Brightcove

Ask Brightcove a Question
Showing 20 Brightcove reviews
Brightcove review by <span>Jon E.</span>
Jon E.

Robust and diverse platform for delivering and measuring video to any audience

What do you like best?

The relationship we've developed with Brightcove has been key to our success. Any time we've had challenges or questions the various teams at Brightcove (Account Execs, Tech Support, etc.) have been there to help guide our evolution. We continue to grow and refine the ways we take advantage of all the capabilities the platform offers.

What do you dislike?

The UI's in some of the admin interfaces are not as clean as they could be, but I've seen continual improvement over time, and none of these UI issues have compromised our capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand what your video strategy is so you can map Brightcove features to it, and define what you will use as KPI's for that strategy.

We're a large B2B technology company, and our primary challenges include enabling our audience of engineers to leverage our technologies. We enable our sales force with product information, competitive landscape, and sales tips via video, and create tech tip videos to help enable more self-service problem solving. Additionally we use live events to engage the entire organization for CEO town halls, business unit all-hands, etc. Among the benefits we've realized are more efficient sales processes, reduced tech support engagement, better employee engagement and morale, and a wealth of data we can leverage to help guide our video strategy.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brightcove
Brightcove review by <span>Tanner S.</span>
Tanner S.

A Good Full-Featured Video Hosting and Streaming Provider

What do you like best?

We use this software to host and stream hundreds of videos for our eLearning content. Our error rate has dramatically decreased with our eLearning content by streaming the videos from this service rather than embedding them directly into the project. Before with the embedded videos we would sometimes have learners who were having issues with the video loading directly from the project or our own hosting, but the streaming and linking using HTML objects seems to have helped almost completely eradicate that.

What do you dislike?

The UI seems to be a little dated, but with a little bit of poking around you are always able to find the features that you are looking for. There seems to be a bit of confusion sometimes with the video ID, player ID and other attributes that are required for the streaming linking to work properly. Perhaps if they were to rename them a bit more specifically it would improve this aspect of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is very fully featured and can support a large number of videos as well as serve thousands of users per day.

Instead of embedding the videos directly into the eLearning content, we stream the videos using an HTML object that points to the source file hosted by Brightcove. Through some advanced coding, we are also able to use Javascript to be able to communicate back to the eLearning content from Brightcove. This allows us to control the navigation of the content until the completion of the video.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Brightcove review by <span>Chloe S.</span>
Chloe S.

Great digital asset management tool

What do you like best?

Brightcover Video cloud stores a large amount of videos and enables easy sharing with colleagues and the public. The status column allows for a clear picture of which videos are approved to use while playlists keep videos neat and orderly.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of learning curve. The user interface isn't extremely intuitive so it takes some time to get the hang of it. Also, if credentials are compromised there's a lot of power to delete videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your research. There's a lot of video cloud solutions out there and there's rarely a one size fits all solution. However, BrightCove is a robust contender that definitely deserves serious consideration. Keep in mind the kinds of files you want to be able to store, how many users will need to access Brightcove, and what your privacy concerns and limitations are. Be sure to set up a system of playlists and tags before opening it up to multiple users in order to keep things from getting out of hand. Like many cloud solutions, the lack of structure will make it more of a headache than a benefit for your users. This is easily solved with a well thought out infrastructure.

We needed a trustworthy video storage software that would meet the needs of multiple departments--Brightcove does just that. The benefit is the ability to share videos without a download link as well as keep all videos categorized and filed in an easily searchable and usable format.

Brightcove review by Executive Sponsor in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Executive Sponsor in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Poor customer service, and even worse software

What do you like best?

The fact that I am no longer using Brightcove to manage my company's video content.

What do you dislike?

As a video player and management system, I've been disappointed by Brightcove since I arrived on the scene at the company I work for. Dreadful performance, poor user interfaces, weak reporting, and extremely limiting functionality from the Admin side of things makes this platform unbearable to use. We've actually bailed out of using the system while still under contract, and have elected to use Youtube instead.

Dealing with Brightcove on contract matters is like pulling teeth. They are slow to respond (if they even do) to inquiries, and become even more painful to deal with when you tell them you no longer want to continue using their services.

I'm literally paying them for a full year of service and not using them, just to get off the platform because we did not give them 90 days advanced notice that we were opting out of the contract. I then had to get in touch with their legal counsel to amend our contract to no longer list us as an Auto-Renewal each January.

I just asked my account rep about simply terminating our account, since we have paid the entire year in full (thousands of dollars), and she said she would need to ask her leadership team about our options, and that she couldn't promise me anything!

I've wasted so much time dealing with this company over a poorly performing product that I felt compelled to warn others about them, which is very atypical of me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for other options. Youtube outperforms this system.

None.

Brightcove review by <span>Emma C.</span>
Emma C.

User-Friendly and Intuitive. Fairly easy to manage video library except for search functionality.

What do you like best?

For the most part, I love the interface. It's nice that a video is pushed to the top of the "media/video" page when you update or make changes to it. Makes it easy to keep track of your projects. I also love the "capture" feature for thumbnails/video stills. feature---it saves so much time from having to import your own still.

What do you dislike?

SEARCH. I'm constantly having issues with it. It doesn't give you the ability to search by a video's ID #. WHAT?! Also, sometimes searching partial terms doesn't work, and you have to basically search for a video by typing in it's title word for word. This is especially difficult for me because some of our videos are titled one thing on the site and something a little different on Brightcove. I also wish there was some sort of "history" feature that could show you a timeline of the changes you've recently made to a video. If a member of my team changed something about a video, I'd like to have the ability to receive email notifications about it or at least see a history of the changes to that specific video when I log into Brightcove.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the quick edit tool! If you just need to change a word in the description box or the title, quick edit makes it faster so you don't have to move away from the video library page into the actual video (and keep going back and forth, etc.)

The ability to rapidly turn around video projects and get them live on our site. Now that I'm used to the interface, I can basically upload a video and get it activated/published in less than 10 minutes.

Brightcove review by <span>Charles-David G.</span>
Charles-David G.

BEst way to make video on the web easy

What do you like best?

The stats section is awsome ! also the fact that many user can login. with admins etc..

What do you dislike?

At first it can be overwhelming to use the playlist system, its not very user friendly. Also at first you dont know if the vidoe is published... it could be more clear...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a big tool with many options it will get the job done but dont expect it to be easy tu sue at first!

Making videos and getting money out if it without being restricted like youtube does !

Learning about Brightcove?

* We monitor all Brightcove reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.