BrightEdge

Learning about BrightEdge?

BrightEdge Reviews

Ask BrightEdge a Question
Showing 108 BrightEdge reviews
BrightEdge review by Amanda R.
Amanda R.

"Marketing Data and SEO Professional"

What do you like best?

My favorite BrightEdge feature is the Anomaly detection. I receive emails on a weekly basis detailing out which of my tracked keywords have dropped out of page 1 with action-based recommendations I can use to optimize my web pages and get them back on page 1.

What do you dislike?

The Insights tool could use some improvement. Every so often, there are actionable items that I can use to improve my ranking, but more often than not, the insights are not actionable or they are too general for me to be able to fix anything specific on my website.

BrightEdge allows me to show BMC leadership the value of a high search engine ranking and of SEO in general. I am able to clearly show them how our page ranking affects traffic to our website which then affects online conversion on the site.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrightEdge
BrightEdge review by Jeanne Q.
Jeanne Q.

"True to their name: BRIGHT People & Tools which give us the ultimate competitive EDGE"

What do you like best?

Fantastic, cutting edge tools: My favorite is the data cube tool that gives us great insight into the search landscape. BrightEdge is always innovating too, so I feel like simply being part of the BrightEdge family keeps us innovative as well.

Great support: Everyone I've worked with in BrightEdge, especially my current client success manager (and my other three were fantastic too!) has been very helpful and caters to my company's needs. They're willing to put in the hours to help us be successful.

What do you dislike?

Because they have so many different features on the platform, it could take a little time to get used to the different interfaces, but this is more so if you aren't in the platform enough. Once you use it more, you definitely get the swing of things easily. The great thing about BrightEdge is that they're open to suggestions, so if you think there's a better way to do something, or if there's a feature you think is missing, just tell them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at their features online or talk to a representative and they'll be happy to show you around the platform. If you want to do well in search, BrightEdge is a fantastic platform and team to help you make great progress.

One huge business problem is showing the value of SEO to people in our company that matter. With BrightEdge's visually powerful dashboards and the help of my awesome CSM(s), I've been able to communicate that much more easily.

We have niche markets, and many of them, so it can be overwhelming to try to take on everything. My CSM has worked with me to to tackle different projects little by little and segment them on the platform.

What SEO solution do you use?

BrightEdge review by Sam K.
Sam K.

"Enterprise SEO at Scale, Great Value, Best in Class"

What do you like best?

Breadth & Depth of Solution. As someone who has been involved with SEO and organic marketing for over 12 years, the hardest challenge is to keep up with the hundreds of search engine algorithm changes. Brightedge consolidates several tools in one integrated platform, provides collaborative capabilities across devices, has excellent customer support and certification to make you use the platform effectively, and more importantly, it works! The proof of the pudding is ranking on page 1 of Google, across content types, with engagement that results in better business outcomes for our clients, while saving us time and $$.

What do you dislike?

Minor quibble, I prefer using it on desktop to make better use of the data and insights. A bigger screen works more effectively for my workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a demo to realize how easy it is to get insights using Data cube in minutes.

Also, get a sense of how you can leverage some of the other features:

Opportunity Forecast - This is great as you can add a $ value to make a compelling SEO ROI case for management

Page Reporting - Drill down on how well your content is performing

Intent Signal - Insights on how to tweak your content (keyword level insights!) benchmarked against organic competition

Brightedge Content - AI driven real-time content editor - integrate trending topics, optimize internal website link structure - basically as a marketer, take back the power to edit website pages, knowing you are giving it the right SEO juice, while balancing for user engagement

Storybuilder - Besides Datacube, this is my second favorite 'feature'. It helps tell a data-driven story that is visual, engaging and not constrained by system limitations. We craft stories different for different clients based on their needs.

Note: There are many other features to explore, including Content IQ, Hyper Local (drill down to local searches, esp. useful for retailers or multi-location businesses).

Also, Brightedge has frequent User Groups across the US. I learn a lot from engaging with fellow marketers and SEO/Content managers on how they are leveraging BrightEdge to address organic marketing challenges.

As an agency, helps us with:

Leverage - Fewer resources for running SEO & Content Marketing, helps team focus on proving strategic insights, rather than spending time collecting data, reporting, keyword and competitor tracking

Scale - Helps us take on more clients by automating tasks, replacing the need to use 5 disparate tools - 12X efficiency

Time - Saves us over 10 hours every week in analysis, competitor benchmarking and reporting

Strategic - Keeps up with search algorithms to provide great SEO & Content insights

BrightEdge review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"Everything you need (and more) to run a successful SEO program!"

What do you like best?

The BrightEdge SEO platform offers access to a tremendous depth of insightful data that can be used to better inform your SEO strategies and ensure program success. We leverage the platform for virtually all of our SEO clients, and have found a benefit both in terms of the overall results; as well as our internal efficiency in identifying and executing on opportunities.

We've also found that the platform offers a large benefit to our content creators and copywriters, who now have a streamlined process that leverages BrightEdge to identify search demand and better understand what to write about based on the intent behind the customer's searches. This has made our content more effective both in terms of traffic and conversion.

What do you dislike?

Like all rich platforms, you'll get out of it what you put in. The user interface is simple and easy to use; but in order to leverage the advanced features (which are super powerful), you'll need to invest a little in training. We've found their online training videos to be great resources. In the event that you may need hands on training, their team has been excellent to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of the value beyond just "SEO" ... what can the software offer to your overall content marketing efforts?

Our goal is to improve the organic footprint, traffic and revenue generation for a wide variety of clients across industries.

BrightEdge review by Christine B.
Christine B.

"The SEO Platform That Helps You Tell a Story That Gets Heard"

What do you like best?

Using BrightEdge has changed my relationship with SEO. Thanks to a robust on-boarding period, their (mostly) intuitive platform, and ongoing support, keyword research is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Some actions are more tedious or take longer than I would like. The one example, is keyword research using the Data Cube. If I search for a specific term that then returns 1,000 results, I have to click through (alphabetically) until I find the exact term I was interested in. Another is how long it takes for a term to show up when you assign it a preferred landing page.

We are in the early stages of our SEO initiative. To date, I think it is making the content team more intentional in its efforts. Already, we are creating a more organized, holistic experience across the company's site.

BrightEdge review by Megan Q.
Megan Q.

"BrightEdge drives insights "

What do you like best?

The BrightEdge user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. BrightEdge has developed great training resources that make it easy for multiple people across the company to become power users quickly. Their customer service is excellent making us feel like they are an extended part of the team.

What do you dislike?

BrightEdge has been receptive to feature requests and feedback. We are waiting for the day when we can further customize the Brightedge Insights report email to be specific for users.

BrightEdge allows us to efficiently pull insights and track keywords that are important to our business. This tool helps us monitor trends and measure impact of micro-optimizations. We also find great value in ContentIQ to catch technical breaks.

BrightEdge review by Kari P.
Kari P.

"I enjoy the user friendly features available. "

What do you like best?

I like that the dashboard is user friendly and makes SEO easier to understand for beginners like myself. I also like the customization tools.

What do you dislike?

Our rep contacts us a lot. Usually I would love this, but I think he connects with us so much that we do not have enough to talk about each time. I wish we could set up meetings quarterly versus every two weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See if you can set up monthly or quarterly meetings with your account manager. Ours is a little too eager to meet.

It has allowed us to improve our SEO. We have seen benefits for content development and have really begun to focus on our SEO strategy.

BrightEdge review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"An Enterprise SEO's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Brightedge is their Data Cube and Content IQ. These are the two areas I use the most when I'm using Brightedge.

Data Cube provides a wealth of great information not only your website, but competitor sites as well. It's very hard to get as granular with organic traffic and keywords other tools that I've used.

I run Content IQ once, sometimes twice a week to see what things I can easily fix like title tags as well as identify any issues that may be going on with the website's performance.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really dislike is the cap at which we're at when looking at the number of pages and keywords we can track. Since we have thousands of pages and hundreds of keywords we could track, it's not possible from a budget perspective to track each page or keyword in Brightedge, although I would love to be able to!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the money if you own or manage an enterprise level ecommerce website.

With Brightedge, we're identifying organic keyword and content opportunities we should be pursuing to grow traffic and revenue. We also use Brightedge to decrease our reporting time, which saves our company time and money we can use on executing our work.

So far we have been happy with the power of the tool and have seen organic keywords continue to increase over the past few months for a couple of our sites. Brightedge has also been helpful in identifying future content ideas based on the type of search result desired.

BrightEdge review by David P.
David P.

"In-Depth Platform With Professional & Skilled Support"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge has given our agency an immense advantage over competitors and provided actionable insights that very few other platforms can deliver. Customer support with BrightEdge is top-notch and they were always available when we needed them. Our main support representative, Kevin McCormick, was absolutely beneficial to our needs and knowledgeable on every aspect of their platform. His detailed insights and knack for creating custom dashboards helped us understand the performance of our clients and their competitors better.

Overall, BrightEdge is a game changer that has helped us make a digital impact on client projects. I highly recommend that you take a look for yourself...you'll be glad you did! A big thanks to BrightEdge and it's talented support team!

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of videos to review for the BrightEdge exam. Although I'm now BrightEdge Certified, consolidating some videos may be more effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The amount of data that you'll gain is immeasurable if you're looking to get ahead in Digital Marketing.

Insights beyond standard charts and numbers. We're able to keep better track of keyword performance and the ability to identify how competitors are using target terms to engage their audience is also helpful.

BrightEdge review by Spencer B.
Spencer B.

"BrightEdge Review by SEO"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in creating the dashboards, the storybuilder functionality and BrightEdge constantly updating the platform to make it more helpful. Also has an intuitive design and creates bright, attractive reports. DataCube and competitor analysis.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult and time consuming to build out keyword lists for everything. It can be made a little easier to change keyword groups across all charts inside of a dashboard, or attribute one keyword to multiple groups for instance. It also does not handle the tracking of two domains as a single marketing channel (although this was only specific to our sites in a fairly uncommon case). Larger exports for datacube would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this platform to track, manage and improve SEO campaigns as well as report to upper management. It can also help you create content, and the datacube has insights on your competitors.

Improved awareness of SEO, recommendations to improve content, tracking of keyword ranks and access to ranking data on multiple terms through Data Cube along with competitor information.

BrightEdge review by Victoria R.
Victoria R.

"BrightEdge helped us establish a solid SEO plan across multiple properties."

What do you like best?

The Data Cube is a tremendous tool to gauge potential SEO opportunities and traffic grabs. And their Content IQ has made adoption very enticing for our content writers. From a reporting standpoint, we pull up their Performance Dashboard to review weekly with our content writers, web designers and programmers.

What do you dislike?

We just recently switched our BrightEdge support team. Takes awhile to get up and running to where we have a relationship and understanding of our unique business needs. Like dating again when you've been married for awhile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform allows users to gain as much as they bring to the data. Content writers may go in a few times a month, while our digital marketing analyst may be in the platform every day.

The data improvement points and opportunities are reported every month in our key businesses (Cosmetics, Crafts) in our trifecta of social marketing, website builds and organic search gain.

BrightEdge review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"We couldn't do what we do without BrightEdge."

What do you like best?

The tools are robust and informative, but more important than that is the culture of excellence we've seen permeate through the entire organization. There's excellence in continuing innovation, excellence in support, and excellence in day-to-day account management by their teams.

What do you dislike?

I'd love more customization as an admin. We're in a phase where we want to drastically scale up BrightEdge usage and access across our corporation, but are hesitant to do it without being able to ONLY serve certain parts of the platform. This is a super nitpicky thing to be concerned about, but it's our primary pain point right now...and it's not necessarily a huge one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BrightEdge can take an SEO team of 1 and give it the capabilities it needs to be much larger, faster and impactful than could have otherwise been the case. I've been a BrightEdge user on both the agency and the client side now, and have fielded demos from other competitors over the years. BrightEdge is the clear industry leader.

We're a small search team, within a large company, with a lot of demands for our time and attention. There is only one full-time SEO strategist in the entire company -- me. What BrigthEdge allows me to do is not only do my own analysis, reporting and tracking in a quick and efficient manner, but it also allows me to delegate. Instead of having to do research for our writers, I am able to give our editorial staff the keys to their own BrightEdge accounts to do their own research. We now have a stable of search-savvy copywriters who don't need me in their business for us all to create quality content!

BrightEdge review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Best SEO Marketing Platform for Fortune 500 Companies"

What do you like best?

I like that BrightEdge is an all-in-one SEO marketing platform, and the best in class (really in a class all its own when compared to everything else on the market). It's ideal for running high performance SEO campaigns for Fortune 500 companies. I especially like the SEO research capabilities, as well as the AI powered recommendations and custom reporting.

What do you dislike?

Because BrightEdge is a premium solution, it takes some time transitioning from all the smaller toolsets many SEOs use (often simultaneously) to a larger platform. But, like anything else, it takes time, and once fully oriented worth the effort.

Large companies are investing heavily in SEO, as it has fully evolved into a revenue generating powerhouse. BrightEdge's platform makes it possible to research, audit, prioritize, and recommend strategies that elevate more pages on the first page of Google, where the real traffic & revenues follow. The superb reporting justifies the investment, often showing strong returns in a very short amount of time.

BrightEdge review by Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

"Best SEO Tool for B2B"

What do you like best?

The most challenging part of SEO is that the rules keep changing and best practices are becoming more specific by industry. BrightEdge keeps you current. With their weekly Insights email, even the most beginner user can make quick changes that result in big gains. DataCube and ample reporting keep more advanced users busy. And their team of experts is always just a phone call away.

What do you dislike?

For larger corporate websites, it's important to be able to filter out sections and subdomains that don't apply to your team. BrightEdge has incorporated this ability on some of their features, but not all. Still waiting on these updates.

The majority of our leads come from the website via form fills. Our goals were to not only increase the conversion rate on our website, but also increase the quality of those conversions. Organic traffic is the highest quality traffic we get. After a few months using BrightEdge, our web manager reported that our conversion rate had increased by almost 2 percentage points and 68% of conversions were coming from organic. That immediately results in better leads for our Sales team.

BrightEdge review by Konstantinos G.
Konstantinos G.

"Powerful but needs support"

What do you like best?

What I like best about BrightEdge is the flexibility of the Story Builder functionality and the power of Data Cube which can provide SEO performance info for any website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that for several edits such as the addition of a new domain to the platform (assuming there is an available slot) or edits as to the way the URLs appear in the page reporting functionality have to go through the support team. I would prefer that the users would be more empowered to make edits on the platform and so only contact support when there is a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BrightEdge is a really powerful tool and can help businesses take the next step forward towards perfecting their website's SEO performance with ease.

Keyword Research, SEO performance tracking and reporting, decision of the next SEO step for improvement of our and our clients' website performance.

BrightEdge review by Kimberly P.
Kimberly P.

"The Platform to Power Content Marketing "

What do you like best?

The volume of data the BrightEdge platform is tapping into is massive and the tools their product team are constantly layering on top to inform strategies for our clients is top of class. I use Data Cube on a daily basis to identify opportunities with clients.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much however the technical crawls aren't always as thorough as we're looking for to support clients for technical SEO however we have our own tools to augment this so it's never been an issue as the benefits of the platform way out perform this limitation.

As an agency, we're using BrightEdge with all of our clients to support our content marketing efforts related to integrated search strategies. The competitive intelligence and keyword research tools are extremely insightful for us to inform our strategies and tactics.

BrightEdge review by Jane P.
Jane P.

"Every SEO Metric Needed in One Place"

What do you like best?

Wow - where do I begin? I like the depth of tools that are in BrightEdge. Anything from keyword tracking to organic traffic (internationally as well), to content evaluation. The tool tells you what you need to do to the page in order to rank better and also provides insight to what the competitors are doing. The latest enhancement provides a really great technical audit that is completely customizable.

What do you dislike?

They are releasing so many new enhancements to the tool that it is hard to keep up!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had looked at all other enterprise SEO tools out there and evaluated them thoroughly. Don't let anyone tell you different. This is by far the best tool out there!

Lack of organic traffic - this tool allowed me to find better competitive keywords and then properly optimize on page and off page to get better traffic.

BrightEdge review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great new CMS with a variety of features"

What do you like best?

Diving beyond just regular metrics into really interesting analytics is really easy and cool to see here. BrightEdge makes SEO optimization so much easier than any other platform I've used.

What do you dislike?

It's still super new, so it's been super glitchy for us. But the dev/tech team has been responsive and implemented the changes we've needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time at the beginning to fully train in what the platform offers. There are so many cool little things inside, but remembering them all and how to use them (especially for someone who's relatively new to SEO) can be daunting. But otherwise, it's a great editorial tool.

We use BrightEdge as a blog platform for one of our brands, and we're really focusing hard on SEO right now, so it makes my job easier and tasks easier to perform. Our exec team has enjoyed the additional features this provides us and the info we're getting as well.

BrightEdge review by Farrah F.
Farrah F.

"Good SEO platform but a bit pricey"

What do you like best?

Data cube allows for access to lots of data around not only your website but competitors. It's very easy to use for most people at our company so getting adoption isn't too big of a problem. The UX/UI is fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The inability access the data via API for a large enterprise this is important. This keeps us from allowing our data scientists to mine the data to look for opportunities that are there. Also with a large website and millions of keywords, the pricing plan is unsustainable for a large amount of keywords. There are other vendors out there that can do similar for a lot less and with more flexible structure. The value is the ease of use but if you have ability in house to do more, this prevents you from reaching the next level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for API access to the data

We are able to track keywords and content marketing efforts.

BrightEdge review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"De-mystifies SEO ... for the most part"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge takes a dark art and makes it mostly understandable and straightforward. It lays out tasks in a very linear manner, and tells you what you need to do to get your site ranking better in the major search engines. The onboarding is process is excellent as well, but we were generating usable insights out of BrightEdge on Day 1.

What do you dislike?

Every time you track keywords off a master keyword list it takes to back to page 1 of the list. With a long list that can get very frustrating. Also, changing the rank order in a report sometime requires drilling into a secondary menu. Finally, it's garbage in/garbage out. If you track misspelled keywords BrightEdge will tell you to add those keywords to your content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the leap! Brightedge has great support and will help you de-mystify this dark art.

It enables us to do our own SEO with minimal employee resource, and save money in the process.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid and innovative platform, but at a high price point"

What do you like best?

I have used BrightEdge for several years, and for me, what sets it apart from other platforms is the customer service - particularly the account reps. Our reps meet with us monthly to go through new platform updates and to help us diagnose issues. They work with you to analyze your search data and identify new opportunities. It's like having an extra member of the team! Fantastic individuals who have provided a lot of value for us in the past.

What do you dislike?

Pricing has become somewhat ridiculous. You are charged separately for each device and location you want to track, all on a keyword-level - which means that if you want to track a single keyword on all major devices, you need to pay 3X the price. It has become cost-prohibitive for many of our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for large brands.

Search rank tracking over time, technical site health, and search and content opportunities. We have captured many striking distance opportunities using BrightEdge.

BrightEdge review by Angelina C.
Angelina C.

"Incredibly Poor Platform-- Use SEM Rush"

What do you like best?

I like what I thought this platform was but was incredibly disappointed in the product offering and how little value it provided. This is a overpriced platform. You could use SEM rush for a fraction of the cost and get better information in your dashboard. Brightedge marketed features sound amazing for content & SEO-- for instance, the content IQ and landing page analysis features are what my dreams were made up but when used-- they provided no value. When you want to take action, they send a consult over and try to charge you 15k to consult-- not even performing the actions that one could easily ascertain from Google Analytics. We improved our ranking and content process by using SEM Rush and good old fashioned data from Google analytics. Also, keyword search volume in bright edge was incorrect, they inflate the volume and recommendations are so basic-- like adding this keyword to meta description... #lame

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately the whole platform is a fail and it's incredible overpriced. I discovered SEM Rush six months into our Brightedge contract and stoped using Brightedge. We will not be resigning with Brightedge-- no value to the customer beyond what is available. Support is OK but the product needs to be significantly improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use SEM Rush-- the features are amazing, the support rocks, and it blows bright edge out of the water from providing actionable tasks to help win organically.

Optimizing organic search

BrightEdge review by Natalie A.
Natalie A.

"Power user for 3+ years"

What do you like best?

-Insights that help us focus our efforts on where they will make the biggest impact and track progress over time.

-Comprehensive data with robust filter options let me drill down to the level of detail I need.

-Helpful, responsive account managers and support team.

-Annual conferences have loads of valuable content.

What do you dislike?

When announcing new features for the platform, wish they would be clearer about release timelines, availability, and pricing. They build pretty innovative functionality but it's not always available without additional fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any solution, implementing it will not automatically make your SEO better. It takes work, but it is doable for a small team to make a large impact using this set of tools.

We have significantly improved our organic search presence, site traffic, and lead volume.

BrightEdge review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Most comprehensive SEO tool there is"

What do you like best?

The data cube they've invented pulls the best from Google Search Console and does all the heavy lifting. They also cache all the search console info so you can get historical. Their PLP process is very easy to assign keywords to pages, too.

What do you dislike?

Customizing the dashboards can be tricky and isn't intuitive. The pre-built reports usually cover everything I need though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organize your keywords into groups ahead of time so you can take better advantage of the reports. It's also useful to use the built in CRM to assign tasks to other users.

Keyword tracking, identifying high value content and new visits. Everything is very well set up with page groups and keyword groups so we can easily identify what's performing well and what's not. We can easily pivot and change strategy to adjust for market conditions.

BrightEdge review by Sean T.
Sean T.

"Very good - if expensive - SEO tool"

What do you like best?

The StoryBuilder is a great way to build a report designed to answer a question that a client may have. The Recommendations for improving tracked pages are also very useful.

What do you dislike?

I have occasionally experienced delays or interruptions in data collection which has made it necessary for me to contact their support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with your account rep to get the very best out of the tool and be sure to take the free online certification video classes. Not everything in the tool is intuitive or self-explanatory, and it is worthwhile taking the time to learn how to get the best out of it.

I mostly use it to provide dashboards to stakeholders, but it's also very useful as a research and analysis tool, providing you complete all the possible integrations with Google Analytics and Google Search Console and plan keyword groups and page groups thoughtfully with scalability in mind.

BrightEdge review by John V.
John V.

"A good tool for your website"

What do you like best?

The Data Cube is one of the best features of the platform, but no the only feature I like. If you want to see how your competitors rank compared to you or to other site, the data cube gives you some really good insights on page ranks, search volumes and more.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve for the platform, lots of different features and lots of time to really learn how to use them. Brigthtedge really does help with this and they have a good team of experts to answer all your questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a product that I would recommend to definitely trail and see the great benefits of using it. There's lots of info that this platform can give your website, that your probably over looked.

Brightedge is able to give us insight on the pages on our website that are ranking low on search engines and recommends to us what we can do to improve on this.

BrightEdge review by Lauren K.
Lauren K.

"BrightEdge Experience"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge is a powerful tool to support one of the biggest challenges in SEO, showing a client ROI. Top features for me would be the advanced keyword tracking, search volume, estimated clicks per keyword, page reporting, competitor comparison, automatic and manual task tracking and management, data cube, scanning and tracking for various keyword categories: images, video, regular web listings, local 3-pack, carousel, places, quick answers, etc.

What do you dislike?

would like dashboard reports to be under clients name instead of all bunched in together. Would like the option to change the colors on dashboards so that colors that are really close like teal and blue don't get mixed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best software for research, tracking, and showing ROI.

The ability to show a client their ROI each month/quarter.

BrightEdge review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Great Platform for Scaling SEO"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge does a great job providing clear, concise data in an easy to understand UI. Like many SEOs, content creators and owners are not within the same team, so ensuring that these users can understand and prioritize content creation with SEO best practices in mind is critical, and I think that BrightEdge has always done a good job elevating these metrics making them actionable for the greater content teams.

What do you dislike?

An area where BrightEdge can improve is through buyer journeys. I'd like to see content and corresponding KPIs visually structured in a way that lets users prioritize based on user experience on and off my website - focusing less on specific keywords but more on the entire thought process and potential searches that take plan to reach content- especially with voice search now bringing more long-tail keywords with low search volume, than less keywords with high search volume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know exactly why SEO is important for your bsuiness, and what success looks like. BrightEdge can help set a path to a defined goal. BrightEdge can be an overwhelming tool for those that don't have specific KPIs - knowing what you want will allow BrightEdge to help get you there.

I've been spending most of my time understanding and monitoring keywords that drive awareness of our product solutions - influencing content creation, and on the flip side using BrightEdge to uncover terminology used for our existing product content for optimization. I continue to use BrightEdge to track and monitor our "high value" keywords that are driving the majority of organic traffic to the site.

BrightEdge review by Philip C.
Philip C.

"Automated Reporting Gets the Whole Organization On Board"

What do you like best?

Once configured, the tool is incredibly powerful, and scales appropriately for a large organization. Our favorite feature is storybuilder, and we use it to provide valuable data on a monthly basis to various teams involved in content creation across the company. The biggest challenge is allocating the necessary resources to take full advantage of each feature.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult/tedious to re-assign multiple keywords between groups, and the limits placed on keyword tracking make hygiene a consistent concern within the platform, requiring upkeep more often than one might like.

Brightedge has made it possible to monitor organic performance across the site, improve our rankings for keywords essential to our brand, and automate valuable reports to various stakeholders across our organization. While using the tool, we have seen organic traffic to our site increase by over 60%, in conjunction with a site migration. .

BrightEdge review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"BrightEdge, the SEO Platform for Digital Team with some to little SEO knowledge"

What do you like best?

Quick response from the support team

DataCube is an awesome module they've developed

Love the instant report builder they're product called Storybuilder

What do you dislike?

To further be integrated with log analytics or web crawlers, would be cool if they can integrate with companies like Botify.

They don't give me the option to get my global ranking only by country.

I don't have a comprehensive user report. I would like to understand what modules are used the most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider adding features such as web crawlers & log analyzers to understand what URLs have been crawled and indexed.

Creating primary keyword phrases for every product group. Create dashboards for all the product groups to track content improvement.

Understand competitors share of voice

Provide dashboards to executives

BrightEdge review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Making SEO Manageable"

What do you like best?

A modest and responsive UI design I can stretch it over my two screens. The UI is minimal, simple and clean.

Colours have been designed and UI organised to allow both for extended screen time use, or for quick glances.

Interactive help windows with pop up with functionality selection, and access help videos directly from the interface without losing where you were.

What do you dislike?

Tried very hard to answer this question but to no avail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A bad tradesman always blame his tools, so to get the most out of Brightedge make sure you invest time to familiarize yourself and understand the platform, knowing the support team -second to none- has your back, and the research team is on top of the ever-changing search landscape. A true partnership, where the possibilities are endless.

Finding additional keyword and topic opportunities that enable me to expand my site and capture new traffic, tracking and dashboards, and correctly attributing the channel.

BrightEdge review by Eugene F.
Eugene F.

"A must for any enterprise level SEO team!"

What do you like best?

DataCube is one of the most defining features of the platform and it is fantastic. The UX of the platform is really well thought out and I can't wait to see new features to the platform. The level of customer service is beyond exceptional. I have spoken with competing agencies who offer sales people who really are nowhere near the same level as BrightEdge reps. You know you can trust them and they have access to the entire industry. They have introduced me to other customers and have helped build relationships.

What do you dislike?

I wish that url's would update automatically instead of having to update them every time they change. I wish there was more flexibility in somehow tying a keyword level data to revenue but this in general is a complicated feature. At the same time the API does not allow access to DataCube.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you speak with the rep that will be working with you potentially and maybe even give it a trial run if it's possible. The amount of data I analyze using this tool is pretty intense. I recently published an article on the analysis of 280K keywords for quick answer pattern examination.

Analyzing the entire competitive landscape as well as really looking at areas for growth for our company.

BrightEdge review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"SEO Manager"

What do you like best?

It's too difficult to come up with just one answer! First and foremost, this tool is extremely user friendly and has been the key to my success thus far! One of my favorite things about BrightEdge is that everything has a default setting, but everything can be customized to accommodate your client's needs.

What do you dislike?

It is hard for me to keep up with all of the new enhancements to the tool.

Prioritizing keywords and finding new/better keywords. The tool recommends keywords that I wouldn't have thought of on my own. This has helped me to properly optimize on page and off page for more traffic.

BrightEdge review by Kirill K.
Kirill K.

"Excellent SEO platform for a large enterprise"

What do you like best?

I've been using BrightEdge platform to drive SEO for many years. It is a very robust tool allowing us to measure results vs competitors, research opportunities that drive content strategy, identify technical issues, and much more. The platform is very flexible to manage and use and allows to scale our operation in all Geos. We get excellent level of support. BrightEdge product roadmap is very strong, and the team constantly introduces new features to make sure we get all we need with the rapidly changing search landscape.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough one to answer - especially since "dislike" is a required field and I need 40-characters minimum to fill in the space :) I am satisfied with everything I get out of the platform.

I need to scale SEO operations across multiple business groups, in all Geos - and I'm able to do that with BrightEdge.

BrightEdge review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Very Happy with BrightEdge"

What do you like best?

Customer support is awesome. Always available. Timely and very informed.

What do you dislike?

The platform is expensive. It can be worth the cost, but it is expensive nonetheless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this powerful tool. While it is expensive, the data available and the customer support is amazing.

BrightEdge allows us to pitch new clients with a great deal of useful information. It is allowing us to better serve clients with greater depth and analysis.

BrightEdge review by Administrator

"Solid Keyword Analysis Tool"

What do you like best?

Brightedge makes it easy to identify and manage keywords/keyword groups you want to track. Multiple filters and views offer good analysis.

What do you dislike?

Competitive insight is somewhat limited, and other SEO tools appear to have a broader feature set at a lowe price. BrightEdge has a lot of SEO muscle, but unless you have a dedicated resources to really get in and extract actionable value on a regular basis, it may not be your most cost-effective option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know exactly what you are looking for in an SEO analysis tool; other options may offer more for less.

We find insight into keyword rankings and SEO analysis that helps us prioritze our efforts.

BrightEdge review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Expensive but Very Advanced Suite of SEO Tools"

What do you like best?

The keyword reporting, page reporting, recommendations and tasks are my favorite features of BrightEdge. Being able to segment keywords into groups, assign primary landing pages, receive recommendations for optimizing those pages, and track if those recommendations have been implemented is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The StoryBuilder seems to have a lot of limitations. For example, you can track only 5 goals from Google Analytics at once, while Analytics allows for up to 20 goals. And reporting timeframes can be wonky as BrightEdge requires you to report on full weeks, even when using custom date ranges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be expensive, but BrightEdge helps bring all your SEO under one roof. The level of support we received and continue to receive has been excellent.

We use BrightEdge to bring all of our SEO clients and campaigns within one solution. It has helped us work more efficiently with our clients, deliver rich reporting, and keep track of the changes which have or have not been made.

BrightEdge review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great Platform Overall "

What do you like best?

*Data Cube -- Allows us to assess competitors' performance in terms of keyword rankings and share of voice in the industry

*On-Page Recommendations -- Based on the keywords we provide for certain pages, there are specific recommendations for us to further optimize the pages

*Anomaly Detection -- Receive notifications when significant changes in rankings have taken place for important keywords on the site.

What do you dislike?

*Sometimes the keyword data presented in the platform isn't up to date.

BrightEdge allows us to get a quick overview of how the website is performing, provides recommendations on how to optimize the site, and serves as a tool to see how we stack up against competitors.

BrightEdge review by Kevin H.
Kevin H.

"The tools and the reporting to make SEO real for our clients."

What do you like best?

The tools are obviously very helpful. However, I like the reporting best. It's a great way to show our clients that SEO is not magic and it works for their business.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could use my agency email to access all my clients accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BrightEdge is continually updating their tools. If you'd like an SEO tool, that is expanding beyond optimizations to content management and other workflows, BrightEdge should be part of your consideration set.

BrightEdge helps us prove real value to our clients and their business.

BrightEdge review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"BrightEdge is a helpful enterprise-level keyword rank tracking tool for SEO."

What do you like best?

BrightEdge has helpful dashboard-building capabilities and a functionality called DataCube that allows you to see the keywords any site on the web ranks for.

What do you dislike?

Some features of the tool have not been updated in a while and at times the client service can be spotty (depends on the rep).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the certification trainings as quickly as possible and take advantage of your Client Service Rep to answer any and all questions you have. They can be a great resource.

BrightEdge helps us prove the value of our organic search campaigns through the dashboarding capabilities (which tie into third-party tools). Having the ability to look at rank information next to analytics data is extremely helpful for proving the value of our efforts.

BrightEdge review by John V.
John V.

"Game changing data!"

What do you like best?

The data cube is a data gold mine of information and can help you reach actionable conclusions faster and with data you can trust.

What do you dislike?

Things i've disliked over time have gotten better. They are constantly improving the UI and giving us more actionable data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The data and support provided are best in class. If it makes sense in terms of cost for you it's your best choice.

Our standard reporting is overwhelming in data so having the ability to easily create executive level summaries is a big benefit to us and our clients. Our keyword research and trending analysis have gone up a level with use of the data cube. the ability to peer into the past and see how a site was ranking before is also very helpful.

BrightEdge review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent but very questionable pricing policies"

What do you like best?

They stay on top of the search engine world with reports on things like Quick Answers, Local Pack, Video search, as well as social impact on search and the best competitive analysis you can find in a tool like this.

What do you dislike?

Their pricing. Per-keyword pricing is an archaic way of setting prices--it certainly doesn't cost them thousands of dollars more in costs to be able to track just a few hundred more keywords. If you want to track mobile vs. desktop, that's more keywords you have to buy. And if you have a multilingual site, you're going to pay even more.

The pricing policies set by companies like GetStat.com are much more logical and fair. I wish Brightedge would start to realize that gouging customers is not a viable long-term strategy.

Also, the on-page SEO recommendations are far too cookie-cutter to be of use in the post-Panda era. I use them for reference, but I pity the company that takes them literally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand how they charge you per keyword, per search engine upfront. Be prepared to do a lot of setup work, but it'll be worth it.

I need to see how my site is doing against competitors and I need to prove the value of SEO to my company. So far, Brightedge does a pretty good job at both.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Useful, but needs to be used combined with a few other tools for a full picture"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use & the graphics. It's an all together pleasant interface. Like many tools, it strives to quantify the value of SEO, which is a great selling point. It helps to moderate specific rankings and their improvements.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how hard/ unintuitive some of the actions can be. An example would be the simple input of keywords to monitor. Unless you know where to go, you have he potential to get very lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely have somebody train you on all the capabilities. The software can do some pretty cool stuff if fully utilized. I also like to walk clients through it on a screen share or in person. They always seem to like the interface and understanding more about it. The certification is easy, so I wouldn't really focus on that, I would mainly try to constantly be in the loop with your rep about the newest updates and how they can be useful for you and your clients. I would also use tools like SEMRush and others to get a fuller picture of the SEO landscape.

The validation of SEO in terms of it's direct impact on profit. BrightEdge helps illustrate that to clients.

BrightEdge review by Tom K.
Tom K.

"Indispensable for SEO and Content Research"

What do you like best?

The DataCube and its research power are incredibly valuable for uncovering potential areas for content creation, in addition to estimating the success of competitors in content and SEO.

What do you dislike?

It's a nitpick, but I've never been a fan of the graphs - they look a little clunky to me and could use a visual upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For enterprise SEO or content purposes, BrightEdge will be highly valuable.

Tracking rankings progress over time and researching potential content topics using the DataCube.

BrightEdge review by Heather B.
Heather B.

"Best spend for our SEO efforts"

What do you like best?

This platform tracks page ranking for high traffic keywords, provides suggestions for page improvements and has a nice dashboard to track it all. Knowing that organic search is a long-term game, we started seeing result months earlier than anticipated.

What do you dislike?

For a 1 person marketing department, I wish there was more time to spend using Brightedge each day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have blindly spent money towards SEO efforts that never performed, were not tracked, and vendors just kept saying it takes time. In 3-6 months we were able to achieve what we had been wanting for 2-3 years.

Improving organic search rank and traffic, generating more organic leads.

BrightEdge review by Gretchen W.
Gretchen W.

"Advanced SEO Tools with Stellar Service"

What do you like best?

The high level of service we received was fantastic and the data cube is a great tool.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to justify the cost when your market and audience are very narrow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your audience and how narrow it is. When we struggled, it was because of low overall search volume due to a niche product. BrightEdge is a good choice, especially for broader solutions and products.

We used BrightEdge for validate our struggles with SEO rankings and make possible changes to facilitate improvements. We identified new terms using BrightEdge, have a better understanding of our competition, and have a better defined strategy.

User in Retail

"BrightEdge a good tool with GREAT service"

What do you like best?

My account rep was exceptional and really made it easy to maximize the tool. Both my rep and myself were actively working as a partnership.

What do you dislike?

I felt like the tool could have been a little more robust. If the tool could bring in more of its own data (instead of focus on external sources like GA for revenue projections and reporting)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the staff to really use this tool. There is so much opportunity.

We did an entire replatform and reskin for our website and we wanted to ensure the lowest possible ranking slide.

BrightEdge review by Travis K.
Travis K.

"Premium price tag, okay solution"

What do you like best?

In theory, BrightEdge is a desirable product. You're able to discover relevant keywords, view recommendations to improve search rankings for those keywords, tie a dollar figure to that improvement, and then execute those recommendations by delegating tasks out through the platform. You can also run website audits to find areas that are currently lacking from a technical standpoint (meta description, page title, SSL cert, etc.).

What do you dislike?

In practice, the projected page rank of a keyword after recommended changes are made is not as accurate as I had hoped and often overestimates results. In our particular case, not all of the recommendations were feasible which throws the whole estimate out the window and there's no way to recalculate based on what is feasible. As someone that uses SaaS and analytics products in many other areas, I have to say the general UX of the platform is clunky.

My final dislike revolves around the leadership at the company and their business practices. BrightEdge notified us once just a few days after Christmas that our contract would need to be cancelled a month before the contract end date in April or it would auto-renew. Not realizing the contract auto-renewed, we missed that deadline and then notified them immediately when we realized the product was still active (our bad, I suppose). BrightEdge leadership was not willing to make any compromise on the matter despite us no longer using the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at MOZ Pro.

Improving organic search results of particular web pages/keywords.

BrightEdge review by Karolina L.
Karolina L.

"Awesome Reporting and Research Tool"

What do you like best?

The access to great data and the reporting interface to create fast and insightful reports

What do you dislike?

Been a user for almost a year and so far I have not had any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brightedge is costly and I think could make you hesitant to purchase. But in less than a year I was able to prove that Brightedge paid for itself and made us money. I think a lot of companies would have the same experience if they used the software correctly.

Keyword reporting, Keyword research, SEO reporting, SEO performance monitoring

BrightEdge review by Joshua P.
Joshua P.

"Powerful platform. Pulls few punches. Great support."

What do you like best?

One of the main things that draw us to Brightedge is their support. We tested a few other SEO platforms and none of them came close to the level of support that Brightedge has offered. This was very important due to how much a top tier SEO platform costs and our organization does not like to make a larger investment and feel like we are left in the cold once the vendor has our money. Others flaunt a similar relationship but are more focused on making the sale then learning about your company.

Reporting is big for Brightedge and they have good reason to be proud of it. There are very few reports that we are not able to do out of the system and are very happy with how the reports look as well as how much you can customize them.

Brightedge has seemed to be leading the industry on innovation. Most other providers will tell you how they compare to Brightedge, while Brightedge will show you how others will try to emulate them. This is reflective of their constant product updates and new releases. There was some fear that we would buy a product that would quickly grow old, but just over our first year of service it seems there has been multiple new features that have drastically improved the platforms capabilities. When comparing other providers there was a steep slope in the UI and Brightedge has been at the top of the slope. I have yet to find an UI that comes close.

What do you dislike?

Price is the only main factor that Brightedge does not win out. It seems to be on the top of market and most Brightedge competitors seems to go directly to price when trying compare services. While this is true, and our company does not put price very high on the list; the loss of features when comparing to other providers is hard to justify the savings.

Through the use of Brightedge we have not only been able to accurately track and improve organic rankings but have been able to effectively develop an SEO culture within the organization. We have been able to take the new opportunities gained from Brightedge and effectively track them back to the purchase of the platform and report on the ROI. Our organization has grown to understand the value of SEO and has added it into the project planning process.

BrightEdge review by Renee L.
Renee L.

"Amazing Platform for SEO"

What do you like best?

I love being able to go into BrightEdge and seeing our progress broken down by week. Story Builder, ContentIQ and Reccommendations is where I spend most of my time.

What do you dislike?

At this moment, I don't really dislike anything with the platform.

We are able to increase our SEO in the locations we were low, and keep track of our competitors as we;ll.

BrightEdge review by Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

"Nice tool but training videos need a major upgrade"

What do you like best?

I like the DataCube and massive amount of analytics you can pull from the Datacube and it's convenient to see if other brands at our company are ranking for certain words.

What do you dislike?

The training videos just don't cut it for me. It's like a recorded webinar complete with a powerpoint presentation. As this could be the first touchpoint for many employees that need to use the tool, I hope they improve their training videos to get more people excited about using it.

Make our content search engine optimized and avoid competing with ourself on the same words.

BrightEdge review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Their customer service has been outstanding."

What do you like best?

We use the detailed reporting every day to make optimization decisions. I appreciate their willingness to help us set up dashboards and walk us through what they are seeing that will impact us.

What do you dislike?

Although the information is great, the graphs and the way it is presented is not visually appealing and difficult to use in an executive summary ppt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In evaluating BrightEdge make sure you understand the data cube and the Content IQ functions in detail and their advantages. They are two of the stronger areas within the platform for actionable information.

We are using BrightEdge to help us benchmark against our competitors, understand the search landscape and optimize our content and pages accordingly. We have been able to increase our share of voice and adjust what keywords we optimize for to stay inline or ahead of our competition.

BrightEdge review by Scott W.
Scott W.

"Evolving, Useful, Reliable Tool for SEO"

What do you like best?

Hands down the best thing to come out of BrightEdge is their Data Cube. This tool takes all of the best features of SEM Rush's 'Domain vs. Domain' and provides great insight into what keywords any URL is ranking for on Google.

Second, I like its ease of reporting and integration with various analytics platforms.

Third, I like its keyword-level Recommendations feature which provides amazing competitive assessment capabilities.

What do you dislike?

While the suite of features is robust and customization of dashboards excellent, for the more nit-picky SEO clients BrightEdge can seem very pricey for what you might find elsewhere. Additionally, the pricing at a keyword level makes it challenging when budgeting for multiple clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BrightEdge does a great job of staying innovative. Just when I think they might be getting complacent, they come along with a new release that raises the bar even higher. I've compared BrightEdge with Conductor, Advanced Web Rankings, and SEO Clarity and there is no question in my mind that the UI is the easiest on the market.

If you need a powerful tool to handle reporting for SEO, support Analytics integration, and conduct in depth competitive research, you will find no better tool.

Organic search rankings, competitive analyses and opportunity assessements.

BrightEdge review by Harshvardhan P.
Harshvardhan P.

"Improve your content with Brightedge Content Performance"

What do you like best?

The ability to build multiple stories and keyword groups makes it so much easy to focus on just one set of campaigns at a time and even from the point of report you can share your Brightedge dashboards directly with others or just share a png of it.

What do you dislike?

API documentation is a little difficult to comprehend at first, it was for me personally but I am sure that is only an issue when your working on APIs.

report campaign performance and best rank data to stake holders and see which landing pages actually improved with time and back.

BrightEdge review by User in Computer Software

"Feature rich, but more than we likely need"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool to conduct keyword research and setup tracking for our own keywords and others.

What do you dislike?

There's way more than we have the time or ability to use. We're a small company that doesn't have anyone dedicated to SEO or SEM (it's a part of our jobs instead of our job). If we had time to take full advantage, Brightedge would be a great solution.

Improving our organic search results and researching paid click strategies.

BrightEdge review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Good tool, not sure worth the cost"

What do you like best?

Data cube. Easiest way to see what keywords you or competitors are ranking for. The gap analysis tool and ability to filter by category makes it easy to target competitor quick answer keywords or video rankings.

What do you dislike?

Max limits on page tracking it annoying. Makes it difficult to create reports across the entire site. Also, search volume often not matching google adwords. If search volume is wrong, how can opportunity forecasting be accurate?

An easy way to view progress in SEO

BrightEdge review by Sam R.
Sam R.

"SEO Allstars "

What do you like best?

Customer success team. The team behind the platform is the added value that separates it from the competition.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike as the feedback provided is always in consideration for future releases. One recommendation would be the ability to add sitemaps directly into the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask them to import some of your pages and keywords and vet it against your own analysis.

Solving the content gap between our audience personas. The platform's customer buyer journey in conjunction with Datacube's competitive analysis has been key to our success.

BrightEdge review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Powerful Enterprise Level SEO Tool "

What do you like best?

BrightEdge can provide a lot of valuable data and insights that translate into a successful search and content campaign. In addition, you can integrate data and analytics to help inform your efforts.

What do you dislike?

It's time consuming to set up keyword groups/lists. In addition, if you have a large site it becomes very costly to track all necessary keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find that it doesn't make sense to use if you have a small site.

It helps our team identify gaps and opportunities from a content perspective while highlight how content content is performing. In addition, it helps highlight/measure the success of our recommendations and optimizations that contribute to business goals and objectives.

BrightEdge review by Ryan J.
Ryan J.

"Great tool and service if you can afford it"

What do you like best?

The customer service is great. they will help you set up tracking, do trainings for staff. Very responsive and proactive.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to Brightedge is the cost. That said, the service you get can allow you to craft some of your own search startegy rather than relying on an agency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it before investing in another program. Way more useful than MOZ>

Tying conversions to organic search, seeing the payoff from SEO program, understanding how to update pages to get results, ease of reporting

BrightEdge review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"Enterprise SEO Agency Platform"

What do you like best?

Ease of keyword grouping and reporting. Being able to have the client review their data-sets readily.

What do you dislike?

Need to add folders to Storybuilder to organize dashboards

Fantastic tool for Biz dev. Helps Overdrive Interactive move the needle for our SEO clients

BrightEdge review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great Tool for ROI Focused Marketers "

What do you like best?

My favorite feature was the Search Opportunity Forecasting tool. This allowed me to obtain information and forecast the potential financial gain of an SEO campaign. This data was also useful when proving the worth of SEO.

What do you dislike?

As someone who has used many tools in the past, I found it easy to learn and navigate the platform. However this might not be the case for everyone and the platform can seem a bit intimidating in the beginning.

Measuring the ROI of SEO campaigns to ensure that it remains a top priority for the marketing budget each year.

BrightEdge review by Karen B.
Karen B.

"Great SEO tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to forecast revenue opportunities by improving keywords on our website.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve but it isn’t difficult to use.

SEO for our website has improved tremendously.

BrightEdge review by User in Internet

"A powerful toolbox--if you know how to use it"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge is an enterprise SEO tool, that provides a wide range of features for most aspects of a solid SEO campaign. The reporting features are comprehensive and beautiful, making it an excellent tool for reports and decks. Besides the software provided, BrightEdge has an excellent support team that is consistently on top of every account with the company.

What do you dislike?

BrightEdge is a double-edged sword--although their suite of tools is great, it can also be overwhelming. Their educational materials are inconsistent in quality and frequently feature gaps. Lastly, the software is fairly slow: whether it's loading a new page or pulling up a report, speed is not one of BrightEdge's strengths.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an expensive tool--make sure your organization is a good fit for this software.

Be prepared to invest a lot of time learning about the tools. Not all of the features are intuitive, and many of the features are BrightEdge specific.

BrightEdge has been great as a central point for the overall SEO health of our organization.

BrightEdge review by Tyler R.
Tyler R.

"Great All In One SEO Solution"

What do you like best?

Brightedge is always staying up to date with the industry standards.

What do you dislike?

Brightedge can be glitchy at times and I have had to submit multiple emails to get things done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great solution for those wanting to take full control over their SEO efforts

Brightedge has allowed us to keep our SEO team small but our results big.

BrightEdge review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"BrightEdge is too expensive for the value it offers, when compared to similar tools"

What do you like best?

I feel like BrightEdge has amazing customer service, and I think their account support teams are incredibly responsive.

What do you dislike?

The tool feels old, when compared to competitors. I also don't like feeling price gouged on extra data charges/limits for exportable content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you try out similar enterprise offerings, too. Really take time and evaluate the UX and if you have the staff/bandwidth to implement the recommendations from BrightEdge.

We are motivated by making business driven results, and when we did the deal with BrightEdge we felt our SEO decisions would be driven and prioritized by BrightEdge's software.

User in Retail

"Content-focused platform with lots of functionality"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge is great for those of us focused on SEO/content optimization. Lots of data, insights and recommendations.

What do you dislike?

Not as heavy on the technical aspects of SEO. Also, there is a set limit for keyword tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably best to use for larger organizations.

Content idea generation. Keyword tracking (declines + improvements). Competitive SEO analysis.

BrightEdge review by User in Wireless
User in Wireless

"BrightEdge Content "

What do you like best?

Leverages industry leading SEO platform to deliver a platform for industrialized creation for SEO content experiences.

What do you dislike?

The product is still relatively new, so workflow/reporting/integration can be clumsy, depending on your requirements. That said, they have a quick development cycle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine milestones and define ROI before purchase.

Creation of SEO optimized landing pages and content experiences.

BrightEdge review by Savvas X.
Savvas X.

"Excellent enterprise level SEO tool."

What do you like best?

Excellent support from the BrightEdge team. It's nice to know that your questions can be quickly answered by a skilled team who believes in their product.

What do you dislike?

There's a steep learning curve to master the tool. More tooltips and educational resources may be valuable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best enterprise level tool I've ever used to accomplish my online/SEO goals.

Keyword research, on-page optimization, baseline tracking and much more.

BrightEdge review by Janet J.
Janet J.

"SEO + Content + Social Intelligence Platform"

What do you like best?

This is the real deal when it comes to competitive and digital intelligence. BrightEdge has built a key business driver for marketers - especially in the ecommerce, financial and technology industries.

What do you dislike?

It's not 100% intuitive where to start without some hand holding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly intelligent product and team.

Rich understanding of keyword opportunities, site structure errors and opportunities, and competitive content opportunities.

BrightEdge review by User

"SEO Analyst"

What do you like best?

Data Cube and Dashboard are two functions that I love the most from BrightEdge. Data cube helps me understand what my competitors are doing easily by only providing URLs, and Dashboards help tracking my SEO performance.

What do you dislike?

The Campaigns function isn't easy to build, and I can't find where to delete the campaign that I built.

Easily tracking for SEO performance, especially for keywords. As my company has huge amount of keywords, without BrightEdge, we won't be able to manage all of it.

"SEO Strategist"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is all in one place, and (fairly) easy to access.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features aren't very intuitive and take some digging to access. This has created confusion amongst some of our content teams

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know how to use all of the features in order to get the most out of it. Some of it is obvious, other features, not so much. the Client success team has been amazing, make sure to take advantage of them to get the most out of the product

Building organic traffic to our clients websites

"Digital Media Buyer/Planner"

What do you like best?

The setup tab. I like being able to see how many keywords we have allocated, used,etc. Wish there were more options to look at all clients usage at once.

What do you dislike?

The outdated step by step outlines. Many little nuances and notes that would be helpful when navigating through the platform, but it seems the account team only knows the materials from the help tab, using the same example over and over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that they are using all the capabilities to justify the cost.

Looking to identify the biggest areas of opportunity for our clients' websites.

BrightEdge review by Executive Sponsor in Education Management
Executive Sponsor in Education Management

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The team behind the product is fantastic -- they help us keep ahead of the curve and are constantly developing better and better tools.

What do you dislike?

Development takes time, so some features are released later than we'd like.

Understanding our organic footprint and opportunities

BrightEdge review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Easy-to-use tool for your SEO efforts"

What do you like best?

The multiple tools within and the different way to get at the metrics via data cube, keyword analysis, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. Unfortunately, bandwidth prevents me from learning all of the widgets and BE's full capabilities.

Keyword research, ranking management and reporting, tracking anomalies, and more!

BrightEdge review by Rich M.
Rich M.

"Powerful data analysis, lacking task management"

What do you like best?

The ability to present dashboards that show key SEO data points compared against one another, and plotted against stored events, makes sharing data for a variety of stakeholders much easier and more powerful.

What do you dislike?

The task management system is woefully underpowered and underfeatured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not the prettiest, and if you want full value then you'll need to commit to the proper setup time, but it offers an amazing set of dashboards, reports, and the Data Cube to make your SEO stakeholder management and strategic planning much easier.

We use BrightEdge for SEO data analysis including Google Webmaster Tools data, Omniture, rankings, and other key metrics.

BrightEdge review by Jamie J.
Jamie J.

"The Best Way to Gather and Present SEO Data"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about BrightEdge is the organization of the data gathered. We provide reports on a monthly basis to our clients. BrightEdge reports make it easy to explain what is going in - whether it be a pie chart, line graph, etc. And every report can be change depending on what you want/need to see.

What do you dislike?

The platform is lacking a search functionality for a few of its key features, such as events. In addition, not all local search engines are available to monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BrightEdge is easy to use, though it takes some time to figure out all of the great features available to you. I would recommend using your rep as much as possible and sitting in on their trainings to figure out how it can best benefit you.

BrightEdge allows us to monitor keywords, gather backlink data/opportunities, receive recommendations, keep track of important dates and generate reports. In addition we can find share of voice information and opportunities when it comes to keywords, on-page optimization and more.

"Great SEO Platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is very user friendly, and creating reports, page groups, and keyword groups is very simple. There are tons of great insights into SEO performance, and the platform makes it very easy to identify areas of opportunity.

What do you dislike?

We sometimes run into problems with data not properly loading, but that could be an issue with integration into our custom reporting.

We are using the tool in order to maximize our SEO footprint on the SERPs, come up with content calendars, and monitor product performance online.

BrightEdge review by User in Information Technology and Services

"SEO Optimization with Brightedge"

What do you like best?

Ease of understanding your keyword strengths and competitors' as well.

What do you dislike?

A mobile UI would be nice to have to pull up quick info while on the go.

Researching keywords for a corporate blog to build an editorial calendar and optimize content for page rank.

BrightEdge review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Not Worth The Money"

What do you like best?

East to use interface, all in one solution

What do you dislike?

The price! While it is an all in one solution, I can get everything possible done manually with not much more time dedicated for way cheaper. If you are a novice with SEO, this is a fantastic solution; but for 60k annually, it isn't worth it to me.

Being able to handle all my SEO initiatives in one platform.

BrightEdge review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Best SEO help! "

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the continuing updates to the platform. They are consistly making it better and easier to use.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while I move too fast for the platform and it lags for a moment or two. It is a rare occasion though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brightedge is top notch. They know their market, what their customers need to succeed and make recommendations to help implement those changes.

SEO

BrightEdge review by Alexis P.
Alexis P.

"Nice UX, but lacking in data insights"

What do you like best?

very pretty platform with an excellent UX

What do you dislike?

data only updates weekly and the lack of insight when compared to other tools makes the price tag not worth it

Keyword and ranking management

BrightEdge review by Sharon C.
Sharon C.

"Best in class tool for organic SEO"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge constantly updates their product and stays ahead of the SEO game. There are so many new features released that it's hard to keep up some time. BrightEdge provides keyword tracking on search engines and for desktop, mobile and tablet. It forecasts opportunities, provides valuable insight on competitors and gives recommendations for improving ranking. I have a great client manager who constantly offers me fresh ideas on how I can put all the various tools within BrightEdge to use.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations for improving ranking is cookie cutter. Don't expect new ideas on how to improve a page's ranking for targeted KWs. It recommends best practices, you'll have to think of your own strategies for your industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BrightEdge offers a lot of detailed support videos and webinars on top of my regular calls with my Client Manager.

Tracking competitor ranking, seeing what they are doing to improve their ranking. Connecting our account to Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools and social media platforms provide us additional analysis. Gives us ideas for new content strategies and helps us stay on track with what should be a high vs. low priority focus for our SEO strategies.

"Review from SEO"

What do you like best?

Datacube is really great for identifying client visibility issues and opportunities - as well as the competition

What do you dislike?

No major dislikes - I think the tool is helpful for many of our SEO reporting needs. If it were aggregating other tools (robust backlink details, etc.), it may have too much going on; for what it focuses on it, it does it well.

relaunches, monthly reporting insights, search visibility, etc. Many great benefits - answer box visibility was helpful.

BrightEdge review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"BrightEdge is the Mega Lord SEO tool"

What do you like best?

Data Cube functionality is the bomb. It helps with sooo many questions. Especially from higher level exec's. I love when tools make you look smarter. Tracking keywords week over week is incredibly helpful in spotting problems and other issues.

What do you dislike?

It still doesn't make me as efficient as I like, I have to do a lot of data manipulation to get really advanced SEO insights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely better than the other SEO tools out there, Moz, Conductor, Search Metrics, LinkDex

Optimizing existing content, optimizing new content, what new content to create.

An increase in organic traffic.

BrightEdge review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Digital Marketing - SEO Content Analyst "

What do you like best?

I like the Datacube and Recommendations features. And that I can easily download certain reports.

What do you dislike?

That you can only track so many keywords.

No business problems.

BrightEdge review by User

"All In One"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can navigate through easy-to-use tabs, making it easy to build reports.

What do you dislike?

Honestly not something I strongly dislike about this software, however I do wish they had an option to put a more concise report together in the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth it if you have large SEO clients.

How to maximize SEO for clients and keyword research.

User in Retail

"BrightEdge Great for Monitoring SEO"

What do you like best?

Monitoring capabilities provide insight into what is and is not performing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes restricted on what can and cannot access due to contract. It should be open and transparent.

SEO performance. We have been able to track and monitor the number of SEO keywords that we have been able to drive traffic from to better understand where our site is performing.

BrightEdge review by Agency in Construction
Agency in Construction

"BrightEdge has been an insightful, resourceful & efficient tool for my day-to-day client strategies."

What do you like best?

BrightEdge allows you to view competitive insights in depth, historical data, identify new opportunities for SEO, & view performance at a keyword level and at a page level. I also love that it's able to be integrated with several analytics platforms.

What do you dislike?

While it's great that competitors can be compared at one time, I often times need to add one more competitor and compare it to 2 that I already have in the system, but do not wish to be charged for creating an entirely separate competitive group.

Also, there are some issues to be worked out with regard to being able to switch views in the Keyword reports without having to readjust a time frame when looking at data older than the previous week's.

For my clients, I am using BrightEdge to identify gaps in website content, enhance user experience for customers, and increase brand visibility & revenue from SEO. In turn, it has helped my agency develop insights in a very efficient manner and it saves me valuable time on a daily basis.

BrightEdge review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"BrightEdge Review"

What do you like best?

The platform is the best all-in-one SEO solution for agencies currently available. It's not perfect, but no SEO tool or data software collector really is. It does a great job of consolidating data from multiple sources and overlaying it in order to show a real view on and SEO program. This includes keywords and site KPIs such as traffic, revenue, and conversions.

What do you dislike?

The real negative for SEOs is that you cant see how keywords are performing on a daily basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask a lot of questions in the initial sales process about data usage. They are flexible with contracts, but you have to really push it.

The largest problem we are solving with BE is on the local level. We are able to see local rankings in major DMAs and make decisions on which ones should get our focus.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Comprehensive Keyword Reporting Software"

What do you like best?

Data Cube feature displaying all keywords a page is ranking for

What do you dislike?

Backlogged reporting data can sometimes skew results provided to customers

Increasing visibility for clients in organic search space; have realized increased website traffic and revenue for clients

BrightEdge review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"BrightEdge"

What do you like best?

I liked the ability to plug in any URL into the platform and pull keywords that that URL is ranking for in a given month. It also had good comp comparisons for tracked keywords.

What do you dislike?

The limited number of keywords that we could use and the difficulty of setting up dashboards.

Tracking client keyword successes and trends.

"SEO Senior Specialist"

What do you like best?

I like the Data Cube the best. It is the main reason I use BrightEdge.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the Data Cube page shows two different time periods. If I'm viewing a specific time period in the top graph, I don't want to see week over week for the bottom chart.

BrightEdge helps us keep track of our rankings. That's the biggest insight.

BrightEdge review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"BrightEdge: Thorough Reporting Software. Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love the page reporting and channel reporting, BrightEdge (BE) has recently rolled out. With this we are able to see how pages are doing from a search standpoint and also see what are the main traffic drivers to the site. This has stayed current with the changes of Google's algorithm, which shows that BE strives to stay current and offer the best product out there.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes BrightEdge talks about an upcoming release and it takes a while to roll out to our brands. This isn't bad, I am just impatient.

BrightEdge helped my team show the importance of organic traffic. So with page reporting and channel reporting, we are able to show our brands how optimization has affected growth in natural search traffic and rankings.

BrightEdge review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Super powerful and straightforward"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge basically does everything you need from an SEO perspective

What do you dislike?

Not much too dislike, it might be too complicated for people who are new to SEO though

Helps you rank for keywords you're looking for, track changes in ranking over time, and what keywords to create content for

BrightEdge review by Karen G.
Karen G.

"Providing great insights that get our clients excited"

What do you like best?

BrightEdge SOV reporting is one of the reports I rely on the most and helps to provide our clients with a better understanding of how they measure up to their competitors and also discovering who their SERP competitors are that they may not realized they were competing against.

What do you dislike?

When downloading a report in pdf the date ranges the report states are not true to when BrightEdge actually pulled ranking data.

With BrightEdge we have the ability to track rankings and how they're trending in order for us to identify opportunities for our clients in terms of the keywords they are currently rankings for as well as identifying potential new keywords clients should try to optimize towards.

BrightEdge review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Brightedge is a great keyword searcher"

What do you like best?

DATA CUBE! It can tell one so much as a research tool

What do you dislike?

No API for Data cube. Our research needs to be done in bulk (we have over 11 million pages)

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

low traffic on product pages that we need to bump up. Incorrect name/keyword is a perfect way to see how to optimize content.

BrightEdge review by Doug C.
Doug C.

"The Brightedge experience review"

What do you like best?

Brightedge customized dashboards are perfect for agencies. It allows agencies to present clients on KPIs they really want to see.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the best features are not as straight forward as I would like. You have to find them.

We're able to find more keywords that our clients don't know about through keyword discovery. We're able to increase their presence by searching out the low hanging fruit.

BrightEdge review by Clinton D.
Clinton D.

"Getting Better with time"

What do you like best?

AS search changes, so does Brightedge. They are always trying to stay ahead of the engines, and really bringing some cutting edge data to agencies.

What do you dislike?

It can be harder to navigate sometimes, and the dahsboards can appear wacky sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be an expensive product but it is worth it!

An all in one seo suite. We needed something cutting edge and that was very client friendly. The benefits are is that its the best out there.