Buddy Punch

Employees punch in/out from any computer, tablet, or smartphone. You manage their time online.

Work for Buddy Punch?

Learning about Buddy Punch?

Buddy Punch Reviews

Ask Buddy Punch a Question
Showing 19 Buddy Punch reviews
Buddy Punch review by <span>Tammy G.</span>
Tammy G.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to implement and it also has a mobile app for easier clocking in/out.

What do you dislike?

Nothing against the product itself, but some employees tend to forget to punch in/out a lot and I receive too many email notifications.

We needed an easy time clock system that didn't require someone to punch in at a stationary center (such as a fingerprint reader). As our main goal was to make sure our non-exempt office personnel tracked their time, Buddy Punch offered easy-to-use solution to our problems.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Buddy Punch
Buddy Punch review by <span>Donna B.</span>
Donna B.

"Buddy Punch is great."

What do you like best?

Buddy punch has many great qualities - reports are easy, you can see the URL where employees are clocking in, easy to manage employees who forget to clock in or out, easy for our multiple locations. As the payroll administrator who is located in a completely different state, I can access the time clock, payroll and reports information that I need from online access anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is very simplistic which is good in some ways, but I wish some of the reports didn't have to be pulled by individual.

Checking the URL from where the employees are clocking in is great. It only took one or two employees trying to cheat the system when they were running late and now the entire staff knows!

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Buddy Punch review by <span>Beverly B.</span>
Beverly B.

"Buddy Punch is an outstanding app!"

What do you like best?

Buddy Punch is very easy to use and payroll is a snap. It's very functional -- approving and downloading timesheets couldn't be easier.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like about Buddy Punch. I have been able to navigate the site without questions, saving me time and money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check it out - it's a time saver & easy to use.

Very easy for our employees to use.

I can quickly and easily monitor everyone's time at a glance. Makes it easy to watch OT hours and stay within budget.

Buddy Punch review by <span>Carly S.</span>
Carly S.

"Buddy Punch has been an excellent time clock service for our business!"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use for both employees and management. It makes our payroll process much simpler.

What do you dislike?

The method for approving changes to employee time cards can become tedious by the end of the month because you have to continuously scroll to the bottom of the time card to approve changes at the end of the pay period, but it's a very small issue! It does not affect the functioning of the software at all.

Payroll is simpler and our employees are more accountable for the hours they report.

Buddy Punch review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Buddy punch has be extremely helpful to organizing my employee payroll. "

What do you like best?

That the employees can make all changes from their own personal devices. Editing or deleting their own times.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it can not sync with Quickbooks online with more than 1 pay rate. I do understand this has been something buddy punch has tried to address with QBO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Potentially list more information about buddy punch's ability to sync with other software such as quickbooks. Finding the correct steps on how to make the sync work was difficult and I had to connect support to get answers for why things wouldn't sync. Then found out that the syncing was limited. Buddy punch has the option of more than 1 pay rate but if you need it to sync with quickbooks it is pointless.

I have stopped wasting time developing my own in house time sheets via excel and reloading them each week. I have saved a lot of time and stress.

Buddy Punch review by <span>Sarah S.</span>
Sarah S.

"Great service and software"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the software is wonderful. Customer service is quick and helpful. Very receptive to suggestions for improvements.

What do you dislike?

on QR login not being able to choose location is a pain. Wish some of the features were more customizable (i.e. PTO titled options)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer Service is fantastic. Always emails back within a couple of hours with solution, sometimes within minutes.

Streamlining payroll. Will be a cost savings from paper time sheets and hours to process paper time sheets.

Buddy Punch review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Great service."

What do you like best?

The quick response from the Help Desk team with any problems or questions that may arise.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been anything to dislike. When we started using BuddyPunch it didn't have the specific pay period that we were currently using as an option. A quick email to the Help Desk and the problem was fixed in less than an hour.

It has made processing payroll easier. BuddyPunch separates the regular hours and overtime hours for you, which makes processing payroll a breeze.

Buddy Punch review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good Timekeeping Software"

What do you like best?

I like that Buddy Punch is precise and has an easy to use interface. Simply click to punch in and click to punch out. No fancy frills or multiple steps, and it calculates all of the time for you!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it will time-out fairly quickly, and sign you out. Not sure if this can be changed at the Admin level, but it can sometimes be a bother.

Our old timekeeping software was sunset, and we needed a new and easy solution. Buddy Punch was that easy solution.

Buddy Punch review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Super Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, staff likes it, very efficient. Love the fact I get a quick report and can process payroll even faster.

What do you dislike?

The Settings tab is a little clunky to me, Everything I need is there, but it takes a while to surf through all of the different sections to find what I am looking for. It could be more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the Free trial, I mean why not!

We used Excel Spreadsheets before, they were inefficient, often wrong, and easy to mess-up the formatting. With Buddy Punch I have fixed all that. Now I am just retraining the staff to actually punch in and out.

Buddy Punch review by <span>Kevin G.</span>
Kevin G.

"Excellent soultion to time clock problems"

What do you like best?

Simplicity! Plain and Simple! I can access anything I need in seconds!

What do you dislike?

Hard to scroll through job locations with no search bar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to try. It is super easy and works great.

Solved our problems of employees clocking in and out not at jobsites. Has already saved us money in payroll expenses.

Buddy Punch review by <span>Kim C.</span>
Kim C.

"BuddyPunch is great"

What do you like best?

The app is very easy to use. Employees have the option to use their mobile device with login credentials or QR code and have the option to login using their computers.

What do you dislike?

At this time there isn't anything I dislike about the app.

We use the app to track employee hours spent training other employees.

Buddy Punch review by <span>Dr. Kari B.</span>
Dr. Kari B.

"Easy to Use- Saves me Money"

What do you like best?

It is easy for my employee to use and the interface for the administrator is great!

What do you dislike?

there is nothing i dislike and this is a bad required box

Saving money my calculating the exact hours worked by my employees. instead of them always rounding up- using Buddy Punch is precise.

Buddy Punch review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Exceptional!"

What do you like best?

We looked for a very long time for a time clock software. Buddy punch was hands down the best.

-great support

-easy/intuitive interface.

-affordable

We have 6 locations now, but have plans to expand to 40-60 locations. We needed a system that would grow with us and BuddyPunch is it.

Jim Fender

The Joint Chiropractic

What do you dislike?

nothing, there was nothing, i've been asked for 40 characters and the answer is the same nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

get on board

needed multiple location time clock in software

Buddy Punch review by User in Financial Services

"Clock in and clock out with precision"

What do you like best?

The ability to clock in and clock out on the road and as you go. Very easy to use as an end user and as a manager of employees that punch in and out.

What do you dislike?

If you forgot and punched out at the wrong time, then it requires manager approval to change it and that could delay things.

Being able to track temp workers' hours.

Buddy Punch review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Simple & effective"

What do you like best?

Does exactly what we need with a simple user interface.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I can see all my time cards as far back as I like.

Keeping track of my hours

Buddy Punch review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"I love that Buddy Punch is simple for my employees and has all the features i need as an owner"

What do you like best?

Completely simplified payroll for my hourly employees. I went from chasing down manual time sheets to printing a 1 page re-cap for the pay period. I also love the gps function to verify their location when punching in and out.

What do you dislike?

The GPS seems to be much more accurate for some cell carriers than others.

It has helped me track hours and location of an off site employee and streamlined the whole payroll process.

Buddy Punch review by Consultant in Entertainment
Consultant in Entertainment

"Easy to Use, great support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, always available, great design and user interface. Handles vacation and automates everything.

What do you dislike?

They have a QRC option, which lets you punch in using a scanned QR code. I don't use that but instead just have my employees punch in and out on a desktop computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more cost effective than the competition - others are pay per user, here they don't charge per user.

Makes tracking time easier and more accurate. Saves a lot of time and errors.

Buddy Punch review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Buddy Punch Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to check in on timesheets, easy to export and send to my bookkeeper. I really like being able to see what device employees log in with so I know they are not checking in on the road or at home.

What do you dislike?

A little tricky to navigate at first, but came fairly quickly once I got going with it.

Easy time sheet transfer to do payroll.

Buddy Punch review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"Buddy Punch is AWESOME!"

What do you like best?

Its so user friendly, my whole team has never had any issues with it! The website is really quick and great!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike! it is very user friendly and everyone in my team loves it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend others to buddy punch and already have!!

no problems thus far, buddy punch is outstanding!

Learning about Buddy Punch?

* We monitor all Buddy Punch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.