Built for Teams

Built for Teams brings clean design and ease-of-use to small business functions like PTO management, recruiting, onboarding, and more.

Work for Built for Teams?

Learning about Built for Teams?

Built for Teams Reviews

Ask Built for Teams a Question
Showing 22 Built for Teams reviews
Built for Teams review by Terrence D.
Terrence D.

"Excellent for keeping your finger on the pulse of your company."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is probably the time off request feature. We are able to have our team submit requests and we can review and approve them quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

As a development shop, we'd like to see an API sooner than later so we can start pulling metrics into software projects we develop in relation to our own company. All in all, this would be a nice to have feature. The good news is the Built For Teams staff has been incredibly responsive and accommodating when we inquire about things such as this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend using Built For Teams if you are tired of filing cabinets full of employee paperwork as well as bulky non-digital inventories.

On-boarding can be a hassle. One of the biggest problems we're solving is making that process easy. Now, we do almost the entire process digitally from W2 paperwork to emergency contact information. It helps us cut down on how much paperwork we need to file as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Built for Teams
Built for Teams review by Brenda H.
Brenda H.

"Excellent Employee Management Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep all employee related info and documents in one easy to use app.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't found anything so far that I don't like about the app. If I have questions or needs the support staff is super responsive.

We are able to track potential applicants all the way through the hiring process. Once hired getting all of the required documents is a breeze.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Built for Teams review by User in Internet

"Clean and easy to learn and use. "

What do you like best?

Everything is clean and easy to digest, content and data are all well designed in the composition/layout and easy to read. I like the sidebar navigation and UI. Also the "Org" chart is a great feature. When I was new at Blueriver I had trouble remembering everyone names and the org chart was a huge help. Lastly, putting in for PTO is SUPER simple. Good job guys!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the sidebar navigation disappears from view when in the Org Chart screen. It's almost feels like you leave the app/site entirely. To get it back you have to click on the toggle hamburger icon. It doesn't completely ruing your experience but I don have to say I'm not of fan!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It's extremely easy to implement and use and the convenience is bar none.

Putting in PTO of course, at former positions, doing this was always a hassle, you had to request a paper form and fill it out etc etc but with Built for Teams it literally takes like 1 minute. Very convenient.

Built for Teams review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Built for Teams is fantastic"

What do you like best?

As an independent school with complicated PTO benefits, Built for Teams has been life-changing for us. Before Built for Teams, we tried several approaches to managing employees' PTO requests and balances--from excel spreadsheets to HR software. Every system we tried had its drawbacks, and entry of information was time-consuming. Errors were made often, so reporting was messy, and balances were frequently inaccurate. We are now easily able to maintain accurate ongoing records of employees' PTO requests and balances in a way that is accessible to employees and administration alike. Employees' also have access to their benefits information, and they appreciate that. Built for Teams has truly helped to professionalize what has been a challenging aspect of employee management. We LOVE it.

What do you dislike?

I only dislike that we haven't fully utilized Built for Teams' functionality, as it is able to do more than we use it for. We'll be working on

Built for Teams review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"Use a PEO but don't have near the flexibility as I do with Built for Teams."

What do you like best?

PTO Management with hierarchical approval was a much needed function for us. Having the calendar handy when a new request comes in is vital in making sure that all our projects have coverage. Easy to setup and flexible policies made it a snap to implement.

What do you dislike?

I just wish it would all integrate seamlessly with our PEO to make it a one stop on boarding solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Top notch product with tremendous support.

We were only using email to manage PTO requests and it was very tough to recognize who was off when from the various email requests,

Built for Teams review by Hector O.
Hector O.

"Great tool for keeping track of PTO working remotley"

What do you like best?

I work remotely from another state than the rest of my Team Members, and this is a great way for all of us to keep track of everything.

What do you dislike?

At first I had problems updating my avatar, but the issues seems to be fixed now

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is there a Mobile App?

Long distance communication and tracking

Built for Teams review by Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.

"User Frie"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Communication is streamlined if I have a request for pto.

What do you dislike?

Company does not use all of the features such as payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using for all its res

The ease in communication with pto.

Built for Teams review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Pros about Built for Teams:

1) Ease of use

2) Excellent customer service

3) Efficient

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Built for Teams is the lack of an app for this awesome service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, they offer a free trial.

Prior to Built for Teams, my company used excel as a form of tracking PTO and manually updated as necessary which proved difficult when employees' accrual rates increased with their tenure. After using the service for a few weeks, I'm able to simply view the amount of PTO days remaining, and a calendar view of the whole company. Manual updates are no longer necessary and viewing the tracker is simple.

Built for Teams review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Easy and accessible"

What do you like best?

I like the interface; it's very easy to see my PTO overview

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I particularly dislike about the product

Lets me see interesting data like my paid time off and my employment tenure

Built for Teams review by User in Computer Software

"Built for Teams user review"

What do you like best?

I like how you can easily see how many hours/days you have remaining in your bank.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't delete a request on your own after it's been approved.

PTO tracking. It's helpful to have the large calendar so you can easily see what people are out/for how long for planning purposes.

Built for Teams review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"First few weeks using Built"

What do you like best?

The fantastic customer service.

That is all I have to say at this point , but I could not submit this review without adding more words.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could edit my employee profile more easily. I can't change the birthdate, for example. What I would like to do is not fill it in, as I do not want to publish that in this context.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thanks for your personal approach!

Good luck.

We want to be able to track PTO and have employees be able to visualize their own PTO "accounts".

We also wanted to create a less labor intensive way to track applicants without getting into the big heavy ATS platforms that are really expensive and way too much for our current status as a growth-stage young company.

We are learning how to use the recruiting platform and learning how to customize and tailor each job posting. This is a big change for us, but so far, so good.

Built for Teams review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Efficient and Easy"

What do you like best?

It's easy to request time off without the hassle of paperwork and waiting for approval. It is easy to recognize how much time you have available with the different segments noting sick, vacation, and personal time. It is a great visual dashboard for time tracking.

What do you dislike?

I have not been using the system very long, so I haven't come across much that I do not like.

My organization uses it to track vacation, sick, and personal time. It eliminates paperwork/forms and increases efficiency by automatically submitting to the correct supervisor for approval and letting you know via email when it is approved.

Built for Teams review by User in Internet

"Never had any problems"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate. UX is very clear and easy.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it does everything that our company needs it to do.

We've got a small company, but we're busy and using Built for Teams lets us streamline the process of requesting time off.

Built for Teams review by User in Computer Software

"Great software for team tracking"

What do you like best?

Was of use and tracking of paid time off

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike as of yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, does well for our small office.

Management of team paid time off and schedule

Built for Teams review by User

"New Built User"

What do you like best?

I like the time off feature. Knowing where you stand at a click of a button is a great feature. Also asking for time off in the same place is a fantastic combo.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure why there are so many different variations VAC2, 3, 4 & Sic FT PT.

I'm sure it makes it easier for our bosses to know exactly where we are at with time off in the same place we are asking for it.

Built for Teams review by User in Computer Software

"Built for teams makes HR really easy"

What do you like best?

i like how easy it is to request PTO, remote work, etc.

Love that theres an org chart and company directory- this was super helpful when i was onboarding at my company

What do you dislike?

Our company hasn't fully utilized it yet so our compensation category is empty, but i'm sure if we actually used it it would be better

time off requests, personnel management

Built for Teams review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Good all-purpose tool"

What do you like best?

Most functions are easy to use, and as a manager the platform offers good cross-team visibility.

What do you dislike?

Small niggle, but the recruiting module could be improved with the ability to search by candidate name, instead of looking through every folder until you find someone you're looking for.

PTO, recruiting. Benefits: More organized during the process, better historical records, better visibility day-to-dat.

Built for Teams review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Simple design and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The Built for Teams dashboard allows me to quickly visualize and track PTO. The recruiting platform is great for teams to organize candidates and quickly communicate decisions within the recruiting process.

What do you dislike?

I've never had an issue with Built for Teams. All around great tool!

Recruiting and PTO tracking

Built for Teams review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Easy to Use product "

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use. Shows your PTO balance on the main page

What do you dislike?

occasionally forget my password... I only use the PTO part so not sure what other features are like

Employees can manage PTO in a central easy to use application

Built for Teams review by User in Higher Education

"Easy and Simple"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to use and makes asking for time off a breeze

What do you dislike?

It's not integrated to our other systems, so when I change my info on other systems or on this one it doesn't update everywhere

HR Management. It super easy to use

Built for Teams review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Director, HR"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface, simple design, modern look

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have time keeping or payroll integration and reports are very basic

streamlining HR process from applicant to hire to onboarding to benefits enrollments. Easy to use.

Built for Teams review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Super easy to use"

What do you like best?

I can request time off and manage my PTO with just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything that I dislike.

We use Built For Teams to manage PTO, sick days and hiring.

Learning about Built for Teams?

* We monitor all Built for Teams reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.