Building Engines

Building Engines helps you take control of building operations and tenant service by automating the hundreds of tasks through a single integrated platform.

Work for Building Engines?

Learning about Building Engines?

Building Engines Reviews

Ask Building Engines a Question
Showing 63 Building Engines reviews
Building Engines review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

I like to functionality and the ease of using the interface. Building Engine has change the way our company operates operationally and from Management. We are now a paperless system each department has implemented building engines as well. not only are we paperless but we operate more efficiently as a company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new look, it makes the ease of functionality a little more complex.not only are we paperless but we operate more efficiently as a company. That is the only thing I dislike only because the new look it seems more complicated to use and also understand what the icons mean. But on the old look everything was pretty straightforward and actually I am still using the old look versus the new look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend building engines even though it doesn't seem like it is a big name in the business we were recommended this by another property management company who highly recommended building engines based off of the ease and as well as the cost.

We went paperless as a result of switching over to Building Engines. It has saved us at least 20 hour each week a man power. is to also help as well as which specific personnel was working the most completing the most work tickets and had the higher efficiency during a workday. We also use this as a factor and it's determining the reviews at the end of each year.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Building Engines
Building Engines review by <span>Donna B.</span>
Donna B.

"Working with Building Engines has made Tenant Services easier and matters comprehensible."

What do you like best?

User friendly! The ability to create and make changes, whether it be added a building/property, or making changes within a work order.

What do you dislike?

You can only set up an out of office time span one at a time. Would be AWESOME to be able to create several vacation schedules for one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this system. The people........the Building Engines team is exceptional! From the team that walked us through the product to understand how BEI would benefit us, to the team that helped us set it all up, and finely the support team. The product......this system is by far more comprehensive than the other work order system we used. Building Engines has so many uses, besides creating and tracking work orders. Each property can be set up as its own web page with property information, property management information, etc. Fabulous system!

Business Problem Solved: Property Managers are more apt to use Building Engines as it is easier and more comprehensive to use the other system previously used.

Realized Benefits: See above, plus the ease of Building Engines saves so much time!

What Property Management solution do you use?

Building Engines review by <span>Cynthia L.</span>
Cynthia L.

"Could be more user friendly"

What do you like best?

All my buildings are listed on a single page for easy viewing.

What do you dislike?

1) Adding a vendor COI can be frustrating because you have to either upload them as a Tenant COI, or set them up as a Vendor then add their COI, which is too many steps. If I upload them as a Tenant COI, Tenants will receive notifications about their expiring COI when it's really a Vendor they have used in the past.

2) If a Tenant submits a work order then adds an attachment, I will receive an email for the initial work order created then a separate email for ever attachment they enter. So if a work order has three attachments I will receive 4 emails about the work order, then if a comment is added to that work order, I will receive an additional four emails. It's just too many emails.

3) Not all Tenants are notified when I enter a comment into their work order, which is very frustrating.

4) Whenever I search for COIs, the default building is the last building profile I visited, if I'm searching for multiple COIs I have to either keep changing the building after every search or create a bunch of duplicate pages.

5) The only time a Tenant sees my comment is if I email them using the "share" feature, but then their response will be emailed back to me, keeping everybody else out of the loop.

6) Leases aren't shown as in the system until the lease dates and rent amount are entered

It's a single platform for all our Management needs. All work orders, leases, COIs, incident reports, Tenant files, etc. are all in the same site, which is nice.

Building Engines review by <span>Chad M.</span>
Chad M.

"Building Engines makes my job so much easier"

What do you like best?

Building Engines provides a long overdue software solution to managing buildings. It's very user intuitive and is scalable for as complex or streamlined as the properties we manage. The ability to be mobile is probably the best feature for our engineers, while allowing our tenants to constantly see what is going on with their work orders.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Building Engines, but I do wish the mobile application looked more modern and had more of the features that the website does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Building Engines is constantly adding features and making existing features better at no additional cost to us. This is a huge reason to stick with them in the years to come.

Building Engines allows us to keep track of all of our janitorial and engineering work orders in an easy to use tracking system. This is cut down substantially on the amount of time it takes the Work Orders to be completed, as well as preventing WOs to fall through the cracks or not be followed up on. Having the tenant complete a survey after the WO is completed allows the tenants to immediately give us feedback on the work, which let's them know we take their issues seriously and can fix the issue if they are unsatisfied.

Building Engines review by <span>Robert R.</span>
Robert R.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use, especially the mobile app. I can create work orders and report incidents on the spot rather than bringing everything back to my desk.

What do you dislike?

There are some features such as certain notifications, that can only be set up on the back end. I'd like to be able to tailor who gets certain notifications from the user level.

Building engines is streamlining our work order system and our efficiency.

Building Engines review by <span>Stephen S.</span>
Stephen S.

"Tenant Services Coordinator"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to manage everything in our buildings from one location. It's one magic portal for repairs, maintenance, insurance and other features yet to be explored.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I find frustrating is that if I'm searching through old/closed files, and I want to go back, hitting the "back" button on my browser takes me to the original page, and I have to re-enter the search parameters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch it in action with a similar partner in business. Make sure they know how to use it properly. Have it demonstrated to show all benefits.

We are streamlining our operation, improving and expanding tenant communications and utilizing all important aspects of BE (important to us at this moment). The benefit is that I can communicate and plan with many different people/vendors at one time, and from one portal.

Learn more about Building Engines

Building Engines Videos

Learning about Building Engines?

* We monitor all Building Engines reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.