breathehr

breatheHR is a software for SMEs that keeps all employee information in one central place and automates all those time consuming HR admin tasks.

Work for breathehr?

Learning about breathehr?

breathehr Reviews

Ask breathehr a Question
Showing 10 breathehr reviews
breathehr review by Troy B.
Troy B.

"Breathe - HR Review"

What do you like best?

I like the informative and easy to use interface of Breathe HR, this is complemented by the simplistic nature of the website. Sometimes less really is more, it gets the job done and gets it done quickly.

What do you dislike?

It is rather hard to find something that i do dislike about Breathe HR, as it gets the job done that its designed for. If i had to pick something, its slightly frustrating not been able to see the whole workforces booked holidays. You could be chasing someone on the phone that isn't even working, this could save alot of time if you could see this immediately, and i suppose it doesn't apply to every profession.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple and effective and it gets the basic jobs done. Perhaps it could have a few more features, however what really is necessary for a programme like this. ,

It solves, the holiday scheduling for the many offices across the UK. It allows a structured method to observing, requesting and approving holidays for the business. It also stores staffs critical information and an easy to use manor.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about breathehr
breathehr review by Richard H.
Richard H.

"Quite basic, but does what we need of it."

What do you like best?

The holiday request section is very easy to use, you just enter a start date, end date and optionally provide a reason and it goes off to our hr staff for them to review and then accept or deny depending on the circumstances and then you just get a simple email back with the outcome.

What do you dislike?

The Kudos feature seems pretty unnecessary and tacked on and seems like it would just lead to interpersonal issues if we actually took it up and started using it. The few times people have used it so far, it's just felt needlessly pandering and nobody could be bothered to use it after a few weeks of starting to use Charlie HR.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user of Breathe HR I can say that it all works fine from my end, it's easy to use, and it integrates with my google calendar just fine so if you need a simple piece of HR Software. I see no reason not to use it.

It allows us to accommodate for the fact that we have employees of various shift patterns that need the software to function according to there needs which were an issue with the previous tool we were using before.

What Core HR solution do you use?

breathehr review by Alison G.
Alison G.

"Amazing functionality for the price!"

What do you like best?

I love that BreatheHR allows our company to take care of multiple HR problems or functions in one place. We can manage vacation time, sick time, company documents/policies and track overtime. All of these things are needed and very important to our small 15 person team. I also love their customer support. Even though the staff are in the UK and we are based in Canada we always have a fast response time and excellent answers to help us when we aren't sure how we should be doing something. I also think their customer support documentation has gotten so much better over the last few years so there are many times I can search for things and find answers to my issues on my own. I also love the ability to do batch or bulk actions for multiple employees at one time.

What do you dislike?

I find the UI of the software is sometime hard to get around. There are so many different places to find functionality that often you catch yourself saying "I know this is somewhere, but where do I find it?'. While the look has improved over the last year or so with an upgrade there is still some ways that the functionality disappears. Some of that might also be HR wording differences between Canada and the UK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot and give yourself some time to find your way around!

We have solved our problems around booking and approving vacation time, giving employees copies of their own company documents, tracking overtime and allocating that time as time in lieu, managing sick days and managing policies and procedures with the positive benefit of showing digital sign off of documents to our auditors. We have also utilitized the software to incorporate a kudos section into our quarterly staff meetings. The ability for people to provide quiet positive work feedback has worked very well in our favour for our staff.

breathehr review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A Basic but Very Effective HR Tool"

What do you like best?

The design of the software looks a bit basic but the advantage here is that the key features laid out in plain sight. That said, navigation can be a little confusing sometimes.

Compared to previous HR software used, BreatheHR provides great value for money. HR software doesn't have to be all singing-all dancing and BreatheHR isn't, which is why the end price is affordable.

We have only had to contact BreatheHR themselves a handful of times but their customer service has been brilliant every time. They are very responsive and issues were solved in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the kudos feature. It doesn't get used and I doubt it gets used in many other workplaces. It'd be better if this was ditched and money invested in improving the software in other areas.

Despite the simple design, it can get a little confusing when navigating the software at times. The calendars can also be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go - it's good value for money and a simple yet effective tool.

All HR related management for 50+ staff. This includes holiday, sickness, documents, expenses and more.

breathehr review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Staff Management System"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to manage staff holiday, set objectives/future goals, request training and so much more. Also, I like having the ability to add the staff Calendar within breathehr to my Gmail calendar as this makes it so handy to see when staff are off.

What do you dislike?

I haven't encountered anything that I dislike, we are extremely satisfied with using breathehr.

Much better staff management rather than manual systems like before.

breathehr review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"BreathHR, Nice interface and simple to use"

What do you like best?

Really nice interface, simple to use for managing holidays and sickness.

What do you dislike?

More granularity when setting deliverables and objectives would be good. Also some default templates or questionnaires for one to ones.

We use it for managing holidays, sick leave, performance and disciplinary. it helps us to reduce the time of the admin associated with managing staff and gives them ownership of there own data and responsibilities.

breathehr review by User in Computer Software

"This is a very good HR tool"

What do you like best?

It a great tool for human capital management. You can configure the objectives, request holidays, add certification, make special request for training, check the number of holidays left, set the home address, set emergency contacts and so on. It's a very great tool.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it's very user friendly, for the new users it can take a while before they know how to navigate the different menu options. Also the automatic mail mechanism sometimes seems that doesn't work properly: I had to go and check manually if my request was approved or not. Anyway silly problems that can be fixed easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better management of the human capital

breathehr review by User

"Very good for SME's "

What do you like best?

The Holiday calculator is great and makes working out your A/L very easy.

It has a system for giving Kudos on a job well done to other members of your organisation - very good for morale!

I really like the way it presents objectives & deliverable.

What do you dislike?

Some fields do not fit specific needs. Instructions not always clear on how to use different functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

easy to calculate A/L remaining / used. Company calendar easy to view and make sense of.

breathehr review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Amazing software"

What do you like best?

All our HR needs in one place and provides real value for money

What do you dislike?

Maybe more functionality for the HR user in the app.

Everything from holiday, expenses, ID, signed document, sickness monitoring, shared company documents, kudos for good work.

breathehr review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"HR platform for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, user friendly, customer service is very fast.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not good enough for management reports. Too basic and not good filtering to apply to the reports.

We have employees working from home and 3 different countries. By using the platform I can see exactly who and when is supposed to be in the office.

Learning about breathehr?

* We monitor all breathehr reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.