BrandMaker

BrandMaker

3.3

BrandMaker is a comprehensive SaaS marketing software solution providing complete marketing resource management for any size organization

Work for BrandMaker?

Learning about BrandMaker?

BrandMaker Reviews

Ask BrandMaker a Question
Showing 13 BrandMaker reviews
BrandMaker review by AJ B.
AJ B.

"An essential platform for brand management and customer engagement"

What do you like best?

The various BrandMaker modules make it easy to customize a solution for our needs without having extra things we don't use. I like how everything is interconnected and the ease of use of finding things. BrandMaker has become our central resource for marketing materials, marketing planning, and customer engagement, and I like that we no longer have to try and jumble together different tools that don't work well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system seems a little slow in finding what I need, but I think this is only because we have A LOT of assets stored in BrandMaker!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a bit of a commitment up front to use a tool like BrandMaker since you pretty much have to put all marketing assets into the system to see the true value. If your assets are not currently well organized, this can take some time just to find what's current within your organization. In my opinion, it's worth the effort and is a necessary step for any automation solution to work properly.

We primarily use the digital asset management system (Media Pool), marketing planner, and Customer Engagement Cloud modules, and at this point we couldn't do our job without BrandMaker. We previously had a problem using DropBox with multiple versions of the same or similar documents that made it impossible to know what was current. BrandMaker solved this problem immediately with their Media Pool product, which provides access to digital assets from anywhere, including mobile devices. In addition, we were having trouble communicating marketing plans and scheduling activities prior to using BrandMaker. Now, we use Marketing Planner to work with a shared calendar so that everyone knows what's going on. This helps us avoid having multiple projects on top of one another and keeps our sales team well informed. Lastly, we have a lot of marketing content in our sales cycle and were never sure if it was easily found by prospects or if it was actually read. Using BrandMaker Customer Engagement Cloud, we can set up a specific journey map so our prospects can consume content at their own pace. We get full insights into which content pieces are the most popular, which pages are being read, and what's being shared.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrandMaker
BrandMaker review by STEFAN G.
STEFAN G.

"### Create one stop shop for everything relevant in Marketing ... ###"

What do you like best?

Brandmaker delivers a very powerful suite of modules to cover all Marketing Automatization needs.

The new portal module (including a standalone CMS) enhances the options dramatically. The system can be completely branded and turned into a unique Marketing Information Platform - a one stop shop for everything relevant in Marketing.

What do you dislike?

Though it’s rather a plus for us as external consultants and implementation partners, it can be pretty challenging for a customer to align the requirements of the brand and the options of the system. Due to the complexity and the huge set of features you will need professional support during the implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

###

We implemented several Brandmaker solutions to create a one-stop-shop solutions for the user. Mostly we started with smaller scopes and have grown every solution step-by-step over the last years. We could skip several other stand-alone applications and integrate the topics into the portals. Today we have in each project a powerful toolbox which multiple extensions that helps to streamline clients processes, save capacities, strengthen the brands and also save money of the companies.

What Marketing Resource Management solution do you use?

BrandMaker review by Christian K.
Christian K.

"BrandMaker Marketing Planner "

What do you like best?

Vastly improved our planning efficiency, accuracy and transparency, as well as reporting on

marketing activities. System is highly configurable, user-friendly, improved our speed to planning. In addition BrandMaker offers full suite of marketing software for future expansion beyond planning

What do you dislike?

Since implementation of enterprise software also means that organization needs to change to some degrees its way of working, change management planning and effort should not be underestimated. SmartLaunch methodology provided by BrandMaker Consulting was a great help to get quick user Adoption.

We implemented BrandMaker Marketing Planner to centralize our marketing planning process in a single system and create transparency about marketing activities across our organization.

Great improvement compared to our old ways of working and BrandMaker has been a great company to work with, especially when it came to implementation and training.

BrandMaker review by Sebastian M.
Sebastian M.

"Broad solution, flexible to configure and adapt to our specific needs."

What do you like best?

Moving from spreadsheets and manual reporting to a system based approach has truly been transformative for our marketing operations, and the ability to have a single source of truth for all our marketing and sales assets is a core requirement for marketing. A next step in 2018 will be to expand our scope to further interesting MRM functionality BM offers such as integration with Salesforce (CRM) and unleashing the full power of marketing performance measurement.

What do you dislike?

As with every enterprise software it needs a bit of practice and change management to get the processes and structure right and it is also important to include user feedback along the way and to continuously further fine tune and evolve the system. BM offered comprehensive training and consulting services to ensure fast and sustainable user adoption.

Broad solution, flexible to configure and adapt to our specific needs. DAM with more than 3000 files in an easy way.

BrandMaker review by Administrator in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Administrator in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Half-Baked, Functional for Minimal Tasks"

What do you like best?

We cannot deny that Brandmaker was an improvement from manual data entry in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and services our clients through excel request forms and email. It allowed us to reduce duplication of effort and overtime hours for our team.

What do you dislike?

This system has glaring holes in its functionality and reliability. From the start our experience with the platform was riddled with errors and special development to workaround flaws in its design and "working as intended" functions.

Examples:

Review Module - allows users to provide markup on imagery and videos. These proofs can never be removed or archived. You cannot search through the proofs, sort columns by date, or even have an external email address review a proof. They have to exist in the platform as a registered user first. When a review is completed you get a generic completion email. It does not provide any information about the review status or any feedback or markup. Artists/Proofers will have to navigate through the system to the request, in to the proof, and then through two submenus in order to see whether the proof was approved/returned, etc.

Workflow/Job Management - Inputs are not sanitized. If there is a space in front of a text entered in to a dropdown field and then that field is used it will permanently interfere with filtering of requests. Workflow steps can be skipped at any point by anyone who has access to a job. This means the client can submit the request, skip every approval and review stage all the way to the end. There is no built in functionality that accurately tracks when a job has been submitted or completed. Forms also have hard limits on the number of fields that can be created. This means if you make one too many you cannot publish the update or any following ones without their support team taking the system down and manually removing any updates you have queue. There is no way to do this yourself. This also means that you cannot revert any changes if you have added them to the queue.

UI/UX - UI is often counter intuitive and does not offer 100% complete language localization. Modules can have completely different administrative interfaces and small nuances that are not consistent between each module. As for UX, we work with people that are not exactly computer proficient, but they understand computer basics. For these clients the system is obtuse and difficult to use. An example is that when you submit a request there is no confirmation that it has been submitted and this compounds on the fact that they can keep "submitting" and push the job through the workflow. Jobs have a built in email function, but the email is one way. If you email someone through the system their reply will get delivered to an unaccessible email address. There is no way to change this.

Reporting - Brandmaker utilizes JasperSoft Reports to handle MySQL database reporting. The integration is not complete and often crashes or times out with simple derived tables. All reports must be manually created by you or pay roughly a $200USD/hr "development" cost. We recommend having someone internally that is competent with MySQL in order to maintain reports. Brandmaker will not do that for you.

Lastly, the support staff are not even fully aware of how certain features work and after 3 years of using the system we still have 10+ unresolved technical support tickets. The office branch that supported us in the initial development disowned us in the past year and refuse to resolve support tickets we submit to them (being more knowledgeable about the issues) and repeatedly direct us to their corporate headquarters in Germany. We almost never get a response or a follow up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandmaker is one of the few marketing resource management systems out there that offers a variety of modules to support your needs. The modules however are not integrated with each other well and appear to be developed by independent teams within Brandmaker. There doesn't seem to be a lot of cross-communication as modules with the same settings can have completely different administrative UI/UX layouts.

Our major issues with the system are things that (you would think) would be common sense problems that would have been eliminated in earlier versions. As of version 5.9 there is no hard-stop in a workflow. A client can submit a request and push it through every stage of the workflow without approval.

Our team incorporated Brandmaker in order to condense all of our functions into a single system. This functions include blog-style news, request processing, proofing, self-created content, and asset management for users to retrieve pre-made content. At face value these benefits are realized, but at a cost to us internally that we have not truly netted any gain.

BrandMaker review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Still not sure about this product "

What do you like best?

I like the user interface. Everything is easily accessible. I use Facebook a lot so being able to link my business page....I love.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion there’s just not enough to work with. But for the pricing/trials it better than the nothing I had. Still could use some work. Make it more just interactive. There’s just not enough features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s easy to use. Very simple to navigate. I recommend it. Though I am still looking for the one product that wows me and meets all my needs. I was hoping for more animation, more social media plug-ins, better designing in the layout area. Better picture sharing, more media. Increasing these things or adding them would make this almost perfect for what I need. But with that being said Brand Maker has made the marketing side of business easier for me. I had nothing and didn’t know where to start. This was a big help.

Brand Maker helped me with marketing . I don’t have an IT team or tech Analyst so I do all the work myself. Marketing...getting my name out there was easier than I originally thought.

BrandMaker review by User

"Central asset repository"

What do you like best?

Our company implemented Media Pool as our central asset repository and the WebPublication Interface for seamless integration of our product catalog and brand archive. The BrandMaker solution quickly became an integral part of our marketing technology stack.

What do you dislike?

We haven't really experienced any substantial downsides of the solution, only a few internal challenges when changing ways of working which we anticipated. BrandMaker supported us in navigating those and making sure the user community was embraced and their requirements addressed and met.

BrandMaker Media Pool is a sophisticated asset management system offering rich functionality and is easy to integrate into a company's tech environment. Intuitive use has made adoption fast and has increased marketing's recognition across the organization.

BrandMaker review by Clark M.
Clark M.

"Brandmaker review"

What do you like best?

It is simple and very easy to use. Also provides all in one solutions to marketing needs.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest using it. it is simple and easy to use. Not difficult at all.

The benefits this product provides is easy to use marketing solutions for my company and also allows me to connect to other applications when needed.

BrandMaker review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"One stop shop solution "

What do you like best?

One stop shop solution, great planning and marketing tool. Once I got a professional to help me learn the basics I got the hang of it. Helped me save a lot of money.

What do you dislike?

A little complicated to use at first. I had to hire someone to help me use it for DK. But once I got the hang of it, it was easier to use. A few tech issues... but I mean it happens with any software. I do wish it wasn’t so expensive. But good software isn’t cheap lol

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the money get it.

Helps me manage assets and planning

BrandMaker review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"A good step for marketing"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool for any marketing team. You can manage all of the marketinf material from one platform. Extremely easy and time effective.

What do you dislike?

Is a bit on the expensive side but very worth it in the long run.

Marketing research, ability to connect with other systems.

BrandMaker review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Marketing Manager"

What do you like best?

Ability to see budgeting and committed dollars for the full year

What do you dislike?

It wasn't user-friendly and often was slow and challenging to find jobs that were completed and closed.

We were using BrandMaker as a means to keep track of budgets. Again, it was great to see the monthly breakouts, but I believe there are other platforms that are better and more efficient.

BrandMaker review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Terrible"

What do you like best?

Budget capabilities... has a good way of identifying planned vs. actual

What do you dislike?

Jobs module is completely separate, doesn't communicate with plans module... tons of double data entry for project management

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider EZ projects... what we are transitioning to

project management

BrandMaker review by Agency in Financial Services
Agency in Financial Services

"JLN Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and the implementation of the system was easy to learn

What do you dislike?

I liked everything about it especially the back office support

Benefits are the back office support

Learn more about BrandMaker

BrandMaker Videos

Learning about BrandMaker?

* We monitor all BrandMaker reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.