Somewhat limited capabilities:
1. Too many pictures taken using the phone app will cause it to crash or not store the photos.
2. Phone app and desktop application differ in capabilities, (i.e. you cannot edit photos in the desktop application but you can from the app which is harder to do on a small picture).
3. Can only delete pictures from the app, not the desktop application.
4. You cannot zoom into photos and the size of those is relatively small on both app and desktop.
5. You cannot drag and drop a group of pictures into the desktop application for uploading to an issue. They have to be loaded one at a time, which is slow and inefficient.
6. When pictures are uploaded to a report, (or to the desktop application from the app) they are loaded in no particular order, which can be confusing if pictures were taken in a progressive fashion.
7. Difficult to add continuation to issues because there is no automatic delineation between revisions (other than in the comments section which adds a date to comments made). - so if you want to come back to an issue at a later date or time and add more pictures as items progress, there is no distinction between pictures taken on day one or later.
8. Also, there is no date or title function for individual photos to give context (other than typing on each photo from the app which is time consuming.
9. Can be somewhat slow to use in the field (having to fill out multiple fields and type on a small screen can be very time consuming and slow if trying to capture multiple items and type descriptions from the phone keyboard).
Might make a good tool for tracking a limited number of issues and/or issues that will be resolved quickly.
Can become cumbersome if trying to track many items and/or if items are being tracked long term as they progress.
I am tracking construction issues as they are identified, opened for inspection, and changes are made. Benefits are limited to having all items tracked and stored in one location, and being able to somewhat easily search them by using the tags and save notes regarding the items.