Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Buddybuild

(5 reviews)

Buddybuild ties together continuous integration, continuous delivery and an iterative feedback solution into a single, seamless platform.

Work for Buddybuild?

Learning about Buddybuild?

Buddybuild Reviews

Showing 5 Buddybuild reviews
Buddybuild review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"BuddyBuild allows for developers to focus on what matters most"

What do you like best?

I like how BuddyBuild takes away the most common pain points of mobile development. From deployment to testing to production, it's made super easy. I like how it's literally 5 minutes to get an app on there, and then it's off my plate and doesn't require me thinking about it any further. I like how it closes the loop for my team from development to production.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit steeper than what I might consider a "bargain". Furthermore, their system seems to flake out more often than I'd ideally like. But in the end, these are nothing compared to the pros. I dislike how their integrations are pretty inflexible and their API is missing many critical features. They also have great support, but have been fairly unwilling to commit to expanding into any of those features I've brought up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are cheaper options out there - you can find something else to do the same job, and sometimes better. But this will get you to waste the least amount of time possible - believe me.

We've realized that it's not worth our time and money to have our developers waiting around for builds, sending builds to clients, etc. It also makes it much easier for our developers and account managers to receive actionable feedback from clients. With the screenshots and video recordings, as well as crash reporting - it really closes the feedback loop which is sorely needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Buddybuild
Buddybuild review by Prameet R.
Prameet R.

"It is good but has very limited scope in terms of UI automation"

What do you like best?

Setting up things in buddy build is easy as they have good documentation which takes you through steps by step in setting up stuffs.

What do you dislike?

1. It is slow many times

2. If using UI automation other than XC test then it's a big pain.

3. No android support

1. Building iOS builds

2. Performing unit tests on different devices

3. Performing UI automation on different devices

4. Integrated with all other tools

Benefits:

1. All things are done in their platform so it is easy to manage and easily accessible to the team

2. UI automation is also done on their platform with same cost for 1 build at a time package (different price for simultaneous builds etc)

What Build Automation solution do you use?

Buddybuild review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"The build proccess is buggy"

What do you like best?

It's a helpful tool to build our mobile app and complete the development workflow.

What do you dislike?

The build process take very long, and it's a very hard tool to coordinate with the team. I also find the user interface hard to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's has a free subscription version where you can use it for your start-up, if you're bootscraping and keep your expenses low.

We are trying to streamline the development process, from building to qa, then to release to production. This tool has help us to fill the gap between engineering and QA, however, there's still gap to fill up from QA to release to our customers.

Buddybuild review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Best iOS Continuous Integration Platform"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup a new project, has very good defaults and usually it "just works".

UI is also very good and it's pretty easy to find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally when things go wrong with your build it is hard to find the root cause without having to reach out to their support.

Makes it easier to continuously test iOS builds on every GitHub push

Easy to distribute beta builds to testers, and also automatically submit master branch commits to the appstore

Tracks crash reports from beta testers

Buddybuild review by User in Computer Software

"Free for individual developers"

What do you like best?

Specifically for mobile only. Builds are fast. Testing labs are great. Easy to distribute and deploy apks. It's free for individual and open source projects.

What do you dislike?

Testing can be improved. Speed is a barrier. Cannot run specific set of tests.

We use it for building and deploying our android app as well as run unit and ui tests.

Learning about Buddybuild?

* We monitor all Buddybuild reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.