Buffer

Buffer makes it super easy to share any page you're reading. Keep your Buffer topped up and we automagically share posts for you through the day.

Work for Buffer?

Learning about Buffer?

Buffer Reviews

Showing 591 Buffer reviews
Buffer review by Kalie S.
Kalie S.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Buffer
Buffer review by Harlan R.
Harlan R.

"Excellent for Businesses & Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to send post to multiple platforms with the touch of one button! It's an app packed full of practical features such as queuing, putting post up for review if you're collaborating with a team, but one of the most awesome features that makes this all worth it is the analytics function. This allows you to view the overall response and performance of your posts form the various platforms chosen.

What do you dislike?

It's limiting with the amount of social media platforms (choices) that you can manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just use the basic platforms such as facebook, instagram, linkedin, twitter, Google+ & pinterest then it's a fantastic tool!

The ability to dramatically save time and pressure with making sure each post is properly crafted. Allowing you to just type a post once and have it delivered to all the supported social media platforms of your choice and the added option to have analytics is a dream come true!

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Buffer review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Buffer is Easy To Use and Makes Me More Productive"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Buffer is that I can initiate a social media post from the webpage of the content I'm currently reading. This distinguishes Buffer from other platforms like Hootsuite. My second favorite thing is the ability to schedule social media postings across platforms. And since I manage multiple accounts, I like the ease of scheduling everything from one dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Buffer was AWESOME until Facebook created the rule about original images only and Twitter disallowed scheduling the same tweet across multiple accounts. I wasn't a spammer -- I just managed multiple accounts with a similar focus. And the Facebook image thing is proving a nightmare since some unsophisticated sites don't have the right image showing up automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to install the app on your iphone as well! You can create and schedule content easily from your phone too.

Keeping up with content posting on social media is time consuming. Buffer lets you easily create and schedule content while you are reading relevant information about your industry.

Buffer review by Maisie W.
Maisie W.

"Good for Multiple Platforms"

What do you like best?

Buffer was one of the only social schedulers that offered all of the platforms we use. The main snag with most of the others was they didn't include Pinterest. I much prefer to have everything in one place! It's also really affordable for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had a different format for each platform, or at least some of them. I ended up switching my Pinterest account to Tailwind, because it's MUCH easier to use and has a way better interface for that. I've had some troubles with Buffer being slow or glitchy lately, so that's been frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for maintaining multiple platforms in one place, and easy to use and affordable for small businesses. I may suggest a different platform depending on what social accounts you use. I like that it's simple and uncomplicated, but larger businesses may want more features that what Buffer offers.

It helps me keep on my social on track, plan ahead, and not have to worry about it or scramble last minute. It definitely frees up time to focus on other tasks.

Buffer review by Al M.
Al M.

"Good for a not complex solution"

What do you like best?

It's a good tool for a easy use of it, it has an easy and very intuitive interface, really like it for post in all social media accounts same content or make visible content for some target. You can customize messages for each social media account, so you will not be limited for that twitter's limit of characters on Facebook.

What do you dislike?

It hasn't a lot of functions, so it's just for a easy use of it, their stats are not very good, are simple and poor of bias for understand better your public. Have some bugs on Twitters' profile pic and connecting with Instagram, so must be a bit annoying don't use all functions correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something fast, cheap and with not so much difficult, take this one, however if you want some tool complete and with a lot of features, this isn't maybe your best choice.

Our needs of a organizated posting on social media, it solved our problem about that. So if you want just a easy and basic tool for organice your social media posting, this will be a great solution, you will not have a lot of functions on it but for start in this world, it will be a good choice, also have a free plan so you don't must to pay for use their basic service, allowing you to test it before waste money on it.

Buffer review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Best streamlined, easy, social media scheduler"

What do you like best?

Buffer is so easy to use - I can schedule posts from desktop and mobile quickly. Plus, you can schedule retweets! You can bulk upload posts using another tool, like Bulk Buffer (not associated with Buffer). I use it for scheduling LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter posts.

What do you dislike?

Buffer isn't the best for Pinterest or Instagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Buffer to schedule LinkedIn, Google+, and twitter updates. I do not recommend it for Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram. Use a tool like IFTTT or Zapier to collect your posts in a spreadsheet. Edit/update those and then you can bulk upload those posts into Buffer, using an external tool like Bulk Buffer, to schedule literally 100s of posts in one sitting. Buffer is a phenomenal value and easy for any to use!

I can schedule a bunch of tweets and updates at once and then use the shuffle feature to rearrange them in different orders on each account. In minutes I can schedule a weeks' worth of social media updates. Buffer allows you to quickly and easily connect accounts, change your posting schedule, and add content from anywhere.

Buffer review by Lola D.
Lola D.

"A helpfull tool for everyone"

What do you like best?

It's simple and they are wonderfull, you can access to help in your dashboard, just must to go at your down/right corner and press an icon like a chat message. You will access into their help system, very complete and helpfull if you are a bit lost in their system.

What do you dislike?

They don't allow you to customize anything in their web, you cant choose where you want the features, even if you pay, this is a bad new for all people because their competitors have this feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want just schedule posting in social media, take this one, is the best, if you need something more complete, don't take this one.

We need a easy schedule posting and buffer have the best choice for it, you can schedule a lot at the same time, program at an exact time, day, etc.

Buffer review by Jorge E.
Jorge E.

"Great for schedule posts in social media"

What do you like best?

Is a very simple tool, with a good number of options, i really like scheduled posts, is easy to do it. A nice and armonized interface make you easier manage different social media accounts.

What do you dislike?

I use it on Twitter and you can't manage multiple twitter accounts on free plan (it is very complete for an easy manage of social media)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple tool for posting in different social networks, this is your product. Dont search more, you will have all you wanted. The best is the very easy to schedule posting, but maybe you will have some problems to configure your facebook and instagram account since facebook bought instagram.

It solve to us the usual problem of must to learn to use social media management tools before of use it, this tool is very usefull and simple for newbies.

Buffer review by Dakota B.
Dakota B.

"Effective Social Media Planning Platform for Multiple Accounts"

What do you like best?

For my job in social media, I manage multiple accounts for a management agency. With Buffer, I'm able to quickly and effectively draft posts, with pictures and captions, for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter all in one place and prepare them for the week ahead.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, I've had much trouble in the past with Buffer scheduling - it fails often to post photos that I schedule, which is extremely disappointing in times of busy-ness when posts need to go up regardless of my availability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that your photos uploaded for posts scheduled are either 4x5 or square for Instagram, posts will not automatically publish if this is not correct.

With Buffer, I'm solving common issues with management for multiple social media platforms, helping myself and others effectively plan and execute worthwhile tactics for tens of businesses.

Buffer review by Marianna P.
Marianna P.

"Buffer to manage your social profiles at the best"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage my business social profiles at once. Also it's great because Buffer scan your audience to check and find the right time to post. You can of course program the posts so you do not have to follow every profile every minute.

What do you dislike?

The instagram function is just a reminder for you to post, not an actual posting feat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a basic free version that you can use. I reccomend you to try it and see how great Buffer is.

Buffer is what I ever needed to manage my social media profiles. As a jewels sellers we always like to post pics and videos about our products, behind the scene on how we create jewels, and posts about promotions. Buffer helps me to program and post everything at the right time. I use it to manage the Facebook page and Instagram page of our business.

Buffer review by Ankur S.
Ankur S.

"Quite An Effective Social Media Sharing Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is phenomenal, especially how one can draft a single post for all three major Social Media sharing platforms -- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. Also, it makes it very easy to track the engagement on your content in the form on reports and analytics. The team takes feedback very encouragingly. I'm happy that they've also added Instagram as a Social Media channel as well. Overall, it's doing what it says.

What do you dislike?

The tool isn't really seamless, gives errors out of the blue. The support isn't the best either. A lot of things could be improved regarding the robustness of the product. The tool is also very pricey for no reason, I'll be making a switch as soon as I get a better deal in the same price. Pay around $10/month just for the basic plan. Perhaps if they can price the same one around $5 a month it would really make sense to use this tool. Apart from these minor drawbacks, it's good enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make sure you'll be able to get the value out of the money you pay.

Social sharing across the three major platforms from one place, one point. This is the only major benefit I've realized till now. I believe the team has a lot of scope to improve this product and add more features in alignment with the problems Social Media marketers face currently. They have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram right now, would be great if they also added channels such as Google+, Pinterest, Quora etc.

Buffer review by Rosie G.
Rosie G.

"The Multi Platform social media manager "

What do you like best?

What I like best about this platform is how many of my business social channels I can cover on one managing platform - including acebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had better reporting and analytics per platform, especially to see trends overtime on each platform. Also some platforms are easier than others - we never were properly able to link Instagram to it. We could not get our LinkedIn synced as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a social media manager just for posting then this is a great tool. But if you want more details and analytics on posts you'll probably have more luck posting onto the platforms themselves.

We're using it for time management and being able to post across a number of platforms.

The benefits have mostly been time.

Buffer review by Beverley T.
Beverley T.

"The only scheduling tool you need"

What do you like best?

Buffer's concept is simple and straightforward, there's no extra features that bog it down which is what I like best. If you want an easy way to schedule your social media posts, Buffer is that tool. I like the calendar view where you can see empty timeslots and the ability to schedule the same link across different networks but customize the caption.

What do you dislike?

I wish the analytics were better or that their new analytics offering was included in paid plans. Sometimes the posting page errors and I have to reload it losing what I was doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool isn't confusing, it doesn't have all the features if you're looking for an all in one management system, but if keeping your posts consistent is an issue, try Buffer.

Retweeting with a scheduling, being able to see what posts are going to look like before you share them. The ability to pull images from a URL... It makes social media more consistent for me.

Buffer review by Sara N.
Sara N.

"Solid for beginners, but not comprehensive"

What do you like best?

Buffer is easy to use, and best of all they provide killer content on their blog offering everything you need to totally crush your social media and content marketing. The free version isn't anything fancy, but it's easy to use and covers what you need. Additional plans aren't super expensive, but they also aren't as comprehensive as other tools.

Analytics for paid plans show best and worst performing posts based on engagement (for retweets, favorites, replies, likes, comments, clicks, reach, and post type).You can also export for easier analysis, for reporting, for additional review, etc.

What do you dislike?

Buffer is extremely straightforward, but provides less bang for your buck compared to bigger tools like Hootsuite.

It also contains an automatic link shortener which "Buffer-brands" all your links, which is a bit annoying.

Analytics on the free version are limited and the lack of monitoring tools likely means you'll need to add a second tool to your repertoire. The free version also makes it difficult to recycle posts, which can be frustrating.

Really the bottom line is that Buffer — even a paid version — isn't comprehensive enough for a super serious marketer or large team. It would likely need to be combined with other tools, which can be cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free version is great for simple/limited scheduling across platforms.

The free version is pretty solid if your social budget is zilch. You just can't schedule more than 10 posts per platform.

Buffer review by Scott D.
Scott D.

"Feature rich social media platform, if you pay"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Buffer is their buffer links which make articles shorter, while still including the featured image for the article. It is also a nice way to post all of your social media posts in one platform. I also love the calendar feature which allows me to easily see when my social media posts are scheduled. Buffer makes my life a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

One of my biggest gripes about Buffer is the limitations in the free tier. With some comparable platforms, you can connect them to a reader/RSS to funnel articles into your social media platforms, but it is a paid feature with Buffer, which I find annoying. There are some workarounds, such as using Zapier with a reader such as Inoreader.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out other competitors like Smarterqueue and Hootsuite. Personally, Smarterqueue is my favorite of the bunch (it's newer but has some interesting features).

Buffer is allowing me to stay relevant on my social media platforms for my business without spending a lot of time making individual posts. I stay time and keep my social impact.

Buffer review by Ilaria B.
Ilaria B.

"Best way to manage your social medias"

What do you like best?

I really like Buffer, I can manage my Facebook business page, my Twitter and schedule my Instagram. I use the social medias to improve and boost my business. I like the fact that I can schedule posts and understand what is the best time to post for my audience (thanks to the Buffer analisys of the active audience). I also love the insights offered by Buffer about the performances of the posts.

What do you dislike?

The iPhone app it's a little bit confusing. I prefer to use the browser version of Buffer. You can easily set up posts and manage your profiles. It can be difficult from the app.

Also would be great if there were the opportunity to comment and reply to comments directly from Buffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not waste your time in using a single social profile at time. Try to work properly using Buffer, it can help you improving your social media presence and saving your time.

Istead of using all the different social medias separately, I can use just Buffer to manage all of them. And when you run a business related to events, as mine is, it's essential to have everything in one place, to perfectly create your social media schedule. And also Buffer helps me to save time, dedicating myself to work.

Buffer review by Heather C.
Heather C.

"Big Fan"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of the Buffer platform. Their freemium model is great for multiple reasons. The Free plan is great for personal use if you want to build your personal reputation and following on social. But the Freemium model is also great for business because I've been able to sign up for a free account, use it for a couple of weeks, and show my bosses the great reports Buffer provides, and then use that as a case for upgrading to a larger plan. And their plan options are very flexible for small business to large enterprises with multiple management user levels. I love how the platform is user-friendly, easy to setup and schedule posts, and also offers really great reports. The ability to show nice reports is a great selling feature when pitching it to stakeholders in your company. I also like how you can re-buffer posts that perform well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a free version first to test out and see if it makes sense for your business. I would also use the free version to run posting for a while and gather some reports you can share with stakeholders if you need to convince others that the tool should be added to your budget.

I've used Buffer at multiple companies now from small agency settings to international organizations. It makes social media management easy almost to the point of setting and forgetting. Our marketing team can all contribute content, I'll pick and schedule the best, and let it run for a month while we shift gears and focus on other work. It's helped my companies build audiences passively.

Buffer review by Jose Tomas T.
Jose Tomas T.

"My experience with BUFFER"

What do you like best?

In my personal opinion I think that Buffer is a very good tool for beginners in the world of social media, your graphic interface is very simple and easy to use so that anyone can use it, for those who venture into social networks and time shorten us with so many information and schedules to publish, this tool could be of great help because with it we can program any content whether text, links, photos and videos to post them by social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, G + and Instagram

also has recommendations of the best publication schedules to achieve better performance with our publications.

If you are starting in this wonderful world of social networks, I recommend this tool very useful.

What do you dislike?

Lo que me desanina en esta herramienta es que se quedó en su funcion básica y no busco integrar nuevas funciones para seguir siendo atractivo y utíl a los usuarios, eso sin mencionar pque su precio lo veo un poco elevado en sus versiones premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually this tool had its golden years, but today there are other more advanced functions ...

Cuando usé esta herramienta pude ahorar muchisimo tiempo en mis publicaciones diarias ya que su funcion de mejores horarios es excelente. me ayudó muchísimo pero lastima que no evolucionaron en nuevas funciones para adaptarse a las actualizaciones de las redes sociales hoy en día.

Buffer review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Great for Personal and Business Use"

What do you like best?

Buffer has a great freemium model that makes it perfect for small companies to large companies. I started using Buffer at my last company to schedule posts on all of our social media accounts. It was really easy to use and I really like how the scheduling feature was setup. They make it less cluttered and easier to read than some of the other platforms. After leaving, I ended up using for my personal social media accounts. I use it to schedule post around marketing. Through Buffer I have been able to help develop my personal brand and really create a strong social media presence. I love Buffer!

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about Buffer. I tried the other platforms and there were things they couldn't do that Buffer could so I kept coming back to it. It might not have the name recognition like HootSuite, but I would use Buffer over HootSuite every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend considering Buffer, especially if you are looking at other platforms. Buffer can provide a lot of the same features and probably for a better price if you choose to use a plan. They have a great free version and I would check that out to test drive how it works. Once you get the hang of it, it is super easy.

Buffer helped my last company solve a problem of not having enough time everyday for social media. Being able to schedule posts meant I could get more done. Personally, I have benefited from being able to grow my brand and help advance my career. It is also a great testament to my experience to be able to continue to use it personally.

Buffer review by James S.
James S.

"Easiest , Time Saving Content Scheduling Software for SMM "

What do you like best?

We have tried so many softwares for content curation , sharing for our social medcia marketing . Biffer is the most accurate cotnent shceduler I have ever gone through. It is very efficient and cost-effective platform when handling multiple social media accounts across the company.

What do you dislike?

Even nothing is here to dislike , there are few areas of improvement for buffer. It fails to provide the optimal times to post. I dislike the fact that Buffer does not always follow the schedule that you set and sometimes misplaces links or changes them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer is simple and easy to use when starting out with social media scheduling. If you'd like a great tool to cross post content from Facebook to Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter, the Buffer browser plugin is excellent.

Buffer is helping me to manage and engage my social medias, it is so life / time saving app. It's very easy for anyone with access to go in and view the schedule and make changes/additions where needed.

Buffer review by Alistair C.
Alistair C.

"Perfect and simple tool for Social Media content mangement"

What do you like best?

Buffer is a very efficient and cost-effective platform when handling multiple social media accounts across the company. I use Buffer on a daily basis to schedule posts for the week on all our accounts. It comes quite handy when one has little time to spend on such tasks. Buffer also provides content from news sources, allowing you to quickly and simply retweet an article.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say I dislike much about Buffer however, the UI could be improved as it tends to look a bit outdated. Whilst there are many great features on the platform, it can be a bit tiresome navigating through the different pages. There could also be an improvement on people mentions and a twitterdeck direct access to help to mention brands and people. Nevertheless, I am completely satisfied by Buffer and would highly recommend it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick, efficient and cost-effective solution, then Buffer is perfect for you. You can try the free trial (which is limited to 10 scheduled posts) then subscribe to their premium offering for unlimited use and access to content written by news sources. Very handy for young companies or marketing teams who use multiple social media accounts.

The main problems it has solved it saving time and energy. I schedule my weekly posts and leave the machine to do the rest. It also provides analytics (premium version) and suggests the most interesting post.

Buffer review by Alexia p.
Alexia p.

"Easy but you have to work it "

What do you like best?

I like that I can post to all of our social media sites per city. For example lets say you want to post but you have a chain or stores or service locations. Meaning same company but 5 different cities and 5 different platforms per city. This is for you.

What do you dislike?

They change up their agreement quite a bit and don't notify you of things so it is up to you to have to log in often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you understand this is not a set it and forget it until next month. You absolutely need to log in once a week to see if anything didn't go through. The reason for that is if a post failed and it was holiday or time specific, it will post the next time it can. Merry Christmas in January is no good, so you have to have someone do a weekly overview.

This is time management while being able to effectively reach an audience on instagram, g+, facebook, twitter and whatever else you might need. It looks clean and professional because you also can schedule it and it looks like there is someone posting daily.

Buffer review by Dan K.
Dan K.

"Best social media scheduling tool out there"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to use and has a clean and intuitive dashboard. I really like that Buffer offers everything I need for managing my social media accounts in one place, all at a fair price.

What do you dislike?

Based on my experience, Buffer fails to provide the optimal times to post. However, I can't say I dislike it - it's just something you have to deal with. No tool is smart enough to do the proper analysis of your feed, so you just have to experiment and find what time works best for each network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For an in-house marketer, it's the easiest and the most cost-effective scheduling quick analytics tool I've found so far.

I manage 4-7 social media accounts on a daily basis, and Buffer saves me a lot of time needed for logging in and posting on each network. Built-in analytics help determine which content works best without having to manually go through each account.

Buffer review by Paul J.
Paul J.

"Fantastic for Scheduling your Social Media Future Activity!"

What do you like best?

Of all of the features, the Buffer calender stands out for me, to be able to visually see what tweets and Facebook updates are going out each day of the week is a great tool.

Also, there support is spot on.

On the very occasion I have had to ask a question, their support has been very attentive. Not problem in recommending them! I hope others take a leaf out of Buffers !

What do you dislike?

The only bugbear (and its a small one) - any links we put on say Buffer to go via Twitter get converted to show them as Buffer links, I guess this is there for reporting but sometimes I would like to see just good old plain URLS of our site in tweets, not Buffers shortened URLS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By all means look at the competition, but I have used Buffer for many years now. If you are unsure just jump in with the free account and upgrade from there - just do it - its great!

Great time saver, to be able to pre-stack a load of scheduled social media updates to go out at set times means we can then focus on other areas of our marketing.

Even adding images to our scheduled tweets is very easy!

Buffer review by David Y.
David Y.

"Best Content Scheduling Software for Social Media"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Buffer. It is very intuitive and easy to set-up and use. The scheduling and editing options with live preview are one rare and great features among the all content management tools I have used. Buffer also analyzes your feed to determine the best times to post your content, based on your audience's engagement.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that Buffer does not always follow the schedule that you set and sometimes misplaces links or changes them. The price can be a little expensive than othe platforms, but Buffer is oriented towards pro businesses

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without Buffer, we would spend significantly more time logging into each network and posting. It saves time and therefore money on labor having to go to each platform individually

It's very easy for anyone with access to go in and view the schedule and make changes/additions where needed. Using Buffer We're better able to reach our audience, as we're targeting a time they're online.

Buffer review by Franco C.
Franco C.

"Buffer is better than any other service"

What do you like best?

Buffer is better than any other service. First of all the simple and plain interface is impressive (especially if you manage in the past other platforms, sometimes messy and confused). Buffer offers you a simple and elegant interface that is easy to use and help you to stay focused on the content. The free plan is great if you can't invest so much on a planning app. Also Buffer will find for you the best time to post.

What do you dislike?

A major issue is the Instagram thing. You can't schedule Instagram post. Buffer will only send you a reminder to post on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, and since it allows you to try for some day the premium feats test it all out. You will find a lovely solution to all your "social issues".

It's really difficult to have a massive social presence, and Buffer is helping me to manage and engage my social medias. I use it with my personal profiles, company profiles and with clients profiles. A great, great tool.

Buffer review by Afshana D.
Afshana D.

"Don't waste time for social media management, GET BUFFER!"

What do you like best?

For sharing content across all your social media sites, if I want a great solution with the nice user interface, then It's buffer. I like their interface which is simple but intriguing. The scheduling and editing options with live preview are one rare and great features among the all content management tools I have used. In fact, you can customize the message for each network, which awesome.

What do you dislike?

The limitation is the free version like you can't add more than 10 posts for one channel within a day.

Besides, they don't have website integration like Co-scheduled, you have to go to their websites always! For content business, we need to stay on our website and manage contents from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the few content management tools worth trying, I must say.

Scheduling regular content on all platforms without spending too much time on it and it's easy to use with great UI.

Buffer review by Janelle V.
Janelle V.

"Makes scheduling posts on the go quick and easy"

What do you like best?

Buffer's extensions can be added to chrome and used via mobile, making it super simple to schedule posts out while on the go. It also makes it quick and easy to shorten links for ease of reading.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like about Buffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer's enterprise level offerings also make it easy to work across teams, giving users differing levels of access, but giving you ultimate control over what is posted when. I also frequently turn to buffer over bit.ly when I want a link shortened quickly, just because it's so accessible and fast. Buffer also sends you reminders when your queue is empty, which is good if you plan to use it as your primary social scheduling tool. It lets you know when you need to top it off.

Social media posting and scheduling while on the go.

Buffer review by Caroline K.
Caroline K.

"Reliable Social Media Manager "

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use. You can pick up how to navigate everything very quickly. We connected to several social media channels and can schedule and post with relative ease. Their customer service has always been friendly and prompt with responses. They are honest and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish the connection with Instagram was easier. You cannot schedules posts to go directly to the platform. You need to have the Buffer app in order to get a reminder on your phone to manually post at the designated time. I will say that Buffer makes it super easy to manually post from the app. They just copy the text, pull the image into IG and you paste the text and hit Share.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend. It's easy to use and oversee all the content going out on various social media channels. It makes it easy to manage all of you accounts in one place. In addition to posting content, you can view analytics for your various channels to see how posts are performing and when they perform the best. And their customer support is wonderful! They are friendly, responsive and helpful.

It has been a huge lifesaver to manage all of our social media channels for various departments in one place. Buffer offers a review process so we can look over posts before they go live and ensure all content has once consistent voice that best represents us.

Buffer review by Ankurman S.
Ankurman S.

"Better than Hootsuite for sure"

What do you like best?

While Hootsuite has raised a tonne of funding, Buffer does the job smoothly. What I like best about them is -

- Pricing: Small business plan is very affordable.

- Ease of integration and scheduling

- 200 posts with 10 accounts is very helpful.

- UI is pleasing and makes for a good UX.

What do you dislike?

Yet to use the enterprise level plans. But for me as a single license user, this is a winner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have a shit tonne of money to throw for something that doesn't do anything extraordinary, you would be better off giving your money to Buffer and keep the savings in your pocket or donate to the cause you believe in.

One feature I like is when the integration doesn't work, it sends you an automated email to remind you to check the third-party connection. Me like this!

- Automating social media posts for social selling.

- Analytics for social campaigns on LinkedIn.

- Social selling campaigns

Buffer review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Easy to use and compatible with many platforms!"

What do you like best?

I user Buffer for my job as a social media assistant and it's very easy to use. I love that I'm able to integrate multiple social media channels, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Buffer also has great customer service. If I ever have trouble or one of my posts gets lost, they are very responsive and help me in whatever way they can.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about Buffer--and I think this is true for other social media scheduling platforms as well--is that it's not as compatible with Instagram. Instead of posting to Instagram for me, it sends a push notification to my mobile phone and I have to go into Instagram on my mobile device to post. I do believe this is a problem with Instagram, though, and not Buffer. Also, there are some technological glitches but nothing too terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Buffer to anyone who is considering a social media scheduling platform. It's easy to use, flexible, and they have great customer service.

Buffer is a huge help when it comes to scheduling social media posts. My team can go in and schedule posts around the pre-scheduled posts that I enter, and everything is posted automatically (except on Instagram), without me having to think about it or worry about it.

Buffer review by Amokrane T.
Amokrane T.

"Easy tool but needs more features "

What do you like best?

You can schedule your posts frome Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Plus and even Pintrest. There is no way you feel lots why using Buffer. Moreover, Buffer's content strategy is a great way to help the uninitiated.

What do you dislike?

There are obvious drawbacks on Buffer. The reporting feature is not as complete as what you'll find on Sprout Social and Zoho Social.

You're limited to 10 accounts, which would be ok for 99.9% of you but not the Fortune 500 companies.

Collaboration is also limited as well as integration with other marketing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business, Buffer is the choice.

If you're a mid-market business, go with Hootsuite or AgoraPulse.

If you're a large business, don't be cheap and go get Sprout.

Planning your day in the morning relieves you from the stress of not missing anything. It saves our time and let us focus on what matters the most.

Buffer review by Alessandro P.
Alessandro P.

"Buffer save your time "

What do you like best?

Buffer provides you all the tools you need to build up your social media presence in the best way possible. You can use it with the major social media platforms, and schedule the posts for them. You can use it as team (if you work in team). Buffer also give you the Optimal Timing tools, that checks for you the best posting time for your social media.

What do you dislike?

The price can be a little expensive than othe platforms, but Buffer is oriented towards pro businesses (and the tools it provides are a proof). The customer support is limited to a twitter acoount or to the form in their site. So no real time possibility to solve the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can have the control of all your media social platform thanks to platform. So a single app on your smartphone and a single page on your desktop browser to manage all your accounts. This will save your time and keep your work organized.

I use Buffer to manage all my social media platforms. From Facebook to Twitter. I've to say that queuing the posts helps me to concentrate my energy and efforts on the content than the action of posting itself.

Buffer review by Taura H.
Taura H.

"A good choice for those not super tech savvy."

What do you like best?

I like that you can create one post for multiple platforms at the same time. I like the way the schedule is laid out, it's very visual and easy to read/manage. Very easy to add custom images to posts. Easy to revise/edit posts. Super simple to manage several accounts.

What do you dislike?

If you don't get enough engagement with your posts it will limit the number of posts you can have to that platform so you could find content that wasn't posted even though you had it in the schedule.

When a post doesn't work for some reason you are not notified and only know it failed when you go into Buffer - unless I'm missing a notification setting somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My advice would be to try the free plan first to see if it meets your needs before committing to a paid account.

It allows me to schedule the social media for the week for two businesses very quickly. It's very easy for anyone with access to go in and view the schedule and make changes/additions where needed. It lets you know when your buffer is empty and which posts are performing well.

Buffer review by Devon H.
Devon H.

"Crucial for our social media marketing"

What do you like best?

Buffer makes it so incredibly easy to post to multiple social media accounts at once. I am a huge fan of our ability to change the title, description text, and image of links we're sharing, as well as its ability to detect the best time of day you should post for your specific accounts. Also, their blog is a treasure trove of information.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that Instagram can't be posted automatically, but that's a limit imposed by Instagram. Otherwise, the product is simply fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's cheap enough to give it a trial run for a few months. Give it a test run and see if it meets your needs. It certainly met ours!

Social media marketing. We're better able to reach our audience, as we're targeting a time they're online, and we're able to have multiple people contribute to our social media presence from one location, streamlining a lot of our work.

Buffer review by Samantha T.
Samantha T.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy to use this is. When I'm creating my posts, I can put them straight into Buffer to check for length and format. Though we don't use it anymore, I also enjoy the "review" option to allow someone to review your posts before they are scheduled. I appreciate the scheduled times being inputted automatically that show when most people are visiting any given site (FB, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.), so you don't even have to think about it.

What do you dislike?

I wish the review feature was not an additional paid feature, as it seems like such a basic option to have. When there is an error posting and you update the information (ie. incorrect login details), it automatically posts everything that had been previously scheduled without confirming you want to do that, which can be inconvenient. I wish I could see the post layout with the photo included before the post is sent. More features could be included but it's basic-ness make it so user friendly. It does not allow for re-tweets or tweets of articles which is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any software, go through the process and test it out before signing up. Don't just watch videos or look at it. Actually use it as that's the only way you will see what things will bother you. Overall Buffer is very simple to use but it may be lacking user-friendly features you want since it is so basic.

The benefits are having all of your social media in one place. It saves time and therefore money on labor having to go to each platform individually. I also was not expecting to benefit from using it as a character counter for my posts that I create outside of the program.

Buffer review by Kenny K.
Kenny K.

"Buffer Helps Our Business Automate Social Media and Still Retain Quality"

What do you like best?

Buffer is a great way for any business to syndicate their content out to all the major social networks. There's enough customization, though, to retain the quality of each post. Buffer is just a great way to centralize all your networks so that you don't have to constantly log in to each network to post.

What do you dislike?

Buffer could utilize more networks. While the major networks are important, there are so many other networks that bring in traffic and would be a great addition to the platform. Buffer could also have an option to change up each post, so that the text isn't exactly the same for each post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to utilize the "post via email" feature. This can help syndicate posts to all the networks through Apps such as IFTTT without limiting you to just one social network.

Without Buffer, we would spend significantly more time logging into each network and posting. This wastes time and takes away from more important tasks. Buffer allows our company to focus on what's important while also allowing us to post our content on social media to bring in more traffic, leads and revenue.

Buffer review by Kyle K.
Kyle K.

"I've no idea what I would use if Buffer shut down!"

What do you like best?

There are some alternatives, and I've tried a few of them, but nothing I've experimented with has worked as well for social media scheduling as Buffer. From integrating with Pablo to my Google Chrome browser, it's one of my most used tools.

What do you dislike?

One thing I do with Buffer did was erase the latest queue slot if I post it early. For example, if I have an Instagram post scheduled to go out at 10am but I manually post it at 9:30am, buffer will move the next post to the 10am slot and I'll still get a notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free option is great and the entry level plan is inexpensive and all most people will ever need!

It lets me connect with my audiences easier. I can pre-write my Twitter & Instagram posts at once instead of having to manually write+post them one at a time.

Buffer review by Andrea R.
Andrea R.

"Buffer helps you social media marketing and your work"

What do you like best?

Buffer helps me in scheduling posts by my own schedule, setting up times and days as a path to follow. I also can use only Buffer to manage all my social media profiles (this helps me a lot when I use Buffer for my clients, I can use just Buffer to manage their Twitter account, Facebook page and Instagram feed). I also like the 3 plans that Buffer offers to its customers, this allows you to use the right tools depending on the project you're working for. Very helpfull are also the analytics and report section.

What do you dislike?

What I really can't face is why I can't use Buffer to tag other Facebook pages or profiles. This will be very usefull when promoting campign that brings togheter many companies. Also the platform doesn't allow me to segment the accounts. This will help me to group accounts togheter (for clients for example), using one Buffer account for all my projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform meets the small business needs thanks to the many functions and tools and thanks to the subscription plans starting from $ 0. Also the interface and design are very intuitive and minimal, this helps you manage your account even without experience in the field.

I can follow a client social media campaign with a single platform, I can schedule all the post and track the performance of the contents. Also is easy to share analytics and data with my clients. It also helps me improve my engagement, saving all the posts and allowing me to repost content with an high engagement rate.

Buffer review by Lyn G.
Lyn G.

"Buffer - Great Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Buffer allows me the opportunity to save tons of time and website hopping. With the Chrome extension and app, I am able to easily share content to my accounts without any hassle at all.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about Buffer. It's a great tool.

The biggest problem I am solving by using Buffer is losing content. I come across so many ideas that need to be shared but didn't always have the time to stop, copy the link and then open twitter and paste it there. I would try to save the pages for later but I would end up with way too many open tabs. With buffer everything is neat and organized and instant. Plus, I can share it and if I hadn't had a chance to read it yet, I can always go to my twitter feed and click the link.

Buffer review by Tom D.
Tom D.

"Very simple yet effective social media manager"

What do you like best?

Buffer is great - it's cost effective, scales well dependent on need and is so intuitive. The analytics are simple but effective and it's easy to set up multiple team members to use the service. Makes managing social media a doddle, whether for personal, business or clients. I've used Buffer for three companies now (recruitment, then advertising and now internal recruitment and outward comms) and would absolutely continue to use it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly - not much. Some other social managers have more complex features that are good for client-focused work and social engagement but if you're looking for ease-of-use, I haven't found better than Buffer. (And it is much cheaper than others)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try as many free trials of other software as you can - you'll struggle to find a social media manager that is as effective for the price.

Team social media posting - we can collaborate and increase our social media efficiency.

Buffer review by Abby W.
Abby W.

"Simple, easy, clean experience! "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to add this in any browser on mobile and quickly pull in links and quotes to post later on my Twitter. This helps me keep all the content I want to share together and trickle it out over days instead of just the time when I have to read the news. It is a great free platform with everything I need in a very clean, simple, easy interface.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are sometimes inaccurate, and could definitely be more robust, but for a free tool, it's pretty great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a simple, easy to use social media management, this works awesome and I highly recommend.

If you're looking for really complex or robust, maybe go with a more robust product.

Keeping a consistent social presence with content being doled out over time in a way I couldn't manage it manually. Then being able to see what is and is not working to change strategies of engagement over time for my personal brand

Buffer review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Buffer is an average social media managing system"

What do you like best?

I was able to connect all of my acocunts

What do you dislike?

It will automatically disconnect accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found Buffer pretty easy to manage but I have stopped using it to manage social media posts because it will disconnect my account randomly. We have a bunch of different social media accounts at my work, so it takes a lot of time to go back in and reconnect all of those accounts. I found it easy when it was all connected to post to. The one downside is how Instagram does not allow you to automatically post. The nice thing about Buffer is you can set it up so that it will give you a notification on your phone when your post is ready to be published. Then you just go in the buffer app and post the post you want to publish. I do like how it will shorten the URLs so that on Twitter especially, you could have 140 characters. Overall, Buffer is fine, but since it stopped connecting all of my social media accounts, I stopped using it for my business and just have been posting content on my own without a generator like this.

Buffer is a great way to push social media content out to multiple platforms, especially if you manage a bunch of different social media accounts. For work, I manage 5 different facebooks, three instagrams and three different twitter accounts.

Buffer review by Joseph J.
Joseph J.

"Great option for non-profits"

What do you like best?

Buffer now supports scheduling for Instagram, so it's on par with Hootsuite, but it also gives non-profits a 50% discount on services. It's great for publishing and scheduling. Buffer seems to offer a service called Reply that allows listening, which is something we'll need in the future but not right now. I'm happy that they don't bloat the already great scheduling service with other services we don't need yet.

What do you dislike?

The free version is not as robust as Hootsuite's free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out if you need to listen and respond to visitors. If you do you'll want to also look at Buffer Reply.

I need to schedule updates to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and Buffer is dead simple.

Buffer review by Prashant S.
Prashant S.

"Best Features Incorporated on a Single Platform"

What do you like best?

I like the feature to schedule for coming time, tag the people, URL Shortening and Image Suggestion too. These features allow me to schedule my posts by using different techniques to check insights too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it won't allow me to upload a picture, just show only "you can't upload this image". It looks weird when there is no option to change the image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must Use to Manage your social media marketing in right direction

Buffer helps us to do the best use of social media and no need to worry about the postings. by using this tool we are able to save our time. You guys must use this tool to speed up your business goals in social media.

Buffer review by Molly F.
Molly F.

"Easy-To-Use Scheduling Platform"

What do you like best?

Buffer is well organized and clean to help you schedule messages, more than several platforms I've used. It allows your team to post to several profiles & pages and format easily for all of them. The queue and analytics are the best to help you feel on top of posting - you can see what's about to be posted and what has performed well. I love that this queue also connects to the Buffer app, making it so so easy to re-publish or edit a post on the go before it goes live. I appreciate that the queue also shows you exactly how a post will look - if the preview doesn't load there, it won't load when posted.

What do you dislike?

Analytics aren't always clear as to what makes something a "top post", but it's still pretty powerful. That's my only complaint - I wish there were more powerful analytics attached to it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer will help you manage posting to your accounts and do it really well! It will help you feel like you can manage your accounts on the go with their app, too.

Publishing social media to multiple platforms for multiple clients. The benefits are very clear - it's an organized, clean platform to schedule from, making it easy to ensure that the proper client's messages are posted on the right day, right platform, etc.

Buffer review by Gianfranco C.
Gianfranco C.

"Buffer is the Social Media Management tool for Excellence!"

What do you like best?

Buffer is extremely easy to use, intuitive and extremely useful. For Influencers, Brands and Small Enterprises- Buffer can immediately give a quick -and really inexpensive- solution to optimize Social Media Management processes.

What do you dislike?

The only 'Con' is minimal: Pinterest as Social Media platform on Buffer is available only for premium users- after the 7-day trial. However, the "Awesome Plan" (so-called premium plan offered from Buffer) is definitely

inexpensive in relation to competing social media tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a Social Media Management tool - in order to simplify your daily work and obtaining better results, Buffer is your solution. Remember, it's free: anyone can try it and appreciate its value. I'm sure that once you have tried Buffer, you will forget about those days in shifting from one social media account to another!

You can save really a lot of time by creating and publishing all your social media posts from one single dashboard: not only that, Buffer also helps you in scheduling the posts in different days/hours, finding ideal timings to be posted, monitoring analytics/data and much more.

Buffer review by Bryan C.
Bryan C.

"Save time and money with Buffer!"

What do you like best?

Buffer is very affordable, and makes it easy to queue up and track my social media posts. It feels fun and rewarding to add something to my feed, and then check out the analytics to see how well it did. Buffer also analyzes your feed to determine the best times to post your content, based on your audience's engagement.

What do you dislike?

You're limited in the free version to the number of different accounts you can post to, but it's a great way to trial Buffer. One thing I wish you could do (which you can do in other software like Hootsuite), is reply to post Comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Hootsuite too! Buffer and Hootsuite are my two favorites, and each has different strengths. I prefer Buffer for my current budget, and for it's simplicity. I like Hootsuite for certain additional features, like the ability to reply to all comments in one centralized place. Buffer sells another product called "Reply", which starts at $60/month for ONE social media feed (as of the date of this post). So if replying from a centralized software is important to you, Hootsuite may be the way to go.

With Buffer, I spend much less time on posting to social media, because I can post to multiple feeds at once. Buffer helps me be more accountable with consistent posting.

Buffer review by Madeleine S.
Madeleine S.

"It works well with some drawbacks. "

What do you like best?

As a post scheduling tool on multiples platforms across multiple accounts, Buffer is well-organized and is very efficient. We have rarely had an issue where a post didn't go through.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations. Buffer is picky about what video files it takes. We have a lot of posts where we want to use Facebook tools (handshake tool, check-in tool, feelings tool) which you can't do with Buffer. You also can't tag other pages which is a huge drawback for us. It definitely ups our engagement when we can tag other pages but it's not hard to go in and do that after the post is up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It works well. Just keep in mind that there will be some things you can only do straight on the platforms you're posting on... Of course, that's not really Buffer's fault...social sites want you to post and schedule directly.

If you're looking for a reliable posting tool and can do without some of the bells and whistles, this is the one for you. It has done an excellent job letting us schedule posts and it has been extremely reliable with few outages or bugs. Generally if there is a slight issue, they address it quickly and communicate during the process.

Buffer review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Cross Social Media Posting Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to not only create content once and post on multiple social media, but also it allows users to customize the content for each of the channels before posting.

It allows delayed posting and give you stats. I am using free version and I am totally happy using it.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could be smarter in getting pure text from me and convert it to a nice art work before posting. Or sometimes, I do not have any image, I was hoping either the tool can generate an image or pick one from templates. It is quite manual and the process is not very well integrated.

It has a tool called Pablo that lets you pick images and add text on it, but it is super simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Over the last couple of month of use, I have seen lots of communication of releasing new social media integration and also features. This tool has a good team behind it and I am positive that it will help with content management for your business.

Free version is limited to 5-8 social media accounts.

Managing contents on multiple social media accounts from one place.

Learning about Buffer?

* We monitor all Buffer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.