BrightLocal

Powerful local SEO tools for Agencies & Consultants.

Work for BrightLocal?

Learning about BrightLocal?

BrightLocal Reviews

Ask BrightLocal a Question
Showing 52 BrightLocal reviews
BrightLocal review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Excellent Tool for SEO Analysis and Reporting"

What do you like best?

The ranking report and citation trackers are top notch and provide an excellent level of analysis. We use these features heavily in our SEO planning and reporting to our clients.

Additionally, the customer support at BrightLocal is easy to work with and typically very responsive.

One of my favorite "non-feature" aspects of this company is that they are always working to improve, innovate and add more resources for the clients. Their tools never get stuck in the past, as they are always making improvements or bringing onboard new functionality.

Additionally, they offer a wealth of resources and supplemental tools - some of which they offer for free to the public!

Overall, our team has been very happy working with BrightLocal.

What do you dislike?

One challenge has been as BrightLocal has continued to grow, they are constantly needing to upgrade their server infrastructure other system architecture to keep up with the reporting and tracking demands of their clients. They are doing a solid job at this, but like every company, there can be some understandable growing pains from time to time.

Any company who doesn't experience growing pains though is likely stuck in the past!

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a cost perspective, BrightLocal is definitely an affordable solution in terms of the robust features it has.

We use BrightLocal as one of our primary SEO reporting tools for our clients externally, as well as internally to do long-term tracking and analysis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrightLocal
BrightLocal review by Stacey D.
Stacey D.

"Affordable Time Saving Service That Provides The Data You Need"

What do you like best?

The best part of the service is the automated ranking reports. They are localized, you can separate them by device type and SERP. The screenshots that are provided are so helpful in showing not only where your client is positioned but also where competitors are ranking and if applicable where your client's Adwords ads are also placing.

The Local Search Audit has also become one of my favorite reports to run. It provides a lot of information in one report that is easy to see or point out strengths and weaknesses.

What do you dislike?

Running manual reports or any type can sometimes be very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. If you're looking for an affordable service that will help you with local internet marketing this service will help. You will be able to run local search audits, Google My Business reports, citation reports, local rank reports and much more.

We are solving issues related to the time it would take one of our staff members to build citations and do manual rank reporting. The Citation Burst service has saved use hours of manual labor that can be better spent on other areas for our clients. The automated rank reporting also saves many hours of manually reviewing SERPs.

What Local SEO solution do you use?

BrightLocal review by Mark  M.
Mark M.

"Great Value, Great SEO Management Tools, Brightlocal Delivers For My SEO Company"

What do you like best?

The thing that I love best about Brightlocal is the value they provide for an SEO firm who needs an affordable solution. There are many higher priced products that don't deliver the depth of data that my subscription to Brightlocal does. From rankings to citations, to GA and GMB tracking their suite of tools and reporting does all my clients need and want. Because my agency is focused on serving the small and mid-sized business community the depth of products and services they are looking to invest vary greatly from bigger companies with large advertising and marketing budgets, Brightlocal's suite of services just fits well into my client community.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike about Brightlocal, they continue to provide new tools and tips that make my job easier and wow my customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product for small and medium-sized businesses as well as the individual who wants to manage their website and marketing.

Brightlocal provides me the ability to produce high-quality Internet Marketing reporting all from a single dashboard. Easy and intuitive my customers love it when they want to see what their internet marketing firm is delivering their business

BrightLocal review by Sarah N.
Sarah N.

"Perfect for saving time and producing quality citations!"

What do you like best?

I trust Bright Local to provide our clients with quality citations. I love that I have the ability to edit existing citations when my client's information has changed. I feel like we have more control over our client's online presence with Bright Local.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the GMB report showed comparative results. I would like to show customers how their ranking has changed over time. I would also like the ability to customize the emails that send out to clients with their monthly reports. That would be convenient. Sort of like a template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of everything they have to offer. Make sure to customize the links your clients get to see by adding or removing reports.

We save so much time on citations. We don't have to build them ourselves. We also have the ability to pick the highest quality citations upon ordering.

BrightLocal review by Jannell H.
Jannell H.

"5 Star Service"

What do you like best?

I find BrightLocal's customer service, from sales to chat support, to be top notch. The BrightLocal platform is easy to use and we continue to find ways to improve our offering to our clients.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I distinctly dislike. Just a wish list of ways to enhance BrightLocal's current products (I know they are continuously working on that since I get notified regularly of new features)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to give them a try.

The ranking roll-up reporting available on our client groups is wonderful - this helps us be more proactive. BrightLocal has saved us time/money with their CitationBurst product. There is an overall feeling that BrightLocal is partnering with us and the trust that creates gives us peace of mind.

BrightLocal review by John R.
John R.

"Not Worth The Inexpensive Price"

What do you like best?

Initially, I was intrigued by the ability to have someone submit local citations on our behalf, but it was soon proven to be a pipe dream.

What do you dislike?

During the initial sales process, I noticed that our rep wasn't precisely responsive. That should have been a red flag, but when she offered me a few free credits to explore the CitationBurst campaign, I pressed forward. In very basic terms, I understood that they would need to create dummy accounts for our business in order to do what they needed, but I wasn't expecting them to build those accounts without any consultation. When I expressed concern about how that worked, and asked them not to create any additional dummy accounts without consultation, the overseas call center rep interpreted that request to mean: "Please delete the Google account you created and the Google submission I paid for." And no matter how hard I tried to re-connect with our native-English sales rep or a native-English supervisor overseas, I was unsuccessful. I have spent more time in trying to get BL to restore the ONE Google submission that they deleted than I would have spent in submitting ALL 60 branch updates that I was exploring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run as far away as possible.

To be honest, I see no business benefits from using BrightLocal.

BrightLocal review by Agency
Agency

"BrightLocal is AMAZING"

What do you like best?

BrightLocal is an amazing tool to track ranking, GMB Insights, FB Insights, Citation Creation and Audit, Local Search Insights ...every aspect of what is happening with our business and our clients business that's on the top 3 search engines. I love that we are able to track specific keywords in relation to our industry and utilize that information on multiple levels of enhancing our clients ranking position. The webinars hosted by BrightLocal that provide us with knowledge bombs from top leaders in this industry have taught me several aspects about who, what, when, where, how Local SEO optimizes. Thanks you for the amazing and continuous support!

What do you dislike?

When there are some errors on the citation I've got to search for login details in order to go to that citations website to correct it. If there's a way to update it from BrightLocal or be able to find the username and password rather than search through my old email accounts that would be superb! :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We're able to identify 99 targeting keywords that help show our clients the work we are doing on their behalf. We're able to show them where they are currently ranking and how to improve. We're able to show our clients what their competition is up to and how to become the go to business in their niche.

BrightLocal review by Nikki S.
Nikki S.

"Excellent for Local SEO"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface that is also appealing to the eye. That may sound funny, but it makes finding and analyzing data much easier. I really like the new dashboard they added for each location.

What do you dislike?

The new LeadGen widget feature is great, but the limits in the number you're able to allow in the lower plans could be more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the 14 day trial first as it's plenty of time to check out all the features. Also, check out their webinars as they have been very informative.

Tracking citations for multiple clients has been much easier with this software. I also appreciate seeing the ranking across different search engines.

"Brightlocal"

What do you like best?

You can easily track and organize business listings and they provide you with business listings that you may have never discovered. Super beneficial when you feel you have run out free business listings for any client.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, they suggest business listings that are spam or are irrelevant to the business. Or very few links cannot be read when adding new listings into BrightLocal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool that greatly helps with organizations with social media, business listings, search ranking reports, and more. Easy and simple navigation, even for first time users. Staff is helpful through chat if needed.

Ranking reports are an excellent feature and can help you track a business on how well they are ranking on search engines- provides feedback on what you need to improve on and what is excelling. Overall, an excellent organization tool that continues to improve and continuously adds new features over time.

BrightLocal review by Jim P.
Jim P.

"Affordable way to start on your SEO"

What do you like best?

I think BrightLocal offers a good solid SEO package at an affordable price. I have seen others that offer more bells and whistles but I couldn't afford the price. I did do two small citation campaigns and was very pleased with the accuracy of the listings.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be discrepancies within the different reports on which citations are active.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try when first starting out.

I'm trying to get my website recognized by the search engines. I have seen a small increase in traffic but am still way behind my competition. I understand some of this takes time.

BrightLocal review by Tim C.
Tim C.

"Excellent rank reporting and other SEO tools, with occasional slowness issues; Ok for Citation Build"

What do you like best?

Their search ranking reporting tools are the best ones that I know of on the market

Their prices are very reasonable

Their other tools are generally good or at least satisfactory

They allow us to create an online SEO dashboard for our clients to view

What do you dislike?

Occasionally their website slows down, perhaps once or twice a month. Very annoying when this happens since we rely on their tools being available 24x7x365 online.

They are slow to fix bugs, in my experience

#1 problem: having reliable and precise data about location-based search ranking results

Also their other reporting tools are interesting and useful

Their citation building services are pretty affordable too

BrightLocal review by Chad T.
Chad T.

"Would Not Recommend "

What do you like best?

Quick to answer questions and friendly staff.

What do you dislike?

I purchased a citation burst campaign, basically paid them to do local business listings. I purchased 12 listings, yet only as of campaign completion, only 3 are live. 5 are existing listings, and 4 are pending approval which I could have done myself. The reason I purchased the listing service was to not have to bother with calls or emails. When I inquired about these issues, I was told that they outsource the work to the Philipines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Following through on your product to completion.

None that can't be found available freely on your own.

BrightLocal review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Data is powerfuil"

What do you like best?

I love the enhancements that Bright Local has introduced with their ranking reports. I love that I can see either the live SERP listings for any given keyword or what the SERP looked like when the report was run. I am able to use this information for my clients that habitually Google themselves to refute their objects that they are not ranking.

What do you dislike?

Support is awesome, but the time difference is hard to instantly fix or address a problem. If there is any confusion regarding an issue, it can take an additional day to resolve.

I need to know how all of my clients are performing and how they are impacted by Google updates. Bright Local allows me to monitor all of my client's in their own folder and check each week's rankings.

BrightLocal review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"CitationBurst - Give it a Try!"

What do you like best?

I liked what it claimed to be - easy and affordable way to submit LDA.

***UPDATE 11/161/16*** I originally had a very negative experience with this CitationBurst service and support as outlined below. However, since then BrightLocal made very sincere apology and efforts to make things right including a personal call from Myles the CEO. The CitationBurst offering was a new product/service and some bugs needed to be worked out. My review helped them locate the issues and to their credit make efforts to correct. I'm told inclusion time has dramatically improved from the 50 days I experienced to around 8 days on average. My submissions completed shortly after my initial review. Based on the response from BrightLocal I'm comfortable trying the CitationBurst service again and recommending others to try it.

What do you dislike?

Sorry to say extremely disappointed with this "service", Sound like quick easy way to get in major LDA with minimal work and cost. Of course too good to be true. Ordered 2 submissions 9/12/16 & 9/13/16. After a couple weeks got an email "Citations Submissions Completed" and in it

"Some submissions & update have already gone live while others will take a few days/weeks before they are put live by a directory. For a typical campaign we expect a minimum of 70% of submissions to deliver live listings." Why is this not 100% - isn't that what I paid for. I wait a few days on in the BrightLocal "Dashboard" no listings live out of 4 for each.

Email to BL support (9/30/16) yeilded:

Here's the timeline of a submission campaign:

Day 1 - Paid date

Day 10 - Submissions complete

Day 14 - QA Complete + Live Listing check

Day 28 - Live listing check 2

Day 42 - Live listing check 3

Whoa - why is this not disclosed BEFORE buying?

Another email to support 10/26/16

Response "Please accept my apology for the undue delay. We were waiting for the aggregators to report back to us. We now updated our report with the data that's on the aggregators. They're now pushing these data to the directories to publish."

Now 11/4/16 - not 1 listing of 8 live yet. Pay an annual fee and 2 months gone by and not even listed yet. Also not - I asked about CANCELLING the renew - they said I could do from Dashboard - NOPE - no option to cancel. Follow up email telling them I did NOT want to renew when year is up. No reply. Save your money. Don't do it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they are past the "growing pains" of the implementation of the service. I think it's a good value to give it a try.,

LocalSEO - so far no benefit from the Bright Local CitationBurst.

BrightLocal review by Rich M.
Rich M.

"Proabably a good company at one time but appears to be going downhill"

What do you like best?

I like the format and concept of the entire process. Clean layout although SEO stuff is dated. Reporting system is top notch but has some formatting issues for long company names.

What do you dislike?

Poor support. Keep avoiding issues and no response to support tickets from 10 days ago. Started a $300 citation campaign and nothing was happening. Contacted support (got a response woo hoo) and they farm it out to the Philippines. Get a response from them saying sorry it "fell through the cracks" and then I have activity but the citations are requested are replaced with less authority citations because they cant complete it for whatever reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around

SEO local monitor and link building. So far no benefits

"Highly Recommended"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of Bright Local. My agency deals with several different clients, and no two are the same. Even two clients of the same industry don't have the same local listing issues. With Bright Local, you can identify which listings your business already has and go for the listings you don't have. This helps you avoid creating duplicates that would later have to be removed. We know that duplicates and inconsistent listings can affect how they rank and appear online or in the Google Local pack.

The price is also standardized. The cost is the same per listings. No variations in pricing.

What do you dislike?

Not much. When the system first starts gathering reporting data it can take any where from 10 to 30 minutes to run. If you have a lot of locations, this can take forever. If in the future there was a way to reduce the time with which the data is pulled an appears, that would be great. Otherwise, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo before using. It's simple to use, but you may miss out on great features if you just figure out on your own. When we finally scheduled a demo, the Bright Local team showed me how to consolidate and show or not show certain features of a report. Glad I saw it. Some clients want to see some elements of the report versus others.

Our agency truly offers customized services to each client. We don't do tier packages where every client gets 3 blogs, 30 citations, etc. Therefore, each client we onboard will have a different idiosyncracies. Having a platform like Bright Local is super flexibile.

BrightLocal review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"General time saver with nice reporting- but watch for glitches "

What do you like best?

The reports. Nicely formatted, white-labeled on a budget. Their reporting is based on what Google returns in response to their queries, and this can show things that need work, whereas if you went straight to a directory listing, for example, it might look OK. Chat questions are responded to quickly enough and are generally helpful. They are building out additional services.

What do you dislike?

Data quality. Rarely do I get an initial report that doesn't have some red herrings- just ran a local audit today for a TX company and got data from CO and CA, along with nearby businesses that were unrelated. I rarely present a full report to a client without corrections or editing. I'll admit a couple times I had not filled out a field or two correctly, but they also admit that their query process can have some holes.

I can do an initial scan on a business in no time- I can pick out the errors. Once I get the reports dialed in, which sometimes require manual intervention by BL staff, they are very presentable.

BrightLocal review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"Excellent product for SEO companies"

What do you like best?

The customer service is lightening quick, when we have a fire to put out for a client we get results FAST! Citation Burst and the SEO tools help us diagnose issues, very helpful! Our team has nothing but positive things to say about BrightLocal!

What do you dislike?

No big dislikes come to mind. Sometimes you would want directories to update a bit faster but BL is much faster than most of their competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep investing in the SEO tools, local citations & reputation are going to be huge for the years to come.

We are increasing client rankings, traffic, and leads. When that happens our agency grows.

BrightLocal review by Derlyn M.
Derlyn M.

"Very helpful and useful"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer service. Beautiful reporting features.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistencies across the different tool settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may not always be the simplest toolset to use, but if you have questions just chat up the customer support. They will help you out.

BrightLocal provides many useful reports as well as the ability to improve your directory listings on a larger scale. Any problems we have experienced with any of the tools have been speedily resolved by their awesome customer service team.

BrightLocal review by Margaret O.
Margaret O.

"Great product, essential tool"

What do you like best?

Great value, esp for the range of services the tool offers.

The audits allow me to quickly see the landscape and make decisions about strategy and tactic with clients. As well I have a feel before I take a client on of how much work is involved and how to set expectations.

This is an essential tool to have in your kit if you're doing anything related to Local Search / SEO.

Customer service is responsive - usu get an answer in 24 hrs, often less.

What do you dislike?

does return a portion of false positives. if there were a citations genie, ideally the number of false positives would decrease. But since we're talking humans, not genies, chances are we're getting the best results we can with the constraints the tool has.

Would like more countries available

Would *really, really* like api update service to update the big data aggregators

It seems like I got off on the wrong foot with support, and it's been awkward ever since. To be fair, they are professional, and they do provide assistance when needed. Perhaps it's the difficulty of communicating with words only - maybe they think I'm having a go when I don't mean to be?

Local search / local SEO problems. Online visibility, citations primarily. Quick audit of competitive landscape from a local perspective.

Essential tool for finding citations.

BrightLocal review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Bright local has been around for a while but they've re-branded and seem to offer a LOT more"

What do you like best?

Bright local used to just be a citation machine but they're really getting into other elements of the game.

I used bright local for some agency work back in the day in the form of directory submissions. That's still inexpensive and you can get away with charging a fair amount for it. These guys always pulled through when I worked with clients in the DC metro area.

What do you dislike?

The local directory game is less and less relevant these days.

It was only about year ago when I tried to use them for an international client and they did a pretty rough job. I would say that there's a limited value in doing directory citation work compared to 5 years ago.

They offer a suite of other services than can easily be white labeled and bring a fair amount of value quickly. It's a great service when it comes to outsourcing agency work.

BrightLocal review by Sara L.
Sara L.

"Useful tracking software and great customer service"

What do you like best?

The reports make it easy to regularly assess the number and strength of clients citations and reviews across a number of leading platforms. This helps to quickly identify any issues, so we can take action to resolve.

The customer service is incredibly quick and requests are dealt with in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see the reports covering more countries.

Identifies inaccurate details instantly for top citation websites, reducing the need to manually check for any changes.

BrightLocal review by Sara H.
Sara H.

"Helpful SEO tool for a small business"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to navigate and understand. The monthly reports are helpful tools to guide how we are doing.

What do you dislike?

Making edits to listings is not perfect. Wish there was an easier way and more fool-proof.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to new users and specifically small businesses.

Helpful to gauge us against our competitors. We plan to update our website, so this helps us guide that process as well.

BrightLocal review by Joe R.
Joe R.

"Bright Local have been an excellent support to our business for many years"

What do you like best?

Bright Local's tools give us easy access to the important location signals for a huge portion of our clients. The Citation Burst tool enables us to build accurate citations.

The team have been a great support to our business, tailoring their deliverables to our business model and being very flexible in their approach. What's more the team have a great turnaround on work which is delivered in a timely fashion.

The 'SEO Check' tool gives granular insight on a campaign - really good for clients which are struggling with rankings.

Bright Local are thought leaders in the industry - they have their finger on the pulse with Local SEO and are often sharing industry updates and engaging the community.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally citations are missed when using the Citation Tracker tool - however for the most part these are found.

As Bright Local serve a number of companies it would be useful to know they're team's operating hours for when urgent work is needed.

Occasionally work is carried out on the Bright Local platform to improve their service. This is great! But would be useful to know in advance as sometimes this slows the platform which can mean we have to put work on hold on a given day - this is rare though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial which gives you access to the majority of the tools - use this to see if this platform works for you

Managing location signals at scale.

With each business often having over 100 location signals online it is very important that we have an efficient and accurate way to find and update these - especially when managing this for around 1000 clients!

BrightLocal review by Tino T.
Tino T.

"Great product for optimising local search"

What do you like best?

The roll up reports for grouping locations based on predefined parameters. Such as regional location, store size, etc...

What do you dislike?

The reporting features could be improved. It's hard to get valuable insights from the reports.

We have gained a better understanding about the performance of all our locations. Having circa 4,000 branches throughout the UK it's incredibly challenging manage the visibility across all branches. BrightLocal made this a little bi easier.

BrightLocal review by Carlton R. S.
Carlton R. S.

"An absolute must for any Local Search consultant"

What do you like best?

I've been a BrightLocal user for 3+ years and for the money, there's nothing better. The SEO Check-Up, Local Rank Tracker, and Citation Tracker are an absolute must for my ongoing client work.

What do you dislike?

The process of adding a new client is laborious, but it is all required information. Sometimes when you add a new client and try to run a citation report, it seems as if I am duplicating efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it because it's just about everything a local SEO consultant needs for a monthly price I don't have too think too hard about.

I am able to quickly assess a client or potential clients local search presence with the Google Plus Local Wizard, Citation Tracker, and Local Rank Tracker.

BrightLocal review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great local SEO product"

What do you like best?

How well it focuses on local search results no matter what city you are targeting and who the audience is. They have a great support team that can be responsive and resolve any issues you may be dealing with.

What do you dislike?

There are times when they do not update and the accuracy can be off from time to time. It's not a major issue but you do have to re-run it again if it happens and that can take some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great focus on local search rankings. Their tools help your website rank and deliver the results you are looking for when you need to monitor how your are progressing throughout your location.

I've used it for link building for local citations and even monitoring overall local search performance with GMB and other platforms.

BrightLocal review by James "Roz" R.
James "Roz" R.

"Good Data Mining, Horrible GUI/PDF packages"

What do you like best?

I like the price and the amount of information. Im happy the finally joined the 21st century and integrated Google Analytics.

What do you dislike?

This was a complete deal breaker for me, when you save reports to PDF they dont ever look like they do on the web page, it takes TONS of editing, when editing is allowed to clean it up. There are misspelled words (American Vs. UK perhaps?) incorrect sentence formatting. There is very little means to edit this information, the tiny customization buttons on the right of the reports your allowed to edit is horrible, you can make things bold but not unbold them, you cant paste tables in or content from other reports as the tables break apart, you can add correct line breaks or better formatting.

I wrote someone at the company about this editing issue, and was bluntly told, "You are not supposed to edit these reports, you are supposed to submit them to your client as they are"., well I will NEVER submit one of Bright Locals reports to a client as is, I am a designer as much as I am a programmer and I find both of these areas completely outdated.

I even came back to give them another try and see they still dont care about customizing the reports, there is just no way I can keep giving them my money, as other places offer TONS of customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add better customization to all reports and a WORKING WYSIWYG! I cant believe this is not a priority

Trying to find the best way to do very focused SEO audits which allow me to customize the information as well as add explanations and ideas for changes within the report to minimize having to verbally explain everything to a client that wont understand 80% of it.

BrightLocal review by Ronnie J.
Ronnie J.

"It's great except for when it isn't"

What do you like best?

Comes up with a great list of potential citations to build, you can keep a track of what you've tried, done and which aren't possible

What do you dislike?

You don't get to pick your competitor or intervene manually - I have added a wood manufacturer and BL thinks my competitors are electricians and other non related industries - this then means that my potential citations are in the wrong industry entirely and just unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have recently increased their prices by 40%+, I would say the old price was reflective of the quality and unsure if the new price is reflective of what I get back from it

Local rankings have improved for clients this has worked for

BrightLocal review by Peter M.
Peter M.

"Happy with using the BrightLocal SEO tools and reports for my clients"

What do you like best?

Sensible rather than over-the-top set of tools - for creating useful information for my clients

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes, as I've had no issues to date.

I use their citation services as an outsourced service for my clients, along with generating various monthly SEO status reports.

BrightLocal review by Jessi D.
Jessi D.

"Great Service, Would Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

Our digital marketing agency utilizes many of BrightLocal's tools. We particularly like the citation burst feature as well as the citation tracker.

What do you dislike?

Overall , for citation building it has been a great tool.

Our agency is able to scale and provide local SMB clients with business listings.

BrightLocal review by Geoffrey T.
Geoffrey T.

"The Swiss Army Knife of an Online Marketer"

What do you like best?

We love that you can make a custom plan for your business but they also have pre-made packages. We have hundreds of practice that we work with so having the ability to customize what we give them was great.

What do you dislike?

We are based in the US so communication via email can be a little sluggish but their online chat is there to pick up the slack in emergencies.

Wish they worked with Google Adwords.

Whitelabeled Automated Reporting

Citation Work

SEO Audits

BrightLocal review by Joy H.
Joy H.

"Best Ranking Tracker for Local SEO"

What do you like best?

I love that their ranking tracker tracks the local results and can let you scan from the zip code level. The screenshots are also invaluable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can freeze or reports don't run.

It's an essential tool for my Local SEO agency

BrightLocal review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"A Fantastic Tool for Citation Building & Management"

What do you like best?

The tool itself is packed with detailed information about your locations all in one place. It's also easy to use and effective. Our portfolio has grown significantly because of BrightLocal, allowing us to do more in less time.

The team at BrightLocal is equally wonderful. I can't say enough good things about the content they produce, the webinars they put on, and how kind and helpful everyone is.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I absolutely love everything about this product

We are able to save time while providing more for our clients. We have been able to scale our local SEO services because of BrightLocal.

BrightLocal review by Agency
Agency

"Reliable Citation Solution w/ Awesome Reporting Dashboard!"

What do you like best?

The interface is user-friendly and their Support Team responds quickly if you ever need any extra help. And the client facing reporting dashboard is very sticky.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything that I dislike about their tools and service.

Their solutions to help local businesses control their online presence are outstanding and we're seeing great lift across the board for all of our clients.

BrightLocal review by Rob L.
Rob L.

"Good local search research tool"

What do you like best?

We most frequently use their citation tracker and Google Plus Wizard, which give us actionable steps for optimizing our clients' Google Local listings.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little outdated, and can be hard to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for local search. Look for ways to use the suite of tools to their full potential.

We are using BrightLocal to assist us with our local search engine optimization. We have saved time and improved rankings with the information this service provides.

BrightLocal review by Gyles A.
Gyles A.

"Great support, usability and effectiveness, I couldn't recommend highly enough."

What do you like best?

The transformation in search ranking, happened very quickly. I was trying to push awareness and bookings locally, both of which happened. I found the service totally relevant for my local marketing.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I disliked about this service

I was battling to get my Company higher in the search rankings. After 3 months of working with BrightLocal I am now number one in my local area.

BrightLocal review by Justin A.
Justin A.

"Great for SEO"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to check rankings and their customer service is amazing

What do you dislike?

There's has really been nothing to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it

Getting to the #1 spot on Google

BrightLocal review by Ade H.
Ade H.

"Simple, Useful and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Good service for local SEO and good customer service.

What do you dislike?

I have so far found nothing I dislike at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found the team and the service to be very useful. If you are in doubt about anything they always seem happy to chat and help.

I use Bright local for local SEO work. It makes generating citations very easy and cost effective.

BrightLocal review by David P.
David P.

"Awesome tools, awesome support"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the rank checker and citation checker tools.

What do you dislike?

It seems like the rank checker can be off a little sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend BrightLocal to SEO consultants for their Local SEO campaigns.

A business problem I am solving is the ability to create quality reports for my clients to send to them monthly. The main benefit I have realized is saving time.

BrightLocal review by Deacon T.
Deacon T.

"Fantastic service!"

What do you like best?

Very good tracking tools. By aggregating all of the data, it saves me dozens of time consuming trips to search engines!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far - I just wish we had found them sooner!

Building citations takes forever and while it's not difficult to do, I feel much better about hiring someone more qualified to handle the task and using the time I save to catch a movie or something :)

BrightLocal review by James R.
James R.

"Handy "

What do you like best?

There are a lot of great tools within BrightLocal.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports could use an update. They are not the most visually appealing. Also, the citation burst takes longer than I would expect it should.

Getting Citations listed online is a very time-consuming and tedious adventure. Their Citation Burst is very helpful.

BrightLocal review by Jordan C.
Jordan C.

"Good Local Tool"

What do you like best?

Good local SEO tool. Great citation building for consistency.

What do you dislike?

Didn't really use it for much other than citations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for citation building

Helped me find important citations that were inconsistent. I was able to identify them and fix them.

BrightLocal review by Administrator

"BrightLocal"

What do you like best?

The cost is reasonable. You just create the campaign and they do the rest

What do you dislike?

You don't have much control, but you just create the campaign and sit back

Business Citations...it is a lot of work

BrightLocal review by John M.
John M.
View Original

"ok"

What do you like best?

ok. i changed my review after them responding to my first review

What do you dislike?

ok. i changed my review after them responding to my first review

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend them.

ok

BrightLocal review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great software but needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Citation Checker to check out citations for local businesses

What do you dislike?

Sometime inaccurate rankings especially on the organic SERPs

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a comprehensive citation checker then BrightLocal is the right software for you. But if you want accurate rank checking especially for organic, you might need a different software for that.

Our company used Bright Local to check local citations for our clients and also rankings and to manage the reviews as well.

BrightLocal review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Simplifies citation control"

What do you like best?

Mass submission to 10s of local listing sites and directories

What do you dislike?

It takes up to two weeks after submitting your listing for BrightLocal to start working through your listings, so it's quite slow to begin with

We've been able to track rankings for 25+ local listings across a variety of keywords very easily. The charts are very helpful to show clients.

BrightLocal review by Colan N.
Colan N.

"Bright Local is the swiss army knife of Local SEO tools. "

What do you like best?

I love the entire suite of tools. If I had to pick a "best" tool it would be the Rank Tracker and SEO Check-Up.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that I dislike anything about Bright Local.

We are solving problems related to efficiencies. BL helps us accomplish client tasks with the least waste of time and effort

BrightLocal review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"Used the product for about a year and a half, as our company started focusing on SEO. "

What do you like best?

Very inexpensive and simple tool. Ability to run local ranking reports as needed, as well as set up a schedule to automatically be emailed the reports. The back links tool was very helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

It was a fairly simple tool, so support was not needed that often, but when it was it was not always the quickest response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth looking into if your organization only markets locally, and you are new to SEO.

We were looking to drive traffic and leads to our website through organic search. The back links, and regular ranking reports were very helpful as we made progress to moving to the number one spot on very broad local keywords, after starting off not showing up on any of the first 10 pages for those searches.

BrightLocal review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Local all the things"

What do you like best?

BrightLocal offers a very accommodating suite of tools, from actually building citations, to reporting on performance. I like how you can do it all in the same place. They also have a great, responsive support team.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little bit confusing sometimes. It can be cluttered and require a ton of clicks when it doesn't seem to be necessary. Also, reports can be cluttered and confusing to pull and walk through with a non-user.

We use BrightLocal for a portion of our local SEO offering.

BrightLocal review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Great for small agency reporting"

What do you like best?

For what I do, I use the SEO Checkup and Google Local Wizard most.

What do you dislike?

I don''t use the ReviewBiz nor the ReviewFlow.

I glean useful info from several of the Brightlocal reports that I use in improving clients' ranking.

BrightLocal review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Great local SEO tool"

What do you like best?

Brightlocal allows us to update local profiles for all of our accounts quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with the reporting system that we would like to see updated.

Local SEO

Learning about BrightLocal?

* We monitor all BrightLocal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.