Brainscape

Creating a smarter world by simplifying and accelerating the learning process

Work for Brainscape?

Ask Brainscape a Question
Showing 154 Brainscape reviews
Brainscape review by <span>Marie K.</span>
Marie K.

"Simple but great tool for your Flashcards"

What do you like best?

The fact that you have your flashcards everywhere with you. On a desktop system at home or on the train to work via your mobile phone. This is a great benefit for my students. Also, some of the premade flashcard decks are very useful if you have no time to build one yourself.

What do you dislike?

Some decks are very questionable to say the least. Also, the price is very high in my opinion for the tool if you do not want to use only the basic model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free as it is a great product for the features it offers but I think other than the basic version the costs are too high.

We are building several decks from time to time for our students. Since they are all at work and learn for off-the-job training at our facility but also at home the time factor is of great importance. Brainscape has the benefit that you can easily make several decks of flashcards with various topics for the students and they can access and learn with them from everywhere in the world.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brainscape
Brainscape review by <span>Angie P.</span>
Angie P.

"Cannot say enough good things!"

What do you like best?

My favourite part about Brainscape is that the cards are repeated based on how well you know them. I find this to be an incredibly useful tool.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to archive decks. I'm often focusing on one or two decks, but would still like to save the remaining ones for future reference. However, I have to scroll through the entire library just to find the ones that I'm currently working on. It would be really nice if there were an archive-like feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend buying Brainscape. Although you can participate as a free user, I've never been disappointed in my purchase. They've also recently introduced an inability to access more than a few free decks if you are a free user, and it really is worth being able to access all of them.

For myself, this is a tool for school. I'm a math and computer science major, and it has helped me with so many theorems and definitions, it's unbelievable. One of my best experiences was needing to learn the Greek alphabet for maths. Instead of needing to create my own deck, I was able to search the marketplace and come up with already-created content. It was fantastic!

What Study Tools solution do you use?

Brainscape review by <span>Glory S.</span>
Glory S.

"One Amazing Company that works faster to help help you Learn Faster "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Brainscape is the amazing Brainscape Team that run the business and really care about the service attitude of "Customer Happiness". Through our partnership with Brainscape and "thought leaders" Andrew Cohen and Andy Lutz, we have developed our exclusive Ultimate Music Theory Flashcards Subjects with them and together we are enriching lives through music education.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I have never been able to meet the Brainscape Team in person. In today's virtual world of working together across the globe, we often don't get to meet in person. It's on my bucket list to meet Andrew Cohen and Andy Lutz for a great cup of coffee on of these days. (My treat!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product, Great Support, Great Attitude!

Business problems solved with Brainscape is that they have an amazing platform of proven technology that is already working successfully with great results. Our business is content - Ultimate Music Theory Education - we got that! Working together with Brainscape has solved the issue of creating something that is already available to us and a great partnership for our business. They given us the opportunity to grow in the market place by offering a unique product of UMT flashcard subjects that correlate to our UMT Workbooks. Brainscape is a Perfect Partner for Ultimate Music Theory.

Brainscape review by <span>Craig A.</span>
Craig A.

"Brainscape - I love it"

What do you like best?

It's easy to create my your course. I'm learning Tetum Praça, the língua franca of East Timor. There is very little available online to learn it. But I have a PDF of the US Peace Corp Tetum manual. So I typed all the words and phrases into a spreadsheet and uploaded it to Brainscape to create my own course. No other product that I've found provides such capability so well.

What do you dislike?

Big big missing ingredient (unless it's been added recently): the system needs to be enhanced so that it automatically flips the word/phrase pairs back and forth. You can generated the opposing cards automatically, but this is a dumb solution. Brainscape, please update your software so that it intelegently alternates the cards.

I'm learning an obscure language that I need for aid work in a small country that no organisation is likely to create an online language course for. Brainscape enabled me to repurpose an existing document to create my own online interactive course.

Brainscape review by <span>Daniel A.</span>
Daniel A.

"Good for Study and Review"

What do you like best?

I really liked how easy it was to help me study for certification tests. I was able to purchase flash cards online and upload them easily to the app. It was most useful for studying during times when you're usually just standing around - on the train, in line at a restaurant, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it wouldn't load correctly and that got annoying when I was on a roll. That wasn't too often though, so I really didn't notice it affecting my progress so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say don't hesitate - use it! Any tool that makes studying easier is worth trying out. I found it to be very effective when reviewing for my CPA exam.

Employees were able to study for certification testing. I think it was a great tool that was provided, instead of just making flash cards on your own. Personally I used it to study for my CPA exam while working at Paul McCoy, and it could be used for other certification tests as well.

Brainscape review by <span>Peter P.</span>
Peter P.

"The Best Exam Prep Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like how confidence levels can be established on the 1-5 scale and how I'm reminded through the alerts to keep studying when I take a day off. I've used this app for several professional certification exams and passed them all because of this app. I promote this app on my social media blog because I want other students to see the benefits of using Brainscape.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save all your flashcards in excel before deleting any decks.

The ability to study on the go becomes addicting. Rather than divulging in social media apps, I turn on Brainscape instead. It feels good knowing I'm working on bettering myself with my phone and using technology to get ahead.

Learning about Brainscape?

* We monitor all Brainscape reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories