it has basic but useful tools.

The benefits is that it allows a safe and additional storage supporting different files, based on a warm environment and easy access, it is an alternative when it is necessary to save important data of the company or of the work done, avoiding oversaturating both the company's equipment like the personal ones.

Box review by Madison R.
Madison R.

"Easy to Use, Efficient App"

What do you like best?

Multiple people can be working on the same file. You can upload large files to share with the entire office. It is a very transparent tool. You can also be offline and view all of your files as if they are stored in your computer, as long as it is already synced.

What do you dislike?

There can sometimes be glitches in the app where it does not save all of the edits that someone made. Which can be scary! It is has happened in minor occasions though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am unsure about pricing but I definitely recommend Box for file sharing, multiple people revising those files and organization. They have an app version that is really efficient. You don't have to go to the web to use it.

It is a "files on demand" tool. The entire office will immediately know of any changes to plans/schedules/revision.

Box review by Daniel O.
Daniel O.

"My photos, videos and documents with a lot of storage capacity. Save your data in real time"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the storage capacity, even for the free version accounts with 50 Gb of space, which to start has helped me to store my library of photos in the cloud, accessing the photos is easy and simple, You can also share it through a link to my friends. You can see the photos in a preview that allows you to select the photos. As for the documents you have support for word files, power point, excel and pdf files, even with preview, and the best thing is to synchronize everything with the computer. It has a history of last access of each file so you can see when it was the last time a file was used, it has been useful for me, when I left the session open, and it has allowed me to see if someone manipulated my files.

What do you dislike?

You should incorporate a preview of the videos in order to be able to select correctly without having to download them, although the capacity for the free version is good, being able to share large files is a problem since they are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

give you an opportunity because it has data synchronization software and a good amount of free space in the cloud ready to use, it offers more free storage space than others of the competition and the paid version is really attractive.

It is a very attractive option for the storage of files in the cloud, it has allowed me to keep the files in general, since I have lost computer information, due to electrical problems, and thanks to the fact that I keep certain important folders in Box, I have been able to use again those files and continue with the work where I left it.

Box review by Paola S.
Paola S.

"It is an excellent platform that provides cloud storage service that does not depend on one or sever"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, it has 10 GB in its free version, it is one of the oldest cloud services so it is very reliable. It is available in several languages, it is multiplatform available for Window, Android and iOS systems. As a user you can determine how to share information with other users. In the paid version it allows you to increase the storage space up to 1000 GB. Doesn麓t require a contract for cloud-based deployment, has a website and a live chat support and support community.

What do you dislike?

The storage space in its free version could be larger, the free version is for 14 days could increase it to a month which would be appreciated by small entrepreneurs who want to hire the business service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

increase the free storage space a bit

It is more oriented to business and not the general public. In the free trial you can not share the folders with the members of your work team, to apply for this tool you must have the paid version

Box review by Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.

"Easy to use, supports large files and good version control"

What do you like best?

I like that multiple users can edit a document using microsoft online. This makes it easy to collaborate as a group and track any updates. You can see who is also in the document and which version was updated by which user. This feature is great for a large team working in different locations. You can also lock a file instead while editing it to prevent others from going into the file. It's also great because it supports many large files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on the microsoft online for Box you cannot access all the features such as filtering excel columns, or zooming in or out is difficult.

Main business problem solved: File Sharing for many large files and disseminating documents globally to other team members.

Benefits: Easy to access and store all documents relating to the project for anyone who needs access, and they can go find a relevant documents. More efficient as it saves people time to email back and forth and difficulties sharing large files.

Box review by Ashish C.
Ashish C.

"Box- A reliable and secure application for my files"

What do you like best?

It is really difficult to trust any application for storing your sensitive files to be accessed from anywhere in the world. But Box is one of the best cloud based services which helped me to store my files securely and also to edit it and re-store from anywhere. Also I liked its efficient sharing and collaboration feature for documents. Nice application for everyone who work online!

What do you dislike?

Could not find anything unfavorable in this application as it is superb and well designed. One thing I would like to suggest is that the integration of a direct chat window with the support in the user dashboard or direct email support. It might help users to quickly chat with the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A reliable and secure storage application for all your files and documents.

Storing files on a secure server. Easy upload and share of important documents for collaboration. An application on which our business can trust!

Box review by Shiloe F.
Shiloe F.

"Great for File-Sharing between Co-workers and Beyond"

What do you like best?

Disclaimer: Our University utilizes Box, so we don't pay a subscription fee. That being said, it's price for 1tb of storage is better than Dropbox's, so I would most likely choose Box over Dropbox for a paid subscription.

That aside, I do really like this product. It works seamlessly on my computer to my phone, and it makes editing files on the go easy with the Office suite. I also enjoy that I can send links with permissions to people outside the organization, so I don't have to invite them to an entire folder.

I also really enjoy the ability to have roles inside each of the box folders that are being shared.

What do you dislike?

Syncing can sometimes be an issue, and when it comes to Mac/PC, filenames can be a bit tricky. We have to make sure that we're using consistent characters that the PC accepts for filenames. Other than that, I really don't have a lot of issues with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Another feature of box that is really helpful is being able to assign roles inside the boxes you're sharing. This helps when you have different levels of users who are sharing the same box. Also it's plans are reasonably priced.

We are able to have one place where each of our department keeps files that we need to share. It has helped us several times when we've had a machine crash as all the files are in the cloud as opposed to on a hard drive. We use it for sharing files with outside companies as well, and find that it has a few less clicks for those users than Dropbox did, which makes it easier for those we share with.

Box review by John D.
John D.

"Very powerful tool for business but training is critical to success"

What do you like best?

Product integration with third parties, compliance and governance. We use the product for users that need to collaborate with external clients but require compliance to meeting audit and security requirements. We are also considering the tool as a way to eliminate file servers.

What do you dislike?

I do not like waterfall permissions. For users and admins in an existing window environment, it is a major training hurdle to get people to understand waterfall permissions and the very flat file structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is a solid company with a great solution, but you need to be careful with the sales side of the business. They are overly aggressive and often fail to listen to their customers. Companies need to be very careful and review the TOS and know what they are getting into before making the jump. Plan the deployment very carefully and make sure you use professional services.

The biggest problem we are solving for is external collaboration.

Box review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Box.com has the space you need."

What do you like best?

Box.com has the ability to be an enterprise level solution to your storage needs. Box.com allows for robust security and user management. We use Box for our marketing collateral and collaboration. When used with other channels like Slack and email we get the most benefit. Box has the ability to embed and use a call out or URL to be reached. We don't use this feature much, but it is good to have the option.

What do you dislike?

Box is not as widely integrated as a Dropbox or Onedrive solution. While that is not a showstopper it does take careful consideration of integration concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box should be top of your considerations for a cloud storage solution. It checks all the boxes on price, security and ease to implement.

Content management and storage. Secure document sharing. Marketing collateral and collaboration. Team content distribution.

Box review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Great way to share files securely"

What do you like best?

I like that it easily lets you comment on each others uploads and very visually shows what document version you are on and who uploaded it.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little less sterile in its graphic presentation. It is kind of a colorless UI, but I suppose that is appropriate for a business environment. However, I feel like an option of perhaps being able to color code/flag things would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use it. It is a great way to keep files securely in a concentrated area, and it is very easy to access from home or an external network.

We are using Box as a way to securely exchange sensitive company information that could not be securely exchanged on a normal email server. It is a great option for companies with external and/or work-from-home employees.

Box review by Huda K.
Huda K.

"Security is Top Notch"

What do you like best?

Box has various packages and there is even one option to have it for free. So a person can first sign up for the free version and then upgrade it to a premium package later. The free version gives 10 GB of free data space. One of the best things about this software is that Box allows us to save entire folders contain data making sorting and classification much more easy.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few problems with the mobile application software as it requires a strong internet connection to download and upload files from our Box cloud. No problems other than this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to corporate individuals whether for their work or personal use. Won't regret this decision at all.

For me, security is very important. When I upload files to m box server, I feel secure that my box application won't crash later or get hacked and my files are safe. Whenever I have to save some important work related document, I always choose Box because of its ease of use and can even be accessed by phone. As I am travelling almost 3 days a week, with Box, I am always able to take my files wherever I go making my life easier.

Box review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"Easy Collaboration "

What do you like best?

I like that box is easy to navigate and allows you to collaborate with your teammates/colleagues on different projects. It works as a communication center for me at work to keep people updated on the status of different projects.

What do you dislike?

I don鈥檛 like that you can鈥檛 edit things directly on box. Using the Microsoft online or excel online causes there to be a little bit of delay sometimes and if many of us are working on a project at once it can make things confusing.

We use box at work to communicate who is working on what projects. I work as a large group of interns and there are many of us with different tasks and jobs and box helps us keep all of our work organized as well as allowing for communication about projects.

Box review by Shelby R.
Shelby R.

"Great sharing tool!"

What do you like best?

The best part about Box is the sharing capabilities. When sharing a file it's very easy to get the link created and I also love how you can see, on the right hand side of the page, who all in apart of that specific folder. Another great thing, when you are sharing a folder, the icon will change to a little blue group as opposed to just a regular manila folder icon. Another great feature is the notes. If there is any piece on information that needs to be included in your folder, you can easily make a note that will appear as a line item in your folder. This functions as a document that you can add as much information as you need. So cool!

What do you dislike?

When downloading many videos at once from different folders, sometimes there are files that fall through the cracks and the download doesn't go all the way through. I've had trouble logging in before, the cashe on my unit somehow jammed it up, I thought that was weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn all of the collaborative features, this is a hidden gem. We have really found a great solution here!

With Box, we have found a great solution for sharing files. We don't use it for storage space but it does a great job virtually sharing different items among many different people. It is very collaborative!

Box review by Jake F.
Jake F.

"Enterprise Box Application"

What do you like best?

Ability to seamlessly search across and in files, ability to access files across platforms and large storage quotas enabling us to share large files. Box has quickly become my teams go to for file sharing and organization and its intuitive hierarchies and quick preview capability make it easy to find documents across teams, projects, and versions.

What do you dislike?

Desktop applications and integrations are lacking and often crash or break causing the need for a reload. Box's functionality definitely works best when being used in the cloud from a browser. There also isn't analytics at the user level, so reviewing usage has to be done at the file level and then manually aggregated unless you have admin privileges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure Box can integrate with your security solution for SSO and meets your data integrity and retention requirements. Also look at pricing third party integration software to create a seamless experience from the desktop to Box as the current desktop application only allows basic functionality (and only when its working). Also check out some of the Box note features, we've found they're a great way to collaborate if you're not using a cloud enabled collaboration tool.

Enterprise wide storage of documents and collaborative document sharing. Box allows our company to centralize document storage and management across users with scalable storage depending on user needs. Box has simplified the sharing of both large and small files with easy to share links, also saving large amounts of inbox space. Access controls and version controls have been critical to adoption and allow us to securely collaborate and quickly refer to older versions of a file.

Box review by Dakota E.
Dakota E.

"Good cloud storage product with good file sharing capabilities"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to upload documents and share them with people who do not have a Box.com account. You can easily give access to read, edit, download or share documents.

What do you dislike?

I do not like to layout of their website. It is a list based website rather than a graphical representation and organization of files. I also do not like that you can not collaborate with colleagues on documents in a live environment like you can with Google docs for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product for storing documents in the cloud for use anywhere, however, it does have limited features for collaboration.

The office I work at is the head office for the Company I work for. We also have other offices as well as employees that work at home or offsite. This presented a problem for us as we stored our shared files on premises at our head office. We needed a solution for sharing documents with off-site employees and Box.com helped us to achieve this.

Box review by Brendan S.
Brendan S.

"Half-Baked Business Dropbox?"

What do you like best?

Box allows us to store all relevant team documents in one cloud-based platform, giving all team members quick access to all files from anywhere in the world.

What do you dislike?

Personally I don't see the value add of Box. Is it a Business Dropbox? Is it a Google Drive Replacement? What makes this different to the countless other competitors? For me box is rather slow, unintuitive and if like us, you have thousands of folders, it can be extremely hard to find anything in the "universal" search bar. It feels as though Box is trying to give you access to too many files at once, always missing what you are really looking for.

Personally, I don't not see any advantage of using Box over Google Drive, which is not only FREE but also cross compatible with a HUGE range of services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box needs to find features that add value to the platform. It is simply too stale and does nothing especially well. It is a all-round mediocre, there is no killer feature for it to stick out of the crowd - This has to change.

Box allows us to all access company files from one decentralised cloud-based solution. This makes it easy to have team specific folders for anyone to access without requesting permission from colleagues or other teams.

Box review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"easy and fast"

What do you like best?

I can work and share documents easily and I am sure that everything is stored securely. I appreciate the layout and how everything is organized.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the only thing is that I would improve how to find files and make it more clear in order to find my file easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really useful if you work with other people and you need to share your files in a secure way, or to work on them as a team. It's useful if you need to find your files and you don't have your laptop with you, you just have to log in to box and you will have everything there!

Working with a team of people is much more easy with box! We don't have to send important info through email and I am sure that I can find what I need from different devices, wherever I am.

Box review by Maria D.
Maria D.

"Box Makes File Sharing Easy"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to sync files and keep track of who is making edits to files. I like that even if you 'delete' something Box holds onto it for a bit just in case it was in error. Which is helpful when a lot of people are using the same files.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally something will glitch with syncing where it will try to sync the entire contents of my company's box to my computer which obviously causes my computer to crash because it can't hold everything. It is rather frustrating to fix those situations - but it's only happened twice and for the most part no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After using both box and Dropbox for some time, I definitely think Box is easier for sharing with a team and makes the syncing process simpler than Dropbox. Easy custom searching by file types and names makes it easy to search years of content.

Sharing files quickly between many employees - in house and remote. Keeping records and archives of everything we create for easy reference.

Box review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Strong Web Presence with Need to Improve Mobile"

What do you like best?

Box, especially in its enterprise solutions, is dynamic and works very well for organizing files, as well as for editing files live and saving them back up to the cloud. I am a big fan of Box Edit for this - and how saving in the documents reflects in instantaneous updates on the main file (including versioning).

What do you dislike?

Box Sync, and the mobile apps, leave a lot to be desired. Box Sync does not easily force a sync back up to the cloud, and its interface is clunky (just a simple on/off switch, not even the ability to do more customizable work). The Box apps are similarly clunky - they're not optimized for pinch-and-zoom screens, nor are they very quick/responsive to open files, the two most important things when looking to go paperless on the job site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate how much space you need. Really.

I use Box for quick and dirty access to files when on the go. When things are constantly changing, I don't want to have to print new documents all the time. I also use Box for live editing files through Box Edit.

Box review by Jordan B.
Jordan B.

"Reliable Online Storage"

What do you like best?

I like that you can save massive amount of information and files online and in the cloud. This allows me the opportunity to access these files on other devices. Also, I don't need to bog down my laptop with all of this information.

Being able to have a file on my computer that auto-syncs to the cloud helps me quickly back up my laptop rather than going to the website each time and uploading the information.

Receiving emails letting me know when the files have been changed or updated is beneficial. Especially when we're on time crunches and we're trying to track when employees update documentation.

What do you dislike?

When you first sign up for the service and add 'Box Sync' to your your computer, it has to sync all of the information. Having a BOX with over 5 gigabits worth of data took longer than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the main admin understands the tool. If they don't know how to give other users access to the files, editing rights or file creation, the tool won't be nearly as beneficial.

Having an online back up space has been great. Having an online file cabinet so all employees can have access to the information makes things easier! No employee is without the most up-to-date files.

Also, getting notifications when files are updated helps keep the team up to speed on which files are being changed and when they're being changed.

Box review by Treena Nicole F.
Treena Nicole F.

"Easy to Use File Sharing Software"

What do you like best?

I like using box because the interface is straightforward and easy to use. It is very clear how to upload files or folders, how to add or remove files or folders, and generally how to navigate within folders. These folders can be made public or shared with other people, which makes working with others easy. I work in an office that puts most files on a shared drive that can only be accessed from the office or through Citrix. Using box, another secure file storing platform, allows me to store and share files and folders with others more easily, as I often have to work remotely. Having access to sync Box to my desktop is also a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Box is pretty much nothing. It is user friendly, straightforward, and does not overload the user will unnecessary bells and whistles; features that are there more for advertising power than productivity.

My office has been able to solve remote work issues that slowed down our productivity. I work at multiple sites with a number of different physicians whose hours are inconsistent. Knowing I can share a file with them that is not going to get blocked by email because it is too large adds security and consistency to our workflow.

Box review by Vett V.
Vett V.

"Box user for volunteer organization files"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that Box has a really clean, professional, and user-friendly look. Our files are easy to find, easy to claim, and easy to share.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Box isn't compatible with the other Google products that I use. I also don't like that it can be difficult to share folders/items with non-box users or difficult to find files if they are technically owned by someone different. Our organization had some trouble when we first moved to Box because many people had been using Google Docs, which works differently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Box and try sharing files in different ways to see it's different functionality.

Box helps our organization maintain organized files, photos, documents, and order. All of our board members are members of our Box group, and we have different levels of access to files based on our positions. Box helps us document all of our past and current work, and it helps us easily share and update documents.

Box review by Job A.
Job A.

"Box is a great Enterprise Solution for Content Management and File Storage"

What do you like best?

Box is easy to use and easy to manage. The security features also make it possible to keep all of your confidential files safe and secure. Single Sign On works great and so do the connections to Office Online & Google Drive.

One thing that a lot of our users have been using is Box for Office. It makes for seamless integration between box and Office 2016.

The ability to integrate across many platforms is also amazing. We're using it to connect to various platforms on the backend. Our developers find it quite easy to work with the Box Platform.

What do you dislike?

Inability to share individual files has been a bit of a pain. Also the fact that you need to have an account to edit is also a bit of a pain. It drives our users towards other platforms when engaging with External Partners.

Box Drive is still also in beta and does not yet sync, so our users have not wanted to try it out yet. Some of them rely heavily on the Box Sync capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty costly, but if you are a non-profit, check out their pricing. It's a pretty good price!

One of the largest problems we've had was the ability to share files across the org. Prior to box, it was a plethora of shadow IT and some disperse inaccessible file servers. Now it's quick to invite someone to a folder or send someone a shared link.

Box review by Samprada P.
Samprada P.

"Safe, simple, and secure to use."

What do you like best?

It is a stable and widely used product. It has very solid security system and good user management. It is very easy to store documents, syncs easily and I also like the way that it is possible to share files with other people.You can also edit documents in box using Office apps, which I think is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

I am using the free version, so I feel like there are no cons. However, files larger than 250MB cannot be uploaded. So you have to split the files into small files before you upload. Besides, it is not easy to preview files in box, which makes it little inconvenient, but compared to the pros, this is something you can potentially ignore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using this product. I have had no problems with this software so far. It gives free 10GB storage to securely access your files from anywhere. It has a decent 250MB limit to upload your files at at time, which in my opinion should suit most individuals. The items upload and sync pretty quickly. It is completely secure, very reliable and super easy to use. No extensive training is required for new users. Definitely worth a try.

Box allows me to store all relevant research documents in one cloud-based platform, giving me quick access to all files from anywhere in the world. I can also access my supervisor's folder in the cloud when the file size is too big to attach to an email.

Box review by Elizabeth E.
Elizabeth E.

"EASY to Use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this is to use, that there is an app as well as online use, and a bonus is that you can open your files via your Desktop MIcrosoft office! It automatically saves every time something is update so you don't ever lose your work!

What do you dislike?

I wish I had a notification sent to my email every time someone updates the documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You definitely want this to be used. Again, it is a completely free tool that streamlines your document sharing, is extremely easy to use with the ability to collaborate with your existing Microsoft Office suite, and can be used on your Desktop, in your Internet Browser (if you don't have Microsoft Office), and through their App.

It's FREE. I can't emphasize that enough. It is a completely free way to share documents, spreadsheets, etc. to others, allow them to review and edit, and there is no wasted time with emailing back. You can upload any kind of document and have access to it anywhere you have internet access and on any device.

Box review by Amy F.
Amy F.

"BOX!!"

What do you like best?

What I liked the most about Box is:

1. Is a very user-friendly software: is so easy to use and It's not complicated at all. Is very understandible.

2.File storage: Since I've been using it. I save a lot of memory in my computer, because now I save all my documents in here.

3. The accesibility: I really LOVE how I can access from anywhere to my files, all that I need is just log in in my account, is so practical.

4. The storage capability is amazing!

What do you dislike?

I didn't have aby real problem with the software, has been working very well for me. And I don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want safety to your files, use box, I truly recommend it, simplifies your work, and make it more easy. Box more than a software is safety, something that other softwares do not offer. It helped me to improve in my work protecting my files, and giving me the opportunity to access to them anywhere.

Now I save a lot of memory in my computer, and is more easy for me to share files with my co-workers or show them, because all I have to do is logg in in my account. Box makes the work more easy.

I use it a lot to see my PDF's, and share them as well with Box, is excellent.

Box review by Aislinn B.
Aislinn B.

"Great in concept, slow in delivery"

What do you like best?

There are many things that Box is useful for, but the best part of using box is the ability to share the files and limit who can edit, use, or view them. Many filesharing companies do similar things but Box has an easier user interface that makes these features more accessible.

What do you dislike?

While the filesharing features and security are great, the biggest issue I have with Box is the speed. Compared to Dropbox, Box is much slower, not sure if it's their server or their programming on the server but speed is super important and should be addressed. Files take forever to upload and download, this eats into productivity time and can be frustrating for the user. Another thing I dislike about Box is the lack of easy support for Mac, as a designer I use a Mac as do many of my freelancers and clients. The visibility of their Mac support is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall I would recommend box for it's security features and the ease of use between client interactions. But, Dropbox has more features and better Third party integrations for more capabilities to be added.

I use Box to work with my clients over several different businesses. I create folders for individual clients, set their share permissions and this enables both myself and the client to access files as needed. Overall it is a great tool to share files and ideas with clients but there are some improvements that need to be made.

Box review by edwin W.
edwin W.

"Customisable and easy to use Box"

What do you like best?

i like the design of the box web interface. It is clean and not confusing.

it is very reliable and a wholesome featured tool that is advantageous to not only business but also home users. another aspect that pleases me is the amount of storage that box offers free online space and the vast connectivity to wide variety of application and services at large.

the flexibility and collaboration of the unique features enable an individual to share folders and files to their partners or set permission password that allows only a particular set of people to view or edit the uploaded files.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are accessible or working when you upgrade the software to a paid version.

an individual is not able to upload a file that exceeds 250MB and the shared files cannot be protected via use of a password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if one is looking for storage of files and folders, then the cloud service of box is available and efficient for your service. it will offer secure file storage, file.backup and also large steerage of files. moreover it is a good place for the collaboration of business clients, teams or contractors.

Box acts as a cloud service for file backup, storage of files and an effective place for the collaboration of business team and other members. one is able to upload pictures and videos from ones mobile application to their own account without difficulties. the files stored or uploaded to box are very secure and password protected.

Box review by Erica R.
Erica R.

"Great Organizational Tool for Shared Files"

What do you like best?

I like the interface of the platform and the pathways created in Box. They are simplistic to follow up and color scheme and overall appearance of the platform make it easy to navigate. I like that all files are able to be worked on online so that you don't run the risk of overwriting someone else's work on the same document. Files are also very easy to share and download.

What do you dislike?

Overall there's is not much that I dislike about using Box. The only item that can be annoying is that unless you are an overall admin or if your company has set up security access restrictions you may at times be restricted to only certain content on Box. However, that can easily be edited in the admin settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Box if you are in need with a secure way to store your shared files and allow for work to be done offline that will sync with your online host.

We are solving problems around communication and sharing files. The biggest benefit we've realized since switch to Box from Google Drive is that you don't have to work in fear of overriding your co-workers work because you can work online. Box also syncs to your computer so that you can save files to your computer and they will automatically sync to Box as well.

Box review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Easy to use, File Sync and Share Platform"

What do you like best?

Positives:

- Storage capacity

- Integrations with applications used on a day-to-day

- Simple UI

What do you dislike?

Negatives:

- File upload limit

- Online editing is very limited compared to competitors

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you or your company are in need for a cloud storage solution which has a simple UI, good integrations with many products commonly used in the tech space, then Box is a great candidate for use. Box offers a good variety of collaboration tools and from what I have read, the security is top notch as it has passed our internal security reviews as we keep sensitive information within.

A simple, centralized storage for documents which is acessible company-wide.

Benefits:

- Simple to set up

- Intuitive UI leads to no friction for new users

Box review by Lily J.
Lily J.

"Box is awesome. "

What do you like best?

What I likes the most about Box is:

-How easy is to acces to our documents, anytime and anywhere.

-The simplicity of the software makes the experience more easy and awesome, like, is a software that is very user-friendly, is not complicated at all.

-IT'S VERY SAFE, this software offers you security, keeps your documents safe.

What do you dislike?

Since now, I didn't have any problems with this software. Happily, Box have been of great help for me, and I didn't regret to log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box, offers you quality. Is a very complete softwares, that just keeps getting better and better. Helps you to improve in your work, and makes your work more easier to take.

Well, now sharing all my documents, and keep them save is a very easy task for me. I have been in so many places and I just access to my account and see all my documents, and share them so easily. Apart from that now I save a lot of memory, and free my computer of heavy files that just makes my computer slow.

Box review by Pete B.
Pete B.

"Cloud Storage Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I like box because it is easy to manage your business account and also easy to manage your file structure and security. Everything is switching to cloud-based these days so it's a must have if you plan on sharing files across a network of users.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Box is the time it takes to sync with your library on your local device. The sync is a very valuable feature because it allows you to use your local device to interact with your library, but the time that it takes to sync sometimes can cause delays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is great if you need to centralize your file library, make it accessible to people anywhere at any time, and manage security. We have complete alleviated the need of having an NAS because Box makes it easier. No more need for managing VPN connections.

We are solving the problem of where we store files and how those files are made accessible to individuals.

Box review by Kath F.
Kath F.

"Industry standard for secure server-level cloud storage"

What do you like best?

We switched to Box almost two years ago after using a server for a while. What a difference! We went from Dropbox to a Server then to Box. I think the best thing about Box is the different levels of access that you can give and the overall security. This is so much more professional and secure than other options: Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. The versioning on Box has been WORKED OUT and it is THE BEST. I don't know how many times people have been able to recover projects because of versioning. Also, Box edit. This is state of the art software. I cannot explain what a burden on a network having 50+ people syncing their cloud files to their computer can be, and Box edit allows people to work directly from the web as it creates a temporary file on their computer. This allows for THE fastest uploads and up-to-date files. And it prevents duplicates and lost files!

What do you dislike?

Because it is so large and server-like, it can sometimes be hard to manage all files. People can create their own files within Box, which can sometimes lie outside of the file structure admin has created. Also, I think the main problem that most people run into, which is adoption of people actually USING the product appropriately. People will always want to use something directly from their machines. This is no fault of Box. As an admin, I would love to have more of an overall file mapping view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to go with the best option on the market, go for Box. It will cost you, but it is worth it.

We are keeping our files secure, sharing them with clients and collaborators, working on cloud sync'ed files in real time, and dealing with super large files. It integrates well with our HRIS (Zenefits) and our chat platform (Slack). We have unlimited space, and it includes versioning.

Box review by Kamran B.
Kamran B.

"Best Storage software out there!"

What do you like best?

User friendly application

10 GB of free online storage space

Instantly search through all your Box files from the mobile application and desktop program

Upload multiple pictures and video files from a mobile device

Download an entire shared folder as a ZIP file

Desktop application for uploading data

Notes can be added alongside files

Share files and folders even if the recipient doesn't have a Box account

Enable offline access to your files from a mobile device

Can setup two-factor authentication

Option to share files and folders from the desktop software and mobile application

Google Docs and spreadsheets can be created right from Box

What do you dislike?

Uploads can not exceed 250 MB in size

Can not password protect shared files

Some features work only if you upgrade to a paid version

Being an external storage software, it sometimes doesn't work in company ethernet or internet

Pricing is higher than software like Egnyte; No online discount available

No 24/7 support available

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend this software. Although its a bit expensive, the price is surely new worth the software. Haven't regretted.

At my current company EY, Box has helped me a lot in sharing and storing files of huge space. I can share an entire folder with Box or just individual files. Recipients can then download the whole folder at once via a ZIP folder. I can also specify whether or not files can be downloaded by others, and instead just make them viewable in their browser making privacy impenetrable and reliable.

Box review by Aatif K.
Aatif K.

"An enterprise solution that's made my life miserable"

What do you like best?

There's not much to like about Box, really. The web interface is nice, perhaps? But honestly, I've seen better, and I'm saying this not just an enterprise user of Box, but as a veteran tech blogger who's been using such software and services for over seven years now.

What do you dislike?

Oh God, where to start. You cannot share individual files, really Box? What century is this? Mobile apps and support is crappy. Collaboration sucks. Online file viewer is a hit or miss at best. Box claims outstanding integration with MS Office suite, and guess what, it's hardly worth a nod. And what's with the insanely rigid security requirements? It's supposed to be a secure collaboration and file sharing tool - what good is that if I cannot access it outside of work?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, please. This software isn't worth it. Unless you really want to punish your employees, you shouldn't move to Box

My organization is using Box as our file storage and collaboration tool, and honestly, they might have realized some benefits, but I have yet to see those. We came originally from Google Drive and then OneDrive, and they stand miles taller above this Box crap.

Box review by Kingston D.
Kingston D.

"Straightforward online storage portal"

What do you like best?

Box has always carried a clean and simple design that has more fans than haters. The custom branding for the portal can be done which helps carry the brand theme. SSO and AD integrations are special and definitely makes it more powerful than something like a G drive. Office 365 integration is a welcome change compared to the other options available in the cloud storage market.

What do you dislike?

Cap on the maximum file size is an irritant. Ideally it should not have existed in any of the paid plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take into account the maximum file size limitation of box. If you plan to make use of Box for huge files (above 5 GB) then you might have to look elsewhere. Also, if you are going to use Box for a small team (less than 3), you will not be able to opt for the business plan even if you want to pay for the features available under the business plan. The workaround is to create extra user profiles but you will end up paying more (INR 1160 per user).

Collaboration has become simple. There are many cloud storage solutions but there isn't a better content management system with powerful integrations with top word processors from Microsoft and cloud solution from Google.

Box review by Mary M.
Mary M.

"Box is awesomeee."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Box is how easy and quick is to view your PDF files, once you dowload it, it saves on your files and you can open and view them very quick, something that in other softwares this kind can take a while and be a little time consuming. Also, the simplicity of this software it makes all the experience more comfortable, because it is very easy to use and very fast. I like how everything it's saved safely, and how you can organize how you want to have your files. Another thing that I liked a lot about Box is that you receive an e-mail when you send a or upload a file with a co-worker, so everyone it's informed about the documents and the information.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about Box is the limit of size for uploading one file, because It won't let me upload it or they will charge me to be allow to do it, so they should incorporate this feature because it limits people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Box because it's a software with very good tools for companies besides some people could prefer other programs like dropbox, but it really woths giving Box the chance. It is very easy to use, the whole sharing-saving process is quick and safe, your files would be in very good hands so you won't have to worry about losing them. It really works!!

It has helped me and my company a lot because now we have more free space on our computers since we can save our heavy files inside this software and also it has helped a lot with the communication between workers since we can share the files very quick and be in contact for the same via. It really changed my company communication.

Box review by Adri L.
Adri L.

"Box is a helpful tool for storing your documents in the cloud."

What do you like best?

There are features that make the service stand out over free services like Google Drive. You can access all your files easily as well as favoriting important documents. Our team uses these features constantly. When you have several people constantly uploading documents it's nice to receive notifications via email so we are all on the same page and we can easily see if something is labeled incorrectly.

What do you dislike?

There are not many features to dislike. We have no use for messaging each other (although I could see how that would be a helpful feature) but that is not prominently displayed. I had an unread message for a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would happily.

Our non-profit does a lot of reports that need to be sent out and viewed constantly. Putting them in the Box gives everyone access to the information they need quickly and efficiently. We are currently switching over documents from Dropbox to the Box because of the ease of use and security.

Box review by Shaby F.
Shaby F.

"A great solution to file sharing and file storage."

What do you like best?

Box by itself is not really all that special. It's an online platform for storing your files, keeping them organized, and sharing them with colleagues. However, add the box sync app to your computer, and it becomes a whole other way to organize a large number of files and to move them quickly from one place to another. Plus, it syncs to everyone connected to it, so they see what you see.

What do you dislike?

It's not always intuitive. The app was a little hard to set up and get working on my desktop, and I had to google my questions quite a few times to get the answer. For the most part, it is user friendly, but with so many features, it can be hard to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this like you would a folder on your computer. You can make multiple folders within it, and use it to move files and content around, as well as a way to get yourself organized. A huge must, is to also download the box sync app. This puts your folders right on your desktop and makes it easy to move things around as needed, and have it sync to all other users connected to it.

We use this to store a large number of files that multiple people need to access at multiple times throughout the day. It's a great way for us to keep those files organized in one place, and when other people move things around, it syncs to all users so they don't have to do the same. We use it as one big giant folder, and instead of having it on one computer, we have it on multiple computers.

Box review by Adam Q.
Adam Q.

"Great for sharing files securely"

What do you like best?

The security that our borrowers expect of us is easily shown with the Box. There's no question that the security is tight since it's a two-way street with borrower and processor and is password protected 100% of the time.

What do you dislike?

Notifications of newly uploaded documents aren't specific with what documents were uploaded. Sometimes those notifications don't even come!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to communicate with all parties to make sure documents are being uploaded to correct locations and to know when they have been uploaded. Sometimes, the notifications can be helpful, but they aren't accurate as to WHAT was uploaded by the borrower. That makes it hard to know if it's an important or urgent document to look at or not.

We are creating a secure location for borrowers to upload sensitive documents. They often find it easier than dropping of physical documents and easier than faxing documents.

Box review by Tori N.
Tori N.

"Great program for document organization "

What do you like best?

We use this program in our office. It enables us to keep files for each client. The files are searchable and organized and on the cloud!! We can share documents with our team members that are located in other office or working from home. We can also make files shareable with our clients and there is a customized link that works with our CRM. There is even a feature you can download called 鈥渂ox drive鈥 that allows you to view your files/folders in your file explorer on your computer. I was highly skeptical and resistant to change to this program at first but I鈥檓 so glad we did.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there is a program glitch and their tech support isn鈥檛 readily available. Can鈥檛 reach anyone by phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check it out. Great program

We were able to move client documents to the cloud and they鈥檙e still secure.

Box review by Miles C.
Miles C.

"Quick and Simple but Unreliable"

What do you like best?

Being able to use Box Sync on Windows allows our team to collaborate easily and our advisors to pull up documents on their desktops, laptops, and tablets anywhere they may be. We can also send a link for remote meetings, which is much better than e-mailing a bunch of attachments. We have set up a tool for clients to upload files securely as well, which reduces the chances of them sending us documents in an unsecured way.

What do you dislike?

The Sync client is slow and unreliable. There are often many errors in syncing, we get kicked out due to an expired password, and without warning (remember, we often don't have to go on to the website for months at a time). We have walked into meetings on occasion where everything was ready but not synced because of this. I also wish that, from the website, PDFs would open as PDFs rather than rendering in their platform. It's far too slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need to be aware of the possibility of accounts being out of sync, if you use the desktop client.

We've generally eliminated e-mailing most documents between members of our teams and clients, and having everything in one place for all of our current clients is very helpful. It's saved us from having to set up a local server or sending/sorting through e-mails.

Box review by Valeria P.
Valeria P.

"An excellent way to share documents"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Box is that you can share documents in a safe and organized space. It is easy to use and you don't need a pendrive to carry your documents everywhere. Share documents with external people, they don't need a Box account to access to the documents, just send them the link; and also, you can share an entire folder to a group of people, not just one person!

What do you dislike?

I can't think about a lot of things I dislike about Box. Maybe the presentation and general look can be improved, but that is not a big problem when using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really interesting to give it a try because you won't regret it. If you are new using this software all you need is a little bit of patience and you will find some amazing aspects.

I find really interesting that you can update a document in Box and everyone knows which version is posted. Also, if you share documents with someone, that person does not need to be registered in Box, you can just share the link of the folder or document and this person will be able to see the document or folder without any problems. You can take notes and it has a feature of collaborate editing. I am a teacher and I use to share documents with my students through Box, I have received a good feedback from them when using it. You can organize your folders in an easy way.

Box review by Zoe P.
Zoe P.

"Save and share was never so easy."

What do you like best?

Box it's like a mini-dropbox but very effective as well. It's excellent when a file sharing is about, and I like the way you can share files with a group of coworkers with the option of grupal share. It's very trustful and secure. It helps a lot on having a real time communication with clients and partners. Also, it is very great how you can take those files to anywhere in the world, and can share them as well.

What do you dislike?

The things I didn't like about Box is that sometimes to open files it gets stuck so I have to refresh the page, wich can be a waste of time. Also, I didn't like that has no editing option, so you can't edit the files on the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Box because it's a great software to share and save files, if you are looking for a tool where you can save all your documents, images, folders, etc, easy and wuick definitley Box is your software. It helps a lot at the moment of sharing something wich makes your job more easy cause you don't have to worry anymore about the security of the file. Also, it is one of the easiest apps to use.

It has helped me on my company a lot because I have share a lot of files from this software, making the documents arrive secure and quick to the destiny. Also, I can save importan files and folders by just one click, wich makes all the process more easy. Now in my company we have more space on our computer to save other things because thanks to box we can save documents without using our computer memory.

Box review by Helen L.
Helen L.

"Excellent tools used in academia"

What do you like best?

The online box has the function to synchronize onto my computer in workplace. Simply, place my document into the folder of Box, then i can continue working my document at home.

And it is easy to install, easy to set up the sync function

What do you dislike?

it took me a while to know there is a sync functions.

If you have collobration with others in a folder, by default, you will automatically receive email notifications whenever someone adds or makes any changes in the folders- which can be quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use. love the sync function

I used this software because i wanna share document with my co-workers. I realized that it is easy to set up folder for collaboration. It just simply enter their email address.

Box review by Howard S. A.
Howard S. A.

"Box review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Excellent collaboration as well as file sharing. I also enjoy the mobility. This allows my team and relevant contacts to maintain excellent real time communication. I also like the ability to preview files. I especially like being able to take my files anywhere. This way I do not have to be concerned with forgetting them and being at a disadvantage.

What do you dislike?

I have found that some of the features are not as intuitive as I would like. Again I would say that I am being a bit nit picky here as the learning curve is easy to overcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that Box is one of the premier data solutions on the market today. I would highly endorse it.

Real time collaboration is enhanced, which improves overall productivity. Efficiency and time savings is of paramount importance to me. Portability and being able to access from the road is also very important.

Box review by Ellise F.
Ellise F.

"Box is our source of truth"

What do you like best?

I love box for sharing and collaborating at work. It is easy to use and navigate and is one of the few software systems that I use that I feel exactly suits my needs. I love the version control and that you can edit and save straight to Box.

What do you dislike?

it's hard to pick out anything wrong but Box could use facelift on the UI/UX side. The UI is very basic but does it's job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is great and has served us well.

We are able to update documents for internal use and share documents in a very regulated manner for external use. We store all of our documents in Box and each team has their own folders and permissions.

Box review by Gabrielle M.
Gabrielle M.

"Box Review"

What do you like best?

It's easy to store documents in here, which is a pro. I have used a lot of programs that are a lot more difficult to upload files in, and I like Box because of that. I also like the way that you can share files with other people and that you can edit documents with Box because of Microsot Office, it's something that's really helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there are not a lot of things that I can say about this program. It's almost like the others, and has nothing to offer but what I said before. I would really like Box to innovate and create more interesting tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend people to use this to store simple files, since it's almost the same as other programs and has nothing really new to offer.

Our business use Box to store simple documents that we do not want to delete but also don't want them to be in our system. So, we use Box to store them because it's easy.

Box review by Nikita L.
Nikita L.

"Box: Mediocre File Sharing"

What do you like best?

Box is great for keeping personal files that you may or may not want to share with others. It's easy to send a link that allows the recipient to view and edit that file. I also like the search function on box, although I do believe it needs some fine tuning.

What do you dislike?

It is way too easy to accidentally delete or edit files. There is also no editing history, like Google Drive has. Also, sometimes I am unable to open files-- I would have to refresh or restart the entire browser to open something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you or your company are trying to save on costs by getting Box instead of a shared drive system, I recommend evaluating long term effects. A shared drive system may be the best way to go.

By using Box, our company is solving the problem of file storage and sharing. This is essentially acting as a shared drive, but not doing a great job at it. Some benefits include being able to open files anywhere without a VPN, although I do think this may be a security issue. But it is very convenient being able to do work on any computer outside of work.

Box review by Allison P.
Allison P.

"Box is Critical to Our Success"

What do you like best?

I love the look of the interface and how easy it is to set up personal and shared folders. The search feature has been enhanced recently and was greatly improved from what it was before. (It worked, but you had to know some "tricks" to really find what you wanted based on how we use Box tags, file descriptions, etc.) I also LOVE to be able to edit documents right within Box due to its connection with Microsoft Office.

What do you dislike?

Since the recent re-design, certain features (file descriptions, for example) don't show up immediately - you have to look for them. It's not a major flaw, it just affected my team temporarily while they figured out how else to see that information. (Files were labeled with batch numbers once the data was entered so we could refer back... not being able to readily see those descriptions/batch numbers after the recent update slowed us down a bit.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! The interface is very pleasing to the eye, and the website is super easy to use. I enjoy using Box Sync to keep all of my personal work files backed up as well - I just move my folders into Box Sync and then put a shortcut to that folder on my desktop. It has saved my rear through 2 computer replacements.

Box allows us to communicate and share files with our customers in a secure, HIPPA-compliant way. It is simple to add new collaborators, and when we have questions on a file for our customer, we are easily able to "tag them" in a comment attached to that file, and they receive an e-mail with not only the comment but a link directly to the file in question. It makes collaboration very easy. We also use Box to store critical data that should be shared with the team - if someone leaves their position, the information a new team member needs is all in a central location and easily accessed. It's also easily updated via Excel or Word online.

Box review by Pedro G.
Pedro G.

"Box is great for file file hosting and file sharing"

What do you like best?

I like that it is super easy to upload all my files, also to be able to collaborate on the same file with my partners in real time is a very useful feature. It's easy to set up folders for collaboration on multiple projects or with a team of people.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that i have to go through a device security check every time i want to box. it is very time consuming and inefficient. Also for some formats there is no preview option(video) which sometimes could come in handy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great if you work on a team that needs to edit files at the same time.

File hosting, file collaboration. organizing team documents.Data on box can be viewed,edited, and accessed by multiple people in multiple places. Another thing that is good about box is that you can track the different versions of the file that you are viewing.

Box review by Victoria S.
Victoria S.

"Fantastic Service for File Storage & Collaboration"

What do you like best?

The interface of Box is clean and eye-pleasing. The organization system is quite flexible and there are many internal features that make Box more than just a file storage program. I like that I can share files with others for download, collaborate and take notes within Box to keep me on top of my tasks. I also like that I can control how the files are displayed. I do like that there is a mobile app available.

What do you dislike?

While I like the availability of a mobile app, it seems to be quite buggy and glitchy. Sometimes I have issues with syncing, sometimes the zoom feature isn't smooth. I usually only use the app if I cannot access my box on the computer, where for me, it performs best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to get acquainted with the app and see how it works on your device before having to rely on accessibility while away from the computer in a pinch.

File storage that I can access across all platforms.

Box review by Nabeel Z.
Nabeel Z.

"Box is good, but Dropbox is slightly better"

What do you like best?

I like the quickness and easiness of being able to upload the files to box. As well as numerous ways I can upload files (Eg. desktop application as well as through the browser). You can share files externally regardless of whether someone has a box.com account or not.

What do you dislike?

They need to upgrade the interface and include a few features like live preview of images instead of showing an icon. As well as overall performance of the site (speed)

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can trial run it first, because they give you 10GB free storage as far as I remember. It's secure, has two factor authentication, but who doesn't? There's also offline access to your files. However, I don't like the upload size limitations, they need to expand how big of a file i can upload.

Easily able to share files across teams and businesses. This includes internal and external design teams, vendors etc. working on design assets or collaborating on documents as well as project collateral.

Box review by Mary F.
Mary F.

"quick and nearly-effortless collaboration "

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up folders for collaboration on multiple projects or with a team of people. I like that I can upload an updated version of a file and there's a timestamp to indicate that it's new. Once you designate privileges and share, your collaborators get an email alert that there is a new file, so there is no having to IM or email them to check. It makes for greater efficiency. You can also put a Box icon on your desktop to get right to it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to login to Box every time I log into my computer (it's hidden behind firewalls because I work with sensitive data); I wish it was just automatic with login. I'd like the collaborator permissions (editor, owner, etc.) to be clearer; often I just give everyone the most open permissions and they can use it as they need to. I don't see a "view only" or "reader" option.

It makes collaboration easy, especially when you work within a huge organization like I do and am on multiple committees and workgroups.

Box review by Ashley H.
Ashley H.

"Box used for University Research"

What do you like best?

Ease and speed of upload is unparalleled, this service is important for the lab I work in as we are constantly transferring large amounts of data. Pictures have good quality preview images, and organization is a must with the complicated data we work with, so the folders and sub-folders are really neat and useful..

What do you dislike?

We also, in this lab, transfer videos. So far, I have not found a way to view the entire video without downloading it, which is usually not feasible if we are checking on something from a phone. Space is not an issue as the University I believe manages and funds our accounts, but I can see how it might become a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have box through a University- one would have to balance the pros and cons of costs and whatnot if the program is not provided free for them, but I also encourage employees and students to do a little poking about and see if Box access is something your company/organization could use or already is!

E-mail has limits for size attachments, and things can get lost in the shuffle if you haven't downloaded them. Even so, if you must access your data from other places, data kept in one place is useless. Data on box can be viewed,edited, and accessed by multiple people in multiple places. It's brilliant.

Box review by Federico V.
Federico V.

"Perfect desktop syncronization and 3rd part integration"

What do you like best?

I use Box since years, and I never had to complain. Syncronization process is always an easy and smooth task. Integration with other cloud services (i.e. Google Drive) and Web Content Management Systems (i.e. WordPress) is really helpful as well.

It is also very useful to me the great availability of official apps: it's very easy to find the one to manage that little gap of integration with otehr systems/apps you are using at the moment (apple, android, windows, backup tools, project management tools, Web CMS, editing/printing tools, and so on...). A very complete solution both for single domestic use and professional teams.

What do you dislike?

Web interface was extremely sober, with no frills. That could be good, because let you focus on core tasks, but I think there could be a little bit more attention to User Experience. I have to say that last recent restyling has been a good step in this direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you are a small team, you'll find incredibly useful the possibility to share folders with you collegues at any time and with no limits at all.

I really did appreciate Box last year when my laptot suddenly crashed, and I have been able to be fully operative in few minutes: on an other machine. I installed Box for Windows on my backup PC and in few minutes I restored all the documents I was working on, at the very last version. No data and time loss.

Box review by Simon C.
Simon C.

"Not bad, but the company itself need some improvement (accounting, management, etc.)"

What do you like best?

Box is a pretty cheap online file sharing solution to contribute with external collaborators. Web interface is pretty easy to use and pretty well designed. The Box pricing plans are great and will fit almost anybody needs, business or personal. The web interface is also pretty intuitive, but still very similar to DropBox, so if you are a DropBox user, you wont me confused with Box.

What do you dislike?

Well, the product itself is not that bad and it compares to DropBox mostly and to OneDrive to a lesser extent. But the thing that I dislike about Box is the company itself. Managing our business account is very complicated and the account management interface (web) is horrible. I wanted to change something about our business plan (the payment frequency) and it's even impossible to do it myself in the account management, I had to contact Box to ask them to perform the change themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I think you should consider Box as a third option under OneDrive (first) and DropBox (second). It's not that bad, but it's certainly not my favorite choice.

We did't really solve a business problem with Box, except that we work for a client that is actually using Box for their online file sharing with external contributors, so the benefit for us is to allows us to work with that client with Box. Box allows us to track file changes and also to search for files online. However we didn't adopt Box for the entire business, only for this specific client.

Box review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Box, a Better Way to "Unpack" Your Documents"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how Box is user-friendly and allows users to be added to different groups on the site. I am a part of a group within my company on Box which gives me the opportunity to see shared files from my coworkers and upload as many of my own files as necessary.

What do you dislike?

Box's layout is a bit bland, though it does definitely differentiate itself from a social media platform. It is described as and looks like a "work" or non-play platform, which I believe is its intent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest if you have a company which requires extensive and frequent file-sharing, Box is very easy for all levels of competency. Even for people whose grasp of Internet software systems is low, Box is user-friendly and a universal service that most will appreciate.

I don't think I've come across any problems quite yet, but the benefits are more obvious. Again, being able to share and re-upload files within shared folders helps bring transparency to the work space without sending passive aggressive emails to your coworkers. Instead, if a document needs to be uploaded, it can be and anyone with access can see it.

Box review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"Love Box!"

What do you like best?

It is such a user-friendly, intuitive interface. I love that it acts as a second database for my office where we can share files and move things around together. One of my favorite features is the "Upload a New Version" button. You wouldn't think taking the time to delete a file and then re-upload it could be streamlined and made so much more efficient!

What do you dislike?

While there's very little to dislike, I find the search function to not be as accurate or as efficient as I thought it would be. Maybe it's just me, but I have somewhat of a difficult time finding a file if I don't know it's exact title or location.

I am able to easily keep my colleagues in the loop with the newest versions of shared documents and we are all able to access important information cache's at once without having to "send" anything to anyone. It cuts down on the time it takes to find certain documents or figuring out who has what.

Box review by Zahid Z.
Zahid Z.

"Save and share easily"

What do you like best?

Box is among the best software when it comes to easy file sharing, even though there are other online storage services offer more extensive storage and sharing packages. If you are primarily looking for a file-sharing service, Box will fit your needs. You can create your own custom links and share entire folders just by clicking on the share button. As easy as that. Novice cloud users will be most comfortable with the easy interface. Most important, top notch security.

What do you dislike?

One drawback of using this software is that Box does not offer a lot of storage space for personal use compared to other web storage providers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software majorly to large enterprises. This storage solution company boasts unlimited storage, 24/7 technical support, and real-time updates for its clients. Being a cloud storage, I wouldn鈥檛 advice this to small businesses as it may get costly for them and the full benefits of Box wouldn鈥檛 be used completely.

Being in a large organization, I have to save and share a lot of files with my colleagues and faculty members for the necessary action. Box has been a blessing for me at work. Keeping records of my work is also important and this is when I use Box for my file saving reasons. I can also sync my Box account with other devices and while traveling, Box can be accessed on my mobile phone helping me greatly.

Box review by Celine C.
Celine C.

"Box is great for automatically syncing document across workspaces"

What do you like best?

I like that documents sync automatically, so I don't need to actively push or sync as you do with, for example, GitHub. Once you've installed the Box desktop app, it just acts and feels like any other folder on your computer, so moving files in and out is seamless. I also really like the "word online" feature, which lets me edit document ins MS word through the web app.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app slows my computer down a bit. I've had to be fairly selective about which folders I do and don't sync to avoid having too much clutter on my desktop. This was most problematic when I had folders with pictures, so I just don't sync those any more. I also don't typically use Box for data files for the same reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like Box as an alternative to things like Google Drive; the interface is a lot more seamless and it's easier to use with Microsoft Office documents.

The ability to access and work on the same documents from anywhere. I have started using this for programming scripts and even some data, which are critical in a research setting. It also lets me share grant proposals and manuscripts with collaborators.

Box review by Lucy K.
Lucy K.

"Useful for archiving documents "

What do you like best?

I like that Box allows you to drag and drop documents from your desktop to the Box account easily. I also like that it is easy to drag documents within Box to different folders to allow for easy organization and archiving of documents. Lastly, I like being able to lock certain folders and share folders I wish to share with others through shareable links.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing when certain permissions are placed on Box folders that does not allow for me to share Box folders someone else has shared with me. It might be useful to implement sharing permissions similar to Google Drive, where anyone with a link can view the folder but also edit the folder as well.

It is much easier to share folders and contribute to folders in real-time rather than on a Windows J:Drive, which is cumbersome and hard to track who touched the folder last. I like that I can just email my colleagues the link to folders or grant them access to edit a folder in my absence.

Box review by Nell O.
Nell O.

"Bos good for sharing files "

What do you like best?

I like that we can all access the same info and make subfolders, has been super helpful on project work. I Have not used the editing functions, but for sharing aND accessing others information- it is helpful and I apprecitate the ability to add/edit/alter others documents inside the system.

What do you dislike?

not AS simple or straight forward as Dropbox, I tried creating two separatere folders the other day but it did not work. There is also a lack of clarity when adding/deleting folders to know if you will be deleting all the work inside the folders or if it just the folders themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think maybe some up front tutotials or training when you sign in would be really helpful. Perhaps a user guide on the potential within Box could be a good idea the first time you sign in. It seems liek the system has a lot to offer but it may not be known when first using it.

I have noticed that it is not as user friendly as Google's drop box, took a bit more time to orient myself to the layout, to the options available and to the potential of the product. I realized it is a helpful sustem to sshare iform,ation with my coworkers or in this case my classmates on working on a large project together. It is much better to drop our shared info into Box than to email one another back and forth.

Box review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Keeping our Documents Secure and Organized Day by Day"

What do you like best?

Its very organized and secure. We have a lot of important documents that we keep from our customers and it is nice to have them all centralized in one area and most of all secure! It is very simple to search for a User and confirm how many files are in each folder!

What do you dislike?

There is an intermittent issue that happens when a user goes to create a folder and it does not map it back into Salesforce. We have custom buttons on our object so it has to do with those custom buttons but it is simple to troubleshoot. We just cannot replicate the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Commonly used and their support team is very accessible!

I would say the problems are the same as I mentioned in my previous question. Box support is very quick to respond and helps fix the issue in a very timely manner.

Box review by Glenn J.
Glenn J.

"Box is usable for file sharing but has some problems"

What do you like best?

Box does have a FedRamp certification so the data you store there is safe.

What do you dislike?

Box is hard to use and hard to get information from the Box community. I was developing an auditing system to we could who was accessing the files stored on Box and the process took over one month and we still can't audit every access type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need FedRamp compliance then Box might be the way to go. Don't go with it if you want to program using the API.

We needed to be able to share files with businesses on the Internet and this was the best solution since we needed the solution to be FedRamp certified. Once we got Box I as given the job of auditing the access to Box and found out that, even thought Box has an API, it is not documented well.

Box review by Anthony J.
Anthony J.

"Great Version Control"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. Desktop integration, Microsoft app integration, sending links to content, version control is very strong.

What do you dislike?

Collaboration is tricky. Two people in the file at the same time leads to problems and people always leave the doc open so it takes a lot of discipline to use the collaboration functionality. Also, the folder security is limiting. If you have access to a folder, you have access to all the folders and content underneath it. So a manager cannot have a private folder and a shared folder with their subordinates. A manager cannot limit folder access from one subordinate to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does a great job of file sharing. Just make sure you speak with other users about how you intend to use the product.

Sharing content externally is easy especially when you have a lot of content. RFP responses, for example, have a lot of supporting documentation that we put into a folder and share the folder. We originally thought this would be good to have to control marketing branding. We could have a central repository for the latest approved marketing content. Ex: ppt decks in the hands of salespeople tend to morph. This doesn't work bc salespeople simply customize the last deck they used for the next prospect. So if you have newly approved slides, they don't always go to the "well".

Box review by Heidi Elaine K.
Heidi Elaine K.

"Good for Collaboration, Bad for Large or Multiple Files"

What do you like best?

I love being able to write quick Box notes - I use a running note to keep track of my To Do list, and use the easy checkmarking to knock things off once completed. I also like that I can collaborate on Box notes, so that projects can similarly create quick lists of tasks and mark them off. It's much easier than Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

I hate that I don't get solid notifications when an upload has failed. Box Sync is awful and I've lost files because I wasn't notified that my system backup didn't completely finish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it for storing important files and don't use it for large files. Beware of using it as a system backup.

Box is the best tool for collaboratively editing documents and sharing small files across a team. It has definitely also streamlined my personal tracking of tasks, which is a major benefit.

Box review by Beth H.
Beth H.

"Workplace Staple"

What do you like best?

Box has become the organization tool we've always wanted! Now we can store all our documents in one place and different departments at the University can collaborate and work together on them. And Box Sync is amazing! It will sync right to my laptop making it just another folder on my desktop. This is a automatic sync that happens as soon as you save the document. I also like the feature that you can add it to your Outlook email and be able to attach documents from the Box Sync folder.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that if two people are in the same document, it won't sync properly and that has caused some issues. We also had an issue with people that move on from the University and their accounts just disappearing. We've lost documents that way but have figured out a solution. But these issues are minor compared to what it has helped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make sure to use Box Sync. You will get the most out of its features by doing so. I also installed the Microsoft Outlook feature and I can add attachments from box to my emails. This has helped me tremendously with my document and project organization.

Within our office organization and collaboration have been solved. We are able to work together using the same standardized documents. Within our college, we have filing share between the departments which has worked out well the past two years.

Box review by Venkata J.
Venkata J.

"Box is the best place for common storage"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and self-explanatory to use by the crew.

A very good repository to store all the business docs.

Large storage capacity.

User friendly and awesome navigation.

Good Architectural design.

I like the overall look and feel of the tool and its design is very good.

It is not an expensive tool and any organization can utilize its features to the fullest.

Overall I would prescribe box to my friends and colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Per my knowledge, there is nothing to dislike the Box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like recommend Box to others to start using their for business needs. As it has a wide storage capacity to store any volume of data.

It is very user friendly and self-explanatory to use by the crew.

A very good repository to store all the business docs.

A centralized storage that will solve the space issues with other challenging repositories.

Box review by Patrick P.
Patrick P.

"Good experience, easier than other forms of data/file management and storage. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of uploading documents that are too large for email. I used to send weekly reporting to my customer via email, however now I upload to Box and it stores the files in a much better way because the history of each report is in the same folder, rather than having to dig in email inbox for past reports.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a more user-friendly interface. Sometimes I find it difficult to navigate in the Web version. Would be more helpful if there was tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out over Google. It has benefits and different usages.

I work for a supplier to Walmart, so we solve the issue of not being able to share large documents via email. The benefit is also having all your historic documents in one place, sorted in folders of relevance. It is easy for us to upload powerpoint presentations with attached reporting (excel, alteryx, etc) and ultimately gives our customer a one-stop shop for all things we usually provided to them regarding sales data/metrics.

Box review by User

"Box unboxed!"

What do you like best?

Having unlimited storage on the cloud without worrying about compatibility at a very low cost.

What do you dislike?

No annual discount! I also don't like that I cannot upload large files onto it. This can be extremely annoying because the limit is just 5GB which ensures no large files. Thankfully my department doesn't have big data often, but other departments in my company do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are even cheaper alternatives that exist so you might want to consider them if usage is very low. For businesses,Box works really well with Microsoft suite and is really fast

Box for business is nothing short of excellent. It, in my opinion, is the best for cloud-based storage. A lot of people in my company work remote. Without the clean seamless use of Box, we'd have a lot of trouble coordinating. The best benefit is through the integration with Microsoft Office. Because my company uses Office across departments, Box helps even more in file sharing. Another thing I realize Box is great at is device support- it works just as well on mu iPad as it does on any desktop..

Box review by Elena O.
Elena O.

"Box is a secure and accessible storage platform for collaborative documents"

What do you like best?

Box is able to be HIPAA secure and thus allows for a solid use case by my company as we need to delete some documents automatically after 48 hours. It has a great collaboration feature that makes it easy to update and share documents with other coworkers. Box has a friendly user interface and is not hard to figure out and learn how to navigate through.

What do you dislike?

Box is an expensive option for cloud and drive storage so if you don't need a platform that is super secure I would look elsewhere. Box has a lot of great features but I'm sure that other softwares exist in the market that are at a more affordable price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Box is a great document creation and control platform that has a couple of different storage options depending on the specific use cases for your users. While Box is not cheap and a bit on the expensive side, it has very strict security controls that ensure the adherence to any regulations the users need to adhere to.

We have to maintain HIPAA security with our documents and Box allows us to do so. We also have to automatically delete certain documents every 48 hours to maintain privacy and regulations and Box has done a great job allowing us to do this. We are also able to share documents very easily amongst our international partners and monitor which employees have access to specific documents or folders.