Buffer

Buffer makes it super easy to share any page you're reading. Keep your Buffer topped up and we automagically share posts for you through the day.

Work for Buffer?

Learning about Buffer?

Buffer Reviews

Showing 558 Buffer reviews
Buffer review by Maisie W.
Maisie W.

"Good for Multiple Platforms"

What do you like best?

Buffer was one of the only social schedulers that offered all of the platforms we use. The main snag with most of the others was they didn't include Pinterest. I much prefer to have everything in one place! It's also really affordable for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had a different format for each platform, or at least some of them. I ended up switching my Pinterest account to Tailwind, because it's MUCH easier to use and has a way better interface for that. I've had some troubles with Buffer being slow or glitchy lately, so that's been frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for maintaining multiple platforms in one place, and easy to use and affordable for small businesses. I may suggest a different platform depending on what social accounts you use. I like that it's simple and uncomplicated, but larger businesses may want more features that what Buffer offers.

It helps me keep on my social on track, plan ahead, and not have to worry about it or scramble last minute. It definitely frees up time to focus on other tasks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Buffer
Buffer review by Al M.
Al M.

"Good for a not complex solution"

What do you like best?

It's a good tool for a easy use of it, it has an easy and very intuitive interface, really like it for post in all social media accounts same content or make visible content for some target. You can customize messages for each social media account, so you will not be limited for that twitter's limit of characters on Facebook.

What do you dislike?

It hasn't a lot of functions, so it's just for a easy use of it, their stats are not very good, are simple and poor of bias for understand better your public. Have some bugs on Twitters' profile pic and connecting with Instagram, so must be a bit annoying don't use all functions correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something fast, cheap and with not so much difficult, take this one, however if you want some tool complete and with a lot of features, this isn't maybe your best choice.

Our needs of a organizated posting on social media, it solved our problem about that. So if you want just a easy and basic tool for organice your social media posting, this will be a great solution, you will not have a lot of functions on it but for start in this world, it will be a good choice, also have a free plan so you don't must to pay for use their basic service, allowing you to test it before waste money on it.

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Buffer review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Best streamlined, easy, social media scheduler"

What do you like best?

Buffer is so easy to use - I can schedule posts from desktop and mobile quickly. Plus, you can schedule retweets! You can bulk upload posts using another tool, like Bulk Buffer (not associated with Buffer). I use it for scheduling LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter posts.

What do you dislike?

Buffer isn't the best for Pinterest or Instagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Buffer to schedule LinkedIn, Google+, and twitter updates. I do not recommend it for Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram. Use a tool like IFTTT or Zapier to collect your posts in a spreadsheet. Edit/update those and then you can bulk upload those posts into Buffer, using an external tool like Bulk Buffer, to schedule literally 100s of posts in one sitting. Buffer is a phenomenal value and easy for any to use!

I can schedule a bunch of tweets and updates at once and then use the shuffle feature to rearrange them in different orders on each account. In minutes I can schedule a weeks' worth of social media updates. Buffer allows you to quickly and easily connect accounts, change your posting schedule, and add content from anywhere.

Buffer review by Marianna P.
Marianna P.

"Buffer to manage your social profiles at the best"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage my business social profiles at once. Also it's great because Buffer scan your audience to check and find the right time to post. You can of course program the posts so you do not have to follow every profile every minute.

What do you dislike?

The instagram function is just a reminder for you to post, not an actual posting feat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a basic free version that you can use. I reccomend you to try it and see how great Buffer is.

Buffer is what I ever needed to manage my social media profiles. As a jewels sellers we always like to post pics and videos about our products, behind the scene on how we create jewels, and posts about promotions. Buffer helps me to program and post everything at the right time. I use it to manage the Facebook page and Instagram page of our business.

Buffer review by Ankur S.
Ankur S.

"Quite An Effective Social Media Sharing Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is phenomenal, especially how one can draft a single post for all three major Social Media sharing platforms -- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. Also, it makes it very easy to track the engagement on your content in the form on reports and analytics. The team takes feedback very encouragingly. I'm happy that they've also added Instagram as a Social Media channel as well. Overall, it's doing what it says.

What do you dislike?

The tool isn't really seamless, gives errors out of the blue. The support isn't the best either. A lot of things could be improved regarding the robustness of the product. The tool is also very pricey for no reason, I'll be making a switch as soon as I get a better deal in the same price. Pay around $10/month just for the basic plan. Perhaps if they can price the same one around $5 a month it would really make sense to use this tool. Apart from these minor drawbacks, it's good enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make sure you'll be able to get the value out of the money you pay.

Social sharing across the three major platforms from one place, one point. This is the only major benefit I've realized till now. I believe the team has a lot of scope to improve this product and add more features in alignment with the problems Social Media marketers face currently. They have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram right now, would be great if they also added channels such as Google+, Pinterest, Quora etc.

Buffer review by Beverley T.
Beverley T.

"The only scheduling tool you need"

What do you like best?

Buffer's concept is simple and straightforward, there's no extra features that bog it down which is what I like best. If you want an easy way to schedule your social media posts, Buffer is that tool. I like the calendar view where you can see empty timeslots and the ability to schedule the same link across different networks but customize the caption.

What do you dislike?

I wish the analytics were better or that their new analytics offering was included in paid plans. Sometimes the posting page errors and I have to reload it losing what I was doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool isn't confusing, it doesn't have all the features if you're looking for an all in one management system, but if keeping your posts consistent is an issue, try Buffer.

Retweeting with a scheduling, being able to see what posts are going to look like before you share them. The ability to pull images from a URL... It makes social media more consistent for me.

Buffer review by Sara N.
Sara N.

"Solid for beginners, but not comprehensive"

What do you like best?

Buffer is easy to use, and best of all they provide killer content on their blog offering everything you need to totally crush your social media and content marketing. The free version isn't anything fancy, but it's easy to use and covers what you need. Additional plans aren't super expensive, but they also aren't as comprehensive as other tools.

Analytics for paid plans show best and worst performing posts based on engagement (for retweets, favorites, replies, likes, comments, clicks, reach, and post type).You can also export for easier analysis, for reporting, for additional review, etc.

What do you dislike?

Buffer is extremely straightforward, but provides less bang for your buck compared to bigger tools like Hootsuite.

It also contains an automatic link shortener which "Buffer-brands" all your links, which is a bit annoying.

Analytics on the free version are limited and the lack of monitoring tools likely means you'll need to add a second tool to your repertoire. The free version also makes it difficult to recycle posts, which can be frustrating.

Really the bottom line is that Buffer — even a paid version — isn't comprehensive enough for a super serious marketer or large team. It would likely need to be combined with other tools, which can be cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free version is great for simple/limited scheduling across platforms.

The free version is pretty solid if your social budget is zilch. You just can't schedule more than 10 posts per platform.

Buffer review by Scott D.
Scott D.

"Feature rich social media platform, if you pay"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Buffer is their buffer links which make articles shorter, while still including the featured image for the article. It is also a nice way to post all of your social media posts in one platform. I also love the calendar feature which allows me to easily see when my social media posts are scheduled. Buffer makes my life a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

One of my biggest gripes about Buffer is the limitations in the free tier. With some comparable platforms, you can connect them to a reader/RSS to funnel articles into your social media platforms, but it is a paid feature with Buffer, which I find annoying. There are some workarounds, such as using Zapier with a reader such as Inoreader.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out other competitors like Smarterqueue and Hootsuite. Personally, Smarterqueue is my favorite of the bunch (it's newer but has some interesting features).

Buffer is allowing me to stay relevant on my social media platforms for my business without spending a lot of time making individual posts. I stay time and keep my social impact.

Buffer review by Ilaria B.
Ilaria B.

"Best way to manage your social medias"

What do you like best?

I really like Buffer, I can manage my Facebook business page, my Twitter and schedule my Instagram. I use the social medias to improve and boost my business. I like the fact that I can schedule posts and understand what is the best time to post for my audience (thanks to the Buffer analisys of the active audience). I also love the insights offered by Buffer about the performances of the posts.

What do you dislike?

The iPhone app it's a little bit confusing. I prefer to use the browser version of Buffer. You can easily set up posts and manage your profiles. It can be difficult from the app.

Also would be great if there were the opportunity to comment and reply to comments directly from Buffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not waste your time in using a single social profile at time. Try to work properly using Buffer, it can help you improving your social media presence and saving your time.

Istead of using all the different social medias separately, I can use just Buffer to manage all of them. And when you run a business related to events, as mine is, it's essential to have everything in one place, to perfectly create your social media schedule. And also Buffer helps me to save time, dedicating myself to work.

Buffer review by Heather C.
Heather C.

"Big Fan"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of the Buffer platform. Their freemium model is great for multiple reasons. The Free plan is great for personal use if you want to build your personal reputation and following on social. But the Freemium model is also great for business because I've been able to sign up for a free account, use it for a couple of weeks, and show my bosses the great reports Buffer provides, and then use that as a case for upgrading to a larger plan. And their plan options are very flexible for small business to large enterprises with multiple management user levels. I love how the platform is user-friendly, easy to setup and schedule posts, and also offers really great reports. The ability to show nice reports is a great selling feature when pitching it to stakeholders in your company. I also like how you can re-buffer posts that perform well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a free version first to test out and see if it makes sense for your business. I would also use the free version to run posting for a while and gather some reports you can share with stakeholders if you need to convince others that the tool should be added to your budget.

I've used Buffer at multiple companies now from small agency settings to international organizations. It makes social media management easy almost to the point of setting and forgetting. Our marketing team can all contribute content, I'll pick and schedule the best, and let it run for a month while we shift gears and focus on other work. It's helped my companies build audiences passively.

Buffer review by Jose Tomas T.
Jose Tomas T.

"My experience with BUFFER"

What do you like best?

In my personal opinion I think that Buffer is a very good tool for beginners in the world of social media, your graphic interface is very simple and easy to use so that anyone can use it, for those who venture into social networks and time shorten us with so many information and schedules to publish, this tool could be of great help because with it we can program any content whether text, links, photos and videos to post them by social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, G + and Instagram

also has recommendations of the best publication schedules to achieve better performance with our publications.

If you are starting in this wonderful world of social networks, I recommend this tool very useful.

What do you dislike?

Lo que me desanina en esta herramienta es que se quedó en su funcion básica y no busco integrar nuevas funciones para seguir siendo atractivo y utíl a los usuarios, eso sin mencionar pque su precio lo veo un poco elevado en sus versiones premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually this tool had its golden years, but today there are other more advanced functions ...

Cuando usé esta herramienta pude ahorar muchisimo tiempo en mis publicaciones diarias ya que su funcion de mejores horarios es excelente. me ayudó muchísimo pero lastima que no evolucionaron en nuevas funciones para adaptarse a las actualizaciones de las redes sociales hoy en día.

Buffer review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Great for Personal and Business Use"

What do you like best?

Buffer has a great freemium model that makes it perfect for small companies to large companies. I started using Buffer at my last company to schedule posts on all of our social media accounts. It was really easy to use and I really like how the scheduling feature was setup. They make it less cluttered and easier to read than some of the other platforms. After leaving, I ended up using for my personal social media accounts. I use it to schedule post around marketing. Through Buffer I have been able to help develop my personal brand and really create a strong social media presence. I love Buffer!

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about Buffer. I tried the other platforms and there were things they couldn't do that Buffer could so I kept coming back to it. It might not have the name recognition like HootSuite, but I would use Buffer over HootSuite every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend considering Buffer, especially if you are looking at other platforms. Buffer can provide a lot of the same features and probably for a better price if you choose to use a plan. They have a great free version and I would check that out to test drive how it works. Once you get the hang of it, it is super easy.

Buffer helped my last company solve a problem of not having enough time everyday for social media. Being able to schedule posts meant I could get more done. Personally, I have benefited from being able to grow my brand and help advance my career. It is also a great testament to my experience to be able to continue to use it personally.

Buffer review by James S.
James S.

"Easiest , Time Saving Content Scheduling Software for SMM "

What do you like best?

We have tried so many softwares for content curation , sharing for our social medcia marketing . Biffer is the most accurate cotnent shceduler I have ever gone through. It is very efficient and cost-effective platform when handling multiple social media accounts across the company.

What do you dislike?

Even nothing is here to dislike , there are few areas of improvement for buffer. It fails to provide the optimal times to post. I dislike the fact that Buffer does not always follow the schedule that you set and sometimes misplaces links or changes them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer is simple and easy to use when starting out with social media scheduling. If you'd like a great tool to cross post content from Facebook to Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter, the Buffer browser plugin is excellent.

Buffer is helping me to manage and engage my social medias, it is so life / time saving app. It's very easy for anyone with access to go in and view the schedule and make changes/additions where needed.

Buffer review by Alistair C.
Alistair C.

"Perfect and simple tool for Social Media content mangement"

What do you like best?

Buffer is a very efficient and cost-effective platform when handling multiple social media accounts across the company. I use Buffer on a daily basis to schedule posts for the week on all our accounts. It comes quite handy when one has little time to spend on such tasks. Buffer also provides content from news sources, allowing you to quickly and simply retweet an article.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say I dislike much about Buffer however, the UI could be improved as it tends to look a bit outdated. Whilst there are many great features on the platform, it can be a bit tiresome navigating through the different pages. There could also be an improvement on people mentions and a twitterdeck direct access to help to mention brands and people. Nevertheless, I am completely satisfied by Buffer and would highly recommend it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick, efficient and cost-effective solution, then Buffer is perfect for you. You can try the free trial (which is limited to 10 scheduled posts) then subscribe to their premium offering for unlimited use and access to content written by news sources. Very handy for young companies or marketing teams who use multiple social media accounts.

The main problems it has solved it saving time and energy. I schedule my weekly posts and leave the machine to do the rest. It also provides analytics (premium version) and suggests the most interesting post.

Buffer review by Alexia p.
Alexia p.

"Easy but you have to work it "

What do you like best?

I like that I can post to all of our social media sites per city. For example lets say you want to post but you have a chain or stores or service locations. Meaning same company but 5 different cities and 5 different platforms per city. This is for you.

What do you dislike?

They change up their agreement quite a bit and don't notify you of things so it is up to you to have to log in often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you understand this is not a set it and forget it until next month. You absolutely need to log in once a week to see if anything didn't go through. The reason for that is if a post failed and it was holiday or time specific, it will post the next time it can. Merry Christmas in January is no good, so you have to have someone do a weekly overview.

This is time management while being able to effectively reach an audience on instagram, g+, facebook, twitter and whatever else you might need. It looks clean and professional because you also can schedule it and it looks like there is someone posting daily.

Buffer review by Dan K.
Dan K.

"Best social media scheduling tool out there"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to use and has a clean and intuitive dashboard. I really like that Buffer offers everything I need for managing my social media accounts in one place, all at a fair price.

What do you dislike?

Based on my experience, Buffer fails to provide the optimal times to post. However, I can't say I dislike it - it's just something you have to deal with. No tool is smart enough to do the proper analysis of your feed, so you just have to experiment and find what time works best for each network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For an in-house marketer, it's the easiest and the most cost-effective scheduling quick analytics tool I've found so far.

I manage 4-7 social media accounts on a daily basis, and Buffer saves me a lot of time needed for logging in and posting on each network. Built-in analytics help determine which content works best without having to manually go through each account.

Buffer review by Paul J.
Paul J.

"Fantastic for Scheduling your Social Media Future Activity!"

What do you like best?

Of all of the features, the Buffer calender stands out for me, to be able to visually see what tweets and Facebook updates are going out each day of the week is a great tool.

Also, there support is spot on.

On the very occasion I have had to ask a question, their support has been very attentive. Not problem in recommending them! I hope others take a leaf out of Buffers !

What do you dislike?

The only bugbear (and its a small one) - any links we put on say Buffer to go via Twitter get converted to show them as Buffer links, I guess this is there for reporting but sometimes I would like to see just good old plain URLS of our site in tweets, not Buffers shortened URLS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By all means look at the competition, but I have used Buffer for many years now. If you are unsure just jump in with the free account and upgrade from there - just do it - its great!

Great time saver, to be able to pre-stack a load of scheduled social media updates to go out at set times means we can then focus on other areas of our marketing.

Even adding images to our scheduled tweets is very easy!

Buffer review by David Y.
David Y.

"Best Content Scheduling Software for Social Media"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Buffer. It is very intuitive and easy to set-up and use. The scheduling and editing options with live preview are one rare and great features among the all content management tools I have used. Buffer also analyzes your feed to determine the best times to post your content, based on your audience's engagement.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that Buffer does not always follow the schedule that you set and sometimes misplaces links or changes them. The price can be a little expensive than othe platforms, but Buffer is oriented towards pro businesses

Recommendations to others considering the product

Without Buffer, we would spend significantly more time logging into each network and posting. It saves time and therefore money on labor having to go to each platform individually

It's very easy for anyone with access to go in and view the schedule and make changes/additions where needed. Using Buffer We're better able to reach our audience, as we're targeting a time they're online.

Buffer review by Franco C.
Franco C.

"Buffer is better than any other service"

What do you like best?

Buffer is better than any other service. First of all the simple and plain interface is impressive (especially if you manage in the past other platforms, sometimes messy and confused). Buffer offers you a simple and elegant interface that is easy to use and help you to stay focused on the content. The free plan is great if you can't invest so much on a planning app. Also Buffer will find for you the best time to post.

What do you dislike?

A major issue is the Instagram thing. You can't schedule Instagram post. Buffer will only send you a reminder to post on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, and since it allows you to try for some day the premium feats test it all out. You will find a lovely solution to all your "social issues".

It's really difficult to have a massive social presence, and Buffer is helping me to manage and engage my social medias. I use it with my personal profiles, company profiles and with clients profiles. A great, great tool.

Buffer review by Afshana D.
Afshana D.

"Don't waste time for social media management, GET BUFFER!"

What do you like best?

For sharing content across all your social media sites, if I want a great solution with the nice user interface, then It's buffer. I like their interface which is simple but intriguing. The scheduling and editing options with live preview are one rare and great features among the all content management tools I have used. In fact, you can customize the message for each network, which awesome.

What do you dislike?

The limitation is the free version like you can't add more than 10 posts for one channel within a day.

Besides, they don't have website integration like Co-scheduled, you have to go to their websites always! For content business, we need to stay on our website and manage contents from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the few content management tools worth trying, I must say.

Scheduling regular content on all platforms without spending too much time on it and it's easy to use with great UI.

Buffer review by Janelle V.
Janelle V.

"Makes scheduling posts on the go quick and easy"

What do you like best?

Buffer's extensions can be added to chrome and used via mobile, making it super simple to schedule posts out while on the go. It also makes it quick and easy to shorten links for ease of reading.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like about Buffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer's enterprise level offerings also make it easy to work across teams, giving users differing levels of access, but giving you ultimate control over what is posted when. I also frequently turn to buffer over bit.ly when I want a link shortened quickly, just because it's so accessible and fast. Buffer also sends you reminders when your queue is empty, which is good if you plan to use it as your primary social scheduling tool. It lets you know when you need to top it off.

Social media posting and scheduling while on the go.

Buffer review by Caroline K.
Caroline K.

"Reliable Social Media Manager "

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use. You can pick up how to navigate everything very quickly. We connected to several social media channels and can schedule and post with relative ease. Their customer service has always been friendly and prompt with responses. They are honest and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish the connection with Instagram was easier. You cannot schedules posts to go directly to the platform. You need to have the Buffer app in order to get a reminder on your phone to manually post at the designated time. I will say that Buffer makes it super easy to manually post from the app. They just copy the text, pull the image into IG and you paste the text and hit Share.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend. It's easy to use and oversee all the content going out on various social media channels. It makes it easy to manage all of you accounts in one place. In addition to posting content, you can view analytics for your various channels to see how posts are performing and when they perform the best. And their customer support is wonderful! They are friendly, responsive and helpful.

It has been a huge lifesaver to manage all of our social media channels for various departments in one place. Buffer offers a review process so we can look over posts before they go live and ensure all content has once consistent voice that best represents us.

Buffer review by Ankurman S.
Ankurman S.

"Better than Hootsuite for sure"

What do you like best?

While Hootsuite has raised a tonne of funding, Buffer does the job smoothly. What I like best about them is -

- Pricing: Small business plan is very affordable.

- Ease of integration and scheduling

- 200 posts with 10 accounts is very helpful.

- UI is pleasing and makes for a good UX.

What do you dislike?

Yet to use the enterprise level plans. But for me as a single license user, this is a winner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have a shit tonne of money to throw for something that doesn't do anything extraordinary, you would be better off giving your money to Buffer and keep the savings in your pocket or donate to the cause you believe in.

One feature I like is when the integration doesn't work, it sends you an automated email to remind you to check the third-party connection. Me like this!

- Automating social media posts for social selling.

- Analytics for social campaigns on LinkedIn.

- Social selling campaigns

Buffer review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Easy to use and compatible with many platforms!"

What do you like best?

I user Buffer for my job as a social media assistant and it's very easy to use. I love that I'm able to integrate multiple social media channels, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Buffer also has great customer service. If I ever have trouble or one of my posts gets lost, they are very responsive and help me in whatever way they can.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about Buffer--and I think this is true for other social media scheduling platforms as well--is that it's not as compatible with Instagram. Instead of posting to Instagram for me, it sends a push notification to my mobile phone and I have to go into Instagram on my mobile device to post. I do believe this is a problem with Instagram, though, and not Buffer. Also, there are some technological glitches but nothing too terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Buffer to anyone who is considering a social media scheduling platform. It's easy to use, flexible, and they have great customer service.

Buffer is a huge help when it comes to scheduling social media posts. My team can go in and schedule posts around the pre-scheduled posts that I enter, and everything is posted automatically (except on Instagram), without me having to think about it or worry about it.

Buffer review by Amokrane T.
Amokrane T.

"Easy tool but needs more features "

What do you like best?

You can schedule your posts frome Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Plus and even Pintrest. There is no way you feel lots why using Buffer. Moreover, Buffer's content strategy is a great way to help the uninitiated.

What do you dislike?

There are obvious drawbacks on Buffer. The reporting feature is not as complete as what you'll find on Sprout Social and Zoho Social.

You're limited to 10 accounts, which would be ok for 99.9% of you but not the Fortune 500 companies.

Collaboration is also limited as well as integration with other marketing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business, Buffer is the choice.

If you're a mid-market business, go with Hootsuite or AgoraPulse.

If you're a large business, don't be cheap and go get Sprout.

Planning your day in the morning relieves you from the stress of not missing anything. It saves our time and let us focus on what matters the most.

Buffer review by Alessandro P.
Alessandro P.

"Buffer save your time "

What do you like best?

Buffer provides you all the tools you need to build up your social media presence in the best way possible. You can use it with the major social media platforms, and schedule the posts for them. You can use it as team (if you work in team). Buffer also give you the Optimal Timing tools, that checks for you the best posting time for your social media.

What do you dislike?

The price can be a little expensive than othe platforms, but Buffer is oriented towards pro businesses (and the tools it provides are a proof). The customer support is limited to a twitter acoount or to the form in their site. So no real time possibility to solve the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can have the control of all your media social platform thanks to platform. So a single app on your smartphone and a single page on your desktop browser to manage all your accounts. This will save your time and keep your work organized.

I use Buffer to manage all my social media platforms. From Facebook to Twitter. I've to say that queuing the posts helps me to concentrate my energy and efforts on the content than the action of posting itself.

Buffer review by Taura H.
Taura H.

"A good choice for those not super tech savvy."

What do you like best?

I like that you can create one post for multiple platforms at the same time. I like the way the schedule is laid out, it's very visual and easy to read/manage. Very easy to add custom images to posts. Easy to revise/edit posts. Super simple to manage several accounts.

What do you dislike?

If you don't get enough engagement with your posts it will limit the number of posts you can have to that platform so you could find content that wasn't posted even though you had it in the schedule.

When a post doesn't work for some reason you are not notified and only know it failed when you go into Buffer - unless I'm missing a notification setting somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My advice would be to try the free plan first to see if it meets your needs before committing to a paid account.

It allows me to schedule the social media for the week for two businesses very quickly. It's very easy for anyone with access to go in and view the schedule and make changes/additions where needed. It lets you know when your buffer is empty and which posts are performing well.

Buffer review by Devon H.
Devon H.

"Crucial for our social media marketing"

What do you like best?

Buffer makes it so incredibly easy to post to multiple social media accounts at once. I am a huge fan of our ability to change the title, description text, and image of links we're sharing, as well as its ability to detect the best time of day you should post for your specific accounts. Also, their blog is a treasure trove of information.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that Instagram can't be posted automatically, but that's a limit imposed by Instagram. Otherwise, the product is simply fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's cheap enough to give it a trial run for a few months. Give it a test run and see if it meets your needs. It certainly met ours!

Social media marketing. We're better able to reach our audience, as we're targeting a time they're online, and we're able to have multiple people contribute to our social media presence from one location, streamlining a lot of our work.

Buffer review by Samantha T.
Samantha T.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy to use this is. When I'm creating my posts, I can put them straight into Buffer to check for length and format. Though we don't use it anymore, I also enjoy the "review" option to allow someone to review your posts before they are scheduled. I appreciate the scheduled times being inputted automatically that show when most people are visiting any given site (FB, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.), so you don't even have to think about it.

What do you dislike?

I wish the review feature was not an additional paid feature, as it seems like such a basic option to have. When there is an error posting and you update the information (ie. incorrect login details), it automatically posts everything that had been previously scheduled without confirming you want to do that, which can be inconvenient. I wish I could see the post layout with the photo included before the post is sent. More features could be included but it's basic-ness make it so user friendly. It does not allow for re-tweets or tweets of articles which is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any software, go through the process and test it out before signing up. Don't just watch videos or look at it. Actually use it as that's the only way you will see what things will bother you. Overall Buffer is very simple to use but it may be lacking user-friendly features you want since it is so basic.

The benefits are having all of your social media in one place. It saves time and therefore money on labor having to go to each platform individually. I also was not expecting to benefit from using it as a character counter for my posts that I create outside of the program.

Buffer review by Kenny K.
Kenny K.

"Buffer Helps Our Business Automate Social Media and Still Retain Quality"

What do you like best?

Buffer is a great way for any business to syndicate their content out to all the major social networks. There's enough customization, though, to retain the quality of each post. Buffer is just a great way to centralize all your networks so that you don't have to constantly log in to each network to post.

What do you dislike?

Buffer could utilize more networks. While the major networks are important, there are so many other networks that bring in traffic and would be a great addition to the platform. Buffer could also have an option to change up each post, so that the text isn't exactly the same for each post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to utilize the "post via email" feature. This can help syndicate posts to all the networks through Apps such as IFTTT without limiting you to just one social network.

Without Buffer, we would spend significantly more time logging into each network and posting. This wastes time and takes away from more important tasks. Buffer allows our company to focus on what's important while also allowing us to post our content on social media to bring in more traffic, leads and revenue.

Buffer review by Kyle K.
Kyle K.

"I've no idea what I would use if Buffer shut down!"

What do you like best?

There are some alternatives, and I've tried a few of them, but nothing I've experimented with has worked as well for social media scheduling as Buffer. From integrating with Pablo to my Google Chrome browser, it's one of my most used tools.

What do you dislike?

One thing I do with Buffer did was erase the latest queue slot if I post it early. For example, if I have an Instagram post scheduled to go out at 10am but I manually post it at 9:30am, buffer will move the next post to the 10am slot and I'll still get a notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free option is great and the entry level plan is inexpensive and all most people will ever need!

It lets me connect with my audiences easier. I can pre-write my Twitter & Instagram posts at once instead of having to manually write+post them one at a time.

Buffer review by Andrea R.
Andrea R.

"Buffer helps you social media marketing and your work"

What do you like best?

Buffer helps me in scheduling posts by my own schedule, setting up times and days as a path to follow. I also can use only Buffer to manage all my social media profiles (this helps me a lot when I use Buffer for my clients, I can use just Buffer to manage their Twitter account, Facebook page and Instagram feed). I also like the 3 plans that Buffer offers to its customers, this allows you to use the right tools depending on the project you're working for. Very helpfull are also the analytics and report section.

What do you dislike?

What I really can't face is why I can't use Buffer to tag other Facebook pages or profiles. This will be very usefull when promoting campign that brings togheter many companies. Also the platform doesn't allow me to segment the accounts. This will help me to group accounts togheter (for clients for example), using one Buffer account for all my projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform meets the small business needs thanks to the many functions and tools and thanks to the subscription plans starting from $ 0. Also the interface and design are very intuitive and minimal, this helps you manage your account even without experience in the field.

I can follow a client social media campaign with a single platform, I can schedule all the post and track the performance of the contents. Also is easy to share analytics and data with my clients. It also helps me improve my engagement, saving all the posts and allowing me to repost content with an high engagement rate.

Buffer review by Lyn G.
Lyn G.

"Buffer - Great Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Buffer allows me the opportunity to save tons of time and website hopping. With the Chrome extension and app, I am able to easily share content to my accounts without any hassle at all.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about Buffer. It's a great tool.

The biggest problem I am solving by using Buffer is losing content. I come across so many ideas that need to be shared but didn't always have the time to stop, copy the link and then open twitter and paste it there. I would try to save the pages for later but I would end up with way too many open tabs. With buffer everything is neat and organized and instant. Plus, I can share it and if I hadn't had a chance to read it yet, I can always go to my twitter feed and click the link.

Buffer review by Tom D.
Tom D.

"Very simple yet effective social media manager"

What do you like best?

Buffer is great - it's cost effective, scales well dependent on need and is so intuitive. The analytics are simple but effective and it's easy to set up multiple team members to use the service. Makes managing social media a doddle, whether for personal, business or clients. I've used Buffer for three companies now (recruitment, then advertising and now internal recruitment and outward comms) and would absolutely continue to use it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly - not much. Some other social managers have more complex features that are good for client-focused work and social engagement but if you're looking for ease-of-use, I haven't found better than Buffer. (And it is much cheaper than others)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try as many free trials of other software as you can - you'll struggle to find a social media manager that is as effective for the price.

Team social media posting - we can collaborate and increase our social media efficiency.

Buffer review by Abby W.
Abby W.

"Simple, easy, clean experience! "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to add this in any browser on mobile and quickly pull in links and quotes to post later on my Twitter. This helps me keep all the content I want to share together and trickle it out over days instead of just the time when I have to read the news. It is a great free platform with everything I need in a very clean, simple, easy interface.

What do you dislike?

The analytics are sometimes inaccurate, and could definitely be more robust, but for a free tool, it's pretty great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a simple, easy to use social media management, this works awesome and I highly recommend.

If you're looking for really complex or robust, maybe go with a more robust product.

Keeping a consistent social presence with content being doled out over time in a way I couldn't manage it manually. Then being able to see what is and is not working to change strategies of engagement over time for my personal brand

Buffer review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Buffer is an average social media managing system"

What do you like best?

I was able to connect all of my acocunts

What do you dislike?

It will automatically disconnect accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found Buffer pretty easy to manage but I have stopped using it to manage social media posts because it will disconnect my account randomly. We have a bunch of different social media accounts at my work, so it takes a lot of time to go back in and reconnect all of those accounts. I found it easy when it was all connected to post to. The one downside is how Instagram does not allow you to automatically post. The nice thing about Buffer is you can set it up so that it will give you a notification on your phone when your post is ready to be published. Then you just go in the buffer app and post the post you want to publish. I do like how it will shorten the URLs so that on Twitter especially, you could have 140 characters. Overall, Buffer is fine, but since it stopped connecting all of my social media accounts, I stopped using it for my business and just have been posting content on my own without a generator like this.

Buffer is a great way to push social media content out to multiple platforms, especially if you manage a bunch of different social media accounts. For work, I manage 5 different facebooks, three instagrams and three different twitter accounts.

Buffer review by Molly F.
Molly F.

"Easy-To-Use Scheduling Platform"

What do you like best?

Buffer is well organized and clean to help you schedule messages, more than several platforms I've used. It allows your team to post to several profiles & pages and format easily for all of them. The queue and analytics are the best to help you feel on top of posting - you can see what's about to be posted and what has performed well. I love that this queue also connects to the Buffer app, making it so so easy to re-publish or edit a post on the go before it goes live. I appreciate that the queue also shows you exactly how a post will look - if the preview doesn't load there, it won't load when posted.

What do you dislike?

Analytics aren't always clear as to what makes something a "top post", but it's still pretty powerful. That's my only complaint - I wish there were more powerful analytics attached to it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer will help you manage posting to your accounts and do it really well! It will help you feel like you can manage your accounts on the go with their app, too.

Publishing social media to multiple platforms for multiple clients. The benefits are very clear - it's an organized, clean platform to schedule from, making it easy to ensure that the proper client's messages are posted on the right day, right platform, etc.

Buffer review by Gianfranco C.
Gianfranco C.

"Buffer is the Social Media Management tool for Excellence!"

What do you like best?

Buffer is extremely easy to use, intuitive and extremely useful. For Influencers, Brands and Small Enterprises- Buffer can immediately give a quick -and really inexpensive- solution to optimize Social Media Management processes.

What do you dislike?

The only 'Con' is minimal: Pinterest as Social Media platform on Buffer is available only for premium users- after the 7-day trial. However, the "Awesome Plan" (so-called premium plan offered from Buffer) is definitely

inexpensive in relation to competing social media tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a Social Media Management tool - in order to simplify your daily work and obtaining better results, Buffer is your solution. Remember, it's free: anyone can try it and appreciate its value. I'm sure that once you have tried Buffer, you will forget about those days in shifting from one social media account to another!

You can save really a lot of time by creating and publishing all your social media posts from one single dashboard: not only that, Buffer also helps you in scheduling the posts in different days/hours, finding ideal timings to be posted, monitoring analytics/data and much more.

Buffer review by Bryan C.
Bryan C.

"Save time and money with Buffer!"

What do you like best?

Buffer is very affordable, and makes it easy to queue up and track my social media posts. It feels fun and rewarding to add something to my feed, and then check out the analytics to see how well it did. Buffer also analyzes your feed to determine the best times to post your content, based on your audience's engagement.

What do you dislike?

You're limited in the free version to the number of different accounts you can post to, but it's a great way to trial Buffer. One thing I wish you could do (which you can do in other software like Hootsuite), is reply to post Comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Hootsuite too! Buffer and Hootsuite are my two favorites, and each has different strengths. I prefer Buffer for my current budget, and for it's simplicity. I like Hootsuite for certain additional features, like the ability to reply to all comments in one centralized place. Buffer sells another product called "Reply", which starts at $60/month for ONE social media feed (as of the date of this post). So if replying from a centralized software is important to you, Hootsuite may be the way to go.

With Buffer, I spend much less time on posting to social media, because I can post to multiple feeds at once. Buffer helps me be more accountable with consistent posting.

Buffer review by Madeleine S.
Madeleine S.

"It works well with some drawbacks. "

What do you like best?

As a post scheduling tool on multiples platforms across multiple accounts, Buffer is well-organized and is very efficient. We have rarely had an issue where a post didn't go through.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations. Buffer is picky about what video files it takes. We have a lot of posts where we want to use Facebook tools (handshake tool, check-in tool, feelings tool) which you can't do with Buffer. You also can't tag other pages which is a huge drawback for us. It definitely ups our engagement when we can tag other pages but it's not hard to go in and do that after the post is up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It works well. Just keep in mind that there will be some things you can only do straight on the platforms you're posting on... Of course, that's not really Buffer's fault...social sites want you to post and schedule directly.

If you're looking for a reliable posting tool and can do without some of the bells and whistles, this is the one for you. It has done an excellent job letting us schedule posts and it has been extremely reliable with few outages or bugs. Generally if there is a slight issue, they address it quickly and communicate during the process.

Buffer review by Michelle G.
Michelle G.

"What a relief"

What do you like best?

It's quick, it's easy, and it makes me feel super efficient. I love that I can set up posts from a specific website (say, an article we want to share) or from the Buffer site itself.

What do you dislike?

As an understaffed nonprofit, we have neither the time nor the resources to pay for more access to long term analytics and to then make that worth our while. I'd love if they offered more resources at a discount for NPOs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do trials of all the major SM management tools and find the one that is the best fit for you. Buffer is the first one I've been willing to pay for based on our trial, and I've been pleased enough that I recently re-upped our annual subscription.

Being able to ensure consistent messaging across platforms while also being able to set varied post times, move pending posts around, and see a clear layout of what is coming up (and what's been done) is really nice. It's made social media scheduling SO much faster.

Buffer review by Tigran H.
Tigran H.

"Buffer is amazing. It's super simple and useful. Highly recommended!"

What do you like best?

As many marketers, I also use Buffer to schedule social media posts on twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other networks. I just love how simple it is to schedule a post or add it to a queue. The interface is very intuitive and an average user can easily get on board and use it.

The analytics they provide for each post is also very useful. By the way, their mobile app is very important too, as it helps a lot when managing your social media accounts on the go.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Buffer and recommend it to every one :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used several social media management tools and so far Buffer is the best one for me. The product is great, easy to use and very useful. The company itself is one of my favorite ones. I always recommend Buffer to fellow marketers, as I know how much value it delivers.

I use Buffer mainly for scheduling posts for our social media accounts. It takes me maybe an hour or two to schedule all the posts for the week and then sit back and see how they get automatically posted on our social media accounts.

The analytics feature is also very helpful, as you can easily monitor and see how successful were your social media posts and what you can improve to achieve better results.

Buffer review by Sean Z.
Sean Z.

"Top Tier Solution for Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

When it comes to organizing and executing on your content strategy, you would be hard pressed to find a solution better than Buffer. The scheduling and integrations make it easy to share your content across channels in order to make sure you increase the reach of your audience. The software is easy to use and I like that it integrates neatly into your browser. I am a bit of a reader. And it's nice to know that when I'm feeding my brain if I like what I consumed, I can easily share it across multiple networks rendering almost equal to the native platforms.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the web integration can get a little needy. It can be a hinderance when you don't necessarily want to share something.

The tool needs much better admin for collaboration. It's very difficult when you are a doing an employee activation campaign for example to achieve this. It also makes life very difficult when you want to have someone outside your domain like a 3rd-party manage your posting to give them the right permissions and access levels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer is a publishing tool. Make sure to pair it with a listening tool regardless of the size of your company. We found using Buffer and Hootsuite to be a fine low-cost highly effective combination.

Content amplification.

Buffer review by Sarah j. W.
Sarah j. W.

"Makes social media management so much easier! "

What do you like best?

I like managing multiple accounts in one place and having the options to move posts from one profile to another. It's easy to use on mobile and PC and I like that you have the option to view a month at a time.

What do you dislike?

The view and move options could be more smooth, especially a the month level. It's frustrating there's in a storage location for saved content that is not yet scheduled, which is important for curation accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very useful for small store owners, but I can see where agency is the best market. Please don't forget us small stores as you grow and pricing changes. Also please add an area to save content (photos, videos and links with captions) that is not scheduled and does not require attribution to one platform or account.

Buffer cuts time spent on social media management drastically! If you are only managing one account on multiple platforms you will see value but the real value is when you are managing multiple accounts on multiple platforms. The amount of time this app has saved me is huge!

Buffer review by Francesco M.
Francesco M.

"Plan your social networking schedule"

What do you like best?

Buffer provides you great scheduling tools that include optimal timing scheme to post in the best timeslots in the day. It serves well the major social networks and also permit you to build a team collaboration on your social media profiles.

What do you dislike?

Someone find that the number of social media that Buffer supports it's limited (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, Pinterest and Instagram). For my it's everything I need. But other importat platforms as Tumblr can be provided. The price of Buffer can be expensive, especially in the top plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking to use Buffer, the Individual Plan it's free. Try it and upgrade if it meets your needs.

I use Buffer to control and manage my personal social network profiles and the social networks of our events. The scheduling feats help me to massimaze our strategy.

Buffer review by Lucía F.
Lucía F.

"Buffer para administrar tus redes sociales."

What do you like best?

En primer lugar la posibilidad de administrar mas de una red social desde un solo lugar, tener el control de tus redes sociales en la misma pantalla te ahorra mucho tiempo. Poder programar tus publicaciones para que vayan apareciendo a lo largo del día tambien es una de las cosas positivas de este programa o aplicación. Buffer tiene extensiones para cualquier navegador, así que puedes trabajar con tu navegador favorito junto con buffer. Si trabajas en una pequeña empresa, el plan gratuito te puede servir perfectamente ya que se pueden manejar hasta 4 redes sociales al mismo tiempo.

What do you dislike?

A veces fallan las notificaciones, y algunos enlaces a redes sociales como a twitter y a fecbook. La suscripción mensual para pequeños negocios en los que puedes conectar a mas miembros de tu empresa para que las redes sean manejadas por mas de una persona es demasiado caro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sin duda recomendaría esta aplicación o programa para cualquier empresa que quiera promocionarse en diferentes redes sociales.

La presencia de la empresa en las redes sociales es contínua y a todas horas, no hay horarios y eso es uno de sus beneficios. Las redes sociales hoy en día son la mejor publicidad para tu empresa.

Buffer review by Vanessa R.
Vanessa R.

"Buffer como administrador de tus redes sociales."

What do you like best?

La posibilidad de controlar todas las redes sociales de tu empresa en una sola pantalla te ahorra muchisimo tiempo de trabajo, facilita que el contacto con el cliente sea mas rápido, se le de respuesta con mayor brevedad, aumentando su satisfacción. Con esta herramienta también puedes mantener informado al cliente o potencial cliente de la actividad de la empresa, de cualquier feria que se vaya a realizar, así como también de las últimas novedades en cuanto a productos se refiere. El soporte es excpecional.

What do you dislike?

El plan gratuito es fántastico porque puedes manejar 3 cuetas sociales, pero el problema es si usas mas de 3 redes sociales ya que tienes que pagar, esa es la única mala noticia que veo de usar Buffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mi recomendación es que si trabajas en una empresa grande y manejas mas de 3 redes sociales, utilices esta aplicación porque vas a optimizar mucho el tiempo que te encuentres en el lugar de trabajo. Con Buffer tendras el control total de tus redes sociales al instante.

Sobretodo me ha ahorrado tiempo en mi lugar de trabajo, he logrado optimizar mi jornada laboral y mis tareas como CM de mi empresa, pudiendo dedicar mas tiempo a otras cosas.

Buffer review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"Easy to use UI, Helpful Analytics"

What do you like best?

I've used both Buffer and Hootsuite, and Buffer's UI wins hands down. I love the drag-and-drop to reorder posts feature, and adding or changing images is really easy. The analytics page is great for getting quick insights into what's working well and what isn't, and add posts with high engagement back into the queue.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easy way to track mentions, aside from the Mention integration. Having to sign up and integrate a separate tool isn't ideal, especially with other tools like Hootsuite have this built in.

Buffer is hands-down the easiest, most user-friendly way to schedule posts across social media networks and track how each post is performing. And its dozens of integrations offer a way to make up for any lack of features.

Buffer review by Ron Elius S.
Ron Elius S.

"The all around Social Media Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

Buffer's simple Social Media Scheduling is my favorite.

What do you dislike?

I did not like particularly is the analytics on the Free Version, it's not in-depth but I know when you have the paid version, all of my questions will be answered. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting out in Social Media Post Automation, Buffer is a great tool that helps you Automate your posts. The biggest positive point is they have a Free Version!

So what are you waiting for? Never miss a great Engagement on your favorite Social Media Platforms, automate your Posts and save a lot of time doing Social Media Marketing or Management.

Social Media Automation because as for everyone who uses Social Media for your Business or for your Clients, one drag is the Timezone difference.

If you're not within the Timezone of your Target Market, or you're not within the Timezone of your Clients, expect to see a low awareness, reach and engagement.

Buffer can help you with this, they have an inbuilt Timezone scheduler, just edit your Settings and you're good to go.

Buffer review by Dylan R.
Dylan R.

"Clean user interface and enjoyable user experience."

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity, plain and simple. After using Hootsuite for a short period of time, I love the contrast of clean and simplistic look & feel with Buffer

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot so far, it's pretty great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for all the bells and whistles for a social posting platform, you may want to look into Hootsuite, otherwise, Buffer is where it's at for simply scheduling and posting social content.

We are using Buffer to schedule and post content on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. It's really nice having an Instagram post queued up with a simple notification sent to my phone when the post is scheduled. The whole caption is automatically copied to my clipboard and just needs to be pasted and posted!

Buffer review by Dusty J.
Dusty J.

"Good tool for free...if you only have one use, personal or business."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can setup an optimized schedule for when things will post, as well as schedule individual posts for a specific date/time.

What do you dislike?

I have two separate Buffer accounts--one for personal use, one for business--but you can only be logged into the Chrome Buffer extension with a single account at a time. The solution is obviously to get the paid service to manage more social media channels under a single account, but my work is for a non-profit. It's very inconvenient to have to switch back and forth between accounts on the web. Meanwhile, I can "share" tweets via Buffer from my mobile device, where I'm logged into my personal account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer has a great Content tab with a full view of the Queue, showing all the posts scheduled to post (for a selected social media channel), and when they're scheduled. You can easily drag and drop posts to re-order them. Buffer will prevent you from scheduling the same post twice--if it's already been shared, you won't be able to share it again, preventing duplication.

I want to share a lot of content to keep people coming back to my social media channels, without having to schedule every single post, and don't want to barrage my followers with a bunch of content all at the same time. I've been able to optimize when my content is posted in order to be seen when the greatest number of my followers are online, helping me to increase my followers, and get more people to attend my events.

Buffer review by Benjamin M.
Benjamin M.

"Buffer helps me manage all my social media accounts and helps me work ahead for clients."

What do you like best?

I like the facts that Buffer gives you analytics on your posts to help you become a better poster. Buffer saves my posts so that I can go back and reposts posts that were successful. It also help me give analytics and data to my clients so that I can show them what I have done for them this month for social media if that is part of the packet they hired me for.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that Buffer does not always follow the schedule that you set and sometimes misplaces links or changes them. Sometimes when I move a post from one day to another day, it automatically moves another post from another day into that vacant slot and that os not always something I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Buffer to anyone who is serious about posting on Facebook and Twitter. If you are someone who posts with purpose and you plan posts out in advance, you need to add buffer to your workflow so that you can schedule posts out and create reusable social media content and get feedback with real time analytics on the things you already post.

I manage at least 12 social media accounts and using buffer is the only way I can manage that. It helps me schedule posts in advance and it helps me be organized.

Buffer review by Jacques H.
Jacques H.

"Buffer for IG Scheduled Posts is everything!!"

What do you like best?

As a scheduling tool for social media its best at Instagram. I can schedule a whole month's worth of posts. If something arises that needs to be posted immediately it accommodates for that as well.

What do you dislike?

The only feature that they do not have right now is for multiple pictures. If you wanted to do a multi picture post you have to add one picture to buffer and add the other ones manually in IG.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out and I assure you it will change your life! Spend 1 or 2 hrs in the beginning of the month and have content ready for posting for the next 2 weeks. Great scheduling tool.

It helps me automate my social media posting. I can schedule posts and have them in queue for whenever I am ready to post them. I think that is very useful!

Buffer review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"My Social Scheduling Tool of Choice"

What do you like best?

I love Buffer because unlike HootSuite, the user experience is beautiful and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

There are ways that Buffer could improve - like allowing you to view multiple account calendars at one time (in Buffer's "Awesome" plan). Currently you can only view one calendar at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in the paid version! The free version is nice, but if you are a social media manager, you will pull your hair out with its limited options. I finally put out the $10 per month (not expensive at all) for the "Awesome" plan and it really is fantastic.

I am a freelance social media manager, so I needed a scheduler that did not cost an arm and a leg but still offered a great experience and lots of options.

Buffer review by Jorge G.
Jorge G.

"A must for personal branding"

What do you like best?

Buffer app it's really easy to use. Exactly what I need to manage my personal brand.

What do you dislike?

I use buffer in Android and IOS and the link shortener works better in Android: it applies it even before saving the post in your buffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I particularly like the integration with Feedly. It's the perfect tandem!

These days you need to make sure that you stay connected and grow your own network. Engaging with my peers by publishing relevant content helps me achieve exactly that. However it's difficult to find time to do it, so being able to schedule posts in my own social networks is vital. Also Buffer alerts me when all posts have been published.

I have also used Buffer for freelance work when helping small companies managing their own social networks.

Buffer review by Sara L.
Sara L.

"Great User-Friendly Social Media Scheduler"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface and ease that comes with using Buffer to schedule Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram posts ahead of time.

What do you dislike?

The lack of options within the free options is rather limiting. Only allowing 10 scheduled posts per platform within the free version is a bit smaller than other social media scheduling platforms I've used in the past. While I'll most likely purchase their "Awesome Plan" later on, at the moment I can't spend outside of my budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer is simple and easy to use when starting out with social media scheduling. The free plan is rather limited with the amount of posts you can schedule at one time, but the ease of use to set up and schedule is great.

Great and easy-to-use social media scheduling for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Buffer review by Jorge E.
Jorge E.

"Great for schedule posts in social media"

What do you like best?

Is a very simple tool, with a good number of options, i really like scheduled posts, is easy to do it. A nice and armonized interface make you easier manage different social media accounts.

What do you dislike?

I use it on Twitter and you can't manage multiple twitter accounts on free plan (it is very complete for an easy manage of social media)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple tool for posting in different social networks, this is your product. Dont search more, you will have all you wanted. The best is the very easy to schedule posting, but maybe you will have some problems to configure your facebook and instagram account since facebook bought instagram.

It solve to us the usual problem of must to learn to use social media management tools before of use it, this tool is very usefull and simple for newbies.

Buffer review by Whitney B.
Whitney B.

"Great for busy people on the go who need to publish and go!"

What do you like best?

I love that when I publish with Buffer, I know it's going to go out on my social media pages at the best time possible. It's simple to use and inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options for unlimited accounts and groups. I would be able to do a lot more of my sharing if I had access to that. Also, the fact that instagram is just a "reminder" on my phone. I wish I were able to actually schedule a post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need more time on creating content, and less time posting that content, Buffer is worth it. It's also not expensive, which is great!

It saves me so much time! I schedule my posts and they go out without me thinking about them. Sometimes I would have no time to post, and I would end up posting at the worst possible time.

Buffer review by Sophie O.
Sophie O.

"Great for team usage"

What do you like best?

I love how my teammates can all have access to our buffer timelines so we can strategize our posting strategy. Also, the ability to have a third party app post to Instagram for us is amazing. The interface is also very aesthetically pleasing which is important for me.

What do you dislike?

I want there to be some better insights about what's working and what's not. If possible, I would like for the ability to post Instagram stories.

Our organization was blasting out content and news to social way too often and things were getting messy. Buffer let those without a background in social media marketing see the need to space out content.

Buffer review by Faith B.
Faith B.

"Best Planning Tool for Social"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily move around posts. Life comes at me fast–one minute, my day is free, and the next, I'm suddenly working late tonight. Being able to find and curate content in Buffer that will be posted when I want it posted is HUGE for me.

I also love that Buffer lets me use the best optimized time , or I can set the time for whenever my message needs to be sent out. What a help!

What do you dislike?

I think there is room for grown in data and analytics. The feedback we get from Buffer isn't as helpful as I wish it could be–and honestly, in this day and age of real-time analytics, should be included (at very least in the paid subscription, which I use) for users of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! The free platform provides a GREAT view of what the paid platform looks like. You'll love it!

Scheduling! My goodness, Buffer helps so much with keeping our schedule running, giving us alerts if a feed is out of posts, and helping keep my social media game taken care of.

Buffer review by User in Dairy
User in Dairy

"Makes organizing Social Media posts more efficient"

What do you like best?

One of the features I like best is the new automatic Instagram posting that has been added in the last few weeks. It has really made posting during peak hours more feasible and consistent. Before, I would receive a reminder to post to Instagram right before the scheduled time and often, I would be busy or not have my phone right next to me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are no image editing options within Buffer itself. They do have Pablo, but it would be nice if it was all in one - Photo Editing (Adding words or image details like other apps do (FontCandy), scheduling social media posts, and perhaps the amount of traffic or interaction each generates to see which are more successful

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the better deals out there for Social Media Scheduling and is very user friendly. It can only improve from here!

We are a small family-owned business that uses Buffer to help expand our brand recognition and increase our social media activity. Since we are smaller, we all have many hats so Buffer decreases the time spent on social media allowing us to focus on other tasks.

Buffer review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Powerful social media management in a simple design"

What do you like best?

The design is clean and simple, allowing me to focus on the content I'm curating rather than on the platform I'm using to manage it.

What do you dislike?

Team collaboration features are lacking some functionality that would help the team be more productive in suggesting, curating, editing, and approving content for distribution. Costs prohibit us from increasing to larger team packages (5 team members is a little too small for our situation).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer focuses on simplicity of design and keeping itself out of the way of your content focus. This is great, although it may not have the "bells and whistles" of competitor products, we found that most of that wasn't really necessary in our case and only got in the way or distracted us from what we needed to focus on.

Coordinating social media across multiple channels with a small team.

Buffer review by Nicole C. S.
Nicole C. S.

"Buffer Ease of Use is Fantastic "

What do you like best?

The best feature by far is the ability to schedule posts on Google Plus. I personally appreciate the browser plugin, so I can cross post content from Facebook to Google Plus, because I can schedule posts in advance on the Facebook platform, but not on the G+ platform, so I cross post the schedule through the plugin integration. The next best thing is the preset schedule defaults, which allow you to post on social networks on preset times.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the inability to archive social media accounts that are inactive. There is no other way to add new social accounts, without deleting the old ones. Deleting accounts destroys years of metric data that could be useful for case studies. We could also possibly re-activate an archived account, but that isn't possible without the option to mark accounts inactive, or archived.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like a great tool to cross post content from Facebook to Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter, the Buffer browser plugin is excellent. You can schedule posts on platforms that don't support scheduling. That makes social media management far more time efficient.

Without a scheduling apparatus on both Pinterest and Google plus, Buffer offered a great solution. You can also assign team members to accounts, so that Twitter, Pinterest, and G+ accounts can be serviced by more than the primary owner. This makes social media management easier and more efficient, because of the aggregation. It is a better interface compared with Hootsuite as well, and I prefer it.

Buffer review by Chloe S.
Chloe S.

"Great for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Buffer is simple to use and easy to learn. I've used Buffer, Hootsuite, Cision, Calendly, and SproutSocial and Buffer is by far the easiest to use.

What do you dislike?

Because of it's simple interface, Buffer is limited in how much social media help it will provide. If you only need to schedule things out and track basic analytics, it's great. If you want to monitor social media channels, grab user-generated content and do more robust reporting, Buffer isn't a great fit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make a list of the features you want in a social media tool--they all cater to different needs. Buffer is no different. If you want an easy to use solution, Buffer is the way to go. Just don't expect it to fully manage everything related to social media. Buffer is a great value, so it's worth trying for a few months to see if it fits your needs well.

I use Buffer for a client of mine and it saves me hours of time that I would have to spend scheduling posts out on multiple platforms. One click and I can schedule posts to 4-5 platforms at the same time. It also gives me a great birds-eye view of which posts are performing well so I can optimize my content. One of the biggest benefits is the time-saving feature of the Content Library which pulls an RSS feed of related topics to post from.

Buffer review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Gains in ease, productivity exceed headaches"

What do you like best?

It takes little time to post to multiple social media sites, and even customize the message for each destination page, using Buffer. The web browser plug-in is a great tool (although it doesn't work all the time).

What do you dislike?

I experience glitches with Buffer every few days, and have had trouble with Buffer not supporting certain social media resources -- had trouble with LinkedIn, in particular, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that all the pages you need to post to are supported.

It was a problem not having enough time to visit and post to every single social media page; it was time consuming and inefficient. Other tools had a high learning curve, exacerbating the problem. With Buffer, it's quick and easy.

Buffer review by Victor Hugo L.
Victor Hugo L.

"A great experience to make easy publications in social networks"

What do you like best?

The most outstanding are the ease of use, the simplicity of its interface and the possibility of quickly changing the order of programming. They are some of the most important aspects that I like best in the use of Buffer. But one of the functions that I like most is to be able to repost with just a click, is the best, especially when we want to republish a post that has been successful before and we can take advantage again easily and quickly.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything about Buffer. The only thing I really would like would be that the free plan might include using at least one RSS feed to feed my personal profiles from specific sources, that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To users of the Buffer platform, I suggest that you take advantage of the benefits of image generation through Pablo, an excellent free tool for creating publications with images and texts online, which provides you with an extensive library of photographs of Quality with a variety of themes, allowing you to easily create messages for many occasions, with the exact measurements for each of the networks. Its integration with Buffer is fantastic, so I recommend it 100%.

Being able to make publications from my computer or from the mobile automatically, by finding valuable content that interests me to share the moment I discover it, the plugin for Google Chrome works perfectly and is very useful to make this possible.

Buffer review by McKenna K.
McKenna K.

"Buffer is Great"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use! Buffer is just a few clicks away from managing your day and tasks for you, especially if you have an online business that revolves around posting at the right time for your target audiences.

What do you dislike?

The signup process is a bit of a hassle but nothing the outcome can't resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You think you're time management is good now? Pfft, try Buffer, I swear you'll free up 3-5 hours of your day by spending 1 hr pre-posting your work on Buffer.

I don't always have the time to post at my personal 'prime times' because...life happens. And when life happens, I rely on Buffer to help me reach my audiences and work my business when I am not able to do it. I often miss prime time, actually, so without buffer, my business would suffer dramatically.

Buffer review by Renee H.
Renee H.

"Social media wizard that's great for reminders!"

What do you like best?

I love that buffer reminds me to post and allows me to schedule posts to keep my feed updated and current. I also like the insights about each post and the timings you've posted, allowing you to know when to post during each day!

What do you dislike?

the free option doesn't have many great features and no trial to know if the business upgrade is worth it.

I've benefited in being able to solve my problems with social media management. I've been able to post at more relevant times which is important for building a brand on social media. Being able to reach more client and people and know which are the best times to post. Scheduling helps with this.

Buffer review by Arun S.
Arun S.

"Buffer is easily a must-have for any kind of digital brand"

What do you like best?

The best part about using Buffer - I can schedule posts to go live as and when I intend it to. Buffer has a some handy browser extensions to speed up the process of sharing links or images. Very handy, to be honest!

What do you dislike?

The pricing could be better. The Buffer Awesome at 10 USD is tad expensive for budding entrepreneurs or freelancers (with not much funding).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer is a great social media marketing tool for anyone. The free plan's more than handy to get started, and the paid plans with Buffer Awesome would work out even better. Buffer is a must-use and I highly suggest you check it out.

I have realized immense results in automating my social media sharing needs. Buffer is open that it taps with various other tools like Zapier and IFTTT for beautiful automation.

Buffer review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Buffer For Web Design Businesses"

What do you like best?

I think one of the best features is the ability to search for relevant articles and automatically add them to the dripfeed. This ensures that content is always coming out at your specified times.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there is a bug that shows up where your browser will display a notification bubble but no new notifications exist. It's purely a cosmetic issue but it can be quite annoying sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely sign up for the Awesome plan, it has a ton of good features that you can't use without it.

One of the main problems that we've had was sourcing content for our daily posts and Buffers built in content sourcing has really helped alleviate that issue.

Buffer review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Buffer saves me time. I love it."

What do you like best?

Buffer helped us to scale our social media strategy, simplify our posting schedules, collaborate across time zones, and test content. I also love the option to rebuffer content either from your own queue or from external sites (like Twitter). It makes filling the queue much easier than other platforms I have used.

What do you dislike?

Overall, I honestly love Buffer. I would highly recommend it. Two improvements I'd love to see are: 1) seeing a unified view of the posting schedule instead of only separately for each platform and 2) allowing advanced tagging for scheduled posts on LinkedIn. On Facebook, I can edit a post to include tags, but it would be great to be able to Buffer a post and tag the person or company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free trial so it's very easy to try for yourself. I also love the Buffer plugin because you can reshare good content when you find it on Twitter or other platforms.

Buffer has simplified and scaled our social media strategy. It allows us to schedule content in advance, plan for different regions, collaborate on the posting calendar, and test content.

Buffer review by Abhinav S.
Abhinav S.

"Automate Social Media Marketing with using Buffer"

What do you like best?

A cross-platform product, the design is clean and simple, allowing me to focus on the content. it's so easy to use. Buffer schedules and publishes your content according to your follower base.It's easy to schedule posts a.

What do you dislike?

I honestly didn't have issues with Buffer. We used the free account so we obviously had some limitations. I really dislike how they seem to be locking out old users from new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's really easy and the support they give is really helpful.

Buffer has solved the issue for me of giving my clients an easy way to see my work across their platforms in one place. We post consistently and faithfully because of Buffer.

Buffer review by Maria H.
Maria H.

"A Simple tool for Social Media Mareting"

What do you like best?

Buffer is a life / time saving content scheduling tool . I like that you can create one post for multiple platforms at the same time. Buffer is just a great way to centralize all your networks so that you don't have to constantly log in to each network to post.

What do you dislike?

A few issues are there with buffer , Itis analytics are not always clear as to what makes something a "top post", but it's still pretty powerful. You're limited in the free version to the number of different accounts you can post to, but it's a great way to trial Buffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buffer is simple and easy to use when starting out with social media scheduling. If you need more time on creating content, and less time posting that content, Buffer is worth it.

We have scheduled content ( from third party blog site + own website ) on our multiple twitter account.

Buffer review by Arturo R.
Arturo R.

"Excellent tool for automating"

What do you like best?

Forget about finding what's the right time to post for each social media platform. Buffer schedules and publishes your content according to your follower base. It finds the best time to ensure highest visibility of your publications, regardless of the day of the week. If you "buffer'" a post on a Sunday, it migh schedule it for Monday morning. However, you still have the option to just publish on the spot.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike on the professional version. The free version doesn't let you see advanced stats to monitor/improve your performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like Klout and Hootsuite. Consider reviewing thouse before making a decision

Posting valuable and pertinent content at the right time without the hassle of planning a schedule for publishing.

Buffer review by Kaila L.
Kaila L.

"Excellent for Scheduling Social media Posts"

What do you like best?

Buffer makes it so easy to schedule social media. The UI is very intuitive, the design and clean, and the features don't get in the way of each other like they sometimes do on other social platforms. Also, I love that their free plan is still very robust.

I also love that even though Instagram doesn't allow 3rd party software to post on your behalf, Buffer has very cleverly created a system for you to schedule posts from your Desktop (and push through their mobile app) anyway. Very creative solution that also saves me a ton of time.

Also, their blog posts and webinars are really well put together and contain a ton of great information.

What do you dislike?

I wish they offered a pricing tier between their $10/month and $99/month. The $10/month really doesn't offer anything I need, but I don't have $99/month in my budget just for easier social analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it! There is no down side if you sign up for a free plan and test it out.

Queuing up our social posts in Buffer saves me a TON of time.

Buffer review by User in Computer Software

"Pretty Good Social Media Manager"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Buffer is that I'm able to manage content from all of my business's social media platforms in one place, and see them in relation to one another-- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. The price point is also low and competitive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how little guidance Buffer provides. I wish that Buffer would provide more direction as to how to better optimize social media marketing and posts. I also wish I would be able to see the success of different social media channels in relation to one another -- right now, I have to switch between looking at different platforms to see analytics and posts for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the free trials of other social media scheduling tools, such as HootSuite and SproutSocial, to be sure that the choice is right for your organization. My organization ended up choosing Buffer because of the lower cost.

My business began using Buffer in order to better organize our social media posts and schedule posts for the future in one place. It is used as a social media marketing scheduling tool and as a tool to communicate the schedule of posts between team members.

Buffer review by Vert H.
Vert H.

"Finding Simplicity in Social Media Content Scheduling"

What do you like best?

Buffer is widely seen as a synonym for social media content scheduling. I especially like the simplicity of its clean yet visually-pleasing UI. Drag and drop your posts to re-arrange, setting a custom time for a post, adjusting posting frequency and time of day can all be accomplished with ease.

I've always found Buffer's customer service agents to be top-notch as well. Of the few occasions where I require assistance, they respond in a quick manner and making me felt like they genuinely cared about the issues at hand.

"Share next" which publishes the post for next in queue while pushing all existing posts back is a very handy function.

List view and Calendar view are both available for scheduling.

I have briefly tried out their business plan with enabled collaborations: submitting post internally for review, etc, which can be handy for large marketing teams. We did not end needing this feature since our team is relatively small.

What do you dislike?

UI can be buggy at times, but usually a quick refresh fixes everything. The stats in the analytics section is inconsistent with the native Facebook stats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is your product if you want a simple solution to content scheduling without too much bells and whistles.

Scheduling our social media posts across several different channels (Facebook, Instagram, Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter) saves a significant amount of time. We are also able to create content in batch and have them distributed evenly down the road instead of flooding our fans with too much information at once.

Buffer review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"My favorite social media tool"

What do you like best?

I love Buffer. My favorite features: (1) I can add Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram accounts (2) I can create a regular posting schedule for each profile instead of having to add a posting date and time for each individual post (3) I can schedule posts (4) I can load 200 posts and then shuffle them so they are more random than I entered them (5) they provide great analytics and (6) I really love that I can rebuffer published posts with one click.

What do you dislike?

We really need full scheduled posting for Instagram. The reminders can easily get lost in other activities of the day and/or the phone notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tried a lot of social media tools because recommending resources is a major feature of the business consulting services I provide. I have been using Buffer for 5 years and still love it. In fact, I review social media tools annually to see if there is a better option available and although another tool may surface that has a cool new feature, Buffer consistently rises above all their competition.

I am very busy serving clients but also want to be highly visible on social media. Buffer allows me to sustain my presence and remain productive. I also recommend Buffer to most of my clients so they can focus on profitable tasks and not get sucked into spending hours on social media.

Buffer review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Buffer has helped me saved a lot of time on social media"

What do you like best?

The free account of Buffer is already saving me a lot of time in social media. And this is definitely something that is worth checking out. Buffer allows me to connect my Twitter, Facebook page updates, Linkedin Updates and Google+ updates and have a centralized dashboard of posting my updates. I can also schedule it to be sent at a time that resonates best with my readers. The analytics feature of Buffer is also a great way that has helped me analyzed what updates are getting the most engagement. And it's also very easy to send updates to Buffer because of the Chrome extension and the Buffer app when your on a mobile device.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the limited platform on the free account, particularly it doesn't have Pinterest. Pinterest is really huge in social media and I guess if it's something that you want, then going for the Paid version of Buffer might be something that is worth looking into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to save time on posting your social media updates, you'll definitely want to check out this tool

Social media marketing involves not just sending the most updates on your social channels. You have to do it in a way that would attract your readers. Buffer has allowed me to find the best updates for my social media readers and to schedule them properly or at a time so that I don't have to manually send updates everyday. This strategy has helped me saved a lot of time and focus more on other areas of my online business.

Buffer review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for scheduling social media posts in advance"

What do you like best?

I love Buffer because it is a huge time saver. Rather than posting everything manually, I can just upload stuff in advance and have it post at predetermined times. I also like their Chrome extension - if you find something on the web that you want to share, you can just use the extension and schedule it right away.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that they don't offer the ability to recycle your most popular content or create different queues that you can load to different social accounts. This feature would make Buffer a lot better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that are you are familiar with different social media rules. For example, Facebook recently changed their rules about link customization. This isn't Buffer's fault, but it will impact how you use the software, so stay on top of these changes.

I am saving a lot of time, plus with their analytics, I can see which posts perform the best with my audience.

Buffer review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Buffer let's you schedule your social media and forget it!"

What do you like best?

I love Buffer for promoting my new podcasts. It's easy to connect all of your accounts (I use Buffer for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn).

The day I have a new podcast come out. I log into buffer schedule all my social media for the week and let buffer do its job. It takes me about 20-minutes. The cool part is when Buffer has posted all my social media updates, they send me an email letting me know that it's time to add more.

At the end of the week, I look at the analytics for all my post so I know what posts got the best response.

What do you dislike?

The Instagram posting is a bit clunky, but at least they offer Instagram posting. It's a two-step process. You upload an Instagram post to your Buffer. Buffer app tells you when it is time. You log into the app and imports your post to Instagram.

Honestly, Instagram does not make it easy to schedule a post so this solution is better than nothing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy solution to promote new content, Buffer is amazing for that purpose. I highly recommend it.

Promoting new content without having to do it manually. I'm still new to this process of using Buffer this way. I hope it's getting my content seen by more people.

Buffer review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Clean, Concise Social Tools at an Affordable Price"

What do you like best?

To be honest, we've reached a point where most social media management tools all share a similar set of tools and features that are to be expected. Buffer's killer advantage is their no-nonsense, clean and to the point take on what a social platform can be. I can curate content from my usual sources directly within Buffer, add content to queues across the major networks, and set up post automation based on user activity and engagement patterns. Dead simple and it works.

What do you dislike?

This simplicity comes at the cost of some flexibility, but nothing feature breaking. Some of the monitoring tools and functionality could be a bit more robust to allow you to follow conversations across designated hashtags or accounts, however I'd imagine this functionality might come at the cost of some of the simplicity that I love.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Content Inbox functionality to fill your favorite sites and content sources for an always-flowing stream of post ideas. Great for those days where you need to schedule posts but have no inspiration.

Daily overhead for our business social accounts has dropped to next to nothing. I can curate, schedule, and post all of my content for the week ahead with about an hour's time the week prior. This puts some time back into my schedule which is nice, but the most important thing is that Buffer allows me to ensure we maintain a consistent posting schedule for our audiences across networks.

Buffer review by Nikola W.
Nikola W.

"Great for Small Business"

What do you like best?

I love the easy of use of Buffer and it's wonderful for small teams who need to be across a number of social media channels, but don't need to have the bells and whistles of everything else that Hootsuite has (things you don't use). The cost per month is great!

What do you dislike?

Only thing I don't dislike is the face you can't tag in a Facebook page when you schedule a post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you need heavy analytics and is it imperative that you be able to tag other Facebook pages in your posts.

It's great to have RSS feeds come through which we can share instantly and also great to have the Google Chrome extension to easily store a heap of content ready to buffer.

Buffer review by Jimmy W.
Jimmy W.

"Simple, intuitive social scheduling"

What do you like best?

Buffer has brought simplicity to social scheduling. If you've used Hootsuite or Tweetdeck you know that those dashboards can get incredibly involved and "busy" (though they're great for monitoring.) Buffer is the total minimalist take on social scheduling. You set your publishing times (or let them select for you,) select how many times per day you want to schedule, and you fill up your queue. That's it. It saves time and effort over the others by outlining your times for each day instead of having to select each time.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is not much I can complain about when it comes to Buffer itself, but I'm very bummed that they nixed Buffer's companion app, Daily. If I'm not mistaken they were curating the content "by hand," which meant that depending upon your interests there was always something interesting and topical that you could share easily into your Buffer queue. Presumably it didn't make enough business sense, because they eventually did away with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something simple and very intuitive, Buffer has got you covered. If you need a robust social monitoring dashboard, you'll likely have more luck with other products.

At the moment I have a single client for whom I use Buffer, and it's incredibly simple to queue up a week's worth of Tweets in just a few minutes and not need to worry about it again until next week. That's really it; It saves me time and mental bandwidth.

Buffer review by Drew B.
Drew B.

"Perfect software for social media publishing and analytics"

What do you like best?

Buffer invented the concept of a social "queue" and Chrome extension — they've become the clear leader in the social publishing space.

They are also a great resource and thought leader on the strategy side of things.

What do you dislike?

I mainly use their calendar view, which still has some major bugs and will mess up every so often and they haven't been addressed still since it launched.

I wish they were better able to aggregate the social accounts for analytics — I know they're working on a new analytics platform currently, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool — at least try the free version.

Social Media Management

Social Publishing

Brand Awareness

Increasing Brand Value

Buffer review by Amanda R.
Amanda R.

"Up your Social Media Automation with Buffer"

What do you like best?

I am a very busy person holding down a myriad of jobs, including upholding my social media presence for my coaching business. But I don't always have full access (or the time to be honest) to make posts during optimal peak points for my particular audience. Enter Buffer. Buffer has helped me be in 2 places at once, where I can schedule my posts ahead of time, schedule them when I believe my target audience will see them, and have it effectively post on my behalf even while I am busy doing something else. Plus, the feedback analysis on how popular my posts were and ideal times to post have been very insightful to help me reach more people.

What do you dislike?

I am a fan of free services, and although Buffer is by far my favorite auto-scheduling software, I can only link up at most 3 social media accounts before I need to pay for the full suscription service. Also, I do not necessarily like that I cannot schedule posts to a Facebook page via my mobile device. That does put a bit of a damper on my on-the-go lifestyle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy, intuitive social media auto-scheduler, Buffer is a perfect platform to schedule AND learn more about the best times to reach your audience.

Reaching my target audience at the right time with their full attention - Brand awareness

Buffer review by Brandon A.
Brandon A.

"Mostly useful, but much more expensive than the other options."

What do you like best?

I loved the smart scheduling aspect, and the user interface in general. It was SUPER easy to connect all my accounts, and get posting immediately. I also liked being able to tailor posts for each account.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit more expensive than the other options out there for what I count tell to be very similar services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say if your'e looking for a team application, this is the one to go with. It was just a little bit too expensive for our organization.

It allowed me to have on place to update every single social media account we have. It worked beautifully! I really liked that it would tailor each post to each different outlet -- sizing photos, making sure I had the correct number of words, all that stuff.

Buffer review by Rob F.
Rob F.

"Buffer is more than it seems and then some!"

What do you like best?

Buffer is used for content curation and scheduling posts for social media. The chrome extension makes the ability to find quality content very easy to share. As you browse the internet and find an interesting read or graphic you simply buffer it and your post is scheduled.

However, Buffer is so much more than that. Yes you can schedule posts to go out at different times and check your feeds to see optimal times to share etc. Yes you can stock up on the posts and only send a few out a day. But the real magic that I found beyond the typical use of Buffer is scheduled advertising. I do a lot of presenting across the nation and when I am in the middle of a conference I don't have the time to post to my social media. Before I leave for my conference I schedule several posts with the presentation information in regards of where to find me etc. I then add the conference hashtag and schedule for a few days before the conference, a few days during the conference and then a thank you for after the conference. It works like a charm and I get a lot of likes and follows because of it.

What do you dislike?

Buffer used to have the ability to attach RSS feeds and then choose content right from the buffer app. I miss that feature. I also am not a real fan of the mobile version of Buffer. I do 99% of Buffer work on my laptop or desktop. The app is a little dull and not very user friendly. I also wish they had not done away with a separate Buffer app that shared great content that you could add to your scheduled posts with just the swipe of the article left or right. I understand that Buffer is not a content curation tool as much as a scheduling tool, but those features were nice.

Also the instagram section does not work very well. you can not set articles to run without having original graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the money and does exactly what is says it is going to do.

The biggest benefit/problem solved is clearly the use of pre scheduled advertising for speeches and conference workshops. I can set more people to come to my sessions with social media posts scheduled to blast off at certain times prior to my sessions.

Buffer review by Sidharth B.
Sidharth B.

"The social media tool for beginners"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is phenomenal. For a person who has just started using social media automation. The free version gives you more or less everything you need to schedule and track your content.

What do you dislike?

The instagram functionality needs improvement.

Posting fails at times and then you need to manually schedule the post on that particular platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best social media scheduling tool if you need multiple connected accounts and you don't have any budget to spare on such tools.

Scheduling and tracking social media content on multiple social platforms for clients who have zero budget to spare on such tools.

Buffer review by Ashlie P.
Ashlie P.

"Simple and Easy to Use Social Media Scheduling"

What do you like best?

How the user interface is very easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

There are some big limitations such as not being able to customize copy going to a specific platform (i.e. wanting to use hashtags on a twitter post, but not facebook or linkedin without having to do a whole second post creation.

The inability to easily locate and share content from outside sources.

The analytics are also lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a wonderful simple Social Media scheduler and very affordable, however, if you want advanced functionality, it's not the greatest.

It was my primary scheduler for a long time, now I use it for overflow when I have groups going in excess of the accounts I have on my other software.

Buffer review by User

"A great solution to take your social media to the next level"

What do you like best?

Buffer is simple to use. The user interface is simple, the tool is user friendly, and the features can save you time, help you keep your social media scheduling organized, and give you basic engagement insights to your different channels. The graphic designing tool Pablo is also headed in the right direction. Their blog is a great source of information with tool features, marketing trends, and useful tips on subjects like productivity. Their browser plugin works very well. I usually recommend Buffer during my social media workshops.

What do you dislike?

The free version of Buffer has the option to subscribe to only one RSS feed. I think this is quite limited, they should give the option to add more feeds. This feature doesn't seem to work with Google alerts either. The Pablo tool could borrow some great features from other tools like Canva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent tool if you wish to take your social media to the next level. They keep updating the tool with very useful features, and their blog is a great source of information.

I use Buffer on a daily basis for promoting my blog content on Social Media. The Re-Buffer feature allows me to recycle blog content in an easy and effortless way. it's a great time-saver that allows me to keep sending content via my social networks.