Bugsnag

Bugsnag's cross platform error monitoring automatically detects crashes in your applications, letting you ship with confidence.

Work for Bugsnag?

Learning about Bugsnag?

Bugsnag Reviews

Ask Bugsnag a Question
Showing 20 Bugsnag reviews
Bugsnag review by Vita	 M.
Vita M.

"The powerful error control."

What do you like best?

For me, it is a very easy way to automatically collect diagnostics. Working well with web and mobile which really suit me so much. I can see all situation about errors by first reason. Also, I have a chance to track release health.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad issue with this software. But explanation about working tools should be more simple. Generally the productivity of that platform doing everything that we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really very powerful. Will always give you the best picture of errors. So you will know from where they come and how you should solve them. I guess you will enjoy working with automatic diagnostic. I recommend it to you.

Perfect that we have a much better monitoring system for the mistake. Much easy to know the way from where errors come from. We guess it is the best solution which helps us to solve an error. Wonderful to work with the clear way and with no harm.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bugsnag
Bugsnag review by Del R.
Del R.

"Focused on error monitoring."

What do you like best?

The fast way to capture unhandled and processing mistakes. great that I can automatically collect diagnostic information. Also, I guess the more important step that I can see how many times an fault happens.

What do you dislike?

A wonderful and useful tracking system which works very well. I'm glad that I can take very helpful advice from support service. Product work right and doesn't have any bad issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this platform, you will always have a good system of manage workflow more effective. Also, you will be informed of regressions when resolved mistakes come back again. The better way to diagnose and solve errors in very short time.

We like the idea of make problems in our issue tracker of choice immediately from that platform. We like that all mistakes in this solution are automatically marked as fixed in our error tracker, and vice versa. Big help for our team.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

Bugsnag review by Roland M.
Roland M.

"Deliver high quality software with bugsnag"

What do you like best?

The excellent function of automatic application diagnostics. It checks your application and makes a log of errors. You can easily view their frequency and how much the user has suffered from this error. Bugsnag simplifies your work with bugs, you can group them, track or solve one click of the mouse.

What do you dislike?

After the upgrade, the user interface became a bit uncomfortable. I think it's because I'm used to the old version. In the rest the service is excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service has a two-week free version. We searched for a suitable service for a long time and stopped our choice for bugsnag. It is very simple to use and performs all the tasks assigned to it.

We use bugsnag to monitor errors in mobile applications. We have a small development team and this service is so good for us. We integrated our project with bugsnag in just one day. The support team helped us very much.

Bugsnag review by Adolfo T.
Adolfo T.

"Bug's checking in one place"

What do you like best?

Excellent filtering error and notification of new messages. Bugsnag simplifies the categorization errors and easily integrates with tracking and command problems sending messages.

Bugsnag is very easy to set up and maintain; It has powerful search capabilities and slotting mechanisms with lots of additional information. It holds everything you need to know about errors that it monitors, and comes with API and data export capabilities for use in dashboards, etc.

What do you dislike?

I would like to specifically note that many functions of this service are not documented well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A strong solution for the company which developing own software and have own quality assurance engineers. It is a big bug finder and has really fast work to address them. A good platform for automated diagnostics.

We just use it for error notification. Further debugging was not really useful, thanks to Bugsnag.

Bugsnag review by Kraig P.
Kraig P.

"A good option for your project"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use just one application to control errors of web sites, mobile and server applications. You always see a graph in front of your eyes with complete information about your projects. With BugSnag, we began to respond faster to errors and quickly eliminate them. There is an opportunity to test every release and choose whether to publish it.

What do you dislike?

Not very clear manual, I did not find a description of some functions. We often have problems with the error-correction algorithm on JS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product's durability is not large and fully pays off its functionality. You should try it.

We have more time to deal more with new chips and the addition of new functionality. Monitoring errors now does not take so much time, and their correction has become much easier. We use it for different platforms (JS, PHP, React and some others).

Bugsnag review by Dorice F.
Dorice F.

"Good and useful software."

What do you like best?

I like the way of creating a good software for me and my users. Its always was good to have diagnostic. Also, I like to find and resolve our mistake direct. Better to solve than make them grow.

What do you dislike?

Honest,I like everything on this software. Really works well and right. Everything that I need I have. Very good skills which are easy to use and understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The strong solution for the company. Very good to work with. Great finder of mistakes and fast work on solving them. Very good platform for automatic diagnostic.

Great ability to work on our mistakes. Good and clear work of our team can bring a good way to increase our work. The good helper to find problems. Always good to have a good support.

Bugsnag review by Russell P.
Russell P.

"Monitoring for software"

What do you like best?

Gives me straightway to develop software quality for my users.Also, I can easily and automatically pick diagnostics. And fix group mistakes by basis cause.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say bad about that software. Everything is correct with that one. The platform works for our needs.I have people who like to use it too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The great Software for a company and any working team. Strongly works to resolve our mistakes. Perfect that we have the ability for automatically collect diagnostics. Evaluating the influence of each mistake.I recommend it to have.

Helps to all my team working right. Also if we are having an error. I have a chance to find it and at the right time to fix them. So we see how our performance at work can increase.

Bugsnag review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Pretty Good Product for Capturing & Monitoring Exceptions"

What do you like best?

It was pretty easy to integrate once you get the configuration correct. And the web site for monitoring/reviewing exceptions is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Getting the configuration correct in some cases was not easy. The documentation on their website can use definite improvement in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The account changes made recently are helpful; makes the product a bit cheaper and easier to use with a team.

And, plan to get everyone on the team access. Many of the tools work best when everyone is able to see the information captured.

This helped us monitor our production site so that, as exceptions occurred, we knew about them without waiting for (or hoping for) bug reports. By including this monitoring in testing environments, we were able to fix a number of issues that we would not have known about otherwise.

In short, this tool helped us provide a better product to our users.

Bugsnag review by David L.
David L.

"OK but needs some work for Golang"

What do you like best?

In Go it's really easy to integrate BugSnag with the logrus library. We can then hook up Bugsnag to Pagerduty to notify our on call if there is a sudden spike in errors.

What do you dislike?

The information Bugsnag captures in Go isn't that useful. Stack traces can be misleading. I'd like to track multiple levels of log in Bugsnag but not necessarily report them all through to Pagerduty (i.e. I'd like to also capture warnings but not have them ping the on call). It's very much an all or nothing tool that can only be configured at a coarse level.

Additionally the options for when it should notify aren't that useful. The option for exponential backoff on the notifications seem to be "for all time" whereas it would be more useful if it reset after a short period. If the errors settled down and we didn't see any for a week, I want a single new instance of the same error to notify me again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know there are alternatives but I haven't tried any up to now. Support across the board for Golang is still generally not great but as it improves it'll be worth keeping an eye on other solutions.

We're really just using it for notification of errors. Further debugging hasn't really been that useful through Bugsnag.

Bugsnag review by Rob M.
Rob M.

"Useful tool for reporting production exceptions to the team"

What do you like best?

Bugsnag is a simple tool that does one thing well, namely capture all the of the information around exceptions in a production Ruby on Rails app. For each exception, it captures

* request that caused it

* rails stack trace

* session information, devices, browser info.

* frequency of exception

It also notices when you deploy, so that you can ignore older bugsnags after a deploy, and allows for custom fields to be reported in the bugsnag, which we use to correlate the bugsnag to particular customers.

What do you dislike?

Again - not much to dislike. Bugsnag is a simple tool that does one thing well.

There is a workflow aspect to the product that we've pretty much ignored. Instead, we fix bugsnags as they occur, so that features around managing hundreds of them aren't interesting to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does what it does, doesn't cost too much, no problems. There might be other services that do this, but this one has been reliable, so we've not looked around. In 4 years or more of using it, we haven't had to contact support even once.

* proactive notification of system problems, so that we can fix them before our customers notice.

* collecting debugging information in production so that we can reproduce the problems back on our development environment

Bugsnag review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Easy Bug Monitoring & Integration"

What do you like best?

Its simple to integrate with PHP and I really like the ability to push extra user data to each error report to help us figure out why certain user types are having issues. Also extremely affordable which made it an easy ask to management. I also really like being able to create custom filters to search that extra data being pushed to the error. That way you can search by user email, user group, pricing, etc.

What do you dislike?

UI could use work and the email notification system could be improved to provide more detail. It seems on/off as to whether or not you get email notifications and if the bug is truly new.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the affordable price. It has really been helpful debugging production issues that only affect certain types of users that are hard to replicate in our own QA testing.

We are using it to monitor all our PHP applications and provide us with bug reports real-time. We use them to debug complex user-specific bugs and push extra data with the errors to give greater insight. Their integration with PHP is great with composer and is very flexible. We are able to push additional details like user information, server data, etc to help us debug and the out of the box data that is logged is great too. It has been very helpful in fixing issues so far, we have it on about 6 projects to date in production.

Bugsnag review by David C.
David C.

"Reliable and convenient alerts, with awesome interface"

What do you like best?

- Alerts come via email when error happens and it's been quite reliable for these past year.

- This might be subjective, but the interface is really good compared to their other competitors.

- They have a really reasonable free-tier plan

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if they could also monitor background jobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NewRelic

Our development team gets an alert before our tester notifies us when an error is discovered. This really helps to put things in context, and understand the tester why they submit what they submit, what is the expectations, and really shortens the fix-and-check cycle.

Bugsnag review by User in Computer Software

"Solid entry as a bug review and collation service, with extras"

What do you like best?

Bugsnag is very simple to set up and maintain; it has powerful search capabilities and workflow mechanisms, with lots of additions information required. It stores everything you could need to know about the bugs that it tracks and comes with an API and the abilities to export data for use on dashboards etc.

What do you dislike?

The API can be a little cumbersome and the documentation isn't awesome at times. Many of the features that are on use on the site don't appear to be documented, and we had to watch the network requests to work out how to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is becoming a very crowded field and there are many competitors in this space; bugsnag is a solid entry and is very reliable.

It's a simple central repository for all of our bugs, which makes it easy to track and get more information about any problem that the app is having, and make sure we are not double handling our fixes.

Bugsnag review by User in Financial Services

"BugSnag filled the needs for our frontend subproduct"

What do you like best?

I, as a developer mainly doing frontend, enjoyed the simplicity of adding tracking to our Angular app (we did it slightly differently from how it was suggested, though, we decorated the log provider to send any error level message as an error). The integrations (with Slack) are nice.

What do you dislike?

Some issues that are probably on our side – we keep seeing local errors there (but not always), probably a bug in our check which environment it is, but TBH, it doesn't really bother that much because we can sort by Production or Live.

BugSnag allowed us to easily understand if a release is faulty as we saw spikes of certain errors. This allowed us to react faster to failing and improve our users' experience.

Bugsnag review by User in Financial Services

"BugSnag at a startup"

What do you like best?

Production error monitoring, automated ticket creation, understanding the impact of the bug

What do you dislike?

The new UI, error grouping algorithm is not very accurate, especially for JavaScript.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We partly switched from BugSnag to Rollbar. Loving it.

How do bugs impact our customers, faster detection, faster fixing.

Bugsnag review by Nicholas C.
Nicholas C.

"Great filtering and notifications"

What do you like best?

Great filtering of bugs and notification of new errors. Bugsnag makes it easy to categorise errors and integrates with issue tracking and team messaging seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

It's not always obvious what filters are applied which has caused us to miss things occasionally

Software monitoring and quality assurance. Automatic logging of errors into bug tracking

Bugsnag review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great product, simple to use and reliable"

What do you like best?

I love how reliable it is and how we can quickly debug issues in our code base.

What do you dislike?

One thing that annoys us is how complex the interface is getting. It used to be simple but shortcuts keep changing and the UI is getting very cluttered with data we don't need. Another thing is that the application is getting slower overtime which makes us come back less often.

We track issue on our Staging/Production environments and we can easily figure out if something is wrong.

Bugsnag review by G2 Crowd User in Computer & Network Security
G2 Crowd User in Computer & Network Security

"Developer"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, and the ability to be able to prioritize.

What do you dislike?

When you reset all the bugs in order to see what is actually coming through, the old urls throw 500s.

User-facing bugs are fixed a lot quicker since we are able to see them. Also, we are able to prioritize when we see everything that is coming in.

Bugsnag review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great tool for bug tracking "

What do you like best?

It's easy to setup with our laravel installation, and it's simple to find each error and drill down into the details to find what we need to fix the issues

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to dislike a tool like bugsnag, but we could probably benefit from some advanced reporting.

It's much easier to find and crush bugs, and mark them as fixed.

Bugsnag review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Great easy to use tool"

What do you like best?

Bug snag is very intuitive and resolved so many problems for me.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Maybe a nicer platform would be nice.

Project planning

Learning about Bugsnag?

* We monitor all Bugsnag reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.