BurrellesLuce WorkFlow

3.9

Use BurrellesLuce WorkFlow to research and engage journalists and bloggers, review your media coverage, report on results, and plan future campaigns.

Work for BurrellesLuce WorkFlow?

Learning about WorkFlow?

BurrellesLuce WorkFlow Reviews

Showing 45 WorkFlow reviews
WorkFlow review by Allison J.
Allison J.

"Alright, but takes a few days"

What do you like best?

It definitely can grab some of the smaller media organizations that don't show up in google searches.Our local media outlets in Rhode Island sometimes do not show up in our google searches and BurrellsLuce typically catches them in order for us to include them in our press clips. Additionally, I like that it clearly states which newspaper it's from in the chart sent directly to my email.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes days or even weeks to pull clips, which can be quite frustrating. Additionally, the format in which the clips are sent is graphically quite old. With all of the formatting technology, this is something that BurrellsLuce could definitely improve on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, if they could find clips faster that would be excellent because as I previously mentioned, there are times that we'll receive clips that are weeks old. Additionally, some of the clips have websites attached to get to the original link while others do not. This can be somewhat aggravating.

As mentioned, BurrellsLuce allows out office to detect mentions of our boss from smaller and more local media outlets. This allows us to get clips that we may miss through a regular google search. We send these clips to our boss, which helps him understand what type of coverage he's getting in the media.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BurrellesLuce WorkFlow
WorkFlow review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"It Gets the Job Done"

What do you like best?

This is one of the few services I've used that actually provides decent clippings print stories. Other services claim the offer the service, but it's usually only for really big newspapers/magazines.

What do you dislike?

The product itself works like a charm, but the graphics and the website are very outdated and clunky. Could definitely use an update on that end!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does offer comprehensive print monitoring services - so if that's what you need, get it!

I love the daily email digests that they send - it gives me a great overview of what's being said about the organization in print.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

WorkFlow review by Maria O.
Maria O.

"A must-have for busy PR pros"

What do you like best?

I've used BurrellesLuce for several years. They provide an easily accessible platform for media clips. We customize coverage for clients and the service is usually spot on.

Fair pricing, Easy to work with, Great response from customer service.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Occasionally I get a clip that's not in accordance to our agreement but it is easily fixed and credited back to the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a cost-efficient, reliable clipping service. Service is accessible, easy to understand and set up and any time I've needed support they're always friendly and helpful. We've used this service for years and are very happy with it. I have recommended BurrellesLuce to colleagues.

Having a reliable, cost-effective clipping service is a huge time saver! Their reports are also a valuable tool to share with clients.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Good service, but bad customer service"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to get the broadcast/radio hits that I need. The videos and radio segments are always a great quality and are usually pretty timely. It is an easy to use service and the cost isn't too bad.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the customer service representative I've had. He was really rude and did not always understand what items I was trying to obtain, even when I provided him with all the details. I wish there was a manager on the email so he or she could see the way the person was talking to me. Very unprofessional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great service, that I would definitely recommend. If you get someone who isn't easy to work with, I would recommend that you ask to switch or speak with a manager.

I am able to find videos, broadcast and radio segments that I would not be able to find without the service. The benefit is being able to provide my clients with their hits without spending too much time or money looking for it.

WorkFlow review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Fantastic service, with even better support"

What do you like best?

Their scanned clips are always incredibly high quality, significantly higher than I could get with a scanne, it also gives circulation and ad value, saving time. I also like that they don't send you extra emails, they are always there if you need help, but do not bombard your inbox with excess marketing emails.

What do you dislike?

It is, in my opinion, not worth using them for web clippings, but only for print clips. They do mess up quite frequently, but they let you delete clips that aren't what you want and don't charge you for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you get a lot of extraneous clips, ask them to put an additional layer of editing on to your account, it will slow down the speed at which you get the clips, but will make your portal more manageable. Additionally, they are always quick to help you out if there is a specific clips that you need more urgently.

BurellesLuce saves time and effort by clipping print clips for you, formatting them nicely. It also gives you all of the information on the clip, including outlet, circulation, ad value, and even page number. Additionally, being able to utilize the links created is very helpful for reporting purposes.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great for pulling print coverage, smaller online hits"

What do you like best?

I love that print hits show up as they would if you were to pick up a newspaper, and BurrellesLuce underlines relevant key terms so you can easily find when a story mentions your product, company, client, etc. The tool is also great at pulling in some online hits that are otherwise sometimes difficult to find.

What do you dislike?

BurrellesLuce can be pricey, and sometimes the hits populate far later than they actually appeared either online or in print. This doesn't happen often, but sometimes can show up when it's too late to do anything about it or reach out to a reporter. It's also a little tricky to alter the settings and to filter out any unnecessary content - could be a bit more straightforward than it is currently. I'd prefer having a bit more control on the end user side in terms of updating key terms, etc., rather than feeling like I need to contact customer support to take care of everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best if you're looking for a complete picture of coverage and want to include anything that ran in print, especially in publications for which you might not have a separate subscription. That said, BL does tend to be fairly pricey, so you'd need to have ample budget to afford it.

We're able to provide a more complete picture of how our client and their industry are being discussed and portrayed in the media since we have access to print coverage. We can gather online for the most part using Google searches, but it's great to have BurrellesLuce to pick up any extraneous hits and to cross-reference with what we find using Google.

WorkFlow review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great customer service, not a particularly user friendly interface, better at print than online cove"

What do you like best?

Our account rep is extremely helpful and helps make up for the areas that the software lacks.

What do you dislike?

There are many outlets that the platform doesn't read for and my team has to do a lot of legwork to keep our press reports up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BurrellesLuce is still the best when it come to print coverage. All the new platforms utilize it for print. It does not full capture online and blog content, and can often be very slow in gathering up news, so news items that come through Google Alerts won't be seen in the platform for a couple of days. This is because actual humans are clipping the press, which is great, but is clearly a time suck. We often have to upload our own versions when they come in, and then replace them with the BL version later, just so that our report emails that go out to important persons are up to date. There are also still human errors despite/because of the human touch. Many online clips include internet gobbledeygook and are messy. It's a challenge because they are well-priced and capture print well, but are just up to the speed of the current media landscape.

This question doesn't feel relevant to my business.

WorkFlow review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Quality Media Clips From BurrellesLuce WorkFlow"

What do you like best?

Burrelles collects media clips based around a list of keywords that my company provides. It's more advanced than Google Alerts and finds articles that are relevant to our clients. It makes it very easy to send our clients a detailed monthly report showcasing all of the places they were featured.

What do you dislike?

The service can be off sometimes, providing you with clips that are not related to what you are looking for. It is a simple fix though, you can just read the article and delete the clip if it is not what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a price investment but I would recommend using BurrellesLuce if you're looking to provide clients with quality media clips.

Burrelles saves me a lot of time searching for articles that feature our clients and it digs deeper than I could on my own.

WorkFlow review by Jess K.
Jess K.

"Comprehensive monitoring system with seamless reporting"

What do you like best?

I've used a handful of PR monitoring tools over the years, and BurrellesLuce continues to be one of my favorites.

One of my biggest praises is the account representatives. As needed, account representatives have been responsive, working with me to solve any problems with the tool and showing me how I could be utilizing the tool more effectively. Not too many services invest the time or money into offering this level of customer service these days.

What do you dislike?

My main complaint is the price of the service. When compared to competitors like Meltwater and Cision, BurrellesLuce always seems to be way more expensive. And unfortunately, PR budgets are typically very tight, with clients not always looking to invest money in a monitoring tool. Rather, they recommend free options like Google Alerts.

That said, as a PR professional I find it a highly effective tool, but I have always had to emphasize its importance to a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using BurrellesLuce, but I always encourage people to consider their goals for media monitoring. Take these into consideration when looking into different services. Don't be afraid to reach out to different vendors, ask your questions and decide which service offers you the best for your investment.

In PR, you always need a reliable tool that will highlight whether your efforts and campaigns have been successful. BurrellesLuce does just that. Whether I'm pitching a small local newspaper or working with a major national TV station, my media hits have always been picked up and forwarded to me by a BurrellesLuce representative.

BurrellesLuce also makes it easy to share clips with a client if requested. My clients often like to see a more "professional" clipping that we secured in their name, and this service allows you to easily download a PDF of the clip. And if needed, I can call a representative and purchase a broadcast clip that I can share with my client.

Overall, this service make the reporting and analysis aspect of my job easy. I am able to share the successes of my team's PR efforts efficiently and effectively.

WorkFlow review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Good product, Responsive Customer Service"

What do you like best?

BurrellesLuce is incredibly consistent and responsive. As I expand upon below, it certainly solves a business problem that would take lots of time and energy to solve in other ways.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something, BurrellesLuce is certainly not perfect. Sometimes they miss a clip or send something that doesn't belong to us. But if this happens, their customer service team is quick to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BurrellesLuce will save you so much time in monitoring your press clippings. Ditch the subscriptions!

In an age where most of our news is online, it doesn't make sense to give up the money and shelf space required to subscribe to every print publication that may mention our brand. BurrellesLuce does an excellent job of servicing print clips and taking the hassle out of sourcing, scanning and uploading every single clip.

WorkFlow review by Lauren V.
Lauren V.

"Thorough but Expensive"

What do you like best?

Burrelles does an awesome job of catching mentions in mainstream, consumer print publications.

What do you dislike?

There are some series limitations with trade publications. The service can also be expensive because it's manual labor searching through publications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to leverage this for trade publications this is not a service I would recommend.

I've leveraged Burrelles during my time at several different agency jobs that offered media monitoring services.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Burrelles - BEST PRINT option out there"

What do you like best?

Burrelles is by far the best print monitoring service out there. Not only do they hand-clip all your print mentions, but they underline your brand mentions in the scanned documents. Additionally, Burrelles now has a premium web service option that allows you to get behind pay walls like the NYT and Chicago Tribune.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Burrelles' print service is limited to all brand mentions you request only. You're not able to look for competitive results if you're not paying for their print clipping search. Additionally, their iMonitor online search tool only gets you so many results and almost requires you to use their Premium Web Service ($300/month).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely reach out to Burrelles if you're looking for a great print clipping service. Burrelles is by far the industry standard. They not only provide the clip, but can also provide competitive clips as well. Additionally, they give you the circulation and ad value of each story.

Burrelles allows me to find all print mentions of my brand in one easy-to-use feed each day. However, they're unable to provide all the online and blog results Google can provide. We'll be looking somewhere else for digital solutions.

"Review of Burrelles"

What do you like best?

Gives you a Snapshot of coverage that your Client is mentioned in

What do you dislike?

It has a delay in timeliness of delivery

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good if you don’t want to pay money or take time subscription to all these print outlets. Just tell them what you want to monitor for and they’ll deliver if possible.

They help send print coverage to outlets we don’t have a subscription for

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"BurrellesLuce helps track client deliverables"

What do you like best?

I like that BurrellesLuce monitors media mentions for my clients, so I don't have to.

What do you dislike?

Clips from smaller publications sometimes come in with a significant delay, meaning I have to go find the clip and upload it myself in order to get it to the client in a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BurrellesLuce is easy to use and saves time, especially for busy PR agencies without a lot of time to spend on tracking media coverage.

It helps us keep track of a large number of media mentions for dozens of clients, which saves a lot of time and helps avoid missing a clip.

WorkFlow review by Qurana M.
Qurana M.

"Burrelles was great "

What do you like best?

They were timely and provided invoices on schedule. Recorded all mentions of our business.

What do you dislike?

We didn’t receive a listing of all clippings with invoices.

We were able to see where our business showed up in different publications.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Solid media monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

It's ability to pull print media and overall coverage area.

What do you dislike?

The system portal is not the most accessible or savvy at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth it for print media reporting.

The ability to monitor for print media, as well as other reporting, across several different regions and industries.

WorkFlow review by Nathan I.
Nathan I.

"Slightly Cumbersome, but effective"

What do you like best?

Most media tracking software is strictly digital, so BL helps users track print media.

What do you dislike?

Exporting results can be slightly cumbersome and the service does not provide transcripts of the found clips, so searching can be a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible, demo the software so you know what to expect.

We have several clients who, in the past, wanted us to track certain local and regional newspapers who's online content was less developed than their print.

"Simple, incredibly useful"

What do you like best?

Very simple interface. Monitoring tools can be very over complicated, but not this tool.

What do you dislike?

Could be faster, but that's a small qualm. Unfortunately that will always be the nature of tracking print pubs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no better tool for print monitoring needs. Definitely worth every penny.

We need to know what's going on in the small markets just as much as the large markets. BL makes that possible, and it makes me look impressive.

WorkFlow review by Consultant

"Communications Opinion"

What do you like best?

The platform allows you to get around paywalls. Additionally it allows you to view text versions for easy searching and analysis.

What do you dislike?

Clips tend to be later than desired or duplicate. Sometimes clips can be a bit late as well which makes it tougher to rely on by itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a supplement. Burrelles doesn't have everything, but can be a valuable tool to an overall monitoring program

Media monitoring reports

WorkFlow review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"Good but not always clear clippings. "

What do you like best?

It catches a lot of the small clips that other services don’t.

What do you dislike?

The clips can be blurry or blank sometimes.

Helps me search keyword for clippings.

WorkFlow review by Caroline H.
Caroline H.

"excellent service for clipping"

What do you like best?

timely manner of clips delivered and format of login portal reports

What do you dislike?

price is steep and sometimes irrelevant clips are sent through

reporting covering to client

WorkFlow review by User in Internet

"Almost good"

What do you like best?

BL does a better job of hitting the smaller publications with their coverage, but their media interaction interface and project management functions leave a lot to be desired.

What do you dislike?

They lag behind the rest of the industry in their media database interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you desperately need monitoring from small communities, then BL is the best choice on the market, otherwise go with another vendor.

BL does the best job in the industry for tracking small publication coverage...but it's still far from complete or real time.

"Great clipping service"

What do you like best?

I use BurrellsLuce as an addition to Cision for a clipping service for public relations. They catch most of the clips we are searching for, and the customer service team is great.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes BurrellsLuce misses clips, which can be frustrating for PR reporting.

Problems solved are finding coverage for clients. This is beneficial as it is time consuming to do so without the program.

WorkFlow review by Agency in Consumer Goods
Agency in Consumer Goods

"Burrelles is an intuitive tool that has proven helpful."

What do you like best?

I like having the client's name highlighted within the article as well as the search term at the top. It helps me quickly identify whether or not something I am using is relevant.

What do you dislike?

The clips themselves look a little dated and blurry. It would be nice to have something a little more client ready.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool for print only. You my have to supplement it with other media monitoring tools.

Burrelles shaves a lot of time off of doing monitoring and media reporting.

WorkFlow review by Claire C.
Claire C.

"Not the greatest interface"

What do you like best?

Burrelles captures everything, as long as you set your search terms correctly.

What do you dislike?

Old interface and wonky search function.

Despite the fact that most news is on the internet, there's still a lot of coverage that isn't captured online. Burrelles Luce helps make sure you don't miss anything.

WorkFlow review by Agency
Agency

"Various services in one portal"

What do you like best?

I receive daily emails with articles where our clients are mentioned.

What do you dislike?

As of right now, I have not had any issues with BurrellesLuce. Perhaps the interface could be slightly less clunky.

Its easier to find articles where our clients' names have appeared. We also use it to find journalists which helps when pitching.

WorkFlow review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Keeps me current"

What do you like best?

BL compiles all company mentions for me and sends them to my inbox each morning, keeping me up to speed on what the market is saying

What do you dislike?

At times I do not see articles until 3-4 days after they are published

We are able to reach out to media to schedule meet & greets, engage in proactive conversation and keep the company top of mind for industry writers.

"Burelles "

What do you like best?

I like that I am given accurate information pertianing to clips secured as well as can easily work with customer service to take out coverage that does not make sense for the client.

What do you dislike?

At this time, the service has been great and I don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact customer service to further evaluate your client needs.

Accuratley clipping coverage that can not be seen via just utlizing Google search services.

WorkFlow review by Kari C.
Kari C.

"BurrellesLuce Review "

What do you like best?

We were able to track media mentions all over the country, even in small town newspapers.

What do you dislike?

I wonder what sets it apart from Google Alerts which is a free service....but I'm guessing Google doesn't catch every single mention out there.

None that I can think of, it's a handy tool though.

WorkFlow review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Clipping service worth having"

What do you like best?

We use Burrelles for the print clipping service component, and it's a time saver!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Burrelles pulls in articles after the fact, and we need them in a more timely manner. Also, some of the publications we've been mentioned in do not pull through.

By using Burrelles, we don't have to constantly search for print articles.

WorkFlow review by Internal Consultant in Public Relations and Communications
Internal Consultant in Public Relations and Communications

"Good"

What do you like best?

Ability to calculate ad equvalency of media coverage.

What do you dislike?

Initial ad equivalency reports were not 100 percent reflective of what we did and needed some editing and fine tuning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They provide good service and offer strong support for questions and willing to provide additional info.

Able to deliver ad equivalency of media coverage to clients.

WorkFlow review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Very happy"

What do you like best?

Probably the best PR software out there right now

What do you dislike?

That the look is very outdated and analysis can be cumbersome

This isn't very applicable to me.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great for print monitoring "

What do you like best?

I like that it captures mentions in local publications all around the country.

What do you dislike?

Filters can be a little off sometimes and can grab irrelevant mentions, but this is easily rectified. The monitors are delayed in picking things up, but our client is aware of this and it hasn't been an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent print monitoring platform.

We use this platform as an addition to our other monitoring tools, specifically to monitor print publications. It

WorkFlow review by User in Internet

"Great tool & customer service"

What do you like best?

BurrellesLuce makes it easy to find print placements, eliminating the need to dig through magazines to find your brand mentions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a few days, even a week for articles to come through.

BurrellsLuce making finding your brand mentions in print articles easy and saves you hours of time.

"good monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to save placements in nicely clipped PDFs

What do you dislike?

We saw some stories we didn't need, but it was quickly resolved

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for tracking print placements

Easy print placement tracking in one place

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Great for tracking coverage"

What do you like best?

I like that Burelles easily tracks print coverage without any work on my end. I know that if I log in, I can easily check on what coverage has been logged since my last visit.

What do you dislike?

Burelles does a good job of catching most articles, but doesn't capture all. Or sometimes, it may take several days (or even weeks) for print coverage to show up in the queue.

This removes the need to subscribe to multiple print outlets and look through magazines or newspapers daily.

"BurrellesLuce review"

What do you like best?

It's very comprehensive and provides a lot of potential hits

What do you dislike?

It picks up irrelevant hits that are not related to my client

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to update your search terms frequently and provide them with a description of each term to avoid irrelevant searches

Media Monitoring

"Picks up print pieces."

What do you like best?

It picks up most of the print pieces and I can see how they actually appear in print.

What do you dislike?

There is a two paragraph limit on our account, so not all of the print pieces are picked up.

Picks up print.

WorkFlow review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Better than others"

What do you like best?

The news clips function is easy to use and saves time.

What do you dislike?

The platform has so many features that it can be hard to focus on specific tools I want to use.

Mostly news clips -- it helps our social media staff.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Very thorough, if you have the budget"

What do you like best?

The work is comprehensive and very helpful when doing a campaign with a far reach

What do you dislike?

It is so expensive and paper clips can take a while. Customer service is great, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the budget and ask for cheaper options, if you can.

It helps with monitoring better than Google alerts and using interns to scan hard copies

WorkFlow review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Burrelles Luce"

What do you like best?

The option to pull my own PR lists within the parameters that I want

What do you dislike?

EXTREMELY time consuming and way to much info to sort through

PR Lists - pushing pr distribution on our own through custom lists

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

" Not as reliable as Ciscion but has loyal user base "

What do you like best?

My clients like Burrelles, especially the ad equivalency rates.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t always match up with what other systems say and seems to inflate results when tracking impressions.

Tracking impressions in covergae

"Basic Media Monitoring"

What do you like best?

I like the press release distribution feature!

What do you dislike?

I think it needs a faster response time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re a PR startup, this platform is a must!

Media release distribution and monitoring.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Burrelles works like magic"

What do you like best?

Finds newspaper clippings I could never find myself

What do you dislike?

Errors occur somewhat often in the articles they find

Media monitoring for clients

WorkFlow review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Best Print Placement Tracking Service I've Used"

What do you like best?

Burrelles is one of the only media monitoring services I'm aware of that still monitors print media. Search queries are fairly easy to set up, and the price point is reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Placements still slip though the cracks. It's best used when you know a particular media outlet will be publishing a story that you want to check up on; in that case, have keywords set up ahead of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not aware of any viable alternatives.

Learning about BurrellesLuce WorkFlow?

* We monitor all BurrellesLuce WorkFlow reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.