Brightree

Brightree Home Health allows agencies to enforce standards and best practices that maximize compliance, improve patient outcomes, and increase clinical and operational efficiencies

Work for Brightree?

Learning about Brightree?

Brightree Reviews

Ask Brightree a Question
Showing 26 Brightree reviews
Brightree review by Brandy R.
Brandy R.

"Brightree is the way to go"

What do you like best?

Brightree is a safe, secure platform that I use on a daily basis. Brightree is a great tool to use in keeping track our customers and patients. I love Brightree's simplicity and ease of navigation. I would recommend Brightree to anyone in the medical field.

What do you dislike?

For the most part, I do not have any problems with Brightree. Brightree does go slow sometimes, but it is a rare instance and it usually comes back online rather quickly. There have been the rare occasions where the system was down for almost an hour, but it was mostly due to implicate weather and the help desk got us back online as quickly as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Brightree, especially if you work in the medical field and require easy access to your patient information.

I have never lost any contact information through Brightree whereas it seems like information has not been saved before when I was using other platforms at previous jobs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brightree
Brightree review by Carlos R.
Carlos R.

"Efficient, but slow."

What do you like best?

Brightree is a simple system with a friendly interface, which is really helpful doing what I need it to do. I like that its responsive most of the time. The information is clear, and its show in a way that's easy to understand and work onto. Once the information is saved it stays that way.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system is extremely slow, and insurance verification take a while to process or they do not process at all. Sometimes it doesn't save the changes I do, or I have to save changes consecutively for them to show. It does not happen all the times but it happens quite enough to become a bit afraid of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brightree is efficient, simple, and uses a great interface, and yes, i does slowdown sometimes but 99% of the time is snapy and fast. The system build is stable, and once you set everything right the system works steadily and without surprises, which is one of the best things, because as CSR you need a reliable system, and brightree is the most reliable I have ever worked with In this career. I'd highly recommend brightree for a reliable service. and no complications, Even if they do arise. they are solved rather quickly

Medical supplies, I can see inventory, I can see prescription and information important to be successful as a customer service representative, and this way my patient satisfaction grows avoiding issues, mistakes or another troubles.

What Home Health Care solution do you use?

Brightree review by Amanda G.
Amanda G.

"Brightree: the multi-use tool"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Brightree is how intuitive it is. I've worked with computers pretty much all of my life and have used many different programs. The best are always ones where you can figure it out with someone having to guide your steps the whole way because it isn't user friendly. It is just as easy to use to look up patient charting as it is to look up the history of a machine's serial number.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it can be to look up items in inventory. Sometimes when using item description look up it doesn't work at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Brightree to anyone. It is so versatile that it would meet needs in any business where you need to keep track of inventory, finances and customers. I cannot think of many companies that would not benefit from this. The fact that it is pretty much intuitive is fantastic. For larger companies, the ability to task/WIP certain things to specific people for them to review or process, it makes workflow much more streamline. It's also aesthetically pleasing. The developer(s) did a good job making sure it looked good too.

The business I work for has sites all over the USA. Being able to chart on a patient at a local level, at a financial and corporate level with ease is great. It makes a comprehensive and cohesive experience more possible for the patients since we can all see everything.

Brightree review by Kathy S.
Kathy S.

"It's good financial software"

What do you like best?

It's good financial software. It's also good for inventory control. If you can be organized about how you enter documents, it's good for document control.

What do you dislike?

Brightree isn't as good for clinical follow ups. That's not surprising, since it's business software, but it would be nice if there were dedicated sections for clinical follow ups. The data for CPAP compliance, for example, comes into Brightree, but there is no way to track patients who need help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tech support is great - very thorough - but I would recommend that anyone implementing Brightree have superusers in place who are designated as resources for other employees. When a superuser leaves, designate another one and get them educated on the software.

We use Brightree as a data source for our clinical software.

"Tip of the Iceberg"

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use. Even for areas I don't access frequently, there is little to no guesswork to complete the tasks I'm working on.

What do you dislike?

There are certain areas that do no have a "back to search" option, so you have to start over. Also, there's not a way to advance to next account when working on updating multiple patient accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that there is a learning curve with any software and Brightree is more capable of even more than you may realize. I continue to find new ways to make our jobs here easier through utilizing Brightree. If ever there is a question, contact their help desk. They are exceptionally helpful and they also have an online community with questions from other users.

Electronic submission, payment, and remittance of all medical claims. Just with getting this one thing done for one payer, it has saved us 16 man hours each month - that's not counting ALL the payers we use across the board.

Brightree review by Brandy R.
Brandy R.

"Easy to use and simple"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and navigate. I very rarely have any trouble with it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it hangs up and goes slow, but it's rare enough that it is not really a bother.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brightree is an easy tool to use that I highly recommend for use in the medical field or anywhere that you may need to keep patient and customer information. The navigation is simple and it is a great tool to use when communicating with your colleagues.

Brightree keeps all of our patient information is a safe, secure location that is easy to navigate. It is easy to keep all of our information organized.

Brightree review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Compliant and Powerful"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for in office and field staff. Can enforce compliance to keep you within regulatory standards.

What do you dislike?

Not very flexible on some things, and missing features from other EMR vendors. Requires quite a bit of setup and training to understand fully. Weekly trainings for two months prior to our go-live and we still had some issues here and there. Vendor is very reliant on self-teaching via "Job Aids" and will remind you over and over that they already sent you the information if you have a question, before then answering the question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an in-depth demonstration and understand the setup tasks needed to be done BEFORE going live.

Keeping compliant with regulatory issues as well as visits and orders. By not letting you schedule without a matching order you are forced to keep compliant throughout.

Brightree review by Lenarda R.
Lenarda R.

"Brightree Rocks"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn. I worked at a previous company that I learned how to use Brightree and when I change companies, I was able to cut training time because I already knew how to us brightree.

What do you dislike?

Usually when updates are done It seems to go down but once it comes back up, it works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My previous company did switch from another product to Brightree.

Brightree helps the company I work for keep track over inventory and billing.

Brightree review by Lenarda K.
Lenarda K.

"Brightree Rocks"

What do you like best?

Brightree is a great program to keep track of inventory and billing for a company.

What do you dislike?

It not a good program for the clinical part of a DME company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making this program more suitable to what for clinical staff or team up with a program such as KnightWatch.

We have been able to keep track of our inventory much better. This program has help our company hold our local location accountable for missing inventory.

Brightree review by Sharon R.
Sharon R.

"Brightree is a great tool but tends to be slow at times"

What do you like best?

Brightree has all the information needed to service our patients (demographics, doctors, insurance, previous orders, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to press SAVE many times before a note saves. This should save with the first time you press SAVE as this is medical records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good program for patient information/database. Easy to use.

Problems are the system is slow at times. Benefits are able to see patient's information easily and quickly.

Brightree review by Administrator

"Director of Inventory and Purchasing"

What do you like best?

I like that Brightree is a web-based program so it can be accessed everywhere and that it does a good job with integration and APIs for our company's in-house programs.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that Brigthtree nickles and dimes you for every additional feature they come out with. I also dislike it from an inventory standpoint. I feel like the inventory tracking system needs some work and it it is not the best in-house solution for multiple locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product, however, the inventory portion of the site needs some work!

Trackability for patients orders, maintaining consistent orders and knowledge of patient interactions.

Brightree review by Jeannie K.
Jeannie K.

"Brightree "

What do you like best?

I am able to do everything I need and everybody is able to see what’s going on with each patient easily.

What do you dislike?

I have trouble with it crashing a lot recently.

My notes and everybody in the company’s notes are able to be seen on each patient so we are able to communicate effectively

Brightree review by User

"Great Interface, Tweaks Would Help"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with this program, the interface is extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I think what bothers me most is that on certain detail pages, there isn't an option to return to search or search results. I have to go back to the main menu option and direct back to the search page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn features and capabilities

I'm currently working to ensure electronic submission of claims that we've only submitted on paper until now. Once we're able to get all the information correct and allow it to run on it's own, it's going to save me at least 2 days worth of work each month.

Brightree review by Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care
Executive Sponsor in Hospital & Health Care

"Brightree Hospice"

What do you like best?

I like the layout and the flow. I like that I can run my entire clinical team on iPads. I like the quick sync times and the ability to pin patients when needed for offline charting.

What do you dislike?

We have a lot of little issues with the front office portion. Something always is down or offline. Tech support is the the best and sometimes takes forever. They don't test releases well, we always run into issues with little things that get missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you go through your setup wit ha fine tooth comb, as a lot of little configuration issues pop up. They do not have a very good time and milage tracking system and reporting is less than optimal.

Electronic charting. We are fully electronic and mobile.

Brightree review by User

"Good for therapist, however could use improvement "

What do you like best?

Simple to use. Love the pre set buttons. It is easy to slide amongst each page. I like that I can schedule all at once as well as individually.

What do you dislike?

Does not have enough presets. Also could use more drop down options. When syncing, this takes forever! Also at times I still have patients that appear on my side bar even though I have closed them out..

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more you use it, the easier it is.

Ways to bill for therapy. Using technology reduces paperwork and very accessible

Brightree review by User

"Brightree is a great tool!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Brightree is how easy it is to use. It is a a very simple program, it makes it very easy to keep up with tasks, and keeping up with everything going on in the company.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have much to complain about Brightree. The only issue I have had so far is that sometimes it does take a little while to load, however the Brightree team does get us back online in a timely manor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using it!

We have solved many problems with patient information, it is so easy to keep everything stored.

Brightree review by User

"Brightree is a great tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and navigate, I love the application. My favorite part is the order tab, it is always easy to look up any orders.

What do you dislike?

Nothing everything is great, it is very easy to use. I would like a tab that allowed you to quick search patient information.

Looking up patient information is very easy, it is very simple and user friendly.

Brightree review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Interesting software"

What do you like best?

Web-based. Ease of use. Cloud storage. Easy ERN retrieval.

What do you dislike?

No patient charts. No way to record telephone messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider using their EMR system if you are planning on using it for a practice/home health/DME. The version our office uses does not implement the EMR Version of the product, so it is lacking some of the things that a full EMR would allow you to use.

We use our software for Orthotic and Prosthetics, so we use it schedule appointments, make sales orders/quotes, submit claims. The benefit of being able to be anywhere to login to at least see if the patient is scheduled is quite nice.

Brightree review by David G.
David G.

"Brightree is the best software we use for CPAP Supply orders"

What do you like best?

Logical organization of the standard information fields. Good summary page.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slows down drastically. The data is only a good as the people putting it in. Make more field required for successful initiation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the Supply/resupply business this will work well for you!

Supply Reorder requires access to Financial and Previous Order information.

Brightree review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"Sometimes slow but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like it when it goes fast so we can get through it to get pts in and out

What do you dislike?

the fact that sometimes its slow and that when we need help to fix it it takes awhile

The insurance check and the fact that we can easily navigate it

Brightree review by Justin A.
Justin A.

"Brightree for DME"

What do you like best?

Excellent! always working with the end users to improve the product. + all web based

What do you dislike?

printing of par tasks like you can print notes. more electronic verification for insurance. also being able to change the par request fax form

billing. private pay collections

Brightree review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"User friendly platform"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to learn, very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

not a way to connect two same accounts/merge accounts

We utilize it for durable medical equipment patient files. It is very useful to keep track of and make notes for patients and multiple items.

Brightree review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Mostly good, but a few setbacks."

What do you like best?

Reporting capabilities are nearly endless. Having the data at one's fingertips is powerful!

What do you dislike?

Some fields are not available for reporting and some tables cannot be linked within Brightree. We use the API to do some of the more complex reporting that we need, but this is an additional fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it!

We are reducing insurance claim denials. so far down 25%

Brightree review by Breana W.
Breana W.

"Best Billing System"

What do you like best?

It's easy to bill items to patients and handle payments

What do you dislike?

The cost of the software is really expensive.

Billing, Payments, ERNs, Patient Files, Document filing

"Brightree Review"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use it no matter where I am.

What do you dislike?

The cost and how much everything costs to do each thing.

Connecting and managing patients and orders

Brightree review by Consultant in Medical Devices
Consultant in Medical Devices

"Brightree"

What do you like best?

Helpful, user friendly software for a DME company

What do you dislike?

The software seems to be slower at times. Speed could be improved.

DME intake, processing and claims

Learning about Brightree?

* We monitor all Brightree reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.