BuzzStream

BuzzStream helps you manage word-of-mouth marketing campaigns that create buzz, build links, and traffic your website by helping you "be found" via inbound marketing channels.

Work for BuzzStream?

Learning about BuzzStream?

BuzzStream Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 70 BuzzStream reviews
BuzzStream review by <span>Troy L.</span>
Troy L.

"Decent but not a favorite"

What do you like best?

Buzzstream ia a very powerful tool, and I used it for a while, but it was not my favorite platform. I found I could do some of the same things on my own in an easier way.

What do you dislike?

There were too many notifications, too much "noise" really. It seemed like instead of working with other software I was using Buzz Stream wanted to be my only go to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This does work well for some companies. We just found it to be too much for us, as it added another step to a process. For us, that step was not necessary.

It is actually a good product for tracking certain marketing and PR efforts. It did solve those issues. However, when using a project management software as well, Buzzstream felt like an extra step.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BuzzStream
BuzzStream review by <span>Brooke W.</span>
Brooke W.

"An Everyday Necessity"

What do you like best?

Overall the best quality about buzzstream is the chrome extension. You can quickly pop that open to record a website in the Buzzstream database, and from there you can quickly send an email with a pre-saved template. This makes outreach ridiculously fast.

What do you dislike?

I don't think Buzzstream accurately records backlinks from websites and who is opening your emails. I have had multiple instances of people responding to my emails even when Buzzstream says they were never opened. I also want a way to sort emails by people who have viewed the email and by people who haven't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the trial first and contact them if you have any questions about implementation. Their customer service is amazing.

I am able to quickly send email outreach to build backlinks for our company's website. I love the fact that all of my outreach is stored in one place and I continually get reminded to follow up after I send emails.

What Media and Influencer Targeting solution do you use?

BuzzStream review by <span>Marcos Gabriel C.</span>
Marcos Gabriel C.

"BuzzStream Review"

What do you like best?

Web based software, don't need to download. I can have one parent project with several other initiatives going and trust that if we ask for a feature to help us do our jobs better, they'll be receptive to it. We train all of our staff members on this product because it plays such an integral role in our outreach process.

I've also had Buzzstream:

Lose contacts

Lose data on my email campaigns

Freeze in the middle of mass outreach and Creates a culture of spam;

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program, it has some bugs, but for our company, it gives account of what is proposed to it.

We wanted to promote our content as much as we could to help people find our product, which we believe would be extremely beneficial for them. t has helped me achieve the goals that I was after pretty easily without a ton of effort.

BuzzStream review by <span>James D.</span>
James D.

"The little black book for PR, promotions, influencer outreach, and linkbuilding."

What do you like best?

Manage contacts and websites across teams to build and manage relationships. BuzzStream is essentially a CRM with SEO/PR focus that will tracking links. Link tracking is an amazing feature. I worked at an agency and in-house and this feature was critical for both roles. Link tracking would enable to monitor when a link is live or lost. Links can be attributed to projects for easy reporting.

Support is great. Paul and his team are very responsive and they roll out updates and new features on a regular cadence.

What do you dislike?

Buzzmarker, which is a Chrome plugin, can be slow at times. The Buzzmarker tool is how BuzzStream knows what specific URL to monitor for links. Honestly this is me nitpicking as, because the rest of the tool is great. I also wasn't a fan of sending form emails through the tool, this enables correspondence through the tool with prewritten emails and lets users track emails more closely. I prefer to send more personal emails myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used other CRMs like Sales Force and GoldMine, but they lack the link monitoring feature and more oriented toward sales vs SEO and PR.

Scaling linkbuilding, PR, and promotions at an agency and in-house.

Preventing overlap from people reaching out to the same website and/or person.

Track links and mention with showing ROI.

BuzzStream review by <span>Sarah H.</span>
Sarah H.

"Managing Your Contacts and Outreach"

What do you like best?

I like how Buzzstream gives you the ability to organize your contacts into multiple projects. You can also track how and when they were contacted, and send emails directly from the application. You can create multiple templates with interactive elements able to pick up on website names and other information entered into each project.

What do you dislike?

I wish the organization of the contacts was more intuitive. Sometimes we are reaching out to an individual as opposed to an organization, and I find that templates are not always available across projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BuzzStream has a number of different packages based on how many people you need to contact per month. Start with a smaller package to determine what your needs are before potentially increasing that limit. Also, multiple users can use the same account, however they cannot work on two different projects at the same time. Avoid adding contacts to the wrong projects by coordinating with your colleagues on BuzzStream usage.

Sending emails to contact directly from your email can make it difficult to track responses and other communications. Buzzstream helps you organize all of this in one place so that you can qualify contacts and build relationships all in one place.

BuzzStream review by <span>Jean-Christophe C.</span>
Jean-Christophe C.

"When it comes to saving time in link building, Buzzstream is the best tool in the market."

What do you like best?

Buzzstream has many functions that can help the day-to-day. It helps to manage the link-building effort. Without it, it is almost impossible to follow if your link building efforts have returned results. The software provides the perfect solution to manage email outreach.

What do you dislike?

I would love if this software could provide a backlink analysis tool that could track automatically if the link were added on the buzzmarked pages. However, it still is not so hard to add follow-ups to check on those pages and manually add the links to your dashboard.

I save time, and lot of it. I have been able to manage at least ten times the email sent and the follow-up, and it is still easier than before to do link building.

BuzzStream review by <span>Dan R.</span>
Dan R.

"Makes outreach more organized!"

What do you like best?

Send outreach emails, create templates, schedule follow ups, document results, get regular reports all in one place. This tool makes your SEO outreach more organized and easier.

What do you dislike?

Customer support can take some time to respond to queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to solve your outreach challenges with a tool that allows you to do everything in one platform - sending emails, responding to them, following up; then Buzzstream is the solution you are looking for.

Having one centralized tool for reaching out to prospect sites.

BuzzStream review by Consultant in Broadcast Media
Consultant in Broadcast Media

"Great tools for PR nneds"

What do you like best?

As a PR consultant, this software is a lifesaver. I can have all of my contacts there, and discuss with the rest of my team how any leads went in any given time. I love I can also section target audiences, it's really helpful when you work for international clients, like me.

What do you dislike?

It is not very intuitive. If you're in a rush and have been granted access as a consultant (which is my case) you will probably need to set aside some time to train yourself and make sure of how your firm has the thing set up.

I can centralize all the contacts in one place, so later the rest of the team can use it and now if any changes have taken place. It's pretty cool!

BuzzStream review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome for influencer outreach."

What do you like best?

Before BuzzStream, it took me hours to coordinate influencer outreach -- between research, emails, follow-up, etc. Now, BuzzStream makes it easy to organize outreach efforts, keep notes on continuing relationships with those individuals, and the Chrome extension makes research easy.

What do you dislike?

When I first started I had difficulty understanding how to organize contacts, i.e. what was a project? folder? and how should I apply those for my own custom needs. I will say when I asked those questions, a support person took the time to address those questions with me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product at an affordable value. I highly suggest at least trialing the product to determine how it could assist with your specific use case.

Again, saved time doing influencer outreach and improved productivity via the Chrome extension and overall contact organization BuzzStream allows. As our marketing team scales, having a central place where everyone can record and access information about outreach efforts (and successful placements) with influencers is a huge plus.

BuzzStream review by <span>Nivene J.</span>
Nivene J.

"Not bad for the price"

What do you like best?

I like that they are working on a beta Discovery option to help you find bloggers to reach out to. It still needs a little work, but I am sure it will be beneficial when it's rolled out.

What do you dislike?

Everything is so manual in the system. It can be frustrating because some people use contacts, while others use websites. If you cannot get your whole team to use one process you will have websites with contact info but no people attached and if there are people attached to the website, they can be in a different project and you can't actually reach out without copying and pasting their email address. Also, email templates cannot be updated at once, you will have to create a new template or edit the email every time you want to send it out.

We wanted a system where all our SEOs and outreach specialists could have insight into the outreach process. It has proven helpful because now all stakeholders can log in and view the status of their projects and add/remove contacts as they wish.

BuzzStream review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It's Okay - We utilize this most often for large scale outreach & promotion"

What do you like best?

Ability to filter outreach by a variety of metrics including sites, POCs, industries, etc. We like that you're able to A/B test messages by creating different titles, bodies & CTAs. Pretty simple interface and ability to sync up to a variety of emails & users.

What do you dislike?

Could be easier to A/B test on a greater scale - I'd also like to see better tools to mine emails and find industries contacts at scale. We typically use other programs to find emails, contact pages, etc and then upload into BS.

Trying to make outreach easier and more streamlined across a wide variety of users. Benefits include time saved, less cross over between common contacts and positive client impact & placements!

BuzzStream review by <span>Joey L.</span>
Joey L.

"Second Set of Eyes"

What do you like best?

BuzzStream is quite literally a marketing assistant. I love that it automates your outreach so efficiently and keeps track of all projects in a convenient and sensible way.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the way it sends the information as it is often caught in an email filter.

Keeping track of contact dates and projects. It conveniently sends reminders and keeps track of all projects.

BuzzStream review by User

"Great concept - but flawed execution"

What do you like best?

Works well for keeping track of basic outreach and is a useful tool for introducing new marketeers to relationship building and the world of SEO. There is also some potential for basic link monitoring, which can help to keep track of renewing links and checking the health of existings links.

What do you dislike?

It's by no means a complete solution. Admittedly you wouldn't expect any one programme to take care of all of your online PR and marketing, however, Buzzstream falls short on some of the basics of what it tries to do. In terms of functionality, its very 'manual' and does a poor job of importing data, meaning that often you will be forced to input data or create required fields yourself. Of course, some of this is basic setup and that is to be expected, but often Buzzstream will fail to discover links even when given to exact url; fail to copy data across projects; and fail to track emails. This will often mean that you still have to reply on your regular email account and input data time and again, as if you are using a spreadsheet. This makes link monitoring and project sharing a real headache.

It's a shame, but in reality often we often find ourselves asking what Buzzstream actually does that we couldn't with existing office tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think very hard about what you are looking for and don't expect the world. You'll need to configure the product to do what you want and there are bugs that will slow efficiency, particularly in link monitoring.

It works for basic (and I stress basic) outreach and does allows us to track data fairly efficiently, but that requires a lot of work and usually other tools as well.

BuzzStream review by <span>elia m.</span>
elia m.

"The tool that manages contacts and projects"

What do you like best?

I am fascinated that he has a great capacity to order each contact in several projects. I like that you can send emails from the application. The interactive templates for projects are wonderful

What do you dislike?

It is not a very intuitive interface, and the tabs that I like so much I do not have them available for each and every one of the projects

Recommendations to others considering the product

BuzzStream has several packages for the user, I recommend starting with the most basic, depending on your projects

Organization of contacts by project. Sending emails, intervention of several users in the same account, is a very good tool

BuzzStream review by <span>Alyssa A.</span>
Alyssa A.

"BuzzStream Review"

What do you like best?

The seamless collaboration between team members on several different SEO campaigns at once.

What do you dislike?

Uploading our backlink analysis profiles usually takes a few rounds, as the columns never match up and import correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement the use of this as early on in a project as possible, in order to avoid overlap in outreach and also take full advantage of its capabilities.

Outreach is easier and faster to gain blog opportunities and build relationships with publishers.

BuzzStream review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Helpful Tool, Always Improving."

What do you like best?

The Outreach feature is probably my favorite thing about Buzzstream. It allows you to add contacts to a project and seamlessly email each person with a template and/or personalized message. We all hate spam, and our team loves that Buzzstream allows us to efficiently pitch to the media in one window while still giving room to keep things personal with our contacts. Plus, Buzzstream keeps track of how many times your email was opened and notifies you of any responses. It's a seriously great way to keep track of who is talking to who and make sure team members aren't stepping on each other's toes.

What do you dislike?

My main qualm is with the reporting system. I send link reports to clients regularly and wish there was a way that my custom export could be saved so I don't have to deal with 18 fields of info my clients couldn't care less about, and so I don't have to click the same few boxes each time. Also, their ranking system is a bit outdated. As of right now, you can sort links by Page Rank (which is basically useless for my client's needs) but Moz Domain Authority is unavailable. I've talked to the Buzzstream team about adding the feature multiple times, but they say they're busy with adding other features and will address later. Not sure when "later" is, but I would love to see that addressed sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to the team, watch their videos, and see if it's worth it for you. We originally looked into the service for one reason and kept it because it met more of our needs than we expected!

Before we switched to Buzzstream, we were working on a super outdated spreadsheet system that made it hard to keep track of our outreach efforts. Buzzstream has allowed us to at least triple our outreach efforts because of the ease of finding old contacts through their tagging system and adding new ones through the Buzzmarker and prospecting tools.

BuzzStream review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best outreach management available"

What do you like best?

The outreaching. While it's a challenge to learn, once you get the hang on how to the use the software, it's incredible. I find I get a higher positive response rate with this software than similar products. I have also NEVER been penalized by google for anything I've done with BuzzStream, which is unheard of and worth using this software alone.

What do you dislike?

Two things that turn most off from this product. It's not easy to learn and takes a lot of time and patience. Other software will get you up and running faster. Also, you'll be paying more for BuzzStream than most of their competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient and learn the software properly. If you want results you have to be willing to work for them. If you need things done immediately, maybe try a different software.

I'm getting my links out there and staying out there. With other software, you run the risk of google taking things down or blocking certain links, but with BuzzStream, your links are getting onto the searches and staying there.

BuzzStream review by <span>Paige G.</span>
Paige G.

"The new discovery tool is incredible"

What do you like best?

I came to BuzzStream after searching for an ideal influencer marketing tool to use for my platform. In short, we're searching for influencers to create content for targeted distribution as an agency. The beta version of the Discovery Tool is nothing short of incredible. You can target writers by any keyword, and each writer's publication history, social media activity, follower interaction rate, and influencer reach is listed. I've been using it for a few weeks and have already seen a 40% jump in our CTR on sponsored content.

What do you dislike?

So far, there's not much to dislike. You can use a lot of the tools for free, which is obviously incredibly convenient for a small business. I'm eager to try out the paid platform with my extended marketing budget in 2016.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in the business of content marketing, I would absolutely use BuzzStream.

BuzzStream has solved a huge problem area for us. Rather than searching manually for writers, BuzzStream Discovery brings these writers to me. HUGE help.

BuzzStream review by <span>Dane D.</span>
Dane D.

"Powerful Tool, Befuddled By Bugs and UI Issues"

What do you like best?

Buzzstream's contact/email discovery tools sometimes work like magic - The info it finds is typically reliable. Also, the combination of outreach and contact management in one app is really valuable, though this is hindered by the app's slow response and bugginess.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Buzzstream's platform is slow. And I mean REALLY slow. As someone who uses mass email regularly, the fact that even with automation software it can take up to two minutes to send an email (dealing with contact conflicts and custom variables), the platform is far too slow to handle that kind of work. I've also had Buzzstream:

-Lose contacts

-Lose data on my email campaigns

-Freeze in the middle of mass outreach (hours of wasted time)

However, one of the biggest draws is the lack of compartmentalization between users on the platform. It doesn't make sense that the account for one company would share any and all information between, for instance, PR and SEO. This makes for conflict and confusion when we're going after different contacts within the same organization, or trying to run white-labeled campaigns for clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buzzstream can be really powerful when used in conjunction with more rudimentary outreach software. For instance, I'll often run my contacts for SEO campaigns though Buzzstream to gather emails I would have otherwise lacked, and then export them for outreach in a mail merge or other basic outreach system. Buzzstream is definitely a more viable product for close-knit outreach teams and PR than for SEO specialists at this time.

Buzzstream solves the problem of email management with outreach, with some degree of success. The epitome of a platform like this would be something flexible, fast, informationally restricted by user (if so desired), and powerful for discovering contacts. Buzzstream excels at contact discovery, which was my most unexpected benefit of the platform, but it falls short at providing the email CRM power I'm looking for.

BuzzStream review by User in Internet

"Useful for outreach and managing contacts"

What do you like best?

Easy to import/export contact, reduces time spent finding contact info, easy to manage outreach templates, easy to see where you're at in the relationship with the contact, easy to filter by person assigned, tags, etc.

What do you dislike?

Interface is clunky, even after the most recent update. It's not user friendly for new users - takes too much time to learn the ins and outs. Not a great way to manage multiple contacts for a website. Search function isn't great - you need to use the exact words, name, or URL to find anything. I haven't figured out how to search by email address, which would be most helpful overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're hoping to create a big contact list of everyone you can reach out to at a certain site, this isn't the best tool. If you just want to do mass outreach with one template to a bunch of sites, this isn't the right tool. BUT, if you want to keep track of contact history, easily manage templates, and do targeted outreach, Buzzstream works great!

Outreach to gain links for clients. We've been able to keep track of contact history, which is helpful when we need to pitch content for a different client to the same site.

BuzzStream review by <span>Sebastian G.</span>
Sebastian G.

"PR for a busy team - problem solved "

What do you like best?

The ability to be on a site and immediatly scrape all the ionfo into this ecellent database - game changing

What do you dislike?

To set up was quite a project, we are not supper teccy, nor ludites but we nearly didn't perservere, This was 6 months agao and I suspect this has been improved. I am pleased we got there in the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time working out how you want to use it so when you set it up it's seemless, lots of options can be intimitading

Collating outreach, responses and monotoring this in a timly manner.

BuzzStream review by User in Internet

"Gets the job done for backlink-centric email outreach"

What do you like best?

I can bulk upload contacts and URLs into the database and then have the option of individually sending each email in a campaign to tweak the message for each contact to make the CTA and email personalized.

What do you dislike?

Cluttered. Hard to navigated. Having people, companies and link fields, the tags get confusing because if you tag a link it wont appear under the tag for the person.

It's like tracker is shitty.

The influencer tab seems like it would be useful, but every time I explore the feature it is of no use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You could really just use a marketing automation solution, so if you already have Hubspot, Marketo, etc then BuzzStream is kind of redundant.

Backlink Outreach and Management

BuzzStream review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Buzzstream is great, but has some room for improvement"

What do you like best?

It's an easy way to organize journalists and keep track of who we're reaching out to. Additionally, the relationships stage feature is hugely helpful. I'll also say that the team is working on implementing new features, which has been great to see. Additionally, the support team is great and is always super responsive when we have questions.

What do you dislike?

It can be buggy. The open/response rate features aren't always reliable, which can make it difficult to use the product for any data analytics purpose. Additionally, having a huge database of journalists on the service can be difficult. We have about 17,000 writers in the system, it can be difficult to load sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to the Buzzstream team before you make a decision –– they're pretty responsive. Might be better for smaller companies, as having thousands and thousands of writers on file makes the program load slowly.

We're able to keep track of the social presence of a journalist and previous articles they may have written. Additionally, the "notes" feature helps with improving our targeting. You can make note of someone's beat, which allows PR people to quickly find the right person. Additionally, the ability to customize the program as needed is a huge plus.

BuzzStream review by <span>Laura C.</span>
Laura C.

"Simple, user-friendly, streamlined and personable."

What do you like best?

The user-friendly design of Buzzstream helps us scale to new users with little training. Our team is able to manage large projects in little-to-no time.

Also, installing click scripts enables us to utilize a large database of contacts without constant supervision.

What do you dislike?

There are a limited number of custom fields that we can use when issuing variables. It limits how robust our contact information can truly be.

Also, I share our contact list with colleagues and it's easy to lose information. I'm not sure how the loss occurs, but we're looking into it.

We are using Buzzstream to create new Marketing relationships and manage existing ones. This is huge for us, as our business does not currently have a CRM system in place that our marketing team can adopt.

BuzzStream review by <span>📇 Ashlea G.</span>
📇 Ashlea G.

"The Must-Have Tool for PR Professionals"

What do you like best?

BuzzStream does a great job at tracking your history of communication with contacts and makes it easier for PR professionals to keep track of relationships they've built. If you have a large team working on outreach, the history feature is key to avoiding stepping on each other's toes. Being able to see a contact's social media footprints is an added bonus! The BuzzStream team is an absolute pleasure to work with and have been extremely receptive to our company's needs. If you're looking for the best outreach tool out there, this is it!

What do you dislike?

Like with any systems, there is always room for improvement. It can take a little while to get the hang of BuzzStream, and you need to spend the time to master it, but once you do, there's no turning back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool for PR professionals or anyone who's job involves any form of extensive outreach. Configuring the columns in each project you add to BuzzStream, until they suit your personal needs, is really the key to getting the most out of this tool. Some of my favorite columns for outreach include adding a column for your contact's social media account(s), and a column to see which one of your team members is assigned to a project. Adding a 'notes' column is also extremely useful. Spending the time to organize BuzzStream to fit your daily outreach needs will make using the tool a lot easier for newbies.

We are trying to build our own comprehensive database of contacts for outreach and BuzzStream is helping us streamline this process quickly and effortlessly.

BuzzStream review by <span>Sergiu G.</span>
Sergiu G.

"Buzzstream review"

What do you like best?

The buzz stream concept is great. I like the fact that it looks at link building as a work-flow rather than a collection of links and contact email addresses of journalists. I also like the fact that I can share my progress with other people and enable them to view my emails and contacts that I've outreached. Having a a prospecting list and being able to go through it from one single application is also something that technically would make my work a lot easier.

I find amazing the fact that the app can catch the contancts from a website. Something which proved time-consuming at times when I had to outreach foreign media, that published my work before.

I also like the fact that I can categorise prospect lists by campaigns and being able to save template emails to use for specific campaigns is also great.

What do you dislike?

I really like everything about the buzzstream concept and how it's meant to help. I do dislike however a few things that relate mostly to UX/UI and technical difficulties.

I don't like that you have to load unsafe scripts every time you go to buzz bar. if you work for a day in buzz stream and have to go back and forth quite often, it's becoming a bit too repetitive and distracts me from my work.

Buzzbar also doesn't load all the websites, which is probably the main reason I switched back to excel spreadsheets. When I have a list of 200 prospect websites and 30 websites don't load, I have to do it manually and the effort it takes to get out of the app to see it separately then, outreach separately or go back to the app to outreach makes things harder. I doesn't really require much more time, it's just the effort to brake the process that I've established working in buzzstream.

I think another issue is loading time. Sometime it takes a while to move to the next site in buzzbar. I think if the app could load the next website while you're working on the current one, so that you can switch instantly to the next when you're done would make work much easier. I think that extra second often makes a difference.

User interface - I think a better user interface would also help making work easier. It seems a bit text heavy at times and empty at other times. For isntance the ui for previewing a site on the websites tab.

In terms of functionality, one thing I often do is outreach a piece of content to people that linked to other pieces of content or other campaigns. A function in buzzstream that would allow aggregating all websites that already linked to our brand to be targeted for a specific campaign would certainly help this.

We try to make use of viral marketing. Buzzstream is a great tool because it helps spread the news faster to more journalists at a time.

BuzzStream review by <span>Michelle M.</span>
Michelle M.

"Stellar product and customer service for email outreach"

What do you like best?

- User-friendly project management for keeping track of emails, outreach and industry relationships.

- Stellar customer service that is available for quick questions via twitter and more informed help via email, phone calls etc.

What do you dislike?

I use Buzzstream in a company of 700+ employees, which results in 100+ folders and projects. One issue I have found is an inability to organize contacts across folders/projects — and inconsistency between emails, contact names, etc.

I use Buzzstream to organize and maintain all email outreach and industry relationships. Buzzstream allows me to see which of my colleagues has already gained a relationship with media outlets and helps me branch off of that relationship to achieve my own business goals.

I also appreciate being able to see if any contacts have been marked as "do not contact" which allows me to maintain a professional, consistent relationship with media outlets from our company's voice.

Lastly, Buzzstream has benefitted me by allowing me to connect with members of the industry that I would not have had contact with by looking through colleagues' past conversations.

BuzzStream review by <span>Gabriela A.</span>
Gabriela A.

"Excellent CRM system for inbound marketing and PR teams. "

What do you like best?

BuzzStream helps us stay organized and maintain transparency between our growing team. We love using BuzzStream to simplify the data collection process in the list building phase of our work. The BuzzBar automatically pulls contact information, and social pages to minimize time spent on pre-outreach research. Depending on the complexity of of our current campaign, we may reach out to hundreds of community members, which can be burdensome with typical email systems. BuzzStream's relationship field helps us stay organized in tracking each outreach round, submission and link-back statuses within each project.

What do you dislike?

The BuzzStream system has few issues, but when we find them, the the support team responds quickly and promptly. They are incredibly responsive and in many instances they have taken our feedback to help make the product even better. I appreciate that they are not perfect, but are always striving to improve the user experience.

BuzzStream is an essential part of our every-day workflow and has enabled us to scale our efforts efficiently over the years. BuzzStream allows our content and outreach teams to work independently and collaboratively to research topics, build relationships within relevant verticals, develop content and perform effective outreach. By being able to manage multiple lists, view the current relationship with people in a particular list, and listen in on various conversations via our project lists, we can better serve our partners in helping them reach a wider audience via creative content and innovative placement.

BuzzStream review by <span>Emily N.</span>
Emily N.

"Comprehensive outreach tool supported by an excellent team"

What do you like best?

Though the Buzzstream team is quite small, they are consistently pleasant, responsive to feedback and curious about our company's needs. I trust that if we ask for a feature to help us do our jobs better, they'll be receptive to it. We train all of our staff members on this product because it plays such an integral role in our outreach process.

What do you dislike?

I wish certain fields that require more frequent updating -- contact email address, for example -- were easier to update without opening the entire edit tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with the support staff. Become friends with them -- they're lovely, helpful and responsive folks who really want to understand what it is you need.

We're trying to transition from transactional linkbuilding to long-term relationship building. Some of Buzzstream's newer products and features, which should help us assess the value/context of certain thought leaders, will help us ease that process.

"Great SEO tool"

What do you like best?

I love the easy of use of this software. Everything about this software is great. Integrated email accounts, alerts, reporting and tracking. The ease of switching between accounts is nice. My favorite feature is email tracking, you can see when someone opens an email or doesnt. This saves alot of trouble of re-emailing people if they don't open the original email.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I dislike about the software. If I have an issue I just email customer service and theyou always get right back to me.

The newest feature of finding content writers had helped me greatly for getting new content for my clients.

BuzzStream review by <span>David L.</span>
David L.

"Best media management solution, ever"

What do you like best?

I love the BuzzStream BuzzMaker. I can find an article on a website and immediately add it - and the journalist's contact info - into BuzzStream - in the right category.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about this software.

Often clients will distribute a press release with news that has been released before by a competing company. Instead of re-creating the wheel and building a whole new database of media, I use BuzzStream to help find out what competitors secured in the past and grab those publication and journalist names off of the web, directly into BuzzStream!

BuzzStream review by <span>Tomek B.</span>
Tomek B.

"How to find future content partnerships it would be hard to find otherwise?"

What do you like best?

There few things that I like:

- great search filters

- detailed database of performed searches (meaning I can tag saved results the way I want, make notes, share with others)

- easy to use outreach feature, which keeps track of the whole communication cycle

- reporting

What do you dislike?

Sometimes too many results to go through

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it—once you learn how to get best of the tool, no doubt you will enjoy it more.

We wanted to promote our content as much as we could to help people find our product, which we believe would be extremely beneficial for them. By connecting with others we realized how many of our contacts were happy to hear from us, and how our content is much better by supporting each other.

BuzzStream review by <span>Carlo B.</span>
Carlo B.

"The only outreach tool you will need"

What do you like best?

It has everything you would need to monitor contacts and people you've reached out to.

What do you dislike?

Though it is very easy to personalize, you cannot send bulk emails at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get to familiarize yourself of all the available features and organization stuff before you add contacts.

Simplifies and streamlines the outreach process of content marketing.

BuzzStream review by <span>Christopher O.</span>
Christopher O.

"Review of BuzzStream"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to promote my products and services. When I first started out using the product I thought I was going to be overwhelmed by everything but the learning curve was very small and I was able to get up and running in no time. I also really really like the support that BuzzStream offers. I also really like that BuzzStream's price point is not too high and even small companies can afford it, at $29 a month that will not break the bank.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike enough to mention in here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product to use and it would be worth while for you to look into this product and see if it could benefit your company and help you achieve your goals. It has helped me achieve the goals that I was after pretty easily without a ton of effort. They also have great customer support that is there to help you if you have any questions that may arise while using BuzzStream. This has been a huge asset to my company.

I am solving the problem of getting our product in front of a larger audience by using Buzzstream.

BuzzStream review by <span>Adam L.</span>
Adam L.

"Effective for Link Building - A few tweaks needed"

What do you like best?

- Ability to send and schedule emails

- Ability to send from multiple email addresses

- Tracking goal progress

- Combs page for email addresses

What do you dislike?

- the Buzzmarker button doesn't work effectively all the time

- Sometimes if I add a contact they don't always show up next to the linking domain that I would like to associate the contact with

- Occasionally, while writing an email, the send button stops working and I need to refresh

We use this product for link-building purposes. We upload potential link partners, conduct outreach to those link partners, and track our relationships with those link partners. We have saved time by using this one-stop-shop kind of tool.

BuzzStream review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Plenty of features - just not all necessarily intuitive. "

What do you like best?

I like the way the link partner profiles pull contact information from the site automatically. I also really love the email scheduling feature, as outreach tends to be most effective on certain days and times.

What do you dislike?

Notifications through BuzzStream are hit or miss - mostly, response emails go straight to my Gmail and do not register in BuzzStream at all. This makes it difficult to keep track of which of my link partners are progressing in the process and which are stagnant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful, but may need to be supplemented by Excel or Google Sheets to stay organized. I find that keeping track of responses is not intuitive or even reliable in BuzzStream.

I use BuzzStream to conduct content marketing outreach. BuzzStream is particularly helpful in allowing me to access my colleagues' existing contacts, even being able to see the conversation they had, and with whom. The BuzzStream BuzzMaker is, hands down, my favorite feature of the software. It allows me to seamlessly add sites to my link partner lists (and take down any notes, such as relevant contact info) without leaving the page.

BuzzStream review by Internal Consultant in E-Learning
Internal Consultant in E-Learning

"BuzzStream as an inbound marketing tool"

What do you like best?

It does a very good job of tracking your history and stages of communication with contacts you are working with online, aka "Link Partners." The best way to do this is to use the email application and send messages through BuzzStream. It will update contact information, stage, and last communication.

What do you dislike?

The system can be glitchy, especially when you doing a lot of email outreach over a long period of time. It also is not the best at crawling websites for email address or contact person. I also wish the BuzzStream bar tool offered more of the unctions of the regular site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really take the time to get to know the system and ALL of its functions. It's best to streamline all of your outreach activity into its database to keep yourself organized!

I am improving the brand recognition, online presence, and SEO rank of the University and College I market for online. Reaching out to the number of websites and blogsites that is required to build links would be chaotic and inefficient without a tool to store, organize, manage, and archive their information. It makes the process of sending out mass, yet customizable emails easier and faster!

BuzzStream review by <span>Erin G.</span>
Erin G.

"Easy way to manage contacts and correspondence"

What do you like best?

Buzzstream makes it very easy to reference past notes and emails that have been sent to a person/company. I oversee a program that works with hundreds of groups, all once a year. With Buzzstream, it's easy for me to look back at past emails and see when the last time I spoke to a group was, what they requested, their address/contact info, etc.

What do you dislike?

There was a learning curve when I started using it, and it takes consistent use to grasp. Other people using it for the first time or after long periods of not using it typically have difficulty picking it up and may make errors. Also, it can be difficult to repair damage to account records and ways of classifying them if mistakes are made. Users must be at least a little tech-savvy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you need to track correspondence from many partners/companies. However, the people using must be tech-savvy! It is very easy to make a mess of records if they are not, and it is very difficult to repair all the damage.

We needed a way to keep track of who we were talking to, at what time, and also what was discussed. This is an easy way to see all our notes about a group, including when we last worked with them and what was discussed.

BuzzStream review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Everything Stays All In One Place!"

What do you like best?

Instead of spreading out information on various spreadsheets, everything stays all in one place where it is neat, organized, and searchable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a little laggy, but it has helped me to build patience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Onboarding can be tedious, but the struggle is worth it.

Trying to keep contacts organized with spreadsheets is a losing game. This keeps them all organized in one place that is easily searchable.

BuzzStream review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Good for Blog Outreach"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn and works off of automation.

What do you dislike?

Creates a culture of spam. As in it encourages it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to bulk email bloggers in a semi-automatic way this works well. It's not a tool that is quick to use. It takes time to get up to speed with how to use it, and more time to implement it once it's ready to roll with all the settings you want. But once you get started it's fairly simple to operate each day.

Reaching large amounts of bloggers and influencers in a particular industry in semi-automated fashion.

BuzzStream review by <span>Offain G.</span>
Offain G.

"A great outreach management tool. "

What do you like best?

This tool is a great for keeping track of your outreach programs. From link earning to reaching out to influencers, the tool helps you keep track and stay organized. It is very easy to use and manage projects and campaigns. It also gathers the social information of the influencers which helps immensely with vetting possible influencers.

What do you dislike?

The tool gathers a lot of unwanted clutter as well when gathering influencer data such as social handles etc.

This helps keep track of your targeted influencer outreach and helps the company keep track of who was contacted by whom which helps avoid confusion and overlap with in departments during the outreach process.

BuzzStream review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Contact information in lists is often different than what's in my CSV"

What do you like best?

I like that it keeps all of my contacts in an outreach project organized. It makes it easy for me to keep track of the number of links I have earned in an outreach project, as well as how many emails I have sent. I do know that I have not fully taken advantage of all this product has to offer.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes, I add a specific contact for a site but buzzstream will swap in a contact used in another project that is not relevant to me. It gets very confusing at times!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you double check contact information when you upload a CSV!

Keeping track of who I have contacted, how many times, and how they have responded.

BuzzStream review by <span>DJ J.</span>
DJ J.

"Good for Influencer Outreach"

What do you like best?

BuzzStream is a much more streamlined and organized platform than tradition email.

What do you dislike?

Emails and contact information don't always pull in correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any software, take the time to learn the ins and outs of the software.

It helps keep track of everything and everyone for our blog.

BuzzStream review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

"Great tool, but has some bugs"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to track contacts and sites across multiple projects. I can have one parent project with several other initiatives going (brand mention monitoring, link monitoring, outreach progress, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it fails to show updates when someone emails back. I often have to login to my email account (outside of Buzzstream) to make sure that I am responding to the current email. Also, logging back into Buzzstream can be a hassle.

Having Buzzstream has made outreach and monitoring a lot more efficient for us. It is a easy tool to help consolidate so many projects into one platform.

BuzzStream review by <span>Megan H.</span>
Megan H.

"Buzz stream allows me to market my products!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you could add items and easily display them

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you have to go through so many steps to get to where you want to go

I am solving the problems of marketing with buzzstream

BuzzStream review by <span>John &quot;Jack&quot; S.</span>
John "Jack" S.

"Makes content promotion a breeze! "

What do you like best?

BuzzStream makes content promotion and relationship building a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The ability to contact via the software. Using BuzzStream to send emails is an easy way to organize relationships.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to use all of the available features, there are a lot of hidden gems!

I primarily use BuzzStream to promote content and to better track online relationships. I've used the right click Buzzmark this page feature consistently throughout my content promotion efforts.

BuzzStream review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"BuzzStream Review"

What do you like best?

I love the collecting data feature. It makes it extremely easy for me to make contacts, connect with people and network.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a little high for my business budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use and does exactly what it says. It is a bit pricey but one of the top competitors in its market.

The organization of my email lists and sending out and collecting information in an easy and seemless fashion.

BuzzStream review by <span>Heather M.</span>
Heather M.

"Extremely good software"

What do you like best?

The capabilities that this software offers

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this software

It offers me a lot of easy solutions to navigate things at work and making things easier for our company

BuzzStream review by <span>Maria S.</span>
Maria S.

"Give it a shot"

What do you like best?

One of the most popular tools for managing email outreach. Easy upload CSV of website, and crm to manage outreach process.

What do you dislike?

Only a single line for each website, only searches site for contact info

Great tool for email outreach

BuzzStream review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"I really love buzzstream"

What do you like best?

I love the buzzstream tools for listening to what sites are chatting about the product I'm associated with -easy for linkbuilding and finding out the existing content on the web about the product.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that buzzstream does not offer outreach tools for reaching out to the media and sites.

I solve seo problems of finding where to look for people who are already chatting about our product.

BuzzStream review by <span>Felipe A.</span>
Felipe A.

"Buena herramienta para ayudar a promocionar"

What do you like best?

Promociono mis productos con esta herramienta sin ningún problema

What do you dislike?

Nada, es perfecta. No conozco otra, por lo que tampoco puedo comparar

He promocionado multitud de productos sin tener ningún problema.

BuzzStream review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

User friendly design that allows our company to scale to new users. It makes it easy to track all your connections and maintain in contact with them- perfect for someone in PR. The BuzzStream team that we work with is amazing and very helpful and very detailed oriented.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the buttons on the dashboard freeze and I have to refresh the screen but other than that we haven't experienced many issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely helpful for anyone who likes staying organized!

Perfect for conducting content marketing outreach and is helpful at recording conversations that both my colleagues and I have had with our existing contacts.

BuzzStream review by <span>Gabrielle M.</span>
Gabrielle M.

"Unimpressed"

What do you like best?

Ive been using this software for two months and it is very user friendly

What do you dislike?

This site often crashes and is not reliable

Distribution / realized we have problems

BuzzStream review by <span>Taylor S.</span>
Taylor S.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

Its very efficient and easy to see the social impact individuals have

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to complain about this site.

Easy to see contacts and their impacts

BuzzStream review by User

"Useful"

What do you like best?

Buzz Stream has a lot of utility because it essentially hot keys tasks that usually take a number of steps to complete.

What do you dislike?

As with all software applications, there are bugs. Buzz Stream can lose contacts or not report info correctly. It was fairly manageable for me (or an IT professional) to retrieve information but maybe not so for bigger companies.

Outreach and organization of responses.

BuzzStream review by <span>Jules M.</span>
Jules M.

"I love it!"

What do you like best?

Its so easy to use and it helps so much with advertising.

What do you dislike?

I dont think I can say anything bad about this service.

Advertising

"Extremely Helpful"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to navigate the platform and how easy it is to reach out and contact influencers.

What do you dislike?

I hate that the platform doesn't have very many emails of the influencers. I was under the impression that it would.

They have made it more efficient to contact influencers. I have definitely saved time.

BuzzStream review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Reach the masses"

What do you like best?

Able to target a large audience at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying it out to see if it works with your needs.

Trying to target our large group of coworkers, colleagues and agency partners.

BuzzStream review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"BuzzStream review"

What do you like best?

I like the layout of the website and and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the language used is too technical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth seriously considering this product for increased productivity.

As a user, the company is utilizing it for new customers.

BuzzStream review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Very effective program that lives up to its intended promise"

What do you like best?

One Of the leaders in their industry that stands out in eyes.

What do you dislike?

Could be better if their customer service was better able to reach

It help me create a buzz or a avenue for for businesses at a faster rate.

BuzzStream review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent Brand Building for Creative Products"

What do you like best?

The variety of payment options and plans

What do you dislike?

the customer service staff was difficult to contact

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact service first before buying into plan to see how they can meet your needs

building a brand through digital content and design

BuzzStream review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Good company "

What do you like best?

The functionality of the product leaves little to be desired.

What do you dislike?

There are very few possibilities for disliking this company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't think of any.

By using buzzstream to increase our social media reach, we increase our customer count.

BuzzStream review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Works best in small groups "

What do you like best?

This product was safe and easy to use compared to other apps.

What do you dislike?

This app had difficulty transferring all types of large media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have people login in group meetings.

Sharing ideas and data.

BuzzStream review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Great for links"

What do you like best?

Makes it easy for links and communication.

What do you dislike?

There are quite a few processes to follow, but I don’t hate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s worth a shot for sure.

easier communication between people on websites.

BuzzStream review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Very simple"

What do you like best?

I like how simple BuzzStream is.and how I can easily do my P.R work.

What do you dislike?

I dont really dislike anything about the way it performs.

I can track how I do my work

BuzzStream review by Internal Consultant in Events Services
Internal Consultant in Events Services

"In the know "

What do you like best?

It gives me insight on popular online content and blogs

What do you dislike?

Sometimes lacks diversity but can be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot

Being ahead of the curve on online content

BuzzStream review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"BuzzStream Usage Review"

What do you like best?

Web based software, don't need to download.

What do you dislike?

Has lack of functionality at times, and can be slower.

Really allows us to create buzz in social media as the name suggests.

BuzzStream review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"BuzzStream Is Helpful "

What do you like best?

I love that I can send out bulk emails and track them.

What do you dislike?

I like it all. I had a good experience using BuzzStream.

Helps me track emails.

BuzzStream review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Great product promotion"

What do you like best?

Personalized outreach and advertising strategies

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the results aren’t seen immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into their competitive marketing strategies.

Connecting with new clients and marketing products

"Awesome Tool"

What do you like best?

I like being able to map out different linking opportunities as well as other contacts in the system.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX portion of it could be updated. Sometimes it feels like it's a bit old fashioned and harder to navigate.

Linking opportunities and outreach tracking.

Learning about BuzzStream?

* We monitor all BuzzStream reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.