Bubbl.us

Bubbl.us is a simple application that helps brainstorming online.

Work for Bubbl.us?

Learning about Bubbl.us?

Bubbl.us Reviews

Ask Bubbl.us a Question
Showing 15 Bubbl.us reviews
Bubbl.us review by Jordana H.
Jordana H.

"A FRIENDLY AND ENJOYABLE ALTERNATIVE TO DRAWING MIND MAPS "

What do you like best?

For a long while, I've seen that I remember better when I draw mind maps. After a long journey searching for the best online mind mapping software, I came across Bubble and I loved it. I love bubble because it makes it possible for me to make an elaborate mind map in under five minutes. Technically, the only thing to do is by adding a central point in your mind map, and then just click on the "addition" icons to start seeing new branches and "writing clouds" (and to fill them with your information). I've been doing this to "jot down" some processes and commentaries I receive from clients, and it has made my job easier.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, I can think that I dislike the lack of options and shapes in which you can see the "writing clouds" (for me, these "writing clouds" are the spaces where you type up the information with which you fill out the map). I personally think that it would be superb to get to choose from a wide array of forms (semi-circles, triangles, cilinders, and so on), and it would be even better to allow the user to draw and save their own personalized shapes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my humble opinion, Bubble is the fastest an easiest software to make mind maps. If you try it, you'll see what I mean.

Bubble makes it possible for me to quickly type up, in the form of a mind map" anything regarding my job. For example, I can use these mind maps to type up some modifications my clients want, and I can even use these mind maps to help me improve my work process.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bubbl.us
Bubbl.us review by Maria R.
Maria R.

"This is the easiest mind mapping software I've encountered"

What do you like best?

This mind mapping software is a little wonder. Before, it used to take me centuries to finish a mind map: I had to draw the "containers", then type up the mind map information, and then fill it with color. Now I can do this in a fraction of the time with Bubble. Actually, after I log into my account, I just need to press the "plus" sign to start a new "container" then add the proper text inside it, and finally select a color to fill my container. After this, I just have to tell the software where I want the next container to be, and repeat the process. Because of this easiness of use, Bubble has become my favorite tool when I need to make mind maps.

What do you dislike?

Even though I hate to say this, I'll have to say it. The one thing I don't like about Bubble is that although is very easy to use and the outcomes are impressive, I can't see an option to change the color and size of the branches that appear when I connect containers I usually like to give a certain degree of "importance" to the mind map containers by making the branches thicker where things are most important, and I cannot customize this for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bubble is a great tool for making mind maps in a few minutes. If you're a heavy user of mind maps, you'll find this tool very useful.

I get a great benefit from Bubble, I can learn faster and more efficiently when I use it, and this translates into better services for my clients. Also, I can use Bubble to make charts that help me organize many types of my business (even procedures and clients' interests).

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Bubbl.us review by Peter Y.
Peter Y.

"The mind is a fun thing..."

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is clean and clear from the beginning of using it. And when you are working with two of three additional folks... this simple and intuitive approach to mind-mapping is greatly appreciated by the entire team... the learning curve is nearly instant... love this fact!

What do you dislike?

While they have a free account - which is fantastic and I wish more companies would do this, the monthly cost is sort of hard to justify unless you use it all of the time. We do not... and the free account is perfect. The issue is that it is a subscription service and if the excitement does not remain within the working group then the subscription is not renewed. A single payment with "updates" is the better business model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial... but think hard about the annual contract - it will break the bank but if you're not using it all of the time... its value might not be there. But if you do use this sort of "process"... these folks are great!

"Content creation" issues are always arising and this mind-mapping process actually smooths the process of content development out and allows several folks to view the "larger picture". The mind-mapping process has reduced a typical 360/VR content project by some three to five hours of planning... and time is money!

Bubbl.us review by Lizzy L.
Lizzy L.

"It is very user friendly and helps in formulating ideas quickly."

What do you like best?

I am able to work quickly with groups and change the colors of the bubbles. Sharing is easy and the layout is logical. I like that shortcuts appear as I work so it can go faster. I also enjoy that the interface is familiar and similar to Google Docs as I use that during my workflow when working with this product.I also appreciate the presentation mode, as it gives me an opportunity to be more professional.

What do you dislike?

As a designer I do not find the layout itself as appealing as it could be. I am not able to change shapes of the bubbles for even quicker viewing, only the color (some coworkers I've worked with are color blind).

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple way to share ideas and come up with solutions either independently or as a group.

It works well with students as a teacher and coming together with other designers. I am also able to share my brainstorming easily and collaborate with others online. A challenge I previously faced was collaborating on ideas in group projects or remotely. I find this is especially useful as well to young students, but may not be as useful to the Baby Boomers. That said, the interface is simple enough that it's fairly easy to understand. It may be even simpler if there was a short introductory when first using the site as is common for many sites I've used before.

Bubbl.us review by Amik A.
Amik A.

"Great Mindmapping Tool"

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is super easy to use and the option of having 3 free maps to start is more than enough to meet my needs.

What do you dislike?

The design of the graphs does not look sophisticated. This is a tool for thinking, not for designing. Why can't it be both?

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good tool to introduce yourself to mind mapping tools. There are others out there that are more sophisticated or allow more complex diagrams but that can be overkill. Bubbl.us is great for starters and once you get the hang of mind mapping with the tool, you can move on to more advanced solutions or even start creating your own from scratch. The fact that you can use it on mobile is another huge plus - so its possible to quickly jot down ideas and map them out on the go!

Quickly mapping out ideas and finding points of friction early on in the product design/ideation phase.

Bubbl.us review by Alejandro L.
Alejandro L.

"This is one of the best ways to plan a business in your brand before doing marketing!"

What do you like best?

I was searching the internet for the best way to do a sketch of a business that i had planned for a while to pose to my partners in a very easy and dynamic way, Bubble.us helped me a lot with that because it has a very useful tools that every web designer need to had, to create a web page concept, it is necessary the idea of those who accompany you, to exemplify that Bubbl.us has the option to create mind maps, you can have realtime collaboration with your partners and let them make a little changes to it, you can also check the history to see who has collaborated in the project, and that is great because everyone's opinion counts!

What do you dislike?

the only fact that i do not like, is that you can not change the colors of the bubbles you want, also in the selection mode i think they need to do a undo button, it will be awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform to do better ways of marketing considering the competition that we have these days, I would totally recommend Bubbl.us to all internet, it's amazing!

the benefit that i have obtained is a better way to present my colleagues with better business opportunities without affecting the website or the meeting table to present something unpresentable, it is a better way to present it by Bubbl.us, that is why i wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Bubbl.us review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Bubbl.us is a quick and easy way to create mind maps in your web browser"

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is a quick and easy way for me to make mind maps of ideas I'm trying to express. Making and customising the bubbles are easy and they give you a huge white space so that you can map a lot of content.

What do you dislike?

I find the visuals a little twitchy when I zoom in and out of the bubble map which isn't pleasant on my eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many mind mapping software products out there, however, Bubbl.us as a nice free tier and works in the web browser.

Bubbl.us is very useful when I have an idea on my mind but I can't quite put it into words. I just start creating and connecting bubbles and eventually I can see the patterns.

Bubbl.us review by brian yamanue b.
brian yamanue b.

"Bubbles for all yourIdea!!"

What do you like best?

It's a really fun way to bring to life all your ideas as a developer and that serves you as a blueprint to your application or database, you dont even need to use the mouse, or install anything, the handfull shortcuts and web applications makes it easier to work anywhere and anytime you want,

Your start with a doble click, and just tab to made another module or ctrl+enter and make a child of that module, that way you can keep up with your brainstorm! No idea will be left behind!

Also you have a LOT, A LOT of space thanks to the resize feature that can ajust the size of your bubbles so you can acomodate as many as you want, so you don't have to worry about runout of space, and you add files a images.

You can use the free version if you just need a few diagrams at a time, and upgrade if you need more.

What do you dislike?

I can be annoying when you need to move a group of bubbles, because you need to click the select button, then select the bubbles one by one, and that can make you lose some time.

Because all the actions are made with the left click, sometimes when you want to move around the bubbles you activate the bubble's menu, that can be annoying as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

my only recomendation so far is upgrade the select feature and make the bubbles menu less close to the bubble, sometimes i can't see what i was writen i waste time having to move the bubble or resize.

right now im developing a online store and bubbl.us allow me to visualize the Database structure that i have in my mind, see what works, where the relations must be and what tables i need to separate for better normalization. also it helps me when i take the database structure to the laravel Framework, because i can use the verbosity that is use in the framework, that way i can reduce the time i need in development and start thinking in features for my app

Bubbl.us review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Bubbl.us is a useful mind mapping app"

What do you like best?

I like that it a web based program that i can run on any operating system. it is very fast, lots of space to make the bubbles and I can easily move around the screen with CAD like mouse button presses.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be difficult to use at times and objects can overlay each other and make it difficult to click on them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you try it out as it is free. However make sure you pay attention to the keyboard shortcuts it requires.

Bubbl.us is very handy for creating mind maps of ideas that I am exploring or items that I need to memorise.

Bubbl.us review by User

"Bubbl.us is a quick and simple way to make mind maps"

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is a great web application that allows you to create a simple mind map quickly and easily. It automatically spaces each of the bubbles (while also allowing for easy manipulation of the layout) and assigns different colours to each tier.

What do you dislike?

Bubbl.us is a simple web application that does what it is supposed to do. The only problem I can find with it is that there is no offline version - so you require an internet connection to use it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bubbl.us is a good and quick way to build a simple mind map.

Bubbl.us is really useful when it comes to brainstorming quick ideas for projects that we are work on. This is useful in a business like ours because it allows you to lay features of a board out graphically and pick up potential problems at an early stage.

Bubbl.us review by Amanda G.
Amanda G.

"I use Bubbl.us in my computer lab classroom."

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy for elementary students to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Bubbl.us at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bubbl.us is a great tool to use with elementary students.

My students are able to create graphic organizers. The students are able to organize information after reading about a topic.

Bubbl.us review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Bubbl.us is free and easy to use."

What do you like best?

As mentioned in the title, it's free and easy to use. I've created mutliple mindmaps with this product and it's easy enough for anyone to adopt.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer to be able to use this product as a way to take notes and maybe have a side-navigation bar to allow me to go back and view previous maps easily. A chrome app would be great or a computer app.

Organizing thoughts is what I personally use it for the most but it's also helpful in brainstorming sessions with my team. One of our team members purchased the Mindware app but I'd rather use free.

Bubbl.us review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"quick and easy to make good looking mindmaps"

What do you like best?

Bubbl.us is intuitive to use and has allowed me to create attractive mindmaps which are suitable for use in reports and presentations.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit time consuming to build up the diagram and to get it looking exactly right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other mindmap applications are available, some are simpler to use, but Bubbl us does allow creation of visually attractive diagrams

Bubbl.us allows ideas to be represented visually which is ideal when describing complex ideas to others. I have used it to create impressive looking presentations.

Bubbl.us review by Consultant in Media Production
Consultant in Media Production

"Interesting Experiment"

What do you like best?

I liked being able to pull from templates and make live changes

What do you dislike?

Styling was limited and UI was confusing to use

I haven't really used this beyond experimentation for quick web interfaces.

Bubbl.us review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Bubblus review"

What do you like best?

Allows to present big ideas and how they relate to each other

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit complicated when sharing

Hierarchy felations

Learning about Bubbl.us?

* We monitor all Bubbl.us reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.