BrightRoll DSP

BrightRoll is the only independent and unified programmatic video advertising platform for reaching audiences across web, mobile and connected TV.

Work for BrightRoll DSP?
Dataxu cross channel  2x

Learning about BrightRoll?

BrightRoll DSP Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 22 BrightRoll reviews
BrightRoll review by User

Lot of inventory and options but tough to back out CPAs

What do you like best?

I like the massive amount of inventory available with Yahoo and Brightroll across a number of different exchanges. There are also a lot of audience targeting options and other ways to segment the users you are reaching that can be powerful.

What do you dislike?

There is certainly a wealth of options with Brightroll but as a direct response advertiser, we have found it difficult for our CPAs to back out on their platform. This could be just too high of a rate being taken by the DSP or it could be that they aren't as good at detecting click fraud as other networks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would start small and find things that work and then scale up from there.

We are reaching our potential customers across a wide variety of exchanges and websites for remarketing and prospecting.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrightRoll DSP
BrightRoll review by <span>Justin W.</span>
Justin W.

Great system; very easy to use and optimize campaigns

What do you like best?

SmartBundles are an awesome feature and tends to be how we use the tool the most.

I also like how we can remove targeting to incentivized systems that game an app so that a user will be forced to watch a video gain a prize; those systems tend to feel forced and not something an advertiser is going to want to see in their site reporting.

Our TAM has always been hugely involved in how we use the product, so they can even oversee our setup and give us tips and tricks before a campaign goes live.

What do you dislike?

Reporting doesn't feel "easy" to customize; sometimes trying to find the right feature or right target can take a while, and I'll usually rely on my AM to help me find the feature I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the recent acquisition by Yahoo could signal a decline in the product development cycle, it could also open the tool up to more inventory sources and better data.

We're solving the problem of hitting the client's KPI's, even if our unique data can't provide that sort of result. When we augment our delivery with BrightRoll's Smart Bundles we're often able to optimize to the goals the clients request.

What Cross-Channel Advertising solution do you use?

BrightRoll review by <span>Nico J.</span>
Nico J.

Great targeting offerings, click-through intent is dubious at best

What do you like best?

Brightroll has robust targeting options, and responsive account management. Billing based on CPC was a nice change of pace from cost per completed view, CPM, etc.

What do you dislike?

Though click-through rate came out around 1% for our videos (on target for us), the on-site engagement from these clicks was low. A lot of these clicks seemed accidental; session times on site were pretty low, and bounce rate was high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for awareness campaigns – you'll have access to practically any target demo you're hoping to hit. Not great for direct response video advertisers.

We wanted to see if any clicks resulted in sales, but the number of sales didn't come close to hitting our target CPA.

BrightRoll review by User in Internet

Great Interface - Intuitive & Straightforward

What do you like best?

Optimizations are easy to implement and filters are straightforward. Campaign health is easy to assess without having to pull an in depth report. Intuitive interface that shortens set up time for campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's hard to figure out what filters were set as it doesn't show what's already in place. Reporting isn't as easily accessible. A rep will need to help you set up automated reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BrightRoll is a great product that has a great support team that is really responsive. BrightRoll is constantly working to improve their platform without taking away the ease of use.

Balancing client KPIs and optimizing campaigns are what we deliver. The ease of use provides great benefit by making time spent more efficient. There is less time spent on pulling reports and more time spent on making changes that help benefit performance.

BrightRoll review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

Senior Media Planner

What do you like best?

Reach against broad a audience and cross-platform targeting. The customer service was also great when working with and negotiating plans. The rates proposed were also very competitive compared to other partners considered for the campaign. The rep seemed to want to try and work with us.

What do you dislike?

BrightRoll DSP was lacking specific content within the home content category which is made it tough to reach a niche audience. My client felt very strong in aligning with contextually relevant content which made it very tough to recommend this particular vendor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend BrightRoll DSP for campaigns reaching a broad audience as well as campaigns with limited budgets for efficiency purposes.

Overall budiness problem for my client is to generating awareness of a brand and increase consideration of product for consumers. Success is measured by driving traffic to the site (CTR) .

BrightRoll review by User in Internet

BrightRoll DSP Review

What do you like best?

The best part of the BrightRoll DSP is it's user interface. It is both easy to navigate and easy on the eyes.

What do you dislike?

When reviewing site placements (to create a bundle). I cannot export all metrics into .CSV. For example, with my viewability-focused campaigns I cannot see metrics such as Viewable Impressions or Measurable Impressions.

I also do not like that I cannot clone an entire campaign. This would be a huge time-saver as I have multiple clients that run very similar campaigns for their many flights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be overwhelmed! It has a seamless interface and vast options to play around with.

N/A.

Learning about BrightRoll DSP?

* We monitor all BrightRoll DSP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.