Branch Messenger

Branch Messenger

Branch is a free private communication network for shift workers.

Work for Branch Messenger?

Learning about Branch Messenger?

Branch Messenger Reviews

Ask Branch Messenger a Question
Showing 121 Branch Messenger reviews
Branch Messenger review by <span>Michael F.</span>
Michael F.

"Great way to keep up with schedule changes and communicate with teams at work"

What do you like best?

Syncs my schedule with Google Calendar so I (and my wife) can easily schedule appointments around my work schedule.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always get the schedules right from the pictures... but that's more of getting a good picture than a flaw in the app.

Removing old users is far from intuitive. It's the only feature in the app I know of that requires you slide anything side to side (like dismissing a notification on Android) and nothing in the app indicates this mechanic. You have to either research it on the web or accidentally find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support team was great with the one interaction I had with them. I suggested they add a feature to sync with Google Calendar and, eventually, it got added.

At our location, the schedules change a lot. Branch updates the schedule on my phone and alerts me 2 hours before my shift.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Branch Messenger
Branch Messenger review by <span>MacKenzie R.</span>
MacKenzie R.

"WIP"

What do you like best?

The developers are very active in updating the app for the better. The most beneficial feature for my workplace is the scheduling calender. It is MUCH easier to review who will be working each day, and to keep our colleagues up-to-date with our constantly shifting schedules. Most of our staff are young, so it’s a very simple way to keep everyone connected. We, as well, appreciate the notifications for upcoming shifts. The chat room is great for communicating colleague specific messages, and the news feed is a wonderful addition for posting general announcements. Still needs improving, but as I can see, Branch has come a long way.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike regarding the app. It can be a bit inconsistent because of the constant updates and changes, and the referral system was glitchy when I first started using the app. However, I have not used it since then, so no way to compare.

Branch helps with our consistently shifting schedule at work. It’s easy to keep my colleagues updated!

What Employee Scheduling solution do you use?

Branch Messenger review by <span>Dan R.</span>
Dan R.

"Responsive and Adaptable"

What do you like best?

The Branch team has been great with customization. We have a complex scheduling system that they took the time to understand and incorporate into their product and they spend time with us on weekly and occasionally bi-weekly tools to ensure that we are quickly course correcting any needed issues or enhancements so the feedback loop is real-time and quickly actionable.

What do you dislike?

At times, it has been challenging to monitor progress due to how updates on the business are presented in somewhat of an unstructured manner. Utilizing project management tools to help with the implementation would help to streamline the process, increase confidence in the direction of the process, and make it easy for customers to share with their senior leadership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Branch product for distribution centers is still in the earlier stages of its life cycle. The team has consistently been making improvements over the past year as we have been testing the application and the improvements have had a noticeable impact on the final product. If the Branch team continues this level of focus on working closely with customers to understand their needs and then deliver on their expectations, I imagine they will be able to continue to close gaps in the product and provide an improving experience.

We are working to digitize our staffing and scheduling process. We are still in the roll-out period, but we anticipate that Target Executives will spend significantly less time completing the Team Member scheduling process, and with more accuracy.

Branch Messenger review by <span>Christina  F.</span>
Christina F.

"Making life easier!!"

What do you like best?

can easily distribute schedules to all 80 employees with just taking a picture, The Help people are AMAZING and always respond promptly with a solution, keeping track of who works whose shift, see you is covering the most or is dropping the most shifts, can keep employees up to date with the activity posting thread, as a manager can see who saw my post or saw that a shift was put up

What do you dislike?

This is a great app, made by great people but as anything, there can always be improvements such as less discrepancies when schedule is sent out, there are sometimes glitches where it displays an error message. BUT LET ME TELL YOU: The help people are AMAZING and always resolve or keep me up to date on upcoming solutions to fix a problem I am having.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great app, make sure you try it yourself with some other coworkers before going live. make decisions about what you want to use certain features for. Example: the Activity Thread. As a manager, I am the only person allowed to post on there. didn't want my employees to write their own messages.

It has become a lot easier to communicate with a very young staff. They are always on their phones and I can see when they look at my posting. I no longer receive as many calls about call outs or not finding someone to work for them. people put it on the app and sometimes it is taken by someone within 2 minutes! Great that we as managers can approve someone working the shift to ensure it is a good person to cover that person

Branch Messenger review by <span>Nik M.</span>
Nik M.

"Great for keeping partners connected and schedules understood"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature would be the importing of photo schedules into an easier-to-manage calendar as opposed to a table of times. The OCR can be a bit off, but usually it works perfectly.

What do you dislike?

The aforementioned OCR slips aside, the app has many quirks that are small but irritating. An example would be that (on Android, at least) it ignores system preferences in regards to Text-Input auto capitalization, spell check, and similar things. That means one has to spend way more time than necessary making sure the text inputted is deliberate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it knowing the team behind it is committed to constant improvement.

It's easier than ever to keep everyone at work connected and a cohesive unit. Instead of relying on individual texts or annoying group messages, there is a feed I can be sure everyone will see (apart from the few holdouts) and shift swaps don't cause as much confusion because there is now a system in place to handle it.

Branch Messenger review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Simplicity For Everyone!"

What do you like best?

Branch is an amazing program! I love that fact that you can see the actual photo of a schedule or simply your own schedule with a simple filter. Everyone at work can make a post, which makes it valuable for employee input.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that Branch glitches when it comes to making a post. Sometimes, it says it can't post, so you make another post then all of a sudden, you've got duplicate posts. I also don't like the fact that every time I make a post, it asks if I'm looking for shift coverage.

Instead of just posting a schedule, Branch makes it easy so that everyone has their schedule on their phone in the app. It also makes it easier for people to look for shift coverage. Everyone can make a post on Branch. It also helps to get little messages out to everyone, like reminders, shout-outs, etc.

Learn more about Branch Messenger

Branch Messenger Videos

Learning about Branch Messenger?

* We monitor all Branch Messenger reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.