BrandYourself

DIY online reputation management process and education on improving your Google search results.

Work for BrandYourself?

Learning about BrandYourself?

BrandYourself Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 13 BrandYourself reviews
BrandYourself review by <span>Stacey A.</span>
Stacey A.

"Worth the Money"

What do you like best?

I've been a huge fan since seeing them on Shark Tank a year or so ago. The product comes highly recommended from a couple of colleagues who swear that it's the reason they were able to switch industries and get new jobs. I haven't been using it nearly as long as they have, but so far I'm impressed with how thorough the software is. It's taking me step by step into fixing up my social media for Google and I LOVE the facebook scanner. My son gets a kick out of what kind of old stuff it digs up.

What do you dislike?

It's not really the fault of the company, but the reality I have to accept is that it takes time to fix Google results. You basically have two choices: either take the time to do it yourself using the product or sign up for their services to do it for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to invest the time to manage the process yourself using their product, otherwise you'll probably want to consider having them do it for you.

I'm considering starting my own business and I'm learning how to take control of my online reputation. A nice side benefit is that I'm learning a lot about this Google-fixing process along the way.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrandYourself
BrandYourself review by <span>Kenneth C.</span>
Kenneth C.

"Great first impression"

What do you like best?

The two features I find most appealing are the social scanner and the boost steps. The scanner unearthed a couple posts from my college years that I definitely deleted quickly. It was a nice walk down memory lane, but a serious reminder that things I posted nearly a decade ago are still very much online. And the boost steps give you a nice roadmap of what actions you need to take to start building out your online reputation.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of time to properly create, manage, and maintain all the steps they ask you to complete. I guess like building any reputation, it just takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth setting up to see where you stand in the online space. At the very least, scan old Facebook and Twitter posts before someone else does.

I am using the BrandYourself tool primarily for managing my personal brand as a consultant, but it makes sense that businesses would be utilizing something like this for their employees. I'm just getting started and clearly have a long way to go, but I actually feel informed and prepped to hit the ground running.

What Online Reputation Management solution do you use?

BrandYourself review by <span>Rachel G.</span>
Rachel G.

"Great service for managing your search results"

What do you like best?

They really help you get a "second chance" on your search results. If you have something negative online under your name, or if nothing pops up that's actually relevant to you, this is your best bet for taking control and changing that.

What do you dislike?

It is not a quick fix for your search results, but their staff has been clear and honest with me about the time it takes.

I'm trying to get out there as an entrepreneur, so it's nice to have profiles and websites that I can show to people upfront! I also want to plan for the future when I start building my network because people might start Googling my name more often.

BrandYourself review by <span>Anna W.</span>
Anna W.

"Tools are helpful, good support "

What do you like best?

The "social scan" feature. It showed me facebook comments from several years ago that I forgot I posted and helped me to delete them. I don't use Twitter but I imagine it would also be helpful for people who do.

The customer service rep I chatted with on the website was helpful. When I signed up my search score was a C. He gave me links to guides to show me how to improve my search score myself. I've been using them to work with them

What do you dislike?

I signed up when I saw them on Shark Tank a few weeks ago and haven't been using it long. Will update when I have more info!

When I saw them on Shark Tank I was just curious about the tool and they said it was free. I've been using their guides to improve my search score. I also think the social scan is beneficial for people who are interested in what comments they posted in the past.

BrandYourself review by User in Financial Services

"Great for Cleaning up Social Media"

What do you like best?

I saw the company on Shark Tank and used them to clean up my facebook page. It found lots of posts from years ago, some I forgot I had posted. It was fun going through them all! I ended up deleting a lot of posts that I didn't want on my page anymore.

What do you dislike?

I didn't personally think some of the posts it flagged "risky" were bad but I can see why they were flagged and it was good to see them all.

I'm in the finance industry so it's important I don't have anything online that could jeopardize my career.

BrandYourself review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Helpful for solving a difficult problem--but still takes work"

What do you like best?

While the Internet has been a positive force in the world, it has its downsides. Somebody can say something about you, whether it's true or not. It can be very harmful. If you find yourself in a bad situation like this--fixing it is difficult. Google won't do anything about it. I've learned the process is all about creating a more positive presence that paints a more accurate picture. This can be expensive and time consuming. BrandYourself has expensive services like many of the other companies I spoke to, but they also have a DIY product. It helps you understand how Google works and what you can do about it.

What do you dislike?

Even though they offer an inexpensive DIY product, it requires a big time commitment. They have a service but it's much more expensive. I wish they had something in between

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a time investment. It's worth it to speak to a rep advisor but know if you don't have the money to pay, you should be using the DIY

I'm client facing in my role, which means I get looked up before I meet people. Something unfortunate happened and my name was sullied by someone from my past. It was getting in the way of my job

Learning about BrandYourself?

* We monitor all BrandYourself reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.