Brown Paper Tickets

Event ticketing and registration tools for any gathering. Improving the live entertainment industry, one ticket at a time.

Work for Brown Paper Tickets?

Learning about Brown Paper Tickets?

Brown Paper Tickets Reviews

Ask Brown Paper Tickets a Question
Showing 28 Brown Paper Tickets reviews
Brown Paper Tickets review by Ram J.
Ram J.

"Easy to use platform for ticketing services"

What do you like best?

It is very very easy to use. All the events that you create gets validated and reviewed and then they get live.

So yes the process is this simple. All the features they are providing are pretty good.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike could be the cost is a bit higher according to my opinion, otherwise it is a good platform and I have not experienced any problems from here as of now but will keep this review updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to all those who use such services. Just don't think that their price is a bit high instead look at the support and features/functionalities they provide. At least give it a try.

Being a software company, our company host many events like seminars and competitions and all. So, yes I have used this site to host an event and it went well organized because of this platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Brown Paper Tickets
Brown Paper Tickets review by Administrator

"Brown Paper Tickets"

What do you like best?

As a producer, I find the system is very accessible and easy to use to set up ticketing and I am happy with the tech support.

What do you dislike?

The system is transaction based not patron based. So my organization can not track a patron's buying history over time nor it is collected and accessible toward developing a relationship with that person. So while BPT allows ticket sales, my organization will need other systems for relationship management, fundraising, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The fees charged to the ticket buyers are competitive. If you have several events over time it be better to try another system where you can embed the costs of using a system into the ticket prices themselves.

As an administrator who has set up box offices, I don't like that the system is not branded to the organization. The patron who starts on the organizations website might be confused when they go to buy tickets - it is clearly to a 3rd party system. If customers have questions or issues - Who do they talk to? I think a branded online sales system on my website is a much better idea.

What Event Registration & Ticketing solution do you use?

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Different Experience Selling Tickets"

What do you like best?

I like that you can choose different currencies regarding ticket sales. This shows me that this company can grow globally. They will reimburse you for ticket processing costs from your credit card processor. HOW COOL IS THAT!? Hands down the best feature compared to other companies that want to make money off of fees. This helps me keep my ticket prices low. Super low fees of only a dollar.

What do you dislike?

So far there hasn't been anything I dislike. I only wished that more people knew about them and they would use this company rather than Eventbrite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend you try to use Brown paper tickets it is basically free for charity events and fundraising and your customers only pay a $1 fee rather than those pesky 7-15 dollar fees that eventbrite charges.

Selling tickets at 0 to low cost to my business and my customers do not pay high ticket fees.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Socially/environmentally responsible and great customer service, even if it is a small company"

What do you like best?

I've used it off and on since 2008. For events and trade shows. Ease of use is quite high. I've always gotten a quick reply to email or phone calls for support. I've never used it for events larger than 200 people. Lots of good reporting options. They make it so easy to schedule multiple events and it's also easy to go in and block out certain days. They've also kept me on my game by making sure everything is correct.

What do you dislike?

Brown Paper Tickets is a little messy visually. I realize it's a back-end made for utility, but it can be a bit confusing the first time you try to enter information. They're a bit of a smaller company, and while customer service is great, making a ton of changes on the fly is not ideal. Best for more matured events, especially if you're printing the tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I go to the site, build my fundraising event, and it goes live after it is reviewed and approved by Brown Paper Tickets. They handle everything. And, they provide periodic email notification of the progress of your ticket donations. You should use Brown Paper Tickets.

The price is a little high, especially compared to other non-profit ticket sellers, but it's because they mail out within 48 hours customizable tickets to each purchaser. So far the only reasonably priced non-profit focused ticketing solution I've found who does that and it's an absolute must for our event.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User

"They handle all the ticketing and tracking for my fundraising events."

What do you like best?

This got 8 points only because they have some really great functions/features that take a little bit of dedication to get down. But their customer service is AMAZING. The program is easy to build your promotional material for your event. Once it is loaded, you can access multiple links for access to your event from different venues, such as website, Facebook, Twitter, electronic newsletter, etc. It's great!

What do you dislike?

The price is a little high, especially compared to other non-profit ticket sellers. I struggled a bit with the proper language to use as a nonprofit organization. For instance, we should avoid using "ticket sales" and present "suggested donation" instead. Brown Paper Tickets had a limited selection. After discussing this with them, they helped me work out the best solution, which was "admission donation"

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this service because of its intuitive interface and its amazing customer service.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User

"Holding an event? Here is the solution"

What do you like best?

Super easy service with no fees to sell tickets unlike a number of other services that charge a huge premium cutting into your profits. The fee that buyers pay is 1/10 of what they would have to pay on other sites that often have fees adding up to around half the cost of the ticket. The process is so simple and easy and they accept credit cards too!

What do you dislike?

The site is not very aesthetically pleasing and looks a little bit outdated with the bright orange.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong. Take a break from the huge corporate giants and try a company that has you as their focus.

It simplifies the whole process taking it from a complicated headache to a simple solution with a few clicks of a button. Their customer service is honestly incredible and just a phonecall away any time you need them. This level of support is unparalleled within the market. I trust them to handle my information securely and they always deliver.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Needs improvement "

What do you like best?

There’s not much to like about this app it’s pretty terrible the best thing you could see is the event you would like to go to but they can’t seem to populate that information. They have a good mission but you forget about it within 2 min

What do you dislike?

Just about everything they don’t even ask me what types of events I’m interested in attending and don’t have any sort of on boarding process to get to know me so they are unable to provide a unique experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re looking to quickly pick up some tix just get on Eventbrite it stubhub

I am not solving a business problem with brown paper tickets

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Good Website for Event Ticketing"

What do you like best?

This is one of the easiest and most straight forward websites that I have ever used. I have used this for countless events that I have attended and would highly recommend using this if planning a smaller event.

What do you dislike?

My primary dislike of this website is the fact that they charge a processing fee and I was looking forward to being able to not worry about that after the Ticketmaster lawsuit that ended in vouchers being given to customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using this for any event especially local concerts and festivals as it is super easy to use and I have enjoyed it thoroughly as a customer!

I am not solving my own business problems with Brown Paper Tickets but have found it very useful with local companies and festivals that have used it and I find it extremely easy to use every time.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Simple, cost-effective ticketing solution"

What do you like best?

What's not to like? They handle online sales for you. They handle printed tickets for you. They will send you super cheap printed tickets for you to sell yourself. Everything about the service and site is easy to use, and their customer service is top notch.

What do you dislike?

If I had a gripe, it would be at the surcharge. But the ticket buyer pays that, and I can adjust prices to make sure I'm hitting the price point I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself enough time to receive tickets in the mail. If you're doing something last minute, use a local print shop.

Ticketing is not super complicated, but cash handling can be. WIth too many hands in the pot, you're just asking for something to go wrong. This online ticketing solution creates an internal control that simplifies issues come audit time.

Brown Paper Tickets review by Beth Ann D.
Beth Ann D.

"Awesome service if you need physical tickets!"

What do you like best?

The customer service, hands down, is the best I've ever seen with any kind of event organization or ticket selling site. They are always friendly and more importantly are able to solve problems in minutes - not hours or even days. When you're actively selling tickets to impatient ticket buyers, this is critical.

Their physical ticket option is what keeps us coming back to them. We have plenty of people who love to use the mobile or even print at home options, but we have quite a few traditional event goers who want a legitimate ticket in hand.

They also have great customization options for their webpage, giving you the ability to do a lot more than many other ticketing organizations.

What do you dislike?

The fees are just a bit higher than a lot of similar services, but that's obviously because you're getting full physical tickets - with bar codes, and black light security etc...

I also wish they paid out as you raised money rather than at the end of your event.

Their website layout is a little old fashioned looking - I understand that part of that is because you have so much flexibility in what you can do on the ticketing page, but a nice facelift definitely wouldn't hurt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not rule them out just because their fees may seem slightly higher - the functionality is amazing and the ability to let ticket buyers select a physical ticket and have it mailed to them for free is truly amazing and makes you as an organization look extremely professional.

They solve our ticketing needs for two major events (1200 guests and 500 guests) each year. We are able to collect ticket buyer information, customize our pages, give different price options, include discount codes.

Ultimately we were able to take our entire ticketing process, which was in house, and for a pretty nominal fee, use Brown Paper Tickets to manage everything - included day of will call lists and continuous event tracking tools.

Brown Paper Tickets review by Sonya H.
Sonya H.

"Great platform, well-liked and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use by hosts and users alike. I see tons of events on BPT so there are plenty of events to choose from. I really appreciate that BPT says they are "fair-trade" right in their tag line.

What do you dislike?

It seems difficult (or impossible?) to collect data from users/attendees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the app! It always saves time and is free/easy.

It is always free to host events, which is great for non-profits and other orgs.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"accessible, simple, but not fully convinced"

What do you like best?

it is easy to use like any other ticket-selling application. tickets are always validated and the process is very clear and simple

What do you dislike?

i haven't personally experienced any problems, but i know several people who have stated that it's a hassle to receive refunds from BPT.

I posted an free event on the site and was able to account for everyone who showed up, keeping things organized and hassle-free

Brown Paper Tickets review by gabi g.
gabi g.

"The best for Physical Tickets!"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is hands down amazing!!

What do you dislike?

Always reliable to me ad my customers

Brown Paper Tickets review by User

"Easy to use with great service"

What do you like best?

The website makes it really easy to manage your events, check ticket sales, and if you ever have a question their 24/7 customer service is always there for you

What do you dislike?

The ticket fee is pretty expensive, though the ticket buyer will pay that and easy to change pricing

When we have events this is a useful tool for marketing and purchasing

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"A great system"

What do you like best?

Brown paper tickets made it easy for our small business to sell tickets to an event we were sponsoring online. It was our first time selling tickets online and it was very successful! We were able to print out a list of folks that purchased online.

What do you dislike?

The only problem we encountered was the small service fee associated with purchasing tickets online. Some of our customers wanted to purchase in person because of the service fee which meant we had to have 2 lists of people who had purchased tickets

Starting to sell tickets online!!

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Simple and Straightforward "

What do you like best?

I like that the initial screen is straight and to the point. It highlights events, not ads.

What do you dislike?

It looks outdated. The site doesn't give off a fun vibe. It should be more tailored to integrating with your calendar apps too.

Coordinating area events is fairly easily

Brown Paper Tickets review by Mohammed A.
Mohammed A.

"Welcome to easy life."

What do you like best?

Super-cool, official-looking, high-quality printed tickets (with gold foil!)

What do you dislike?

Bulk ordered pre-printed tickets showed up late. Besides that, it's not a public

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be in the same way.

The best way for Busy people to arrange their work.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the website is, that its free for our company to use, and that we can ask buyers flexible marketing questions when they order tickets.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to add buyer buttons to emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of the total cost to ticket buyers after Brown Paper Tickets implements their fees.

With Brown Paper Tickets, my company can presell tickets online without any cost to us. It helps us to track and plan for the size of our audience and the market of our audience.

Brown Paper Tickets review by Derrhea M.
Derrhea M.

" friendly user interface that makes connecting with consumers a breeze"

What do you like best?

That easy-to-use design and customer service online help.

What do you dislike?

Site that's not have the ability to translate more than three language options

Support our efforts to sell tickets across various platforms

Brown Paper Tickets review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

It was easy to get my event up and running and it was easy to get my event ticketed

What do you dislike?

the charges seemed to be upfront but hard to understand unless you are really paying attention

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy especially if you dont have a lot of computer skills

setting up ticketing for my event and having an easy system in place to know a head count

Brown Paper Tickets review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"I used Brown Paper Tickets for multiple events for my restaurant clients. "

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of this platform. It's extremely user-friendly and thorough with all the information you can provide.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that it's not that popular, so may appear not secure to some customers.

Business problems being solved are selling tickets for events and getting in front of customers who may not have seen your event elsewhere.

Brown Paper Tickets review by Consultant

"selling tickets easy "

What do you like best?

it was easy for me to ticket my event and sell my tickets at a very low cost

What do you dislike?

the fees were not terrible but not the best

Recommendations to others considering the product

its really easy for this product to help get your event visible and get going with sales

it made it really easy for me to set up and get going without too much set up

Brown Paper Tickets review by Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain
Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Its an easy to use software and friendly"

What do you like best?

Its Free to create an event and sell tickets!

Custumer service is available 24 hours

you can print and send tickets

What do you dislike?

well as far as of now, I dont dislike any part of it, i love to work with it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to use it, you wll love it

ticket management support for every event the company act as host.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Fair trade tickets for a fair price "

What do you like best?

Need to sell tickets but have a low budget? Brown paper tickets is a fair trade business that enables your business to host events and sell tickets for free!

What do you dislike?

A low cost is charged to each purchaser of a ticket to enable the business.

Event hosting and ticket sales!

Brown Paper Tickets review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Great for nonprofits + nonprofit events"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and run events. Seamless for both users and admins, and it's easy to add discount codes, etc. They also have fantastic customer service, which is great for nonprofits and people who aren't necessarily event professionals.

What do you dislike?

They take a somewhat heftier cut on credit card purchases, but you get what you pay for, which is a pretty rad experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for nonprofits and not overly sophisticated professionals or technically adept admins. (Like me.)

The nonprofit I'm on the board for has used BPT to do ticketing on multiple events.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great for events"

What do you like best?

It was a cost efficient, simple and organized way to host events

What do you dislike?

the ordering process was lengthy and and shipping was a hassle

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research

organization.

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Internet

"Good ticket application"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple interface, good features...

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a feature that I do not like at this time...

Allowing the selling of event tickets online

Brown Paper Tickets review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, anyone can create an event for free, and the service charge is reasonable

What do you dislike?

nothing comes to mind in using this service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good business to support and utilize

N/A

Learning about Brown Paper Tickets?

* We monitor all Brown Paper Tickets reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.