Brandwatch
Badge 1426538662

Brandwatch

70 9.4 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Brandwatch is one of the world’s leading platforms for social media monitoring, allowing you to analyse and utilise conversations from across the social web.

Brandwatch Reviews (70)

• • Results are returned instantly. • The social media being mined is extensive, including the entire Twitter firehose and an absolutely huge and continuously growing... Read More
    Alison R.
    Consultant in Market Research
  • Setting up queries is very easy and the tool comes a strong suite of operators for accurate taxonomy building. The new dashboard is also very good and easy to use and... Read More
    0 feyce7d6nwmslqdkf2xaedu6nwuvb8dk5heje20qwm75zxvxwummxuweslrexb2e6wyy5w3obgjg
    Nick O.
    Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising
Updated On

The most intelligent social listening tool in the market

What do you like best?

An excellent, intelligent social listening tool is one that constantly adapts to the needs of the user and adapts to the changes of social media and digital marketing. Brandwatch is that and more - I've tried several social listening and social monitoring tools in the past, but Brandwatch beats the competition out of the water. It's flexible, customisable, it's great for beginners and it appeases the advanced users who are always looking for more and more data; it's also the tool with the highest number of supported Boolean queries - something to keep in mind if you want to build really flexible and accurate social listening queries. I have several more reasons why I love Brandwatch - from their integration with other social and digital tools, to their regular platforms, from their impeccable sentiment analysis features, to their extra features and products (including social analytics and live social visualisations via Brandwatch Vizia), but one thing that makes me love them even...

What do you dislike?

I've thought long and hard about this and, honestly, there's nothing I don't dislike. Having said that, there's one thing missing - a Brandwatch app. I use Brandwatch both for my freelance work, my main work, my blogging, and personal reasons (e.g. finding mentions of my name in real-time). It would be great to have a view of all that on-the-go as well, via an app. Having said that, it's not a big deal-breaker - I've tried using Brandwatch on my phone and a few more times on my tablet and it works just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandwatch doesn't charge you per user, which means that you can have unlimited users. If you haven't started already, this is the time for you to advocate social listening across your business, and a tool that gives you the freedom to do that without incurring any unwanted charges is just perfect!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

One of the main problems I've been able to solve with the help of Brandwatch is correlation - so what you had spike in mentions last week? What caused it? So what you had a lot of mentions from a particular forum, more than usual? What caused that? Thanks to annotation and the ability to plot various metrics on the flexible Brandwatch graphs, I can easily identify what correlates and what causes spikes and/or dips, even before I export the data to Excel for a deep-dive. In fact, one of the benefits of Brandwatch is that, while I can keep some of the dashboards with basic and self-explanatory graphs based on the audience, I can also keep my "super dashboards" with all the metrics and widgets I need, and I can do all of my deep dives right from the dashboard. This leads me to the next problem I was able to solve thanks to Brandwatch - showing my various stakeholders that social listening (and social analytics in general) isn't daunting, it isn't boring, and just because it's often...

An Excellent Segmentation Tool

What do you like best?

Brandwatch not only has the best customer care and account mangers, it is great for when you really need to segment your audience. There are so many ways to analyze the data that the tool provides that many others don't. Another plus, is the ability to really see a story, rather than having to spend hours upon hours digging to determine what's going on. While there is a learning curve, I'm the first to admit that, once you get the hang of using Brandwatch it become second nature. But you will need to constantly use the tool or go thru one of the regularly scheduled training sessions to ensure you're continually using the tool according to best practices.

What do you dislike?

As I stated, there is a learning curve for using this tool. Even if you have experience with other tools, Brandwatch operates differently and it will take some getting used to. If you're looking for a simple monitoring solution, this is not it because of the time it takes to plan out how you want to pull and see the data. It really is more of a research tool in my opinion, than just social monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a tool for the more research focused agencies who have the time to spend learning and becoming an expert in its use. It is an extremely powerful tool and should be used

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We work with a number of different businesses doing everything from reputation management, campaign analysis, weekly and monthly reporting and even influencer segmentation. We've also done a number of studies involving SocioQual - which is a blending of social analytics and qualitative research (ethnography) to help our clients get a more vivid and contextual picture of who their customers are.

Brandwatch is the Cuisinart of Social Media Monitoring

What do you like best?

Ability to cut and dice verbatim by various keywords, tagging, categories, actions and rules - these are superior to what is generally available in this space.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike, but just a general comment about textual monitoring - it has its strengths but also its issue, people don't always talk about the behavior they are doing in a way where these will will be effective - especially in an age of visual social media - people are doing things and being in places where a text based approach will not detect the information that marketers most wanted to know. This is not Brandwatch's problem - its everyone's problem that uses text analytics to track the customer journey - that includes Radian6/Sysomos/Viralheat, and all the rest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Brandwatch has made all the right choices - when you look at what they have done in the last two - three years, its impressive - the adding of enterprise monitoring tools and command center capabilities along with acquiring PeerReach (for Influencer Tracking) tells me that Brandwatch is firmly committed to growing this space,

Telling too, is the expansion of the sales support and technical teams - when I first started working with Brandwatch (say, 7 years ago) they were pretty much only in Brighton, UK and Germany - whereas now they are all over the United States and in other countries as well.

Brandwatch also is winning contracts when they go up against their competitors fairly often. Of course, to understand which platforms to invest in, you really have to have a good grasp of what your trying to achieve with the platforms and how you will use them. I believe that those who would buy Brandwatch would of this group.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

There are a number of instances where Brandwatch has very helpful such finding influentials, understanding what they and others are saying, filtering out what what we don't to see in order to focus on what we do - has usually helped the brands we have looked at (via the Brandwatch microscope, so to speak) to gain insights that can result in marketing changes that help raise a brand's presence in their target markets.

A Social Web Crystal Ball

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is by far the most complete digital-social analytics tool, that is also a breeze where the learning curve is concerned. our clients are not always technology wizards or social media experts, so being able to easily integrate even the finest intel tools is not always so easy. We have in the past been reluctant to recommend tools for this reason. Brandwatch changed all that.

What do you dislike?

There is actually not a lot to "dislike" about the Brandwatch system. My only early concern was that the average person may not be able to perform some of the more complex functions. However, with some practice, and with the help of the great folks at Brandwatch, mastering even complex queries is fairly easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best tool in the space, by far. Suggest applying to simple cases first, then expanding your knowledge. Templates for success, as it were.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Brandwatch has boosted our capability to look deep inside analytics and mentions across the spectrum of the social-digital spectrum. From deep competitor analysis, to reporting our own marketing and PR efforts, Brandwatch affords us all the flexibility and tools we need. Just the reporting aspect, the ease of showing effectiveness, has saved us a lot of time and money, not to mention our having added business because of.

Validated Review

Social listening at it's finest

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is an enterprise level tool so it goes above and beyond a lot of tools out there.

You can create extremely powerful queries to improve your monitoring. This allows you to get extremely granular with your searches, meaning they are more accurate and you'll find mentions you probably wouldn't find with other tools.

It's straight forward to create dashboards which allow you to visualize the data and the new reporting functionality is incredible.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot to this tool which means you will have a learning curve if you want to use it effectively. But despite that you should expect a learning curve with any tool like this. You do have a team of people who can help you though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an extremely powerful tool so you have to be prepared to put the time in so you can use it effectively and learn your way around it. While it's easy to use there is still a learning curve involved. You need to be prepared for this and if you can allow for the time you'll definitely be able to use this to great effect.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Brandwatch has helped us to identify potential opportunities to grow our community and in turn grow our revenue. What we love is that we have been able to respond to social media mentions on the likes of Twitter from right within the platform itself. This is a huge time saver too.

So to summarize -

> Identify opportunities for marketing activities.

> Grow our revenue using those opportunities.

> Save time that we would spend filtering through results from less accurate tools.

Tags

* We monitor all Brandwatch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Brandwatch?