BrandYourself

3.9

DIY online reputation management process and education on improving your Google search results.

Work for BrandYourself?

Learning about BrandYourself?

BrandYourself Reviews

Showing 14 BrandYourself reviews
BrandYourself review by Stacey A.
Stacey A.

"Worth the Money"

What do you like best?

I've been a huge fan since seeing them on Shark Tank a year or so ago. The product comes highly recommended from a couple of colleagues who swear that it's the reason they were able to switch industries and get new jobs. I haven't been using it nearly as long as they have, but so far I'm impressed with how thorough the software is. It's taking me step by step into fixing up my social media for Google and I LOVE the facebook scanner. My son gets a kick out of what kind of old stuff it digs up.

What do you dislike?

It's not really the fault of the company, but the reality I have to accept is that it takes time to fix Google results. You basically have two choices: either take the time to do it yourself using the product or sign up for their services to do it for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to invest the time to manage the process yourself using their product, otherwise you'll probably want to consider having them do it for you.

I'm considering starting my own business and I'm learning how to take control of my online reputation. A nice side benefit is that I'm learning a lot about this Google-fixing process along the way.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrandYourself
BrandYourself review by Kenneth C.
Kenneth C.

"Great first impression"

What do you like best?

The two features I find most appealing are the social scanner and the boost steps. The scanner unearthed a couple posts from my college years that I definitely deleted quickly. It was a nice walk down memory lane, but a serious reminder that things I posted nearly a decade ago are still very much online. And the boost steps give you a nice roadmap of what actions you need to take to start building out your online reputation.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of time to properly create, manage, and maintain all the steps they ask you to complete. I guess like building any reputation, it just takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth setting up to see where you stand in the online space. At the very least, scan old Facebook and Twitter posts before someone else does.

I am using the BrandYourself tool primarily for managing my personal brand as a consultant, but it makes sense that businesses would be utilizing something like this for their employees. I'm just getting started and clearly have a long way to go, but I actually feel informed and prepped to hit the ground running.

What Online Reputation Management solution do you use?

BrandYourself review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"Great service for managing your search results"

What do you like best?

They really help you get a "second chance" on your search results. If you have something negative online under your name, or if nothing pops up that's actually relevant to you, this is your best bet for taking control and changing that.

What do you dislike?

It is not a quick fix for your search results, but their staff has been clear and honest with me about the time it takes.

I'm trying to get out there as an entrepreneur, so it's nice to have profiles and websites that I can show to people upfront! I also want to plan for the future when I start building my network because people might start Googling my name more often.

BrandYourself review by Anna W.
Anna W.

"Tools are helpful, good support "

What do you like best?

The "social scan" feature. It showed me facebook comments from several years ago that I forgot I posted and helped me to delete them. I don't use Twitter but I imagine it would also be helpful for people who do.

The customer service rep I chatted with on the website was helpful. When I signed up my search score was a C. He gave me links to guides to show me how to improve my search score myself. I've been using them to work with them

What do you dislike?

I signed up when I saw them on Shark Tank a few weeks ago and haven't been using it long. Will update when I have more info!

When I saw them on Shark Tank I was just curious about the tool and they said it was free. I've been using their guides to improve my search score. I also think the social scan is beneficial for people who are interested in what comments they posted in the past.

BrandYourself review by User in Financial Services

"Great for Cleaning up Social Media"

What do you like best?

I saw the company on Shark Tank and used them to clean up my facebook page. It found lots of posts from years ago, some I forgot I had posted. It was fun going through them all! I ended up deleting a lot of posts that I didn't want on my page anymore.

What do you dislike?

I didn't personally think some of the posts it flagged "risky" were bad but I can see why they were flagged and it was good to see them all.

I'm in the finance industry so it's important I don't have anything online that could jeopardize my career.

BrandYourself review by Alfred C.
Alfred C.

"Awesome product, great support - highly recommended"

What do you like best?

The software makes it easy to see what's helping and hurting you online, then shows you what to do about it.

What do you dislike?

Because of the way Google works, it can take some time before your results start improving.

As an actor it's very important for my name to populate on Google and to be able to control what pops up when agents/casting directors/directors are searching my name. This service it makes it hands-on and keeps me well informed of who and where inquires are coming from.

BrandYourself review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Helpful for solving a difficult problem--but still takes work"

What do you like best?

While the Internet has been a positive force in the world, it has its downsides. Somebody can say something about you, whether it's true or not. It can be very harmful. If you find yourself in a bad situation like this--fixing it is difficult. Google won't do anything about it. I've learned the process is all about creating a more positive presence that paints a more accurate picture. This can be expensive and time consuming. BrandYourself has expensive services like many of the other companies I spoke to, but they also have a DIY product. It helps you understand how Google works and what you can do about it.

What do you dislike?

Even though they offer an inexpensive DIY product, it requires a big time commitment. They have a service but it's much more expensive. I wish they had something in between

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a time investment. It's worth it to speak to a rep advisor but know if you don't have the money to pay, you should be using the DIY

I'm client facing in my role, which means I get looked up before I meet people. Something unfortunate happened and my name was sullied by someone from my past. It was getting in the way of my job

BrandYourself review by Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care
Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care

"They are a company that manages social media content. They are not in the business of branding"

What do you like best?

Not a thing, very unprofessional...................

What do you dislike?

Lack of professionalism and integrity as to their core capabilities, which clearly are not true. They are merely a company that post social media. The concept of marketing and branding to target a specific industry are not in their core capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This company is merely a company that post to social media. After going through this long detailed process and them telling me that they would help to expand and target my geographic market to increase my medical practice with the later shift in moving toward brand myself in the northeast was completely untrue. When approached them about the poor services and lack of followers or marketing prowess, they told me to give my website they built out to my already existing patients. After blocking the auto charge from my credit for misrepresentation of their company and services not rendered, they harassed me to say they would let me out of the contract if I paid an few months of service. They openly admitted their only capability is to post content on the internet and not draw in followers or corner a market for branding purposes. If we can not make arrangements terms to let me out, I do plan to force the issue to avoid others from falling for their sales team feeding mis truths.

I was looking to brand myself in the medical community to draw a specific subgroups to my practice.

BrandYourself review by User in Computer Software

"They actually know what they are doing"

What do you like best?

Results. I wished them to get my message out and they did just that. I like the personal touch. There is a project manager assigned to your project. Their project managers have been getting better each year!

What do you dislike?

It is not cheap. But, they get results, Their competitor "Reputation.com" got me zero results for $5000.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a try and see if you like their results. I recommend them.

They raised the profile I wished to have raised.

BrandYourself review by Jacob M.
Jacob M.

"The Premium Offering is Basically a Scam"

What do you like best?

it allows you to scan results. Premium plan will allow you to boost some social links.

What do you dislike?

Links on your profile arent actually boosted as Brand Yourself tags the links with a no-follow. No follow programming keeps Google from following or boosting the links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not pay for the premium service.

It will not actually boost any of your results.

Trying to take control over what is showed on Google.

BrandYourself review by Danealle M.
Danealle M.

"Looking For a Way to Control Your Own Google Results?"

What do you like best?

With recruiters, hiring managers, colleagues and competitors want to gather information quickly about you, they turn to google. BrandYourself offers three levels of service. I lbegan with the free account and they showed me how to boost positive results, bury negative ones and remove ones that weren't me. This is great for those who have a common name. Since I am also very active in Social Media, I can tie my BrandYourself Profile to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and 100s of other sites, giving me control of what people see. Their tutorials walk you step by step through each process and there is a tab for Live Help to answer any questions you have. I upgraded to the premium account (about $34 for three months) and it's more than worth it.

What do you dislike?

Common names are a lot more work than individual ones. I'd suggest implementing a middle initial throughout all your sites in order for you to be properly found.

Google results can take up to 2 weeks to properly reflect your changes and "boosts." Beyond that, I am thrilled with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook accounts properly reflect who you are. If you keep Facebook for family and friends, leave it out of the BrandYourself or create a separate email address.

I have a friend who had a mugshot attached to his name that was not him and BrandYourself is the first to allow her to separate herself from it. Also, read Pete's story. The product was created because a similar situation happened to him, only much worse. I wholeheartedly endorse this product and the partners behind it.

Proper identification and branding of my personal and professional value.

My recent press releases can be posted and show up on the first page of google quickly.

BrandYourself review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I was not so happy with brand you self"

What do you like best?

The price is good and its very east to follow the steps

What do you dislike?

I did not think it made much of a difference but hard to say whos fault that is

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial before you commit to anything.

Getting bad search results to drop don on google

BrandYourself review by Flavio M.
Flavio M.

"It really works!"

What do you like best?

It gives you many good suggestions in how to improve your positive results, It also keeps you updated on every change.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a different charging model. I would love to get a paid account but I don't like the way they charge you.

My visibility on search engines really improved, specially Google.

BrandYourself review by User in Design
User in Design

"Really awesome platform"

What do you like best?

I like that the product is easy to use and tells you. I had some results that weren't about me, but brand yourself's platform let me boost the results that I wanted to appear first.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Happy customer here. I wish they had allowed for more design customization for the brand yourself profiles!

Looking good in google is a good thing to do regardless of industry, brand yourself helps me do that

Learning about BrandYourself?

* We monitor all BrandYourself reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.