Building Engines

Building Engines helps you take control of building operations and tenant service by automating the hundreds of tasks through a single integrated platform.

Work for Building Engines?

Learning about Building Engines?

Building Engines Reviews

Ask Building Engines a Question
Showing 65 Building Engines reviews

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

I like to functionality and the ease of using the interface. Building Engine has change the way our company operates operationally and from Management. We are now a paperless system each department has implemented building engines as well. not only are we paperless but we operate more efficiently as a company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new look, it makes the ease of functionality a little more complex.not only are we paperless but we operate more efficiently as a company. That is the only thing I dislike only because the new look it seems more complicated to use and also understand what the icons mean. But on the old look everything was pretty straightforward and actually I am still using the old look versus the new look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend building engines even though it doesn't seem like it is a big name in the business we were recommended this by another property management company who highly recommended building engines based off of the ease and as well as the cost.

We went paperless as a result of switching over to Building Engines. It has saved us at least 20 hour each week a man power. is to also help as well as which specific personnel was working the most completing the most work tickets and had the higher efficiency during a workday. We also use this as a factor and it's determining the reviews at the end of each year.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Building Engines
Building Engines review by Christopher D. M.
Christopher D. M.

"Building management at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you are able to set up and have everything you need to make running a property very easy. From COI’s to work orders, it takes a stress of not knowing that’s going on and when on a daily basis. Building staff have their own logins in order to stay informed with daily duties and management can track task that have been completed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike their mobile app, it’s missing features from the web portal such as looking up COI’s, and their mobile site is not that user friendly.

I work 10-6 as a security officer for a holding company, having access to Building Engines I am able to keep track of what’s going on in the building , know what work has been authorized or not.

What Property Management solution do you use?

Building Engines review by Demetrio M.
Demetrio M.

"Hassle free building management"

What do you like best?

Having all the tools you could possibly need to manage your property is great. They also have the mobile app which makes it even easier. Beeing able to check for certificates of insurance for vendors who are trying to do work in the building is a life saver!

What do you dislike?

I wished the mobile all was as detailed as the web version of this system.

Assigning work orders to engineers and building porters keeps everything flowing perfectly. No more excuses.

Building Engines review by Donna B.
Donna B.

"Working with Building Engines has made Tenant Services easier and matters comprehensible."

What do you like best?

User friendly! The ability to create and make changes, whether it be added a building/property, or making changes within a work order.

What do you dislike?

You can only set up an out of office time span one at a time. Would be AWESOME to be able to create several vacation schedules for one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this system. The people........the Building Engines team is exceptional! From the team that walked us through the product to understand how BEI would benefit us, to the team that helped us set it all up, and finely the support team. The product......this system is by far more comprehensive than the other work order system we used. Building Engines has so many uses, besides creating and tracking work orders. Each property can be set up as its own web page with property information, property management information, etc. Fabulous system!

Business Problem Solved: Property Managers are more apt to use Building Engines as it is easier and more comprehensive to use the other system previously used.

Realized Benefits: See above, plus the ease of Building Engines saves so much time!

Building Engines review by Cynthia L.
Cynthia L.

"Could be more user friendly"

What do you like best?

All my buildings are listed on a single page for easy viewing.

What do you dislike?

1) Adding a vendor COI can be frustrating because you have to either upload them as a Tenant COI, or set them up as a Vendor then add their COI, which is too many steps. If I upload them as a Tenant COI, Tenants will receive notifications about their expiring COI when it's really a Vendor they have used in the past.

2) If a Tenant submits a work order then adds an attachment, I will receive an email for the initial work order created then a separate email for ever attachment they enter. So if a work order has three attachments I will receive 4 emails about the work order, then if a comment is added to that work order, I will receive an additional four emails. It's just too many emails.

3) Not all Tenants are notified when I enter a comment into their work order, which is very frustrating.

4) Whenever I search for COIs, the default building is the last building profile I visited, if I'm searching for multiple COIs I have to either keep changing the building after every search or create a bunch of duplicate pages.

5) The only time a Tenant sees my comment is if I email them using the "share" feature, but then their response will be emailed back to me, keeping everybody else out of the loop.

6) Leases aren't shown as in the system until the lease dates and rent amount are entered

It's a single platform for all our Management needs. All work orders, leases, COIs, incident reports, Tenant files, etc. are all in the same site, which is nice.

Building Engines review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"Building Engines makes my job so much easier"

What do you like best?

Building Engines provides a long overdue software solution to managing buildings. It's very user intuitive and is scalable for as complex or streamlined as the properties we manage. The ability to be mobile is probably the best feature for our engineers, while allowing our tenants to constantly see what is going on with their work orders.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Building Engines, but I do wish the mobile application looked more modern and had more of the features that the website does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Building Engines is constantly adding features and making existing features better at no additional cost to us. This is a huge reason to stick with them in the years to come.

Building Engines allows us to keep track of all of our janitorial and engineering work orders in an easy to use tracking system. This is cut down substantially on the amount of time it takes the Work Orders to be completed, as well as preventing WOs to fall through the cracks or not be followed up on. Having the tenant complete a survey after the WO is completed allows the tenants to immediately give us feedback on the work, which let's them know we take their issues seriously and can fix the issue if they are unsatisfied.

Building Engines review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use, especially the mobile app. I can create work orders and report incidents on the spot rather than bringing everything back to my desk.

What do you dislike?

There are some features such as certain notifications, that can only be set up on the back end. I'd like to be able to tailor who gets certain notifications from the user level.

Building engines is streamlining our work order system and our efficiency.

Building Engines review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Tenant Services Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to manage everything in our buildings from one location. It's one magic portal for repairs, maintenance, insurance and other features yet to be explored.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I find frustrating is that if I'm searching through old/closed files, and I want to go back, hitting the "back" button on my browser takes me to the original page, and I have to re-enter the search parameters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch it in action with a similar partner in business. Make sure they know how to use it properly. Have it demonstrated to show all benefits.

We are streamlining our operation, improving and expanding tenant communications and utilizing all important aspects of BE (important to us at this moment). The benefit is that I can communicate and plan with many different people/vendors at one time, and from one portal.

Building Engines review by Alexandra K.
Alexandra K.

"Building Engines for Property Management"

What do you like best?

The ease of submitting work orders and the continual follow up via email. Great for quick and effective communication between tenants, building management, and vendors or contractors

What do you dislike?

All features are very user friendly and well priced for services provided

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very user friendly with online availability and apps for smart phone. Streamlined communication between all members of property management teem and outside points of contact

Communication and efficiency issues

Building Engines review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"Extremely useful software, well-designed if not completely intuitive "

What do you like best?

Excellent and robust features that have made our experience with tenants and vendors far simpler.

What do you dislike?

Package isn't always super intuitive, could probably stand to have features cleaned up and updated for better useability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure tenants/end-users are well trained and understand the capabilities of the software.

Reaching all tenants at once, getting work requests from tenants, keeping track of tenant information.

Building Engines review by Sandra J.
Sandra J.

"My Building Engines Review"

What do you like best?

Use of the daily functions is uncomplicated. Information needed is available at a glance. I like the notifications and technical support is always there when I need them.

What do you dislike?

Reporting functions are not very helpful and there are so many to go through while looking for something I can use. The tenant side of the program seems to be lacking. There is not a tenant contact report. Setting up affiliate tenant companies and tying the users together is not extremely user friendly.

Tracking amount of time a work order is open and sharing information with other individuals. We are able to track amount of time a work order is open, the notifications feature is nice and a good safety net to help us reach our goals.

Building Engines review by Administrator

"Difficult start up but great platform "

What do you like best?

I love that everything is in one place and the tenants are not having any difficulty. The customer service is amazing online and with our direct rep.

What do you dislike?

Starting up was very difficult. I had to enter in all of our equipment preventative maintenance manually. There were some issues with matching our settings to those of the portfolio but those were all quickly fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a very clear timeline and goals of when to set everything up. Do all of the training videos prior to starting your timeline and make sure all parties are aware of the time commitment it will take to set up.

We are able to run reports for virtually anything and there are clear ways we can present data from these reports to ownership.

Building Engines review by Lauren K.
Lauren K.

"A great way to manage your building. "

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and very user friendly. The support staff is prompt and knowledgeable. Always a pleasant experience.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes tenants are not able to login and their password has to be reset. Not sure if this is due to updates or something on their end, but one person kept having this issue, so I deleted them out of the system and then added them back and they haven't had the problem since.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for COI, if there was a way to upload COI and it would automatically populate the fields, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. I understand that there would probably be changes and tweaks necessary, but that would save a lot of time. This is one reason we haven't used it yet, because we haven't had time to fill in all the fields.

We use this to track all work order requests and preventative measures. We just recently realized you could add COI info to the system, too.

Building Engines review by Florence M.
Florence M.

"A winning product"

What do you like best?

The clarity in which I can review the work orders, new, opened, completed at a glance.

What do you dislike?

I cannot edit the invoices to take out some of the verbiage the tenants put on the work order when requesting service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've had most of my experience with this product. Was introduced to another product recently and it looked complicated. I like the ease of use with BE and that "there's an app" for that.

Making it easier for tenants to get quality service. I have realized that the tenants are more likely to use the service instead of calling because they now realize that the engineers see this more quickly than by calling and perhaps receiving voice mail to get their issue resolved.

Building Engines review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Facility Engineer and now Manager"

What do you like best?

Mobile accessibility is a strong point for sure.

The Library of templates for equipment is certainly a great place to start.

What do you dislike?

Charting/Reports are less than desired, but no worse than competition. For example, I spent three hours last Friday searching for a canned chart and report, or at least a template of said items, that I could build upon to analyze Work Order Time (Open to Complete) by Assignee. Sounds simple--it was not and I eventually called support for guidance--but, of course they had gone home for the day (AZ vs. EST.) I did manage to find a performance analysis chart that was visually represented my argument, but it was far from adequate or accurate.

Further, I now plan to extract the data and work with it in Excel. It is a shame that such a big program cannot support better adhoc reporting. (maybe it does and I don't have privies).

My next target is the analyze preventative maintenance portion of time keeping...this does not seem linked to the work orders. To me at least, it appears PMs are not time stamped the same way Work Orders are so I guess I have to create a work order to track "actual" time on any given PM.

I am solving no problem a the moment. In fact, my lack of access to useful data has such a negative impact on my business that we could loose an account. The ownership is able to use the data in fashion that suggests 7 out of 8 hours per day are idle--simply not the case.

Admittedly, there is training on our service side i.e. I explained to the field engineers they must use BEI from start to finish in order for our companies to have "real" data.

Building Engines review by Mia M.
Mia M.

"Okay for now "

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the look, user friendly

What do you dislike?

it is hard to figure out how to bill a tenant with the correct charges & markups etc.

Simplicity, no longer get tenant requests directly. It seems all requests are going through Building Engines which is good

Building Engines review by Administrator

"Great work order system"

What do you like best?

The ability to track and update tenant requests.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to control the amount of notification emails sent to whomever placed the work order. For example they don't need an update when I've made a grammatical correction to a billable note.

Tracking ongoing issues, specifically with HVAC. We also appreciate having the history of an order at our fingertips to go back and remember what was or was not donel.

Building Engines review by Administrator

"BEI has greatly improved our management of work orders and client information."

What do you like best?

I like that we can access the work orders from the desktop and the mobile app. It is so convenient when visiting a property to submit a work order, with photos, right from our phones.

What do you dislike?

When I pull up the work order and I need to contact the vendor, I have to pull up a separate tab with BEI to get the vendors phone number. I wish it showed it on the work order (and only we can see it, not the tenant). It's just an added step that is an inconvenience.

Organization of our work orders has greatly improved! We can all see what is going on.

User in Real Estate

"Building Engines Review "

What do you like best?

Relatively easy system and tenants are able to be detailed

What do you dislike?

Wish it had more advance features. Some tenants will comment or add stuff within a work order and I won't know until they email me being rude because I never responded. Also, a lot of tenants tend to have trouble finding the resource scheduler.

Tenants are able to enter in any building maintenance issues instead of calling or emailing. It's quicker for everyone involved, especially if they try to email but I'm not at my desk. My other two co workers can check the work orders and take care of as needed while I'm at lunch or away.

Building Engines review by Administrator

"Good but could be better"

What do you like best?

The breakdown on the dashboard and the simplicity of accessing everything.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough report customization. Your need to reach out to Building Engines to set up anything even created and deleting categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your categories and subs before setup

its great that i could reach out to tenants directly with the work orders. The export to excel function really helps with reports and KPIs for our building.

Building Engines review by Jennifer E.
Jennifer E.

"Building Engines is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

The way it keeps me and my colleagues organized

What do you dislike?

The search function - it doesn't hold my parameters.

Work orders are no longer falling through the cracks or getting forgotten.

Building Engines review by Administrator

"VP of Property Management"

What do you like best?

It is mostly user friendly. Having both the desktop and mobile interface is key.

What do you dislike?

Not enough options to customized based on individual property needs. Not enough options for how escalation emails show up and have useful information included. Need better method for building inspections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up is easy, getting tenants to sign up is hard.

Better tracks work orders to understand where engineer time is spent.

User in Real Estate

"Excellent product for creating work orders, managing COIs, and scheduling monthly inspections. "

What do you like best?

I like the streamlined building engines hub that makes generating work orders efficient and user friendly. It's easy to attach pictures, as well as access all current and completed work orders.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there isn't more customization. We have to go through the BE team to add certain types of work orders. There are required sections when creating work orders or COIs that don't apply to our business.

Our management team is overall much more aware of the issues and progress of fixing said issues than before. It's a great tool to track and schedule all of our work order needs. It also has upgraded our system in keeping track of COIs.

User in Real Estate

"Building Engines is versitle and dynamic! Highly recommend for commercial property managers."

What do you like best?

Versitility. Ease of use. They have throuhgt of almost everything. You can keep it simple or make numerous detailed adjustments depending how detailed you wanted to be on Work Orders or Tenant Notifications. We really like the ability to upload photos and the phone app! This is extremelly handy when managing properties offsite. Great property management tool and we have only begun the to scratch the surfice of all the bells and wistles.

What do you dislike?

Does not allow you to enter lease execution dates. Expiration dates for Leases doe not show on stacking plan / space management page. Would be great to develp a lease expriation schedule summary based on by building and/or by portfolio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a comprehensive work order and tenant notification software that you will not regret purchasing and utilizing. It is much smoother and more comprehensize than other work order systems that I have used in the past. We view this system as not just a property management "tool," but the "tool box" to run our day to day property management operations!

Work order process and tenant responsiveness. Tenant and Vendor COI managmeent. We are still new to system so the benifits will be realized over the next few months, but they are percieved to by better communication with our customers/tenants and manage their expectations.

Building Engines review by Robert T.
Robert T.

"Property Manager"

What do you like best?

The work order module is great for property managers and keeps us on top of everything going on at our properties

What do you dislike?

The mobile app freezes often and also does not save when we do inspections many times. The app also does not have the abilities as the desktop version which makes things harder when you are in the field.

Organization and accountability are the two main business solutions we have found using BE.

Building Engines review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Simple Implementation"

What do you like best?

The app is simple to use while being very comprehensive in scope

What do you dislike?

I wish it performed equally as well on all platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully utiize the tools for the highest value.

Tracking COIs, work orders and preventative maintenance tasks. An unexpected benefits has been the use of the incident reporting for security and maintenance.

Building Engines review by Administrator in Commercial Real Estate
Administrator in Commercial Real Estate

"Delightful & Highly Recommendable"

What do you like best?

We have had stellar customer service to our questions, especially with the uniqueness of the our portfolio. We love the user interface!

What do you dislike?

There are still a few limitations on the the modules and it does not work well on some of our tablets (Galaxy).

We are seeing greater efficiency and tenant satisfaction.

Building Engines review by Eileen P.
Eileen P.

"Work Order Request Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Having the ability to place work order request with your maintenance team.

What do you dislike?

Not having the ability to see when the order is received by the team.

Being able to input multiple work requests for different kinds of work in one system including visitor request and being able to update request without having to open another request for the same issue.

Building Engines review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Great New Resource"

What do you like best?

I love the lay out of this platform. The ease of use ranks one of the best layouts yet so far. We actually just upgraded to this software and so far the results are great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet as we are still in the preliminary phase but no complaints from users as of yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far just based on implementation everyone is very satisfied with the transition.

This solves all building maintenance and requests that are flowing through the 10 story office building housing multiple units on some floors as well as single.

Building Engines review by Executive Sponsor in Commercial Real Estate
Executive Sponsor in Commercial Real Estate

"BE Review - Operations and Property Management"

What do you like best?

The work order system has truly changed our operations and improved the quality of service.

Building Engines has grown significantly in the last 10 years. Great news for BE and the improvements are great.

What do you dislike?

The call center experience is new for me. I was used to simply calling my contact in the old days. But, that was inevitable as the product is great and with the growth to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for all aspects of Property Management - Single price provides access to every feature. No menu cost elements to this!

Insurance documentation primarily.

Building Engines review by Salahaddin S.
Salahaddin S.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

The speed! You can reply and finish the task in the minute! I love it!

What do you dislike?

It does not work offline. Will be nice to revew all information offline...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good program. I love Ot on the iPhone too. Very easy to use. Highly recommend!

I'm a building engineer. In working with the maintenance requests.

"Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Both the app and the software itself is very user friendly. Even those that are technology-challenged can use it easily.

What do you dislike?

We had a rough go with the set up, but BE was responsive and rectified the problems.

Great communication tool with residents. Time saving with the app.

Building Engines review by Alex R.
Alex R.

"Great customer service and an overall easy program to use"

What do you like best?

I really utilize the reporting and the resource center. It's nice that our tenants who are booking for the resource center rarely have questions and can figure out how to do everything on their own

What do you dislike?

Some of the updates in the new look have made things a little different. I don't particularly like how it automatically only searches for my announcements in the broadcast meeting section but that's not a huge deal

Having the work order escalation option is good for us. It helps our engineers prioritize the tenant request

Building Engines review by Angela I.
Angela I.

"Building Engines - Great tool for property management"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigating through the site, the different uses, the ability to run reports

What do you dislike?

That all the buildings are tied together (i.e. receiving notifications for all the buildings in the portfolio of when their COI expires instead of for each building separately).

Customer service

"It's ok"

What do you like best?

Not really a fan. The ability for text updates is nice.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit archaic in feel and not always able to find what you're looking for. also unable to see past requests or requests you have submitted.

office building management uses it to track maintenance requests

Building Engines review by Marian A.
Marian A.

"Building Engines System"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and it is convenient. The team is very responsive once I put a request in the system. Items I request usually get completed in the same day within minutes/hours

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing not to like. The system is easy to use and is straight forward.

I use the system to request key card activations for new hires to the building and I also put in request for when the AC/Heating system is to hot or cold for the CEO and other employees

Building Engines review by Administrator

"User friendly and reliable"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and how simplistic the prompts are

What do you dislike?

Not much that I dislike about Building Engines

We are notified of work orders promptly when they are submitted, all the responsible parties are notified so nothing slips through the cracks or gets missed

Building Engines review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Professional"

What do you like best?

BE's response time is very good. I haven't had any problems communicating with service support staff. They have been effective and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of how they categorize the search menu. I think they are going in the right direction. However, I oftentimes, find myself calling BE when I would just rather search for the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the layout simple.

We are solving "search" methods to accurately invoice tenants.

The benefits are that it's mostly user friendly.

Building Engines review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Building Engines so so"

What do you like best?

Honestly there wasnt much I liked about it. the app never worked as designed. Would never notify me of work orders. i would have to check the app all day long.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

sometimes technology isnt good...this is one of those times. Keep personal contact with your clients.

I didnt see any benefit to this program. sorry, you asked

Building Engines review by James R R.
James R R.

"Very useful, user friendly tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use between property management co and customer

What do you dislike?

Need a few more categories to better inform PM of issues at hand

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use and communication between customer and property

Facility issues

Ease of communication

Building Engines review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"works pretty well"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to add a work order. one of the easiest systems to use.

What do you dislike?

I cant add folders and info to certain blocks without contacting BE directly and having them do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great system, but like any system it takes awhile to fully implement.

Capturing all of my work being done for each engineer. I realized that we weren't billing everything we should have been.

User in Real Estate

"Great product, very user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. It ties in so many aspects of the administrative side of commercial real estate. The user manuals are very easy to read and customer service is always helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that not everything you can access from the full website is accessible from the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it!

So many benefits- tracks COI's and sends notes to vendors/tenants when they are close to expiring. The work orders and tenant satisfaction module ensure that work orders are being completed in a timely manner. Also, having incident reports accessible electronically is great.

Building Engines review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Simple and robust"

What do you like best?

Mobile app is great. Tenants love the program

What do you dislike?

no issues from my experience. Intuitive and user friendly.

Quicker responses to tenant issues, fewer issues falling through cracks, Better accountability for all

Building Engines review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Fast, easy communication between FMs and tenants "

What do you like best?

As a tenant user, filing work orders takes a matter of seconds. You can easily keep track of the status of an open order and see when it's been assigned to a FM.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see improvements made to the categories of work orders you can file.

We are tenant users and Building Engines has made it incredibly easy for us to solve issues related to occupational comfort.

Building Engines review by Carlyle B.
Carlyle B.

"Building Engines is the best!"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's great! Very easy to use and awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All of our tenants love BE

Our workorder system

Building Engines review by Donna E.
Donna E.

"I love Building Engines! "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and it looks professional. Keeps everything I need in one place.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet found anything that I do not like.

Streamlining everything!

Administrator in Real Estate

"New customer to Building Engines. The team developed worked with us to get the product we need."

What do you like best?

I like that we can pick and choose what attributes we need for our particular business. The staff was helpful in setting everything up for us and continues to be helpful with our questions.

What do you dislike?

There were two platforms (as Building Engines was updating) and it was confusing when trying to explain problems or help our tenants if they were having problems putting in work orders.

Building Engines is primarily a work order system for my company. The biggest benefit is accountability - that is we now know when issues are assigned and who took care of the problems.

"Great for COI's"

What do you like best?

The Certificate of Insurance tracking. I like that we are able to send letters to vendors when they are getting close to having their COI expire.

What do you dislike?

That when you put the first COI under a tenant, you have to update both in order for it to be accurate.

Preventative Maintenance isn't easy to operate or get set up.

Work Orders, COI Tracking

Building Engines review by Administrator

"Easy to use and effective"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly this program is.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations on what you can do with the set up, but overall great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program for property management companies. Ease of use and allows tenants to be involved and updated on work orders.

Allowing our tenants to directly submit work orders. Takes some stress off employees.

"very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Building Engines is a very user friendly system allowing immediate usage with little training

What do you dislike?

GUI changes rather frequently but that's also a good thing I guess!

I have one place to go to track work orders rather than many notes and emails to skim through looking for something

Building Engines review by User

"Really easy-to-use work order submittal. Simplifies the process for tenants and property management"

What do you like best?

As a company we believe Building Engines is an excellent tool to improve efficiency and transparency when it comes to showing tenants how productive we are

What do you dislike?

Mobile app.wish the mobile application looked more modern and had more of the features that the website does. When app is opened on iPhone you have to select full site in order to open call/close call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

User friendly operations, easy to follow instructions and access to needed information. Very helpful to the tenants

Building Engines review by matt f.
matt f.

"Wonder App"

What do you like best?

Ability to stay in field without having to return to desk to respond to work orders

What do you dislike?

Lags a bit on our WIFI. But there is nothing else that I have noticed

Getting to associates request in a more timely manner and complete faster

User in Real Estate

"Building Engines great for mobile devices"

What do you like best?

the mobile functionality is great with the app. automatically updates in real time once connected to wifi / data

What do you dislike?

Cost comparable to other software is just a little higher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With the use of smartphone technology, Building Engines is one that works great with small mobile devices. Photo capturing and document add option is a plus.

Ability to submit immediate work orders while performing site inspections. I have realized time and PM efficiency.

Building Engines review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Building Engines is Wonderful"

What do you like best?

The ease of using the system and the way it makes managing a building so easy.

What do you dislike?

Building engines could have a faster process of putting in documents. Could use a document scanning system.

It makes building communication more effective.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and customizable interface.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if we could provide more functions for Tenants (i.e. manage employees, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your account manager. We have found our account manager to be a great resource and very responsive.

We have streamlined work orders and visitation for the building

Building Engines review by Kate H.
Kate H.

"Building Engines is easy and fast to use"

What do you like best?

that it is easy and quick to use and easy to follow

What do you dislike?

there is nothing I can think of to improve upon Building Engines

Recommendations to others considering the product

Building Engines is easy to use

give me easy access to what I need

Administrator in Real Estate

"We have been using BE for the past two years in an industrial portfolio."

What do you like best?

Relatively fast and easy to train users.

What do you dislike?

Some of the minimal reporting options in some of the segments.

Tracking tenant work and work on various properties and reconciling the WO's to the employee's time sheet.

Building Engines review by Administrator

"Great system for managing work orders"

What do you like best?

The work order module is very useful. We also find the broadcast messaging very helpful

What do you dislike?

Some modules are more complicated than they need to be and not user friendly.

Work order and COI management. We benefit also from the reporting functions

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

user friendly, ease of use for both building management and tenant base

What do you dislike?

some of space updating, cant get rid or close work orders that show as there but can't view even when they are closed

Work orders, resource scheduling, coi

"Great software "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and messaging the tenants makes life so easy

What do you dislike?

Everything is very user friendly. I enjoy using the software

Messaging tenants

Building Engines review by Agency in Facilities Services
Agency in Facilities Services

"They were very nice and helpful and if I have any questions please feel free to contact us"

What do you like best?

They let you know on any information you need to know and it was very helpful

What do you dislike?

Sometime I had a hard time getting the feedback on logging in but it got better so now it's easier

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I will recommend this service for others to use

Create a new log in and passwords and now no problems

Building Engines review by Administrator

"Building engineer have been using building engines for about 6 months"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use the app for building engines

What do you dislike?

The PM side of building engines is a little convoluted at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend.

Tenant work orders, building equipment PM set up.

Building Engines review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"We are a few months new to the system and it's very easy to navigate "

What do you like best?

The detailed information you are able to access in a simple way

What do you dislike?

There is no way of knowing in a report form, what work orders one single user has entered without going into the actual work order

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great setup, user friendly, clearly communications between users

Able to get on a better routine of maintenance

"Loving Building Engines!"

What do you like best?

I love the different modules and color coding as well as all of the reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I wish the employee capabilities were more apparent.

Definitely tenant communication.

User in Real Estate

"Work Order System Review"

What do you like best?

Visitor Scheduling feature, tenant web portal, broadcast messaging feature

What do you dislike?

Request for Estimate feature to approve/charge billable services

Tracks and streamlines communication for building team

Learn more about Building Engines

Building Engines Videos

Learning about Building Engines?

* We monitor all Building Engines reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.