BuzzSumo

BuzzSumo shows you the most shared links and key influencers for any topic or website. Ideal for content strategy, outreach and competitive research.

Work for BuzzSumo?
Radarly socialmediaana  2x

Learning about BuzzSumo?

BuzzSumo Reviews

Ask BuzzSumo a Question
Showing 53 BuzzSumo reviews
BuzzSumo review by <span>Ryan J.</span>
Ryan J.

Great for evaluating your own site and for finding experts/influencers

What do you like best?

BuzzSumo is amazing. I love the "influencer" feature that allows me to find leading voices on any topic. I love the ability to see and download everything that has been shared on my (or any) site in the last year. This helps clients understand how their content marketing programs are or are not working. I also love the site comparison feature, showing you shat types and lengths of content on sites get shared the most.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I don't like about BuzzSumo. It provides a totally unique service at a very reasonable price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend BuzzSumo highly enough. if you're spending money on content marketing and social media, this is a must have product for the money.

I use BuzzSumo in two ways:

1) I use it to evaluate the health of content marketing programs for my clients and competitors. How much of our content is being shared on social media? What percentage of pages? What topics and content types are shared the most? BuzzSumo tells e all of this.

It also allows me to do research: has this topic been written about a thousand times already? What are the most popular articles about this topic?

2) I also use BuzzSumo for finding influencers . This product has been invaluable to me in finding people to interview for articles. People who have a following and can help improve the likelihood of my content being shared and discovered.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about BuzzSumo
BuzzSumo review by <span>Ryan C.</span>
Ryan C.

Buzzsumo - Helps me find Hot Topics for my Niche

What do you like best?

What I loved the most about Buzzsumo is that it's so easy to use. Just enter any topic or keyword into the list and it will immediately provide you with a list of articles and topics that have worked well for that topic in terms of engagement and shares. This is important when doing keyword and competitive research. I know that there are other tools out there that can do this, but this is where Buzzsumo excels. After finding the list of topics that are getting top shares, you'll also be able to check who shared this article and you could reach out to them via twitter. Definitely a wonderful tool for research and outreach.

What do you dislike?

Buzzsumo is great at looking at the social shares and engagement of particular topics, but it doesn't do well in backlink analysis. Backlink analysis is done much better in other tools and softwares available in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth trying! What I really liked about this tool is that it's so easy to use. You can quickly check keywords and topics in the search box and get results in an instant. There is a little bit of learning curve but you will be able to get up to speed in using it in no time.

I was able to find the best products and opportunities for my niche by looking at the best topics to write about. This has helped me save time and resources in allocating where I spend my content writing efforts.

What Social Media Analytics solution do you use?

BuzzSumo review by <span>James P.</span>
James P.

Fantastic Content Marketing Tool

What do you like best?

The ability to search for relevant and trending content and topics which can act as a pivotal part of your marketing research for creating content online - you can also see what content is being shared the most via channel which is also helpful and what content type, allowing you to further refine your content strategy and online marketing efforts. Allows you to also search for influencers based on keywords and industries and see their social following - allowing you to amplify your content and start forming relationships, the list tool on Buzzsumo is really helpful in segmenting your influencers. In addition influencers and finding relevant content, you can use the insight to improve your website performance, especially with your blog and attracting links from the influencers you have identified.

What do you dislike?

The cost is very expensive, especially for freelancers like me!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a more holistic tool to content marketing and improving your influencer strategy - then Buzzsumo is one of the best tools out there.

I have been able to find what content is relevant to my product/service, industry or niche and finding the relevant influencers to amplify my efforts. I have been able to increase my organic reach on all social platforms as well, as well as increasing my SERPs through high-quality backlinking - although this requires a long-term approach.

BuzzSumo review by <span>Sandeep M.</span>
Sandeep M.

One of the Best Content Marketing Tools in the Market

What do you like best?

Essentially a content marketing tool, Buzzsumo allows you to search for the most popular/shared content online for any given topic. The pro version of the tool allows you to see who has shared the content online and filter by type (such as influencers and brands) and location.

A nifty feature if you’re planning to create similar (better) content online and then do an email outreach to promote your content. If you’re a fan of Brian Dean and his skyscraper technique, then Buzzsumo is the tool you should subscribe to right away in order to successfully implement skyscraper technique and get high quality backlinks.

When combined with a blogger outreach tool like the next one on my list, Buzzsumo is a must-have tool to rank high in search engines.

What do you dislike?

It could be cheaper. $99/month is way too expensive!

I write 2-3 blog posts a week for my own blogs and at least 1 blog post/week for each of my agency clients. I use Buzzsumo to see what's trending for any given topic. I also use it to fetch high-quality backlinks via influencer marketing.

BuzzSumo review by <span>Stefania A.</span>
Stefania A.

Adds great value to any report and is very inexpensive

What do you like best?

Easy to use for any level, from hardcore analyst to intern. It quickly provides PR and social data as well as trend analysis based on Facebook data. Great to identify insights around owned and earned content for any brand, topics, corporate.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't really like about this product. It would be great to have more visibility and influence of their products roadmap and help them develop new features based on marketing needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for Facebook and PR data!

It's great to connect the dots when reporting for social media campaigns. I can finally report on media amplification from a social perspective and by setting up the alert emails I've been able to identify communication crisis sooner than my clients or any other social listening tool.

BuzzSumo review by User in Internet

Great tool for listening across the web

What do you like best?

I really like the automated emails that I get from BuzzSumo that give me a look into the social sharing of content from our site or from content that we are mentioned it. The best part is that it lets me know if there is a link back - this has allowed me to reach out to bloggers/vendors and ask for a link back! The system is also super easy to use with all of the bells and whistles it has. I can easily do social listening, influencer tracking, and see what content of mine is performing the best. It is a truly powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes about BuzzSumo. It does take a little bit to look through all of the results it gives you and sometimes doesn't explain why something or someone is more important than the next.

BuzzSumo helps me to listen socially, track and find influencers, look at what content of mine is performing the best and is most widely shared, and keep track of brand mentions. As I said above, it is a very powerful tool.

Learning about BuzzSumo?

* We monitor all BuzzSumo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.