Brandwatch

Brandwatch

69 ratings
71 9.4 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Brandwatch is one of the world’s leading platforms for social media monitoring, allowing you to analyse and utilise conversations from across the social web.

Brandwatch Reviews (71 reviews)

• • Results are returned instantly. • The social media being mined is extensive, including the entire Twitter firehose and an absolutely huge and continuously growing... Read More
    Avatar 699b516ccb7c52c39a00a5a0b519c525492a57a311ed9ce017bc17b6c1c89a1c
    Alison R.
    Consultant in Market Research
  • Setting up queries is very easy and the tool comes a strong suite of operators for accurate taxonomy building. The new dashboard is also very good and easy to use and... Read More
    0 feyce7d6nwmslqdkf2xaedu6nwuvb8dk5heje20qwm75zxvxwummxuweslrexb2e6wyy5w3obgjg
    Nick O.
    Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising
Validated Review

The most intelligent social listening tool in the market

What do you like best?

An excellent, intelligent social listening tool is one that constantly adapts to the needs of the user and adapts to the changes of social media and digital marketing. Brandwatch is that and more - I've tried several social listening and social monitoring tools in the past, but Brandwatch beats the competition out of the water. It's flexible, customisable, it's great for beginners and it appeases the advanced users who are always looking for more and more data; it's also the tool with the highest number of supported Boolean queries - something to keep in mind if you want to build really flexible and accurate social listening queries. I have several more reasons why I love Brandwatch - from their integration with other social and digital tools, to their regular platforms, from their impeccable sentiment analysis features, to their extra features and products (including social analytics and live social visualisations via Brandwatch Vizia), but one thing that makes me love them even...

What do you dislike?

I've thought long and hard about this and, honestly, there's nothing I don't dislike. Having said that, there's one thing missing - a Brandwatch app. I use Brandwatch both for my freelance work, my main work, my blogging, and personal reasons (e.g. finding mentions of my name in real-time). It would be great to have a view of all that on-the-go as well, via an app. Having said that, it's not a big deal-breaker - I've tried using Brandwatch on my phone and a few more times on my tablet and it works just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brandwatch doesn't charge you per user, which means that you can have unlimited users. If you haven't started already, this is the time for you to advocate social listening across your business, and a tool that gives you the freedom to do that without incurring any unwanted charges is just perfect!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

One of the main problems I've been able to solve with the help of Brandwatch is correlation - so what you had spike in mentions last week? What caused it? So what you had a lot of mentions from a particular forum, more than usual? What caused that? Thanks to annotation and the ability to plot various metrics on the flexible Brandwatch graphs, I can easily identify what correlates and what causes spikes and/or dips, even before I export the data to Excel for a deep-dive. In fact, one of the benefits of Brandwatch is that, while I can keep some of the dashboards with basic and self-explanatory graphs based on the audience, I can also keep my "super dashboards" with all the metrics and widgets I need, and I can do all of my deep dives right from the dashboard. This leads me to the next problem I was able to solve thanks to Brandwatch - showing my various stakeholders that social listening (and social analytics in general) isn't daunting, it isn't boring, and just because it's often...

An Excellent Segmentation Tool

What do you like best?

Brandwatch not only has the best customer care and account mangers, it is great for when you really need to segment your audience. There are so many ways to analyze the data that the tool provides that many others don't. Another plus, is the ability to really see a story, rather than having to spend hours upon hours digging to determine what's going on. While there is a learning curve, I'm the first to admit that, once you get the hang of using Brandwatch it become second nature. But you will need to constantly use the tool or go thru one of the regularly scheduled training sessions to ensure you're continually using the tool according to best practices.

What do you dislike?

As I stated, there is a learning curve for using this tool. Even if you have experience with other tools, Brandwatch operates differently and it will take some getting used to. If you're looking for a simple monitoring solution, this is not it because of the time it takes to plan out how you want to pull and see the data. It really is more of a research tool in my opinion, than just social monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a tool for the more research focused agencies who have the time to spend learning and becoming an expert in its use. It is an extremely powerful tool and should be used

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We work with a number of different businesses doing everything from reputation management, campaign analysis, weekly and monthly reporting and even influencer segmentation. We've also done a number of studies involving SocioQual - which is a blending of social analytics and qualitative research (ethnography) to help our clients get a more vivid and contextual picture of who their customers are.

Validated Review

Social listening at it's finest

What do you like best?

Brandwatch is an enterprise level tool so it goes above and beyond a lot of tools out there.

You can create extremely powerful queries to improve your monitoring. This allows you to get extremely granular with your searches, meaning they are more accurate and you'll find mentions you probably wouldn't find with other tools.

It's straight forward to create dashboards which allow you to visualize the data and the new reporting functionality is incredible.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot to this tool which means you will have a learning curve if you want to use it effectively. But despite that you should expect a learning curve with any tool like this. You do have a team of people who can help you though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an extremely powerful tool so you have to be prepared to put the time in so you can use it effectively and learn your way around it. While it's easy to use there is still a learning curve involved. You need to be prepared for this and if you can allow for the time you'll definitely be able to use this to great effect.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Brandwatch has helped us to identify potential opportunities to grow our community and in turn grow our revenue. What we love is that we have been able to respond to social media mentions on the likes of Twitter from right within the platform itself. This is a huge time saver too.

So to summarize -

> Identify opportunities for marketing activities.

> Grow our revenue using those opportunities.

> Save time that we would spend filtering through results from less accurate tools.

Validated Review

Have used for many years and am constantly impressed by both the tool and the team behind it

What do you like best?

Aside from a brilliant, clear and easy to use UI the platform offers the best level of querying, control and categorisation of data I've seen in around six years of working with social data. Being able to share dashboards with clients and partners, as well as control the level of access here is also a great feature.

In essence - other social listening tools are just tools, the level of control it offers makes Brandwatch a platform.

Finally I have always received the best level of support from Brandwatch, to the point that they've felt like an extension of my team on several projects.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing within the tool I dislike that isn't the result of problems of dealing with the vast amount of data on the web or the social platforms handling of data and metadata.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to understand its features as often even BW themselves don't go far enough at explaining how deep it can go. And train yourself or get trained in complex query and category builds - you'll need it.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Quite a range to be honest:

- Social channel monitoring

- Customer journey mapping

- Campaign tracking and analysis

- Reputation management platform

- Customer support and response

- Trend analysis

It has proven to be best in class at all of these so far.

Validated Review

Mission critical tool for your brand

What do you like best?

It's really easy to set up queries with a comprehensive choice of Boolean operators, this gives you complete control over search criteria. Rules help you refine sentiment and remove spam. Categories help with additional relevancy.

Alerts are fundamental and can be configured with a long list of variables... sentiment, topic, demographics or workflow to name a few.

The language coverage is extensive although I have only used some of the European languages.

One of the things I like best is the active development cycle. New additions are coming out frequently.

What do you dislike?

Although the platform will load on my iPad, it really needs a dedicated app. I would like to be able to consult key data on my iPhone also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you dedicate the resources to it that it deserves. The better you set it up the more useful it will be to you. The more you use it, the more you will find it can do for you.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Marketing is increasingly defined by user generated content and the conversations around your brand. This product helps you identify and engage those conversations.

Better customer service.

Evaluate campaign efficiency, get early warning on specific issues.

Benchmark sentiment with competing brands or products.

Do you like gift cards?

Amazon 5 acb2afc66dfe6e51202b4e162a57da805ec9b95eb7f040e8b25be06cd783556f

Write your first review today, and we’ll send you a $5 Amazon gift card as a thanks for your time and input.

Review Now

Tags

* We monitor all Brandwatch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Brandwatch?