busuu

busuu - the free language learning community

Work for busuu?

Learning about busuu?

busuu Reviews

Showing 12 busuu reviews
busuu review by Vacacion I.
Vacacion I.

"It is a software to learn by practicing a new language"

What do you like best?

I like it since it is a very educational and pedagogical software to teach a new language.It has several ways to teach from the part of grammar using the ordering of phrases, as well as to learn the auditory part, at the beginning when you start the application it tells you if you want to do a knowledge test to locate yourself on a level according to the answers that you have given that test are approximately 5 minutes long.It also gives you an incentive to advance in level so that you can improve each day your level in the language chosen by you

What do you dislike?

Your response time is very short but that is not entirely wrong in part because it helps you think about the answer and respond quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider it a fairly complete software and it is a fun and easy way to learn a new language. It also has other languages ​​that are not based on anything else in two or three languages.I highly recommend this software it seems to me one of the best in its style to teach another language online, its teaching technique is fun and enjoyable its practice is not tedious and it is very easy to handle since the instructions are very easy to follow are very simple to understand

It has helped me a lot to learn a new language in a fast and versatile way

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about busuu
busuu review by Ramon Enrique B.
Ramon Enrique B.

"It is a practical software to learn about a language"

What do you like best?

I like it a lot because with it you can learn different languages, both the written, auditory part to get used to the hearing to the new language, also has the part to ask questions that is very good, it is like putting together the sentences to give the right sense to the same

What do you dislike?

The software so far is very functional and all its modules I like because the questions on the exam to level your language proficiency is at a certain time so you do not delay when answering the questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually it is very good I would recommend my friends to use it there is also something very interesting that the software has that is the support of a person in the chat that guides you to correct the faults that you have had that I find quite interesting and novel. It has a part to evaluate other people that is quite interesting too. Besides being a very didactic software to teach online languages I really like Bussu, I highly recommend it to all people who want to know another language and are self-taught

It has benefited me to learn more about another language such as English which is very important since this is the universal language, I have felt that I have learned a lot with the software has helped me to read and understand the language more fluently thanks to the section of audio that this software has

What Language Learning solution do you use?

busuu review by Ana P.
Ana P.

"This application makes the practice of the chosen language fun since it looks like a social network"

What do you like best?

Its interface is very nice and comfortable, it is very easy to use since you register as it allows you to access with your social network accounts in case you do not want to create an account, it allows you to choose the level of the language to be studied and each lesson gives you an approximate of the time it will take you, I love the community option since you can meet other students and have them correct your exercises and correct those of other people. You can also apply for certifications that arise from the busuu agreement with McGraw-Hill education and if you have a premium plan you can use the application in disconnected mode.

What do you dislike?

When you do not have one of the premium accounts, the lessons can not be completed in most cases because they are blocked which makes the experience incomplete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you have the capacity, it is good investment to pay for a premium plan since the price is relatively low for what you offer and so you can have the lessons fully unlocked and opt for certifications, in addition to studying the lessons offline and having practical native speakers.

in my work as a professor of computer science the majority of texts or updated applications are in other languages, so bussu allows me to practice the language in my free time and achieve a faster understanding of the resources I use.

busuu review by Viacheslav Z.
Viacheslav Z.

"Excellent service for learning foreign languages"

What do you like best?

Busuu is an excellent option for improving your skills of owning a foreign language. Excellent explanation before the lecture. Easy and understandable grammar lessons. It is the explanation of the grammar busuu that does much better than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

I do not really like the presentation of the material and its evaluation. If you did not make an accent in the verification, then it's just an error. It seems to me that it will be difficult for a beginner to learn the language from scratch, but to improve his knowledge very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent service for learning foreign languages. First I tried the free version but soon decided to buy a paid subscription for a year. I doubted, but the service offered me a good discount and I still decided and bought the full version. Highly recommend.

For the growth of the career ladder, I had to improve my English skills. We started working with foreign suppliers and I had to deal with some accounting issues with them.

busuu review by Benjamin G.
Benjamin G.

"A solid language learning platform"

What do you like best?

Busuu is a great way to start learning a language if only because of the fact that it provides free-access to some powerful learning tools. I like how Busuu explains the concepts of a language in addition to teaching you the vocabulary. I think it does this better than most of its competitors.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is how unforgiving the grading is. If you don't put an accent in the right spot or if you don't capitalize the first letter of a sentence, you don't get credit for the question. This really bothers me because I think it negatively impacts the learner's attitude. I also find the vocals to be of a lower quality than several other language learning packages. It would be much better if the grading was more forgiving. The premium access provides a even more learning tools, but I personally think it is priced too high when there are so many other language options out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering learning a language, or helping others to learn a language, I would definitely recommend giving Busuu a try. There are several similar free options, and I think that each one has its own flavor. Find the one that works best for you and stick with it.

We had some of our students use Busuu prior to an international trip in order to learn some basic language skills. It was succesful.

busuu review by Maria Virginia G.
Maria Virginia G.

" It is a very fun and educational application to learn a new language or reinforce another."

What do you like best?

This application offers you an initiation test in which you perform a series of tasks from selection and written translation, audio, among others in the language you want to learn once you have finished indicates the level at which you are beginner, elementary A2 , intermediate.

The tasks are very easy to understand and if you learn if you dedicate the necessary time.

It is divided into different levels as you advance and cancels are activated; It goes from the simplest to the most complex.

What do you dislike?

I learned about this application from a friend, and I wanted to test it to see how it is, it is important to mention that I have used other tools of this type and with regard to the cost I think it is high. Apart if you do not cancel you can not learn more than one language, which is not the case with other tools such as duolingo, which in the free version allows you to learn more than one language simultaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to start from scratch to learn a language that application is ideal, it offers many lessons that increase your difficulty as you go. If you cancel the premium version offers more options that help you in your learning. It offers you other activities such as translation of texts and correction of tasks that are fun and approve enough in your process.

It allowed me to reinforce my English language skills and see what level I am on. It is ideal for beginners to start in any of the languages ​​you want without paying anything.

busuu review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"A very fun and useful tool to start off learning a new language"

What do you like best?

It provides you with a very efficient amount of vocabulary, exercises and basic grammar. It also has a discussion board where you can post blog-like articles to put what you learn to use or ask natives about something.It also allows you to help people who are learning your mother tongue through replying to their articles or chatting through hangout or Skype. when you start at first you can have the option to take a language level estimation test.

What do you dislike?

The courses it offered doesn't help you learn a language beyond the basics, so if you're more or less in an intermediate level in a language then I think this software won't add much to your knowledge. It has a limited number of languages and some languages doesn't have a level estimation test like Turkish

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's really useful for someone who is learning a new language from scratch but not an intermediate learner.

I use it personally almost daily because it makes me use my free time in a beneficial way. As I work in an academic Committee we have to do a lot o research on new technologies in the construction world and the new methods of implementation and of course to get good and updated material I have to search in many websites that are not all in English so for that I had to personally work on myself to be able to learn other languages and translate and understand different articles in different languages especially French that I'm mostly interested in currently and it is what I'm learning with Busuu

busuu review by Naomi R.
Naomi R.

"Better for advanced learners"

What do you like best?

I like the different ways busuu asks for information. Instead of repeating information, it also requires you to make inferences as you become more advanced. The activities where you listen and then choose a phrase that summarizes what was said is especially helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are exercises where you match opposite words or where you choose the end of a sentence. These are good activities in theory, but it took a minute to figure out how to do them properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the placement test feature so that you will be placed in a level that is appropriately challenging for your skill set.

Busuu helps me both improve my French skills while giving me ideas for ways to work with and test my students.

busuu review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Such a wonderful language learning software"

What do you like best?

I've tried many language learning software but this one was the best. The content and material it has is very sufficient and its teaching methods are very clear, accurate and clingy and helps you easily memorize words and sentences. Its courses are Very well structured.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have a large pool of languages to learn but the quality of the languages it does have is really prime.

The free user accounts have a lot of limitations and can only study one language but on the other hand the prices for premium accounts are really reasonable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very efficient and accurate and I would totally recommend it for anyone who wants to improve their language skills.

I've tried Busuu personally because I needed to work on my french language skills I needed to do so for a new project I was working on with some members who were francophones and it was very useful, it did help me improve my skills and most importantly my pronunciation

busuu review by Enmanuel D.
Enmanuel D.

"A good alternative to learn languajes"

What do you like best?

Busuu, is a solid platform to learn languages, by the first time I used busuu it was one of the most popular platforms to learn english, so I decided to use it and see how it worked, I made a couple of friends and started practicing my english with them, it's pretty social and the way they use to incentivize you is quite unique, they use a virtual garden that grows everytime you pass modules.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that need improvement, is the fact that you can not access all the modules/classes because you need to pay a cost, I understand it's to sustain the platform, but thinking that busuu is a platform to learn around the world and not all the countries have access to the usd currency, it's complicated to keep going because best modules are actually paid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definetly a social way to learn languajes, I've used duolingo as well but I think busuu is still more social, you can make foreign mates easily and find people to practice with on the platform, if you have the oportunity to pay for it, give it a shot and see if it's worth it for a month, then you can decide to keep the premium account or not.

I use busuu to improve my english pronunciation and vocabulary, the fact that you can handle other languages opens business/jobs opportunities. Currently most of the jobs on internet requires knowing more than native language, and I think it's a good idea, because also incentivize you to learn and be an autodidact person.

busuu review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Only for beginners"

What do you like best?

The program motivates for studying another languages by making their tasks easy and funny. Learning new words accompanied by memorable pictures, examples, and voiced by announcers. Their principle of learning is "from simple to more complex". Ability to learn several languages at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The app is only for beginners, for the very beginning of learning a language. Very easy tasks that do not make any sense but take a lot of time. Without a Premium account the app is pointless.

Learning basics of other languages.

busuu review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great for Quick trips with Simple phrases"

What do you like best?

The ease of use when traveling or on lunch to go over phrases and learn something new.

What do you dislike?

Not the best to actually learn a language. That will require immersion this does not provide.

Understanding of basic phrases quickly.

Learning about busuu?

* We monitor all busuu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.