BrightEdge

Ask BrightEdge a Question
Showing 95 BrightEdge reviews
BrightEdge review by <span>Jeanne Q.</span>
Jeanne Q.

"True to their name: BRIGHT People & Tools which give us the ultimate competitive EDGE"

What do you like best?

Fantastic, cutting edge tools: My favorite is the data cube tool that gives us great insight into the search landscape. BrightEdge is always innovating too, so I feel like simply being part of the BrightEdge family keeps us innovative as well.

Great support: Everyone I've worked with in BrightEdge, especially my current client success manager (and my other three were fantastic too!) has been very helpful and caters to my company's needs. They're willing to put in the hours to help us be successful.

What do you dislike?

Because they have so many different features on the platform, it could take a little time to get used to the different interfaces, but this is more so if you aren't in the platform enough. Once you use it more, you definitely get the swing of things easily. The great thing about BrightEdge is that they're open to suggestions, so if you think there's a better way to do something, or if there's a feature you think is missing, just tell them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at their features online or talk to a representative and they'll be happy to show you around the platform. If you want to do well in search, BrightEdge is a fantastic platform and team to help you make great progress.

One huge business problem is showing the value of SEO to people in our company that matter. With BrightEdge's visually powerful dashboards and the help of my awesome CSM(s), I've been able to communicate that much more easily.

We have niche markets, and many of them, so it can be overwhelming to try to take on everything. My CSM has worked with me to to tackle different projects little by little and segment them on the platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrightEdge
BrightEdge review by <span>Sam K.</span>
Sam K.

"Enterprise SEO at Scale, Great Value, Best in Class"

What do you like best?

Breadth & Depth of Solution. As someone who has been involved with SEO and organic marketing for over 12 years, the hardest challenge is to keep up with the hundreds of search engine algorithm changes. Brightedge consolidates several tools in one integrated platform, provides collaborative capabilities across devices, has excellent customer support and certification to make you use the platform effectively, and more importantly, it works! The proof of the pudding is ranking on page 1 of Google, across content types, with engagement that results in better business outcomes for our clients, while saving us time and $$.

What do you dislike?

Minor quibble, I prefer using it on desktop to make better use of the data and insights. A bigger screen works more effectively for my workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a demo to realize how easy it is to get insights using Data cube in minutes.

Also, get a sense of how you can leverage some of the other features:

Opportunity Forecast - This is great as you can add a $ value to make a compelling SEO ROI case for management

Page Reporting - Drill down on how well your content is performing

Intent Signal - Insights on how to tweak your content (keyword level insights!) benchmarked against organic competition

Brightedge Content - AI driven real-time content editor - integrate trending topics, optimize internal website link structure - basically as a marketer, take back the power to edit website pages, knowing you are giving it the right SEO juice, while balancing for user engagement

Storybuilder - Besides Datacube, this is my second favorite 'feature'. It helps tell a data-driven story that is visual, engaging and not constrained by system limitations. We craft stories different for different clients based on their needs.

Note: There are many other features to explore, including Content IQ, Hyper Local (drill down to local searches, esp. useful for retailers or multi-location businesses).

Also, Brightedge has frequent User Groups across the US. I learn a lot from engaging with fellow marketers and SEO/Content managers on how they are leveraging BrightEdge to address organic marketing challenges.

As an agency, helps us with:

Leverage - Fewer resources for running SEO & Content Marketing, helps team focus on proving strategic insights, rather than spending time collecting data, reporting, keyword and competitor tracking

Scale - Helps us take on more clients by automating tasks, replacing the need to use 5 disparate tools - 12X efficiency

Time - Saves us over 10 hours every week in analysis, competitor benchmarking and reporting

Strategic - Keeps up with search algorithms to provide great SEO & Content insights

What SEO solution do you use?

BrightEdge review by <span>Chad H.</span>
Chad H.

"Everything you need (and more) to run a successful SEO program!"

What do you like best?

The BrightEdge SEO platform offers access to a tremendous depth of insightful data that can be used to better inform your SEO strategies and ensure program success. We leverage the platform for virtually all of our SEO clients, and have found a benefit both in terms of the overall results; as well as our internal efficiency in identifying and executing on opportunities.

We've also found that the platform offers a large benefit to our content creators and copywriters, who now have a streamlined process that leverages BrightEdge to identify search demand and better understand what to write about based on the intent behind the customer's searches. This has made our content more effective both in terms of traffic and conversion.

What do you dislike?

Like all rich platforms, you'll get out of it what you put in. The user interface is simple and easy to use; but in order to leverage the advanced features (which are super powerful), you'll need to invest a little in training. We've found their online training videos to be great resources. In the event that you may need hands on training, their team has been excellent to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of the value beyond just "SEO" ... what can the software offer to your overall content marketing efforts?

Our goal is to improve the organic footprint, traffic and revenue generation for a wide variety of clients across industries.

BrightEdge review by <span>Christine B.</span>
Christine B.

"The SEO Platform That Helps You Tell a Story That Gets Heard"

What do you like best?

Using BrightEdge has changed my relationship with SEO. Thanks to a robust on-boarding period, their (mostly) intuitive platform, and ongoing support, keyword research is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Some actions are more tedious or take longer than I would like. The one example, is keyword research using the Data Cube. If I search for a specific term that then returns 1,000 results, I have to click through (alphabetically) until I find the exact term I was interested in. Another is how long it takes for a term to show up when you assign it a preferred landing page.

We are in the early stages of our SEO initiative. To date, I think it is making the content team more intentional in its efforts. Already, we are creating a more organized, holistic experience across the company's site.

BrightEdge review by <span>Rachel H.</span>
Rachel H.

"An Enterprise SEO's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Brightedge is their Data Cube and Content IQ. These are the two areas I use the most when I'm using Brightedge.

Data Cube provides a wealth of great information not only your website, but competitor sites as well. It's very hard to get as granular with organic traffic and keywords other tools that I've used.

I run Content IQ once, sometimes twice a week to see what things I can easily fix like title tags as well as identify any issues that may be going on with the website's performance.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really dislike is the cap at which we're at when looking at the number of pages and keywords we can track. Since we have thousands of pages and hundreds of keywords we could track, it's not possible from a budget perspective to track each page or keyword in Brightedge, although I would love to be able to!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the money if you own or manage an enterprise level ecommerce website.

With Brightedge, we're identifying organic keyword and content opportunities we should be pursuing to grow traffic and revenue. We also use Brightedge to decrease our reporting time, which saves our company time and money we can use on executing our work.

So far we have been happy with the power of the tool and have seen organic keywords continue to increase over the past few months for a couple of our sites. Brightedge has also been helpful in identifying future content ideas based on the type of search result desired.

BrightEdge review by <span>Spencer B.</span>
Spencer B.

"BrightEdge Review by SEO"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in creating the dashboards, the storybuilder functionality and BrightEdge constantly updating the platform to make it more helpful. Also has an intuitive design and creates bright, attractive reports. DataCube and competitor analysis.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult and time consuming to build out keyword lists for everything. It can be made a little easier to change keyword groups across all charts inside of a dashboard, or attribute one keyword to multiple groups for instance. It also does not handle the tracking of two domains as a single marketing channel (although this was only specific to our sites in a fairly uncommon case). Larger exports for datacube would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this platform to track, manage and improve SEO campaigns as well as report to upper management. It can also help you create content, and the datacube has insights on your competitors.

Improved awareness of SEO, recommendations to improve content, tracking of keyword ranks and access to ranking data on multiple terms through Data Cube along with competitor information.

Learning about BrightEdge?

* We monitor all BrightEdge reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.