BrightLocal

Powerful local SEO tools for Agencies & Consultants.

Work for BrightLocal?

Learning about BrightLocal?

BrightLocal Reviews

Ask BrightLocal a Question
Showing 46 BrightLocal reviews
BrightLocal review by <span>Stacey D.</span>
Stacey D.

Affordable Time Saving Service That Provides The Data You Need

What do you like best?

The best part of the service is the automated ranking reports. They are localized, you can separate them by device type and SERP. The screenshots that are provided are so helpful in showing not only where your client is positioned but also where competitors are ranking and if applicable where your client's Adwords ads are also placing.

The Local Search Audit has also become one of my favorite reports to run. It provides a lot of information in one report that is easy to see or point out strengths and weaknesses.

What do you dislike?

Running manual reports or any type can sometimes be very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. If you're looking for an affordable service that will help you with local internet marketing this service will help. You will be able to run local search audits, Google My Business reports, citation reports, local rank reports and much more.

We are solving issues related to the time it would take one of our staff members to build citations and do manual rank reporting. The Citation Burst service has saved use hours of manual labor that can be better spent on other areas for our clients. The automated rank reporting also saves many hours of manually reviewing SERPs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrightLocal
BrightLocal review by <span>John R.</span>
John R.

Not Worth The Inexpensive Price

What do you like best?

Initially, I was intrigued by the ability to have someone submit local citations on our behalf, but it was soon proven to be a pipe dream.

What do you dislike?

During the initial sales process, I noticed that our rep wasn't precisely responsive. That should have been a red flag, but when she offered me a few free credits to explore the CitationBurst campaign, I pressed forward. In very basic terms, I understood that they would need to create dummy accounts for our business in order to do what they needed, but I wasn't expecting them to build those accounts without any consultation. When I expressed concern about how that worked, and asked them not to create any additional dummy accounts without consultation, the overseas call center rep interpreted that request to mean: "Please delete the Google account you created and the Google submission I paid for." And no matter how hard I tried to re-connect with our native-English sales rep or a native-English supervisor overseas, I was unsuccessful. I have spent more time in trying to get BL to restore the ONE Google submission that they deleted than I would have spent in submitting ALL 60 branch updates that I was exploring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run as far away as possible.

To be honest, I see no business benefits from using BrightLocal.

What Local SEO solution do you use?

BrightLocal review by <span>Ben S.</span>
Ben S.

Excellent Tool for SEO Analysis and Reporting

What do you like best?

The ranking report and citation trackers are top notch and provide an excellent level of analysis. We use these features heavily in our SEO planning and reporting to our clients.

Additionally, the customer support at BrightLocal is easy to work with and typically very responsive.

One of my favorite "non-feature" aspects of this company is that they are always working to improve, innovate and add more resources for the clients. Their tools never get stuck in the past, as they are always making improvements or bringing onboard new functionality.

Additionally, they offer a wealth of resources and supplemental tools - some of which they offer for free to the public!

Overall, our team has been very happy working with BrightLocal.

What do you dislike?

One challenge has been as BrightLocal has continued to grow, they are constantly needing to upgrade their server infrastructure other system architecture to keep up with the reporting and tracking demands of their clients. They are doing a solid job at this, but like every company, there can be some understandable growing pains from time to time.

Any company who doesn't experience growing pains though is likely stuck in the past!

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a cost perspective, BrightLocal is definitely an affordable solution in terms of the robust features it has.

We use BrightLocal as one of our primary SEO reporting tools for our clients externally, as well as internally to do long-term tracking and analysis.

BrightLocal review by <span>Mark  M.</span>
Mark M.

Great Value, Great SEO Management Tools, Brightlocal Delivers For My SEO Company

What do you like best?

The thing that I love best about Brightlocal is the value they provide for an SEO firm who needs an affordable solution. There are many higher priced products that don't deliver the depth of data that my subscription to Brightlocal does. From rankings to citations, to GA and GMB tracking their suite of tools and reporting does all my clients need and want. Because my agency is focused on serving the small and mid-sized business community the depth of products and services they are looking to invest vary greatly from bigger companies with large advertising and marketing budgets, Brightlocal's suite of services just fits well into my client community.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike about Brightlocal, they continue to provide new tools and tips that make my job easier and wow my customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product for small and medium-sized businesses as well as the individual who wants to manage their website and marketing.

Brightlocal provides me the ability to produce high-quality Internet Marketing reporting all from a single dashboard. Easy and intuitive my customers love it when they want to see what their internet marketing firm is delivering their business

BrightLocal review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Brightlocal

What do you like best?

You can easily track and organize business listings and they provide you with business listings that you may have never discovered. Super beneficial when you feel you have run out free business listings for any client.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, they suggest business listings that are spam or are irrelevant to the business. Or very few links cannot be read when adding new listings into BrightLocal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool that greatly helps with organizations with social media, business listings, search ranking reports, and more. Easy and simple navigation, even for first time users. Staff is helpful through chat if needed.

Ranking reports are an excellent feature and can help you track a business on how well they are ranking on search engines- provides feedback on what you need to improve on and what is excelling. Overall, an excellent organization tool that continues to improve and continuously adds new features over time.

BrightLocal review by <span>Sarah N.</span>
Sarah N.

Perfect for saving time and producing quality citations!

What do you like best?

I trust Bright Local to provide our clients with quality citations. I love that I have the ability to edit existing citations when my client's information has changed. I feel like we have more control over our client's online presence with Bright Local.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the GMB report showed comparative results. I would like to show customers how their ranking has changed over time. I would also like the ability to customize the emails that send out to clients with their monthly reports. That would be convenient. Sort of like a template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of everything they have to offer. Make sure to customize the links your clients get to see by adding or removing reports.

We save so much time on citations. We don't have to build them ourselves. We also have the ability to pick the highest quality citations upon ordering.

Learning about BrightLocal?

* We monitor all BrightLocal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.