Brandfolder

Brandfolder

Brandfolder empowers marketers by providing an easy to use, visual platform for organizing and sharing official brand assets.

Work for Brandfolder?

Learning about Brandfolder?

Brandfolder Reviews

Ask Brandfolder a Question
Showing 148 Brandfolder reviews
Brandfolder review by Adina Mihaela F.
Adina Mihaela F.

"Great experience with BrandFolder so far!"

What do you like best?

BrandFolder is used for work in order to have a wide range of documents available in one place.

I love the fact that you can have different folders, sections and for one item, more than one version (a brochure can be in a web format or a print ready one, etc.)

What do you dislike?

I cannot always easily see in which folder I am - could be useful to keep an Option on the top menu line for this. Could be more user-friendly / interactive for scrolling - such as a permanent small menu icons on the right side that would move along as we scroll down or up - that way, we can click on the section we want to see much easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's worth it!

Gathering documents - we create folders per interest and public/sector, useful for segmenting

Giving instructions - a common place to have all details on best practice

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brandfolder
Brandfolder review by Jake M.
Jake M.

"Brandfolder Review"

What do you like best?

The easy user flow that is continuous across platforms. Also, the ability to have separate channels is a life saver. We have began to implement video usage as well which has been seen and used to be really influential to our marketing and social marketing team. I think what has worked best for us is the customer service. The brandfolder team is constantly reaching out and accepting any challenge we send over and approaching it professionally and logically. We get responses quickly and have seen many failures turn into successes due to their team

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a noticeable slow speed due to too many subcategories. Also when sending out user requests, some users have not received their request and have to send out multiple times to receive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speed up website speed when having multiple subcategories. Notice is in everything from searching to adding users.

We had very slow and sloppy asset location and storage. With this, we could never locate assets by names or item numbers and had to use specialized codes that were registered when first put into a different DAM. Brandfolder has gotten rid of that struggle and has made us realize the easiness of using a simple tag or correct naming convention to see quick asset location. We have come to realized how useful a search bar is to keep our whole team functioning smoothly and getting the appropriate images where they need to be as quickly as possible.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Brandfolder review by Kristi H.
Kristi H.

"Brandfolder Provides a Refined Solution for Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

We love the visual layout with the robust search feature. The ease of use is second to none and it presents our assets to our customers and media partners in a way that is consistent with our own reputation.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything that I dislike. They have given us more than I could have asked for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't delay, just get it. You'll be thrilled!

We are solving the issue of keeping our assets up to date easily by having just one place to maintain. We also have solved the issue of assets disappearing when users misunderstand complex directions about how to download our assets. The Brandfolder interface is so simple to use and it prevents accidental deletion of our assets. Brandfolder has provided us with total control of our assets while making it exceptionally easy to share them.

Brandfolder review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Brandfolder is a win for creative departments and beyond"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder is a timesaver and headache-reducer. Support for Brandfolder clients is fantastic--very responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable. Prior to this we had an awful system of files that were always going missing or issues with multiple versions.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better way to group (and hide) product "folios" on the main site page. For example, our Brandfolder site main-page is a bit too visually busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your internal processes for managing marketing assets is driving you crazy, think about a trial with Brandfolder.

No more spending time completing 1-off requests for marketing materials. Clients can easily access support materials on their own. The interface is really easy to use, it took our team about 15 minutes to feel comfortable managing the site. The ability to keep all assets--images, boilerplate, print collateral, logos, font-recommendations--is a real timesaver.

Brandfolder review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to roll out"

What do you like best?

The Brandfolder platform is configurable to fit with our organization and the initial and ongoing from their team has been fantastic. Brandfolder listents to our needs and has been very accommodating.

They helped us identify a taxonomy that worked for our business, and the set-up and roll-out was super quick - about a month. The product is not overly complex - in fact it's fairly simple, but it fit well with our requirements of needing a simple DAM with just the right mix of features but not so weighty it would take forever to learn or use.

Also a really great feature is that we can upload image assets, then if we need to download them in a different file format or different size, that functionality is built right in.

What do you dislike?

Initially we did have some performance issues, but I must say Brandfolder was very responsive to that and is making fast steps to really improve the speed of asset retrieval. They are upgrading data centers and now the speed one expects with a Saas platform is on par or very nearly there.

Another feature that can be improved is on the usage analytics side (which I understand is on their roadmap). A valid question we want to solve for is which assets are consumed the most and by whom?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how quickly it is to implement; how quickly it is to evangelize the value proposition, and the level of personal support. Also how mature your organization is to incorporate DAM into your technology stack and processes.

The business problem we are seeking to answer was simply a central location within which to store our marketable assets. We had previously so many places that content was stored, without an overarching taxonomy that it was impossible to find anything. Brandfolder has made that a lot easier simply by having one central location, with our own content taxonomy laid on top of it.

Primarly we have used Brandfolder as an internal resource, but another use case is external: deploy once, and use multiple places. For this use case, we would need more robust analytics on consumption, so if they can solve for that I think it would be a hit out of the park.

Brandfolder review by Ben P.
Ben P.

"Get your brand in order and make it accessible to your team"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Brandfolder is that it allows you to combine your stye guide and the actual asset files all in one, easy to use and share place. It is also easier to use than just a shared asset folder a company might use in dropbox or google, because it is visual and customizable to your specific brand needs.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint might be a little bit of a pipe dream, but I wish I could know how many times assets are being used and who is using them. From a practical standpoint that might help me know what areas to focus on if we're going through any kind of redesign. But really, it answers all the issues I've had with making and enforcing a style guide.

The problem has always been employees using old or low resolution versions of logos and other files. This makes it simple for me to distribute, and update files as needed.

Brandfolder review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Incredibly powerful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

We're just hitting our stride with Brandfolder! We've moved our primary digital assets (logos, proprietary typeface, guidelines, colors) to the platform and are continuing to move our photography and additional digital assets. The collections have been incredibly useful when it comes to access control. We're also looking forward to utilizing the brand monitoring feature to track our digital footprint as we continue to update our organization's visual identity.

What do you dislike?

Users, particularly our staff, still appear to be reliant on locally saving our digital assets for frequent use. I think a link into Brandfolder via a "documents" window, similar to Dropbox for example, would eliminate this need.

Our brand has been very fragmented and therefore diluted for quite some time. Brandfolder is allowing us to take the reigns back and begin the hard work to transform our brand, starting with the way we visually represent the organization. The platform is also allowing us make some organizational process improvements that were much needed.

Brandfolder review by Yannick D.
Yannick D.

"Amazing tool to store our brand assets"

What do you like best?

Great added value to our marketing department to tag and track our branding assets. really easy to use, barely needed to train our department. Up and running in no time

What do you dislike?

Some features are missing compared to other DAM systems, but they are always willing to take enhancement requests.

Multilingual support would be a great addition for global commpanies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, but if you are looking for a quick and easy setup to manage all your assets this solution is a great addition to any company.

The tagging of assets and the fact that it supports video out of the box is quite a nice feature to have from the gecco. Other solutions offer video support at an extra cost.

We have had 0 bugs with the software and everyone is happy with the way the tools as been integrated in our day to day process.

Assets were all over the place and it was hard to track the latest image to share with media outlets. This solution offered a self service that we didn't have before and helps us organize our assets through all our sub-brands through collections

Brandfolder review by marc c.
marc c.

"A must have for creatives and agencies. "

What do you like best?

Superior organization and ease of use. I can seamlessly share and collaborate on a brand guide with colleagues and target clients through brand folders easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any negatives. I think sometimes the files load slower when they are all on the single screen view. This can be frustrating however I'm unsure how else one would handle that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try at see how you like it. There's nothing to loose.

I work in-house as a UX/UI designer and I find brand folder to be incredibly helpful for working with clients and presenting their proposed color palette. It also helps my team stay organized.

Brandfolder review by Paul A.
Paul A.

"Superb software and service"

What do you like best?

The features and user interface of Brandfolder have made it easy to adopt as a solution for both ourselves and our clients. Any queries, or questions have been dealt with quickly and helpfully from the team there too.

What do you dislike?

As Brandfolder has grown over the last three years we've been using them, the higher fees have made it harder for our smaller clients to adopt. That's not a complaint, just a fact of business, nd a shame for those with smaller budgets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great solution, backed by a great team. My only real comment is that the fees are making hard to implement for smaller clients, meaning we may have to run two solutions for different sized clients.

Bening able to organise and provide assets for clients has helped them and us. Saving time for both sides, and reducing admin for our team.

Brandfolder review by User in Internet

"Easy to organize company marketing materials and design standards!"

What do you like best?

My company began using Brandfolder this year to house all of our stock images, marketing materials, decks, and other assets. It's been a great resource to house everything in one place and ensure that as employees we are using the most up to date assets . I like the ease of use, search-ability, and organization of the tool. It also helps to rest assured that we are using the most up to date information instead of having to look in multiple places or make sure with marketing that all materials are up to date. As the company scales, Brandfolder is one of the tools that has helped.

What do you dislike?

No major complaints, but as a user I think more customizability would be better. Also, the speed of Brandfolder isn't always great and some items can take a longer than expected to download or show up with the preview box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you organize all of your materials in a consistent manner that is easy to follow. This will provide the best results and ensure that other users at your company and outside of it want to use it!

We wanted to make sure that everyone in the company is aligned with the same marketing collateral. Brandfolder has definitely simplified the distribution process and helped the company scale as the team continues to grow.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"The Perfect Solution"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder provides a one stop shop for all of our asset needs. The best thing about the software is the ease of you. Our previous solution left our team members struggling to find the assets they needed. Brand Folder is highly intuitive and people are always able to find what they are looking for.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isn't anything I "dislike" about Brandfolder. I do feel some features could be a little more user friendly, but honestly it works very well as is.

Brandfolder allows our company to provide assets to our sales team and other key people. It also serves as our main hub for current assets. The greatest benefit is the time we save using the software. Team members are able to quickly location design files and I no longer have to spend time troubleshooting issues or emailing assets.

Brandfolder review by George B.
George B.

"The best asset management tool"

What do you like best?

The company I work for has been using Brandfolder for about a year and a half and we couldn't be happier! We use Brandfolder to house all of our imagery and visual assets across 4 brands and everyone praises the ease of use. My favorite part has to be the "searchability" of the assets. With over a thousand assets in one of our brands, the ability to search, find and download is key!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the loading is slow (but could be our internet!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a system of tagging on day 1 and start with one person to manage uploading and tagging.

We are solving the organization issue of visual assets. Before, they were all spread out over hundreds of folders but now they are organized in an easy to find way.

Administrator in Consumer Goods

"My experience overall is great, except for some issues with integration with Adobe CC."

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to upload all of the assets I use so that others are able to access them as well. This allows us all to ensure we are using the same and most current version of an asset.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the integration of Brandfolder with Adobe CC. It is difficult to search for items in the plug-in, it takes quite a while for the items to load into Adobe, and when I go to export a project out of Adobe into a PDF, the links become broken.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to others. The support is great as the company really wants user feedback to improve the product. They respond very quickly and are definitely open to suggestions on additions and changes to the product.

We are solving the problem of sharing assets in an efficient way and making sure everyone is using the same asset and most current asset. This has been helpful in saving time by being easily able to send the requester a link to an asset or login to Brandfolder as well as saving time having to revise a project because it contains an outdated asset.

Brandfolder review by User in Supermarkets
User in Supermarkets

"BrandFolder Review"

What do you like best?

BrandFolder is very easy to use. My company uses it to send logo kits out to external partners and advertisers. I especially love that I can curate what I'm sending (if I want a specific logo color or format to be used, I can pull just those colors and files and hide the rest when I send the link to access my company's brand folder).

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike. BrandFolder is very simple and easy to use, accomplishing all my needs in this type of site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use its ability to selectively distribute assets - it's one of my favorite functions, allowing me to send only the content that I want to share.

BrandFolder allows me to distribute logo kits in an easy way (no need to attach multiple logos, formats, etc.). All logo options are available via a single link, and I can curate which logos or assets I want to send to different groups.

Brandfolder review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Brandfolder DAM Review"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder provides great value as compared to other DAM solutions like WebDAM. It has a clean UI that's very easy to learn and navigate. The feature and functionality set is very robust and the flexibility allows us to customize our digital assets in almost any way possible. The ability to tag assets allows for a great search experience and sharing assets within our organization or outside of it is a breeze. We can share assets via links, or by sending and email and can add expiration dates so we can control access to our assets. To top it off their customer support and training is among some of the best I've encountered in twenty years of leading marketing teams. This is quite simply one of the best solutions available.

What do you dislike?

Brandfolder does have limitations... but whenever we've encountered a feature that could be improved or have an idea for an enhancement... they are always willing to help and listen to suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you include Brandfolder on your short lust of DAM vendors!

Our old digital asset management was built on the Microsoft Sharepoint platform. It was a cumbersome, hard to work with (you need to be a Sharepoint admin to customize) unfriendly "solution". Brandfolder is everything that our old system wasn't. It's clean, simple, easy to manage, and priced right. Now, people actually use it and can easily find and share what they need.

Brandfolder review by Kimberly W.
Kimberly W.

"Changed our branding for the best"

What do you like best?

I like that we have one place for all of our public facing documents. Brandfolder allows the marketing team to completely control our brand with easy access. I also like that I am not having to search for the same marketing materials over and over. I just point the sales and management team to our Brandfolder and I don't have to do anything else.

What do you dislike?

I have to do a lot of deleting of old assets. I wish we could archive them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a life saver for our company. We had collateral from 5 years ago going out to prospects with old branding. We have stepped up our marketing and Brandfolder was there to help us out. Our sales team is so happy to have a single place to look for materials with a great naming system. They no longer have to waste time. I highly recommend this solution.

Brandfolder solves the need of always having to find the most up to date marketing materials or presentations. Our sales team can know save time by going directly to our company portal and getting what they need in minutes. Brandfolder also helps us stay organized by tagging each piece so our teams know how and when to use the material. We are able to differentiate items by internal or public facing and by vendor.

Brandfolder review by Jes Z.
Jes Z.

"Love Brandfolder!"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to interact with — both from the end of the designer uploading things and the end of someone downloading things from it. Also LOVE that I can have one asset in multiple formats all grouped into one. Makes life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

This is a nitpicky designer thing, but I hate that pixel background that shows when an image doesn't fill the rectangle space. Would definitely prefer just white. It's pretty distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to be able to provide people with lots of assets, very easily, this is the software for you. It even has places to keep brand language, which is easy to update (and very valuable for people outside of marketing too! Our Dev team loves that they can always make sure they know what the latest "elevator pitch" is.)

It's been so easy for us to make assets available to press — saves us a TON of time being able to just point them to brandfolder and let them decide what assets they'd like to use themselves.

Brandfolder review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Easy, Attractive, and Effective!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to send our Brandfolder link directly to our members (or send them to our website) so that they can download bios, logos, videos, and more with very little effort. The layout is so clean and attractive, it makes the entire process seamless.

I have recommended this to many of our members and they have also been impressed! I think Brandfolder can be useful to anyone and everyone!

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Brandfolder so I have no comment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is awesome! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

We are solving two huge issues through Brandfolder.

1) I do not have to take the time, energy, (and email space) to send out our logo to every organization that we sponsor events for. They know where to find the logos so they do not even have to contact me.

2) We have updated our logo just recently and having Brandfolder helps us ensure that every organization that has had our logo in the past now has access to the new one and can rely on our Brandfolder site to keep them updated with our changing logos.

There are many other things that have been solved as well, but these are the biggest two.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Making the Most of A Small Team"

What do you like best?

Our company uses Brandfolder to host all of our assets including product, collateral, and social. It enables all our external partners to utilize the graphics that we produce so we can project a unified front. All our partners across the board will have matching assets to our brand. It is really helpful to us because it enables people to do things on their own with less requests taking away from our day to day work.

What do you dislike?

We host so many products that sometimes they get lost, there could be a better way to categorize certain products. Or when you upload a new asset have it automatically populate at the front instead of the back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a global company and struggling with making everyone's voice the same - brandfolder is a great tool to give everyone the assets they need to succeed.

We were spending a lot of time filling people's requests that weren't publicly available so this enables us to be completely hands off which is a huge benefit.

Brandfolder review by Manhattan R.
Manhattan R.

"Just makes it easier"

What do you like best?

A singe repository for my clients and agents to use saves me a lot of time and email. Having our colors and fonts readily available means no mistakes when outside artists are doing work for us or when agents need to update collateral themselves. It's been a great tool and one we have shared with our colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints. It's been simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

We went from endless emails to lower mistakes and ease of use. A single URL. Done!

Brandfolder review by Julie A W.
Julie A W.

"Managing Publisher"

What do you like best?

Quick access for sales templates and ideas for new ad campaigns. I often use the search option to get what I need, i.e. forms to WSJ newspaper program. Flyers. Annual media kit. Company contacts. I like how quickly Cole has updated documents (and mailblasts) when I needed them.

What do you dislike?

At the end of production, if I want to use a Content 2.0 article, I find it extremely time consuming to get what I want. I need to review many options and have difficulty getting back to the article I selected.

Also, some of the flyers need to be updated or removed, i.e. syndication flyers.

Primarily new ad ideas, fill pages including Content 2.0, and flyers. I also use it for company documents, i.e. Co-op forms.

Brandfolder review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"My favorite marketing tool!"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder has made my job much easier - all I have to do is send a link to my sales team, partners, media, whoever, and I'm done; they have everything they need. As an almost one-woman marketing team, it's important that I stay organized and Brandfolder helps me do that. It's one of my favorite resources!

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing that I dislike about Brandfolder. It truly has solved a problem for my company, and my team and I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Brandfolder!! This is the easiest way to organize brand assets in a clean, efficient and professional way - with just one link.

Brandfolder has helped my company solve the issue of where and how to efficiently house, organize and share my company's marketing assets. The main benefits would be that anyone who needs access to my documents can find them by using one simple link. It has specifically helped my sales team, as well as provided a quick and easy resource for media folks who may be looking for particular logos or photos for their stories.

Brandfolder review by Will S.
Will S.

"Brandfolder Rules"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Brandfolder is having easy access to dozens of client's assets in my back pocket.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that would make Brandfolder better is if it was free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save time and keep your brand(s) consistent with Brandfolder. There customer support is as great as their product.

I save time every week not having to find and send assets to my clients. My clients can now just go to there folder and grab whatever they need. My clients are saving time too.

Brandfolder review by Jack L.
Jack L.

"Great, easy to use service"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to add and create folders for items and also combine them together. Everything is easy to share and it puts all our brand elements into one place.

What do you dislike?

Getting our damn coworkers to get used to using it.

Having an internal brandfolder that is password protected apparently is annoying for our partners since they have to ask for permission to join. (which is very simple and I usually grant it right away) but that is feedback we have received.

Brandfolder review by Jonas P.
Jonas P.

"Brandfolder simplicity and user experience unmatched"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of Brandfolder is it's best asset. Among all the DAMs we evaluated Brandfolder was the only one that our organization could use globally without extensive training. From the moment a new user logs in they know intuitively what to do. This benefit cannot be overstated when you consider the overall investment of a DAM, the resources it takes to manage and the time it takes to integrate into the organization. We held two training sessions that were :60 minutes each but only lasted for 20-30 minutes. When something is so intuitive it makes training sessions almost moot. It was more about why we have a DAM vs. how to use it.

The Brandfolder team has also been a pleasure to work with. Highly responsive and flexible.

What do you dislike?

We utilize a lot of original photography and video assets that have talent rights associated with them. Right now Brandfolder does not have an easy way to manage expiration of these assets. While there are a couple work-arounds it would be nice to be able to set dates for when the image rights expire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandfolder should definitely be on any RFP list. It's a great way to demonstrate the difference between bloated, feature heavy DAMS and Brandfolder which is built on simplicity and ease of use.

We never had a single place to store our historical marketing assets and photography. We have legacy systems that are difficult to use due to bad tagging behavior over time. Brandfolder's ease of use has enabled us to quickly integrate the DAM into our organization and has made it extremely easy to store, manage and share brand assets.

Brandfolder review by User

"Great experience with BrandFolder so far!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can have different folders, sections and for one item, more than one version [a brochure can be in a web format or a print ready one, etc.]

What do you dislike?

Brandfolder review by Ricardo M.
Ricardo M.

"Useful, intuitive and extremely important for our brand"

What do you like best?

I like the straightforward way items are organised and how easy it is to access information, Interesting for corporations spread throughout the world. At the same time, it´s wonderful that we can include different types of materials in various sorts of formats. It´s also great that the Brandfolder platform can easily be costumised to the company´s needs, as if simulating that it´s part of the company´s structure. It can also be adapted to the company´s routines - most of times, it feels like I´m using one of my company´s software when in fact I´m a completely new platform.

Finally, I also appreciate that it has a notification system inside, showing whenever there´s a change in our brand portfolio.

It´s always difficult to manage a brand portfolio and Brandfolder helps us doing that extremely well.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing in particular to state, since everything matches my expectations. Probably the product could have an improved visual or a desktop app, which I don´t think it has for the moment. It´s not that it´s not visually attractive, but there´s also room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Brandfolder, since this is the best way of sharing marketing content around the world, in a safe and easy access environment, available in different mediums - be it smartphone, computer or any sort of tablet.

- Easy access to marketing materials in my company´s offices worldwide

- Marketing teams can focus in other projects, instead of constantly supporting the sales teams with marketing content for their sales presentations

- Easy access in all sorts of platforms

Brandfolder review by User in Computer Software

"Brandfolder for Marketing Graphics and Assers"

What do you like best?

I like the overall search functionality, so when I am looking for a specific graphic that the design team has uploaded for me I can just type in the number they have associated to it. Also, when I am unsure what specific graphic I would like to use for a campaign, I can just search relevant terms such as "govcon" or "state" or "local" and I will most likely find a graphic that will be useful for my email or landing page.

What do you dislike?

The main part that is troublesome or brings frustration to me while using Brandfolder it seems like on most browsers it takes a while for my click or typing to respond. Sometimes I just have to refresh. Also, Brandfolder logs me out a lot even if I ask to remain logged in, which is kind of annoying as I go back to it multiple times a day.

We are mostly using this to help achieve a central repository for field marketing, operations, and product marketing teams to quickly find assets. We are trying to build up our database of images to choose from, and a lot of times I can find hidden gems in here.

Brandfolder review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Been able to navigate easly and few layers to click through"

What do you like best?

I like how visual it is so people can search quickly by visual cues instead of text heavy databases. Also, I don't need to sign in every time, so I can quickly access it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of drill down searching. For a database with a lot of assets, it can be overwhelming to search by purely visual. There needs to be filtering ability to narrow down the search easily, and then a visual scan can quickly find the asset. The single bar search is clunky and difficult to train out consistently among many users (people use different keywords so results vary)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a visual cue associated with your assets that can be understood when on a small scale. You can see many assets on a page, so the assets need to be easily discernible.

We are solving the need for a database outside of our servers that can be easily accessed by multiple people to find common assets for work. Its an intuitive system so little to no training is needed. So its quick to implement.

Brandfolder review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"An amazing tool for web developers."

What do you like best?

I like that this takes asset management for media off my plate. And that clients can use it without much or any support from me.

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far, I just set up the account and tell the clients to go at it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever need to send assets to a media outlet or vendor, use this service. You'll never have to worry about formatting or getting someone what they need, because it's all right there in front of them.

As a web developer, this just takes one more thing off my plate, which helps A LOT. The less work I have to do to create a great product the better. Brandfolder already does everything a client might need for media assets and then some. No point in re-inventing the world when Brandfolder already delivers it on a silver platter.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Accessing brand materials as conveniently as possible"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Brandfolder is that it's an easy place to collect and access our organization's media and external resources. I've never had any problem finding what I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that Brandfolder occasionally takes awhile to load, which may just be because of the number of assets we have stored there.

In a customer-facing role, I work with our users to address their concerns, troubleshoot their problems, and provide resources to make using our platform as easy as possible. Brandfolder makes it easy to access official materials in compliance with our brand guidelines, such as the one-pager we send to potential users as an introduction to our work.

Brandfolder review by Travis B.
Travis B.

"Brand folder improves asset sharing for a global workplace"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder has been truly a joy to use for our global marketing and sales teams. Although its early in our use of the Brandfolder platform, it has made the sharing of assets and visibility of projects that employees would otherwise not know about much easier and quicker. The search function works great and its super easy to add folks to our folder.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes are the pages flipping through. We would rather have all the assets on one long, scrollable page (which is something Brandfolder had when we started but their dev team is working on bringing back or so we are told).

Would also like a "move to page" action item to be able to move/copy assets to multiple folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk with the CS team, they will take your suggestions and place future development around them.

Sharing assets global, no matter how large or small. Our team can much more easily find assets, images, logos and other tools that enable them to do their jobs. It also makes it easier for me as a designer to find things, share source files with other designers, easily tell somewhere where to find things rather than it living in my head or in a local folder. We have been impressed with the multiple file structure and plan on creating levels of folders like 'super user', 'intermediate' and 'basic user.' This will enable us to track who gets what kind of assets global and share accordingly. Our corporate management has been very please.

Brandfolder review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Such a useful organizational tool and timesaver"

What do you like best?

It's easy to maintain and easy to use. Uploading and updating assets is quick on the back end, and our sales network can easily find what they need on the front end. Having our downloads on a web based platform is convenient for our sales team on the road, they don't have to access our servers at all because they can simply share documents and images from our Brandfolder online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes organizing assets is buggy, they'll revert back to their original order. Overall, that's a really small thing.

Having all our public facing documents in one place means it's easy for our sales force to find the most up to date information they need. They don't have to sort through older versions our outdated files. They know that whatever they see there is the right one to use.

Brandfolder review by Johne A.
Johne A.

"Brandfolder Review"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder allows us to aggregate all of our important content and digital assets in a single, easy to use, platform. Our customers, reps, and marketing contacts love it!

What do you dislike?

We'd love to see filters reach an even more granular level but beyond that, we wouldn't change a thing.

The obvious is that Brandfolder makes it possible to provide content, materials, information, and art easily and without problems. This applies to both media as well as customers.

Brandfolder review by User in Computer Software

"most powerful & simple digital asset management (DAM) platform"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is being about to track which assets are being used by different users, and our marketing team is able to use that information to make more successful campaigns. It is a great resource for our company to ensure that everyone was using the most up to date assets. I also love that it has a super easy, very visual interface that makes it a breeze to find exactly what you are looking for quickly.

What do you dislike?

I think the biggest trouble we have with the software is signing people up for the first time. Sometimes the email sent from Brandfolder goes to junk mail, and the person receiving the email doesn't always know to look there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing Customer Service. Awesome Tool

To collobrate within different departments.

Brandfolder review by Tracy T.
Tracy T.

"Organized Efficient and Powerful"

What do you like best?

All of our logos, images, pdfs are in one place and can be changed across the board so that every person has the same amount of access. In a frequently changing world where version control is a nightmare - Brandfolder is the One Place with the One Version we need!

What do you dislike?

Wish I could add More images and 54 items is less than I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Larger accounts with more storage

Digital Asset Management and Marketing Material management are challenging in todays environment. There is never a printed piece that is not up to date. Also - working with agency or new clients as we on-board them -- everyone is given access tot he same material so there is an established norm for what we expect people to see/learn/review.

Brandfolder review by Julie D.
Julie D.

"Gotta love it!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the interface and that it's not a "folder/file" based system. Makes it A LOT easier to quickly navigate.

What do you dislike?

Um, not too much at this point! I have really had a good experience so far.

We have lots of assets that need to be distributed all over the world, but they have specific uses and they are also updated regularly. We needed a system to help us manage version control and make it easy for people to find what they need. Our FTP site was WAY too hard to find things and too clunky.

Brandfolder review by Annie C.
Annie C.

"Great for purpose."

What do you like best?

I like the user-friendly layout. Nice simple design and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Few bugs - e.g. image won't show up at first, occasionally won't let me move the asset until I wait or open up an incognito window

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not recommend this as a place for holding massive amounts of internal assets. This is ideal for outward facing assets that need to be easily accessed.

Sharing core assets with outside vendors. It is also helpful for quick access to the assets we frequently use internally.

Brandfolder review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"Helpful for everyone on our team"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder allows us to keep our collateral organized and accessible. Marketing, bus. dev. sales... everyone uses BF and it's super simple to know what's current and where to find it.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I particularly dislike.

This saves us time because it's so easy for everyone to navigate and utilize BF to access marketing collateral for different vertical, relationships and levels (corp vs local).

Brandfolder review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Good organizational tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to find, view, and download all of our graphical assets. I also really like the big huge Search bar at the top. I don't have to go hunting for it. Visually appealing, too.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to select which folder within my org I can select to receive alerts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great organizing tool

We needed a better way for our global teams to access our assets and ShareFile and SharePoint weren't cutting it. Also, I know that the assets in Brandfolder are approved versus trying to find the latest and greatest AND approved assets behind our firewall.

Brandfolder review by Cirita G.
Cirita G.

"Best product for managing workflow!"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to oversee how our projects are coming along from a big picture perspective.

What do you dislike?

If the android app was more user friendly that would rock. For example...adding a subtask takes far too many clicks

We utilize brandfolder to help keep us organized while producing a magazine every 4 weeks. Being able to keep track of everyone's contributions & graphic elements is great. It saves us time from searching through piles of emails for a single instruction; in Brandfolder it is all there in one convenient place. We categorize each task by advertiser, and everything we need to put an ad together for that particular client is in their own folder.

Brandfolder review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Great tool for organization of creative assets "

What do you like best?

The software is very user friendly. I like how I can easily send high res files or video to individuals without access to the entire database. It's very easy to categorize and access information. Uploading is easy as well. I've had no issues with that feature either.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I dislike is searching for the categories themselves can be difficult the way they're all bunched together like a run-on sentence. And sometimes when I click on it, it shows all even though I only want to see one of the folders and then I have to click it again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are overwhelmed by looking for creative assets like we were, this is a great organization system for filing and accessing various creative assets. If you need to control who has access it's very easy to do so as well. Overall, very easy tool to use at what we would consider a reasonable cost to do so.

Organization of our creative assets - video, logos, creative. We needed to have it more organized and brandfolder has helped with that for certain. We also work with many franchisees and it was difficult to get them a particular graphic at times due to the high res and trying to email it. Brandfolder has also made it easier for real time updates and for all our agencies to access across channels.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Easy asset management enabling FINIS to expand internationally, and share bulk content. "

What do you like best?

Ability to host two Brandfolder accounts, private and public – this has helped us sectionalize our assets and grant selective access to ensure our private assets are being used by trusted sources. The ability to customize folders has made the UI more personalized to FINIS and easier to locate certain assets.

What do you dislike?

Because we store so many assets on our Brandfolder, we suffer from the long scroll effect. We've recently added the pagination feature, but now were having a problem with users not being able to find assets. In my ideal setting, I think I would prefer the long scroll and have a faster load time of assets to avoid using the pagination feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to improve time, convenience, accessibility, and sharing... then Brandfolder is a great solution to consider. I find myself not having to respond to singular asset requests which has saved me 10+ hours weekly. Equally, I've received praise from internal staff and external partners expressing the significant difference Brandfolder has made when it come to easy asset navigation, downloads, and sharing.

Brandfolder has taken a huge weight off the Creative and Marketing team to respond to 1:1 requests, and empowered internal staff, and external partners and dealers to browse and download assets that match their needs. Because unlimited assets are available for download (at any time), it's helped grow our international market and sync FINIS product pushes and campaigns across the globe.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Excellent Asset Manager"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder is very easy to use and update. I like that you can give people different permissions, so those who need to edit can. I frequently email the "share asset" link for people outside my company to download the logo and company description. It has reduced the time I spend emailing files and the back-and-forth regarding file types. With the "share asset" link, you get access to all the file types available. It also saves my email from getting overloaded with so many large files. It also has a very attractive user interface and is very intuitive!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any feature that I don't like yet on Brandfolder, but I do wish more of my colleagues used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and very effective!

I spend significantly less time spent deleting large files from my email, and have better quality control in our brand management and the assets external partners and media are using.

Brandfolder review by Sidney W.
Sidney W.

"Best Asset management Software in the cloud"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it has a super user friendliness with an interactive UI giving you zero hustle when using it

What do you dislike?

I would say boldly there are no cons for its is such a great tool definitely works right for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start from trial version like I did you will definaletly see the benefits

In my personal business i get to keep me up to per when dealing with outside suppliers

Brandfolder review by Lindsey T.
Lindsey T.

"Quick and simple use for a press kit."

What do you like best?

I use this for a press kit and have found it to be super simple to manage my assets, press references, and everything I need right there. Several press contacts have said it's the best press kit they have ever been sent, and made it really easy to write about us.

What do you dislike?

You can't re-order the sections, like moving Information to the top with Logos at the bottom.

An easier way to create and maintain a press kit.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Love love our Brandfolder!"

What do you like best?

As a nonprofit, we have multiple types of media, supporters, event hosts and partners who need access to our digital assets. Brandfolder gives me one place to organize all of them and keep them up to date! Our organization has been using it for a few years now and it's just my favorite platform!

What do you dislike?

Really can't think of anything - I might like to have a higher ceiling of number of assets, but that's it.

Brandfolder helps me solve the problem of needing to organize a growing collection of articles, videos, photographs, newsletters etc. - and a growing demand for them. Having them all in one place keeps me sane, and makes it easier for the user also!

Brandfolder review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Band folder is Top Notch!"

What do you like best?

Easy to get to via a simple google search. Options for download and to send via email are great. Super layout and all around just simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found much I dislike yet. I had a login problem that their tech department was able to walk me through and I was back up and running in no time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Like shopping for all your brand needs in one place and all visually fantastic.

Basically just getting out materials into the right hands easily is what's been best about this. My hope is to see less and less screen clipping out in the market and more folks utilizing this great service.

Brandfolder review by Antoine V.
Antoine V.

"Saves a ton of time, provides a ton of structure"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder has just the right mix of simplicity to help me get a quick start on brand management, and features to help me structure my brand guidelines cleanly and clearly. It helps me dot the i's and cross the t's, but only as much as I want to.

What do you dislike?

I'd love it if the interface was even cleaner, clearer, and brighter in terms of design.

Sharing your brand with the whole world is very important. Helps you make sure your brand is used consistently and portrayed positively, even by people over whom you have no control... and that's most people!

Brandfolder review by Steevy G.
Steevy G.

"Exactly what I needed for Partner Relationships!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can send my retailers one link where they can find everything & easily. Also, I can customize categories based on the folder - perfect!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, everything that I disliked, I contacted Brandfolder directly and they implemented a solution immediately. They are incredibly responsive, great team!

Keeping a regular and quick cadence with my distributors and retailers is a constant challenge. Sending them everything they need quickly and consistently has certainly help these relationships.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"Pretty good service for agencies, not as wowed as I'd like to be for in-house teams."

What do you like best?

Makes it easy to share assets, etc.. Intuitive enough, clean, fairly customizable. good for sharing assets with dealers, press, things like that.

What do you dislike?

Not customizable enough. I want to be able to embed in our site, fully customize type, etc. Not strong as a customer-facing branding tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having worked in an agency with multiple brands, I think this could make managing multiple brands much easier. Working in-house and managing a single brand, I prefer to do a custom built brand page, but as time doesn't currently allow for this, brand folder meets our needs well enough.

Sharing branding and campaign assets with dealers, press, partners, customers, etc.. Works well.

Brandfolder review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Wonderful way to organize a high number of assets for multiple partners and clients"

What do you like best?

Multiple catalogs with individually controlled access, stacking of like graphics, ease of use for my clients. If the client is fairly organized to begin wth, they see the benefit.

What do you dislike?

Limits! Seems odd for a product at this level to cap folders/item numbers. I agree it's not Dropbox or Google drive, but for large customers with a high volume assets, we are forced to use other solutions or exceed our caps.

Basic fact, most companies are very disorganized with their brand and advertising assets. This helps get it under control. But as I mentioned above, it requires two solutions: one to pre-organize and share (dropbox, google drive) and Brandfolder for "finished" assets. Unfortunately, this is where they fall off in use. Much better for external share (neat & organized) use vs internal creative share (messy) and growing...

Brandfolder review by Jeremy F.
Jeremy F.

"Brandfolder kicks so much ass"

What do you like best?

It makes getting assets to all the people who need them ridiculously easy and makes us look waaaaaaay more organized than we probably are, like we're actually professional or something.

What do you dislike?

Literally nothing, it makes my life sooooo much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. I recommend Brandfolder to every other brewery I know.

We have to get pictures of our products to sales reps, press, distributors, advertisers, etc. and this makes it so simple. Our team can effortlessly get access to everything they need and it cuts down on the avalanche of emails we would normally get for these assets.

Brandfolder review by User in Design
User in Design

"Sleek, professional, easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love that the formatting is done for me so all I need to do is upload and I am guaranteed things will look beautiful.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say right now. I am learning the platform, however I would love to be able to create folders of videos or stack video content by theme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Brandfolder can be a great tool, especially for larger companies or even individuals who have a strong media presence. I m building mine at this time and am counting on the professional presentation Brandfolder gives to help make that happen.

It provides a quick easy presentation of me and my work. A quick link and everything I need to provide a media outlet is included. Looks super professional.

Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Brandfolder is one of the most helpful organizational tools I have ever used"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder is extremely easy to organize and to manage. It is easy to find data once stored, move it if needed, and more importantly, it is easy to share information both internally, and more importantly, externally. We really struggle with sharing information with external partners, and this has been instrumental in solving that particular headache.

What do you dislike?

It is a little difficult to sort out different permissions for folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to have a way to share with external partners that is safe and secure - Brandfolder is for you!

We have solved sharing externally - always a big problem for us. The benefits of having a place that you don't have to manage daily access for external partners is so amazing.

Brandfolder review by James G.
James G.

"Easy to use, easy to organize."

What do you like best?

Brandfolder allows me to quickly and effectively communicate and review with my team on a number of projects. It is easy to use, works quickly, and is loaded with advanced features such as resizing and conversion by the end user. Brandfolder makes my work life immeasurably easier.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I cannot think of a single thing that I dislike yet. It gets the job done and gets it done well.

Everything is incredibly easy to use and prioritize. Being able to clearly see the end result, and approve, or add additional input on a single project is great. It looks as if it would scale well with a much larger company.

Brandfolder review by Jay R.
Jay R.

"Brandfolder--Great for Business, Great for Me"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is unmatched. It streamlines productivity within the office. It seamlessly helps with brand managing.

What do you dislike?

I think it could be a little more intuitive. It can occasionally be a little difficult achieving certain tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be seriously impressed by this product.

Brandfolder has helped me to manage all of my digital assets exceptionally well, and has helped my brand management techniques improve.

Brandfolder review by Robin B.
Robin B.

"Brand Assets in ONE PLACE, FINALLY for me and my clients!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to upload all of the assets needed to protect the Brand Consistency and to allow for decentralized work on the brand. I can provide a link to the assets needed to Media, staff, agency partners and they can immediately work on my Brand needs. It allows for easy access and accurate FINAL graphics to be used correctly every time.

I will also say that I really appreciate the response time from the team. We had an issue with sharing and they jumped on join.me and walked through the issue and had their main man on the task and by end of day it was fixed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike glitches but they have fixed the brand folder each time we have found a sharing issue.

I really don't have any other concerns, I guess I would love to have more than 5 brand folders for my agency for the price but I know I can add more in the future and the price will adjust accordingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the investment, your clients will love you for it :)

We are saving an enormous amount of time by giving the client access to original brand assets and allowing them to share links to Media as needed. They also feel confident that they have originals in their hands and they find the platform very easy to navigate.

We are saving Dropbox sharing madness :)

We also like that we do not have to find things all over the web, social, Google Drive or Dropbox, we are happy to have everything in a single location.

Brandfolder review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"Corporate Asset Bank"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder is a simple, cost effective platform for our marketing team to manage and share our brand assets with members in our organization and other corporate partners.

What do you dislike?

The obvious limitations are needing internet access to access your brand assets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a simple tool to use and make sharing digital assets considerably simpler than other tools I have used in the past.

We are managing a large portion of our brand through this tool. It has allowed us to easily share assets with partners we deem appropriate and restrict others.

Brandfolder review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Fantastic tool for marketers!"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder is the perfect tool for storing marketing assets: The interface is user friendly, there is efficient support on hand at all times, and it lets us see all our assets at once and choose exactly who sees what and how they can use it. Being able to tell team members to just go to the Brandfolder instead of spending our days sending images, logos and videos back and forth is a lifesaver for our project management team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Whenever we've found functionalities that weren't ideal for our needs, the Brandfolder team have been super supportive in helping us in any way they could, and have even added some improvements since we started using it a few months ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We have a large number of different types of assets and guidelines that need to be shared with different teams in different companies, who use the assets differently and use slightly different variations of these assets. We also need these assets safe from viewing by any unauthorised people. Brandfolder solves all of these issues for us in a sleek and intuitive interface.

Brandfolder review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Asset management for my SAAS company"

What do you like best?

The view of the assets is fantastic. Anyone could use a tool like Google Drive to put everything but BrandFolder goes the extra mile in terms of organization and presentation of our assets.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see easier ways to link to files and the ability to use Brandfolder to host my images that are displayed on our landing page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on using just the free tier make sure to really decide which assets you want to use.

Before using BrandFolder we had no good way to organize our assets. There were logos here and there, social media images we needed all around, just no organization at all. BrandFolder has allowed us to organize what is important and have it in one place.

Brandfolder review by Paul R.
Paul R.

"The Elegance of Simplicity, Brandfolder Delivers!"

What do you like best?

The title of this review says it all "The Elegance of Simplicity".

A lot of companies tend to over complicate their product offerings. They try to be everything to everyone and end up being nothing to no one.

Brandfolder is super focused and crystal clear in their product offering plus they deliver on their mission statement, "Brandfolder’s mission is to standardize the way that brand assets are shared. We save people time and increase their productivity with a simple and straightforward way to share their brand with the world."

Their own Brandfolder is a testament to how you can best utilize their product. How simple is that.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure its a "dislike" but more of a how can Brandfolder make their product offering easier to understand when purchasing.

I would like to see a per brand monthly rate and an easy to understand (and easy to upgrade) bulk brand plan. The less "à la carte" fees the better. Its the paradox of choice, the less I have to think about options the better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the categories for a Brandfolder, create an identical folder structure locally and dump all your assets into this structure. then have a brand manager curate and upload only the most important and recent assets to Brandfolder

We have a number of startup companies in our portfolio and we need to manage the brand assets, and Brandfolder does this in a very simple and elegant way.

We treat our Brandfolders as a "Single Source of Truth" for our brands. No more are we "looking for that new photo of the CEO" or "where is the latest product shot"?

It's a great brand management tool for us internally as well as for any outside business partner or a journalist that needs a complete understand of our company as quickly as possible.

Brandfolder review by Sara V.
Sara V.

"Flawless!"

What do you like best?

The product is very easy to use both for Brand Managers and for any employee in the company that needs access to any brand materials. It's very visual which makes it beautiful. Also, the UX and the UI are very carefully designed and it meets any expectations (drag and drops, fast and effective search, keyboard shortcuts, tags, categorisation, pre-population of items like videos, etc.). DELIGHTFUL product!

It doesn't have all the complex capabilities of bigger competitors but they are doing an AMAZING job on releasing new features very often.

What do you dislike?

My biggest struggle with the product is the lack of Single Sign On. In our company we use Google Accounts so if we need to use any kind of external application, it's easy for everyone to register through SSO. Brandfolder doesn't have this yet and I always get someone complaining about having to register on a different application.

Besides of that, I don't dislike anything about the product :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You will definitely not regret it :)

I take care of all the brand assets, so before using Brandfolder, I would get tons of e-mails asking me for the logo in whatever size or format, product images and anything related. This would waste a lot of my time going through e-mails and folders re-searching the same items over and over again.

Because people wouldn't have direct access to this elements, sometimes they weren't even aware that they existed. And most of the time they would be in a extreme rush to get them. This would cause them to use outdated screenshots, outdated templates or even stretched logos *horrified emoji here*

Now everyone knows where all the official and up-to-date things are and they look for them themselves. This nor only saves me time, it also saves time to them. Since we use Brandfolder, they can create their needed materials or documents not only faster but only more up-to-date and more beautiful. They can enter in our Brandfolder and download the PowerPoint template, some product screenshots nicely placed inside devices and some stock images for the cover pictures. All by themselves! They feel now empowered and they love to scroll through the folder and find new things.

Now we have even created social network covers and wallpapers that everyone can find there. We didn't send out any e-mail to alert them, but everyone is now using them!

To summarise: empowers everyone in the company and speeds up a lot any process where brand elements are involved.

Brandfolder review by Basho M.
Basho M.

"Damn this is a good DAM"

What do you like best?

I like software that is elegant, streamlined, and seamless. Brandfolder does all of the above. Such good value for the money, not to mention their team is AWESOME at helping with issues and providing great thought leadership in the space. Couldn't be happier.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup is challenging just because it takes time - not because of the software. Also, it's only as good as the assets you put in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thier recent Slack integration is amazing!

Saving time, sharing with clients, versioning correctly, and brand consistency.

Brandfolder review by Morgan S.
Morgan S.

"Easy To Use & Effective. Would Recommend!"

What do you like best?

From the minute we signed up, customer service has been amazing in making sure we were comfortable going forward with everything and have been readily available with any questions we have had. (Not that we had many, the tool is so simple and intuitive)

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have any dislikes! Every step of the process has been super easy and I think everyone should try Brandfolder!

We sort of had our assets everywhere. As the designer in my office, everyone is always asking me to send them an email with our branded fonts, and colors, and certain logos or photos, and I would have to go hunt those things down and combine them into an email or google drive, or DropBox. Now they are all in one spot with guidelines, and pointers right there with the asset! It's awesome to know our stuff is professionally hosted all in one spot for anyone to use as they need it!

Brandfolder review by Susan M.
Susan M.

"An Elegant Way to Share Brand Assets "

What do you like best?

Its simplicity, it's ease of use and it's elegance. I also love the customer experience.

What do you dislike?

I wish more people knew about you actually so I don't have to explain what you are and why I use you each time. I also wish it were easier to download video and pictures. People find that part cumbersome. I also wish I could have parts of the folder public and other parts private.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love that I can embed it in any site or keep it completely private and by invitation only. It is an easy to use, elegant solution that immediately makes your brand look good to investors, media and other key stakeholders.

I use it to house press kits and assets for distributors and partners.

Brandfolder review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"Great product! never had any issues! A+++"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, able to search for specific things, or browse the whole site in one scroll.

Highly Recommend!!

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I dislike enough to state. but if I had to give you something to improve on, it would be allowing new users to set up user login easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! I haven't used a product in the beverage industry that manages digital assetss better than brandfolder.

This program truly simplifies the projects and ability to manage multiple brands, with multiple partners.

Asset management

Brandfolder review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Brandfolder is fantastic"

What do you like best?

It's straightforward and easy to use. You are able to standardize the assets that everyone within your company uses, whether you're hailing a company of 4, 40, or 400.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about the product. It's easy to implement and easy to adopt!

Brandfolder makes it easy to share your most up-to-the-minute visual assets with a large group. Privacy features are great, as you can gate assets. Files can be grouped by type and uploading is a breeze. I especially like that you can tag creative assets—everyone is familiar with tagging, and it helps when you're searching for something specific.

"Amazing Experience"

What do you like best?

Brandfolder is easy to use and very userfriendly. I like the fact that anyone, tech-wizard or not can use it

What do you dislike?

I iwsh they had a better option for pins. Dropdown or someother feature. It tends to get very long hen you have alot of stuff to pin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer Service is unlike any other company I have worked with! They are amazing! I can not stress that enough. I would gladly have a call with ANYONE wanting reasons why I use Brandfolder.

We are directly folks to do things on their own as well as brand consistency. We are driving people to use our marketing materials and because they are in a convenient location, they use it!

Brandfolder review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great for sharing long distance!"

What do you like best?

Our team is currently split across a few satellite offices, but the ability to share our Brandfolder helps us to make sure our design projects still feel cohesive. It's so nice to have instant access to elements and fonts, regardless of which computer I'm working on.

What do you dislike?

I love getting to create content for our company, but I don't often get the chance to dive in. Honestly, I just wish I could use Brandfolder more. I'm looking into options for using it with another project I'm doing outside of work.

We just launched a big rebrand so we want to make sure everyone is on the same page with our new elements moving forward. Brandfolder has been a big help from day one.

Brandfolder review by UB C.
UB C.

"Making my life that much simpler"

What do you like best?

I love that in one place I can manage one of the most important parts of my brand experience - the visual experience!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike, except not hanging out with the Brandfolder team as much!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just know that you'll be able to track your visual experience anywhere on the internet to make sure no one is misusing your company's image.

I'm buying back valuable time that can be spent on growth activities as opposed to managing my assets.

Brandfolder review by Melissa T.
Melissa T.

"Sweet, Simple, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Love that I can share logos, fonts, and color palettes with everyone that needs it, right in one location!

What do you dislike?

I would like to have videos and tutorials on there for colleagues and do a shared "library" of assets that can be checked out...with previous versions stored.

I'm a creative director, so I need to have access to the most up-to-date design elements for various organizations. This makes that possible any time of day without bothering others to send them to me.

Brandfolder review by John S.
John S.

"Easy to use for non-marketing professionals"

What do you like best?

We love the graphical interface of Brandfolder. We've used similar solutions in the past, but our users were frustrated finding the collateral they needed. The thumbnail feature insures our team members can quickly find the right document.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could create my own folder hierarchy, instead of the pre-determined ones. However, the 'pin search' function has helped me create the organizational structure we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great solution for those concerned with maintaining consistency with non-marketing team members. Nearly all of our organization are not marketing-oriented, and Brandfolder allows us to easily control use of our marketing brand assets, and insures they are used properly.

It's always been a challenge distributing documents to over 70 people, making sure they have the most updated version. Brandfolder has helped us get the materials in the right hands.

Brandfolder review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"No more bugging marketing with requestes for capital."

What do you like best?

Easy 1 stop shopping for anything needed for marketing and branding. Before implementing Brandfolder I was constantly emailing marketing for literature, graphics or links to certain capital. With Brandfolder, I know exactly what we have to offer and exactly where to find it.

What do you dislike?

I have not had a bad experience with this software since it was implemented in our company a while ago. Sorry for the good news.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a 1 stop repository for company capital related to documentation, graphics or anything else that is needed to promote your brand.

Providing reference materials directly to customers.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Alright but could be better"

What do you like best?

The appearance and functions are easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

Its not user friendly for those in Africa, our connectivity is not powerful enough to download large files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its got an easy to understand interface, and is very user friendly. Use it for smaller files unless if you are sure you have stronger internet connectivity.

We are a part of the Enactus network and accessing branding materials is very easy for us.

Brandfolder review by Ana Luisa B.
Ana Luisa B.

"Brandfolder has improved connection between our local office and the headquarters' marketing team."

What do you like best?

It's a very flexible tool in which we can find almost everything developed for the marketing team around the world.

What do you dislike?

it's search tool is not very intuitive, as neither is the description of each section

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be valuable to understand all the possibilities that Brandfolder offers.

I'm using Brandfolder to find most of the resources that are available for marketing. Now every Head of Marketing around the globe has access to the latest updated versions, what reduces the risk of miscommunication and make our messaging more aligned and homogeneous.

Brandfolder review by User in Maritime
User in Maritime

"It does what it supposed to do without glitches or special knowledge..."

What do you like best?

There are no special skills or training needed to have everyone using this platform

What do you dislike?

no dislikes so far, everything I have used so far seems to work as I need. The assets are organized and the search is accurate.

sharing important and heavy files on a professional platform without the need to share indefinitely your files or granting access to the entire collection. All this on a dedicated portal.

Brandfolder review by Marci J.
Marci J.

"Love our brandfolder!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to manage and use. One of my favorite features is being able to replace flyers without changing the link. No more broken links! Things change around Obeo all the time, and I am constantly updating flyers and brochures. I no longer need to replace links on pdf, landing pages etc! With Brandfolder, I can simply replace the flyer or brochure, but the link stays the same. That is my FAVORITE feature!!

I also love how visual the dashboard is. It's just a fabulous way to share brand collateral.

What do you dislike?

Logo management. I would like to be able to organize by file type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logo management could be improved. I'd like to be able to group by file type.

Brandfolder is a great way to keep our brand assets organized and available to anyone who needs them. It saves me countless emails a month, when vendor/partners need logos/flyers/hex codes etc!

Brandfolder review by Derek K.
Derek K.

"Finally - easy sharing and syncing for branding assets."

What do you like best?

As a developer and avid user of the internet, I observe frequently that branding assets are an effort to get (much less in the correct format) even if you are speaking to the person who has the proper access. This experience coming from a developer who is mutually involved with the brand, versus someone from press wanting to report on your brand - I can't imagine how they must feel.

Brandfolder solves this problem. With it's brilliant, clean, and simple interface it is easy to get all of your branding assets uploaded, organized, and with more detail and control than any other location. Afterward, it's a simple task to share and update your contacts with the correct and up-to-date branding assets.

What do you dislike?

Everything released works very well, and I'm excited to see the fulfillment of their new features!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a shot - you'll be surprised at how easy Brandfolder is to use. Find something it lacks? Recommend it! Their team couldn't be more awesome.

Gone are the days of clients showing up with a physical folder of branding guidelines, shared disorganized dropbox folders, and zip files. This kind of organization and control over your branding assets is unparalleled. Did you notice that Google's logo got a slight update last year? Thanks to Brandfolder, you no longer have to.

Brandfolder review by Bryan K.
Bryan K.

"Save time - be organized"

What do you like best?

Simple, intuitive interface that unapologetically limits the categories that you can place brand information into. If you favor the disorganization of dumping everything into folders on DropBox (where everyone has a different method of filing), then Brandfolder is not for you. After you finalize assets, then put them in a place you know they won't get lost, moved, deleted, etc. That place is Brandfolder.

What do you dislike?

Sharing limited items with outside folks would be great. They have a nice tab feature that sorts items for you and provides a quick link to those items - if you could only share just that "collection" with certain people without giving them access to the entire Brandfolder that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - understand that it is NOT a folder system, but an organization-system. Check out all the features and really give it a go by sharing it around your office. If you don't find value in it then you probably think Sharepoint is easy to use, in which case you are not the market for Brandfolder.

We have distributors all over the world that need our branding assets, presentation material, logos, etc. at different times throughout the day (and night). Having a single place to send them to anytime is extremely helpful.

Brandfolder review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Brandfolder as Brand Portal"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage. User-friendly. Drag and drop to upload. Bulk actions

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have a quick and presentable view (just by the click of a button on screen) what's the current list of assets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go

Exposing our global brand to all internal stakeholders across our different organisations

Brandfolder review by Sunny B.
Sunny B.

"Great product, easy to use, great support! "

What do you like best?

As the co-founder and creative director of Motto, a branding and design agency, I've been looking to manage the brand assets of our clients effectively for quite some time. I tested several other solutions that were not affordable or as other reviewers mentioned "complicated." BrandFolder has perfected the interface so that it's easy to get up and running quickly, but also, as we share folders with our clients, they are able to get access to their assets easily. I'd also say I really like the support and the willingness of the BrandFolder team to listen to what their users want.

What do you dislike?

While I'm really happy with BrandFolder, I can definitely see some improvements like allowing customers to brand their folders without the BF logo. Customizing the interface ie colors and logos, even if simple adjustments would make for a more ownable experience. Also one major improvement would be connection with Adobe products like Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. To link those programs would be a powerful experience that would take BF over the top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and see if it works for you. It's an incredible tool for creative brand managers, agencies and digital teams.

We share the strategy, creative and digital resources to our clients effectively allowing our clients to gain access to their brand assets 6 months to a year after their project with us has completed. We also keep a digital archive of the assets we've created to share both internally and externally as needed. The benefits to saving time and effort has been pretty incredible.

Brandfolder review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="ac2a8821-488e-48e3-bc13-2e8220002c3d">Keith M.</span>
Keith M.
" itemprop="name" />

"The right tool for our sales and marketing team"

What do you like best?

The clean look of the interface and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Thus far, I'm not seeing any issues in our pattern of usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very pleased with the experience thus far. I would encourage companies like ours to deploy Brandfolder - and I suspect you'll be hooked as we are.

Ability for a dispersed sales force to quickly obtain sales materials, and for our marketing team to be able to quickly update data.

Brandfolder review by Katie T.
Katie T.

"Just what I was looking for"

What do you like best?

As my department’s brand manager I’ve been looking for a simple and easy to use way to share creative resources with my coworkers. When I started looking I found an array very expensive and complicated solutions. I had almost given up when I came across Brandfolder. I love how easy it is to share resources and for my team to download the correct file re-sized appropriately for their project. The search functionality and tagging features make it a breeze to share a collection of resources or find what you’re looking for quickly. I am so glad I came across Brandfolder - it makes my job easier.

What do you dislike?

The only addition I'd like to see in the future is being able to share a collection of resources with an outside contact without giving them access to the whole Brandfolder. It meets my needs well internally for sharing but thins would improve my ability to use it to share with external contacts. Being able to do that via a link that automatically expires would be even better.

Sharing of digital assets including creative resources and final marketing collateral documents for distribution.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"The best experience ever.."

What do you like best?

Brandfolder allows you to combine your style, guide and the actual asset files all in one, easy to use and share place. It is also easier to use than just a shared asset folder a company might use in Dropbox or google.. Tony

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price point they offer as there cheaper CDN alternatives out there, such as cloudinary or Amazon AWS..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you guys will not be disappointed.!

A software that provide the world most powerful simple digital asset management (Dam) application..

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Make your life easier and improve your external brand image. What's not to love."

What do you like best?

I like having a single link to share with external stakeholders. They can trust that the information is current. And I only have to share one link.

What do you dislike?

Having multiple image formats (.ai, .eps, .pdf for a logo for example), isn't obvious to a first time end-user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the larger plans suit your needs. Once you start using it, you'll likely want to expand your use.

We have multiple sources requesting logos, pictures, colors, and other assets. This gives us one link to share to answer all of the requests. We have saved time and reduced churn of prepping and sending files.

Brandfolder review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Good for what it does"

What do you like best?

Able to send a link to others for everyone to access materials all in one place.

What do you dislike?

There are no features that I have looked for as of yet that have not been included.

Brand elements need to be accessible to many people - having a web-based solution makes that much easier than a physical server location.

Brandfolder review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"Awesomeness"

What do you like best?

Ability to quickly share assets with customers and organization and ease of finding files needed

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike compared to what I am used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the more you use, the better you can use to your advantage.

having my distributors able to quickly access our image files, key data and business files without taking up their storage is amazing.

Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Brandfolder is so EASY to use!"

What do you like best?

No folder inside folder (inside folder). Everything is visible.

What do you dislike?

Users have access to everything within a collection, I sometimes want to restrict access to certain users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It looks modern and easy to use. We love that all of our assets are easy to view and download. Downloading formats are simple to use for users and don't require admin to begin the download.

Accessibility. All assets are visible, no need to use folders and the "Search Bar" is easy to use.

Brandfolder review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Brandfolder for Multiplatform Storage Nerds"

What do you like best?

With Brandfolder, you can keep track of multiple documents for multiplatform content creators. With Brandfolder, we're able to do a lot of cross-team sharing and cataloguing that we normally used cloud shared docs for!

What do you dislike?

Not everyone has heard of it or used it to so the training and onboarding piece internally.

We have a lot of legacy collateral that has been stored in multiple places, and multiple users who are trying to access the same items. We see a lot of duplication with materials requested so this helped reduce that.

Brandfolder review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"Like it"

What do you like best?

It is fast one of best that is out on the marking nothing compares to it

What do you dislike?

Nothing it worked great I didn't find nothing wrong with it I'm glad I have it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it cuz there's nothing better out there on the market

Everthing advertising

Brandfolder review by Susie B.
Susie B.

"Brandfolder is Great!"

What do you like best?

As a communications and design professional, Brandfolder has made our process incredibly streamlined--both internally and externally. It organizes our clients brand assets that we create in a clear, visual way. It also allows for easy sharing and communicating with new collaborators on a project. Never send the wrong logo file or color value again!

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike yet.

With some many different file types and names, Brandfolder organizes these files and I never have to go back into folder within folder to find a certain file. I can send clients to their own Brandfolder page and they can find whatever they are looking for!

Brandfolder review by Joe H.
Joe H.

"Saves me so much time"

What do you like best?

I found Brandfolder when I got tired of having to send everyone company logos repeatedly. It's a simple, easy to navigate and send link where everything everyone needs is stored, in every file format. We now have a central repository for all our marketing assets, and that's helped with marketing communications, SEO, and internal asset sharing.

No more, "Joe, can you send me the PubNub logo?"

What do you dislike?

Everything works pretty well! It takes most file types and works seamlessly.

To put it simply, accessibility to updated assets. When I first got here, our old pre-2012 logo was still sitting at #1 on Google Images, and people were still using it. That's no bueno. Now, we have one place to put all our current marketing assets, and that's essential for a brand.

Brandfolder review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Simple, Easy-to-Use Interface Makes it Easy to Adopt Across Organizations."

What do you like best?

We were looking for a way to make brand assets more accessible to our Sale & Services Teams - to encourage usage of consistent marketing materials across the organization. Brandfolder's simple and intuitive interface made it easy for our teams to jump right in and start using the program without any additional training. The beautiful UI makes it easy for marketers of all stripes to add/edit assets without too much work, making the library easy to maintain and update for all.

Brandfolder also tracks activity to some extent, making it easy to "show value" when combined with a little bit of Excel Magic.

What do you dislike?

While overall, I have enjoyed using Brandfolder thus far... there are still definitely opportunities for improvement. I would love to see more powerful metrics, and a dashboard within Brandfolder itself to help you better understand how people are using your marketing assets.

I also think more bulk features such as copy/pasting between Brandfolders would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent support and sales team, so I would definitely recommend reaching out to them for a demo to see if the product will meet your needs. They are a pleasure to work work with!

We were looking for a platform to support Sales Enablement - and help make sure our sales team had the full set of tools created by our Marketing Department at their disposal. As a result of using Brandfolder, we've seen an increase usage of Marketing Assets, and now have a better understanding of which resources are driving the most value. We've also increased Sales/Marketing efficiency as our teams can now search and download marketing collateral independently from a single source.

Brandfolder review by CJ F.
CJ F.

"It has been great, very easy to navigate and allows us to spread our brand on a global scale."

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation when going through, and how clean the program looks.

What do you dislike?

Could minimize the visible size of each section of folders.

We weren't able to connect well with our international partners, but now we can easily.