BrightRoll DSP

BrightRoll is the only independent and unified programmatic video advertising platform for reaching audiences across web, mobile and connected TV.

Work for BrightRoll DSP?

Learning about BrightRoll?

BrightRoll DSP Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 24 BrightRoll reviews
BrightRoll review by Agency in Hospital & Health Care
Agency in Hospital & Health Care

"Powerful and intuitive DSP"

What do you like best?

Really easy to upload creatives and tagging. Brightroll makes building campaigns and line items a breeze. It's pretty intuitive. I like the ability to save settings template (new feature) which saves me a lot of time when building out multiple line items. I like the ability to create custom audiences and get a live scale prediction. The customer service is excellent, if there were any issues, it would get resolved within a reasonable amount of time and with a lot of communication in the interim.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of glitches, sometimes changing my settings without my knowledge (viewability, brand safety, etc). It's also inconvenient to have to submit a negative keywords list to DSP administrators every time I want to incorporate it in a campaign (vs. being able to manual add negative keywords or keyword list). Also, some lines tend to over pace (over 100%) alot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the team for learnings and reach out to admin for any issues or further clarification.

Building digital media campaigns for advertisers

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BrightRoll DSP
BrightRoll review by User

"Lot of inventory and options but tough to back out CPAs"

What do you like best?

I like the massive amount of inventory available with Yahoo and Brightroll across a number of different exchanges. There are also a lot of audience targeting options and other ways to segment the users you are reaching that can be powerful.

What do you dislike?

There is certainly a wealth of options with Brightroll but as a direct response advertiser, we have found it difficult for our CPAs to back out on their platform. This could be just too high of a rate being taken by the DSP or it could be that they aren't as good at detecting click fraud as other networks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would start small and find things that work and then scale up from there.

We are reaching our potential customers across a wide variety of exchanges and websites for remarketing and prospecting.

What Cross-Channel Advertising solution do you use?

BrightRoll review by Justin W.
Justin W.

"Great system; very easy to use and optimize campaigns"

What do you like best?

SmartBundles are an awesome feature and tends to be how we use the tool the most.

I also like how we can remove targeting to incentivized systems that game an app so that a user will be forced to watch a video gain a prize; those systems tend to feel forced and not something an advertiser is going to want to see in their site reporting.

Our TAM has always been hugely involved in how we use the product, so they can even oversee our setup and give us tips and tricks before a campaign goes live.

What do you dislike?

Reporting doesn't feel "easy" to customize; sometimes trying to find the right feature or right target can take a while, and I'll usually rely on my AM to help me find the feature I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the recent acquisition by Yahoo could signal a decline in the product development cycle, it could also open the tool up to more inventory sources and better data.

We're solving the problem of hitting the client's KPI's, even if our unique data can't provide that sort of result. When we augment our delivery with BrightRoll's Smart Bundles we're often able to optimize to the goals the clients request.

BrightRoll review by Nico J.
Nico J.

"Great targeting offerings, click-through intent is dubious at best"

What do you like best?

Brightroll has robust targeting options, and responsive account management. Billing based on CPC was a nice change of pace from cost per completed view, CPM, etc.

What do you dislike?

Though click-through rate came out around 1% for our videos (on target for us), the on-site engagement from these clicks was low. A lot of these clicks seemed accidental; session times on site were pretty low, and bounce rate was high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for awareness campaigns – you'll have access to practically any target demo you're hoping to hit. Not great for direct response video advertisers.

We wanted to see if any clicks resulted in sales, but the number of sales didn't come close to hitting our target CPA.

BrightRoll review by User in Internet

"Great Interface - Intuitive & Straightforward"

What do you like best?

Optimizations are easy to implement and filters are straightforward. Campaign health is easy to assess without having to pull an in depth report. Intuitive interface that shortens set up time for campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's hard to figure out what filters were set as it doesn't show what's already in place. Reporting isn't as easily accessible. A rep will need to help you set up automated reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BrightRoll is a great product that has a great support team that is really responsive. BrightRoll is constantly working to improve their platform without taking away the ease of use.

Balancing client KPIs and optimizing campaigns are what we deliver. The ease of use provides great benefit by making time spent more efficient. There is less time spent on pulling reports and more time spent on making changes that help benefit performance.

"Senior Media Planner"

What do you like best?

Reach against broad a audience and cross-platform targeting. The customer service was also great when working with and negotiating plans. The rates proposed were also very competitive compared to other partners considered for the campaign. The rep seemed to want to try and work with us.

What do you dislike?

BrightRoll DSP was lacking specific content within the home content category which is made it tough to reach a niche audience. My client felt very strong in aligning with contextually relevant content which made it very tough to recommend this particular vendor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend BrightRoll DSP for campaigns reaching a broad audience as well as campaigns with limited budgets for efficiency purposes.

Overall budiness problem for my client is to generating awareness of a brand and increase consideration of product for consumers. Success is measured by driving traffic to the site (CTR) .

"BrightRoll DSP Review"

What do you like best?

The best part of the BrightRoll DSP is it's user interface. It is both easy to navigate and easy on the eyes.

What do you dislike?

When reviewing site placements (to create a bundle). I cannot export all metrics into .CSV. For example, with my viewability-focused campaigns I cannot see metrics such as Viewable Impressions or Measurable Impressions.

I also do not like that I cannot clone an entire campaign. This would be a huge time-saver as I have multiple clients that run very similar campaigns for their many flights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be overwhelmed! It has a seamless interface and vast options to play around with.

N/A.

"Brightroll Console "

What do you like best?

After much feedback from our adops team and working closely with the BRX product team, the Console that's been rolled out is pretty intuitive and has a good work flow. I like the duplicate line items function, the creative assignment function, zip code targeting capabilities, asset preview tool, daily delivery pacing (the system is pretty accurate), smart bundle control, and ability to pull reports by creative. Also you can optimize towards CTR, completion rate, etc. which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

When targeting bundles, delivery gets funneled to a very select group of sites. So there is definitely a lack of variety when you have specific KPIs to hit. You can't upload blacklists or whitelists on your own, you have to send it to the account manager to implement on the backend (the lack of control on this is inconvenient).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Console itself is solid and reliable. The support from the team is really great too.

We are trying to reach specific audiences, run our business at the best margin possible, and hit varying KPI goals (like CTR, viewability, completions, etc) at once. I've found that I can hit most of my goals at fair rates using Brightroll's inventory, which is why I continue using their platform.

BrightRoll review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Brightroll adoption by Sell-Side Partner"

What do you like best?

The account team were fantastic at demonstrating the platform, clearly articulating the value and how it could fit with our existing stack. The setup and approval process was quick and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Further collateral in terms of use cases and scenarios would be useful for new client pitches, though this should now be forthcoming.

In my previous role I pushed to have Brightroll adopted as a Video DSP of choice, understanding the value it could bring to existing and new business partners. The ad safety credentials and useability of Brightroll were obvious, along with the fantastic support team.

Now that Brightroll is part of Yahoo's ecosystem, and though I have changed roles, I am still an interested spectator of how the platform develops, specifically with mobile use in mind.

BrightRoll review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="5956aa8e-8f20-4a29-9df3-483bfd9de675">Roy M.</span>
Roy M.
" itemprop="name" />

"Average UI with above average support"

What do you like best?

My account reps were always available during the weekends and the holidays which was very helpful during crunch-time.

What do you dislike?

The platform lacked some simple features like campaign and line item duplication. They could also improve their reporting capabilities. There's not much customizing nor able to pull reports account wide. I'm also unable to set up automatic reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are in my top 5 for buying video inventory. After a few improvements to their UI, I'd put them in the top 3.

I used them to help fulfill our direct campaigns. Optimizing using their bundles was very helpful.

BrightRoll review by Will R.
Will R.

"Used in Current Position"

What do you like best?

I love how many data points there are to help hit the specific audience/target.

What do you dislike?

My own qualms were educating myself with BrightRoll DSP. Once I learned and became familiar, I was thoroughly happy.

Looking to help my clients hit a specific audience, BrightRoll has made this whole process easier for me.

BrightRoll review by User in Internet

"Easy to use (most of the time), helpful Account managers"

What do you like best?

Easy optimizations, helpful AMs, generally useful/easy to use UI though it is clunky at times.

What do you dislike?

Reporting by URL doesn't exist, annoying to block sites based on performance, if you set a daily delivery goal, it delivers ASAP instead of evenly, etc. There are lots of little clunky things like these that could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good AM and use their knowledge!

Campaign KPI performance. Improved client satisfaction, less campaign manager time wasted.

BrightRoll review by Stella K.
Stella K.

"BRX UI improvment"

What do you like best?

Uploading creatives is easy and intuitive. Getting an estimation on performance VCR and CTR is mostly accurately and on par when the campaign is set live. It's reliable and stable in terms of delivery. Tag preview is fast in loading and easy to share.

What do you dislike?

Making bundles and smart bundles as its not as effective on campaign performance sometimes and may take a while for the data to upload on the chart listing the sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to use BRX's VCR or CTR optimizer instead of creating site bundles. Takes longer to do site bundles and may not always help performance.

Working on integrating our proprietary data with BRX so we can more fluidly use for our client campaigns.

BrightRoll review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Clean Interface Lacking in Features"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use in the interface, its quick updating with stats and how you can digest a lot of information easily.

What do you dislike?

There is no way of breaking out stats by player size, domain, geo etc... You are very limited in your reporting options which makes it very hard to find and detect issues.

We were looking for a quality and technically superior demand platform to help us monetize a series of websites and collections. Brightroll was a perfect fit for that.

BrightRoll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Brightroll"

What do you like best?

Set up is very easy and straightforward. Managing the campaign post set up is very easy in terms of the delivery, pacing, etc. You have the option with the optimization tab whether you want to optimize toward CTR or completion rate. Great customer service.

What do you dislike?

Members of the team have had issues with reporting. Some aspects of campaign management can only be handled by the BRX team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall I would recommend BRX for ease of use and ability to hit KPIs.

Access to inventory, ensuring we hit the campaign KPIs and maintain margin.

BrightRoll review by Craig T.
Craig T.

"BrightRoll DSP"

What do you like best?

The UI is pretty standard and easy to use

What do you dislike?

I felt like conversion performance wasn't the best

We are a conversion based software

BrightRoll review by Agency in Entertainment
Agency in Entertainment

"BrightRoll for video advertising "

What do you like best?

The user interface is beautifully designed. Customizing video advertising campaigns is a simple process..

What do you dislike?

As with any program, you must understand the pricing structure before you invest. Some features are locked unless you are in elect into an upper-tier price. Reporting is unavailable in CSV format as far as I can tell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pricing and understanding the pros/cons about the features are a must before you invest

Video advertising and custom reporting

BrightRoll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"BrightRoll DSP"

What do you like best?

I find the ease of use the best aspect of the DSP.

What do you dislike?

Aesthetically speaking it could improve a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to just - just learn how to optimize to target the right users.

I manage preroll inventory for a number of clients. BrightRoll is being used as a third party vendor.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Convenient easy video DPS platform "

What do you like best?

It's an extremely easy tool to implement efficient video buys

What do you dislike?

I think sometimes transparency is lacking but this is fairly normal for DSPs

The biggest benefit is being able to buy efficient inventory across the web on multiple sites

BrightRoll review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Reporting"

What do you like best?

The metrics Brightroll has available in the reporting

What do you dislike?

There isn't a way to compare performance across data segments

Trying to determine which data segments yielded the best performance, but brightroll didn't have a report that would let me do the comparison.

BrightRoll review by User

"Ok DSP"

What do you like best?

I like the mail retargeting data used from receipts. Reports are also quick to pull.

What do you dislike?

Aside from the mail retargeting just ok UI. Nothing special.

Driving programmatic ad spend for clients

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Programmatic DR video and display buying."

What do you like best?

Platform was very simple to use and the reps were great to work with.

What do you dislike?

Performance wasn't great in the DR space. Would be interesting to use in a more brand manner.

Trying to understand how to best use programmatic video buys. DR vs. Brand. Is it viewable?

BrightRoll review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Yahoo at its best"

What do you like best?

The good quality video advertising that it offers.

What do you dislike?

The ads sometimes can be annoying and unwanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the shot. Give it a try.

WE used it for advertisement apps. It is good and takes up lot of space in server.

BrightRoll review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Preroll advertising platform"

What do you like best?

simple to use, ease of information in reporting

What do you dislike?

targeting of certain segments is unavailable

direct response advertising. challenged with clickthrough as we optimize based on direct buy.

Learning about BrightRoll DSP?

* We monitor all BrightRoll DSP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.