Business Wire

Business Wire

Reach your press release and disclosure targets. Get more views with multimedia. Track your results and refine your message. Be the news everyone talks about.

Work for Business Wire?

Learning about Business Wire?

Business Wire Reviews

Ask Business Wire a Question
Showing 124 Business Wire reviews
Business Wire review by <span>Michelle F.</span>
Michelle F.

"It's fine for what it is, but not a game changer"

What do you like best?

They are very responsive and timely. I can count on that phone call coming after I press submit on the release. They get things done super fast even when they don't have to because the release will go out at a later date.

What do you dislike?

I think their pricing model is antiquated. Their business hasn't really kept up with the times and the thought of paying so much money per word just doesn't make sense from a digital perspective. It's also quite annoying that they make me change my password all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure the incremental value of using Business Wire would make them worth MORE money than other press release distributors, so make sure it makes sense for your business to spend this money.

We consolidated all of our press releases coming out of our multiple global businesses to one account. Before this contract, it was the wild west...everyone did their own thing. It allowed us to get a handle on media relations at my company, so that was a big win.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Business Wire
Business Wire review by <span>Kate S.</span>
Kate S.

"Business Wire is helpful for getting an important press release online "

What do you like best?

I like that Business Wire customer support is so incredibly helpful. Whenever I need something, they are VERY attentive and get back to me quickly answering all of my silly questions.

What do you dislike?

Business Wire takes a bit of time to get used to in my opinion. It can sometimes be tricky for new users, but my advice is to call their customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely connect with the support team if you have any questions. It seems complicated at first, but the support team is super helpful!

Many of my clients (Stericycle being my largest) are interested in putting an important press release with a new product announcement or pertinent company information on the wire. Business Wire is a great way to spread that positive news and creates fantastic recap reports that I can send to my clients with all of the necessary information.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

Business Wire review by <span>Tara F.</span>
Tara F.

"Business Wire"

What do you like best?

I love how you can directly submit a press release and it will be distributed throughout multiple platforms at once. This makes it super easy and effective to get your press release out rather than taking the time to send it out to multiple outlets/reporters. The media targeting tool is also helpful to track and monitor media coverage and activity.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the setup of the website as a whole, it is cluttered looking and makes things a little bit more confusing than it needs to be. I also think the price for the social media monitoring tool is way too pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool to use to speed up the process of getting your press releases out to the public, as well as tracking how much attention it is receiving.

We solve the problem of wasting too much time to get our press release out individually to separate outlets and media sources. We also find benefits with the media targeting tool by being able to monitor the media coverage that each press release receives.

Business Wire review by <span>David B.</span>
David B.

"Great Way to Gain Business PR and Brand Development"

What do you like best?

BusinessWire gets your press release published in recognized, credible online media that you can proudly link to on your company website and show the world you are professional. And for those with a publicly traded company, BusinessWire can help you meet all those publicity needs as well.

What do you dislike?

Other than the natural desire to save a buck with lower fees, there really is nothing to dislike about the service. Yes, there is a small learning curve, but once you send your first release you will be able to sale through the submission process from then on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend BusinessWire. I do not have any ties to them, and do not re-sell their services to my clients. I recommend them to clients who are in the best position to benefit from their services, and then I handle the writing and distribution process for my clients.

BusinessWire enables a press release to be published in hundreds of press locations online, that are found by Google and other search engines within hours, not days. Plus it provides a vast selection of published results that can be used on a website press sections, and in press kits.

Business Wire review by <span>Scott M.</span>
Scott M.

"Good quality service that gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Business Wire is fairly easy to use, and it is an effective method for distributing news across the wire. It's not particularly better than some of its competitors, but there are additional bells and whistles that are different.

What do you dislike?

In the PR industry we understand that these things cost a certain amount. That said, it's prohibitively expensive to distribute a press release if you're a small or growing company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that the service is expensive. Don't rely on Business Wire or any wire distribution service to get the stories for you.

The primary goal we have when distributing a press release over the wire is increasing SEO for the company. A secondary goal would be to raise awareness of the announcement in the release.

Business Wire review by <span>Emma C.</span>
Emma C.

"Great tool to make an SEO splash via PR"

What do you like best?

Business Wire is PR foundational must-have for businesses. Announcing key moment-in-time through Business Wire boosts your companies visibility to the media as well as through Google Search. Through its increased social and analytical capabilities, PR professionals can also more accurately report on Business Wire's distribution and pick up. Great first step in a solid PR strategy.

What do you dislike?

Business Wire is still kind of a clunky tool. It has definitely come a long way, but it definitely doesn't have the ease-of-use like some PR tools do. In the end, it's super easy to upload, but not always the most intuitive when selecting options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to call the office if you need help with a release! The support staff (particularly in Dallas) is wonderful. They have impeccable grammar and are super nice via phone.

As previously mentioned, Business Wire is the perfect first step for reaching out to press when launching a company, announcing a new product or highlighting other business moves. As the product has progressed, we've noticed with our clients that SEO value has increased steadily, and that pushing a release through Business Wire provides a solid base for keyword search.

Learn more about Business Wire

Business Wire Videos

Learning about Business Wire?

* We monitor all Business Wire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.