Business Wire

Business Wire

Reach your press release and disclosure targets. Get more views with multimedia. Track your results and refine your message. Be the news everyone talks about.

Work for Business Wire?

Learning about Business Wire?

Business Wire Reviews

Ask Business Wire a Question
Showing 152 Business Wire reviews
Business Wire review by Michelle F.
Michelle F.

"It's fine for what it is, but not a game changer"

What do you like best?

They are very responsive and timely. I can count on that phone call coming after I press submit on the release. They get things done super fast even when they don't have to because the release will go out at a later date.

What do you dislike?

I think their pricing model is antiquated. Their business hasn't really kept up with the times and the thought of paying so much money per word just doesn't make sense from a digital perspective. It's also quite annoying that they make me change my password all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure the incremental value of using Business Wire would make them worth MORE money than other press release distributors, so make sure it makes sense for your business to spend this money.

We consolidated all of our press releases coming out of our multiple global businesses to one account. Before this contract, it was the wild west...everyone did their own thing. It allowed us to get a handle on media relations at my company, so that was a big win.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Business Wire
Business Wire review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"Business Wire is helpful for getting an important press release online "

What do you like best?

I like that Business Wire customer support is so incredibly helpful. Whenever I need something, they are VERY attentive and get back to me quickly answering all of my silly questions.

What do you dislike?

Business Wire takes a bit of time to get used to in my opinion. It can sometimes be tricky for new users, but my advice is to call their customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely connect with the support team if you have any questions. It seems complicated at first, but the support team is super helpful!

Many of my clients (Stericycle being my largest) are interested in putting an important press release with a new product announcement or pertinent company information on the wire. Business Wire is a great way to spread that positive news and creates fantastic recap reports that I can send to my clients with all of the necessary information.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Great Product for PR Agencies and Trade"

What do you like best?

Our agent is always helpful helping us choose which lists to target. Always available to talk and gets the process moving. It is great having someone you can depend on, John Napolatino is so easy to work with with. He is so friendly and knowledgeable, and very patient when we are on a deadline

What do you dislike?

It is a great service, it would be great to have discounts available for loyal users! It's also hard to keep some press releases under 400 words or it costs extra money, so that makes the review process take a bit longer. Maybe an increase to 425 words would be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pricey, but worth it for hiring announcements, industry announcements, mergers etc. It targets the right reporters and it's great for national news as well in each industry.

No business problems. Puts our press release out there on sites so it shows as an official article with links, and I like the measuring impact tool, useful when reporting back to clients. Our manager is awesome he has come down from NYC to meet with us and helped us learn a lot more when we first started using him

Business Wire review by Tara F.
Tara F.

"Business Wire"

What do you like best?

I love how you can directly submit a press release and it will be distributed throughout multiple platforms at once. This makes it super easy and effective to get your press release out rather than taking the time to send it out to multiple outlets/reporters. The media targeting tool is also helpful to track and monitor media coverage and activity.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the setup of the website as a whole, it is cluttered looking and makes things a little bit more confusing than it needs to be. I also think the price for the social media monitoring tool is way too pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool to use to speed up the process of getting your press releases out to the public, as well as tracking how much attention it is receiving.

We solve the problem of wasting too much time to get our press release out individually to separate outlets and media sources. We also find benefits with the media targeting tool by being able to monitor the media coverage that each press release receives.

Business Wire review by David B.
David B.

"Great Way to Gain Business PR and Brand Development"

What do you like best?

BusinessWire gets your press release published in recognized, credible online media that you can proudly link to on your company website and show the world you are professional. And for those with a publicly traded company, BusinessWire can help you meet all those publicity needs as well.

What do you dislike?

Other than the natural desire to save a buck with lower fees, there really is nothing to dislike about the service. Yes, there is a small learning curve, but once you send your first release you will be able to sale through the submission process from then on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend BusinessWire. I do not have any ties to them, and do not re-sell their services to my clients. I recommend them to clients who are in the best position to benefit from their services, and then I handle the writing and distribution process for my clients.

BusinessWire enables a press release to be published in hundreds of press locations online, that are found by Google and other search engines within hours, not days. Plus it provides a vast selection of published results that can be used on a website press sections, and in press kits.

Business Wire review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Good quality service that gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Business Wire is fairly easy to use, and it is an effective method for distributing news across the wire. It's not particularly better than some of its competitors, but there are additional bells and whistles that are different.

What do you dislike?

In the PR industry we understand that these things cost a certain amount. That said, it's prohibitively expensive to distribute a press release if you're a small or growing company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that the service is expensive. Don't rely on Business Wire or any wire distribution service to get the stories for you.

The primary goal we have when distributing a press release over the wire is increasing SEO for the company. A secondary goal would be to raise awareness of the announcement in the release.

Business Wire review by Emma C.
Emma C.

"Great tool to make an SEO splash via PR"

What do you like best?

Business Wire is PR foundational must-have for businesses. Announcing key moment-in-time through Business Wire boosts your companies visibility to the media as well as through Google Search. Through its increased social and analytical capabilities, PR professionals can also more accurately report on Business Wire's distribution and pick up. Great first step in a solid PR strategy.

What do you dislike?

Business Wire is still kind of a clunky tool. It has definitely come a long way, but it definitely doesn't have the ease-of-use like some PR tools do. In the end, it's super easy to upload, but not always the most intuitive when selecting options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to call the office if you need help with a release! The support staff (particularly in Dallas) is wonderful. They have impeccable grammar and are super nice via phone.

As previously mentioned, Business Wire is the perfect first step for reaching out to press when launching a company, announcing a new product or highlighting other business moves. As the product has progressed, we've noticed with our clients that SEO value has increased steadily, and that pushing a release through Business Wire provides a solid base for keyword search.

Business Wire review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Predictable, professional, secure"

What do you like best?

Hands-on attention to press release distribution and everything that goes along with it.

What do you dislike?

What BusinessWire counts as "online and mobile postings" are often quite ridiculous. They use this "Financial Content" syndicated service that sticks generic release postings on some server and claim it as coverage . The releases all look exactly the same, clients aren't fooled, and it's probably one of the worst things about BusinessWire - they are dishonest in calling these hits. Their overall distribution and visibility helps compensate for this, but its extremely frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the most respected and secure release distributions services in the business. Be aware of their metrics on how many postings they can deliver. Others in the industry do this as well to inflate their numbers.

Visibility, awareness, target audience engagement, social visibility.

Business Wire review by Tyler K.
Tyler K.

"Reliable vendor for press release distribution fighting to stay relevant"

What do you like best?

BusinessWire is definitely the go-to service when it comes to press release distribution. While you'll find little variation among the leading players in this space (Marketwired, PRNewswire etc.), BusinessWire offers a range of additional multimedia services. Their support and account teams are also incredibly responsive and quick to help out with any requests or problems.

What do you dislike?

While their prices are competitive with other industry vendors, the results almost never justify the cost. The fact of the matter is that traditional press releases and wire services are a dying breed and a press release will rarely guarantee organic media coverage. Press releases work for large companies communicating with their stakeholders, but those companies that are paying close attention to budget would be better off writing a press release and distributing it to a targeted media list or a series of news assignment desks.

BusinessWire hasn't and won't solved the fundamental business challenges that PR clients face - Getting their message heard by the right people. The tool is a means to an end - a way to say you've checked the boxes of getting a press release out - but it has little value outside of achieving that very specific task.

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Expensive but top of the line press distribution"

What do you like best?

Allows you to reach a broad audience globally, more so than other newswires. The staff are also very responsive and helpful - I've had newsroom staff call me and tell me they noticed a typo and offered to fix it for me.

What do you dislike?

It's very costly. It starts at about $400 but can add up very quickly. Pictures and any multimedia are an extra cost as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Due to the high price point - its best to use for press releases that are very important or will add value to your SEO efforts.

My firm serves clients with a large global presence - we don't have the resources or contacts to enter those markets ourselves so BW allows us to get coverage out in other markets.

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy to use, not worth money"

What do you like best?

It's always been easy to submit a press release, select necessary demographics, and release through BusinessWire.

What do you dislike?

It's insanely expensive, and in the last 5 or so years, sending PRs over the wire has lost most all benefits. Links don't stay active for very long, and most of the links aren't even visible on the media outlet's websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very strategic in the selections you make with your audiences. Sometimes smaller is better (and cheaper). You can get something out of this if you're using it correctly, but spending thousands of dollars of your client or business's for little return can be a very risky move.

n/a - I don't think this is a solution like it once was.

Business Wire review by Tylor T.
Tylor T.

"Top of the line - very helpful staff"

What do you like best?

Staff is always responsive and helpful - I always feel like they are a trusted partner in helping us distribute important client news.

What do you dislike?

No real complaints from my end. If I'm being nit-picky, I wish it was a bit easier to add a new client account instead of calling them every time.

We use Business Wire to distribute our clients' news announcements, and have reaped the benefit of increased exposure and more media coverage for our clients.

Business Wire review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Writing and Editing
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Writing and Editing

"Business Wire is still the essential news release platform"

What do you like best?

Business Wire is great for first time users because it is easy to use, it has a wide range of distribution outlets to choose from, and its in-depth reports make it well worth the investment for a business of any size.

What do you dislike?

Business Wire has prohibitive costs for each distribution, particularly for smaller scale releases intended for more specific audiences. Furthermore, their additional costs for media content like pictures and videos is costly, particularly for larger scale releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Business Wire has value for business small and large, but it provides more value for larger companies. Simply because larger companies tend to have news intended to reach larger audiences, and the costs are not as prohibitive as they are for smaller companies.

Business Wire solved my largest problem: when my clients need to quickly make an announcement, and when my clients need to widely distribute a news or press release.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Helpful service for distributing press release on the wire"

What do you like best?

Both public relations agencies I worked for were very focused on getting coverage for media that was a result of direct pitching with national, local, and trade reporters, instead of relying on a wire distribution. That said, there is a large amount of value for certain clients (especially public companies) to send press releases out on the wire, and I used it on a subscription basis for one particular client. At my latest agency, I only used it on an ad hoc basis. The Business Wire team is very, very helpful and dealt with me managing a variety of changes and requests for a particular press release. They always answered my calls and helped me regardless of how many times it changed.

What do you dislike?

Business Wire is very, very expensive and many clients do not see the value based on how much it costs. In addition, a lot of the stories go dead after a certain amount of time so doesn't work well for tracking coverage and stories with clients long term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it if a client is requesting wire distribution or you do not have the power to do all the point to point pitching necessary to get the client coverage that they're looking for.

Getting coverage with media is the top priority for public relations agencies so Business Wire did help solidify coverage with particular clients, which was greatly appreciated. That said, a lot of what Business Wire does can be solved by point to point pitching from public relations agencies, so it depends on how large a team is whether you would like to outsource that or not. I do recommend Business Wire over other competitors.

Business Wire review by Consultant

"Great customer support"

What do you like best?

It's a very good service for press release distribution but I think the best is the customer support. When you have any problem or doubt they are really friendly. You can get many people and companies. I like to discover more information and I know that my information will be well distributed. I've udes other services and I think this is the easiest. Moreover you can find different media information and you can measure well the results. At the beginnig it can be difficult to use, but staff is so nice that problems are soved quickly.

What do you dislike?

I'd like more information in spanish or in other languages. It could be good more support in spanish because there are many customers who speak spanish. Sometimes I have problems with visualization in some devices, but not always. It's not very useful when your piblic is very local or small, but it is great when you are talking to all the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

more content in more languages

It help us to show to world what my company does. I work with a NGO and we need to publicize the activities we do to attract sponsors and we got better results with this service. It's difficult to get budget for some activities if companies don't know you. And sponsors like to see their news everywhere. I didn't have to pay it so, I don't know the prize, but I heard it's quite expensive. In my company the benefits outweighed the cost.

Business Wire review by User in Computer Software

"Good supplemental tool for in-house PR team; media pick-up rate not guaranteed"

What do you like best?

It's an easy-to-use press release distribution tool. You can select media from different industries, states/ countries, etc. Of course the more outlets you include, the more fees you pay. For instance, you might select all entertainment media and local media in Los Angeles, and of course you don't know who they really are. They also include a useful reporting system for people to check the campaign efficiency.

I'd say it's great for companies with in-house PR team to use as a supplemental tool (you have to have your own media list) and startups who don't have a dedicated PR team to get your words out. Eventually if you want better results, you will need your own PR team or an agency.

What do you dislike?

There is no guarantee how many editors will pick up your story. It really depends on how interesting the story is. No complaint for that. What I don't like about the service is that 1) most editors just copy and paste press releases from Business Wire within an hour after the release (of course timing is the key for journalists, but I still wonder if they have a bot for re-posting), 2) many low tier media are included when you check the final report (e.g. you might see that 100+ websites picked up your story and maybe 20 or 30 don't even have 500 daily unique visitors, and you didn't know this when you select media).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Business Wire does its job; just don't reply on it.

Press release distribution

Business Wire review by Leslie H.
Leslie H.

"Customer since 2012"

What do you like best?

The staff out of Charlotte NC is always responsive to my requests. The are easy to work with and Casey Fetters was a very good account rep, I was sorry to hear that she was leaving the company after working with her for 4 years.

I have used Business Wire at several different companies and appreciate that they are not high pressure sales like their competitors. BW has a better reputation and I believe is more respected as a source of news.

What do you dislike?

The service is expensive compared to others,

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a long time, I only sent press releases on occasion. Over time, the NA market became the predominate market for the company. Casey Fetters saw this increase and spoke to me about getting an annual contract with Business Wire. This ultimately saved us money and really says a great deal about BW's level of customer service and respectability. Customers should consider BW a partner in the PR planning and talk to them about a plan the best works with their goals. This will lead to a package that will help them meet their goals and potentially save them some money.

Business Wire has significantly increased our coverage in NA and is now helping us with select coverage in EMEA. We are now using them for news in UK/Ireland and D/A/CH. I am looking forward to see how this new service will impact our PR efforts in these regions.

Business Wire review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good Wire, Not Great for Pickup"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy the Business Wire platform was on the backend to put out a release. They made it simple and offered great customer service for when I had questions/concerns.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find the pickup to be that great. It was shown on the major wire publications pickup sites, but didn't get much beyond that which was surprising to me based on the content of the release. When meeting with Business Wire to discuss options, I felt like the package was very comprehensive; but after distributing a release, it only seemed to touch wires and not much beyond that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at press release distribution wires I find them to all have similar packages and pricing. It's important to review your business needs and evaluate from there which wire will best serve your company goals.

Solving the problem of how to amplify our message to the business-focused crowd.The benefits of having an easy to use platform with a great customer service team were helpful.

Business Wire review by Jake D.
Jake D.

"Guarantees exposure, but at a steep cost "

What do you like best?

BusinessWire had made a name for itself as a premier outlet for distributions, and the results are there for clients when you use the platform. Reporting is robust and provides actionable insight.

What do you dislike?

The cost of distributing can be extremely high, sometimes racking up to over $5,000 for one release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that everything in the release is 110% accurate. Once published, editing is going to be the cost of an entirely new release.

Getting coverage for majoring announcements on top-tier outlets.

Business Wire review by Cindy A.
Cindy A.

"Decent but not the best"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily save and access my past distributions as I always sent my releases over the wire to the exact same group.

What do you dislike?

I disliked when after submitting a release for distribution, when calling to confirm, the account representative would try to "upsell" me to add additional distributions since they were never of interest to me.

I am able to widely distribute news releases and content with Business Wire.

Business Wire review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"Innovative ways to get out News "

What do you like best?

Business Wire is simply the most cutting edge news devivery service currently on the market. I use it especially to reach public affairs reporters. It serves needs well beyond businesses.

What do you dislike?

Even though it has superior reach around public affairs issues, the name can give some of my issue-based clients pause.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to the staff about your needs.

The staff will work with you, talk through issues, and come up with solutions.

Business Wire review by Chelsea L.
Chelsea L.

"Easy to use, good reporting"

What do you like best?

It's a simple platform to use with easy formatting. They also provide detailed reporting on how the release did, including social reach. The customer service is excellent. They are available any time, which is critical for PR.

What do you dislike?

It is an expensive service which can be difficult if you're using it for clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to ask for their editorial team to review your release before it posts. They caught a few mistakes for me and also gave me a call to confirm when everything was ready to go. I never had to worry if it was sent or not.

Getting client news out to trade publications.

Business Wire review by Britny K.
Britny K.

"Good service not worth the price"

What do you like best?

Very good customer service and reports that are automatically sent to you.

What do you dislike?

The price isn't worth the results you get as the links do not typically live longer than 24 hours on a site. The distribution is a bit confusing and not clear on price.

We only use Business Wire because our clients still think putting press releases out on the wire is useful. We don't actively promote using it.

Business Wire review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Effective News Wire Distribution Tool"

What do you like best?

It's simple and easy to use. Unlike some other platforms that require you to format your press release content via a cumbersome online text editor, all you have to do with Business Wire is upload your press release document. They take care of the rest.

What do you dislike?

Business Wire is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Effective if you can afford it.

News wire distribution

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Solid distribution and easy to use; needs better reporting"

What do you like best?

The online platform is easy to use. And the service does what it says -- distributes your news across online platforms. The SEO capabilities are decent as well.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is only so-so. They produce all sorts of graphs and charts for you, but there is very little meaning behind them. For instance, they say your release appeared on hundreds of websites, with millions in potential circulation/readership. That's a very inaccurate view of readership/visibility though. Would be great if they could track actual views (not potential views) and click-throughs.

The biggest benefit is indexing your news on Google searches. Secondary is getting a few stories picked up by trade press.

Business Wire review by Nathan I.
Nathan I.

"Great service for a wide reach"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and very user friendly, they list out each and every publication you can expect to target, the staff and technicians are extremely helpful, and the service is very reliable. Follow-up and reporting after the release has been sent is also very useful. The social feature is a great add on as well.

What do you dislike?

It can be slightly expensive, but at the same time you get a lot for what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you want the most bang for your buck

We have clients that need their news to be sent out to a wide audience, much larger than what we can guaranteed via traditional pitching, and Businesswire solves that problem.

Business Wire review by Fran J.
Fran J.

"Review of Business Wire"

What do you like best?

Bernadette McCormick and her team at the Minneapolis Business Wire office provide personal attention and great customer service. Their work is accurate, timely and I can see they work well as a team. For some of the other sections, please note that I don't negotiate the contract for UnitedHealth Group. That is done by our Communications team and they know information I don't on the terms/pricing, etc. It would have been nice to provide space for me to add this comment under the other sections.

What do you dislike?

On very rare occasions, errors occur from the back up office in San Francisco, but it has never created a real problem. I always watch for the release to cross the wire and be followed by an email to the IR list, so I always know if something has happened. When I call them, they are quick to resolve the issue. For example, I sent over a news release this week which was supposed to go National and then to our IR email list. I saw it cross National and waited for it to go to our email list. When it didn't come through in a few minutes I called. It had been set up as a separate order and got list. They were able to locate it and get it out right away which I appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Business Wire team in Minneapolis provides great customer service, quick response times and accurate delivery of news wire services. I highly recommend them.

We are a huge company and are always working on solutions to complex business issues. My use of Business Wire is to disseminate critical, time sensitive information not only to the public but to investors and analysts as well. As the investor relations assistant, I use Business Wire to send out corporate news releases and information to our IR email list directly from the highest executives at UnitedHealth Group. It is good to be able to pick up the phone and call any member of the team I know they will get whatever we need done. I also appreciate Bernadette's leadership with the NIRI group in the Twin Cities. Plus, she has gone out of her way to connect the other IR assistants who work for large companies in town so we can grow and learn from each other. She's great to work with on these efforts.

Business Wire review by Johanna A.
Johanna A.

"Useful and Efficient"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to use and how the support team is always there to help me when I need it. They make it easy for me to upload my release and make edits when I needed. It's easy for me to monitor the results of my press release and easily share them with my team. I like that Business Wire is open 24 hours a day for support because I am usually uploading press releases at midnight-2am so it's nice to have someone available to walk me through the editing process, if edits need to be made, and ensuring the right information goes out at the right time. That probably makes the biggest difference for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am unable to copy and paste the mobile pick up into a grid now that they have started used image graphics like 'x's and check marks. It takes me a lot more time now to get those results in a grid post event day and that's not always good because there's usually a lot to do post-event. I also dislike how you have to add "ADDING MULTIMEDIA" to releases after you add photos/videos because it makes the release look clunky and unclean in my personal opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I honestly use Business Wire in a very simplistic way so I'm not fully equipped to give feedback and advice to others. All I know is that it is great to upload my releases and I am given support when I need it.

I have realized the benefit of getting my release syndicated and easily gaining millions of impressions.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"One of the best wire services"

What do you like best?

Business Wire is easy to use, has excellent customer support, and syndicates better than the vast majority of wire services out there.

What do you dislike?

It's pricy, but it's worth it if you are looking for maximum ROI from issuing a press release. The mandatory social media monitoring charge isn't great either, especially because I don't find much value in the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BusinessWire is pricy, so I recommend it only if your company truly has something of value to say or if you're making a major announcement. Its SEO indexes well, but you can also implement cheaper tactics if you're simply looking to appear at the top of search results. If, however, you do need to put an announcement out on the wire, it's the way to go and is far superior to other wire services I used.

Business Wire helps get my clients' news out there and maximizes impact.

Business Wire review by Christina A.
Christina A.

"Simple System for Press Release Distribution"

What do you like best?

I've used other distribution platforms, and Business Wire is my preferred tool. The process for setting us a distribution is easy and yields notable coverage. You can schedule a release ahead of time or at the last minute and the Business Wire team will ensure it goes out. There are a number of credible and relevant trade lists that you can send a release to, in addition to mainstream media outlets. Business Wire also provides access to useful, easy-to-read reports that I can forward to clients for review. In addition to media coverage, Business Wire also offers insight into social media analytics. The Business Wire team is also available 24/7 to answer any questions.

What do you dislike?

There have been times when the Business Wire team has missed spelling errors or minor typos in a release. Also on rare occasions, the site has had technical issues, preventing a release from going out.

Business Wire allows us to distribute our clients' news to a vast, yet targeted audience. This not only helps secure media coverage, but helps with SEO as well.

Business Wire review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Misleading Pricing and Poor Business Practices"

What do you like best?

Their national network and trade publications. But they are not the only wire service that offers this same access.

What do you dislike?

Was going to post a client's press release online, and noted on their pricing that US distribution (not regional or specific circuits) started at $415 for 400 words. Our agency's press release was 70 words over, so called for what the additional words would cost. Was quoted a $900+ base rate, plus $205 for the additional words. No problem with the additional word cost, but when I brought the misleading language up to the local rep, then spoke with the vice president of sales, was told they could understand why it was misleading and clearly it needed to be reworded, but they refused to honor the $415 base cost. Really?? At $500 it would have been inexpensive solution to preserving positive customer relations. When I noted to the VP that when we, as an agency, makes a mistake, we make good on it to our clients. He said he was sorry, and they would change the language on the page, but they were not willing to make any allowances or give any sort of a discount. Found this disingenuous and showcased poor business practices. Surprised at Business Wire not standing behind their product and their own website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around for alternatives, such as PR Newswire, PR Underground, PR Web and others.

We handle public relations for a variety of clients and have been in business 25 years.

Business Wire review by Agency in Media Production
Agency in Media Production

"Is this buyer is the key tool"

What do you like best?

Is this buyer is the key toolThe customer service is amazing… They really know their stuff even when you’re asking them very difficult questions.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve when you’re coming to use the product for the first couple months, but the best thing to do is to just keep trying and call customer support they are there to help you

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think business wire is worth a try, definitely call the customer service line because they have a lot more information they can assist if you’re in a bind

I create videos for clients, and they need to be released in the public and hopefully caught up by some press.

Business Wire review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Review of Business Wire "

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a decent program

Business Wire review by Tyler L.
Tyler L.

"Business Wire - it may cost an organ, but it's sometimes worth it for the service"

What do you like best?

I love the relationship that I have with the business wire staff. Working in PR, personal relationship are a central function to my success, and Business Wire's orientation towards customer service really keeps me coming back, despite the steep prices for distributions. Additionally, my clients are always pleased with the wire pickups that BWire facilitates.

What do you dislike?

The price is the biggest issue. I get that we have to pay a minor additional fee to execute such grandiose releases but relative to other markets, I can attest that conversations surrounding competing agency's pricing can murky up the waters, especially when it's crunch time.

Also, it would be great if they allowed for a place for the links to releases to live, without distributions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lower pricing, and offer your clients release links to live, even if it's for a trial or the links expire; there is just a ton of ways of executing something like that and it hasn't been done, seems way behind the times.

Problems that we are solving, tiered-social amplification, robust market touchpoints for information.

Benefits, Simple UI.

Business Wire review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Business Wire is an intuitive, user-friendly site."

What do you like best?

I like that Business Wire allows you to search specifically for stories with photos—which is great when posting articles to the web.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it seems like the articles aren't filtered very well in the search engine. Business Wire can give you too many stories, some of which aren't applicable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Business Wire is a great press release distribution engine when you need photos to go with your articles.

Finding news items to post to my magazine's website. (I have to post roughly 8 news items/week)

Business Wire review by Jess M.
Jess M.

"Simple effective system yielding impressive coverage"

What do you like best?

It's an easy to use system that yields great coverage/reach. I like the option for copy review and that the customer service teams are just a call away. It's also easy to distribute a press release very quickly because you can save distributions under a client so that the same information pops up each time you are sending a release for that account. I also like the reporting that Business Wire provides. You can see how many views the press release got over a particular timeframe. You can also view social media analytics. You can also set up a press release to go out at a certain time, making it easy to set it up the night before or even a week before.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times when a minor grammatical error has slipped by myself as well as the copy editors but it's very rare for this to happen.

We're able to get our clients' news releases widely distributed, yielding them great coverage on credible sites and on social media. They get Google alerts sent to them and these press releases appear in those alerts so it's great exposure for the work we do.

Business Wire review by Mike N.
Mike N.

"Better than the rest but also more expensive "

What do you like best?

I like that there are a lot of options available for distributing press releases to targeted audiences across geographies and industries.

What do you dislike?

Sending a press release internationally can be very costly. Overall it is one of the more expensive press release distribution services out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't mind the cost of the of the service this is the best wire service available for a variety of reasons. Make sure you take a look at all potential costs for where you would like to distribute a release before agreeing to use their service full time.

The service helps distribute press releases to a wide variety of media outlets and targets across different industries. Their reporting tools are very good and provide the necessary insight needed to quantify the success of an announcement.

Business Wire review by Jenna O.
Jenna O.

"Pretty simple to use, good tool for wire sharing "

What do you like best?

I like that Businesswire is a good tool to share information on the wire and that it is distributed to a very large range of sites and outlets.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it can be difficult to navigate at times. Also, sometimes there are not enough topics listed to describe the release that I send out. It would be nice to have more variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very good tool and it is fairly priced compared to others. It may be a little more expensive but it is worth it when looking at how many hits we have received on certain topics. It has been very helpful.

Businesswire allows my company to reach thousands more people than I would be able to reach without a wire distribution. It helps to get our news out and it sends it to a lot of well known sites and outlets.

Business Wire review by Marily G.
Marily G.

"This is Why we use it "

What do you like best?

Business Wire provides dozens of industry- , topic- and language-specific RSS feeds, giving you up-to-date news on the topics you cover, plus fast access to all of our multimedia news every day.

What do you dislike?

I Would like if it had more variety. It could be more user friendly and offer a larger variety of clients. With more content it could give more variety and options for info ti use as publications.

We've been using it for content

Business Wire review by Stephen U.
Stephen U.

"It's all Business"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and understand while learning the differences that each new product has. Tech support, when needed is available with short wait times

What do you dislike?

The updates are far too many, which require learning new hot keys and what they do. Seems once you get it all down, they throw something new to gunk up the works

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good program. Give it a try.

Time management is much easier because the software does things that took much.longer

Business Wire review by Gordon G.
Gordon G.

"A simple, yet powerful to get the word out"

What do you like best?

The comprehensive tools included in Business Wire allow you to closely control the distribution of your press releases. Users have complete control of the geographic location broken down by major cities, regions and states. You can also pinpoint the industries that pertain to your press release to assure that your announcement is being seen by your target audience.

What do you dislike?

Although the user interface is very comprehensive, it can also be overwhelming in the options that are available. One more level of categories would allow users to fine tune their targeting without the mass amount of industry options.

It would also be more helpful to further delineate which services are included in the base price and which are premium options at an additional cost. It does specify, however there is a mandatory online option that has a similar name as a premium option that can mislead the user. Including this web option in the base price item and adding the cost to it would clear up this process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can only recommend the press release functions since that is the only function that I have used, however Business Wire has met that need quite well.

Business Wire has been an extremely useful tool in circulating announcements from our organization, and improving our web presence for our SEO efforts.

Business Wire review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"Easy to Use and Friendly Service"

What do you like best?

I like that everyone I have ever worked with at BusinessWire has been helpful and friendly. It's also easy to navigate and send a release.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I really dislike anything about my experience with BW. It has been pretty minimal but like I said, everyone is helpful.

We need to distribute our info to a many people as possible and the breakdowns that BW has are very precise and targeted. It also provides a nice breakdown of reach that our clients love to see.

Business Wire review by Julie R.
Julie R.

"Business Wire Changed the Way We Did Business"

What do you like best?

I love Business Wire. Just having the service increased visibility of the company that in turn lead to speaking engagements and activities that ended up being strategic game changers for us!

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to have been able to target tighter that we did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may think that PR is something outside of your grasp or very costly and it can be. With that said, it does not have to be. Business Wire made PR accessible and attainable. The stats were great in helping me to determine the effectiveness and I actually obtained solid leads by following up with the businesses that posted our press release.

Awareness. Social engagement. Awareness by people that I did not know had interest.

Business Wire review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Not sure why this industry/service hasn't been disrupted yet"

What do you like best?

That I can get my press releases out on the wire.

What do you dislike?

That the only way to get my release out, requires me to use this service. For as much as everything is aggregated not sure there needs to be a service to push out a press release to the "wire". Just seems a bit archaic, to me.

Make sure our releases always hit the wire to get the coverage we are looking to get for our company. We get a lot of content pushed out to the wire but so much is still aggregated by bloggers, press has a bias for what they like to cover, etc. Again, seems a bit archaic for the way press is now covered and released.

Business Wire review by Consultant in Education Management
Consultant in Education Management

"Charge by the word: Good luck with that"

What do you like best?

Yes, it's a pretty effective means of getting your info out. We did see positive results.

What do you dislike?

This is not such a great choice with a limited budget. You get charged by the word, which is not a problem if you are a well-funded organization. For nonprofits or businesses on a budget, you are too aware of every word having a cost.

It indeed did help provide a good bump for a business I worked with that previously had zero digital footprint. So if you can afford it, it's one of many good tools in your marketing tool belt.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great service for the fast-paced media industry "

What do you like best?

Fantastic customer service- Business Wire account executives always reach out to me within minutes to confirm release time, share any grammatical/ AP style guide edits/suggestions, etc. Business Wire makes those last minute announcements easy with their quick service.

What do you dislike?

I've had trouble with translations in the past. For international companies releasing global news, wires are generally the easiest option for translations, but I've had clients complain that the translated text is not the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great choice in terms of press release distribution both in terms of outreach and in terms of customer support. If translations is something you will need, however, I'd recommend looking at an outside party, or at least have someone fluent and able to review Business Wire's translations, knowing these often take days to turn around.

Business Wire makes both national and global announcements simple for reasonable pricing. Press release pick-up is usually very efficient, and the metrics report they share with every announcement is extremely helpful as a PR professional sharing results with clients.

Business Wire review by Mariko S.
Mariko S.

"Great opp. to find leads"

What do you like best?

Overall I like how easy it is to use business wire and how responsive their team is when it comes to questions related to uploading press releases.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a bit pricey but I can see the value in using BW vs other competitors especially when it comes to measuring the results.

I am solving issues related to finding appropriate contact information for businesses and getting pick-up on a wide range of sites.

Business Wire review by Gabrielle T.
Gabrielle T.

"Business Wire review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, learned best practices, have well informed account managers, news room is very supportive!

What do you dislike?

additional fees for social/mobile/measureable

Recommendations to others considering the product

make regular calls with your account managers, they can teach you so many features that you are able to receive free of charge

distribution for our company news

Business Wire review by User

"Excellent service, but the pressure is on!"

What do you like best?

If mistakes or potential errors are caught, representatives will call to ensure accuracy before releases a news release.

What do you dislike?

Rules are very strict, not allowing a single word over the max set. No flexibility there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very clear on terms set for word count, geographic distribution and other settings, as they are fixed and difficult to negotiate later.

We are able to provide our news for general pick up and availability to reporters across the US and EMEA. We have been able to share our stories and business developments this way.

Business Wire review by Linh D.
Linh D.

"Business Wire has been the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure"

What do you like best?

Automatic and direct posting of press releases.

What do you dislike?

potential stumbling blocks include the need for companies to surrender some control over research directions and concerns on both sides about confidentiality and publishing of results

risk reduction achieved through outsourcing of early-stage research, accelerated development, and more efficient use of resources.

Learn more about Business Wire

Business Wire Videos

Learning about Business Wire?

* We monitor all Business Wire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.