Bugzilla

Bugzilla is server software designed to help you manage software development.

Work for Bugzilla?

Showing 81 Bugzilla reviews
Bugzilla review by <span>Deepak C.</span>
Deepak C.

Awesome Bug tracking tool

What do you like best?

Bugzilla is one of the best and top rated Bug filing and tracking tool, which is very much used in most of the top tier companies

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as such, but its good if we query the filed bugs using Location, IP etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bugzilla is a very useful and helpful bug tracking tool. Its easy to file bugs, track the bugs based on reporter, assignee, dev, and we can create multiple sub releases under bugzilla for tracking bugs under each specific release, thereby minimizing the effort for any management leader to go and look each bug. Its widely used in most of the software companies, and day by day more number of users are depending on bugzilla for their every day bug activity :)

Using bugzilla, its makes most of our bug filing and tracking duties easier. Its easy to file a bug, query bugs based on reporter or assignee, overall a very usefull tool

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Bugzilla
Bugzilla review by <span>Андрей .</span>
Андрей .

It's pretty simple, but it works

What do you like best?

Main is its price, or rather there is no price, It totally FREE, also it open source. Bugzilla has excellent community support. It is very convenient that the bug list is also available in the iCal format and I immediately see all the errors in my calendar. At the end of the day, I can see how much I spent on fixing this bug, it improves my productivity.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the weak integration with Github. Also, it has not a very convenient standard review. At once I had problems with automatic duplicate detection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty simple, but most importantly, it works and does it well. If you have a small budget, you should try Bugzilla. But first, find a good administrator or a person who has already worked with Bugzilla, this will help you very much.

First, we used it only to track errors, but with the time we also optimized working processes, monitoring, and reporting.I control the work of other departments and receive weekly reports by e-mail.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

Bugzilla review by <span>Haresh S.</span>
Haresh S.

Filtration system at its best

What do you like best?

Email notifications are perfect and on time without any delay or hassle and suits the need perfectly.I normally used the advanced search option to keep track of all the errors and wide range of formats for the bug list ,11 localizations in the tool help me to fix and recover the old lost data and most of the times provide informative reports and information and a lot of add-on which makes the tasks easier

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is pretty slow ,outdated and inefficient and lags a lot ,bug navigation complexity is more and less of customization and i could use only the pre-built in features and not much more than that and the plugins are also limited which is quite a troublesome experience for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has patch viewer,supports bug fix in different file formats ,and also does automatic duplicate bug detection which identifies if there is a mismatch in the data and could potentially watch other mainstream data

Helps a lot in test case management with help of an extension called testopia and can be used for ERP as well,The maintenance of the website is continuously taken care by the bugzilla and provides suggestions as well

Bugzilla review by <span>sourav s.</span>
sourav s.

The product is best for issue raising purpose

What do you like best?

The issue raising process of this product is so efficient that any rookie in the technical field can raise the issue without any problem. If gmail has been configured in the tool, person related to the issue will get the email related to the issue raised. Rest API is also available. Get an email about any change made in Bugzilla.

You can estimate how many hours a bug will take to fix, and then keep track of the hours you spend working on it. You can also set a deadline that a bug must be complete by.Bugzilla supports the ability to move a bug from one Bugzilla installation to another. This even works across versions, you can move a bug from a Bugzilla 2.16 installation to a Bugzilla 3.0 installation without having to do any manual work.

What do you dislike?

Agile planning and reporting is not possible. We cannot customize the dashboard. These are one of the reason I some times think switching to other software would be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Bugzilla is easy to go. Only thing it need is to do lot of development in the field of UI.

Internal technical issue raised through Bugzilla.

Bugzilla review by <span>Elio Q.</span>
Elio Q.

Old-skool but established

What do you like best?

I like that email etiquette is applied on Bugzilla by the way it feels. It feels like sending an email to colleagues, but this happening in a bug tracker. It might lose a lot of casuality this way, but it actually is a great way to avoid clutter.

What do you dislike?

User Interface is outdated and needs vast improvements. The initial learning curve is quite steep as well. I had a hard time refining my search settings when searching for bugs, which might be a little bit of an experiment.

We are using Bugzilla at Mozilla and it's a great way to track things without too much clutter. We can work on issues and bugs from our emails as well if needed, which helps a lot when there are various communication channels.

Bugzilla review by <span>Harikrishnan P.</span>
Harikrishnan P.

Very good bug tracker

What do you like best?

I have been using Bugzilla for last 4 years. It has all features I need. Email notification is a great feature. So the person who manages the project and CC list will get notification for new bug reporting, bug status change and comments. Comments enables us for a discussion within a bug. It supports LDAP login which is very useful. In addition to that there is project versioning option which helps us to group bugs according to software version.

What do you dislike?

Bugzilla is little heavy compared to new web applications. It takes more time to load. UI is not attractive. I don't see any option to change theme. Bugzilla is not single window application. Hence it has to reload every page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free. Easy to use and easy to setup. Email notification is really useful feature. LDAP support is there so no need to create user accounts.

I'm using Bugzilla for mainly bug tracking and for discussion about the bug. Also I use it for suggesting possible solution for the bug using comments. Email notification helps me to skip mailing the developer manually after submission of a bug. LDAP support is very good. So I don't have to create buzilla account for every team member.

Learning about Bugzilla?

* We monitor all Bugzilla reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.