Brightidea

Brightidea

Brightidea's enterprise idea management platform operates as a central hub to connect and manage all your innovation initiatives, crowdsource and collaborate on ideas, and measure success at every stage of your journey.

Work for Brightidea?

Showing 66 Brightidea reviews
Brightidea review by <span>Rebekah K.</span>
Rebekah K.

"Organized Innovation"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, highly customizable to match our brand, constant enhancements being made by Brightidea and communicated, integration with Active Directory so I am not provisioning/deprovisioning users, robust knowledge base, and nice UI. They are also there every step of the way during implementation and after as you continue to use the product.

What do you dislike?

Better real-world examples on how to get more use out of all of the applications available. Pricing could be a little better too!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great value if you take the time to implement it correctly. They provide a responsive, knowledgeable team to assist you with setup and they are always willing to help. I have been impressed with the changes that have been made since we have been using the product, they are constantly improving the software and actively listen to feedback.

Using Brightidea, we are able to crowdsource solutions in an organized process. We are able to seek names to programs we have (internal and external) as well as come up with the next greatest amenity to offer to our residents. We have also been successful in organizing all of the pilots we are currently running and we have created a better process around submission and tracking. The benefits are really great the most notable one being that our associates feel like they are being heard and have some buy in. It makes people feel a little more vested and part of the organization.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brightidea
Brightidea review by <span>Jeffery H.</span>
Jeffery H.

"Brightidea Review from Financial Services Professional"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Brightidea is the flexibility of the platform. There are so many customization capabilities it can be a little overwhelming but it allows us the ability to automate many of our manual processes. Also, the team is great to work with, from their sales, support, professional services and our personal customer success manager. I feel liketThey really listen to our recommendations and concerns.

What do you dislike?

The reporting and dashboard are a little lacking. There isn't really a "presentation layer' which allows us to organize and present the information about an idea to our executives. We have to export the information and create our own PowerPoint slides. Also the 'business impact' section isn't represented in the dashboard correctly. We must export the data and create Tableau visualizations from the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone at Brightidea has been great to work with. I highly recommend the solution. I feel like they really listen to our needs and want to improve the system to work better for us. A couple of our recommendation have already been implemented with their weekly system upgrades/fixes. Although there are still some things we would like to see improved, they were far and away the best solution from all of the vendors we looked.

We are automating (as much as possible) a process which is very manual and time consuming using the rules engine to kick off tasks and communications. We are still in the 'build' phase so we haven't fully realized any benefits yet.

What Idea Management solution do you use?

Brightidea review by <span>Steve  H.</span>
Steve H.

"Highly recommended "

What do you like best?

The complete flexibility of system to meet any business challenge, whether that is themed, timed or always open that we have implemented (over 100 run to date), the ease to set up challenges and the range of pre-configured Apps at our disposal. Also feedback and ease of use for our employees to engage and the ability we have to change things for the better for our customers

What do you dislike?

I really cannot name anything I personally dislike,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended suite of products, great support and ease of use for our employees and challenge admin

We run themed and open challenges (over 100 to date) on a many topics - leveraging new technology, Supporting Hackathon events, improving our customer experience, pitch days/ dragons' den to name but a few. The social features that Brightidea provide are fully utilised by our employees and the business impact that has been banked by the business as a result runs into millions (GBP) each year.

Brightidea review by <span>Robert P.</span>
Robert P.

"Brightidea - Innovation Simplified"

What do you like best?

Multiple types of innovation tools all in one place. Powerful backend that can hand large bulk amounts of ideas. Very open to ideas to improve the platform outside of contracting them specifically for your needs.

What do you dislike?

It does take quite a while to get changes via the IdeaSpace platform. It would be nice if there were more information about actual prioritization or where your idea stands. Most of the time it ends up In Product Backlog for a fairly indefinite amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of other similar tools can do similar things. A lot of them are great at coming up with a pretty looking GUI/front end. Where they fall apart for us is that outside of small, targeted challenges that collect a few dozen to maybe a little more than 100 ideas at once. They don't have the engine under the hood to collect, organize and manage THOUSANDS of ideas, nor be able to keep them historically as you continue to add to that number. Brightidea does the front end well but it also does the back end work well.

We have an always open challenge that we use for all team members in the company. Previously the tool was built in-house and we had a heck of a time trying to organize and keep up with reviews to determine a pathway for the ideas that were posted. While it took several process changes internally, Brightidea helped make this organization far easier. It also has allowed us to open up more possibilities outside of that collection box like using it to run our own Pitch Day and Hackathon events.

Brightidea review by <span>Nikolas S.</span>
Nikolas S.

"A great place to gather and monitor ideas"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to get going. Submitting an idea is easy and the customization makes it so the data you get from people submitting ideas exactly what you need.

The idea of Challenges really helps get things going. It makes it so it's not just an endless hole of general ideas, but it allows you to give ideas about different topics you may not have thought of without a specific challenge about it. And it gives a good timeline for those ideas.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app struggles to log me in and stay logged in. I can get past the login screen but it never actually loads anything, just shows the brightidea logo.

Notifications on the site can be a pain because even though I click the globe to view them the little red bubble doesn't go away until I click on it, mark it as read, or delete it from the notifications list. I can see why some people might like it, but having an option to change that would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user having our in-house team show us how to do it and then host events that encourage us to submit ideas outside of solo submission was helpful in getting people on board.

It's not just about getting ideas, it's about feedback. At first, people will say "it's not for me because I don't have ideas." so you should let them know it's not just to submit ideas but to give feedback on what others submit.

Idea submissions from those not regularly involved in the innovation process.

Brightidea review by <span>Natalie W.</span>
Natalie W.

"Awesome software with room to grow"

What do you like best?

How intuitive the features are to use. It took very little time for me to figure out how to use. The features themselves are also useful. I love the budgeting tool, tasks and milestones especially.

What do you dislike?

Notification settings are limited - I get an absurd number of emails from the different workspaces I’m in. I also wish there were dependency options for tasks. Like once X happens then Y is assigned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software! It’s new so they’re still fixing things but overall a great product. They have been quick to answer questions/concerns and I'm confident they're working to implement positive changes.

Market research data is summarized very well and shows weak and strong points. We're using it to track different concepts and how they perform during tests. It allows us to easily see what happened when. Also great for new team members to get quickly acclimated to a project

Learn more about Brightidea

Brightidea Videos

Learning about Brightidea?

* We monitor all Brightidea reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Brightidea to Similar Solutions