Buildium

Property accounting, online and fee payments, and maintenance requests. Property Management Software.

Work for Buildium?

Learning about Buildium?

Buildium Reviews

Ask Buildium a Question
Showing 26 Buildium reviews
Buildium review by <span>Katrina B.</span>
Katrina B.

A helpful- but overwhelming- program

What do you like best?

There are tons of features! You can automate reminders and create complete to-do lists, on top of basically all accounting and leasing needs.

What do you dislike?

Everything is in a separate location (so many drop down boxes!) and there are a few things you can't complete without filling out the same information in a totally different location. It gets confusing quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No matter how DIY you are, go through all tutorials and FAQs before you so much as type one number into the program. It's so easy to mess things up long term just by thinking you know what the program is describing-- you probably don't.

It allows us to track rentals, payments, inspections, and all accounting - and we're nowhere near utilizing it fully.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Buildium
Buildium review by <span>Jeremiah M.</span>
Jeremiah M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great product, still has holes

What do you like best?

Buildium is a great product that integrates all the essentials of property management. Leasing, accounting, tenant tracking, work orders. I like that it is cloud-based and can access it anywhere. I can have as many users as I want. The pricing is competitive. I love the integration. The general workflow is very easy to use. Many of the tedious functions of property management can be done with a single click such as sending money to owners doing background checks, paying out management fees, entering charges.

What do you dislike?

The way the software does work orders is weak. It does not allow multiple work orders per task. That makes it difficult to attach bills from several different kinds of vendors and one work order.I also do not like the pricing as far as homeowner associations are concerned. It gets very expensive for homeowners associations. There're some third-party services that I think could be better.The inspections integration is neat but not particularly easy to use.The background checks are good but it could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buildium has a very steep learning curve. So everyone should take the time to learn very clearly how to use it before they dive into using it.

Buildium allows us to keep more organized and save a tremendous amount of manpower and time. We eliminate costly typographical errors. Even though it is costly to use the electronic funds transfer options is much faster and easier than trying to enter in paper checks manually with our secretaries.

What Property Management solution do you use?

Buildium review by <span>Christina H.</span>
Christina H.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

The easy and proficient way to run a business

What do you like best?

The program is very easy to use and learn on your own. Even the tutorials are useful. Very hands on and interactive.

What do you dislike?

When printing out monthly statements, I have to print out everyone including owners who are on ACH. This is a waste of paper. An option to like box next to owner name to opt out of printing statements would be nice. Also, the area where you can enter statement information has decreased and very hard to even write anything in there. This area should be larger and easier to enter in information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything is worth trying. This was a great system for starters or even advanced knowledge in HOA Management. A lot can be self taught and when you have a question the Buildium team is amazing and very helpful with many options to reach them.

The new upgrades with financial statements have made things easier. They are easier to understand and provide a full detail. Board members are in favor of the upgrades.

Buildium review by <span>Andrew H.</span>
Andrew H.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Awesome Product, Excellent Customer Service!

What do you like best?

I have been using Buildium for the last three years and have thoroughly enjoyed the product. My favorite aspect of Buildium is that the company is constantly improving the services offered and listening to clients and our needs!

What do you dislike?

There are not many items that come to mind that I dislike. I will say, however, that the merchant services provider is sometimes frustrating as is the credit reporting services provider. The credit reports sometimes take an exceptionally long time to populate, causing issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service that rivals most major companies.

Our business has streamlined many of our processes through using Buildium. Our rental applications are all fully integrated with our websites. Our staff can access data anywhere. Our clients can pay rent and access documents and request maintenance. It is a great product that works perfectly for our company.

Buildium review by <span>William L.</span>
William L.

Best solution out there for R/E Professionals

What do you like best?

The software interface is great. You easily move from function to task, report back to function with just a few clicks of the mouse

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is that Buildium is perfect for the residential market. The features, data fields, reports, etc. are perfect for the residential property market. We make Buildium work for us in the commercial world... it's not 'perfect', there are some 'data points' that don't get collected, but out of the box it works just fine for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have a small commercial real-estate company. We only manage buildings that we own. With about 10 buildings and a total of about 30 tenants, this is not a full-time job. Buildium takes all of the busy-work from behind the scenes (accounting, billing, collection, communication with tenants, etc.) and automates it. Now, I can focus on acquiring more properties.

I was spending $500-$800 per month on a part-time bookkeeper just to do the books of my small real-estate company. Now? I spend about 2 hours a month in total. It's not just the savings of money, but the amount of time that I save is significant.

Buildium review by Administrator

Great for management, subpar for accounting purposes.

What do you like best?

The tasks, email communications, and eLeases are great. Also, the unlimited (free!) customer support! They are helpful, polite, and have lots of online articles so oftentimes I don't have to call even with detailed questions.

What do you dislike?

The accounting feature is subpar at best; specifically in regard to printing checks. We tried our hardest to integrate it, but still have to do everything with Quickbooks externally and transfer the information to Buildium. Not a problem while our company is small, but I perceive it may become more of a problem later on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buildium is elegant, efficient, and very easy to use. Occasional oddities, but the support team is great. If accounting is your main concern, Buildium is not for you.

Communication, recorded and timestamped tenant interactions, leases ending/beginning. eLeases and ePay have saved our lives.

Learn more about Buildium

Buildium Videos

Buildium Downloads

Learning about Buildium?

* We monitor all Buildium reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Buildium