busuu

busuu - the free language learning community

Work for busuu?

Learning about busuu?

Compare busuu to Similar Solutions

busuu Reviews

Showing 7 busuu reviews
busuu review by <span>Viacheslav Z.</span>
Viacheslav Z.

"Excellent service for learning foreign languages"

What do you like best?

Busuu is an excellent option for improving your skills of owning a foreign language. Excellent explanation before the lecture. Easy and understandable grammar lessons. It is the explanation of the grammar busuu that does much better than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

I do not really like the presentation of the material and its evaluation. If you did not make an accent in the verification, then it's just an error. It seems to me that it will be difficult for a beginner to learn the language from scratch, but to improve his knowledge very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent service for learning foreign languages. First I tried the free version but soon decided to buy a paid subscription for a year. I doubted, but the service offered me a good discount and I still decided and bought the full version. Highly recommend.

For the growth of the career ladder, I had to improve my English skills. We started working with foreign suppliers and I had to deal with some accounting issues with them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about busuu
busuu review by <span>Benjamin G.</span>
Benjamin G.

"A solid language learning platform"

What do you like best?

Busuu is a great way to start learning a language if only because of the fact that it provides free-access to some powerful learning tools. I like how Busuu explains the concepts of a language in addition to teaching you the vocabulary. I think it does this better than most of its competitors.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is how unforgiving the grading is. If you don't put an accent in the right spot or if you don't capitalize the first letter of a sentence, you don't get credit for the question. This really bothers me because I think it negatively impacts the learner's attitude. I also find the vocals to be of a lower quality than several other language learning packages. It would be much better if the grading was more forgiving. The premium access provides a even more learning tools, but I personally think it is priced too high when there are so many other language options out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering learning a language, or helping others to learn a language, I would definitely recommend giving Busuu a try. There are several similar free options, and I think that each one has its own flavor. Find the one that works best for you and stick with it.

We had some of our students use Busuu prior to an international trip in order to learn some basic language skills. It was succesful.

What Language Learning solution do you use?

busuu review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"A very fun and useful tool to start off learning a new language"

What do you like best?

It provides you with a very efficient amount of vocabulary, exercises and basic grammar. It also has a discussion board where you can post blog-like articles to put what you learn to use or ask natives about something.It also allows you to help people who are learning your mother tongue through replying to their articles or chatting through hangout or Skype. when you start at first you can have the option to take a language level estimation test.

What do you dislike?

The courses it offered doesn't help you learn a language beyond the basics, so if you're more or less in an intermediate level in a language then I think this software won't add much to your knowledge. It has a limited number of languages and some languages doesn't have a level estimation test like Turkish

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's really useful for someone who is learning a new language from scratch but not an intermediate learner.

I use it personally almost daily because it makes me use my free time in a beneficial way. As I work in an academic Committee we have to do a lot o research on new technologies in the construction world and the new methods of implementation and of course to get good and updated material I have to search in many websites that are not all in English so for that I had to personally work on myself to be able to learn other languages and translate and understand different articles in different languages especially French that I'm mostly interested in currently and it is what I'm learning with Busuu

busuu review by <span>Naomi R.</span>
Naomi R.

"Better for advanced learners"

What do you like best?

I like the different ways busuu asks for information. Instead of repeating information, it also requires you to make inferences as you become more advanced. The activities where you listen and then choose a phrase that summarizes what was said is especially helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are exercises where you match opposite words or where you choose the end of a sentence. These are good activities in theory, but it took a minute to figure out how to do them properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the placement test feature so that you will be placed in a level that is appropriately challenging for your skill set.

Busuu helps me both improve my French skills while giving me ideas for ways to work with and test my students.

busuu review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Such a wonderful language learning software"

What do you like best?

I've tried many language learning software but this one was the best. The content and material it has is very sufficient and its teaching methods are very clear, accurate and clingy and helps you easily memorize words and sentences. Its courses are Very well structured.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a large pool of languages to learn but the quality of the languages it does have is really prime.

The free user accounts have a lot of limitations and can only study one language but on the other hand the prices for premium accounts are really reasonable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very efficient and accurate and I would totally recommend it for anyone who wants to improve their language skills.

I've tried Busuu personally because I needed to work on my french language skills I needed to do so for a new project I was working on with some members who were francophones and it was very useful, it did help me improve my skills and most importantly my pronunciation

busuu review by <span>Enmanuel D.</span>
Enmanuel D.

"A good alternative to learn languajes"

What do you like best?

Busuu, is a solid platform to learn languages, by the first time I used busuu it was one of the most popular platforms to learn english, so I decided to use it and see how it worked, I made a couple of friends and started practicing my english with them, it's pretty social and the way they use to incentivize you is quite unique, they use a virtual garden that grows everytime you pass modules.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that need improvement, is the fact that you can not access all the modules/classes because you need to pay a cost, I understand it's to sustain the platform, but thinking that busuu is a platform to learn around the world and not all the countries have access to the usd currency, it's complicated to keep going because best modules are actually paid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definetly a social way to learn languajes, I've used duolingo as well but I think busuu is still more social, you can make foreign mates easily and find people to practice with on the platform, if you have the oportunity to pay for it, give it a shot and see if it's worth it for a month, then you can decide to keep the premium account or not.

I use busuu to improve my english pronunciation and vocabulary, the fact that you can handle other languages opens business/jobs opportunities. Currently most of the jobs on internet requires knowing more than native language, and I think it's a good idea, because also incentivize you to learn and be an autodidact person.

Learning about busuu?

* We monitor all busuu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare busuu to Similar Solutions