Brightpearl

Brightpearl is a cloud-based business management application that incorporates inventory, accounting, CRM, POS and ecommerce

Work for Brightpearl?

Learning about Brightpearl?

Brightpearl Reviews

Ask Brightpearl a Question
Showing 31 Brightpearl reviews
Brightpearl review by Robert A.
Robert A.

"Converting my business over to Brightpearl"

What do you like best?

Brightpearl does nearly everything I need in my day to day business management. It includes all accounting functions , including allowing my accountant to make adjustments at the end of the year. It does all the stock and purchasing but importantly it integrates every sales channel like several Amazon Market places, Ebay and my Magento website. They all show the same stock availability and all account invoices and taxes are handled in Brightpearl seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet managed to make the marketing tools work well for me. I would like to use a fully integrated marketing suite within Brightpearl to contact my customer but I have to use Mail Chimp and I do not like MailChimp.

My book keeper and accounts department can work remotely but still provide all the functions I need. I can expand the number of simultaneous users very easily and at a relatively small cost. Integrations of many channels is easy and saves a huge amount of time and repetitive effort which I had to do before.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brightpearl
Brightpearl review by Ryan T.
Ryan T.

"Awesome Product! "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate! It was my first time using Brightpearl and found it easy to pick up. I like the idea that you are also able to send invoices automatically and save templates as I have mentioned below.

What do you dislike?

I had trouble integrating amazon with my brightpearl account. I ended up figuring it out but I felt the steps were hard to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with it and test things before you go live with it. It is easy to make it geared towards you specific company and goals but it will take some time to do so. WE LOVE BRIGHTPEARL as a company!

The business problems that Brightpearl is helping our company solve is Inventory, pricing, and color options. It is also nice to be able to save templates for receipts, invoices, and other customization templates.

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

Brightpearl review by Katie K.
Katie K.

"Easy to Learn, Excellent Support"

What do you like best?

Brightpearl's inventory tracking is extremely reliable and easy to follow. When Brightpearl says we have an item in stock, that means we have it.

I also have to mention their Customer Support. I have never worked with a system or company that is so compotent and prompt in responding to help questions. They will work closely with you and do their best to give you the results you want. If there is something that can't be fixed immediately, they are upfront about it. They are always working on updates and improvements to the system.

What do you dislike?

While I love the accuracy of reporting, orders, order history, and tracking, there are a lot of steps involved in each process. It's not difficult to learn, but can be tedious.

The system our company used before Brightpearl did not have a reliable inventory count. We never knew for sure what was in stock and what wasn't. Brightpearl has been a huge step up in that regard.

We're also able to keep up with lists and reports inside of Brightpearl that we previously kept up with outside of our old system.

Brightpearl review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Our experience of Brightpearl"

What do you like best?

We are a multi channel retailer and Brightpearl has streamlined our operations and made us much more efficient. It gives us a seemless integration for our Amazon. eBay and magento website and also handles our accounting. We made a move from a combination of softwares and it was definitly the right move for us.

What do you dislike?

There are still improvements to be made and it is not perfect, but Brightpearl seem to have very good interaction with their customers in order to continually improve suggestions put forward. It can improve on reporting aspects and template design. This is where Sage had the upper hand on Brightpearl, Sage you can can customise your templates much easier and it is much more powerful in that respect. Brightpearl has a basic html editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had some issues with what was prmised by our sales guy and what we received, they were eventually sorted after A LOT of discussions and some money on our part, it was worth it in the end. However I would make sure you get in writing what they promise it can do. But it is a great piece of software and we rarely need to use the support now.

Has drastically reduced admin hours in order processing and fulfillment.

Handles all our accounting and is a part of our e-marketing solution.

Stock management.

Brightpearl review by Malcolm P.
Malcolm P.

"made all the difference "

What do you like best?

I love that all updates are included and available to all. I love how simple and user friendly it is but how versatile it can be at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really disliked was the inability to give credit terms that were end of month. You could only give total days. That had now been resolved so I really have no complaints now

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the free trial and learn as much as you can. The hassle this has saved us and the fact we don't need servers is amazing. We can access from anywhere in the world and in the years we have been using it we have never experienced a glitch or down time .

Previously we were running spreadsheets that only one person could access at a time and everything was done in triplicate. Now we can work faster an more efficiently with reps in the field placing orders while the office staff, pick, pack and send

Brightpearl review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Helped our business grow to the next level"

What do you like best?

We were able to completely get rid of Quickbooks and enter all of our inventory PO's directly to brightpearl which automatically syncs the adjustments to our website.... saved us hours each week. We use bigcommerce, ebay, amazon, and we have a retail store (ePos) and we use the system on the road at trade shows. It keeps all of our inventory synced almost 100% of time.

What do you dislike?

We use Bigcommerce. Everytime Brightpearl or Bigcommerce has an update, things stop working correctly and it usually takes a day or two for things to "work right" again

I don't like that you have to click three times before removing inventory levels. Editing inventory levels on the fly should be easier.

The API to bigcommerce is still a little slow, but, it is much much much better than it was on the old Bigcommerce API that existed when we first started using brightpearl

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to plan for 6 months minimum to full realize the capability of the software

Inventory control and product control are great. We can easily teach a new employee how to start processing and shipping orders and receiving purchase orders into the system. The Barcode System that automatically creates barcodes for items (even if they don't have barcodes) is amazing. We have over 50 thousand items and they all have barcodes created by brightpearl!

Brightpearl review by User in Internet

"Happy Overall--But Our Business May Need to Part Ways Based on Our Future Plans"

What do you like best?

Cloud-based, multi-channel, syncs and manages multichannel inventory.

What do you dislike?

Limited to certain online sales channels. Limited international sales channels. Can become tedious to manage orders as business scales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your longterm business goals and plans align with brightpearl. For example, if you are an ecommerce company and plan on selling on many channels, verify that this is possible.

Overall, I would anticipate that Brightpearl has saved us many labor hours through the automation of order processing and accounting. Hard to give exact ROI numbers since we started with Brightpearl when the business was started in 2013. I have nothing to compare it with. Easy to sync listings from Amazon and eBay to inventory. Keeps you from having to process orders in many different places. find the accounting modules to be fairly basic. They work for simple companies. Any complication seems to be difficult to handle and I find myself questioning the accuracy of certain things.

Brightpearl review by Dick H.
Dick H.

"Brightpearl has helped massively in growing my business"

What do you like best?

Since I have been using Brightpearl for almost 8 years a review is long overdue.

My business has grown hugely over the last three years with turnover up 400% and profit up 500%. I can honestly say this would not have been possible without Brightpearl. By streamlining almost all of our business processes I have been able to keep staff to an absolute minimum as turnover has grown.

Brightpearl has also allowed me to add sales channels which we simply would not otherwise be able to manage without more staff, which would make these channels loss making.

The most important thing about Brghtpearl is that it brings my whole business together into one place. I spend 9 hours a day looking at Brightpearl, it manages several sales channels, my accounting and inventory management.

What do you dislike?

I am actually struggling to find things I don't like with the current version of Brightpearl.

I can see however that as a new user it may be intimidating. The system is complex. If it were not however it would be missing features, so this is a necessary evil.

The worst thing about Brightpearl is that for it to be any use you most embrace it completely. This will mean a complicated setup and steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it properly.

Spend time getting it setup well rather than rushing a go live and being disappointed.

I have covered most of this above.

Brightpeal has allowed me to keep my business very lean and therefor profitable.

It has also allowed me to add sales channels for very little effort which I would not otherwise be able to run in a profitable manner.

Most importantly however it has allowed me to keep my inventory moving very fast, allowing far greater cash turnover than I would otherwise be able to achieve with my stock holding.

Brightpearl review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"A very intuitive system with a team willing to learn and implement necessary updates."

What do you like best?

Easy to learn and use, excellent analytic data and client management tools. Combines well with our web platform, Magento, and each quarter shows improvements between how the two work better together.

What do you dislike?

When Brightpearl is updating it's patches or supplementary code for smartforms, notice in advance would be beneficial. There have been times where the smartforms disappear due to change of back-end coding. Problems though seem to be fixed very quickly upon request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your external database is properly prepared and tested if importing products. Always ask Brightpearl of their capabilities. We have found they have been successful in implementing custom functions with no custom back-end coding.

Tagging clients and projects coupled with analytic data makes our team more capable of making informed stocking, marketing, and general strategic business decisions.

Brightpearl review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods
Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods

"Thorough Training Process and Excellent Software"

What do you like best?

For us, Brightpearl has eliminated using multiple systems for processing orders. One of the main advantages of the software is that everything is in one place. The training from the start to your go-live date is very thorough and the support team is on hand to answer any queries.

What do you dislike?

Very minor - but how the total figures on the accounts pages don't carry over to the next page so the total figure is just the total for that page. Occasionally the system goes down but this is expected every so often. Everything else is superb and we are really enjoying using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure all users are involved in the training process otherwise you will be answering their questions!

As mentioned above, we now only use Brightpearl rather than multiple systems which has made the order process much more productive and less time consuming. Stock management is also great as we used to do this manually but now we have an automated system to flag up any anomalies.

Brightpearl review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods
Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods

"Would recommend the Brightpearl team and system to any small-medium business!"

What do you like best?

The full support that you receive from the team. Your whole implementation/Go Live schedule is mapped out and presented to you and regular calls and check ins are booked in straight away meaning that you can get all your questions answered really quickly.

In terms of using the system, the back end settings are extensive meaning 9 times out of 10 there is a way that Brightpearl can be tweaked to suit your requirements perfectly. The stock and inventory reporting was the massive bonus for us and the main motivation for getting it. It works great for our ecommerce business.

What do you dislike?

Not a complaint towards Brightpearl whatsoever as they made it very clear from the get go but implementation is hard work and you will face lots of hurdles to get your account ready to go live. The Brightpearl team are always on hand to assist and problem solve with you but it's not a walk in the park!

Our only downside using the system was the inability to list Bill of Materials / break down stock into halves etc. But we found ways around it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic team - make sure you lay out exactly how your business works ahead of implentation and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions to get your account to where it needs to be!

Stock management - until Brightpearl it was all manual now any mistakes/errors in manual stock takes are flagged up straight away by Brightpearl and we never run low on stock thanks to auto-reording.

Brightpearl review by Nick O.
Nick O.

"Using Brightpearl for our Multi-Channel Retail Business"

What do you like best?

Its an Integrated system helping us run most aspects of our business - accounts, customers, products, sales fulfilment etc...

What do you dislike?

minor issues like not being able to save the options of a report for next time or set defaults for screens. This would save a lot of time. The magento integration does not allow configurable products to be created which again is time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand limitations of integrations with e-commerce platform. Map processes carefully.

Integrating many areas of the business.

Managing stock across multiple channels.

Lower it costs - no servers etc....

Lower training costs.

Brightpearl review by Fields of Glory M.
Fields of Glory M.

"Partnering with Brightpearl is like being able to buy yourself more hours in the day."

What do you like best?

The mulit channel stock management and inventory control is first class.

What do you dislike?

The integration with EKM has some issues with a few orders coming down incorrect and and some marked as unpaid due to the 1p order difference as a result of the way VAT is calculated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system has streamlined our business and allowed more growth without having to add additional resource to the team.

Multiple processes streamlined into a single function have freed up lots of man hours.

Brightpearl review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Easy to use & Multichannel linked "

What do you like best?

The simplicity & user Friendliness . Extreamly easy package to use . Everything link quiet well. Everything flow properly . API are extremely helpful .

Easy user interface.

What do you dislike?

Preventing access to certain area . Allowing some to view customer Financial history without see the income statement and trail balance .

Bank reconciliations when upload CVS file its should automatically allocation 100% transactions.

Call tags and tickets are annoying as it seem to going around in circle before you get a answer.

landing cost feature is very expensive .

Bespoke reports should be allowed to be used .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extreamly good for Multichannel sales to customers with large stock line

Multichannel -allowing to sell on amazon & Ebay.

Brightpearl review by User in Alternative Medicine
User in Alternative Medicine

"Brightpearl software review"

What do you like best?

The inventory management is easy to use.

It is easy to edit general journal entries.

What do you dislike?

The system does not figure Sales Tax properly and may never becasue they keep telling us it supposed to work the way it does. (wrong for US businesses). So the sales tax reporting is always wrong at the end of the month and requires endless corrections to invoices to fix.

The Sales analysis reporting is terrible. There is no easy way to see how much money you actually collected during a month. and the values on the report do not give with income statements. There is no way to see how the values are being calculated.

Checking writing is awful. They don't put the invoice date on the stub. Instead they show all the invoice dates as the date the bill is paid. And the unbold print barely shows up on colored checks.

It is easy to edit general journal entries, which is a good thing because you have to daily, because the system does not allow you to have access to all of the ledger codes all of the time.

There is not a multi step process for receiving money from sales, so it is really difficult to see the income sources.

They do not separate customer deposits into a liability category so the receivable values is always incorrect.

List like accounts receivable are not sorted alphabetically by customer last name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out thoroughly to make sure it meets off of your needs.

We use this software as our stores inventory, retail, and accounting software.

Brightpearl review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"2 years of developing Brightpearl to reflect our Business across multiple channels"

What do you like best?

It provides a complete picture of our business across all channels combing sales reports to final balance sheet.

What do you dislike?

Accounting package is clunky and not as intuitive as some others

Recommendations to others considering the product

time taken to map your business to Brightpearl early does provide benefit later on.

Stock control

cash flow

order management

Brightpearl review by Phillip W.
Phillip W.

"Review of Brightpearl "

What do you like best?

Available anywhere and all our information is in one place

What do you dislike?

Regular updates can mean occassionally it goes offline for a short while. Not a major problem

Very effiicient. We don't have to hunt around differetn systems for information. Accounts, sales, client data are all in one place.

Brightpearl review by Anthony W.
Anthony W.

"Using it for business accounts for 5 years"

What do you like best?

We have Online access from anywhere on any PC.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the layout or features are changed for no reason (that I can see) it doesn't improve it but makes it more difficult to operate

Faster book keeping and invoicing. Great customer records

Brightpearl review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"A programme designed to help manage all aspects of your brand"

What do you like best?

Brightpearls positives are numerous, From the stock tracking, the news feed for each retailer, the search systems to aid sales and even the simplistic nature so that new users are fast to pick up how to use the system.

What do you dislike?

The main dislike would be the fact that Brightpearl does not have the ability to pre allocate stock. Dealing with huge intakes would be made far easier if pre allocation was a possibility.

The main problem we have solved is organisation. Having all our company's financial, stock and retailer details in one place makes life very easy!

Brightpearl review by Keara D.
Keara D.

"Reviewing system "

What do you like best?

The consulting aspect of this platform is a great way to bring in customers.

What do you dislike?

The website is somewhat boring and could use easier navigation links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, Recommended

Business problems Id solve with Brightpearl is how to prospect customers and as far as benefits I have learned ways to consult customers much better than ever before.

Brightpearl review by Vicky C.
Vicky C.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The easy use for quoting, purchase orders & cram system

What do you dislike?

Not being able to attach company brochures or terms & conditions to quote emails

Having a great centre system helps us function as a better business

Brightpearl review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Review"

What do you like best?

This is extremely hard to answer as I don't find it very user friendly and am struggling to find things I like about it!

What do you dislike?

The reporting tools are not detailed enough and it is hard to find or trailer reports to specif requirements

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you fully understand the functions of the system before starting. Also make sure all products and transactions are added correctly because rectifying any mistakes can be hard in this system

It is still a system which allows al business transactions to be recorded. Businesses always require such a tool

Brightpearl review by Faisal S.
Faisal S.

"Good Software that needs some work"

What do you like best?

Fairly Decent accounting software with some real good possibilities. The Bank feeds function is so useful and the overall design of the software is suitable for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

The system is not geared for specialised accounting work. There should be advanced modules available.

Data Entry is automated on e-Commerce as well as bank.

Brightpearl review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"5 years a Brightpearl user"

What do you like best?

Fequency of at functionality development

What do you dislike?

It does not automatically link to bank accounts on the version that I have, or if it does it hasn't been made known to me

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was the best bit of business software I have bought in the last 10 years

Admin costs are significantly reduced, which for a small business is critical. We can divert spare resources to revenue generating.

Brightpearl review by User

"Great software for small simple up to multi chanel businesses. WEB and phsycal stores"

What do you like best?

User Frindly, 24/7 support gives you a real mind peace, it works on any device.

What do you dislike?

Dispite the multiple functions that BP offers it could still be developed for International businesses as like as multilingual businesses, especialy in accounting options like multiple curency and ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recomended for small multi commerce businesses.

magento e-commerce

Brightpearl review by Erik B.
Erik B.

"Good but more development is needed. "

What do you like best?

Cloud based, its speed and reliability.

What do you dislike?

Accounting features, invoicing and unconvincing. Doesn't acknowledge varying costs correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your shopping well.

Software based system reliability. But still suffers accounting and inventory problems.

Brightpearl review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Brightpearl Software in progress "

What do you like best?

Mange Multiple warehouses

Manage Multiple sales channel

What do you dislike?

Lack of Sales tax reporting or integration with Avalara FOR USA customers

unable to manage VAT in Europe if your USA customer and sell in amazon Europe

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe

Multi Channel fulfillment and sales

Brightpearl review by Priscilla H.
Priscilla H.

"It's pretty useful for a growing small business"

What do you like best?

Interface that allows a small business to act like a big business

What do you dislike?

lots of different tabs and windows; can get confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not necessary if you have less than fifty different items/styles of things

How to efficiently manage hundreds, if not thousands of different inventory items. I realized brightpearl is useful in categorizing things in a way that makes sense.

Brightpearl review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"An essential tool for anyone involved in selling on Amazon & Ebay"

What do you like best?

Quickly gives a real time stock availability position on various ecommerce sites.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit of a delay in ebay orders comining into sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you get it up and running it will save you time and money

Saves us time and money updating the actual stock position on multiple sites as when an irem sells it is removed automatically from the stock.

Brightpearl review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Review of Brightpearl"

What do you like best?

I love that all of the order information is contained in one place. It is extremely user friendly and quick to pick up.

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes be slow or crash completely, which can be frustrating.

We have accounts and sales information at hand and it is displayed in a user friendly way...great for setting sales targets

Brightpearl review by User

"I am a new user and have found this easy to navigate and record financial information "

What do you like best?

The simplicity and effectiveness of recording and viewing of data

What do you dislike?

nowt to date there has not been any downside to using the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go on try it and you will realize how effortless it is to track and be accountable

tracking of spend and orders all available at click of a key

Learning about Brightpearl?

* We monitor all Brightpearl reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.