Braintree Payments

Braintree's robust, multifaceted platform is ideal for subscription-based businesses wanting to set up recurring billing or accept repeat payments online.

Work for Braintree Payments?

Learning about Braintree Payments?

Braintree Payments Reviews

Ask Braintree Payments a Question
Showing 69 Braintree Payments reviews
Braintree Payments review by Alkesh G.
Alkesh G.

"One of the best gateway"

What do you like best?

Simple integration and lovely api. Awesome gem.

They have all the required apis which any merchant requires. There was one rquirement i need from braintree. It was to fetch all transaction of a day.

The version which we used i guess it was 2.0 or something, i needed to upgrade my gem version to 2.22.0 and used the api i wanted. It was a simple task and explored a lot about braintree. I completed the task in a day and was pushed to production the same day. It was an lovely experience. Would love to be a part of braintree and would love to contribute to this open sourced gem.

What do you dislike?

There were NO reason i DISLIKED the gem. The gem is seriously awesome. Minimum failure rate. To be very frank, Indian payment gateways need a gateway like braintree, for easy integration and development.

I hope braintree comes soon in india and make the gateway system bug free and customers happy.

Waiting for braintree arrival in India.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Braintree is simply the best. We should use it.

Payments and single step checkout solved a lot of my problems. The transparent redirect was the best which i loved.

We face issues were we go to the merchant panel and select our card / add card and then return back to merchant website. Braintree transparent redirect was the best thing which i have ever seen. It is fast and extremely user friendly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Braintree Payments
Braintree Payments review by Lark I.
Lark I.

"Great rates for full features "

What do you like best?

They don't have any monthly rates. I also frequently set up automatic subscriptions and there's no additional charge for that. I can securely store client credit cards for when they need to be billed again at a later date rather than having to make the client enter their credit card on an online page every time. This is inconvenient for my clients.

What do you dislike?

I preferred Braintree before it was bought by Paypal. Once it became part of Paypal it seems to now follow all of Paypals structures and pricing. It doesn't have the monthly cost of Paypal's business options so I still think Braintree is the best out there. I'm disappointed that they took away the no fees for up to 50k of charges for the first year. This was such a selling point when I told others about Braintree. I LOVE braintree but I'd be less likely to recommend it now because it isn't intuitive for non-techy people who can find other options at similar rates.

All of my credit card processing. They make it simple so I don't have to worry about the more difficult aspects of maintaining PCI compliance.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Braintree Payments review by JCs Wildlife J.
JCs Wildlife J.

"Best Security For Best Price"

What do you like best?

Small businesses are targeted by fraudsters who have gotten hold of someone's credit card number. We have had an issue with this in the past and it cost us a lot of money with our old payment verification system. We found out the hard way that, although it was difficult to use, it lacked the necessary security, and fraudulent orders were not discovered until it was too late, and we were not covered when the charges were disputed.

What do you dislike?

It is absolutely essential that you follow all of the sign-up procedures and read all documents. We did face a problem 90 days in where every single customer was refunded their money because of a missed step. We got the issue resolved, but it was a rough day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be sorry if you use this program. It does not require any special skills, but is safe and secure. The few issues I have had (and you should always expect to have some issues with any program) were fixed immediately.

We have seen a decrease in fraud attempts and chargeback claims. We recently had a customer tell us that they will be shopping with our company in the future because we are more secure than other online stores. The refund process is easy to use. We can accept more forms of payment. The whole process is user-friendly from start to finish.

Braintree Payments review by Oksana U.
Oksana U.

"Low fees, nice support and high security"

What do you like best?

For me, the fees are lower than those with other providers like Stripe etc.

I got relatively quick service feedback, within 24-48 hours

What do you dislike?

It was a bit complicated to set up the risk/security bits on my profile, as I am just starting out and the questions were difficult to answer. But I just had to get really informed about this serious business of taking payments and then that was sorted too. The customer support was also helpful to get this sorted.

I collect payments globally and have the lowest possible fees on them, the interface is quite simple and the customer service is good

Braintree Payments review by User

"Ease of use is poor "

What do you like best?

Processing payments in Braintree is pretty seamless when customers have previously saved their card information on our e-commerce website. That has been convenient for our customers so that they don't have to provide their card information each time we place orders for them over the phone. So, we love the vault and the ability to save credit card info when our customer's requests that we do so.

What do you dislike?

The chargeback and fraud process in Braintree is quite confusing and the organization of the original transaction and dispute info is complicated. For example, when you click on the dispute id in a chargeback, the dispute info doesn't include the original order id#. So, you then have to go back, select the transaction id, then you are able to view the original order id#. It would be helpful if all order id #'s and applicable information from the original transaction was included in the dispute information. Not having all necessary information in one central location is frustrating. Overall, the organization of information isn't clear and the process is not particularly easy to do.

Using the search function in Braintree is hit or miss- especially when the transaction is over 30 days old. For example, oftentimes we search by order id# in the search bar and are able to find the transaction we're looking for, but other times we search by order id# and nothing comes up. At that point, we have to use the advanced search feature, make sure the filter matches EXACTLY what we're searching for (contains, is not, etc.) and try to locate the transaction that way. It seems like there is either an issue with older transaction OR the search bar isn't "smart." Either way, the search bar doesn't seem to perform the way I assume it's supposed to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend spending time in a sandbox or demo of Braintree before opting to go this route. In theory the search bar is great, but in reality it doesn't work consistently and is pretty frustrating. The organization of information for specific transactions is also a headache. There are just too many id's (dispute, transaction, order id, reference#, case id). I understand that this info is important, but feel that the organization is confusing and unclear.

Braintree's vault has been especially useful in that we do not have to ask our customer's to provide their card info each time they place an order. That is the only benefit that I've realized when comparing Braintree to other payment processors that we've used in the past.

Braintree Payments review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"Braintree"

What do you like best?

Braintree is easy to search and allows you to easily find transactions you need to verify. Braintree is easy to use and allows you to track your accounts and manage subscriptions easily.

What do you dislike?

Braintree can sometimes not give you all the information you are looking to find for an account. Braintree Recurring Billing can also be slow to use when you have a high volume of subscriptions that you are managing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Braintree recurring billing if you have a simple subscription based product or program that you need to obtain payment for. Braintree is easy to use and customer service agents can easily use the software and use it to verify payments and accounts for customers.

Braintree allows you to easily manage your subscriptions and obtain recurring payments from user accounts. The benefits of Braintree are that you can easily set up customer accounts and track billing for your customer subscriptions.

Braintree Payments review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great Merchant Account"

What do you like best?

Free virtual terminal, free gateway and well documented api. The discount rate is competitive comparing to stripe and squareup and other merchant accounts using payment gateway, such as authorize.net...and merchants can accept different types of credit cards, much better than authorize.net.

What do you dislike?

Have to write api scripts to connect with shopping cart but it is easy. Other than that, nothing to not like it about. However, some large transaction requires manual approval by their risk department.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has many free features without nonsense fees, unlike regular merchant account but it is a regular merchant account.

Save lots of fees on processing credit cards and customers can always find their payment receipts.

Braintree Payments review by Miguel P.
Miguel P.

"Using Braintree for Subscriptions and one-off payments"

What do you like best?

Once it is set up, it has not given us almost any problem. Allows customization of most parameters:, offers drop-in forms (although we don't use them), and also custom ones.

What do you dislike?

They do not provide API access to discount and plan creation, so we have to do it by hand on their web console.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation first: the documentation code snippets can be seen matching the SDK of the language you're using, so it's always easy to follow. Use the client libraries: we use the Ruby one and it works like a charm.

For local testing you can use the sandbox, it has the same features as the production one, and you can use fake credit cards on it.

For testing, we use the fake_braintree gem, but you can also mock the web calls, or record them with something like Ruby's VCR.

We are charging our customers via a recurring subscription, with discounts and custom plans. We also sell gift cards of our services, charged via Braintree as one-off payments.

Braintree Payments review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Solid platform for all kinds of payments"

What do you like best?

Supports so many payment methods. Easy documentation to follow. Multivendor and card hold capabilities.

What do you dislike?

The admin panel is a bit funky. It should be much easier to view customers and transactions without having to go into the search. IE needs a better admin dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid platform, give it a try if the current solution isn't working.

Handling customer payments, doing subscription payments. Embedding within our software for clients to handle their payments.

Braintree Payments review by Esteban A.
Esteban A.

"Excellent payment gateway, super happy with it."

What do you like best?

I have been using Braintree for around 4 years now. The experience has been great. I have never had to spend too much time when integrating it on my projects. It fits super well with any Ruby stack. And their API is extremely well done. They also have a good customer support and the response is always super fast.

What do you dislike?

When I found out that Braintree was being acquired by PayPal I got a little scare, by that time PayPal didn't have a good reputation and I already had 2 projects running on production, so I thought the price was going to rise. It didn't happened but I still think that it shouldn't happen. Braintree would be even better if they would have continued on their on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're planning to integrate Braintree into a Ruby on Rails project I would recommend you to extract all the logic into a separate module or lib. and use interfaces when charging and dealing with the common actions. This way you will be able to change to another provider if needed by only changing module or lib.

I think I have used almost every feature of Braintree, from simple customer charge to recurring payments for Business with discounts. If you ever need to receive money no matter from, Braintree is the way to go with.

Braintree Payments review by Steve J.
Steve J.

"Simple Payments for Web Applications"

What do you like best?

I really liked the ease of integration with both Rails and Javascript as well as the simple addition of Paypal to increase sales.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the pricing come down just a little, especially with startups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and I know there are others in the space like Stripe. Braintree has all the great features and simple Paypal integration.

It provided us an easy payments processor.

Braintree Payments review by Marco Emmanuel P.
Marco Emmanuel P.

"One of the best payment integrations out there"

What do you like best?

I found braintree by accident and immediately understood how powerful this idea is and how much I could benefit from using it. Their documentation is great for developers and they had clients for every single application I had on my belt. During the sandbox tests the api and interaction was clean and reliable too. Now every time I have to think about a payment option this guys are on the top of my list.

What do you dislike?

The website doesn't provide a lot of information on how to use it, videos or interactive widgets that let me know how this really work so you have to navigate a lot to get an idea of what to expect. The sandbox mitigate this a little but as it requires registration I would love to be able to test the product using a public sandbox that doesn't require me to join in order to know if you're the right decision for us.

Software development, from time to time I am required to integrate online payments in my products and anybody who has done it before know how strict it can become, so it's really nice to be able to outsource it and be protected.

Braintree Payments review by Julien D.
Julien D.

"Solid payment gateway, probably still the best in term of international availability"

What do you like best?

I've had the chance to use braintree for the last 3 years. The initial reason we went with braintree was for its international coverage, and its reasonable price. I think it's still one of the best today along with stripe.

We had some hiccups at the beginning but I have to say that overtime the level of service got better.

What do you dislike?

- Braintree doesn't offer any official Go client, so when we moved our stack from Java to Go we had to fork an unofficial library (done by an engineer working for braintree though ...) which was a bit scary at the beginning, but it works.

- Nothing really provided to detect efficiently fraud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I guess the choice today is between braintree and stripe. Stripe seems to have a very nice API and cover pretty much all the language with official libraries (including Go). But again, I think in terms of coverage, braintree is still number 1 as of today.

We are a global player in the on-demand service - we wanted a solution that would help us scale globally and save us integration time. Today we are charging customer in Europe, USA and Asia, all through braintree, so It definitely helped us go faster.

Braintree Payments review by Donald P.
Donald P.

"Finally a payment gateway targeted at developers"

What do you like best?

Having implemented several PayPal integrations in the past, working with Braintree was an incredible breath of fresh air. Finally a payment gateway that cares about developers and shows it in their API design and documentation.

What do you dislike?

Fairly high barrier of entry. The signup process was rather long, and the account validation took a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are probably only two good options you'll want to consider when choosing a payment gateway: Stripe or Braintree. I think the Stripe on boarding process is a bit easier, and their product seems to be moving a little bit faster. Braintree provides very nice integration options and a very nice API though. Mobile payments are a breeze to integrate and Apple-Pay support is very welcome.

The management interface is well-built with good search features and mostly fulfilled our requirements.

Finally their support is outstanding. Critical issues were attended to immediately and less-urgent matters usually within one business day.

We were looking for a payment gateway that allowed us to easily deal with PCI requirements and provides good integration options. Braintree allowed us to get credit card processing up and running really quickly and without any of the typical frustrations.

Braintree Payments review by William P.
William P.

"Braintree Marketplace For ProduceRun.com"

What do you like best?

The free transactions fees for 50k was defiantly a carrot for signing up to Braintree Marketplace to help our startup get going.

We decided on Braintree not only on the bonus, but it's backed by Paypal and has good reviews.

We have just integrated the marketplace API into our platform, that includes taking credit card payments from buyers which go to escrow then the ability for admin to either refund the buyers or issue successful payment to farmers.

It has taken our developer approx 80 hrs to integrate the whole Braintree marketplace which was mostly work on app to figure out the logic.

Braintree has fantastic support, being a non-technical founder they can explain it super simple for me and you can deal the support know their stuff when they talk to our developers.

What do you dislike?

I believe if Braintree put together a list of qualified BT marketplace developers that are experts in the API integration that could actually do the whole integration process from start to finish.

Our Developers could learn from an expert in this particular field.

That would have allowed us to release our product quicker on the market and I'm sure this would benefit the braintree business in more transaction($$$).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to automate your payments process, with small fees and fantastic support you must consider Braintree

With our old WordPress platform, we took in payments with stripe, PayPal and Dwolla.

This got really messing chasing payments that came into our account then issue one payment to the farmer.

On our new platform we wanted to automate and clean up the process by having payment come in one way, funds sitting in escrow(not our bank account) and issue successful payments or refunds without the fees associated with reversals.

Braintree makes it simple for us as a platform to take our commission fees and charges.

Braintree Payments review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"Braintree values your business."

What do you like best?

Braintree's customer service is staffed by real people who will address problems with your checkout form in under a day. I expected to be panhandled and neglected as I was with Stripe, but they shocked me by replying to concerns with hand-written messages and would contact me first about potential issues (like a lack of a refund policy) before it became a problem.

What do you dislike?

Braintree's Interface is a bit weird and hard to get used to, especially if coming from the sleek Stripe interface. It lacks immediate, obvious details like when your next payout is and how much it will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was using the Laravel framework and its default implementation of the Stripe API. The Braintree API is not a direct replacement, but it does follow the footsteps of Stripe pretty well and the same kind of business logic and unit testing can probably work on both. Braintree does not have as wide spread adaptation as Stripe, so you will be writing code yourself and not using 3rd party libraries. Be prepared for that.

Their setup process is no more complicated than competitors, and they do not take any transaction fees for the first $50,000 USD that you process. This is an extraordinary help for a small entity collecting anonymous donations, as I get to keep the 5% that Stripe was amputating.

Braintree Payments review by Alexander B.
Alexander B.

"Braintree offers the best features and rates to European application developers."

What do you like best?

We were able to integrate with Braintree in just two weeks, including the time it took for us to get approved. The whole approval process was smooth and the support team were very helpful. The best feature for us developers is their clean API and Java SDK. Also the documentation is easy to navigate - something often neglected by other providers.

What do you dislike?

The approval process is not as quick as we imagined. There are at least 5 documents required including a copy of your ID or passport. Some might think this is too much but we think it's good for security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a busy developer from Europe that's looking for a payment processor with a clean API, you should consider Braintree! They have SDKs for all major programming languages and the tech support is awesome. You'll be able to integrate with them in a matter of weeks and start processing payments withing a month. The documentation is top-notch and easy to navigate and the online management console is very usable and well designed. They also have 2 factor auth.

We're providing a service directly to fellow software developers and we absolutely had to have an online payment system in place. We are in the SaaS business and as such we only operate online. Braintree allows us to be very flexible with our pricing plans and invoice management. We are also planning to implement subscription management in the near future.

Braintree Payments review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Quick implementation but awful customer care"

What do you like best?

Quick interface & easy implementation, however the lack of professionalism in their customer care and management team overlaps any benefits that the actual platform provides

What do you dislike?

Ridiculous customer support, awful reporting of transactions. No feedback on important matters such as chargebacks or credit card frauds and awful notification procedures. Actually, I faced 5 chargeback cases, Braintree instantly informed me via email for 2 of those, while for the other 3 they never notified me and held my funds without providing any official reason. When i requested for adidtional information they fowarded me to AIBMS, and AIBMS forwarded me back to Braintree. No professionalism at all

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest to stay away from Braintreee as a payment gatway solution. Their software is strong, however they are not ready for Europe yet and the level of professionalism in their management levels is extremely low. Not a partner to trust your funds with

The only benefit is their native UI, however compared to the problems they have caused me all their advantages are vanished

Braintree Payments review by Max G.
Max G.

"Great comprehensive payments platform for web and mobile"

What do you like best?

Easy to use APIs for JS on the browser and Node on the server. Awesome "Drop-in UI" and "Hosted Fields" options for creating a slick, PCI compliant payments interface on web apps, saving us tons of time building the payments experience for our users. Admin dashboard is pleasant with fine grained search tools.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is inconsistent in a few places and written with lots of implicit knowledge about Braintree's various object models. Documentation design is very vertical, so it's hard to navigate between sections and view code examples since everything is inline on the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, recommended.

Braintree is our sole payments platform for our apps. Our users enter their billing information on our apps using Braintree, and we process all charges and refunds on Braintree.

Braintree Payments review by Dario H.
Dario H.

"Easy to use as long as provided client SDKs are used"

What do you like best?

The comprehensive documentation for various languages and platforms. Jargon and technical terms are introduced at the right time and the documentation takes care of making the "charge the user with a transaction" very easy.

The sandbox environment takes sandbox-only use cases into account (e.g. "Flush sandbox data").

What do you dislike?

I couldn't find any documentation on the HTTP API, which makes it difficult to work with incomplete third-party packages for platforms that don't have an officially supported client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Braintree with one of the officially supported client SDKs probably makes integration much easier than relying on third-party code. At the time of writing there was no SDK for Go, so we had to rely on a third-party package to interface with Braintree.

Actually charging customers for using the services provided by the business.

Braintree Payments review by Andrea D.
Andrea D.

"Easy API, Nice backoffice, good overall experience"

What do you like best?

The api is simple to implement, they offer integration examples and libraries for several programming languages. The first 50.000€ earned through Braintree are commission free. Also, the backoffice is nicer then many other competitors. Another interesting thing is the js library that greatly simplify PCI compliance.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is a bit scattered, and sometimes outdated. The module for Magento was buggy and outdated. Voiding payments takes a lot more then expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a classic e-commerce website use the v.zero SDK. Is easy and fast to implement, and it's also secure.

Customers don't have to insert their card any time they buy on the stores we build, increasing conversion. Obtaining PCI compliance is much easier using the v.zero SDK. Is cheaper to start an ecommerce, given the 50.000€ commission free

Braintree Payments review by Jeffrey C.
Jeffrey C.

"Decent payment gateway with reliable service"

What do you like best?

Braintree was fairly easy to integrate with. We have two applications written in two different languages which interact with Braintree and the integration process was straightforward. We have a few different currencies we are able to process and getting them working in our systems was not difficult. Overall the service is fairly reliable with the occasional outage usually caused by downstream processor networking issues.

What do you dislike?

While the integration aspect was relatively simple, setting up the banking and processing for foreign currencies (non-USD for us) is fairly complex. As a result the response times from Braintree can sometimes be slower than desired depending on the backend processor.

We are using braintree as a payment gateway in an ecommerce platform for processing and management payments for products sold through our stores.

Braintree Payments review by Femina E.
Femina E.

"Extremely Satisfied User of Braintree "

What do you like best?

* Customer Service & Technical Assistance

* Braintree's Easy and Neatly built - Tools & Dashboard

* Vision & consistent updates

* Recently updated Docs :)

* Marketplace

What do you dislike?

* No one responding from BT end for SO Questions, Forums or any other developer posting queries on public portals.

* Lack of video or GUI based tutorials for beginners

* Still, Paypal Express via BT isn't flexible to use. ( We started and stopped due to many issues )

* Apple Pay - No Support for Consignment / Marketplace

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will REALLY help for our Business Growth , Easy and Reliable Way to manage Payments.

I use following services of Braintree,

* Payment Gateway

* Consignment

* Apple Pay for iOS

Braintree Payments review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Worst payment processor"

What do you like best?

nothing really. They were recommended to us by our investor, but I wish we went with another payment processor.

What do you dislike?

Offered us individual pricing and promised it would take our costs down, in fact that increased our costs by 30%. When we reduced the amount of payments processed through them, they deactivated API without warning. We lost thousands of dollars before we could figure out where the bug was coming from. Never use Braintree.

Recommendations to others considering the product

choose Stripe

tried to process payments

Braintree Payments review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Braintree is a pleasure to integrate and use"

What do you like best?

Braintree has a very simple API, great revenue management tools, and an extremely helpful customer support team. Was a pleasure working with them.

What do you dislike?

I'll preface this part by saying that I integrated with them in late 2010 - early 2011, and at that time, their python API was a little bit difficult to use. It took a little bit of learning, but made sense once I got up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check it out. I think it's one of the best options out there right now. Very easy to integrate, lots of great libraries for common languages (python, ruby, etc), and extremely reliable. Definitely give it a serious look!

I was building out an ecommerce website for a consulting engagement. Back then, this was the absolute best way to integrate payments with an e-commerce site. The benefit is clear - the ability to charge customers money, easily, with a reputable company, online.

Braintree Payments review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Fine SDK to integrate payment gateway"

What do you like best?

As I am an iOS developer and in my one of iOS application I had to integrate payment gateway to enable payment process. I have gone through several internet links and suggestion and come to know braintree is one of the coolest platform than can help me in getting what I was looking for.

Yes, It did help me and I had integrated it with a lot ease. I had to add few lines of code.

And all that happened because of your developer team build this product in very robust and understandable way. Even a very beginner can integrate it without any senior developer supervision.

I would give at least 9 marks out 10.

I would like to congrats you all and lot of wishes for your success ahead !!!!

What do you dislike?

How ever braintree iOS sdk also having some drawback along with the advantages.

Being a developer i always expect from braintree to focus on below limitation or you can consider them suggestion,

1. Access to UI customisation require: I had customise UI provided by braintree iOS SDK, wasn't able to customise its interface like bottom header background colour, title colour etc.

2. Can't use this SDK for bid campaigning like "pay auction fee".

As I had integrated this library to allow payment process that was the essential feature of our iOS application.

1. Making payment

2.Easy payment dashboard that helps ur keep track on transaction!!!

Braintree Payments review by User in Computer Software

"Great product and service; would have liked better language support"

What do you like best?

I really like the documentation for iOS and the ease with which Braintree can be integrated into an existing iOS solution. The pricing for the first $50k of no-comission is also fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a micropayments option that allowed us to process small payments without a flat fee per charge (this takes a huge bite out of our commissions and has led us to consider competitors). The support for Go (the language most of our server infrastructure is built in) is quite limited and currently community supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Braintree is fantastic if you are working with technologies that they have adequate documentation for. If you are working in a non-supported language, make sure the bindings that are available for your language are well-supported or you are up to the task of writing your own.

Their $50k-no-comission is fantastic and basically unparalleled in this market.

We are mostly working with a market that requires a quick, easy, straightforward payment solution that we can integrate with a slick UI - braintree makes that happen.

Braintree Payments review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent payment dispersal and transaction fee tools"

What do you like best?

As someone running services that take payments for account-holder, the features that Braintree provides with sub-accounts to a main account, and the ability to place a transaction fee that goes to the main account on transaction undertaken by the sub-accounts is killer!

What do you dislike?

There aren't any features of braintree that I dislike. There documentation is excellent. Their provided libraries and third-party support are great. If anything, I don't like the aesthetic of their v.zero marketing, but that is irrelevant!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might check out other services such as Stripe.com or Recurly if you're looking for a simple recurring billing solution. Braintree Payments is so much more!

As I mentioned in the "What I like best" section, the ability to place my own transaction percentage fees on transactions undertaken by sub-accounts is something I hadn't run into elsewhere and which made offering some of the donation/contribution services via the Braintree Payments system, worthwhile.

Braintree Payments review by User in Research
User in Research

"Braintree for Android and the web"

What do you like best?

The first thing we liked from Braintree as a small team of developers is the fact that it is available for all the platforms, with the exception of Windows Phone, which would instead make use of the web version. Another very important feature is the ease of use for the users: as we target a very specific type of final customers (such as elder people who are getting started with smartphones), having a very simple way to make the payment is a killer feature.

What do you dislike?

A part of the process we couldn't really help was the case in which the users never heard of Braintree or PayPal: as of today, we had the very hard issue of letting the management itself understand the power of having a SDK as the one provided by the guys at PayPal, as they thought that elder users would have been much more comfortable with something provided by a well-known Italian bank.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it! :-) It is surely worth the effort!

Our main problem was to find a unified solution for accepting payments on 4 different platforms and all the browsers available on the market: at first, we wanted to use PayPal only for the web site and make use of the different in-app purchase and subscription SDK available on all the platforms but then we realised that a common SDK such as Braintree's would give our management an easier way to gather all the info. Unfortunately, for the kind of issue we were trying to solve, we also needed to use in-app purchases from Google and Apple, but we try and highlight the Braintree's solution in order to have an easier way for all the users to pay the monthly subscription to our product.

Braintree Payments review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Overall reliable, if a little clunky and platform limited"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of customization available at various levels. Little things like rejecting duplicate transactions that come through within a short period of time, and letting subscriptions have the actual amount of the payment be changed. The interface allows you to find everything you need, including looking inside the vaulted data. Finally, the reliability of the service has been great - I'm not sure if we've ever had significant downtime.

What do you dislike?

The single biggest problem is that Braintree refuses to provide an actual HTTP api, which makes it a complete non-starter with any language that they don't provide official APIs for (we have plenty of client projects with this problem). The justification that they give for this is absurd to the point of seeming incompetence - they say that since some people could write client libraries with insecure defaults, they don't want to allow client libraries to be written. How they justify this in light of their competitors (like Stripe) and indeed their now parent company (Paypal) providing open APIs, I'm not sure.

The other issue is that the interface (and apis) are in general somewhat clunky. Searching for transactions is often hard, as there is no unified search (so sometimes you search in one place, other times you have to search in other places). The result of this is that we (the software contractors) end up having to track down transactions for our clients where this would be unneeded if the search were better. It has caused several false alarms, where they think that transactions that customers are complaining about are not recorded in the gateway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would seriously look at competitors (like Stripe). The main upside is that if you want to support Paypal in addition to credit card payments, then Braintree is probably the best option, and if you need some of the platform flexibility, it might make sense, but in general, the whole platform is more clumsy, and if you aren't using their supported languages, you can't use it at all.

Online bookstore platform. The payments go through, and have all the flexibility that we need.

Braintree Payments review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Braintree has scammed me and was responsible for a bad partnership between my partner and I"

What do you like best?

Their payment gateway was fairly simple, and the customer side support was pretty tolerable. Their head of risk department had shown some decent support until I've brought up extremely serious issues. They all have gone radio silent since then.

What do you dislike?

Braintree payments has promised the company I was part of to have the merchant account funds released. They have held the funds for over 4-5 months now. Bobby Nickrent at Braintree has managed to manipulate my ex-partner and their whole company has decided to abort contact with me. I have made several unsuccessful attempts to speak with their team, yet every single request has been ignored.

Conveniently they have also taken advantage of the situation between myself and my ex-partner. They still hold thousands of dollars as of this very moment, despite the customer's product has already been delivered months ago. Beware working with a company like this.

I also have evidence to show that Braintree, and more specifically Bobby Nickrent has been compromising merchant's data, toying with it for his own benefit. Stay away from this company! They have robbed the business I've set up.

Total amount : $100k+

Amount held unrightfully : $40k+

Bobby Nickrent from Braintree is notoriously known for shutting down merchant accounts for no valid reasons. He should apply for Guinness records to measure the amount of incompetence he has, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There's only one thing that can compete with his incompetence - that is his ego-filled personality.

Ironically, this merchant-sucking-vampire isn't the brightest candle in the room. His historically shady past has always been overlooked by Braintree's team. I have personally tried to voice my opinion over, to which Braintree decided to not communicate with me anymore.

Bobby Nickrent from Braintree Payments is a Scammer. He also violates several Merchant laws, as well as some Federal laws. Take a look at some of the attached screenshots from his personal Facebook profile.

I have complained about his Facebook posts to their head of Risk team. Guess what the solution was? They simply decided to not communicate with me anymore. Isn't that comical?

Predictably, the Facebook posts have also disappeared now. This proves the point that they have taken a look at my complaint, simply tried to cover their ***, and decided to not communicate with me anymore.

Luckily, I have saved a copy of the posts on Archive Web. Below are the links for your reference -

If you're working with Braintree, your data is at a HUGE RISK! Braintree has not taken any action against this, instead decided to cut contact with me. As a merchant, would you like to have your business disclosed to some random blokes on Facebook?

That's just the beginning. So if you're thinking to work with Braintree, I suggest you think twice...

Recommendations to others considering the product

The fate of your business is determine by who you run into over the phone. While others have been professional, the same can't be attested about a few others.

None.

Braintree Payments review by Shivani T.
Shivani T.

"Used 2 years back, overall good experience at that time developer guide was not very detailed"

What do you like best?

Easy configuration

Good reporting

Good Apis for communicating between braintree and e-commerce portals

Easy to configure

Support for multiple languages

What do you dislike?

During integration we needed to do some customisations on our side and we were looking for the details related APi but did not get it quickly in guide. It must be improved now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good payment gateway, so while anyone is deciding to use payment gateway and evaluation it they should also evaluate Braintree it might fit in your needs. However as there are many payment gateways out there but as per the business need, transaction charges and User experience everyone decides which one to use.

We were working on a Mobile service provider project where subscribers were charged based on the top-up and plan and we were handling payment via Braintree.

"Excellent Payment Processor"

What do you like best?

It's simple, well organized, and makes sense. There are so many traceable ways to find and figure information, and the program gives you multiple entry points.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to navigate for that same reason. Tracing information down might be hard if you don't have enough on your end, but it does make that more accurate. Something very important when dealing with money and payment processing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can only compare Braintree as a payment processor to Stripe, and it's head and heels better than their platform.

Mainly, it's utilized for charges, refunds, and setting new payment users.

Braintree Payments review by Hélder P.
Hélder P.

" Implementation "

What do you like best?

The braintree painel is very easy to use and intuitive. Also have a good documentacion and alot of examples in of code in a bunch of languages. And for end they have a very good support.

What do you dislike?

The gateway approval method is time consuming and a bit boring. Unfortunately it is the same in all payment gateways.

It did not solve any problem as they were not approved. But the various gateways that we integrate this was one of the best, and better documentation and support.

Braintree Payments review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Paypal and Braintree are a mess together"

What do you like best?

The easy integration with bigcommerce shopping cart software.

What do you dislike?

The support at braintree is terrible as they just refer you to paypal, who in turn refer you back to braintree. It is simply a chaotic mess at this company and it is the customer who suffers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with another merchant account provider if you can.

The biggest problem is the deal between paypal, braintree, and bigcommerce. If you have an ecommerce store hosted by bigcommerce and you have any type of service issue, you are entering a black whole of customer service representatives in which nobody is accountable.

I ended up having to just find another merchant account after dealing with this mess.

Braintree Payments review by Greg B.
Greg B.

"Best Customer Service of Any Company, Ever"

What do you like best?

Customer support is incredible. You call, an engineer answers. No wait. Its unheard of. Nothing makes me hate or love a company more than competent customer service. This is why I despise Comcast.

What do you dislike?

Ruby testing support is grim. Fake Braintree is no longer maintained by ThoughtBot and is missing a ton of key features having to do with recurring billing. I tried extending the library myself but it is beyond my abilities and time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Ruby, and are building a subscription based app, and are really concerned with testing your app, I might consider stripe because Fake Braintree is lacking a whole slew of featurres.

...accepting money in my app/website on a monthly/subscription basis.

Braintree Payments review by Brett P.
Brett P.

"Frequent User of Braintree at Prezi!"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean and allows me to quickly find the end user who is looking for a transaction from purchasing online. It helps keep track of all of our customers to effectively know who has been paying for what license.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to navigate when you are looking at a customer profile. It is hard to refund the customer and ensure the subscription has been cancelled because you have to go to multiple pages to ensure the client does not get another charge to their card on file the next year.

It helps us track our online purchases and subscriptions of clients who go through our online flow of getting Prezi. The benefits are that it is simple to re-issue the refunds but there are many pages when going to a clients profile. It would be nice to have everything on the client on one-page and be able to manage their subscription and card on file instead of multiple pages.

Braintree Payments review by Michael V.
Michael V.

"Braintree - API and Reporting"

What do you like best?

Braintree pro's:

1) Integrated API with our own tools

2) Extremely user friendly search feature

3) Global reach

What do you dislike?

Braintree con's:

1) Charges wire fees to deposit funds outside the US

Recommendations to others considering the product

Braintree payments enhances our integration both to our website and to NetSuite. We've employed the Celigo integrator to design a custom flow.

We settle all our credit card payments through Braintree in the US and UK.

Braintree Payments review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Terrible right from the start, decided to use Stripe instead."

What do you like best?

I liked the idea of being able to accept Paypal as a checkout option, without Paypal Braintree was just another Stripe, but with Paypal they are so restrictive they are impossible to use.

What do you dislike?

I like others on these reviews have had a terrible time just trying to open an account with them. I am running a marketplace app, basically what Braintree was intially designed for. They called me high risk and said they wouldn't split payments and I would have to do it manually (defeating the whole purpose of using them). Their advertisements are also misleading saying their are no fees until you hit a certain dollar amount. This is untrue; for the marketplace clients, you will pay all fees immediately, but they hide that truth in the faq section. Do yourself a favor and just use Stripe, if your company grows you can negotiate lower rates with them, with paypal/braintree you are stuck at the same rate no matter how big you grow. Braintree will interrogate you and request very personal information like copies of your passport and and drivers license via insecure email, where they could easily/accidentally forward this info to people that shouldn't have it. The whole process takes way too long with Braintree, it's madness! Take my advice, if they are this bad upfront, think about how bad they must be when you are already a customer. Just avoid the madness and use Stripe

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Stripe unless you absolutely have to have Paypal and are willing to pay dearly for it.

I am not sure what you mean by this?

Braintree Payments review by Mike R.
Mike R.

"Braintree user"

What do you like best?

It's easy and secure. The credit cards are easily retrievable to charge through the POS system we have

What do you dislike?

Honestly no complaints right now. I wish it was easier to manage in multiple restaurants but still works just fine. Just need individual accounts

Taking payments by customers, charging late fees and no show coverage fees

Braintree Payments review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Seamless integration with very informative, useful documentation"

What do you like best?

Easy native iOS & Android integration for things Apple Pay & Android Pay while still making it easy to accept regular cards.

Installation was pretty straightforward, and processing payments was a breeze -- I used PHP for that part. The Java and Obj-C SDKs do most of the heavy lifting for the native portions, which is great.

Most of all, the sandbox environment along with great technical documentation makes Braintree a pleasure to use compared to some of the alternatives. Their support and documentation for various programming languages is also really great.

What do you dislike?

Braintree's enterprise information & strategy could be a bit better disclosed.

For example, their site only goes into details about their "make 50k keep 50k" plan for developers who integrate directly with Braintree. However, for someone like me who integrates with enterprise clients who would integrate with Braintree, it would be nice to have a little more info. Something like the make 50 keep 50 would be a great way to get enterprise clients interested, because they'd have a grace period to see how Braintree performs for their user base.

Another example, searching "enterprise" on their FAQ yields no results.

It looks like the only way to get more information is to contact someone, which usually turns into a sales pitch etc. Having information proactively available would make this barrier of entry a bit smaller.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare Braintree with Stripe -- they're similar and worth evaluating against each other!

Braintree allows us to easily integrate new technologies like Apple Pay and Android Pay very easily. This lets us solve the ever-growing demand for the latest & greatest features of native app development. We've seen benefits not only from people being interested in the features alone, but we've also seen higher conversion rates.

Braintree Payments review by Štefan O.
Štefan O.

"Braintree - my 2,9% + 30¢"

What do you like best?

- superb API and NodeJS client

- great testing data and easy testing of different scenarios - both happy day and various failures

- nice dashboards

- big plus for exports

- great features, although we have currently using only small subset

What do you dislike?

- learning curve is not that steep

- sometimes documentations is bit confusing

- be able to accept CC payments - easily and with very little involvement from developers

Braintree Payments review by Saul F.
Saul F.

"Abysmal customer service and a terrible system for tracking total receipts"

What do you like best?

Can be used with non-USA banks is the only reason to use Braintree.

What do you dislike?

Customer service - we asked to take AmEx, they give us a dead tel no., and then ignore us when we ask for help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe, if you're in the U.S. or anywhere Stripe does business with banks; we'd use Stripe if they did the Czech Republic.

receiving payments

Braintree Payments review by User in Internet

"Reliable and easy-to-use payment gateway"

What do you like best?

As a developer, working with their API is frictionless. They have extensive documentation and provide client libraries for several of the most popular programming languages.

Their service is extremely reliable and we've never experienced an issue with accepting payments from customers. They provide a nice, intuitive administrative dashboard with different permission roles for team members.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to come across an issue while using their service. Nothing to complain about.

It's is extremely difficult and costly to implement a custom payment solution for our company so using a reliable gateway has saved us a lot of time and effort.

Braintree Payments review by Tana M.
Tana M.

"Braintree payment integration"

What do you like best?

Easy integration with our website. We were able to replace our payment page payment section with Braintree payment and format to our brand.

What do you dislike?

We had some issues with backend integration.

PCI - we no longer have to have customer credit card data on our network.

Braintree Payments review by Jiang H.
Jiang H.

"Positive but slightly flawed"

What do you like best?

The simple and clear concept. The freedom and flexibility. Can easily organize the customers and transactions by a clear panel for marketing and CS team.

What do you dislike?

The client SDKs is not good enough, both iOS and JS SDK contains critical UI bugs that need to be fixed by modification the source code.

Most seriously, the SDK callback has been changed time by time without any notification! Both the backend and client side!

Besides, the document is not clear enough for some custom behaviour.

Fast payment and payment method organization. Conversion rate should be better than before.

"efficient and dependable"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use. I like the verifications section that allows you to see when and why a payment failed or declined. BT makes it super easy to run the payment again. The design is clean and uncluttered.

What do you dislike?

Every once in awhile (and rarely) we seem to have some BT issues with payments not going through for seemingly no reason whatsoever. You try the card again immediately and it processes without any issue whatsoever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

learn how to use the verifications feature. It's useful.

repeat billing for a subscription service at different plan levels/memberships.

Braintree Payments review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Missing some key features but otherwise a well-executed payment service"

What do you like best?

The management portal is easy to use and offers a lot of functionality. It's easy to use and has allowed our CS team a lot of flexibility in dealing with customers.

What do you dislike?

The lack of webhooks makes it a hard sell. We've had a bunch of situations where we needed to get a ping on a failed transaction on an asynchronous basis but the inability to do this has forced us to handle transactions synchronously. This has caused us some technical issues and as a result some customer service issues as well.

E-commerce.

Braintree Payments review by Andrew F.
Andrew F.

"Excellent Payment Gateway"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. They support almost all available payment methods including apple pay and android pay.

What do you dislike?

The fee but it is in line with all the other payment gateways that are on the market today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product for your payment gateway needs.

Payment processing and membership reoccurring billing

Braintree Payments review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Braintree Marketplace is great!"

What do you like best?

We used Braintree's Marketplace product, and it was perfect for us. There's no extra charge when paying one person, and you can easily keep a portion of the transaction in your own Merchant Account. Not to mention that the support was super helpful on a number of occasions.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I wish Marketplace had like allowing you to pay multiple sub-merchants on on transaction. It also wasn't very simple to track the income of different sub-merchants in the dashboard.

We are providing a platform for hotel employees to receive gratuities digitally. Being a young company, Braintree allowed us to easily, quickly, and inexpensively create early iterations of our product. We were able to focus on the customer rather than PCI compliance.

Braintree Payments review by Ashlee A.
Ashlee A.

"Braintree is Perfect for Customer Transaction"

What do you like best?

1) Customer Service - The customer service was exceptional. When we first started using Braintree we had a lot of questions and they had no problem with answering them all. It is hard to find good customer service anymore and I respect Braintree for putting in such an effort to achieve high customer service.

2) Ease of Use - The product was more than easy to use. This is an important feature for a payment platform to have. I have used a lot of different payment platforms and Braintree is one of the easiest I have ever used.

What do you dislike?

1) Set Up - Set up took a lot longer than expected and required more time than originally suggested. This caused a major set back which could have been detrimental to the company. However, Braintree worked to fix the problem asap.

2) Configuration with API - It took a long time to configure with the API and took even longer to figure out how it worked. Make sure to spend enough time working with the API and Braintree during the trial phase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your API is supported and that you give yourself enough time to implement. The process takes a long time so don't expect to happen overnight.

Look at all payment platforms before settling for any. There are a lot out there.

Needed something to use besides PayPal payments.. Braintree works better than PayPal in some cases but also has some major setbacks.

Braintree Payments review by User in Internet

"Simple, clean interface that delivers results."

What do you like best?

I love how searchable the product is - I can paste in an email, transaction number, account name, or contact name and easily locate their account and recent transactions.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would change is how quickly the session times out when you are not actively using the page. I gets a bit tiring to log in every time I want to check a transaction. (Although, I realize this makes it more secure)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, simple interface to easily track payments.

We use Braintree to investigate, track, and refund transactions. It adds an essential level of transparency that lets us view automatic customer payments in a simple way. We especially value the simplicity of the refund feature, which automatically gives you the option of a receipt, which we use frequently.

Braintree Payments review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Unless you want to accept Paypal, just use Stripe"

What do you like best?

I think the only reason I would use Braintree is if I wanted to accept Paypal payments. Otherwise, everything about Stripe is better (from what I've experienced).

What do you dislike?

The documentation is not very straightforward. Neither is their user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you need to support Paypal, you should probably just use Stripe.

Accepting payments. Braintree solved the problem of allowing us to take payments from credit/debit as well as Paypal, but I still prefer Stripe.

Braintree Payments review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Comprehensive payment solution for subscriptions and one-off transactions"

What do you like best?

Detailed documentation and client libraries for many languages / platforms. Easy to configure plans, plan add-ons, and discounts.

The admin interface is clean and provides fairly comprehensive reports.

What do you dislike?

Documentation does not exist for HTTP API, only client libraries. No API exists to create plans, add-ons, or discounts - must be created through the admin interface. Currently no client library for Go.

We use Braintree for SaaS subscription billing and transaction billing.

Braintree Payments review by Ariel Jr S.
Ariel Jr S.

"My Review"

What do you like best?

Lots of payment supported channel like android pay etc.

What do you dislike?

Poor documentation for android sdk. Hope to have more examples on integration.

Supporting different payment channels.

Braintree Payments review by Elizabeth (Lizzie) S.
Elizabeth (Lizzie) S.

"Alright Payment System"

What do you like best?

Free to use, works with a lot of cards and payment services.

What do you dislike?

API documentation could have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use documentation.

Making payment-requiring apps.

Braintree Payments review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Best way to collect payments from customers. "

What do you like best?

The entire process was simple to get started.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this with our Freshbooks account and it just works. Our customer experience has improved by offering them a quick and easy interface to pay.

Customer orders the product and want a fast, simple, and secure way to pay for it. The most common error we have is that a customer overlooks their own billing address. The reporting helps identify that very quickly.

Braintree Payments review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Braintree is good, Stripe is amazing"

What do you like best?

What I really like about Braintree was the easy way to integrate with our Ruby on Rails App, and the concept they have called "payment_method_nonce"

What do you dislike?

We didn't find a good library to mock the calls to the Braintree in our test suite, at the end we ended using VCR + Webmock

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is so mucho better

Buy tickets online

Braintree Payments review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Fully featured"

What do you like best?

Braintree is fully featured as a payment gateway. It has features that other large competitors do not have yet when we were integrating. Features such as ACH payments and international payments were not available when Stripe was initially launched.

What do you dislike?

It is not popular, therefore does not have as much support.

n/a

"Good features and API"

What do you like best?

As a developer I appreciated all the features they provide and the well-documented API's available to integrate them. They provide nice client libraries in many languages and my experience with the Ruby client has been good.

What do you dislike?

Using the nice features and API amount to vendor lock-in. This is hard to avoid since there aren't any standards around some of these things.

We need to take recurring online credit card payments and Braintree has helped us to do exactly that with few issues.

Braintree Payments review by Cristi H.
Cristi H.

"Braintree Brainless Payment Solutions!"

What do you like best?

Braintree is extremely user friendly and our in-house developer was able to integrate with Salesforce in less than 2-days.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have nothing bad to say about Braintree.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Braintree's Payment Gateway!

Saved time through seamless integration and user friendly interface! We switched to Braintree from FirsData and it literally takes me half the time to setup a customer and process a payment in Braintree than it did in FirstData.

Braintree Payments review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Overall great API but can improve compared to Stripe"

What do you like best?

Easy subscription management and low commissions

What do you dislike?

Cannot upgrade or downgrade to different billing periods on same subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you design your subscriptions plans correctly.

Maintain plans, subscriptions, customer vaults are the problems I am solving. Benefit is great customer service and not bad in responding to emails.

Braintree Payments review by Hussein K.
Hussein K.

"Best payment gateway for startups"

What do you like best?

Braintree is very easy to set up and has inexpensive rates. That's what makes it good.

What do you dislike?

Onboarding is a bit of a pain as you have to send over a bunch of documents (bill, passport, registration, etc). That's the part that's a problematic part of Braintree.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better and cheaper than Stripe

I sell cupcakes via www.beasofbloomsbury.com

Another one of my business runs www.erosnow.com

Braintree Payments review by Denise G.
Denise G.

"So much easier than our previous credit card processing system."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, friendly and intuitive design

What do you dislike?

Sales chart not the same as the close batch reports

Cheaper, more user friendly credit card processing system

Braintree Payments review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Very technically flexible, great customer service"

What do you like best?

Customer support was awesome. Once the API was properly understood, it was super flexible and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit of work to use the API and get it to work properly with our processes. There is a learning curve, its not quite plug and play.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play with the API before your go live date. It is supper flexible, but implementing it right can be tricky

Braintree Payments review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Used them and worked for them through eBay "

What do you like best?

Flexibility, simple integration, payment options and top class mobile solutions

What do you dislike?

nothing They are easy to use and reliable. Top class tech support, supports alternative payments and easy to work with when problems occur which is very very rare

Recommendations to others considering the product

If wanting mobile solutions they are, in my opinion the best in class

non really at the moment

Braintree Payments review by Arun A.
Arun A.

"Excellent gateway option.. Very easy to use.."

What do you like best?

Searching for transactions, refunding, editing recurring payments etc..

What do you dislike?

Some chargeback results are not communicated properly,

Chine UnionPay is not supported

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good payment gateway and easy to use but China Union Pay is not supported

We use Briantree to collect payments of magazine subscriptions,,, it works better that PayPal in some cases

Braintree Payments review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="2494bca2-3c7c-40d2-b3e4-02b230679a35">Jakub A.</span>
Jakub A.
" itemprop="name" />

"Least stressful payment gateway to deal with (e-commerece site)"

What do you like best?

The staff at Braintree is extremely responsive and well informed. Initially I had no intention of using Braintree but my interaction with their sales managers and technical support made it an easy choice.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that comes to mind as a negative experience. Through various businesses I've dealt with many payment services and Braintree definitely ranks at the top of my list for e-commerce sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used Braintree for an e-commerce site which turned into a variant of a deal site model. I did not have any experience with very large numbers of payment transactions before this business and each of my interactions with Braintree made it seem simple and very manageable, which left more energy to focus on growth.

Braintree Payments review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"Easy to implement payment platform"

What do you like best?

Has support for multiple programming languages (ruby, php, python, java, .net...) great documentation, did not take too much reading to understand how to implement. Makes subscription as well as one time transactions easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

No complaints, but we're not finished implementing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplified payments at a reasonable price

Learning about Braintree Payments?

* We monitor all Braintree Payments reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.