Braintree Payments

Braintree's robust, multifaceted platform is ideal for subscription-based businesses wanting to set up recurring billing or accept repeat payments online.

Work for Braintree Payments?
Chargent review  2x

Learning about Braintree Payments?

Braintree Payments Reviews

Ask Braintree Payments a Question
Showing 66 Braintree Payments reviews
Braintree Payments review by <span>Alkesh G.</span>
Alkesh G.

One of the best gateway

What do you like best?

Simple integration and lovely api. Awesome gem.

They have all the required apis which any merchant requires. There was one rquirement i need from braintree. It was to fetch all transaction of a day.

The version which we used i guess it was 2.0 or something, i needed to upgrade my gem version to 2.22.0 and used the api i wanted. It was a simple task and explored a lot about braintree. I completed the task in a day and was pushed to production the same day. It was an lovely experience. Would love to be a part of braintree and would love to contribute to this open sourced gem.

What do you dislike?

There were NO reason i DISLIKED the gem. The gem is seriously awesome. Minimum failure rate. To be very frank, Indian payment gateways need a gateway like braintree, for easy integration and development.

I hope braintree comes soon in india and make the gateway system bug free and customers happy.

Waiting for braintree arrival in India.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Braintree is simply the best. We should use it.

Payments and single step checkout solved a lot of my problems. The transparent redirect was the best which i loved.

We face issues were we go to the merchant panel and select our card / add card and then return back to merchant website. Braintree transparent redirect was the best thing which i have ever seen. It is fast and extremely user friendly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Braintree Payments
Braintree Payments review by <span>Lark I.</span>
Lark I.

Great rates for full features

What do you like best?

They don't have any monthly rates. I also frequently set up automatic subscriptions and there's no additional charge for that. I can securely store client credit cards for when they need to be billed again at a later date rather than having to make the client enter their credit card on an online page every time. This is inconvenient for my clients.

What do you dislike?

I preferred Braintree before it was bought by Paypal. Once it became part of Paypal it seems to now follow all of Paypals structures and pricing. It doesn't have the monthly cost of Paypal's business options so I still think Braintree is the best out there. I'm disappointed that they took away the no fees for up to 50k of charges for the first year. This was such a selling point when I told others about Braintree. I LOVE braintree but I'd be less likely to recommend it now because it isn't intuitive for non-techy people who can find other options at similar rates.

All of my credit card processing. They make it simple so I don't have to worry about the more difficult aspects of maintaining PCI compliance.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Braintree Payments review by <span>JCs Wildlife J.</span>
JCs Wildlife J.

Best Security For Best Price

What do you like best?

Small businesses are targeted by fraudsters who have gotten hold of someone's credit card number. We have had an issue with this in the past and it cost us a lot of money with our old payment verification system. We found out the hard way that, although it was difficult to use, it lacked the necessary security, and fraudulent orders were not discovered until it was too late, and we were not covered when the charges were disputed.

What do you dislike?

It is absolutely essential that you follow all of the sign-up procedures and read all documents. We did face a problem 90 days in where every single customer was refunded their money because of a missed step. We got the issue resolved, but it was a rough day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be sorry if you use this program. It does not require any special skills, but is safe and secure. The few issues I have had (and you should always expect to have some issues with any program) were fixed immediately.

We have seen a decrease in fraud attempts and chargeback claims. We recently had a customer tell us that they will be shopping with our company in the future because we are more secure than other online stores. The refund process is easy to use. We can accept more forms of payment. The whole process is user-friendly from start to finish.

Braintree Payments review by User

Ease of use is poor

What do you like best?

Processing payments in Braintree is pretty seamless when customers have previously saved their card information on our e-commerce website. That has been convenient for our customers so that they don't have to provide their card information each time we place orders for them over the phone. So, we love the vault and the ability to save credit card info when our customer's requests that we do so.

What do you dislike?

The chargeback and fraud process in Braintree is quite confusing and the organization of the original transaction and dispute info is complicated. For example, when you click on the dispute id in a chargeback, the dispute info doesn't include the original order id#. So, you then have to go back, select the transaction id, then you are able to view the original order id#. It would be helpful if all order id #'s and applicable information from the original transaction was included in the dispute information. Not having all necessary information in one central location is frustrating. Overall, the organization of information isn't clear and the process is not particularly easy to do.

Using the search function in Braintree is hit or miss- especially when the transaction is over 30 days old. For example, oftentimes we search by order id# in the search bar and are able to find the transaction we're looking for, but other times we search by order id# and nothing comes up. At that point, we have to use the advanced search feature, make sure the filter matches EXACTLY what we're searching for (contains, is not, etc.) and try to locate the transaction that way. It seems like there is either an issue with older transaction OR the search bar isn't "smart." Either way, the search bar doesn't seem to perform the way I assume it's supposed to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend spending time in a sandbox or demo of Braintree before opting to go this route. In theory the search bar is great, but in reality it doesn't work consistently and is pretty frustrating. The organization of information for specific transactions is also a headache. There are just too many id's (dispute, transaction, order id, reference#, case id). I understand that this info is important, but feel that the organization is confusing and unclear.

Braintree's vault has been especially useful in that we do not have to ask our customer's to provide their card info each time they place an order. That is the only benefit that I've realized when comparing Braintree to other payment processors that we've used in the past.

Braintree Payments review by <span>Stephanie S.</span>
Stephanie S.

Braintree

What do you like best?

Braintree is easy to search and allows you to easily find transactions you need to verify. Braintree is easy to use and allows you to track your accounts and manage subscriptions easily.

What do you dislike?

Braintree can sometimes not give you all the information you are looking to find for an account. Braintree Recurring Billing can also be slow to use when you have a high volume of subscriptions that you are managing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Braintree recurring billing if you have a simple subscription based product or program that you need to obtain payment for. Braintree is easy to use and customer service agents can easily use the software and use it to verify payments and accounts for customers.

Braintree allows you to easily manage your subscriptions and obtain recurring payments from user accounts. The benefits of Braintree are that you can easily set up customer accounts and track billing for your customer subscriptions.

Braintree Payments review by <span>Miguel P.</span>
Miguel P.

Using Braintree for Subscriptions and one-off payments

What do you like best?

Once it is set up, it has not given us almost any problem. Allows customization of most parameters:, offers drop-in forms (although we don't use them), and also custom ones.

What do you dislike?

They do not provide API access to discount and plan creation, so we have to do it by hand on their web console.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation first: the documentation code snippets can be seen matching the SDK of the language you're using, so it's always easy to follow. Use the client libraries: we use the Ruby one and it works like a charm.

For local testing you can use the sandbox, it has the same features as the production one, and you can use fake credit cards on it.

For testing, we use the fake_braintree gem, but you can also mock the web calls, or record them with something like Ruby's VCR.

We are charging our customers via a recurring subscription, with discounts and custom plans. We also sell gift cards of our services, charged via Braintree as one-off payments.

Learning about Braintree Payments?

* We monitor all Braintree Payments reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.