Braintree Direct

3.8

Braintree's robust, multifaceted platform is ideal for subscription-based businesses wanting to set up recurring billing or accept repeat payments online.

Work for Braintree Direct?

Learning about Braintree Direct?

Braintree Direct Reviews

Ask Braintree Direct a Question
Showing 69 Braintree Direct reviews
Braintree Direct review by Ashlee A.
Ashlee A.

"Braintree is Perfect for Customer Transaction"

What do you like best?

1) Customer Service - The customer service was exceptional. When we first started using Braintree we had a lot of questions and they had no problem with answering them all. It is hard to find good customer service anymore and I respect Braintree for putting in such an effort to achieve high customer service.

2) Ease of Use - The product was more than easy to use. This is an important feature for a payment platform to have. I have used a lot of different payment platforms and Braintree is one of the easiest I have ever used.

What do you dislike?

1) Set Up - Set up took a lot longer than expected and required more time than originally suggested. This caused a major set back which could have been detrimental to the company. However, Braintree worked to fix the problem asap.

2) Configuration with API - It took a long time to configure with the API and took even longer to figure out how it worked. Make sure to spend enough time working with the API and Braintree during the trial phase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your API is supported and that you give yourself enough time to implement. The process takes a long time so don't expect to happen overnight.

Look at all payment platforms before settling for any. There are a lot out there.

Needed something to use besides PayPal payments.. Braintree works better than PayPal in some cases but also has some major setbacks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Braintree Direct
Braintree Direct review by User in Internet

"Simple, clean interface that delivers results."

What do you like best?

I love how searchable the product is - I can paste in an email, transaction number, account name, or contact name and easily locate their account and recent transactions.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would change is how quickly the session times out when you are not actively using the page. I gets a bit tiring to log in every time I want to check a transaction. (Although, I realize this makes it more secure)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, simple interface to easily track payments.

We use Braintree to investigate, track, and refund transactions. It adds an essential level of transparency that lets us view automatic customer payments in a simple way. We especially value the simplicity of the refund feature, which automatically gives you the option of a receipt, which we use frequently.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Braintree Direct review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Unless you want to accept Paypal, just use Stripe"

What do you like best?

I think the only reason I would use Braintree is if I wanted to accept Paypal payments. Otherwise, everything about Stripe is better (from what I've experienced).

What do you dislike?

The documentation is not very straightforward. Neither is their user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you need to support Paypal, you should probably just use Stripe.

Accepting payments. Braintree solved the problem of allowing us to take payments from credit/debit as well as Paypal, but I still prefer Stripe.

Braintree Direct review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Comprehensive payment solution for subscriptions and one-off transactions"

What do you like best?

Detailed documentation and client libraries for many languages / platforms. Easy to configure plans, plan add-ons, and discounts.

The admin interface is clean and provides fairly comprehensive reports.

What do you dislike?

Documentation does not exist for HTTP API, only client libraries. No API exists to create plans, add-ons, or discounts - must be created through the admin interface. Currently no client library for Go.

We use Braintree for SaaS subscription billing and transaction billing.

Braintree Direct review by Ariel Jr S.
Ariel Jr S.

"My Review"

What do you like best?

Lots of payment supported channel like android pay etc.

What do you dislike?

Poor documentation for android sdk. Hope to have more examples on integration.

Supporting different payment channels.

Braintree Direct review by Elizabeth (Lizzie) S.
Elizabeth (Lizzie) S.

"Alright Payment System"

What do you like best?

Free to use, works with a lot of cards and payment services.

What do you dislike?

API documentation could have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use documentation.

Making payment-requiring apps.

Braintree Direct review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Best way to collect payments from customers. "

What do you like best?

The entire process was simple to get started.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this with our Freshbooks account and it just works. Our customer experience has improved by offering them a quick and easy interface to pay.

Customer orders the product and want a fast, simple, and secure way to pay for it. The most common error we have is that a customer overlooks their own billing address. The reporting helps identify that very quickly.

Braintree Direct review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Braintree is good, Stripe is amazing"

What do you like best?

What I really like about Braintree was the easy way to integrate with our Ruby on Rails App, and the concept they have called "payment_method_nonce"

What do you dislike?

We didn't find a good library to mock the calls to the Braintree in our test suite, at the end we ended using VCR + Webmock

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is so mucho better

Buy tickets online

Braintree Direct review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Fully featured"

What do you like best?

Braintree is fully featured as a payment gateway. It has features that other large competitors do not have yet when we were integrating. Features such as ACH payments and international payments were not available when Stripe was initially launched.

What do you dislike?

It is not popular, therefore does not have as much support.

n/a

Braintree Direct review by User in Computer Software

"Good features and API"

What do you like best?

As a developer I appreciated all the features they provide and the well-documented API's available to integrate them. They provide nice client libraries in many languages and my experience with the Ruby client has been good.

What do you dislike?

Using the nice features and API amount to vendor lock-in. This is hard to avoid since there aren't any standards around some of these things.

We need to take recurring online credit card payments and Braintree has helped us to do exactly that with few issues.

Braintree Direct review by Cristi H.
Cristi H.

"Braintree Brainless Payment Solutions!"

What do you like best?

Braintree is extremely user friendly and our in-house developer was able to integrate with Salesforce in less than 2-days.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have nothing bad to say about Braintree.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Braintree's Payment Gateway!

Saved time through seamless integration and user friendly interface! We switched to Braintree from FirsData and it literally takes me half the time to setup a customer and process a payment in Braintree than it did in FirstData.

Braintree Direct review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Overall great API but can improve compared to Stripe"

What do you like best?

Easy subscription management and low commissions

What do you dislike?

Cannot upgrade or downgrade to different billing periods on same subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you design your subscriptions plans correctly.

Maintain plans, subscriptions, customer vaults are the problems I am solving. Benefit is great customer service and not bad in responding to emails.

Braintree Direct review by Hussein K.
Hussein K.

"Best payment gateway for startups"

What do you like best?

Braintree is very easy to set up and has inexpensive rates. That's what makes it good.

What do you dislike?

Onboarding is a bit of a pain as you have to send over a bunch of documents (bill, passport, registration, etc). That's the part that's a problematic part of Braintree.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better and cheaper than Stripe

I sell cupcakes via www.beasofbloomsbury.com

Another one of my business runs www.erosnow.com

Braintree Direct review by Denise G.
Denise G.

"So much easier than our previous credit card processing system."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, friendly and intuitive design

What do you dislike?

Sales chart not the same as the close batch reports

Cheaper, more user friendly credit card processing system

Braintree Direct review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Very technically flexible, great customer service"

What do you like best?

Customer support was awesome. Once the API was properly understood, it was super flexible and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit of work to use the API and get it to work properly with our processes. There is a learning curve, its not quite plug and play.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play with the API before your go live date. It is supper flexible, but implementing it right can be tricky

Braintree Direct review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Used them and worked for them through eBay "

What do you like best?

Flexibility, simple integration, payment options and top class mobile solutions

What do you dislike?

nothing They are easy to use and reliable. Top class tech support, supports alternative payments and easy to work with when problems occur which is very very rare

Recommendations to others considering the product

If wanting mobile solutions they are, in my opinion the best in class

non really at the moment

Braintree Direct review by Arun A.
Arun A.

"Excellent gateway option.. Very easy to use.."

What do you like best?

Searching for transactions, refunding, editing recurring payments etc..

What do you dislike?

Some chargeback results are not communicated properly,

Chine UnionPay is not supported

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good payment gateway and easy to use but China Union Pay is not supported

We use Briantree to collect payments of magazine subscriptions,,, it works better that PayPal in some cases

Braintree Direct review by Jakub A.
Jakub A.

"Least stressful payment gateway to deal with (e-commerece site)"

What do you like best?

The staff at Braintree is extremely responsive and well informed. Initially I had no intention of using Braintree but my interaction with their sales managers and technical support made it an easy choice.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that comes to mind as a negative experience. Through various businesses I've dealt with many payment services and Braintree definitely ranks at the top of my list for e-commerce sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used Braintree for an e-commerce site which turned into a variant of a deal site model. I did not have any experience with very large numbers of payment transactions before this business and each of my interactions with Braintree made it seem simple and very manageable, which left more energy to focus on growth.

Braintree Direct review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"Easy to implement payment platform"

What do you like best?

Has support for multiple programming languages (ruby, php, python, java, .net...) great documentation, did not take too much reading to understand how to implement. Makes subscription as well as one time transactions easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

No complaints, but we're not finished implementing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplified payments at a reasonable price

Learning about Braintree Direct?

* We monitor all Braintree Direct reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.