Brainscape

Creating a smarter world by simplifying and accelerating the learning process

Work for Brainscape?

Learning about Brainscape?

Brainscape Reviews

Ask Brainscape a Question
Showing 153 Brainscape reviews
Brainscape review by Marie K.
Marie K.

"Simple but great tool for your Flashcards"

What do you like best?

The fact that you have your flashcards everywhere with you. On a desktop system at home or on the train to work via your mobile phone. This is a great benefit for my students. Also, some of the premade flashcard decks are very useful if you have no time to build one yourself.

What do you dislike?

Some decks are very questionable to say the least. Also, the price is very high in my opinion for the tool if you do not want to use only the basic model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free as it is a great product for the features it offers but I think other than the basic version the costs are too high.

We are building several decks from time to time for our students. Since they are all at work and learn for off-the-job training at our facility but also at home the time factor is of great importance. Brainscape has the benefit that you can easily make several decks of flashcards with various topics for the students and they can access and learn with them from everywhere in the world.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brainscape
Brainscape review by Angie P.
Angie P.

"Cannot say enough good things!"

What do you like best?

My favourite part about Brainscape is that the cards are repeated based on how well you know them. I find this to be an incredibly useful tool.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to archive decks. I'm often focusing on one or two decks, but would still like to save the remaining ones for future reference. However, I have to scroll through the entire library just to find the ones that I'm currently working on. It would be really nice if there were an archive-like feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend buying Brainscape. Although you can participate as a free user, I've never been disappointed in my purchase. They've also recently introduced an inability to access more than a few free decks if you are a free user, and it really is worth being able to access all of them.

For myself, this is a tool for school. I'm a math and computer science major, and it has helped me with so many theorems and definitions, it's unbelievable. One of my best experiences was needing to learn the Greek alphabet for maths. Instead of needing to create my own deck, I was able to search the marketplace and come up with already-created content. It was fantastic!

What Study Tools solution do you use?

Brainscape review by Craig A.
Craig A.

"Brainscape - I love it"

What do you like best?

It's easy to create my your course. I'm learning Tetum Praça, the língua franca of East Timor. There is very little available online to learn it. But I have a PDF of the US Peace Corp Tetum manual. So I typed all the words and phrases into a spreadsheet and uploaded it to Brainscape to create my own course. No other product that I've found provides such capability so well.

What do you dislike?

Big big missing ingredient (unless it's been added recently): the system needs to be enhanced so that it automatically flips the word/phrase pairs back and forth. You can generated the opposing cards automatically, but this is a dumb solution. Brainscape, please update your software so that it intelegently alternates the cards.

I'm learning an obscure language that I need for aid work in a small country that no organisation is likely to create an online language course for. Brainscape enabled me to repurpose an existing document to create my own online interactive course.

Brainscape review by Daniel A.
Daniel A.

"Good for Study and Review"

What do you like best?

I really liked how easy it was to help me study for certification tests. I was able to purchase flash cards online and upload them easily to the app. It was most useful for studying during times when you're usually just standing around - on the train, in line at a restaurant, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it wouldn't load correctly and that got annoying when I was on a roll. That wasn't too often though, so I really didn't notice it affecting my progress so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say don't hesitate - use it! Any tool that makes studying easier is worth trying out. I found it to be very effective when reviewing for my CPA exam.

Employees were able to study for certification testing. I think it was a great tool that was provided, instead of just making flash cards on your own. Personally I used it to study for my CPA exam while working at Paul McCoy, and it could be used for other certification tests as well.

Brainscape review by Peter P.
Peter P.

"The Best Exam Prep Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like how confidence levels can be established on the 1-5 scale and how I'm reminded through the alerts to keep studying when I take a day off. I've used this app for several professional certification exams and passed them all because of this app. I promote this app on my social media blog because I want other students to see the benefits of using Brainscape.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save all your flashcards in excel before deleting any decks.

The ability to study on the go becomes addicting. Rather than divulging in social media apps, I turn on Brainscape instead. It feels good knowing I'm working on bettering myself with my phone and using technology to get ahead.

Brainscape review by User in Higher Education

"Brainscape Review"

What do you like best?

Brainscape does a great job calculating the frequency to display cards so that my time is focused on the cards I'm learning instead of reviewing those I already know. Also, the card repetition is based on how much you remember it. Also, the feature to be able to add photos and the ability to create cards on the desktop really suits my style.

What do you dislike?

I am not able to add pics and sound by iPhone also I have to pay more for simple features such as shuffle cards, copy decks, study on reverse sides (already paid a lot) while you can easily do these in other apps like quizlet, magoosh etc.(got stuck with this app because I already put in a lot of cards)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely advise you to try it but don't rely on it solely. You might want to try other websites like Quizlet and Magoosh. See what you like and decide accordingly. But don't forget to try this too.

I use it at SJSU as a TA to make flashcards for my class so that they are able to look at them before the exam. Makes it easier for them to learn. A great asset.

Brainscape review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Best Flashcards Available"

What do you like best?

I love the learning feature. Know a card well, you don't get it as often... need to learn it better, you get it more often. This makes perfect sense. I also love that I can create my own flashcards. This is what I've been doing and I would not use this service without that ability.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could edit cards on the fly while using the app. I often find a card that needs editing while I'm studying but there's no good way to remember which card needs editing when I go back to the editor. If you could jump out and edit a card while you are in study mode that would be perfect & save me a ton of time.

Studying Six Sigma tools could be a lot easier with Brainscape. I may start using this in my training. I train students to the six sigma methodology and this would be a great tool to help them learn.

Brainscape review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Invaluable support for university students"

What do you like best?

I'd say overall the graded making for questions (1-5) is my favourite feature. It aids in learning as it promotes you to return to certain flashcards on a regular basis to slowly increase your remembrance of them, and the simplicity of choosing one of these options is also excellent.

What do you dislike?

. I especially appreciate the reminder to save, and feel like this could be made even better by adding an auto save option. A few times my Internet has crashed or my computer and although I won't lose much due to the save reminder - it's still frustrating. I also appreciate on the basic card creator tool the ability to move from question to answer box (and from answer to the next question) using the shift key on the key board, it makes creating cards much quicker when I can simply press a button on the keyboard than have to use the mouse to select the next box. However, unless I'm mistaken, this is not an option when you are creating cards in the advanced tool (the ability to add pictures and sounds is very useful by the way) and this would really help if it were possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use brainscape solely to test myself on my university modules, it is by far the best flash card app I have found. It allows you to effectively learn by focussing on the facts you know less. This is less rewarding as you don't have the reinforcement of feeling great everytime you pass a question you already know, but this is a FAR better way of learning. 100% would recommended, so long as brainscape continues to use clever ways of learning such as these.

I use brainscape solely to test myself on my university modules, and the stats are very useful as they allow me to organise my time around the modules and lectures I need to focus more on, which is really helpful. It is hands down the best flash card app for clever revision - you can focus on what you know least. With normal flashcards the temptation is to go over what you know best as it is more rewarding, however with the analysis you can focus your learning more effectively.

Brainscape review by Benjamin E.
Benjamin E.

"Best way to learn new things"

What do you like best?

The algorithm for learning new items is by far the best I have ever seen in any platform. It ensures that you are not overwhelmed by too many things. Rarely ever would you have more than 7 cards in the pile of things you don't know at all. But as you continue to master those bits of information the app slowly gives you more. I have found it possible to learn around 30 new vocabulary words a day with Brainscape, whereas following a traditional flashcard program, or just trying to memorize a list I was limited to around 10. It really works.

What do you dislike?

There is one small thing I dislike about Brainscape. Once information is learned practicing spaced repetition using the app is clunky. It would be perfect if once the cards were graded as perfect they were passed onto a spaced repetition algorithm. I am aware that Brainscape claims to use spaced repetition, but it is actually just confidence based repetition. If I learned something and mastered several times over the last week it should show me that card less often that something I only mastered a few minutes ago. Instead, it simply queues up the next card in line. This is not a problem with around one or two hundred cards, but once the cards are in the thousands it utterly falls short.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brainscape is by far the best flashcard tool for learning new information quickly. It's use of "confidence based repetition" allows the user to learn large amounts of information without overload.

I encourage the use of Brainscape for language acquisition and encourage those that I work with to do the same. The benefit that I really like is that it speeds up the process of learning something new. As I am a part of an organization that is centered on education and carries that education out in literally 800+ languages, having a tool that speeds up the learning of a language is ideal.

Brainscape review by Chavai C.
Chavai C.

"Brilliant way to study for tests and exams."

What do you like best?

I like the way that Brainscape works, where you rate your flash card based on how well you know it; if you don't know it that well then it repeats the flash card more frequently.

I like the advanced editing mode on the PC where I can add pictures to my flash cards.

I love the certified sets too; I'm a Literature nerd and I love the vocab sets.

What do you dislike?

I understand that some things may cost money on Brainscape; however, I would like to edit in advanced editing mode without paying as well as studying my cards infinitely and resetting my statistics. I would like to be able to insert pictures into my cards using my iPad/iPhone as my iPad is my preferred way of studying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have to pay for some things but it's worth the subscription. The advanced editor on the PC is great!

I'm a student so I wouldn't know but it would be a great way to help employees learn certain aspects of their jobs.

Brainscape review by Topher A.
Topher A.

"Additional features please!"

What do you like best?

The study environment, and the user interface. The ability to import images etc. really like studying for exams using brains cape, nothing else has been as effective at learning a large amount in a short a time as possible!!

What do you dislike?

i would like to be able to use higher quality images, I felt that they where always grainy and low quality when I pasted in images. i would like to be able to creat image occlusion cards. i would like there to be a more clear-cut spaced repetition feature...i use Anki a lot more now and feel that the way that it tells me every day what cards are due for review based on when I last reviewed them is really nice.

AND PLEASE MAKE A WAY TO EXPORT FLASHCARDS WITH IMAGES ON THEM FROM BRAINSCAPE! I WOULD LIKE TO BEABLE TO MOVE MY CARDS AROUND BETWEEN PROGRAMS. THANKS!

study for medical school

Brainscape review by Gautam C.
Gautam C.

"The possibility of seriously affecting education in the UK through qualification-specific decks. "

What do you like best?

For premium customers, the advanced editing features are great. They allow students like myself to create a form of learning that adapted to how I learn. Another great thing that Brainscape features is the different study modes they offer; however, these may not be so clear to a Brainscape newbie.

What do you dislike?

The advanced editing mode does not allow spelling and grammar checks while typing due to a software flaw perhaps. For content creators like myself, this can be a huge headache as we have to read through our work several times to ensure it is error free. Another big flaw within Brainscape is the fluidity of its app syncing feature. Often times, new cards will not sync correctly and empty decks remain persistent even when you try to delete them.

Brainscape provides an excellent foundation to students and content-creators such as myself. It solves what I like to call 'study procrastination through boredom'. Long, two-year courses can often be shortened into 200-300 cards, allowing for amazing results relating to last-minute exam preparation.

One of the massive problems that might make other flashcard applications, such as Studies for Mac, more attractive to your typical content creator, teacher or student is the added advantage of a physical, locally stored application. Frankly, Brainscape's web interface is not perfect and the requirement to have an internet connection in order to create cards can be very inconvenient.

Most importantly, in order to attract thousands of teachers and students in other markets, it is important to recognise and act upon the need for subject-, specification- and qualification-specific decks which will ultimately make the difference between one paying user, and hundreds of paying users. If you would like examples of such qualification-specific decks or would like to hear more from the perspective of a content creator and student, please do not hesitate to contact me on school.gautamchadha@gmail.com.

Brainscape review by Aaron K.
Aaron K.

"Excellent Digital Study Tool"

What do you like best?

The best aspects of Brainscape for students and professionals are its portability (being accessible from any device), adaptability (offering customized image uploads and advanced editing), and novelty (with its unique 1-5 recall system). It's most helpful when needing review. And once a deck is made, I can always go back in the future and re-review it at a later time.

What do you dislike?

The product still has room to improve significantly. Adding a "card of the day" notification functionality every morning would be a great way to keep students and professionals engaged in review and longitudinal learning. An easy and centralized search function through all the cards in the user profile would also be helpful. The ability to see and work on only one color at a time, and or one subset of a large deck at a time, when decks can get pretty large. I also recommend an export to PDF or back-up system for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best used as a review tool. Search for other users' flashcard sets as well, as you may find pretty useful materials in the Brainscape community.

I use it mainly for medical school boards and recall on the rote memorization topics.

Brainscape review by User

"Incredibly useful tool for learning/retaining info"

What do you like best?

I use Brainscape for its ability to add photos to flashcards and the option to use advanced formatting that other services don't offer to best design my flashcards so that they're helpful for me.

What do you dislike?

When I've answered all of the questions as a 5 (perfect), I have to reset and start my score again otherwise it'll just continually show the one flashcard that I rate a 1 (don't remember) which isn't very useful.

If the algorithm remembered which flashcards I continually got wrong and perhaps suggests these first to me when I've completed a full cycle with my flashcard set, that would be much more useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think to get the most out of Brainscape, you need to purchase the Pro subscription. Things like pictures are incredibly useful for me which was my main reason for purchasing Pro.

I like how on Brainscape I can rate flashcards from 1-5 with 1 being the worst to 5 being perfect as sometimes it's not about getting a flashcard right/wrong, it's about how much of it do you remember or how confident you feel with that flashcard.

You can also easily share flashcard sets with your friends/school, which is something I often did. There's also a "leaderboard" sort of feature that lets you see how many flashcards each member of that flashcard set has viewed which you can use to determine success. It also has some further in-depth analytics such as the scores they've gave flashcards within each set.

Brainscape review by Sophie L.
Sophie L.

"Completely changed the outcome of my university experience in terms of academics."

What do you like best?

I loved the 1-5 scale on Brainscape; it is unique! The scale allows me to review cards I have more trouble with, while still occasionally reviewing easier cards.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we cannot make folders of the cards. As an avid user of Brainscape (I use it for each university class I have), I have A LOT of stacks. However, there is no easy way to organize these stacks, and I am left with unorganized piles which really frustrate me. I have contacted Brainscape on Facebook and they told me that they were in the midst of reviewing this. I would love to see the option to make folders possible as I find it would really improve my overall Brainscape experience. Furthermore, there is no option to switch from advanced editor back to the simple editor, which I find extremely frustrating. Since the advanced editor cannot be used in dual screen mode, it makes it quite difficult to make flashcards from my class notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like I haven't seen much progress in Brainscape. The website I use seems to be rather similar to the one I used in high school. I would love to see updates and, as I mentioned before, the folders option.

It has not solved business problems per say, but it has greatly improved my memory concerning my university classes. I have achieved a 4.0 this past year, and I can confidently say that it is largely due to Brainscape. Furthermore, I allow my friends to use my stacks, which has also improved their grades.

Brainscape review by Edward C.
Edward C.

"One of my most used apps"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ability to make my own decks and the ability to practice (in my case Spanish) any time and anywhere. I'm a power user I guess. I use Brainscape every day and several times a day, essentially whenever I'm waiting for something which, as it goes, means that I use it a lot at red lights when commuting to and from work. (Sshhh... it's not texting!)

What do you dislike?

The UI lacks sufficient contrast which is only made worse by the use of very small font in some instances. Need to do user testing with people with an older demographic that is starting to have vision issues.

N/A

Brainscape review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"Easy to use flashcards with customizability"

What do you like best?

Ease of use when creating your own cards and the functionality of adding in various thing such as pictures and formating options.

What do you dislike?

Some features are paid only. I am personally glad to pay for it, but if it were paid subscription when I first joined, I may be a lot more hesistant (however I used it when it was completely free and thought it was worth paying for when it transitioned out)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a pretty neat app that has a lot of functionality. It beats out other flashcard apps in my mind because of its customizability. In my situation where I am using it for memorization of facts, it definitely outcompetes competitors such as Anki. I really enjoy being able to add pictures and such rather than only words.

I am using it for medical school. Great way to create, use and share flashcards

Brainscape review by Jacqueline S.
Jacqueline S.

"I use brainscape nearly every day"

What do you like best?

That I can house so many cards and get them all on my phone. I can also learn the cards slowly with the different levels as I master them

What do you dislike?

Only one thing I'd suggest is allowing single card in-study editing. I click "edit" but it takes me to a long list of cards in the deck. Sometimes I come across an error on a card and want to fix it right there, but have to dig through the whole deck to go find it and make changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% would recommend. I use it primarily to improve and master languages and it has improved my process so significantly and I can barely believe it. I remember vocabulary better than I have have.

I know exactly how to learn new material quickly and easily review it. It's made all the difference in my learning actually.

Brainscape review by Samuel D.
Samuel D.

"Great for medical students"

What do you like best?

It is an absolutely ideal app for medical students who need to memorize a massive amount of information. Clearly, the best format is to design your own flashcards, and Brainscape does that in a way that is fast and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes of the app to report at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others explore the options they have for both creating your own cards and utilizing cards that others have made.

Solving the problem of memorizing massive amounts of information in a short period of time. I've also realized the benefit of both basic and advanced card editors.

Brainscape review by John R.
John R.

"Great partnership and flexible product"

What do you like best?

Brainscape made it easy to upload lots of great content and get started with their system quickly. For our customers, the big value Brainscape brings is 1) mobile responsive environment and 2) adaptive learning technology.

What do you dislike?

The basic flashcard delivery is in black and white -- would be great to add some visual flash.

We partnered with Brainscape to deliver some of our science and test prep content. They brought a high level of technical expertise and a world-class platform, allowing us to focus on creating good content while leveraging their existing technology.

Brainscape review by Kendon K.
Kendon K.

"Excellent study tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface that is visually appealing. You have the ability to study on your computer or on your mobile device. Easy to share with colleagues and collaborate on projects together. Studying is intuitive. Gets the job done in a simple and elegant manner.

Customer service is responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Minor dislikes: Web site can be slow at times. Some useful features are only available with paid accountants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth trying and do not hesitate asking customer support for help or advice.

Easy way to collaborate on topics with colleagues and students.

Brainscape review by Andrea J C.
Andrea J C.

"Flashcard learning"

What do you like best?

Uploading my own learning decks is in valuable. The user interface is friendly to use. The system learns very quickly what you know and what you don't know. So it saves time and doesn't repeat things you know well, thus keeping you interested.

What do you dislike?

It's very expensive so some users will probably not want to pay that much to upload their own cards. There should be a two tiered payment system, Pro and intermediate.

There are still some glitches with various browsers like Firefox.

There is no way to insert a card into your deck and a few other editing issues which I hope will be fixed this autumn. These issues have been a long time coming.

I am not using Brainscape for business. Just for language learning.

Brainscape review by Ned J.
Ned J.

"I use brainscape for medical school memorization purposes."

What do you like best?

Decks are well organized. Interface is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

1) If I have only one remaining card in deck, it will continually test me on this card, which does not force me to memorize the information.

2) The order of the flashcards needs to be randomly shuffled.

3) I would like for my cards to automatically sync on other devices. I usually have to download a deck, and then I am prompted whether I want to download other desks. Would be nice to at least be prompted initially to download all unsynced decks.

4) Would be nice if cards were content agnostic (could paste images).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would not use if needing multimedia cards.

I am using it for graduate school purposes.

Brainscape review by Tedman M.
Tedman M.

"Best learning application available "

What do you like best?

The user quickly rates each flashcard based on how well they know the topic. Based on this rating that flashcard will automatically be reviewed more or less within the application. This maximizes the users study time, focusing on what remains to be learned and not on flipping through cards the user already knows.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about this application. The hosts of the application have listened to previous concerns and, shockingly, made changes within the program to make the application more user friendly. I was extremely impressed with the responsiveness of the team at Brainscape.

I am learning the craft of dentistry with this application and learn each topic faster than many in my class because of Brainscape.

Brainscape review by Administrator

"The best way to learn! "

What do you like best?

The most I like is the rating sistem and the algorythm that is use, in order to repeat the questions just before your short term memory is about to forget them, according to how well you know the information in each card. It is a very sophisticated algorythm, and it is very efficent. for those who may think, "that´s not learning, thats just memorizing", well to them I say: that´s learning!

What do you dislike?

Probably, the thing I dislike, it´s that there´s not a multiple choice variety, where the program automaticaly rate how well you know stuff, because, let´s be honest, sometimes we lie to ourselves or we are not objective.

An other thing will probably be, that there is no a wide range for card organization, there are topics that need to be divide in many subtopics.

Right now I used for Med school, for a Exam that´s quite similar as the USMLE at the USA, at first all my friends look weird, now they all use it, because... it works! and very good BTW

Brainscape review by User

"works well, but I can only truly recommend the Pro version"

What do you like best?

Brainscape Pro appears to run much more smoothly than the free version with the ability to use more than plain text as well as to make card sets secret and to add photos (and I believe audio?) to one's flashcards. It appears to be a pretty well-oiled machine, minus how folks using the free version may get blocked out from Pro users' cards once they edit them, which is frustrating. I would like to see this issue being remedied. Also, the Pro app comes at a very high price point. For this price, I hope that no further issues will arrive as well.

What do you dislike?

Please see above. The price point is very high, versus free flashcard apps and there are some major glitches between Pro and free users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Pro should really come as a trial version first. I'd also like to see the lifetime user price drop, especially as a student.

Please see above. I am a personal user and am not affiliated with a business when using Brainscape.

"Great study tool!"

What do you like best?

1-5 ratings system apps me to rank my confidence better than other applications/sites that only use "thumbs up/down" feature. This in addition to color coating the cards helps studying not seem so monotonous.

What do you dislike?

I wish I didn't have to pay for some of the advanced features. I've been using brainscape for at least the last 5 years and got used to downloading and creating decks from my tablet. When you guys removed those features from me and made me pay for them it kinda sucked :(. I wish long time users would of gotten granderfathered in or somthing. I almost never use my pc for flashcards and have strayed to anki because of this. I also wish it was easier to convert other flashcards apps to brainscape style. I finally caved in and got my brainscape pro and was sad to see that not all my flash cards from other apps would convert without major work on my part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It may be your next love!

I don't have to study as long. I'm in medical school and being able to take brainscape with me to the wards and review between patients has been a huge help.

Brainscape review by Edel M.
Edel M.

"Audio Visual assessment for learning flashcards"

What do you like best?

The self assessment aspect and the increased repetition of lesser known words

What do you dislike?

Very lengthy process to add audio clip (must be done individually)

I would love the option of a final test, where students could type in the answers and get a percentage at the end, linked to the teachers account. This could be then used as an assessment of learning technique at the end of a topic.

Better learning by students

Brainscape review by Chadd P.
Chadd P.

"ESL"

What do you like best?

Comprehension Spanish with listening practice and sentence building.

What do you dislike?

No English language learning to match the quality of the Spanish language Brainscape decks. The ESL version provided is only vocab. Also, here in Guatemala where computer labs are a luxury, I utilize my tablet a lot. I would like to be able to create profiles that have there own set of decks and confidence levels so I can keep track of each user all within my single tablet and to do that with out internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works!

Improving my Spanish as a foreigner teaching in a Spanish speaking country and working one on one with kids using the ESL decks.

Brainscape review by User

"I've been using Brainscape for 3 years now and I'm absolutely thrilled with it!"

What do you like best?

I like how Brainscape's interface is so simple and easy to use. Brainscape is better than any other flashcard app I've tried, because it is designed to focus on your weak areas. Rather than randomly bringing out cards, they bring out the cards you don't know the answer to to improve. This is the most effective approach that works for me. I've suggested this app to many friends and they all feel their studying effectiveness is maximized with this app. In addition, there are default flashcards you can buy to learn about a particular subject.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you have to pay for some of the more useful features that used to be free but that's something that can't be helped! I'm grateful for the free services provided for poorer students like me.

I have not found any business problems or benefits with Brainscape.

Brainscape review by Kimberly W.
Kimberly W.

"Brainscape for Med Students"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to make flash cards and have the ability to rate how well you know the cards which influences how often you see that card again.

What do you dislike?

Paying for Pro features like adding pictures and sharing cards with friends. I joined before they changed their business model and got used to using it with those extra features but then they started charging for them.

As a medical student, I need to learn copious amounts of information in a short span of time. Not having to waste time on cards that I already know is extremely valuable for me and such a time-saver.

Brainscape review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Vital for Physical Therapy"

What do you like best?

The logarithm embedded in Braisncape flash card application is the most effective tool for memorizing flash cards in a short period of time; looks nice.

What do you dislike?

Inability to create categories within a deck; inability to use advanced editor in iPad; inability to import/export advanced edited flashcards; inability to add cards in iPad once advanced editing is chosen; inability to choose which decks to study in "smart study"; inability to combine decks in different subjects; inability to create 3 sided cards; inability to customize appearance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you try it for 6 months before purchasing the app

It allows employees to memorize whatever they need to memorize.

Brainscape review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Quick retention of information"

What do you like best?

I have been recommending brainscape in our medical board preparation center in the Philippines. In the board reviews, students cram information they learned for 4 years in just 2 months. Most of the subjects need intense memorization, especially anatomy. My mentees highly recommend my flash cards for it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the sharing system which appears to be so tedious. I have to individually send links of my subjects rather than sharing the whole deck.

This process discourages my mentees to download the decks that I have.

Since I work in a board preparation center, Brainscape has improved the outcomes of the reviewees. This result led to more students enrolled in our center. I have realized that Brainscape help us achieve our goals in a short span of time. It also allow us to track the progress of our students in the center.

Brainscape review by Cory O.
Cory O.

"Awesome Notecard System"

What do you like best?

The color-coded stacking system is awesome and the method the program uses helps to maximize efficiency in learning the terms.

What do you dislike?

I think the note cards could be more interactive - like the viewer could have to type a sentence using the word before moving on - say as an option, not as default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! Download one of the sets of note cards; they are fantastic!

Well, I am a teacher - it helps me create lists for students to study; even helps students create lists and share; the main use I get from it is increasing vocabulary knowledge.

Brainscape review by User in Higher Education

"Brainscape Review"

What do you like best?

I like that you are easily able to make flash cards for classes that you are in and Brainscape tracks your "mastery" in the subjects. You can look up different flashcards that have been made by others. You can also collaborate with your peers and share study sets.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it only really allows you to flip through the flashcards that you made and rate your knowledge on the subject rather than quiz, test, or play games with the cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using this program if you are looking to collaborate with your peers and learn about new topics via flashcards

Through this program, you are easily able to create flashcards to learn and quiz yourself on different subjects. You can also collaborate with your peers and share study sets.

Brainscape review by Felipe E.
Felipe E.

"Best App to learn any subject "

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to create my on flashcards, my own way with my own words.

What do you dislike?

I would really like and option to rearrange the flashcard's order

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know how to use and embrace it, it can help you achieve anything.

Brainscape allows me to study any time, anywhere, in a really smart way.

Brainscape review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"i use it a lot to increase mastering my studies"

What do you like best?

I learn a lot with this and i had teach with it and was a great expirence

What do you dislike?

Few android platforms supported. Not being able to sell flashcards through the app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you ca use it any where, you can master more subjects at any time

teaching hebrew letters, words, specific vocabulary for a book section

Brainscape review by Rana C.
Rana C.

"Invaluable tool for memorization"

What do you like best?

It is an easy to use tool, smooth interface, intuitive controls. The repetitiveness of the questioning really helped sink in the knowledge. I have recommended this to many medical students to help them study more efficiently and effectively.

What do you dislike?

For a long time i disliked the lack of an android app, but that has been since rectified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it

I am a physician, and this tool was invaluable during my training. I was required to memorize long lists of facts and brainscape was one of the most efficient ways to do this.

Brainscape review by James P.
James P.

"Great tool for learning "

What do you like best?

I like the ratings and the social aspect. It's great to focus on the things you really need to learn, and to see if you are studying more or less than your friends.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have different ways of interacting with the cards. Also I get that message about clicking the button in the bottom a lot where I'd like to just click the card and it flips.

Getting my coworkers up to speed on menu descriptions and cocktail recipes are good for increasing business at my restaurant.

Brainscape review by Kewmars K.
Kewmars K.

"Anki has one feature that makes it better"

What do you like best?

The 1-5 scale. I like the percent score that changes as you rate how well you know each card.

What do you dislike?

That there is no quick, easy way to create fill-in-the-blank cards like Anki does. If Brainscape can implement the "cloze" feature then I would subscribe for pro service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study with ease.

Memorizing medical terms.

Brainscape review by Vitali R.
Vitali R.

"Best way of learning whatever you want "

What do you like best?

You can create flash cards the way you need it.

What do you dislike?

Way of pro subscription works,. ( if you pay for it and give others link to use your flash cards, should be no extra charge to others)

I have prepared myself for my private hire license by creating and using personal flash cards

Brainscape review by Baruch S.
Baruch S.

"Very good flash card app, needs some improvements"

What do you like best?

Easily making flash cards, the 1-5 ranking system, adaptive questions.

What do you dislike?

Can't add pictures or sounds without going into "advance mode" which isn't available in iOS. Can't edit a card while in study mode. Can't search for cards in edit mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement the suggestions I've been making for 2 years.

Graduate school. Improved grades.

Brainscape review by Tony P.
Tony P.

"A good flashcard system"

What do you like best?

It allows you to input flashcards on your own, which helps you tailor your study.

What do you dislike?

The only thing to dislike is the digital format, which can't be helped (it is, after all, an app!). But it is nevertheless a suitable digital replacement for tangible flash cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any flashcard software, keep at it! The more you do it, the more the information sticks and the easier the software becomes.

It helps people learn important information in a way that is highly retainable.

Brainscape review by Jerica G.
Jerica G.

"Review by Jerica Golez"

What do you like best?

I love how giving feedback determines how much you see the card. Like if you don't know something well, it repeats it more often.

What do you dislike?

I understand that you have to charge for the app, but I still wish it was free.

I don't really have business problems but it helps with school

Brainscape review by Nick K.
Nick K.

"Great software for memorizing and retaining info"

What do you like best?

Cross-platform use - I can type up flashcards on the computer and then study them on my phone

Confidence ratings - Being able to rate a card based on confidence and have the least confident ones recur more often is very useful

What do you dislike?

That I can no longer reset the confidence ratings of my cards. I used to be able to, but this feature is now locked behind a paywall

I am a college student and brainscape helps me immensely to study for tests. It's my primary study tool

Brainscape review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Not too shabby"

What do you like best?

The level of information you can maintain on each card

What do you dislike?

The fact that I have pay in order to input graphics into my flashcards

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just contact customer support about any sort of optional quests as far as displays Graphics things that you would like to see that not necessarily pay for front but as a trial effort and then to definitely really play around with the features while you're making your different flashcards.

Studying for professional exam. No real issues as far as solving business problems are concerned.

Brainscape review by User

"Medicine made easy thanks to Brainscape"

What do you like best?

My favourite part about Brainscape is how easy and user friendly it is. I can quickly type up the flashcards on my latest work and use the intelligence of the software to focus on the flashcards that I struggle most with. I can also easily download the flashcards that other students have made concerning a particular subject and I can even share my own flashcards with my friends.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike. Perhaps I would make the computer version more user friendly, as I find my tablet a lot easier to work with using brainscape.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! Brainscape is an amazing platform.

It ensures that I remember my work well and will one day be a successful doctor.

Brainscape review by Angus M.
Angus M.

"Amazing Study Tool"

What do you like best?

The part that I love the best about this application is the simple fact that it allows you to study all your information on the go.

What do you dislike?

What I do dislike about this app is that there is no way to somehow scan in your flash cards to avoid having to type out all of the information (on a tight schedule).

Primarily, I use this app for my educational necessities but I can see how brainscape might help someone memorize their business vocab.

Brainscape review by Rose S.
Rose S.

"Easy to use on the go"

What do you like best?

That I can make my own flash cards and mark cards that I need to study more.

What do you dislike?

When I answer correctly, the card doesn't appear on future study times as often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a try for great notecards.

It's also become a great note tool for new concepts that I need to learn. I use the cards as a fun way to learn the concepts without the pages and pages of notes I took. Key concepts help jog my memory for the details.

Brainscape review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"Largely positive"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating and editing cards and sharing with friends

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to add images without a subscription

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you can find all your topics as creating topics is quite long winded

Personally I have not had to solve any business problems

Learning about Brainscape?

* We monitor all Brainscape reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.