Brandfolder

Brandfolder

Brandfolder empowers marketers by providing an easy to use, visual platform for organizing and sharing official brand assets.

Work for Brandfolder?

Learning about Brandfolder?

Brandfolder Reviews

Ask Brandfolder a Question
Showing 167 Brandfolder reviews
Brandfolder review by Kristina A.
Kristina A.

"Easy to use, great metrics"

What do you like best?

I like the way Brandfolder lets the admins control who sees and is allowed to do what and how visual the overview of assets is. The fact that people can turn files that usually can only be used by designers into PNGs and JPGs in the needed dimensions saves us a lot of time. We always receive prompt and friendly support when needed.

What do you dislike?

I'm having a bit of a hard time getting our audience to understand how to navigate between collections and brandfolders.That aside, the previews load quite slowly from time to time. The admin interface for user administration could use a little more love but I'm told that's being worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your setup in advance - adding Brandfolders, later on, can get a bit confusing for users.

We share our creative work to avoid that similar projects get kicked off, duplicating efforts. We also use it to supply our employees with brand resources.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brandfolder
Brandfolder review by Administrator

"So easy to use, implemented across our enterprise"

What do you like best?

I've never had to 'train' someone how to use this tool - it's layout and design make for a very simple user experience. It also consolidates the same creative really easily (for example, 1 of our campaigns can have over 70 pieces of creative) and then it picks up on the metadata in stock images and tags them with those keywords when you store them in Brandfolder.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they try to launch various new features that seem a little hasty. I got an email the other day asking me to create a Brandfolder community - which isn't something my organization has a need for and the concept didn't make a ton of sense to me.

We have too many freelancers and external agencies that work with us to rely on internal servers. This allows for easy access across all of our users and partners. The select and share feature makes it easy to avoid sending large files via email.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Brandfolder review by Adina Mihaela F.
Adina Mihaela F.

"Great experience with BrandFolder so far!"

What do you like best?

BrandFolder is used for work in order to have a wide range of documents available in one place.

I love the fact that you can have different folders, sections and for one item, more than one version (a brochure can be in a web format or a print ready one, etc.)

What do you dislike?

I cannot always easily see in which folder I am - could be useful to keep an Option on the top menu line for this. Could be more user-friendly / interactive for scrolling - such as a permanent small menu icons on the right side that would move along as we scroll down or up - that way, we can click on the section we want to see much easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's worth it!

Gathering documents - we create folders per interest and public/sector, useful for segmenting

Giving instructions - a common place to have all details on best practice

Brandfolder review by Jake M.
Jake M.

"Brandfolder Review"

What do you like best?

The easy user flow that is continuous across platforms. Also, the ability to have separate channels is a life saver. We have began to implement video usage as well which has been seen and used to be really influential to our marketing and social marketing team. I think what has worked best for us is the customer service. The brandfolder team is constantly reaching out and accepting any challenge we send over and approaching it professionally and logically. We get responses quickly and have seen many failures turn into successes due to their team

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a noticeable slow speed due to too many subcategories. Also when sending out user requests, some users have not received their request and have to send out multiple times to receive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speed up website speed when having multiple subcategories. Notice is in everything from searching to adding users.

We had very slow and sloppy asset location and storage. With this, we could never locate assets by names or item numbers and had to use specialized codes that were registered when first put into a different DAM. Brandfolder has gotten rid of that struggle and has made us realize the easiness of using a simple tag or correct naming convention to see quick asset location. We have come to realized how useful a search bar is to keep our whole team functioning smoothly and getting the appropriate images where they need to be as quickly as possible.

Brandfolder review by Kristi H.
Kristi H.

"Brandfolder Provides a Refined Solution for Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

We love the visual layout with the robust search feature. The ease of use is second to none and it presents our assets to our customers and media partners in a way that is consistent with our own reputation.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything that I dislike. They have given us more than I could have asked for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't delay, just get it. You'll be thrilled!

We are solving the issue of keeping our assets up to date easily by having just one place to maintain. We also have solved the issue of assets disappearing when users misunderstand complex directions about how to download our assets. The Brandfolder interface is so simple to use and it prevents accidental deletion of our assets. Brandfolder has provided us with total control of our assets while making it exceptionally easy to share them.

Brandfolder review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Brandfolder is a win for creative departments and beyond"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder is a timesaver and headache-reducer. Support for Brandfolder clients is fantastic--very responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable. Prior to this we had an awful system of files that were always going missing or issues with multiple versions.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better way to group (and hide) product "folios" on the main site page. For example, our Brandfolder site main-page is a bit too visually busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your internal processes for managing marketing assets is driving you crazy, think about a trial with Brandfolder.

No more spending time completing 1-off requests for marketing materials. Clients can easily access support materials on their own. The interface is really easy to use, it took our team about 15 minutes to feel comfortable managing the site. The ability to keep all assets--images, boilerplate, print collateral, logos, font-recommendations--is a real timesaver.

Brandfolder review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to roll out"

What do you like best?

The Brandfolder platform is configurable to fit with our organization and the initial and ongoing from their team has been fantastic. Brandfolder listents to our needs and has been very accommodating.

They helped us identify a taxonomy that worked for our business, and the set-up and roll-out was super quick - about a month. The product is not overly complex - in fact it's fairly simple, but it fit well with our requirements of needing a simple DAM with just the right mix of features but not so weighty it would take forever to learn or use.

Also a really great feature is that we can upload image assets, then if we need to download them in a different file format or different size, that functionality is built right in.

What do you dislike?

Initially we did have some performance issues, but I must say Brandfolder was very responsive to that and is making fast steps to really improve the speed of asset retrieval. They are upgrading data centers and now the speed one expects with a Saas platform is on par or very nearly there.

Another feature that can be improved is on the usage analytics side (which I understand is on their roadmap). A valid question we want to solve for is which assets are consumed the most and by whom?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how quickly it is to implement; how quickly it is to evangelize the value proposition, and the level of personal support. Also how mature your organization is to incorporate DAM into your technology stack and processes.

The business problem we are seeking to answer was simply a central location within which to store our marketable assets. We had previously so many places that content was stored, without an overarching taxonomy that it was impossible to find anything. Brandfolder has made that a lot easier simply by having one central location, with our own content taxonomy laid on top of it.

Primarly we have used Brandfolder as an internal resource, but another use case is external: deploy once, and use multiple places. For this use case, we would need more robust analytics on consumption, so if they can solve for that I think it would be a hit out of the park.

Brandfolder review by Ben P.
Ben P.

"Get your brand in order and make it accessible to your team"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Brandfolder is that it allows you to combine your stye guide and the actual asset files all in one, easy to use and share place. It is also easier to use than just a shared asset folder a company might use in dropbox or google, because it is visual and customizable to your specific brand needs.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint might be a little bit of a pipe dream, but I wish I could know how many times assets are being used and who is using them. From a practical standpoint that might help me know what areas to focus on if we're going through any kind of redesign. But really, it answers all the issues I've had with making and enforcing a style guide.

The problem has always been employees using old or low resolution versions of logos and other files. This makes it simple for me to distribute, and update files as needed.

Brandfolder review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Incredibly powerful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

We're just hitting our stride with Brandfolder! We've moved our primary digital assets (logos, proprietary typeface, guidelines, colors) to the platform and are continuing to move our photography and additional digital assets. The collections have been incredibly useful when it comes to access control. We're also looking forward to utilizing the brand monitoring feature to track our digital footprint as we continue to update our organization's visual identity.

What do you dislike?

Users, particularly our staff, still appear to be reliant on locally saving our digital assets for frequent use. I think a link into Brandfolder via a "documents" window, similar to Dropbox for example, would eliminate this need.

Our brand has been very fragmented and therefore diluted for quite some time. Brandfolder is allowing us to take the reigns back and begin the hard work to transform our brand, starting with the way we visually represent the organization. The platform is also allowing us make some organizational process improvements that were much needed.

Brandfolder review by Yannick D.
Yannick D.

"Amazing tool to store our brand assets"

What do you like best?

Great added value to our marketing department to tag and track our branding assets. really easy to use, barely needed to train our department. Up and running in no time

What do you dislike?

Some features are missing compared to other DAM systems, but they are always willing to take enhancement requests.

Multilingual support would be a great addition for global commpanies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, but if you are looking for a quick and easy setup to manage all your assets this solution is a great addition to any company.

The tagging of assets and the fact that it supports video out of the box is quite a nice feature to have from the gecco. Other solutions offer video support at an extra cost.

We have had 0 bugs with the software and everyone is happy with the way the tools as been integrated in our day to day process.

Assets were all over the place and it was hard to track the latest image to share with media outlets. This solution offered a self service that we didn't have before and helps us organize our assets through all our sub-brands through collections

Brandfolder review by Administrator

"Serves all our needs for a mid-size business solution."

What do you like best?

Users being able to download in the format and size they need an asset, right from within brandfolder.

What do you dislike?

Provisioning for outside parties can be difficult. There is also sometimes a need for an asset to be shared across multiple brandfolder but since they aren't structured to do that, it needs to be updated for each instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking at a DAM and need something that's cost effective, BrandFolder gives you the most for your money. Wonderful team to work with on all our projects and ready to listen and implement ideas to improve the service.

Translation workflows, creative file sharing and adoption of campaigns. We no longer get 50 emails a day asking for a logo in 'this format at this size'

Brandfolder review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Great Platform, fantastic support!!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and support. We challenged BrandFolder in all the common creative arenas, i.e., user experience, storage, and formatting.They blew away the competition while providing support in migration to development to training.

What do you dislike?

No app!! But I hear it's coming soon in 2019. Also clean up the adding user screen.

The big one, Global asset management. Reducing silos within multiple time zones, and languages. I spend less time helping a client find assets and more time staying productive.

Brandfolder review by marc c.
marc c.

"A must have for creatives and agencies. "

What do you like best?

Superior organization and ease of use. I can seamlessly share and collaborate on a brand guide with colleagues and target clients through brand folders easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any negatives. I think sometimes the files load slower when they are all on the single screen view. This can be frustrating however I'm unsure how else one would handle that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try at see how you like it. There's nothing to loose.

I work in-house as a UX/UI designer and I find brand folder to be incredibly helpful for working with clients and presenting their proposed color palette. It also helps my team stay organized.

Brandfolder review by Paul A.
Paul A.

"Superb software and service"

What do you like best?

The features and user interface of Brandfolder have made it easy to adopt as a solution for both ourselves and our clients. Any queries, or questions have been dealt with quickly and helpfully from the team there too.

What do you dislike?

As Brandfolder has grown over the last three years we've been using them, the higher fees have made it harder for our smaller clients to adopt. That's not a complaint, just a fact of business, nd a shame for those with smaller budgets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great solution, backed by a great team. My only real comment is that the fees are making hard to implement for smaller clients, meaning we may have to run two solutions for different sized clients.

Bening able to organise and provide assets for clients has helped them and us. Saving time for both sides, and reducing admin for our team.

Brandfolder review by Administrator

"Great organization, very intuitive!"

What do you like best?

I love that this platform is super easy to use and figure out. Big buttons, easy to navigate icons, very user-friendly. I love the set- up of categories, then within there being able to break down the brand into more categories + using pins and tags makes it easy to find things.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the automatic word pickup that populates the big box. 99% of the time they're words that don't make sense, they actually confuse what we're trying to do and tag a certain way. When I click to change or add tags, if there's a huge box of auto info...I can't see the tags and it's cumbersome to scroll down. I turn them off every time and never have a need for them. On that same note...I also dislike the auto tags. We're going in tagging everything anyway so they get in the way...and again, 99% of the time they're very wrong and only confuse the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent way of organizing assets for the whole company to use and share! I'd just turn off all the auto words/tags because I don't find them necessary and more of a pain. Especially the ones that populate the info box.

Central location of all assets for everyone to use. Keeping them up to date so people don't pull and use anything that's old and outdated and should not be used. Easy to share links so others can grab exactly what they need to use without having to search themselves if someone already knows the assets needed and can just send a link.

Brandfolder review by Administrator

"Vital to our processes, but cumbersome at times. "

What do you like best?

That all of my important assets are housed in one place.

What do you dislike?

1) I believe the filters could be more sophisticated in order to easily find the exact asset I'm looking for. It's easier for me to open a separate spreadsheet to find the ID number we've corresponded to that asset file, and type it in the search bar than use the tags that we've applied to each BF asset description. 2) I loved when I could read the description of the asset just by hovering over the file, rather than having to proactively click on it and scroll down in order to read the description.

Can easily share necessary files with our stakeholders.

Brandfolder review by User in Internet

"Easy to organize company marketing materials and design standards!"

What do you like best?

My company began using Brandfolder this year to house all of our stock images, marketing materials, decks, and other assets. It's been a great resource to house everything in one place and ensure that as employees we are using the most up to date assets . I like the ease of use, search-ability, and organization of the tool. It also helps to rest assured that we are using the most up to date information instead of having to look in multiple places or make sure with marketing that all materials are up to date. As the company scales, Brandfolder is one of the tools that has helped.

What do you dislike?

No major complaints, but as a user I think more customizability would be better. Also, the speed of Brandfolder isn't always great and some items can take a longer than expected to download or show up with the preview box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you organize all of your materials in a consistent manner that is easy to follow. This will provide the best results and ensure that other users at your company and outside of it want to use it!

We wanted to make sure that everyone in the company is aligned with the same marketing collateral. Brandfolder has definitely simplified the distribution process and helped the company scale as the team continues to grow.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"The Perfect Solution"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder provides a one stop shop for all of our asset needs. The best thing about the software is the ease of you. Our previous solution left our team members struggling to find the assets they needed. Brand Folder is highly intuitive and people are always able to find what they are looking for.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isn't anything I "dislike" about Brandfolder. I do feel some features could be a little more user friendly, but honestly it works very well as is.

Brandfolder allows our company to provide assets to our sales team and other key people. It also serves as our main hub for current assets. The greatest benefit is the time we save using the software. Team members are able to quickly location design files and I no longer have to spend time troubleshooting issues or emailing assets.

Brandfolder review by George B.
George B.

"The best asset management tool"

What do you like best?

The company I work for has been using Brandfolder for about a year and a half and we couldn't be happier! We use Brandfolder to house all of our imagery and visual assets across 4 brands and everyone praises the ease of use. My favorite part has to be the "searchability" of the assets. With over a thousand assets in one of our brands, the ability to search, find and download is key!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the loading is slow (but could be our internet!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a system of tagging on day 1 and start with one person to manage uploading and tagging.

We are solving the organization issue of visual assets. Before, they were all spread out over hundreds of folders but now they are organized in an easy to find way.

Brandfolder review by Tatiana T.
Tatiana T.

"Extremely user friendly with great capabilities. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use for all parties involved. It's straight forward with great capabilities. It makes asset organization SO much easier.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be some small bug issued within the site but nothing to really dislike.

We are solving how our assets are stored, who has access to uploading and downloading licensed assets and creating a more efficient workflow.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"My experience overall is great, except for some issues with integration with Adobe CC."

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to upload all of the assets I use so that others are able to access them as well. This allows us all to ensure we are using the same and most current version of an asset.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the integration of Brandfolder with Adobe CC. It is difficult to search for items in the plug-in, it takes quite a while for the items to load into Adobe, and when I go to export a project out of Adobe into a PDF, the links become broken.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to others. The support is great as the company really wants user feedback to improve the product. They respond very quickly and are definitely open to suggestions on additions and changes to the product.

We are solving the problem of sharing assets in an efficient way and making sure everyone is using the same asset and most current asset. This has been helpful in saving time by being easily able to send the requester a link to an asset or login to Brandfolder as well as saving time having to revise a project because it contains an outdated asset.

"BrandFolder review"

What do you like best?

Simple platform to use and maintain. Generally very responsive support and account teams. Like the new features like multi asset download

What do you dislike?

When you make updates to your platform it sometimes breaks our live site, as we have a custom setup. We then need to firefight on a live system.

It enabled us to extend our internal brand platforms to have asset management capabilities. This gave brand teams around the world a unified place to learn about how to implement our brand assets, and then download them (via BrandFolder). BF analytics is helping us validate our platform investments with senior project sponsors.

Brandfolder review by User in Supermarkets
User in Supermarkets

"BrandFolder Review"

What do you like best?

BrandFolder is very easy to use. My company uses it to send logo kits out to external partners and advertisers. I especially love that I can curate what I'm sending (if I want a specific logo color or format to be used, I can pull just those colors and files and hide the rest when I send the link to access my company's brand folder).

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike. BrandFolder is very simple and easy to use, accomplishing all my needs in this type of site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use its ability to selectively distribute assets - it's one of my favorite functions, allowing me to send only the content that I want to share.

BrandFolder allows me to distribute logo kits in an easy way (no need to attach multiple logos, formats, etc.). All logo options are available via a single link, and I can curate which logos or assets I want to send to different groups.

Brandfolder review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Brandfolder DAM Review"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder provides great value as compared to other DAM solutions like WebDAM. It has a clean UI that's very easy to learn and navigate. The feature and functionality set is very robust and the flexibility allows us to customize our digital assets in almost any way possible. The ability to tag assets allows for a great search experience and sharing assets within our organization or outside of it is a breeze. We can share assets via links, or by sending and email and can add expiration dates so we can control access to our assets. To top it off their customer support and training is among some of the best I've encountered in twenty years of leading marketing teams. This is quite simply one of the best solutions available.

What do you dislike?

Brandfolder does have limitations... but whenever we've encountered a feature that could be improved or have an idea for an enhancement... they are always willing to help and listen to suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you include Brandfolder on your short lust of DAM vendors!

Our old digital asset management was built on the Microsoft Sharepoint platform. It was a cumbersome, hard to work with (you need to be a Sharepoint admin to customize) unfriendly "solution". Brandfolder is everything that our old system wasn't. It's clean, simple, easy to manage, and priced right. Now, people actually use it and can easily find and share what they need.

Brandfolder review by Kimberly W.
Kimberly W.

"Changed our branding for the best"

What do you like best?

I like that we have one place for all of our public facing documents. Brandfolder allows the marketing team to completely control our brand with easy access. I also like that I am not having to search for the same marketing materials over and over. I just point the sales and management team to our Brandfolder and I don't have to do anything else.

What do you dislike?

I have to do a lot of deleting of old assets. I wish we could archive them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a life saver for our company. We had collateral from 5 years ago going out to prospects with old branding. We have stepped up our marketing and Brandfolder was there to help us out. Our sales team is so happy to have a single place to look for materials with a great naming system. They no longer have to waste time. I highly recommend this solution.

Brandfolder solves the need of always having to find the most up to date marketing materials or presentations. Our sales team can know save time by going directly to our company portal and getting what they need in minutes. Brandfolder also helps us stay organized by tagging each piece so our teams know how and when to use the material. We are able to differentiate items by internal or public facing and by vendor.

Brandfolder review by Jes Z.
Jes Z.

"Love Brandfolder!"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to interact with — both from the end of the designer uploading things and the end of someone downloading things from it. Also LOVE that I can have one asset in multiple formats all grouped into one. Makes life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

This is a nitpicky designer thing, but I hate that pixel background that shows when an image doesn't fill the rectangle space. Would definitely prefer just white. It's pretty distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to be able to provide people with lots of assets, very easily, this is the software for you. It even has places to keep brand language, which is easy to update (and very valuable for people outside of marketing too! Our Dev team loves that they can always make sure they know what the latest "elevator pitch" is.)

It's been so easy for us to make assets available to press — saves us a TON of time being able to just point them to brandfolder and let them decide what assets they'd like to use themselves.

Brandfolder review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Easy, Attractive, and Effective!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to send our Brandfolder link directly to our members (or send them to our website) so that they can download bios, logos, videos, and more with very little effort. The layout is so clean and attractive, it makes the entire process seamless.

I have recommended this to many of our members and they have also been impressed! I think Brandfolder can be useful to anyone and everyone!

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Brandfolder so I have no comment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is awesome! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

We are solving two huge issues through Brandfolder.

1) I do not have to take the time, energy, (and email space) to send out our logo to every organization that we sponsor events for. They know where to find the logos so they do not even have to contact me.

2) We have updated our logo just recently and having Brandfolder helps us ensure that every organization that has had our logo in the past now has access to the new one and can rely on our Brandfolder site to keep them updated with our changing logos.

There are many other things that have been solved as well, but these are the biggest two.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Making the Most of A Small Team"

What do you like best?

Our company uses Brandfolder to host all of our assets including product, collateral, and social. It enables all our external partners to utilize the graphics that we produce so we can project a unified front. All our partners across the board will have matching assets to our brand. It is really helpful to us because it enables people to do things on their own with less requests taking away from our day to day work.

What do you dislike?

We host so many products that sometimes they get lost, there could be a better way to categorize certain products. Or when you upload a new asset have it automatically populate at the front instead of the back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a global company and struggling with making everyone's voice the same - brandfolder is a great tool to give everyone the assets they need to succeed.

We were spending a lot of time filling people's requests that weren't publicly available so this enables us to be completely hands off which is a huge benefit.

Brandfolder review by Manhattan R.
Manhattan R.

"Just makes it easier"

What do you like best?

A singe repository for my clients and agents to use saves me a lot of time and email. Having our colors and fonts readily available means no mistakes when outside artists are doing work for us or when agents need to update collateral themselves. It's been a great tool and one we have shared with our colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints. It's been simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

We went from endless emails to lower mistakes and ease of use. A single URL. Done!

Brandfolder review by Julie A W.
Julie A W.

"Managing Publisher"

What do you like best?

Quick access for sales templates and ideas for new ad campaigns. I often use the search option to get what I need, i.e. forms to WSJ newspaper program. Flyers. Annual media kit. Company contacts. I like how quickly Cole has updated documents (and mailblasts) when I needed them.

What do you dislike?

At the end of production, if I want to use a Content 2.0 article, I find it extremely time consuming to get what I want. I need to review many options and have difficulty getting back to the article I selected.

Also, some of the flyers need to be updated or removed, i.e. syndication flyers.

Primarily new ad ideas, fill pages including Content 2.0, and flyers. I also use it for company documents, i.e. Co-op forms.

Brandfolder review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"My favorite marketing tool!"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder has made my job much easier - all I have to do is send a link to my sales team, partners, media, whoever, and I'm done; they have everything they need. As an almost one-woman marketing team, it's important that I stay organized and Brandfolder helps me do that. It's one of my favorite resources!

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing that I dislike about Brandfolder. It truly has solved a problem for my company, and my team and I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Brandfolder!! This is the easiest way to organize brand assets in a clean, efficient and professional way - with just one link.

Brandfolder has helped my company solve the issue of where and how to efficiently house, organize and share my company's marketing assets. The main benefits would be that anyone who needs access to my documents can find them by using one simple link. It has specifically helped my sales team, as well as provided a quick and easy resource for media folks who may be looking for particular logos or photos for their stories.

Brandfolder review by Will S.
Will S.

"Brandfolder Rules"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Brandfolder is having easy access to dozens of client's assets in my back pocket.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that would make Brandfolder better is if it was free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save time and keep your brand(s) consistent with Brandfolder. There customer support is as great as their product.

I save time every week not having to find and send assets to my clients. My clients can now just go to there folder and grab whatever they need. My clients are saving time too.

Brandfolder review by Jack L.
Jack L.

"Great, easy to use service"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to add and create folders for items and also combine them together. Everything is easy to share and it puts all our brand elements into one place.

What do you dislike?

Getting our damn coworkers to get used to using it.

Having an internal brandfolder that is password protected apparently is annoying for our partners since they have to ask for permission to join. (which is very simple and I usually grant it right away) but that is feedback we have received.

Brandfolder review by Jonas P.
Jonas P.

"Brandfolder simplicity and user experience unmatched"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of Brandfolder is it's best asset. Among all the DAMs we evaluated Brandfolder was the only one that our organization could use globally without extensive training. From the moment a new user logs in they know intuitively what to do. This benefit cannot be overstated when you consider the overall investment of a DAM, the resources it takes to manage and the time it takes to integrate into the organization. We held two training sessions that were :60 minutes each but only lasted for 20-30 minutes. When something is so intuitive it makes training sessions almost moot. It was more about why we have a DAM vs. how to use it.

The Brandfolder team has also been a pleasure to work with. Highly responsive and flexible.

What do you dislike?

We utilize a lot of original photography and video assets that have talent rights associated with them. Right now Brandfolder does not have an easy way to manage expiration of these assets. While there are a couple work-arounds it would be nice to be able to set dates for when the image rights expire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandfolder should definitely be on any RFP list. It's a great way to demonstrate the difference between bloated, feature heavy DAMS and Brandfolder which is built on simplicity and ease of use.

We never had a single place to store our historical marketing assets and photography. We have legacy systems that are difficult to use due to bad tagging behavior over time. Brandfolder's ease of use has enabled us to quickly integrate the DAM into our organization and has made it extremely easy to store, manage and share brand assets.

Brandfolder review by User

"Great experience with BrandFolder so far!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can have different folders, sections and for one item, more than one version [a brochure can be in a web format or a print ready one, etc.]

What do you dislike?

Brandfolder review by Ricardo M.
Ricardo M.

"Useful, intuitive and extremely important for our brand"

What do you like best?

I like the straightforward way items are organised and how easy it is to access information, Interesting for corporations spread throughout the world. At the same time, it´s wonderful that we can include different types of materials in various sorts of formats. It´s also great that the Brandfolder platform can easily be costumised to the company´s needs, as if simulating that it´s part of the company´s structure. It can also be adapted to the company´s routines - most of times, it feels like I´m using one of my company´s software when in fact I´m a completely new platform.

Finally, I also appreciate that it has a notification system inside, showing whenever there´s a change in our brand portfolio.

It´s always difficult to manage a brand portfolio and Brandfolder helps us doing that extremely well.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing in particular to state, since everything matches my expectations. Probably the product could have an improved visual or a desktop app, which I don´t think it has for the moment. It´s not that it´s not visually attractive, but there´s also room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Brandfolder, since this is the best way of sharing marketing content around the world, in a safe and easy access environment, available in different mediums - be it smartphone, computer or any sort of tablet.

- Easy access to marketing materials in my company´s offices worldwide

- Marketing teams can focus in other projects, instead of constantly supporting the sales teams with marketing content for their sales presentations

- Easy access in all sorts of platforms

Brandfolder review by User in Computer Software

"Brandfolder for Marketing Graphics and Assers"

What do you like best?

I like the overall search functionality, so when I am looking for a specific graphic that the design team has uploaded for me I can just type in the number they have associated to it. Also, when I am unsure what specific graphic I would like to use for a campaign, I can just search relevant terms such as "govcon" or "state" or "local" and I will most likely find a graphic that will be useful for my email or landing page.

What do you dislike?

The main part that is troublesome or brings frustration to me while using Brandfolder it seems like on most browsers it takes a while for my click or typing to respond. Sometimes I just have to refresh. Also, Brandfolder logs me out a lot even if I ask to remain logged in, which is kind of annoying as I go back to it multiple times a day.

We are mostly using this to help achieve a central repository for field marketing, operations, and product marketing teams to quickly find assets. We are trying to build up our database of images to choose from, and a lot of times I can find hidden gems in here.

Brandfolder review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Been able to navigate easly and few layers to click through"

What do you like best?

I like how visual it is so people can search quickly by visual cues instead of text heavy databases. Also, I don't need to sign in every time, so I can quickly access it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of drill down searching. For a database with a lot of assets, it can be overwhelming to search by purely visual. There needs to be filtering ability to narrow down the search easily, and then a visual scan can quickly find the asset. The single bar search is clunky and difficult to train out consistently among many users (people use different keywords so results vary)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a visual cue associated with your assets that can be understood when on a small scale. You can see many assets on a page, so the assets need to be easily discernible.

We are solving the need for a database outside of our servers that can be easily accessed by multiple people to find common assets for work. Its an intuitive system so little to no training is needed. So its quick to implement.

Brandfolder review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"An amazing tool for web developers."

What do you like best?

I like that this takes asset management for media off my plate. And that clients can use it without much or any support from me.

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far, I just set up the account and tell the clients to go at it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever need to send assets to a media outlet or vendor, use this service. You'll never have to worry about formatting or getting someone what they need, because it's all right there in front of them.

As a web developer, this just takes one more thing off my plate, which helps A LOT. The less work I have to do to create a great product the better. Brandfolder already does everything a client might need for media assets and then some. No point in re-inventing the world when Brandfolder already delivers it on a silver platter.

Brandfolder review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Accessing brand materials as conveniently as possible"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Brandfolder is that it's an easy place to collect and access our organization's media and external resources. I've never had any problem finding what I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that Brandfolder occasionally takes awhile to load, which may just be because of the number of assets we have stored there.

In a customer-facing role, I work with our users to address their concerns, troubleshoot their problems, and provide resources to make using our platform as easy as possible. Brandfolder makes it easy to access official materials in compliance with our brand guidelines, such as the one-pager we send to potential users as an introduction to our work.

Brandfolder review by Travis B.
Travis B.

"Brand folder improves asset sharing for a global workplace"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder has been truly a joy to use for our global marketing and sales teams. Although its early in our use of the Brandfolder platform, it has made the sharing of assets and visibility of projects that employees would otherwise not know about much easier and quicker. The search function works great and its super easy to add folks to our folder.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes are the pages flipping through. We would rather have all the assets on one long, scrollable page (which is something Brandfolder had when we started but their dev team is working on bringing back or so we are told).

Would also like a "move to page" action item to be able to move/copy assets to multiple folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk with the CS team, they will take your suggestions and place future development around them.

Sharing assets global, no matter how large or small. Our team can much more easily find assets, images, logos and other tools that enable them to do their jobs. It also makes it easier for me as a designer to find things, share source files with other designers, easily tell somewhere where to find things rather than it living in my head or in a local folder. We have been impressed with the multiple file structure and plan on creating levels of folders like 'super user', 'intermediate' and 'basic user.' This will enable us to track who gets what kind of assets global and share accordingly. Our corporate management has been very please.

Brandfolder review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Such a useful organizational tool and timesaver"

What do you like best?

It's easy to maintain and easy to use. Uploading and updating assets is quick on the back end, and our sales network can easily find what they need on the front end. Having our downloads on a web based platform is convenient for our sales team on the road, they don't have to access our servers at all because they can simply share documents and images from our Brandfolder online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes organizing assets is buggy, they'll revert back to their original order. Overall, that's a really small thing.

Having all our public facing documents in one place means it's easy for our sales force to find the most up to date information they need. They don't have to sort through older versions our outdated files. They know that whatever they see there is the right one to use.

Brandfolder review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"It's like a folder"

What do you like best?

Organizations. Brandfolder makes it so easy a 2 year old could use it. I love how sleek and easy to navigate through, brandfolder is awesome. You have a client for life here!!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a login glitch that says I didn't enter my password... I use auto-fill ... so that sometimes slows me down. My profile never wants to stay up to date longer than a month... but I think that is on my part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you like organizing and having everything clear in one place? Yes. Brandfolder.

It's easy to use, and everything is in one place now. Normally all my agent work and client work would be scattered around the office, now my office is welcoming and clean.

Brandfolder review by Johne A.
Johne A.

"Brandfolder Review"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder allows us to aggregate all of our important content and digital assets in a single, easy to use, platform. Our customers, reps, and marketing contacts love it!

What do you dislike?

We'd love to see filters reach an even more granular level but beyond that, we wouldn't change a thing.

The obvious is that Brandfolder makes it possible to provide content, materials, information, and art easily and without problems. This applies to both media as well as customers.

Brandfolder review by Administrator

"Excellent Product for Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

Creating customized links to be shared with our business partners

What do you dislike?

Would like an easier way to notify our team updates have been made in Brandfolder (beyond just logging into the Brandfolder to see the updates in the notification section)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will provide you with the security and organizational tools for your digital assets

Solving for the ability to organize and share digital assets. Benefits are being able to communicate with business partners in a much more effective and efficient way. Great tool for both marketing and sales.

Brandfolder review by User in Computer Software

"most powerful & simple digital asset management (DAM) platform"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is being about to track which assets are being used by different users, and our marketing team is able to use that information to make more successful campaigns. It is a great resource for our company to ensure that everyone was using the most up to date assets. I also love that it has a super easy, very visual interface that makes it a breeze to find exactly what you are looking for quickly.

What do you dislike?

I think the biggest trouble we have with the software is signing people up for the first time. Sometimes the email sent from Brandfolder goes to junk mail, and the person receiving the email doesn't always know to look there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing Customer Service. Awesome Tool

To collobrate within different departments.

Brandfolder review by Tracy T.
Tracy T.

"Organized Efficient and Powerful"

What do you like best?

All of our logos, images, pdfs are in one place and can be changed across the board so that every person has the same amount of access. In a frequently changing world where version control is a nightmare - Brandfolder is the One Place with the One Version we need!

What do you dislike?

Wish I could add More images and 54 items is less than I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Larger accounts with more storage

Digital Asset Management and Marketing Material management are challenging in todays environment. There is never a printed piece that is not up to date. Also - working with agency or new clients as we on-board them -- everyone is given access tot he same material so there is an established norm for what we expect people to see/learn/review.

Brandfolder review by Julie D.
Julie D.

"Gotta love it!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the interface and that it's not a "folder/file" based system. Makes it A LOT easier to quickly navigate.

What do you dislike?

Um, not too much at this point! I have really had a good experience so far.

We have lots of assets that need to be distributed all over the world, but they have specific uses and they are also updated regularly. We needed a system to help us manage version control and make it easy for people to find what they need. Our FTP site was WAY too hard to find things and too clunky.

Brandfolder review by Annie C.
Annie C.

"Great for purpose."

What do you like best?

I like the user-friendly layout. Nice simple design and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Few bugs - e.g. image won't show up at first, occasionally won't let me move the asset until I wait or open up an incognito window

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend this as a place for holding massive amounts of internal assets. This is ideal for outward facing assets that need to be easily accessed.

Sharing core assets with outside vendors. It is also helpful for quick access to the assets we frequently use internally.

Brandfolder review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"Helpful for everyone on our team"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder allows us to keep our collateral organized and accessible. Marketing, bus. dev. sales... everyone uses BF and it's super simple to know what's current and where to find it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I particularly dislike.

This saves us time because it's so easy for everyone to navigate and utilize BF to access marketing collateral for different vertical, relationships and levels (corp vs local).

Learn more about Brandfolder

Brandfolder Videos

Learning about Brandfolder?

* We monitor all Brandfolder reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.