Brandwatch

Brandwatch

Brandwatch is a platform for social media monitoring, allowing you to analyse and utilise conversations from across the social web.

Work for Brandwatch?

Brandwatch Reviews

Ask Brandwatch a Question
Showing 154 Brandwatch reviews
Brandwatch review by <span>Nathalia N.</span>
Nathalia N.

"Best social intelligence tool, but also the best partners to support your business needs"

What do you like best?

I'm a huge fan of Brandwatch's capabilities of going deep into the research, filtering noise from the queries but also keeping in mind the usability and processes that the regular analyst goes through to uncover insights. The tool is adaptable, fast and very thorough.

What do you dislike?

As most of the tools, sometimes Brandwatch goes through instabilities to update queries or even load the dashboards. They fix it very fast though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Working for a Global Technology Business, I can tell you that we went through a very complex RFP process to select Brandwatch. They were the most capable vendor, both in terms of supporting an enterprise with a great platform, but also from a people perspective. Brandwatch's team is always there to support us and we see them as partners of our business - they are constantly looking for opportunties to improve and help us accelerate and achieve our goals.

Brandwatch allows us to connnect with the true voice of our customers in social media, getting a pulse of what's trending and the sentiment they have in regards to our brand. Also, from a sales perspective, we can assess a lot of opportunities and get insights from our top customers via Social Media Monitoring.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brandwatch
Brandwatch review by <span>Barbara A.</span>
Barbara A.

"Great tool and great partner"

What do you like best?

Having worked in Social Listening for the past 10 years, and having tested and used all the main tools out there, I can say that Brandwatch is absolutely among the best tools you could choose for social media intelligence.

I have used Brandwatch since 2016, every year I evaluate how it compares with the other players in the industry and so far Brandwatch has always proven to be the best choice for our needs.

Its main strengths are:

- User-friendly interface: from setting queries up to analysis of data, Brandwatch Analytics is very easy to use and intuitive. You don’t need to be an expert to create a query or setting up a dashboard.

- Advanced features: if you are an expert you’ll find a very flexible query builder with pretty much all the operators you need, lots of metadata to filter your data and several options to automate tagging and classification of mentions.

- Data visualization: Brandwatch offers several pre-built dashboard templates but you can also create your own dashboards and templates combining an always increasing set of charts and components.

- Alerts & Signals: it’s a feature that might be taken for granted but not all tools provide the necessary flexibility . With Brandwatch you can decide to be alerted whenever a product or event is mentioned, or only if the mention comes from relevant authors or sources. Moreover Signals will alert you on any change in your data set (a peak in volume, an increase of negative mentions, a particularly retweeted author or hashtag).

- Vizia: Brandwatch Vizia has been very useful to help us foster the data culture inside the company and bring real-time insights to the different teams.

- Customer service: from customer success to sales and product teams I've always felt that they are very dedicated in helping us make the most of the tools and really interested in knowing how to help and improve.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I would improve:

- Better coverage of some sources: reviews and YouTube comments for example

- Ability to access directly the complete Twitter Historical database

- Automated Sentiment, in particular for less spoken languages (i.e. Italian)

So far we have used Brandwatch to:

- Monitor and measure marketing campaigns

- Measure brand health

- Check influencers and testimonials reputation

- Find inspiration for content production (new trends, consumers doubts and concerns, etc)

- Drive innovation and product development

- Analyze the competition

- Prevent, monitor and manage potential issues and crisis.

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Brandwatch review by <span>Alejandra R.</span>
Alejandra R.

"Acceso a la información de forma fácil y rápido"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta es que puedo identificar tendencias en la conversación, conocer un poco más sobre las personas y saber como viven su día a día. No necesito sentarme con ellos para saber que les gusta o que no y lo puedo llevar a ámbitos laborales haciendo zoom a la conversación de marcas o categorías.

What do you dislike?

Me gustaría poder categorizar la información por rangos de edad, creo que esto seria un plus inmenso. También poder tener la data de facebook ya que en mi país es la red social de mayor interés " aunque entiendo las limitantes de la misma".

Recommendations to others considering the product

ninguna

Brandwatch nos permite hacer seguimiento constante de las diferentes categorías de productos que manejamos en la agencia, lo que nos permite tener un plus con los clientes. Así mismo nos permite hacer seguimientos de campañas puntuales y hacer modificaciones en cuanto a contenidos, teniendo en cuenta la reacción del publico en tiempo real.

Brandwatch review by <span>Kaylea B.</span>
Kaylea B.

"The best in social listening"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is truly second to none when it comes to social listening. I particularly love the ease of building Boolean queries, access to our account rep and the amount of data at our fingertips.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a quick widget to show total impressions/reach for the summary dashboard. Currently have to export data and calculate by hand. But that's not a major issue at all.

Only other thing is the ability to TRULY share dashboards. We have one that often requires data cleansing (by nature - it's a very broad topic that can only be narrowed down so far), and I need my team to be able to go in and cleanse it on their own. Problem is that the data can only be deleted and saved using my account since I'm the dashboard owner. People with analyst access should be able to more freely manipulate things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try to attend the DYK conference!! Learned SO much and was great to connect with the Brandwatch team and other users.

We're able to quickly and efficiently pull social insights, but we've also used Brandwatch to set up super customized alerts for clients dealing with crises or long-term issues. The ability to provide reports on both earned and owned is fantastic, and it's so easy to get up and running, allowing us to even pull insights for new business or visibility purposes on a dime.

Brandwatch review by <span>Simeon S.</span>
Simeon S.

"Experience with Brandwatch over the last 6 months "

What do you like best?

I have been working extensively with Brandwatch over the last 6 months for social media monitoring and live data visualization (Vizia).. The social listening capabilities are powerful, the data pulled through is relevant and easy to digest. It's a good platform to use both for more advanced users and absolute beginners. The interface is user-friendly and setting up dashboards/queries quick and simple. It's a great way to get quick, live insights into online conversation around your brand.

What do you dislike?

Sentiment analysis is hit and miss, as the platform struggles to pick up sarcasm and seems to associate certain words and phrases with positive/negative sentiment automatically, irrespective of context.

In audiences, more 'advanced' style setting should be made available to the user to allow more sophisticated segmentation.

This is not a dislike, I know it is a work in progress, but I also look forward to seeing more tiles/elements added within Vizia to allow even more integration with third party software.

We are much more aware of daily volumes (mentions), sentiment, audience breakdown on Twitter. Vizia has been useful for bringing our work to life and showcasing it around the office. People really do stop and look at the screen!

Brandwatch review by <span>Tara C.</span>
Tara C.

"I couldn't do my job without them"

What do you like best?

I've been a social media analyst for a decade and Brandwatch is the only tool that allows me to have complete flexibility and control of how the data is organised. It is superior to all other social listening tools in that respect. It's also miles ahead on innovation and giving beta access to clients. Influencer analysis and campaign analysis in particular are brilliant with Brandwatch. The rules function for creating auto-tagging and categories is really useful. We use these across all of our products and services to keep the data clear and organised.

What do you dislike?

I would love for everything to be included in my contract rather than having to bolt on additional products, services, and conference tickets, but I can see why this isn't done.

I don't like our current data cap either which doesn't allow us to track everything we'd want to. It would be great to be able to track major sporting events like The Olympics without having to worry about filtering it down to fit under the cap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get full trial access to the tools and know from the start what you want to know to do your job well.

Brand reputation, benchmarking, campaign monitoring. I've realised that out-of-the-box sentiment tracking isn't great for our brand, so Brandwatch is helping us to create bespoke sentiment rules. We can also easily benchmark across a wide range of topics using auto rules and tagging/categories within Groups.

Brandwatch review by <span>Inés G.</span>
Inés G.

"Excellent tool, excellent service"

What do you like best?

I´ve used Brandwatch since 2014. Every year I compare Brandwatch with others social intelligence platforms and every year Brandwach is the best platform for our agency.

For me, the best features are:

1. Easy to set up --> Is pretty easy to set up a project. It´s not necesary have advanced knowledge to set up a query.

2. Once the query is actived is really easy work with the data, specially when there are million of mentions.

3. Data Visualization and analysis --> The ability to update preferences and the interactive data charts, make very easy the analysis of the data

4. UX --> This is the key of Brandwatch, even when a query has a millions and millions of mentions with one clic is possible make a drill down and understand the context.

5. And finally the custome service --> I have an excellent account manager who is really commited to help us to grow.

What do you dislike?

1. Brandwatch has few templates of data visualization and also is possible create a template from blank, but I would like more templates with new ideas to analyse the data.

2. I would like more integrations with more data visualization tools as: Qlik, Tableau, Grow, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is hight because the price model is based in number of mentions.

- Bad reputation: With social listening is possible discover the bad reputation of a brand or person and make a better strategy

- Audiences Discovery

- Social Campaign Tracking

- Social Monitoring

- Social Intelligence

Brandwatch review by <span>Jacob C.</span>
Jacob C.

"Brandwatch is THE social listening tool"

What do you like best?

I've been using Brandwatch for nearly two years now and it's undoubtedly the best social listening tool I've ever used. Despite being the leader in this space, Brandwatch hasn't taken it's foot off the pedal - continually expanding functionalities and adding new features. It really seems like they value the feedback provided to them and use it to help shape the product.

I also love how manipulatable the tool is. While many tools out there provide a handful of ways to visualize the data, Brandwatch offers, what seems like, an endless amount of ways to segment the data. The filters available allow for the most granular perspective, which has provided my team with some of the most valuable insights.

The customer service we've received has been spectacular. As mentioned above, they truly act on the feedback we provide. The manager on our account is incredible - always responding with an answer or resolution in a timely manner. It feels more like a partnership rather than a vendor-client relationship.

What do you dislike?

Anything that hasn't matched their standard has been dealt with. However, I would like to see some improvement made within the sentiment measurement. Obviously a hard task to be 100% accurate when dealing with natural language processing, but I think there's definitely some room for improvement.

Also, when dealing with a query that's pulling in a lot of chatter (e.g. 1M mentions per month), you need to take a sample of the conversation, which still can take a pretty long time to run. Overall though, queries are processed very quick.

We use Brandwatch to uncover trends in topic areas that then assist with the development of content for our properties. Additionally, Brandwatch helps us monitor the conversation around the brands we work with so we can properly respond to RFPs.

Brandwatch review by <span>Karina C.</span>
Karina C.

"Excellent tool, GREAT team and big solutions"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Brandwacth is that it is simple and easy to use but with great results, allowing us to understand audiences, the perception of brands and many other things. The most interesting thing about this type of tool is that everyone can use it but the analysis and the use that will give the information will depend on the focus of the agency, for this it is very important to be aligned with the Account Manager to help us to reach our goals through the tool, Andres Velasquez has been a great support for the Raya team. Let's go for more!

What do you dislike?

Until now, I have no problem with the tool, if I would like to have regional reports more frequently.

It helps us to understand different audiences, detect opportunities in the category, communicational or commercial. In addition, it is the perfect ally to detect crises at the moment to react effectively.

Brandwatch review by <span>Jarad M.</span>
Jarad M.

"Powerful DIY Social Listening Tool"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is a very powerful social listening tool, and getting better all of the time. The breadth of the data it captures is impressive, and you are only limited in the tool by your own knowledge of how to use the system. Therefore, if you know how to create smart, tightly structured queries, how to create smart rules to help save manual search and filing, already have a set of keywords to plug in to your query, and know how to use the more advanced chart visualizations beyond the stock ones they provide, you should be in great shape.

The range of historical data, as well as the ability to access it in detail is a definite plus that puts them above competitors if you're looking for long-term historical trends.

What do you dislike?

As my likes may have hinted, if you've never used a social listening tool, there's a steep learning curve. Don't get me wrong, their customer service/account management is fantastic-- they take you through an initial training and are happy to answer any questions you have, but it's hard to articulate what you don't know, just starting out, so there's things I'm only learning how to do after a year of using the tool. I like to think of it as a very power shell/big data source. If you know exactly what data you're looking for and already have the necessary keywords to build a query, you can do great things. If not, it will be an uphill struggle at times.

Many of its competitors have "quick search" type functions that are great for new business pitches or other situations where you're starting from square 1, while Brandwatch does not.

Visualizations are serviceable, they are quite basic don't allow flexibility, so many times I end up exporting the data and creating my own in other tools.

Author/Influencer identification is an area that needs a lot of work. Its system is easily fooled by Twitter spam. When I used the same query and compared against its competitors, most of its competitors found the right authors/influencers for a topic, with much less spam accounts in the mix. It seems Brandwatch relies too heavily on Klout scores and other systems easy to cheat by bots.

I also spend a fair amount of time re-categorizing mis-filed sentiment markings.

Mention limits can be frustrating, especially since they are one of the only competitors that have a mention limit and use that as the basis for charging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandwatch is a great tool for social listening, especially if you already have experience with query building (using Boolean logic, are familiar with Operators, etc.), but sometimes things feel like they're harder than they need to be. Considering it's one of the most expensive products in its category, I would expect more features and functionality right out of the box, and to be far less DIY. And the product keeps adding new features all the time, so I think they're on the right track and only getting better, but still have some gaps.

If you're using it to monitor your brand's social presence only, or if you're in an agency and using it to monitor existing clients and provide reports to them, then this is a great tool and you're hard-pressed to find something better. But if you're wanting it more for new business and discovery, there are tools that do this much better, including Sysomos and Crimson Hexagon.

Brandwatch allows our company to do social listening for both existing clients, as well as for research on new business pitches. We've been able to provide clients and our sales team with vital info, such as share of voice, brand sentiment, as well as verbatims from customers and potential customers. It's important for a company and agencies to utilize social listening tools to make informed business decisions!

Brandwatch review by <span>Lisa G.</span>
Lisa G.

"Brandwatch simplifies the process of aggregating and displaying social intelligence."

What do you like best?

I love how Brandwatch continues to improve and evolve almost weekly. It has become more simplified, yet robust at the same time. From analytics to Visual Intelligence Brandwatch holds the bar very high when compared to competitors in the industry. I've been active in all levels of social listening to social intelligence over the last 10 years. Having used multiple social listening technologies, Brandwatch is far superior to the others.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about the technology, perhaps it's this question?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandwatch is leading the industry in social listening and social intelligence. Great product, great people, continued growth, all of this equals success!

I personally am working on a high priority project blending Social Voice of The Customer and Social NPS with internal programs. The results thus far have been spectacular.

Brandwatch review by <span>Liz V.</span>
Liz V.

"One of the best social listening tools for analytically minded users"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch's has a very friendly user interface with robust functionalities. I particularly like the way you can segment data (manually and automatically) using their Categories and Tags. I like the pre-set and customizable dashboards. My community management team relies on the Alerts functionality to stay current on trending conversations and potential crises.

What do you dislike?

Their data coverage is on-par with other social listening tools, though I really wish we were given better Facebook/Instagram data coverage. The new way in which they collect data from these platforms is dependent on the number of users who authenticate their profiles through the platform -- so small companies like mine are disadvantaged.

We successfully use Brandwatch across various departments/functions: Community Management, Social Media Performance, Competitive Audits, and identifying insight for our briefs. It allows us to be smarter about our clients' brands and closer to their social media audiences.

Brandwatch review by <span>Alison R.</span>
Alison R.

"Last year I said I recommend Brandwatch and this year I can say I still really love it!"

What do you like best?

• Super responsive service team and sales execs.

• Better insights--further above just listening than many other tools I've tried.

• The social media being mined is extensive, including the entire Twitter firehose and an absolutely huge and continuously growing set of common and uncommon social media sources.

• The querying is super-flexible resulting in more relevant results and the ability to isolate different pieces of your query by proximity within the text.

• Tons of metadata available behind each post to analyze the data by

• Complete and flexible dashboard, easy to share and administer

• Topic clouds are really topic clouds. That is, they mine for phrases instead of just words; ability to track topics over time.

• The roadmap and developing team is super creative, making improvements on a monthly basis and adding new features all the time

• Brandwatch includes social media and online news as well.

What do you dislike?

I really had to think hard to arrive at something I dislike. I sometimes wish I could see exactly what is being filtered out with the spam filter. I've never seen any spam in the results. I have another wish-for to be able to weight results by usage so Twitter isn't such a beast in my overall look. I supposed it's just a matter of time. Also wish for a larger number of characters available for the queries. Mostly just in case of exclusions for more common terms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've tried, tested and used a great many of these tools and this at the top for its' completeness. In addition, the innovation team is working on ways to really deliver the future of listening--and fast--with support to back it up.

We have been able to create social brand equity and customer experience frameworks that are highly repeatable and standardized.

Brandwatch review by <span>Muriel A.</span>
Muriel A.

"Un verdadero partner estratégico para el negocio"

What do you like best?

Luego de analizar las opciones en el mercado, la decisión estaba clara; Brandwatch era la herramienta correcta para integrar a nuestros procesos. ¡Y no nos equivocamos! La plataforma y el gran equipo humano tras ella, se han convertido en un verdadero y valioso partner para BBDO Chile.

What do you dislike?

Por el momento, no hemos tenido ningún problema con la herramienta ni con el equipo que nos apoya constantemente.

Nos ha posibilitado agilizar el trabajo y disminuir horas y horas de arduo trabajo. Nos ha ayudado a aumentar la calidad de todas las áreas de nuestra agencia; desde el monitoreo de Social Media, las investigación y estrategias hasta la misma creatividad.

Nos ha permitido generar un gran valor para la agencia, y por supuesto, para nuestros clientes.

Brandwatch review by <span>Diana G.</span>
Diana G.

"Heavy user for 3 years"

What do you like best?

The openness and flexibility of the tool. You have a huge variety to build your own components. The insight examples are also a good help when approaching a new topic. The coverage of sources is huge!

What do you dislike?

Some metrics, like Impact are not transparent enough. In the way it is calculated you cannot compare the Twitter Impact to the Facebook Impact. Some UX things can be improved. A paid-prediction algorithm would be super nice. Social Bakers has that. In general for "social media tool beginners" Brandwatch can be quite complex and overwhelming. The sentiment algorithm is very often just a no-brainer but that's the same with every other tool.

Lots of social listening for pitches to analyze and find out discussed topics. Ok overview for channel performance (but there are better tools). The huge benefit is basically that you can do qualitative analyses but using big data as a base.

Brandwatch review by <span>Victoria C.</span>
Victoria C.

"Great for Social Listening - Just not for Canadian-only Results"

What do you like best?

Their support team was really helpful - always. It is pretty user friendly and can provide so much data that can help inform your business decisions.

What do you dislike?

One of the only things I didn't like was that it was difficult to limit results only to Canada. The act of it was simple (writing location as Canada in the query) but results were often missed as it automatically ruled out anyone with "no" listed location on social, thus ruling out a lot of our Canadian results. If Brandwatch could figure out a way around this or identify locations another way, that would be very helpful. I also found it very geared towards Twitter, which is becoming an irrelevant or insignificant platform for a lot of Consumer/Lifestyle Campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, if you don't have to target your campaigns (and results) to Canada-only.

Social listening and influencer identification.

Brandwatch review by <span>Ara Viviana G.</span>
Ara Viviana G.

"¡Mi experiencia con Brandwatch! 🤔"

What do you like best?

Muestra toda la info que otras plataformas no lo tienen, visualmente es llamativa y fácil de entender. 😊

Ademas, la facilidad que te da en entender y de manejo de la plataforma no cualquiera te lo da. Que tenga Facebook y su delate sea muy pequeño #EsPerfecto

What do you dislike?

% de menciones, pero con BW y menciones ilimitadas ¡YA NO PASA! . Las cuentas con más de 3 millones de followers no las puedo agregar yo misma 🙄 aquí entra soporte a solucionarlo pero seria más fácil y rápido que lo pueda hacer desde mi usuario.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben la atención, prueben dando un caso de ejemplo para que vean lo que puede hacer la herramienta para ustedes, en mi caso use otra plataforma naranja con azul y me resulto complicado su entendimiento y el alcance que puede tener. Monitorear a la competencia es esencial en el día a día, los influenciadores que apoyen en el crecimiento de la marca también, Brandwatch te permite tener toda esa información en un solo dashboard y ver realmente el alcance que tuvo esa campaña.

Optimización en tiempo real, mejor contenido, tendencias y crisis de marcas. 😌

Brandwatch review by <span>PABLO V.</span>
PABLO V.

"A great tool to take decisions based on the share of voice and competitors insights"

What do you like best?

With this tool it´s very easy to configure the searches and to reuse this configuration or part of it in new searches in order to save time. The dashboard configuration is very flexible and you can personalize each of the widgets according to your business goals. Furthermore it provides an easy integration with Hootsuite.

What do you dislike?

It has not a native integration with a CRM, so it is not the best solution if your goal is to enrich the data of your client data base, to improve the customer experience or the effectiveness of your campaign automation process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s a good tool both for starting the first steps managing the brand reputation based because it is very user friebdly and for going ahead towards complex brand strategies based in share of voice. You have to bear in mind that it is not a cheap one.

It is definitely one of the best tools to analyze your brand reputation and obtain dashboards and reports that measure your position related to your competitors. It is very effective and quick crawling the Internet and detecting relevant issues. It has very useful kpi’s and functionalities to communicate alerts. The license´s price is good when required high volume of mentions.

Brandwatch review by <span>Tom S.</span>
Tom S.

"Great all-around tool that's always improving"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch's UI is straightforward and makes onboarding relatively easy compared to some other tools. There's something for everybody when it comes to social listening & online media analysis.

Brandwatch also has great support, and they're always making progress on their product roadmap.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features/components seem to be less accurate than others, though they've made big improvements to features like Topic Clouds and Sentiment analysis.

Analyzing trends / topics that are popular in social conversation

Competitive share of voice analysis for clients & their competitors

Identifying influencers with Brandwatch Audiences, gathering demographic information about our client's Twitter followers

Brandwatch review by <span>Sedale M.</span>
Sedale M.

"One of the best of the best"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch gives you all the tools you need to be successful in one place. There's very little that Brandwatch can't do and even then, there's a way to accomplish it on the platform. The other thing is the team itself is very good about helping analysts use the platform better.

What do you dislike?

The only conceivable issue might be the price? Honestly, just posting here because I need to, I don't personally have any issues. I suppose the other could be maybe adding more video tutorials/how-to's on using the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least have the conversation with the team. You never know what might be useful!

I solved all of my business problems with Brandwatch. It gives you a very clear picture of what's going on and what you need to know to be successful on the tool.

Brandwatch review by <span>Diego C.</span>
Diego C.

"El poder de la comunicación digital en tus manos y en tiempo real"

What do you like best?

Hace unos años pensar en una herramienta como BrandWatch era inimaginable, pensar en que se podrían analizar las conversaciones digitales a cualquier nivel y en tiempo real era reto muy difícil. Hoy es posible gracias a esta herramienta que te da acceso a una nueva era en la comunicación y en la investigación de mercados. Por primera vez podemos escuchar a nuestros clientes y conocer realmente nuestra empresa.

What do you dislike?

Para sacar todo el potencial de la herramienta tiene un nivel de complejidad importante y una curva de aprendizaje de semanas o meses que te obliga a estar en constante investigación y formación.

Recommendations to others considering the product

El verdadero potencial de la herramienta está en ser capaz de hacerte preguntas y buscar la calidad de la restaurante a través de la monitorización y la gestión de las conversaciones en BrandWatch.

Hazte preguntas sobre tu empresa o tus clients y busca la respuesta en BrandWatch.

BrandWath es una herramienta que es capaz de contestar a preguntas que cualquier empresa pueda hacerse sobre sus clientes, su marca, su mercado, su competencia, etc...La investigación de la información digital y de las conversaciones permite acceder a un conocimiento de tu empresa desde diferentes visiones que supone una nueva realidad para el mundo empresarial, nunca antes habíamos accedido a esta información de un forma directa, humana y en tiempo real. Ser capaz de analizar y estructurar esta información en el reto que te plantea esta utilidad.

Brandwatch review by <span>Ravinshu S.</span>
Ravinshu S.

"Most comprehensive social listening tool"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch provides most amount of metadata per mention giving the ability to analyze in maximum possible ways for the same set of mentions

What do you dislike?

It doesn't give engagement rates which is farely easy to calculate. Brandwatch should definitely introduce engagement rates

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, if you are looking for the most comprehensive and enterprise-grade social listening tool. You will only face challenges if you want a lot of metrics around engagement time or Linkedin

We use it to track our clients' social campaigns and how are they doing vs their peers. We are able to get better ROI during the campaign as we tweek the campaigns basis listening reports

Brandwatch review by <span>Jonathan L.</span>
Jonathan L.

"Powerful analytics tools & visualizatoin features; lacks full coverage of historical data"

What do you like best?

The query wizard is particularly helpful to start a query and then customize it to your needs & wants. This saves our team tons of time and provides a very friendly user interface that guides you through a step by step process.

I also find the pre-made queries & dashboards (Brandwatch Insights) to be super valuable because they are produced by Brandwatch experts - these often give our team inspiration and guidance to try different query formats/dashboards, etc.

Finally, the rules and category feature which enables you to "stamp" mentions in bulk with your own syntax and groupings is powerful and leads to fruitful analysis and deep insights.

What do you dislike?

Lack of historical data; Brandwatch will only store mentions in their archive that were gathered by previous queries. This means that if you want full 100% coverage in historical data, you need to purchase an add-on.

We use Brandwatch to quickly gather customer intelligence, spot social trends, identify influencers and learn about industries or consumer groups that we have little previous knowledge about.

From a benefits perspective, I haven't encountered an assignment where Brandwatch failed to deliver the social intelligence we sought.

Brandwatch review by <span>Andrew D.</span>
Andrew D.

"An analysts Tool - Endless Pools of Data to Dive into"

What do you like best?

Over my tenure in digital I have had the opportunity to see a number of listening services come and go, their grave error is that while they look nice, they don't provide the utility you pay out the nose for. Brandwatch has always been a tool that allows me to dive into data, with an endless way to shape, cut, and display the data, Brandwatch truly is an analysts tool. Radian6 and other popular tools are for everyday users to develop a big picture, Brandwatch is for the regular digital practitioner who is genuinely interested in protecting reputations, tracking a campaign, etc. Moreover its framework is built in such a way that your results are only limited by your imagination. There are no shiny bells and whistles, it does what it promises and does that each time you ask it to.

What do you dislike?

Ugh, what I dislike about Brandwatch I dislike about most listening programs, their data is generally incomplete. Without proper access to certain data streams all listening services are, in some effect, only taking statistically relevant samples. However, the industry as a whole is handicapped in this way, therefore I can rest assured that the differentiator lies within the UX which Brandwatch has in spades.

Business problems include:

Conversation audits

Reputation management

Crisis Management

etc.

Its only limits are your imagination (corny but true).

Brandwatch review by <span>Naheed S.</span>
Naheed S.

"The comprehensive filtering puts the power in your hands"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch's strongest feature is the ability to filter your data in (almost) unlimited ways. The filtering capabilities put the power in the hands of the user, who can find the exact conversations worth finding. This feature removes the restrictions other platforms have in only letting you chop up the data their way.

If you are a savvy social marketer, you will be able to find unique insights about your topic and audience in minutes. The second best feature? Brandwatch's talented team will gladly help you achieve your goals for the platform.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the geographical audience information is not 100% accurate. Brandwatch has a good roadmap and vision for the future of social media monitoring so I am hopeful that this will be addressed as new technology emerges.

As a social media marketer at a marketing agency, I use Brandwatch to find relevant conversations my clients' audience are having about products, services and industry trends. Since Twitter is a firehose of information, Brandwatch allows us to listen to our audience and learn what their pain points are, without having to sift through tonnes of mentions.

Combined with the social analytics in the platform, we are able to find unique insights about certain topics and measure them against growth and social engagement for our clients.

Brandwatch review by <span>Aston H.</span>
Aston H.

"Great for analysis setup, but other issues prevent it from real analysis"

What do you like best?

Ability to create custom dashboards and segment the data in various ways. Also, there's some ability to integrate other data streams from tools such as hootsuite to pull in that data.

What do you dislike?

The data analysis in the tool is not at all intuitive compared to other social listening tools. To get to real topic segmentation analysis, you're only allowed to go through pages and select up to 100 posts at a time to segment, or mass groups of similar phrases together and call them a topic (but the latter means much less accuracy in topic segmentation). Not too mention historical data can be a hit or miss, now that they charge to get 100% historical data on top of what you pay for their limited amount of mentions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use for it's integration ability and ability to create custom dashboards, but use other tools for their ease to analyze data

Using the tool as a part of a larger methodology to help predict sales. At it's minimum, it can track social signals, but I can't rely on it for much more than that.

Brandwatch review by <span>Nirmala J.</span>
Nirmala J.

"Very interactive and comprehensible platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to work with. I like the idea of being able to see the sentiments in the form of coloured bars next to the topic when viewing mentions in the form of 'snippets'. I also like the flexibility of being able to change things (date, sentiments, etc) within individual components of the mentions data as well as making changes to the whole data. I also like how accurately the mentions data is pulled minimising the need for data cleansing by the user.

What do you dislike?

The sentiments are not always accurate and when viewing mentions data in a table form, there is no indication of sentiments (unlike the colour bars on the snippets) unless I click on each individual post. Apart from that it would be nice to have a new page opened when filtering data by keywords/sentiments while keeping the original unfiltered data untouched. Currently the changes are made within the same page and it gets a bit difficult to track where the changes have been made.

I am looking at conversations within social media where our clients are directly mentioned. I realise that a number of issues within businesses cannot be identified directly unless talking to consumers who have made use of the goods and services of the business, and social media platforms seem to be a portal to identifying areas of improvement within businesses.

Brandwatch review by <span>Derek L.</span>
Derek L.

"Would definitely recommend!"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch has an easy to use dashboard layout, that makes it quick and simple to start parsing data (particularly if you're you're not an analytical wizard!) - however what I like best is the collaborative approach that brandwatch take in terms of taking time to understand the business, your ongoing needs and their flexibility in adapting to that.

What do you dislike?

I dislike writing queries, although the continuing development of the query wizrd is making this easier all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you attend the events they host - the NYK conference is a great opportunity to see how other organisations are using brandwatch and get to hear from leading experts about how you can enhance your business

Benefits include being able to provide real time insight from an incident management perspective as well as feed in insight around wider industry conversations to inform strategy.

Brandwatch review by <span>Yulia Y.</span>
Yulia Y.

"Great tool, but poor customer service"

What do you like best?

The query is amazing. You can pre-clean the data you are going to get and that assures you to get the mentions related to your topic. That helps saving time and money, because you won't have to delete the mentions and the quantity of mentions are going to be directly related to the theme.

The alerts and signals are very helpful during crisis, and I love the alerts by specific author, as there are a lot of different detractors and we can assign the answer to a specific team member, depending on the topic covered.

It is really useful for political campaigns. Vizia is amazing during debates or conferences, because we can observe the conversation generated around particular topics and try to defend/develop points of views during the debate, and the team can work on the answers to all the questions generated during the talks and predict other questions that could be generated afterwords.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, billing and Facebook connection.

Customer service: we would like to have a better approach to our requests. When the platform lost its connection with Facebook (and it happened a lot) the only answer we got was: sorry, we are working on it. But we lost clients because of the promise we broke, we couldn't get them real time data. On the other hand, they should be more flexible. I understand that they generate annual contract by maximum amount of mentions, but what if we are underusing the capacity? They should charge for the mentions used and not charge the maximum capacity of mentions, mainly because of political campaigns, which have their up and downs.

Any changes in contract and billing was a challenge. You can go up, but can't go down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the contract and platform limitations (like Facebook access or specific website that could be connected).

We were able to prevent bigger crisis by watching closely the audience conversations. It is really useful to create content around different kind of topics we would like to monitor. On the other hand it helps to customer service team, as it keeps track on every mention generated by unique authors.

We could see the reach of the mentions generated by different influencers and that helps to direct the campaign depending on the topic that reached the most audience.

Brandwatch review by <span>Kaylea N.</span>
Kaylea N.

"Great for social listening"

What do you like best?

What I like most is the ability to craft complex Boolean queries to target exactly the kind of content I'm looking to pull.

What do you dislike?

Only the dashboard creator can delete mentions on any given dashboard. Inconvenient when I have multiple people working on the same project, and only one of us can delete irrelevant mentions, spam, etc. Requires extra work we wouldn't otherwise have to worry about if everyone could delete, and possible issues with deletion could easily be remedied if you could somehow review deleted posts or unhide them.

We're able to quickly craft queries and pull online data from far more sources than we could with our previous vendor. The platform has robust historical Twitter data and is also reliable when it comes to public Facebook data, Instagram, forums, YouTube, etc.

Brandwatch review by User

"A Valuable Component of our Toolstack"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of Brandwatch. It can be used for many purposes including, but not limited to, crisis monitoring, trend analysis, audience identification and much more. It solves for the majority of my team's analytical needs. I also appreciate the customer support that accompanies the tool - it's top notch especially compared to other solutions in the space.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike! If anything, just the occasional glitch.

Crisis monitoring, trend analysis and audience identification are the main business use cases. Brandwatch helps us to track what is being said about our company & all of our brands, dive deeper into certain topics, and understand the audience of people who are discussing these topics online.

Brandwatch review by <span>Jordan M.</span>
Jordan M.

"The Rolls Royce of social intelligence"

What do you like best?

I can always rely on Brandwatch to tell me what I need to know. I can make informed decisions and there's always a surprise waiting for me too. Pure, clean and brilliant intelligence at the touch of a button. It doesn't get much better than that.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we're not as fast as Brandwatch and we forget to build queries before we need them, I know historical data is getting easier to request and use, but still.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The little start-up that made it big. Just meet some of the team and find out about Amy Collins's vision for the product, that should help quash your fears.

It's impact stretched beyond MarComms through to Data Science, Policy and Governance. Social intelligence is intrinsic to our transformation, we're just scratching the surface but there's lots to learn.

Brandwatch review by <span>Patrick G.</span>
Patrick G.

"Amazing social listening and intelligence platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to parse social data in pretty much any way you can imagine has no competition. I've used this product at two different companies and would always gravitate toward it first.

What do you dislike?

It's the Cadillac of social tools and it's not for everyone. It also makes training challenging for those who are not as technically saavy.

Identifying influencers; discovering customer service opportunities; understanding brand relevance and affinity; competitive intelligence (and this is just the tip of the iceberg).

Brandwatch review by <span>Stephen J.</span>
Stephen J.

"Long-time Brandwatch user review"

What do you like best?

I like the easy set-up and query building capabilities. Good charts and Twitter metrics offered.

What do you dislike?

Poor Facebook coverage. Lack of communication on key issues (Facebook crawling issue). Lack of coverage for major platforms like Instagram. Rigid automated reporting, data exports. Comments are not covered in data volumes. Poor automated sentiment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandwatch is a great tool to do social media data analysis. But they have slowed down their innovation in the past couple of years. They have not added substantial upgrade to their features. They have not improved their coverage of existing or new platforms. Its a good tool to do basic data analysis for Twitter and news/blogs.

We monitor online reputation. We are able to spot on time PR crisis and negative viral stories about the brand.

Brandwatch review by <span>James B.</span>
James B.

"The Best Social Analytics Tool Out There"

What do you like best?

Customer service: When things to do get a little complicated or if we encounter issues, the Brandwatch team is always there to help at the click of a button.

Ease of use: I first started using Brandwatch in 2012 and even as a beginner to the world of social analytics, I found understanding the tool to be fairly straight forward. The learning process has continued since then.

In depth analysis - the ability to track and delve deeper into the social conversations surrounding our clients has proven to be invaluable for our line of work.

New features: From Rules to Query Wizard, each time a new feature is added, our jobs become much less stressful.

What do you dislike?

Social data from the likes of Facebook can be quite limited - however, this is not a Brandwatch issue, but a Facebook one.

Some of the default graphics don't always suit our branding and there isn't a customisation feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to call your account manager. They know the product extremely well. Ask questions and use the online support guides.

The new Query Wizard is a fantastic addition to those new to Brandwatch's boolean.

Helping our client's understand their audience is one of the main pillars of our business. Without Brandwatch we'd be relying on inferior products.

Brandwatch review by Administrator

"One Tool. Many Features. Tons of Data. "

What do you like best?

1) 100+ million open public data sources; new Lexis-Nexis paid integration brings in pay-walled data.

2) Professional and detail-oriented customer success team.

3) The tools UX was redesigned and looks better than ever; new widgets are helpful, too.

4) Export functionality makes it easy to use the data outside of the tool.

5) Alerts/Signals enhances situational awareness about your data sources or segments.

6) Troubleshooting requests answered swiftly.

7) Their new learning hub makes it easy to on-board new users and continue developing your core users.

8) Product development - The team continues to role out new widgets and updates to the platform.

9) The Brandwatch Now You Know conference gives you an opportunity to connect with the community and expand your horizons about leveraging the tool.

10) Vizia displays designed for open, high-traffic areas look clean, professional, and always evolve to meet the customer's needs.

What do you dislike?

The tool lacks a robust unstructured NLP model feature. This feature requires an additional paid service via a partner vendor. Given the nature of social data semantics, this NLP feature should come standard. Sentiment remains a tricky KPI for the entire industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test everything, especially the data loads and time stamps. Visit their annual conference to gain better insight into the platform.

Brand reputation monitoring, process improvement, product research, and various other use-cases. Our business partners enjoy the dynamic features and access to broad data-sources used to help answer their business questions. The alerts/signals feature definitely adds value to our core users, although some partners prefer this feature over visiting a previously setup dashboard.

Brandwatch review by <span>Gustavo V.</span>
Gustavo V.

"I use brandwatch for social data research focused on voice of customer and industry research."

What do you like best?

The query functionality is great and provides a lot of operators that can be combined to optimize the search and find the best results.

What do you dislike?

It could be optimized for relevant sources. There's a lot of times that the search brings results with the keywords we want but with tons of sources that are not really relevant in the digital space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate if you really need Vizia, which is the feature for Command Center. Although really interesting and cool, it won't be necessary for a really good data analysis.

Understanding customer feedback, and providing insights to the business aiming to improve the customer experience overall, and also product optimization and development.

Brandwatch review by <span>Fiona S.</span>
Fiona S.

"Brandwatch is easy to use and provides an effective way of locating large quantities of data. "

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is user-friendly. The table view gives you a good overview of specific pieces of data. The topic cloud function is helpful for identifying key pieces of data and stories. Links to data (e.g. to specific tweets) are clearly placed, making them easy to access.

What do you dislike?

The data can sometimes take a long time to load and the sentiment function could be more accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandwatch is easy to use and an efficient way or organising large quantities of data. I would recommend it to others.

Brandwatch enables us to collect large amounts of data relating to specific brands and/or topics. The ability to narrow down these large quantities of data by topic through the topic cloud helps us to effectively organise data and produce clear, well-structured research for clients.

Brandwatch review by <span>Sam K.</span>
Sam K.

"User friendly, intuitive product "

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is incredibly easy to use, whilst being an in depth, powerful tool. The interface is aesthetically pleasing, and data is displayed in a simple and effective way.

My experience with the customer service team has been very positive.

What do you dislike?

For my usage - influencer identification and key word tracking - I have had no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an intuitive, powerful tool to identify influencers and give you a wide range of social media analytics, Brandwatch is for you.

Influencer Identification - Brandwatch enabled us to quickly and easily access I large number of influencers relevant to our field.

Tracking campaign involvement - there are simple ways to track hashtags / key words, to see who has been talking about our campaign.

Brandwatch review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Best-in-class social listening tool...So far"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch has very advanced boolean operators that allow you to parse and analyze social listening data on a very granular level. Compared to other "social listening products" such as Sprinklr, BW actually allows for proper analysis of social data as opposed to just viewing data on an aggregate level. This allows for deep insights and segmentation of data for proper decision making, especially if you have a newsroom set-up.

There's a constant innovation pipeline with Brandwatch that makes the product more sophisticated every year. In some cases, if your brand is very active in social, BW can be structured with proxies that are good indicators of brand and business performance. This not typically the case with other social listening tools that only offer insights and deep enough to measure campaign and program performance.

What do you dislike?

Brandwatch can have a steep learning curve given that it is a proper analytics tool. Boolean operators that are custom to the platform can take some time getting used to. This list keeps getting longer each as its capabilities expand, however, they offer free masterclasses to customers and partners which is an added bonus. Typically as a customer we'd just hire their team of data scientists to help analyze the data if we're in a time crunch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have a proper team of analyst or data scientist on board that can properly use the tool. It's very powerful if you have the right people on your team as opposed to just using it for its basic functions.

Buzz monitoring, campaign insights, brand performance tracking. Crisis management.

Brandwatch review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Brandwatch es la solución de Social Monitoring más completa del mercado."

What do you like best?

Destacaría como aspecto clave la capacidad de personalización de la herramienta.

Brandwatch es muy flexible, lo que permite descubrir la información que necesitas sin restricciones mediante diversas funcionalidades para el análisis tales como filtros avanzados, etiquetas y categorías, alertas, gráficos ad-hoc, análisis de temas, sentimiento, y muchas opciones más de gestión de datos.

What do you dislike?

No se integra como tal con CRM's.

Todos las compañías de CRM referentes en el mercado (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, etc.) ya tienen herramientas de Social Monitoring y están empezando a integrarlas con el resto de sus productos de gestión de clientes, y eso hace que su potencial sea más elevado a la hora de integrar los datos de monitorización con los datos de los clientes.

Detección de tendencias en el sector, monitorización de la marca, análisis de quejas para su posterior actuación, realización de observatorios de la competencia y análisis de información relevante para departamentos de seguridad y prevención de riesgos.

Brandwatch review by <span>Anna J.</span>
Anna J.

"Great software for monitoring your social media and doing research on it"

What do you like best?

First of all, the software is incredibly easy to use and the team at Brandwatch are always happy to help if there is anything you need help with or don't understand.

We specifically used the software for doing research about discrimination online, and found it easy to create graphs, real-time data and adapt the software in a way that suited us and our needs. The data generated was so good that we could release it to the press and get some good publicity around it, which never would have been a possibility without the Brandwatch tool and assistance from the staff.

What do you dislike?

We needed to do a lot of clean-up around the data generated, to ensure we were getting the correct figures which was time-consuming. But as the details of our research was so specific (looking for abuse aimed at footballers online), this would have been the case with any tool used and we received a lot of help from staff at Brandwatch to ensure we had the most correct data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it, as I found it easy to use and Brandwatch a very professional and helpful company, with innovation and forward thinking at their core.

We weren't solving a problem as such, but wanted to know the scale of the problem of abuse online in football and Brandwatch helped us doing that in a quantitative and detailed way. And the benefits for us was that once our queries had been set up by Brandwatch, it was then easy for us to play around with the figures, updating the queries and accessing the stats that were helpful for us. And I think this is one of the main benefits with Brandwatch, it is user-friendly even for someone who might not have the biggest understanding in the digital field.

Brandwatch review by <span>Matthias E.</span>
Matthias E.

"Excellent and intuitive"

What do you like best?

I love the capacity to monitor social media channel from way back in the time. The chance to filter in so many different ways, and the full time 24/7 support is algo excellent.

What do you dislike?

Although the system is very intuitive, there's been a couple of opportunities that I didn't save my work and lost it when closing the window. There would be great to have a mobile app or a desktop software.

I monitor political Twitter accounts to research mainly on digital diplomacy.

BrandWatch helps me a lot in systematizing the information and put it in a way that the general public can understand it.

Brandwatch review by <span>Ginvanglian T.</span>
Ginvanglian T.

"Great social media listening tool"

What do you like best?

The Dashboard - the dashboard is quite customisable. One can customise according to the need.

Setting up query is quite simple.

What do you dislike?

Historical data could be a little challenging. Though historical data is available at minimal extra cost, adhoc search is not so efficient.

The business problem we are trying to solve is to understand our brand as well as competitor brands.

Brandwatch review by <span>Sandra A.</span>
Sandra A.

"Una herramienta muy útil para la monitorización y la analítica en redes sociales"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch es una herramienta muy útil para la monitorización y el análisis en redes sociales. Me ha ayudado en la monitorización de campañas, y me ha resultado de gran utilidad para la monitorización y análisis de hahstags.

Las queries te ayudan a realizar y filtrar de manera exhaustiva. La cantidad de datos que maneja nos permite tener una visión clara de nuestra repercusión no sólo en RRSS, sino también en webs, blogs... Me parece una herramienta indispensable en agencia y departamentos de Social Media y Comunicación

What do you dislike?

Realmente, no puedo encontrar nada que realmente me disguste: es una de las herramientas más completas que he probado.

Desde el seguimiento de tendencias en redes sociales, hasta la identificación de influencers y monitorización de hashtags, en Brandwatch encuentro ampliadas funciones que sólo podría obtener usando varias aplicaciones y herramientas.

Brandwatch review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Best in class social intelligence tool"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive data and exports and fully customisable charts.

What do you dislike?

Could increase the development of their soical listening tool. Relatively few new features are added compared to competitors. However, they have made big improvements in data availability, BW Vizia, BW Audiences and image insights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial a range of platforms to see which is right for you. I think Brandwatch is the best social intelligence tool in the market.However, other tools might be a better fit for you depending on: which markets you're interested in, budget, if you need 100% of the data, if you also want to be able to post from the platform, if you have a social analyst, how much data you need etc.

Insights to help improve a business. Often through understanding brand perception, trends in an industry, gaps in the markets or finding out who is influential.

Brandwatch review by <span>Michael Y.</span>
Michael Y.

"Advanced enterprise monitoring and analytics "

What do you like best?

Highly customizable dashboards that allow you to slice and dice data any way you need it.

What do you dislike?

Setting up queries can be a bit complex and it may take multiple attempts to filter out noise. But, it’s worth it.

The ability to monitor brand mentions allowing us to preempt potential PR issues, to monitor sensitive issues, to report on KPIs like SOV for campaigns.

Brandwatch review by <span>Miguel C.</span>
Miguel C.

"Great piece of Software, Great client support"

What do you like best?

UX and ease of use. Flexibility and structure around dashboards.

What do you dislike?

No way to export reports.

Brandwatch could sell the service as a business solution and teach businesses better how to use the data to take decisions with some business cases for the industry the client works on. It would help sell in the license and would help upsell the client better services.

Have the big picture around Share of Voice from a global stand point for several markets + competitors in one page in order to define how good we are doing on social media top level.

Brandwatch review by <span>Liam H.</span>
Liam H.

"A powerful partnership that helps us change the world"

What do you like best?

The Brandwatch team are professional, personal and innovative in their approaches. They have a great selection of talent within the company.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that we dislike. The platform takes some time to learn and understand, but that's in line with the powerful insights generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

We co-authored new research to help us better understand abuse posted online across Twitter. As a global leading anti-bullying non-profit, understanding the rates of cyberbullying and hate speech such as racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia has helped us develop new and existing support services and resources for young people who are impacted by the issues.

The partnership enabled us to generate a larger public discussion after we launched the partnership in the Houses of Parliament and across popular media - such as The Times, Independent, Mashable and Gizmodo.

Brandwatch review by <span>Mike A.</span>
Mike A.

"Brandwatch Is An Incredible Research And Monitoring Tool"

What do you like best?

I have tested many different apps and tools to help monitor and research social media activity, particularly Twitter. In virtually every instance, those tools were unable to bring up historical data and provide insight into activities which had already occurred.

In other words, you had to have been using the tool all along in order to utilize it.

Not so with Brandwatch.

I was able to see historical activity and analysis from months prior. Which proved to be invaluable when attempting to measure the success of a particular campaign.

But what I *really* like about Brandwatch is the daily tracking of Twitter activity in a bar chart that allows me to monitor follower growth alongside mentions, retweets, and other engagement metrics. This lets me see just how effective our Twitter growth strategies are for attracting the right audience.

What do you dislike?

While no product is perfect, there are few visible flaws with Brandwatch. Pricing, of course, is a concern, but the service being provided by Brandwatch is extraordinarily valuable, and truly priced accordingly. It's unlikely that bloggers or solopreneurs would have a need for such data analysis, and can monitor their campaigns by combining several other tools, like Hootsuite and Google Sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend working with a member of the Brandwatch team to set up an initial set of projects so that you can begin to realize ROI right away.

The first major project of interest, as I mentioned earlier, was being able to get historical data about a campaign that had been run and completed in July of 2015. With Brandwatch's help, I was able to research #SiteSellPresents (a unique hashtag used to promote our Entrepreneur's Hangout series), and view an incredible amount of statistical data. Such as:

- Mentions

- Sentiment (Positive / Negative)

- Top Stories

- Top Hashtags

- Most Mentioned Tweeters

- Most Popular Tweets

- Top Sites, including News, Blogs, Forums

- Authors

- Topics

And more! And with many additional details provided for each area.

This allows us to calculate just how much reach and interest the campaign generated, beyond the traffic metrics that we gleaned from Google Analytics.

Brandwatch review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Ability to work with the press coverage data doesn't matter when Brandwatch can't capture everything"

What do you like best?

The tool has a lot of functionality around social monitoring and ability to work with press/blog coverage data in the system, but unfortunately it could not capture all of the news in which out company was included.

What do you dislike?

The tool did not capture all the articles on our company, and the sales team intentionally mislead us trying to lock us into another year contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The use case we initially selected Brandwatch for was not in its traditional wheelhouse, and despite it's assurances that it could tackle our scenario, it was not able to deliver. Make sure it can actually meet you use case needs, and build in a 3 or 6 month trial period if necessary.

We intended to use Brandwatch to capture share of voice for our company, but ultimately ended up switching to a competitor.

Brandwatch review by <span>Chris W.</span>
Chris W.

"Useful tech and great consultants"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch has been a breath of fresh air. It has straight-forward pricing and some great, highly modifiable technology. However the most surprising thing has been the training, client services and intelligent consultancy which we have really valued.

What do you dislike?

It's currently beyond Brandwatch's control, but it would be it would be extremely helpful if LinkedIn could be monitored.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth using and thinking beyond your own role and remit, in order to implement Brandwatch as a valuable resource more widely around your organisation.

From social media monitoring to bespoke dashboards for functions such as investor relations, public affairs and media relations, we are ensuring we get as much value from Brandwatch as possible. We will shortly be exploring the online focus groups that can be set up, so we can get a snapshot of wider energy industry trends.

Brandwatch review by <span>Gordon M.</span>
Gordon M.

"Excellent tool for excellent Insight"

What do you like best?

The UI is very easy to understand with simple and colourful graphs and metrics displayed on a specialist dashboard. These can be amended to show data that you have tagged and what can be amended to represent what you are measuring.

What do you dislike?

At points, setting up the query can be confusing. You do feel like you need a degree in programming to work it. That being said, once you know what you're doing, it's second nature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This a fantastic tool once you learn how to use it and it's features fully. At points it can be complicated but once familiar, it becomes easy.

We use this tool to monitor and analyse social media data. Even in the last few months we have seen our processes being simplified as a result of this tools functionality.

Brandwatch review by <span>Iggy G.</span>
Iggy G.

"Brandwatch - Historical Social Listening"

What do you like best?

The best feature about Brandwatch is the backtracking of historical data. It can backtrack data up to mid 2010. This is very useful if you want to track trends from previous years to reference for any marketing analytics function you can put your hands into.

What do you dislike?

It's less instinctive to use than other social listening tools I''ve used in the past. Previously very involved with Social Studio, now using other social listening tools + Brandwatch.

Historical data is the strong suit of Brandwatch. It also has a social command center function which can be helpful on so many levels.

Brandwatch review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"A Brief Review of Brandwatch"

What do you like best?

The long historical data for a large numbers of keywords and we can add and exclude certain terms with the keyword as per own wish. Each keywords has separate dashboard to work with and dashboard has almost all the features, which any user would need.

What do you dislike?

The pricing of Brandwatch is too high and other big problem is reliability of historical Facebook data. The pricing and one year subscription clause makes Brandwatch too much expensive for small scale projects. The historical Facebook data is so unreliable that user can't make accurate judgement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone who is looking for specific solutions for digital media platforms then It is best tool to work with. The Brandwatch has in-built data analytics capabilities so user don't need external tool / person for analysis, which in turns save other costs and time.

I can see real time social media or digital media response to a specific product at a specific geographic location. Apart from that I can also see who are most active people and their views about the product on a specific social media channel.

Brandwatch review by <span>Eric R.</span>
Eric R.

"The Best Social Listening Software Specialist!"

What do you like best?

Great usability and complete functionality on the front-end with powerful back-end sourcing, filtering and analysis.

Outstanding query creation: robust and flexible, allows you to find a needle in a haystack! Open queries, but with accurate syntaxis correction to help avoid errors.

Plus, excellent and agile customer service when you have a problem or question. Automatic reporting and AI alerts are just another example of how fast Brandwatch is evolving and improving. We have tried other platforms like Radian6 (Salesforce) or Pulsar and Brandwatch is by far a better product.

Other great characteristics: fast visualization of data after creating query, access to one month of free historic data. Custom graphs allow for all types of analyses. Twitter hotspot maps for campaign analysis.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to customise the colors of the graphics and order the queries without having them in alphabetical order, but these are unimportant tiny details compared to all the great things the software has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully recommend Brandwatch for Social Listening and Social Media Analytics.

Social listening for our clients. Automated reporting for key clients. Being able to offer our Spanish clients the best social listening software in the world.

Brandwatch review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Aggregator, wish there was more interpretation"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to aggregate and organize mentions. It makes a monthly report where we document our social listening much easier. The most useful part of it is the ability to categorize negative mentions and keep them all in one place. I will say the staff is incredibly helpful - any time I have an issue my account manager is very quick to respond and solves the problems pretty quickly. I appreciate how on top of it she is.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more data interpretation. It feels mostly like I'm just able to store data in one place - it's difficult to use it for predictive behaviors or finding out detailed traits of a target audience. We get basic gender and interest, but there's no way of really knowing how accurate it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't view the product as a tool for social insight and audience segmentation - its much more useful for aggregating everything and keeping track of it. It's not necessarily a predictive analytics tool - it's social listening.

It helps us know how people are discussing our brand. It's a good measure for general social health of the brand.

Brandwatch review by <span>Bernardo D.</span>
Bernardo D.

"The most intelligent social listening tool in the market"

What do you like best?

An excellent, intelligent social listening tool is one that constantly adapts to the needs of the user and adapts to the changes of social media and digital marketing. Brandwatch is that and more - I've tried several social listening and social monitoring tools in the past, but Brandwatch beats the competition out of the water. It's flexible, customisable, it's great for beginners and it appeases the advanced users who are always looking for more and more data; it's also the tool with the highest number of supported Boolean queries - something to keep in mind if you want to build really flexible and accurate social listening queries. I have several more reasons why I love Brandwatch - from their integration with other social and digital tools, to their regular platforms, from their impeccable sentiment analysis features, to their extra features and products (including social analytics and live social visualisations via Brandwatch Vizia), but one thing that makes me love them even more is the people - they're not there to sell you a piece of software, they're not there to pitch you their product with endless PowerPoint presentations - they actually do care, they're a friendly family, and that's exactly what it feels like once you start using Brandwatch - like you're part of a huge (digital) family.

What do you dislike?

I've thought long and hard about this and, honestly, there's nothing I don't dislike. Having said that, there's one thing missing - a Brandwatch app. I use Brandwatch both for my freelance work, my main work, my blogging, and personal reasons (e.g. finding mentions of my name in real-time). It would be great to have a view of all that on-the-go as well, via an app. Having said that, it's not a big deal-breaker - I've tried using Brandwatch on my phone and a few more times on my tablet and it works just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandwatch doesn't charge you per user, which means that you can have unlimited users. If you haven't started already, this is the time for you to advocate social listening across your business, and a tool that gives you the freedom to do that without incurring any unwanted charges is just perfect!

One of the main problems I've been able to solve with the help of Brandwatch is correlation - so what you had spike in mentions last week? What caused it? So what you had a lot of mentions from a particular forum, more than usual? What caused that? Thanks to annotation and the ability to plot various metrics on the flexible Brandwatch graphs, I can easily identify what correlates and what causes spikes and/or dips, even before I export the data to Excel for a deep-dive. In fact, one of the benefits of Brandwatch is that, while I can keep some of the dashboards with basic and self-explanatory graphs based on the audience, I can also keep my "super dashboards" with all the metrics and widgets I need, and I can do all of my deep dives right from the dashboard. This leads me to the next problem I was able to solve thanks to Brandwatch - showing my various stakeholders that social listening (and social analytics in general) isn't daunting, it isn't boring, and just because it's often portrayed in an Excel spreadsheet it doesn't mean it's too scary for the business to appreciate. Brandwatch is so customisable and flexible that it's manager-friendly, analyst-friendly, data geek-friendly etc.

Brandwatch review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Powerful analytics tools for monitoring. 100% recomended"

What do you like best?

-Easily to use: offers the best level of querying, control and categorisation of data

-We can create unlimited projects and dashboards for a good information organization.

-Export information to work outside the tool.

-Api available to manage information with other tools and this way, increase the brandwatch features.

What do you dislike?

The technical support works very well but sometimes we have had some issues to can priorizate our requirements with the support department because the problem only affect to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a good technical support and it's easy start work with the tool.

-Campaign tracking and analysis

-Brand and products monitoring (also competitors)

-Compare social networks activity

-Trend analysis

-Crisis management

Brandwatch review by <span>Joakim N.</span>
Joakim N.

"5 years with Brandwatch and counting"

What do you like best?

All great enterprise-class social media monitoring and analytic platforms starts with great query writing features. Brandwatch has the best query writing features and operators available I've seen in any product on the market.

The interface is well designed, very fast and almost fully customisable allowing for a lot of different use cases.

What do you dislike?

Compared to the competitors I've tried It's hard to dislike anything in Brandwatch. But if I could write a wish-list of improvements to be made it would focus on; more sources to be covered (however Brandwatch will add any source you send them), more accurate sentiment analysis and improved spam filters - however these are general things that all vendors across the industry need to improve and not just Brandwatch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my humble opinion it's the most versatile social media monitoring and analytics platform on the market. I consider myself as a super user of the Brandwatch platform and think that I've pushed it to its limits many times, and rarely do I come across a use case where the system cannot display the data charts I'm looking for.

Whilst Brandwatch comes with plenty of preset dashboards for use cases such as Influencers, Trend analysis, Brand reporting etc, which are great when starting out with the platform, it is still powerful enough to let you switch to a fully manual mode and let you customise every single part of you project.

I also find the data quality to be superior to other platforms that I've tried in the past (notably Radian6) and especially in non-English languages.

Since we're an agency we help brands and organisations with Social Media Monitoring and Social Analytics, reporting and analysing on their social media buzz. Typically we build dashboards focused on brand and products share-of-voice, community management, campaign measurement, influencer and audience profiling. The later is especially powerful with the launch of Brandwatch Audience, a new stand-alone product that is the result of Brandwatch's 2014 acquisition of PeerIndex.

Brandwatch review by <span>Barika P.</span>
Barika P.

"An Excellent Segmentation Tool"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch not only has the best customer care and account mangers, it is great for when you really need to segment your audience. There are so many ways to analyze the data that the tool provides that many others don't. Another plus, is the ability to really see a story, rather than having to spend hours upon hours digging to determine what's going on. While there is a learning curve, I'm the first to admit that, once you get the hang of using Brandwatch it become second nature. But you will need to constantly use the tool or go thru one of the regularly scheduled training sessions to ensure you're continually using the tool according to best practices.

What do you dislike?

As I stated, there is a learning curve for using this tool. Even if you have experience with other tools, Brandwatch operates differently and it will take some getting used to. If you're looking for a simple monitoring solution, this is not it because of the time it takes to plan out how you want to pull and see the data. It really is more of a research tool in my opinion, than just social monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a tool for the more research focused agencies who have the time to spend learning and becoming an expert in its use. It is an extremely powerful tool and should be used

We work with a number of different businesses doing everything from reputation management, campaign analysis, weekly and monthly reporting and even influencer segmentation. We've also done a number of studies involving SocioQual - which is a blending of social analytics and qualitative research (ethnography) to help our clients get a more vivid and contextual picture of who their customers are.

Brandwatch review by <span>Kaylin T.</span>
Kaylin T.

"A complete representation of company and competitor profiles "

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is extremely easy to use and digest. Once you have formulated your search queries analyzing the data becomes a piece of cake. My favorite part of Brandwatch would have to be the different charts you can chose to represent the data. Some are visually more appealing for showing certain data making the audience I present the data to more apt to understand it without excessive explanation.

What do you dislike?

Depending on what you are trying to measure making and adjusting the search queries can lead you down a rabbit hole. It is important to realize that you cannot simply measure everything perfectly and you need to really focus on what is the most important search terms are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to measure up against your key competitors this is the right tool. It is easy to understand and use and gives you a great image of your media/social landscape.

We are better understanding our voice among our competitors. It has helped us see where we need to focus more of our time and effort and where we are succeeding.

Brandwatch review by <span>Nicole J.</span>
Nicole J.

"A great first experience using Brandwatch to assist in data analytics for Disruptive Insight "

What do you like best?

The manner in which the graphs were displayed once data had been pulled was very clear and I liked how easy it was to move between line/bar/pie charts etc. Editing and moving between data sections was also made very easy and as a first time user i found i got the hang of it very quickly.

What do you dislike?

As i was only using brandwatch's most basic features to begin with i found it fairly straight forward but as i tried to utilise more of its functions it did become more difficult to navigate and confusing as to which tabs i was working in.

were were using Brandwatch to analyse data for a client report, it was extremely useful in assessing differences in content based on gender and profession and found the benefits of being able to easily compare straightforward and clear graphs of different data sets a major aid.

Brandwatch review by <span>Adam C.</span>
Adam C.

"Social listening at it's finest"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is an enterprise level tool so it goes above and beyond a lot of tools out there.

You can create extremely powerful queries to improve your monitoring. This allows you to get extremely granular with your searches, meaning they are more accurate and you'll find mentions you probably wouldn't find with other tools.

It's straight forward to create dashboards which allow you to visualize the data and the new reporting functionality is incredible.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot to this tool which means you will have a learning curve if you want to use it effectively. But despite that you should expect a learning curve with any tool like this. You do have a team of people who can help you though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an extremely powerful tool so you have to be prepared to put the time in so you can use it effectively and learn your way around it. While it's easy to use there is still a learning curve involved. You need to be prepared for this and if you can allow for the time you'll definitely be able to use this to great effect.

Brandwatch has helped us to identify potential opportunities to grow our community and in turn grow our revenue. What we love is that we have been able to respond to social media mentions on the likes of Twitter from right within the platform itself. This is a huge time saver too.

So to summarize -

> Identify opportunities for marketing activities.

> Grow our revenue using those opportunities.

> Save time that we would spend filtering through results from less accurate tools.

Brandwatch review by <span>Edward James B.</span>
Edward James B.

"Have used for many years and am constantly impressed by both the tool and the team behind it "

What do you like best?

Aside from a brilliant, clear and easy to use UI the platform offers the best level of querying, control and categorisation of data I've seen in around six years of working with social data. Being able to share dashboards with clients and partners, as well as control the level of access here is also a great feature.

In essence - other social listening tools are just tools, the level of control it offers makes Brandwatch a platform.

Finally I have always received the best level of support from Brandwatch, to the point that they've felt like an extension of my team on several projects.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing within the tool I dislike that isn't the result of problems of dealing with the vast amount of data on the web or the social platforms handling of data and metadata.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to understand its features as often even BW themselves don't go far enough at explaining how deep it can go. And train yourself or get trained in complex query and category builds - you'll need it.

Quite a range to be honest:

- Social channel monitoring

- Customer journey mapping

- Campaign tracking and analysis

- Reputation management platform

- Customer support and response

- Trend analysis

It has proven to be best in class at all of these so far.

Brandwatch review by <span>Eamonn C.</span>
Eamonn C.

"Brilliant product for us and for our clients"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use. It's really easy to set up quick ad hoc queries. There's incredible support from the Account Management teams if you need any heavier lifting or advice on an ongoing basis. It looks incredible - the graphs and charts look brilliant in client presentations and the way that the breadth of data collected is presented is incredible. It makes the incomprehensible comprehensible.

What do you dislike?

I'm struggling to think of anything. I think it's pretty flexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the most of the support that they provide. Our account teams have been incredibly helpful and generous with their time. Also, take the webinars they offer - we're constantly learning new ways to make our lives easier with some of the tools in the system.

We use it to solve the problem of data and conversation analysis for our clients. Brandwatch allows us to pull in huge amounts of data which we then analyse and present to clients. As a result of using it, we've retained clients for longer periods of time, we've won new pieces of business, we've generated media coverage for our own activities and we've developed a new and lucrative revenue stream for our business.

Brandwatch review by <span>Matthew W.</span>
Matthew W.

"Mission critical tool for your brand"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to set up queries with a comprehensive choice of Boolean operators, this gives you complete control over search criteria. Rules help you refine sentiment and remove spam. Categories help with additional relevancy.

Alerts are fundamental and can be configured with a long list of variables... sentiment, topic, demographics or workflow to name a few.

The language coverage is extensive although I have only used some of the European languages.

One of the things I like best is the active development cycle. New additions are coming out frequently.

What do you dislike?

Although the platform will load on my iPad, it really needs a dedicated app. I would like to be able to consult key data on my iPhone also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you dedicate the resources to it that it deserves. The better you set it up the more useful it will be to you. The more you use it, the more you will find it can do for you.

Marketing is increasingly defined by user generated content and the conversations around your brand. This product helps you identify and engage those conversations.

Better customer service.

Evaluate campaign efficiency, get early warning on specific issues.

Benchmark sentiment with competing brands or products.

Brandwatch review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Helping us showcase Social Media intelligence within our business"

What do you like best?

The level of analysis is brilliant - we have never been able to interrogate conversations in this way before. Automated options such as tagging really help us to sort conversations for reporting and the filtering options within queries allow us to see the metrics that are valuable to us.

What do you dislike?

Not having the time to use the tool as much as I would like to (so that is no reflection on Brandwatch itself) because once I start I want to keep delving deeper. It is really interesting!

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool which is ever evolving - I like how the Brandwatch team openly request feedback during development to be truly customer focussed.

It has opened up new intelligence avenues so we are able to analyse data in lots of different ways, which suits our complex and fast-paced business structure.

Brandwatch review by <span>Joe W.</span>
Joe W.

"Brandwatch is a joy to use compared to its competitors."

What do you like best?

It's easy to use with simple visualisations and great features that are constantly updated. The team try to make everything as easy as possible for the user but also let you export the raw data yourself if you need it. This means you can make things as simple or as complex as you want.

What do you dislike?

Getting historical data can be a bit of pain (although this is much improved) and it would be nice to have a dedicated mobile app. Better geo-targeting would also be really great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They release new features every two weeks so watch out for news about those updates and how you can use them to improve your workflow and segment your data better.

Early warning on specific issues, measurement of said issues as well as reach and impact of campaigns. We also use it to measure the effectiveness of press releases around different types of media as well as general brand sentiment and reach. It is invaluable when it comes to identifying specific users and influencers across different social channels.

Brandwatch review by <span>Luis Fernando M.</span>
Luis Fernando M.

"Excellent monitoring with an evolving strategy"

What do you like best?

Great configuration options, good interface and a great scope and data quality.

But best of all, is that Brandwatch as a company and as a platform continues to improve and evolve, offering more and more valuable features.

While other platforms have gotten stagnated or lost track of some really needed updating, Brandwatch constant new features make it easier and faster to use. I love that about them. Also their team is extra friendly and have not forgotten that this is about the community and being social

What do you dislike?

They do need to improve some custom ways to do analysis of the data. some of us don't want the superficial reports, we really want to dig into the information. Radian6 still has some leadership there in the way you can quickly play with the segmentation, filters and graphics clicking to dive deeply into the areas of conversation you really want to talk about.

They also need to integrate more social networks and more team workflow options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn well the configuration and really develop a deep relationship with the Brandwatch team.

I'm doing mostly reports for medium business about their current social state and some continuous monitoring. They value is definitely there for quick assessments and some in-depth analysis.

It is quick, has a good depth of conversations. It really helps giving quick big pictures to inform strategic decisions

Brandwatch review by User

"Design Friendly, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Its very user-friendly, and the exports you can get from it are nicely put together. There are automation features as well that are nice. Especially the ones that are not-common, as in you might care to be notified when an "Angry" post with more than 50,000 followers happens.

What do you dislike?

n/a - although I will say it is very close to other social listening tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, do a week trail at least! We kept extending our trial because we were running into interesting situations and wanted to be sure Brandwatch would work

Social listening, keeping the brand reputation solid.

Brandwatch review by <span>Catalina N.</span>
Catalina N.

"Review"

What do you like best?

Es una gran herramienta para trabajar listening. La plataforma es dinamica y muy intuitiva. Adicional los resultados son muy cercanos a la realidad. el servicio al cliente es excelente.

What do you dislike?

Aunque no es algo propio de Brandwatch, es la falta de acceso con Facebook

Decisión de programas, influencers, hashtags. Mejora en la calidad de contenidos de redes sociales.

Brandwatch review by <span>Yioryos N.</span>
Yioryos N.

"Easy to use and fast"

What do you like best?

The platform lends itself to both simple and more complex uses. So a person without much experience in social media analytics can jump right in and start collecting and analyzing data. It's pretty fast given the sheer amount of data it indexes, from blogs, websites, forums, Facebook and Twitter. For search queries dating back months it may take a few hours to get the data but that's understandable given the volume. It has a pretty intuitive tagging feature that let's you build topics and subtopics to drill down and examine the nuances of topics and conversation. Their boolean search syntax is also quite exhaustive.

I also really like that there is a flat fee for as many searches as you want. Other competitors charge you by the amount of data you search for, which can get pricey when experimenting.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the exclusion lists don't seem to work that well and you have to manually go in and adjust mentions accordingly.

The sentiment analysis is not that accurate but to be honest none of these platforms have accurate sentiment analysis.

It allows us to expand our research into the social and digital realm. It allows us to complement traditional research methodologies and examine what people are discussing organically over the Internet. This allows us to better understand human behavior.

Brandwatch review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.

"Great for social listening"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch has the most coverage out of all the social listening tools I have used

What do you dislike?

The availabilty of data from social platforms is quite limited

Brandwatch helps us identify brand mentions that would otherwise be missed

Brandwatch review by <span>Adam L.</span>
Adam L.

"Excellent tool for Social Media Research and on-going monitoring"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is very easy to setup and collect useful insights from what is being discussed online.

This means gathering data is really quick and analysing it is simple

What do you dislike?

Pulling the information into a customised report can sometimes take a while as there was no specific reporting functionality. However, I believe Brandwatch has just released this functionality but I'm yet to try it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've trialled a number of different social media tools over the years and all of them have different benefits. Brandwatch is extremely well rounded and has constant improvements so is quickly becoming the best all round tool in my eyes.

Making the initial client research process quick and affordable, as well as giving us on-going insights into discussions online so we can engage with our client's customers and feedback insights to our clients.

Brandwatch review by <span>Tyler G.</span>
Tyler G.

"Dynamic & Truly Agile Software- Excellent Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Complexity of queries, internal tasking, ability to configure multiple dashboards and alert settings. Rapid release of product updates. Very transparent bug notifications and new feature releases.

What do you dislike?

Sentiment analysis / machine learning has room for improvement, but nobody really has this figured out yet.

Moving away from hard mention counts or increasing mention limits as capacity improves / storage costs decline would be valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Catch a webinar / white paper and do a trial :)

First Alert awareness about breaking news. Historical and competitive analysis

Brandwatch review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Will get you results but its not near perfect"

What do you like best?

-Pulls from a variety of sources ( only a little Facebook and a little Instagram)

-Works in over a dozen languages

-Excel download of data let's you manipulate further

-Features allow you to set up rules and tags that aid data and dashboard visualization

-Boolean

What do you dislike?

-When filtering by country, seems to routinely include mentions from other countries

-The basic package offers little to no built-in audience segmentation

-Can sometimes stall when loading dashboards

-It is not clear how much data you can actually download through the tool - download section

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will fulfill basic monitoring necessities but if you really want to crack social and benefit a brand, I'd suggest taking a look at more "robust" tools

-Capturing PR and some social media

-Quantifying brand and competitor efforts

-Researching broad range of topics

Brandwatch review by <span>Jemima G.</span>
Jemima G.

"As essential tool for social media strategy"

What do you like best?

The ability to do a comprehensive analysis between my clients and their closest competitors, using a bespoke dashboard - the graphics and charts created are really useful.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get used to using it - there are still features I've not got my head round yet! But once you're familiar with using the technology, it's well worth the initial effort.

I mostly use Brandwatch to inform, develop and adapt social media strategy - for myself and for clients.

Brandwatch review by <span>gabriel v.</span>
gabriel v.

"Experience Listening Tools"

What do you like best?

The user experience, flexibility in the interface and support from the team

What do you dislike?

some times not very likely but data might slow down or disconnect from streams but they try to solve it fast

we use it in our agency for listening and planning purposes and works pretty well

Brandwatch review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"Brandwatch - easy to navigate, categorise and analyse digital data "

What do you like best?

i use Brandwatch on almost a daily basis. It is easy to search through mentions and to return to the original conversation on social media to understand the context behind the comment. The tool works well with large data sets too. The categories and tabs functions make it easy for me to organise data in a way that is meanignful and useful to our clients needs. Brandwatch is regularly updated with new functions which allow me to provide more insight for clients.

What do you dislike?

We have trialled several social tools and find Brandwatch to be one of the best. It would be useful to have a greater focus on influencer identification and other social tools. It would be helpful if larger data sets could be exported into CSV files too. Cleansing data to find actionable insight remains timeconsuming, so it would be useful to learn more about how to make this part of the process easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is by far one of the best tools on the market and is continuously improving to innovate and lead the market. We are looking forward to seeing the new developments.

This tool allows us to see a customer, product or event journey from start to end. This allows us to understand evaluate campaigns and offer recommendations which are based on real evidence. We can identify business challenges and outliers - the unexpected findings that can offer meaning to our clients.

Brandwatch review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Good, flexible solution with many useful features"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up new projects and queries meaning we can try things and continually tweak and refine to hone in on the mentions and people we're interested in. Enables us to carry out very reactive monitoring as required as well as longer view strategic monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Always disliked the way author and site lists had to be recreated from scratch for any project. Sharing them from one project into another is an improvement but it would be much better if you could store them at a level above any projects so they could be easily maintained and then shared with and selected from any project (rather than having to go into the original project and explicitly share it with the new one).

Also would like to be able to target an author list in a query so as to be able to target certain people from the beginning rather than having to use up mention limit and find them in thousands of spam mentions.

For corporate comms, until Brandwatch we had no easy way of knowing what was (or wasn't) being said on social media. Brandwatch enabled the team to put social media at the core of their day to day media monitoring and to help them form strategy.

Brandwatch review by <span>Marshall S.</span>
Marshall S.

"Brandwatch is the Cuisinart of Social Media Monitoring "

What do you like best?

Ability to cut and dice verbatim by various keywords, tagging, categories, actions and rules - these are superior to what is generally available in this space.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike, but just a general comment about textual monitoring - it has its strengths but also its issue, people don't always talk about the behavior they are doing in a way where these will will be effective - especially in an age of visual social media - people are doing things and being in places where a text based approach will not detect the information that marketers most wanted to know. This is not Brandwatch's problem - its everyone's problem that uses text analytics to track the customer journey - that includes Radian6/Sysomos/Viralheat, and all the rest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Brandwatch has made all the right choices - when you look at what they have done in the last two - three years, its impressive - the adding of enterprise monitoring tools and command center capabilities along with acquiring PeerReach (for Influencer Tracking) tells me that Brandwatch is firmly committed to growing this space,

Telling too, is the expansion of the sales support and technical teams - when I first started working with Brandwatch (say, 7 years ago) they were pretty much only in Brighton, UK and Germany - whereas now they are all over the United States and in other countries as well.

Brandwatch also is winning contracts when they go up against their competitors fairly often. Of course, to understand which platforms to invest in, you really have to have a good grasp of what your trying to achieve with the platforms and how you will use them. I believe that those who would buy Brandwatch would of this group.

There are a number of instances where Brandwatch has very helpful such finding influentials, understanding what they and others are saying, filtering out what what we don't to see in order to focus on what we do - has usually helped the brands we have looked at (via the Brandwatch microscope, so to speak) to gain insights that can result in marketing changes that help raise a brand's presence in their target markets.

Brandwatch review by <span>Omkar M.</span>
Omkar M.

"Great Tool for Social Analytics"

What do you like best?

The ability to track and categorize conversations with 'Rules' and the ability to visualize the data in seconds. I have been working with different social media listening tools (Radian6,Sysomos) but no one beats the ease of use as Brandwatch

What do you dislike?

The widgets sometime falter when there is a huge historical data to churn at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best product in the market if you are considering a tool for your social media monitoring needs. A bit on the expensive side though but they also have agency plans if budget is your concern

We were looking for a tool which solves our data issues when tracking earned and owned social mentions with the feasibility to backtrack data without a compromise on the User experience and the ability to create real time dashboards with the same information

Brandwatch review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Powerful, flexible platform with a friendly team."

What do you like best?

Brandwatch allows you to write queries which can be used singly or can be grouped together with each other and social channels to form a single data set. Multiple rules can then be run on this data to tag, categorise, etc. Individual queries, channels and rules can be used in/on multiple groups.

Multiple default or custom dashboards can then be set up to display the output from individual sources/groups and nearly everything can be charted or visualised with a few clicks.

This freedom to mash up and use data over and over versus having a query tied to a single dashboard makes the platform very useful.

Data coverage and historical data is another strong point and as the crawlers and archives are in house Brandwatch can add custom sources or tweak coverage, sometimes this will require professional services.

The Brandwatch team are really friendly and are passionate about the product. Customer feedback is important to them.

New features and functionality are regularly added along with bug fixes and users are notified in platform of each release along with a list of changes.

If you are considering the platform I would recommend checking out their YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/brandwatchsocial which also has some interesting webinars and useful training videos.

What do you dislike?

Coverage of review sites/comments could use further work in some areas especially app stores albeit this may be in part restricted by the sites themselves.

User administration for large user groups in a corporate environment needs further work but this is on their roadmap.

De-duplication within groups would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shortlist it and invite them along for a demo.

We use Brandwatch for a variety of purposes including community management, crisis management and monitoring product and software releases.

The platform has given us capabilities way beyond our previous listening tool.

Brandwatch review by <span>Michele V.</span>
Michele V.

"One of the pest product on the market for social media monitoring"

What do you like best?

i'm very happy with the powerful query editor, it's easy to understand and very well documented.

built in dashboard functionality provide an excellent support for data analysis

What do you dislike?

the data coverage is too much focused on text analysis, visual social network coverage (instagram, pinterest ecc) is too poor to be relevant

Recommendations to others considering the product

have a chat with their analyst, they are very skilled and can easily support you for any needs

half cut analysis time on request

Brandwatch review by <span>Rae G.</span>
Rae G.

"Outstanding Tool, Nothing Better"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature was the ability to track a specific term, and then if the mentions went up by a certain percent I would get an email alert. That way if there was breaking news (or bad news), I could see how fast it was spreading. I also loved that if there were brand mentions from verified accounts I would get an email, this saved me a few times when celebs mentions the grand, but didn't use our Twitter handle.

What do you dislike?

It was hard sometime to combine data in a meaningful way to get the report we wanted. Also, the sentiment tracking isn't really good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone on the team that knows how to write really solid search queries, they can be tricky.

Major business problem solved was being able to tell the client at the drop of a hat what was being said about us and competitors. This tool was critical for post-Super Bowl reporting.

Brandwatch review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Flexible, Customizable Social and Traditional Monitoring"

What do you like best?

I love how quickly I can adjust queries.

What do you dislike?

Refining queries can be a challenge, but we have a great customer rep who's always able to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to get used to, but the depth of data is worth the investment and time.

Monitoring social mentions of clients.

Brandwatch review by <span>Phil B.</span>
Phil B.

"A Social Web Crystal Ball"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is by far the most complete digital-social analytics tool, that is also a breeze where the learning curve is concerned. our clients are not always technology wizards or social media experts, so being able to easily integrate even the finest intel tools is not always so easy. We have in the past been reluctant to recommend tools for this reason. Brandwatch changed all that.

What do you dislike?

There is actually not a lot to "dislike" about the Brandwatch system. My only early concern was that the average person may not be able to perform some of the more complex functions. However, with some practice, and with the help of the great folks at Brandwatch, mastering even complex queries is fairly easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best tool in the space, by far. Suggest applying to simple cases first, then expanding your knowledge. Templates for success, as it were.

Brandwatch has boosted our capability to look deep inside analytics and mentions across the spectrum of the social-digital spectrum. From deep competitor analysis, to reporting our own marketing and PR efforts, Brandwatch affords us all the flexibility and tools we need. Just the reporting aspect, the ease of showing effectiveness, has saved us a lot of time and money, not to mention our having added business because of.

Brandwatch review by <span>Tim L.</span>
Tim L.

"Great Tool To Monitor Your Brand!"

What do you like best?

Brandwatch has proven to be a critical element of our client's media tools. It is very easy to use, and reduces the time needed to actively manage a brand/ service across the web. The queries and operators allow users to get as granular as needed. Brandwatch's staff and support team are constantly there to assist, and continuing to upgrade and enhance the platform.

What do you dislike?

Brandwatch is continuing to enhance and upgrade their platform, and many of the ideas that we have throught of, have already been put into place- or currently on the roadmap. Would like to see some additional enhancements to their alerts and ability to combine multiple queries/ channels into one alert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out- and compare to what you are currently using. Also, if you find something that they don't have, bring it up to them, as they are constantly working to improve their platform.

-Understanding what is said across the web about a particular brand/ service

-Understanding WHO is engaging with the brand

-Monitoring field/ location communication across the web

-crisis management

Brandwatch review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Top notch Social Listening Tool"

What do you like best?

We rely heavily on the customizable dashboards and the ability to filter mentions. Also, the alerts have been very helpful for crisis situations.

What do you dislike?

Query creation is not very user friendly. It is hard to teach another member of my team how to properly use the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful tool if you take the time to get properly trained.

Monitoring our organizations Social Network (Facebook and Twitter primarily). 25+ Facebook pages in our network that we need to monitored.

Instrumental to crisis communication reports. We have created a custom dashboard to standardize our reporting and created alerts to notify key stakeholders of upticks in mentions on topics.

Brandwatch review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"An amazing social listening tool"

What do you like best?

Boolean query, dashboard and quick visualizations, data export options

What do you dislike?

Unavailability of many major non-English languages

Incorrect sentiment classification of the available non-English languages

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead, because at the moment, I do not see a social listening tool better than Brandwatch.

I say so, in terms of every major point we cover for a solution

Easy to learn for analysts

Various customizations

Quick visualizations, as per the need

Data handling

Ease of handling

Quality support

As compared to the leading social listening tool Radian6, Brandwatch has an upper hand in many areas. Some of them are

Boolean query

Rules for categorization and data curation

Dashboards and various data visualizations

Data export options

Brandwatch review by <span>Jordan S.</span>
Jordan S.

"Brand Monitoring and Reputation Management for the Pros"

What do you like best?

- Customer Service / On-boarding

- Advanced monitoring with Boolean Operators

- Automated message classification / grouping

- Social Media Reporting Dashboard

- Visual, Easy-to-understand Reporting

- Results are returned instantly.

-The social media being mined is extensive, including the entire Twitter firehose and an absolutely huge and continuously growing set of common and uncommon social media sources.

- The querying is super-flexible resulting in more relevant results and the ability to isolate different pieces of your query by proximity within the text.

What do you dislike?

- Somewhat limited in web crawls in Niche markets

- Filtering SPAM - can't tell what is being filtered out

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a trial for 30 days, and you'll be sold.

- Reputation Management