Brandwatch

Brandwatch

Brandwatch is a platform for social media monitoring, allowing you to analyse and utilise conversations from across the social web.

Work for Brandwatch?

Brandwatch Reviews

Ask Brandwatch a Question
Showing 135 Brandwatch reviews
Brandwatch review by <span>Karina C.</span>
Karina C.

"Excellent tool, GREAT team and big solutions"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Brandwacth is that it is simple and easy to use but with great results, allowing us to understand audiences, the perception of brands and many other things. The most interesting thing about this type of tool is that everyone can use it but the analysis and the use that will give the information will depend on the focus of the agency, for this it is very important to be aligned with the Account Manager to help us to reach our goals through the tool, Andres Velasquez has been a great support for the Raya team. Let's go for more!

What do you dislike?

Until now, I have no problem with the tool, if I would like to have regional reports more frequently.

It helps us to understand different audiences, detect opportunities in the category, communicational or commercial. In addition, it is the perfect ally to detect crises at the moment to react effectively.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brandwatch
Brandwatch review by <span>Jarad M.</span>
Jarad M.

"Powerful DIY Social Listening Tool"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is a very powerful social listening tool, and getting better all of the time. The breadth of the data it captures is impressive, and you are only limited in the tool by your own knowledge of how to use the system. Therefore, if you know how to create smart, tightly structured queries, how to create smart rules to help save manual search and filing, already have a set of keywords to plug in to your query, and know how to use the more advanced chart visualizations beyond the stock ones they provide, you should be in great shape.

The range of historical data, as well as the ability to access it in detail is a definite plus that puts them above competitors if you're looking for long-term historical trends.

What do you dislike?

As my likes may have hinted, if you've never used a social listening tool, there's a steep learning curve. Don't get me wrong, their customer service/account management is fantastic-- they take you through an initial training and are happy to answer any questions you have, but it's hard to articulate what you don't know, just starting out, so there's things I'm only learning how to do after a year of using the tool. I like to think of it as a very power shell/big data source. If you know exactly what data you're looking for and already have the necessary keywords to build a query, you can do great things. If not, it will be an uphill struggle at times.

Many of its competitors have "quick search" type functions that are great for new business pitches or other situations where you're starting from square 1, while Brandwatch does not.

Visualizations are serviceable, they are quite basic don't allow flexibility, so many times I end up exporting the data and creating my own in other tools.

Author/Influencer identification is an area that needs a lot of work. Its system is easily fooled by Twitter spam. When I used the same query and compared against its competitors, most of its competitors found the right authors/influencers for a topic, with much less spam accounts in the mix. It seems Brandwatch relies too heavily on Klout scores and other systems easy to cheat by bots.

I also spend a fair amount of time re-categorizing mis-filed sentiment markings.

Mention limits can be frustrating, especially since they are one of the only competitors that have a mention limit and use that as the basis for charging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandwatch is a great tool for social listening, especially if you already have experience with query building (using Boolean logic, are familiar with Operators, etc.), but sometimes things feel like they're harder than they need to be. Considering it's one of the most expensive products in its category, I would expect more features and functionality right out of the box, and to be far less DIY. And the product keeps adding new features all the time, so I think they're on the right track and only getting better, but still have some gaps.

If you're using it to monitor your brand's social presence only, or if you're in an agency and using it to monitor existing clients and provide reports to them, then this is a great tool and you're hard-pressed to find something better. But if you're wanting it more for new business and discovery, there are tools that do this much better, including Sysomos and Crimson Hexagon.

Brandwatch allows our company to do social listening for both existing clients, as well as for research on new business pitches. We've been able to provide clients and our sales team with vital info, such as share of voice, brand sentiment, as well as verbatims from customers and potential customers. It's important for a company and agencies to utilize social listening tools to make informed business decisions!

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Brandwatch review by <span>Liz V.</span>
Liz V.

"One of the best social listening tools for analytically minded users"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch's has a very friendly user interface with robust functionalities. I particularly like the way you can segment data (manually and automatically) using their Categories and Tags. I like the pre-set and customizable dashboards. My community management team relies on the Alerts functionality to stay current on trending conversations and potential crises.

What do you dislike?

Their data coverage is on-par with other social listening tools, though I really wish we were given better Facebook/Instagram data coverage. The new way in which they collect data from these platforms is dependent on the number of users who authenticate their profiles through the platform -- so small companies like mine are disadvantaged.

We successfully use Brandwatch across various departments/functions: Community Management, Social Media Performance, Competitive Audits, and identifying insight for our briefs. It allows us to be smarter about our clients' brands and closer to their social media audiences.

Brandwatch review by <span>Alison R.</span>
Alison R.

"Last year I said I recommend Brandwatch and this year I can say I still really love it!"

What do you like best?

• Super responsive service team and sales execs.

• Better insights--further above just listening than many other tools I've tried.

• The social media being mined is extensive, including the entire Twitter firehose and an absolutely huge and continuously growing set of common and uncommon social media sources.

• The querying is super-flexible resulting in more relevant results and the ability to isolate different pieces of your query by proximity within the text.

• Tons of metadata available behind each post to analyze the data by

• Complete and flexible dashboard, easy to share and administer

• Topic clouds are really topic clouds. That is, they mine for phrases instead of just words; ability to track topics over time.

• The roadmap and developing team is super creative, making improvements on a monthly basis and adding new features all the time

• Brandwatch includes social media and online news as well.

What do you dislike?

I really had to think hard to arrive at something I dislike. I sometimes wish I could see exactly what is being filtered out with the spam filter. I've never seen any spam in the results. I have another wish-for to be able to weight results by usage so Twitter isn't such a beast in my overall look. I supposed it's just a matter of time. Also wish for a larger number of characters available for the queries. Mostly just in case of exclusions for more common terms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've tried, tested and used a great many of these tools and this at the top for its' completeness. In addition, the innovation team is working on ways to really deliver the future of listening--and fast--with support to back it up.

We have been able to create social brand equity and customer experience frameworks that are highly repeatable and standardized.

Brandwatch review by <span>Muriel A.</span>
Muriel A.

"Un verdadero partner estratégico para el negocio"

What do you like best?

Luego de analizar las opciones en el mercado, la decisión estaba clara; Brandwatch era la herramienta correcta para integrar a nuestros procesos. ¡Y no nos equivocamos! La plataforma y el gran equipo humano tras ella, se han convertido en un verdadero y valioso partner para BBDO Chile.

What do you dislike?

Por el momento, no hemos tenido ningún problema con la herramienta ni con el equipo que nos apoya constantemente.

Nos ha posibilitado agilizar el trabajo y disminuir horas y horas de arduo trabajo. Nos ha ayudado a aumentar la calidad de todas las áreas de nuestra agencia; desde el monitoreo de Social Media, las investigación y estrategias hasta la misma creatividad.

Nos ha permitido generar un gran valor para la agencia, y por supuesto, para nuestros clientes.

Brandwatch review by <span>Ara Viviana G.</span>
Ara Viviana G.

"¡Mi experiencia con Brandwatch! 🤔"

What do you like best?

Muestra toda la info que otras plataformas no lo tienen, visualmente es llamativa y fácil de entender. 😊

Ademas, la facilidad que te da en entender y de manejo de la plataforma no cualquiera te lo da. Que tenga Facebook y su delate sea muy pequeño #EsPerfecto

What do you dislike?

% de menciones, pero con BW y menciones ilimitadas ¡YA NO PASA! . Las cuentas con más de 3 millones de followers no las puedo agregar yo misma 🙄 aquí entra soporte a solucionarlo pero seria más fácil y rápido que lo pueda hacer desde mi usuario.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben la atención, prueben dando un caso de ejemplo para que vean lo que puede hacer la herramienta para ustedes, en mi caso use otra plataforma naranja con azul y me resulto complicado su entendimiento y el alcance que puede tener. Monitorear a la competencia es esencial en el día a día, los influenciadores que apoyen en el crecimiento de la marca también, Brandwatch te permite tener toda esa información en un solo dashboard y ver realmente el alcance que tuvo esa campaña.

Optimización en tiempo real, mejor contenido, tendencias y crisis de marcas. 😌

Learn more about Brandwatch

Brandwatch Videos

Learning about Brandwatch?

* We monitor all Brandwatch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.