CA Flowdock

4.0

CA Flowdock is a collaboration tool for teams. CA Flowdock integrates a team inbox and chat, and is integrated with over 50 tools and services.

Work for CA Flowdock?

Learning about CA Flowdock?

CA Flowdock Reviews

Showing 92 CA Flowdock reviews
CA Flowdock review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Flowdock: good tool for easy team collaboration"

What do you like best?

I find Flowdock to be a nice, easy to use tool for collaboration and chatting within the team. The web and mobile interfaces both work well, are easy to use, and seem intuitive. I like the way you can separate it into many different chats and move easily between them.

What do you dislike?

The only real problem we've had with Flowdock is getting people to use it. Slack is preferred, even though the features seem very similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend those who depend on Slack look into Flowdock. I don't know what the price difference is, but I find the functionality very similar, and I think Iike Flowdock's interface a bit better.

We use it to facilitate communication and cowork within our team, especially because many of us work from home. It helps with using email less frequently and having more real-time communication.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CA Flowdock
CA Flowdock review by Ian S.
Ian S.

"Totally functional corporate IM system"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and consistency: laptop app, web interface, mobile app, tablet app: always looks and works the same, always in sync. Additionally it is tied in with our corporate IdM system, so easy login. Reasonably good threading, forums, search, and 1-1 conversations. Much better than email or mailing lists!

What do you dislike?

Search is weak. I would love for it to have an advanced search feature.

Often I'd like to setup a temporary group chat in Flowdock, but there is no way to do this. Instead we hijack an existing forum or just use Google Hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flowdock is simple and complete. I'd definitely give it a look if you're trying to decide on a corporate IM system.

Fast IM within the organization with tagging and search. Let's a distributed team stay connected.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

CA Flowdock review by Elenda F.
Elenda F.

"Educator "

What do you like best?

I work at an art daycare center for young children and having this program is awesome. All the teacher can keep up with one another; share curriculums for the week or needing to figure out schedules. This helps a lot; my employer introduce this program recently and it's utterly amazing!

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't seen any problems; but I know some still can't use it wherever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What I've seen it's incredible.

I think what I found out it's easier to keep track of everything and everyone when your on the job.

CA Flowdock review by George O.
George O.

"My favorite tool for collaboration at work."

What do you like best?

I find Flowdock intuitive and easy to use in the workplace for seamless communication and collaboration across teams and departments.While there is a web interface,I can also access Flowdock from my mobile phone sand this makes Flowdock super convenient to use at all times.

The ability to separate all of my communication into different chats and navigate easily between them is perhaps the best part of Flowdock for me.

What do you dislike?

This isn’t a popular program and for most of the new employees joining our organization,they are used to alternative tools like Slack.Thus we get to spend extra resource and tome training them to use Flowdock.

Flowdock facilitates easy communication across my organization ,while also making it easy for collaboration ,especially on weekends when most persons are working from home.

CA Flowdock review by Sjoerd H.
Sjoerd H.

"Effective and functional way to communicate with teams"

What do you like best?

- threading is great, especially with the recently introduced "rethreading", where you can add posts to a thread if you accidentally forgot to. Also, threading helps a lot wit going through the onslaught of messages sometimes

- recently there have been a couple of good updates, with long-awaited feature additions (re-threading, in channel @@group messaging)

- the ability to add hyperlinks to words without having to drop the entire link. This keeps long texts with several links very readable.

What do you dislike?

- the iOS app seems to somehow deteriorate

- the ability to form quick 1-on-multiple chats is not that great. Having to create a separate temporary channel is not ideal

- definitely a lot less emails

CA Flowdock review by Alexander R.
Alexander R.

"Pretty convenient fast team chat"

What do you like best?

1. Accessibility from Web, MacOS app, Android, iOS

2. Speed (Flowdock is really fast)

3. Flowdock is easy-to-use

4. Supports integrations

5. File uploads

6. Flowdock's support

What do you dislike?

1. The design seems outdated.

2. Could have had more integrations

3. Not possible to perform search within 1-to-1 chat

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flowdock fits all teams of 2-50 members, if you have more people in your company/team, consider using other team communication tools.

We have a remote team of 20+ members. Flowdock helps us to keep our team members synchronized and to share ongoing information and files.

It's easy-to-setup, easy-to-use and it has iOS and Android mobile applications which are pretty fast as well.

"Decent chat"

What do you like best?

It's easy to connect with third-party services like github, pivotal tracker, or your app.

What do you dislike?

It's less intuitive than Slack, IMO. It doesn't seem set up for multiple teams or contexts, even though it has rooms: if you set up a public room, it's for everyone, and if you have multiple teams or groups, you have to maintain the permissions of each room ad hoc. Also, 1:1 chats are not searchable, which is extremely annoying and limits its utility greatly. I end up having to think "Is this a conversation I'm going to want to look up later?" and if so, initiate it in email or some other channel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look hard at Slack

We use it for communication primarily on the product and engineering side, though others have started adopting it. We've hooked into many third-party apps for dev ops monitoring, development tasks, social media, etc.

CA Flowdock review by User in Internet

"Great for inter-team communication and lots of great integrations"

What do you like best?

Though Slack has recently added this functionality, Flowdock always had nested conversations, which are a great feature. So, while you can still see all comments in a flow (i.e. Sales or Marketing), you can also look at nested conversations going on within that flow. So, for example, when new employees start, you can simply tag them in a conversation that the CEO had with the head of marketing about best practices for promo spend 3 years ago and they can read the entire conversation.

What do you dislike?

On the mobile app, you can mark comments that you are tagged-in as "un-read" but you can't do that on a computer. So, if you read something on the computer but don't want to respond right away, you have to go to the mobile app to mark it as unread.

Especially as a remote employee, using Flowdock allows me to read and be apart of lots of conversations happening at HQ. The biggest benefit, especially the way we use it, is transparency.

CA Flowdock review by Vinicius S.
Vinicius S.

"Good for work communication and suitable for small and big teams!"

What do you like best?

Flowdock is a good and useful tool to integrate team members and make communication between them easier. For instance, you can separate the environment in channels/flows depending on the subject and invite/add specific members to that. For more privacy, you can use private conversations.

Also, file sharing is available and can be very useful to give access to all it may concern and discuss about it.

The user interface is simple, modern and visually accuratte. You can navigate easily between the channels or conversations or manage account preferences.

Integration with external services like Github are also amazing! You can put yours information source in just one place and increase team productivity working in different projects.

What do you dislike?

When I first use Flowdock I wasn't able to find any point that I dislike. But, I think that I found 2 things that may make your experience a little annoying.

The first one is about when you try to load some conversation and it doesn't show anything. It is not frequently but happens sometimes.

The second one is in the web version. It is about the new window tabs when you navigate to some sections. I have noticed that is a complain already made but I don't know they will change that. It may not affect a lot of people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should give it a chance because it delivers what is promised.

A good way to check this is using de trial/free version. The problem is that this is available for just 5 members and it can be restrictive for an effective test.

Another important point: do the math! Flowdock pricing is per user/month. If you have a lot of users it may increase quickly. There is also a student license for use but I didn't check how it works.

We are using Flowdock to centralize our teams communications instead of flooding e-mail boxes to talk or share some files. It much more faster and reliable.

When we need some past information you can just go to the software and search for this. Keeping a track (history) of our activity is also important for us.

CA Flowdock review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Flowdock, the alternative to slack"

What do you like best?

I like the product overall, though the emoji's and the glyphy addition really made it shine.

What do you dislike?

the amount of time it took me to figure out that i had to write within the conversation, but once I did figure it out - the product is magical!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may take a little bit of time to get used to if you've never used a product like this before, but give it a shot and keep an open mind and you'll be happy.

we're solving internal communication issues, and this product allowed us to get over some good hurdles we were experiencing when it came to communication breakdowns internally.

CA Flowdock review by Darryl M.
Darryl M.

"CA Flowdock is an awesome tool."

What do you like best?

It is great to be able to use the appear feature and start up a video chat with someone discreetly. The threads and flows are very similar to social media and employees love it for that reason. They feel familiar with the product instantly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes work gets chaotic and the notifications tend to pile up, but it really isn't any different than the old days of having to check the office e-mail to stay up to date on what is going on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More companies should use this in developing teamwork and boosting morale. Makes everyone feel like part of the team and that their contributions can be heard.

It is a great tool for integrating the team in a fun and simple way. There are fewer moments when employees "didn't know that was happening".

CA Flowdock review by Olga A.
Olga A.

"Great for internal communication"

What do you like best?

It's easier to say what I dislike:) Ok, what I like best is probably that you can not only communicate with your colleagues via Flowdock, but also share files. I find it very handy if I need to quickly discuss the design of a badge, or button, or even a rollup. Another thing I like is that you can organize groups in it. This way I don't have to share e.g. an interesting article about sales pitches with the whole team, 'cause the whole team is not interested in that. Instead, I'd create a group "Sales and Marketing", invite only those who are relevant for it and share that same article only with them.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot search within the tool. If you need some info you know you received from your colleague sometime ago, there is literally no way to find that info in the app quickly. You would have to peruse each conversation. A workaround is to open Flowdock in browser, load as much conversation history as possible and then search using the native browser's search window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot say I have any specific recommendations. I'm sure there are other good alternatives to Flowdock. I started using it, because it was THE internal communication tool in my company, and since I haven't used anything like this before, I have nothing to compare it with. But I'm absolutely satisfied with Flowdock and wouldn't want to switch away from it.

Quick communication channels, works great especially if you and your colleagues are miles away from each other.

CA Flowdock review by Paul W.
Paul W.

"The Usefuleness of Threaded Conversations Keeps Us From Moving to Slack"

What do you like best?

Conversation threading let's you create message threads within a channel. This means you don't have to scroll endlessly looking for the history around a particular conversation. For instance in your "Great Idea" flow you may have a few different ideas. Each one can have it's own message and response thread. This feature is amazingly helpful

I also love the custom emojis.

What do you dislike?

Slack has nice card-like content blocks you can publish and has quite a few more integrations. Flowdock search is pretty useless if you don't know the right channel to search in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Less innovation and feature development but very practical.

Flowdock is our replacement to email. We keep conversations public (within the company) so there's less siloed information and you don't end up answering the same question 5 times.

CA Flowdock review by Raquel G.
Raquel G.

"Nice for team chat and collaboration"

What do you like best?

Facility to deploy! Is possible to get Flowdock running through their website with just a few clicks and basic configuration. I usually use it in web version and smartphone app but you can also install it in your computer (all platforms).

The chat functionality is very good. You can use private chats or talk in isolated channels with differents member on each.

Integration with external softwares is a important feature for me. You can mix in just one platform all tools that you use in daily basis activities making you day much more productive.

There is a free version for tests, for small teams (just till 5 users) and student use. If this isn't enough for you, pricing is per user/month ($3). Comparing it with others similar softwares, I think is a good price since you get no limitations and no contract terms.

What do you dislike?

Too many tabs when using the web version! Each click to a different section open a new tab. After a while, you get lost in your browser.

I sometimes have problems with notifications on mobile app. There is some delay between sending a message and get a notification on your phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try free version before buying a license. You can also compare with another similar softwares and test reliability and functionalities. Flowdock is simple and delivers what is promised.

Teams communication working in differents projects. We use "channels" functionality to separate subjects, to share files and contents of interest and to keep tracking our development and activities.

CA Flowdock review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Love this service"

What do you like best?

My favorite communication tool for employees especially when you are trying to contact someone in a different department. It is so easy to create groups (flows) and make them private or public internally. I really like the 1-to-1 feature the most and how you can @ (mention) another user to get their attention. It makes it really easy to use and as an employee only took me 2 days to get the hang of it.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the only downside is that sometimes the pings (@) can be missed and randomly disappear. Otherwise everything is good but leaving the platform open for too long especially when there are lots of users who chat, will cause anyones computer to become slow and lag until flowdock is closed.

Using for internal communication between departments to quickly resolve client issues.

CA Flowdock review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Convenient way to communicate across and within remote teams"

What do you like best?

Flowdock gives you lots of options to add other sources of information: Github, email threads, monitoring, etc. Whatever you want. You can also install a hubot.

Using multiple channels, it's easy to "lurk" in channels you don't often actively participate in, but want to be informed. You can decide if you are on the "team" or not, and will (or won't) be notified appropriately when someone uses the @team handle.

It's also easy to start "side conversations" in the main flow, without disrupting others.

What do you dislike?

Flowdock works pretty well for our use case. You can even read team-wide emails and full Github issue threads from within FD, making it a handy hub for information without having to switch windows (and contexts) very often.

I don't like that you cannot search private 1:1 messages, and recently my 1:1 history with my most frequent collaborator just disappeared, which was frustrating.

It would also be nice if it was easier to see co-worker's status.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to setup the integrations. It's more than just a chat room - the idea is to have team-specific information available on the right hand rail, all the time.

The business problem is a distributed team that needs to be able to communicate frequently. The benefits are that now, everyone can search for information talked about months ago, easily catch up if you miss a day, and stay informed.

CA Flowdock review by Stan H.
Stan H.

"Refreshing experience"

What do you like best?

Invariably with tools like Hipchat or Skype, group chat rooms become a tangle of several conversations happening simultaneously. Flowdock solves this problem by assigning context to messages. By allowing users to scope down to a given conversation, it's possible to see only the messages related to a given point. By de-selecting the conversation (and moving back to the 'global' scope of a room, or flow), it's possible to see all the messages that have occurred while you had your head down focused on the matter at hand. Flowdock also has fantastic integration with GitHub and Jenkins, and a really great SDK for writing your own extensions.

What do you dislike?

They have done nothing to solve the proliferation of flows (Hipchat equivalent: rooms), and flows cannot actually be deleted, just disabled (which adds to organizational cruft on any admin page). It's also very easy to create a new context when you believe you're responding to someone else's message (so, introduction of a new problem: proliferation of contexts within a chat room). Also, there's no way to re-assign a message to a context once you've sent it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth trying. However, Flowdock was acquired by Rally Software, which in turn was acquired by CA, so be warned that the software's very open, collaborative look-and-feel and delightful UI might change once CA sinks their claws into the company.

What started as a means for distributed team collaboration became a one-stop shop for all team news (build status, production deployments, claiming test clusters). There's also an efficiency gained when you're not forced to context-switch over and over just to follow a conversation in a chat room.

CA Flowdock review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Threaded conversations blow Slack out of the water"

What do you like best?

What the title says. Threaded conversations mean you don't have noise in your channel, or 10's of channels! Flowdock does team chat the way it's meant to be. Simple. Clean.

What do you dislike?

A "cool" thing is the integration with third-party services. That list hasn't really grown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't fall into the Slack trap, Flowdock is great. This is the kind of software CA should be making!

Communication. Being response to each other. Hashing out issues.

CA Flowdock review by User in Computer Software

"Pretty Solid Chat Application"

What do you like best?

The threading is awesome. It destroys the competition in this area which makes it easy to follow conversations while having a small amount of chat rooms (flows).

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike that there is not a good search function or 'jump to date' function that allows to easily find past messages that you need to reference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would email their support about the search function I mentioned. They marked it as in progress a couple years ago I believe. They are pretty focused on their blog - they need to get back to the product.

It allows a company with employees all over the country to keep in close contact and be on the same page.

"Fantastic thread management!"

What do you like best?

Flowdock is awesome at organizing the clutter of large multi-team communication. How they handle threads makes them stand above Slack.

What do you dislike?

What I can do in Slack that I can't in Flowdock: create adhoc discussions with a few people (it's 1:1 or formal groups only), copy/paste images/files (must be uploaded), no giphys :(

The thread organization is still worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flowdock is not as pretty or popular as Slack from some points of view, however if you have more than 10 people, Slack gets noisy, whereas Flowdock shines with threads.

Easy to maintain day to day and historical referencing of conversations with colleagues.

CA Flowdock review by Kathy L.
Kathy L.

"Great chatroom for easy work communication"

What do you like best?

Flowdock is the lifeline among all of our customer service reps. Since we are always with headphones waiting for calls, it's not easy to interrupt others or talk to them directly. Especially in times when we are live on the phone with users, we can 'tag' the whole team with a quick question and get an immediate reply. WAY better than email for quick communication, and the 'tagging' of certain people (or the whole team at once) allows it to run in the background for me to check intermittently, or pay attention right away when I am tagged. If I am not logged in to flowdock, I will receive emails about all communications in which I've been tagged, so I never miss anything important.

Conversations are organized into colored 'bubbles' so it's easy to follow threads of interest and pass on threads not pertinent to my job.

In addition, it allows fun emoticons, embedded GIFs, and photos! Fun, lighthearted feel of a chatroom with all the bells and whistles for a serious communication tool.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, I will review older chat bubbles and flowdock will fail to load the conversation. Usually refreshing the page or closing out and retrying solves this problem. It's rare, but really my only {bug} report for this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try if you're considering a real-time chat feature for your workspace. For small groups, a trial version is available. Other similar apps may be more robust, but flowdock is perfect for our simple needs of quick communication within teams. I recommend setting up different "Groups" which appear in the left-hand side, as well. This divides your chats into certain members (dev team, customer service, leadership, etc) so you're only subscribed to chats you will need.

Fast, easy communication within our team. It's the main way we communicate! It prevents a backlog of emails and real-time interruptions.

CA Flowdock review by Vinicius L.
Vinicius L.

"Useful tool for team collaboration, but could be better."

What do you like best?

It's a good tool for team communication and you can separate differents subjects in to separated "flows" or channels. In addition, you can invite people to join just one channel increasing privacy for others members.

There is a possibility to integrate with external services such as e-mail (send messages to a flow inbox from your e-mail), twitter, github, confluence, jira, etc. Actually, there are a lot of options to integrate!

Single Sign-on is also available as an integration service.

Is possible to use a free version up to 5 users. If you are a non-profit organization or have a student project, they say that is possible to work with that too. In other case, you have to pay per user/month.

Flowdock is also very easy to configure. You can get it running for your company or team in a few minutes. Furthermore, almost all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android) have an app to install and there is a web version that can also be used.

What do you dislike?

Flowdock is a simple tool that delivers team chat and an inbox that integrate with external services. But its just that. If you are looking for some more robust tool, with more features and more personalizable, it may not be appropriated for you.

Other thing a little bit annoying is that a lot of links to others Flowdock sections (preferences, external services, etc) will open a new window/tab. Each click may take you to a new window and you can get lost easily. Also there isn't a quick access list to members of your organization to start a private chat. I took a while to find how to do that. The interface and usability could be better.

I also missed an app for Windows Phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try Flowdock using its free version for a small team and compare with others similar products such as Slack. Flowdock delivers team chat and collaboration features, but is not necessarily the best product. Maybe some usability problems that disturb me won't be so relevant to you.

Team collaboration, specifics communication and quick file sharing. To avoid a lot of calls during the day, a centralized platform divided in differents channels can be very helpful.

CA Flowdock review by Brett G.
Brett G.

"Great way to collaborate and communicate"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and enjoyable it is to use. We use Flowdock constantly in the office to communicate with each other, ask questions, solve problems, and chat. It's nice having the group chat sections as well as a section for 1 to 1 messaging. I also like the inline GIF display.

What do you dislike?

Updates on my phone don't sync properly. Even if I answer/respond to notifications on the desktop or web app, the notifications stay on my phone til I open up the app and check them there. I also seem to have some trouble uploading pictures and files at times. I'm not really sure why it does this but I will usually have to close out of Flowdock entirely in order for it to work properly. Besides that there are really no usability issues when it comes to the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Flowdock a shot, or at least a test run with a small team. There is a free option for teams of 5 or less, so trying it with a small group first is a great idea. However, consider options such as Hipchat or Slack. Slack has some more features and plug-ins that Flowdock does not, and along with it's beautiful interface, Flowdock has some serious competition.

Collaboration and communication. We're able to work together, form teams, reach out to people whether they're in the office that day or not, and more. It helps bring the office together more as one whole unit which is great.

CA Flowdock review by User in Internet

"Fun and simple chatroom "

What do you like best?

Great platform to communicate in a collaborative work environment. You can communicate in the bigger chatroom and tag specific people in comments or everyone but also do direct, private messaging. It also has the capability to make specific chatrooms just for certain teams or topics. You can also get email notifications when someone messages you and the app is wonderful for after work hour communication when you aren't looking at your email. Our company loves using the emojis and putting gifs into our daily chat and humor. It also has our twitter feed on the side of the chatroom which is awesome to see what the market is saying about us, without having to actually go to twitter.

What do you dislike?

They don't have video chat, not that it is a big problem but so many other similar products already have that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely good if you have a collaborative, small company. Quicker way to communicate across the company than email.

Our company uses it for both work and fun. Because we are a start-up, anything catastrophic can happen in a second so it's a great way to send the team updates about what is going on daily. We also use it to share funny things that happen in the office or things on the web and friendly banter. PR will send news articles about us for the team to see. Solves the problem that email has which is being bombarded with emails (some important and some not). Only information coming from our team is coming through which is great- still some important and some not though :)

People look at it more than email- especially our Dev team :)

CA Flowdock review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"The best in the biz"

What do you like best?

Flowdock is a very easy platform to collaborate with any teammate (whether serious or business-related). You can either access Flowdock through the web or you can download the app. Flowdock is also great for letting you know the minute that someone is attempting to reach you with mobile notifications and flyin notification on the mac/pc as well.

What do you dislike?

The notifications can get a bit annoying at time, but can be turned off easily, so I guess that is just my fault.

The benefits are the group chats that allow a whole team to collaborate and interact all on one platform. I am also solving the problem of having to get out of my chair and ask someone a question.

CA Flowdock review by User

"Great messaging service"

What do you like best?

Ability to have group chats as well as one-on-one. Nice that is has an app, too. I work remote, so if I have to run an errand, I can still get notifications of messages sent.

What do you dislike?

It’s just messaging. Not a workflow or a collaborative space.

Communication is a big deal. A lot of our communication was either getting lost in email or becoming too involved via text messages. This gives us the ability to reach people immediately while they are working.

CA Flowdock review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great tool for those of us that hate e-mail"

What do you like best?

Flowdock is a great tool to keep up with what is going on in our company. We use seperate "flows" or rooms for different teams as well as a number of support flows. This allows us to see who is online and get immediate feedback. We use a room for the whole company which helps us keep up when exciting things are happening.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I will miss messages on flowdock. I also can never seem to find anything when I search on their ios app. Most of the minor annoyances have gone away as I have gotten used to the tool and figured out the ways to get the most out of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flowdock is a fairly straightforward solution to a common problem. Every company I've worked for has struggled for ways to keep in touch with the entire company as well as departments. Instead of sending everything to email which I would promptly ignore, I get shorter instant messages and feedback from within flowdock.

We have better real-time communication across the entire company. It also allows us to quickly look back on previous conversations and pull the valuable information out that I will have forgotten minutes after receiving.

CA Flowdock review by User in Computer Software

"Good for chat, but missing the cool factor of Slack"

What do you like best?

It is nice as a basic chat platform for teams in large companies since there is no limit like slack. Also since it is made from CA, it integrates with Rally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the look and feel of the app. Also the amount of notifications shown from Rally are kindof annoying. Everything that changes in Rally gets shown in the side panel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't use Rally I wouldn't recommend using this.

Flowdock helps our team communicate without message limits like Slack.

CA Flowdock review by Rafał D.
Rafał D.

"Simple communication tool"

What do you like best?

It does what it was designed to do. Simple and easy to use. No extra, unnecessary options.

I like searching for different types of data and the integration with other applications.

What do you dislike?

I could use a some sort of a whiteboard for drawing while chating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple commucation tool.

just simple communication

"flowdock works great!"

What do you like best?

It has a web client, mac client and mobile versions. These make access really easy and notifications are synced between all locations so I can keep my place no matter where I am accessing the application.

What do you dislike?

The mac client is a bit slow and seems to have a memory leak somewhere. Emoji support is present, but its not very intuitive (requires a proceeding : for an emoji)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very similar to Slack so it's interesting overall to have a competitor in the space.

Allows our different groups to chat and communicate quickly and easily in a number of different "flows" (chat rooms). Also allows for 1:1 chat between specific users.

CA Flowdock review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"CA Flowdock has something unique to it."

What do you like best?

Ask anyone, I have always been a lister, someone who charts out the week's/month's goals and objectives. Having a team can be difficult work, but with CA Flowdock, EVERYONE is able to stay on-track.

What do you dislike?

Everything has cons, and for me, surprisingly, the amount of available options/bullets within the program can at first be rather daunting--but over time you learn to appreciate all the added features.

Setting tasks and ensuring the team, as well as myself, sticks to it.

CA Flowdock review by User in Internet

"Wonderful tool to get answers quickly"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of Flowdock and how I can always get a response from my co-workers sooner where responses are more concise and direct. I like how you can make your own emojis and also copy/paste link threads to different flows.

What do you dislike?

I think the mobile version could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful alternative to old-school email

Communication between departments, ease of uploading documents, no need for e-mail, less worthless back and forth between co-workers, casual vibe

CA Flowdock review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"This really makes it easier to communicate within my commpany. "

What do you like best?

This product makes it much easier to centralize a team's ideas and plans with the ability to share files and to categorize the files for your projects. The application allows you to tag things very similarly to Outlook which is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I personally don't like that a third party is holding the data for this application. If this application had the ability to self-host then I would feel safer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand that you cannot self-host and you don't really know where that data will be hosted. May not be the best solution with a company that values security at a higher level.

We were experiencing collaboration issues that were solved when we started to use Flowdock. The application made it much easier to communicate ideas or collaborate on decision making if you are not in the same room.

CA Flowdock review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"A good solution for small teams - when it works"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to track conversations within Flowdock, whether the communications are one to one or with a group of coworkers. Flowdock is also an inbox saver, as many communications that could happen within an email exchange are easily handled within the simple Flowdock interface.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really at this point. I'm only a few months into using Flowdock, and everything has been great thus far!

(Updated 7/28) Been experiencing more issues of late with pages timing out, Flowdock crashing entirely, etc. Has been very inconsistent of late.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a bad real-time communications tool. Consider Flowdock for your needs; however, like everything else, make sure you consult your team before you start to communicate, as your coworkers might already have some best practices in place.

The biggest business problem I'm solving by using it is communication. In the past, I've used Google Chat, Skype, AIM - you name it, really - to communicate with my team, as I hate killing my coworkers' inboxes. Since the team I joined already uses Flowdock, I figured I would have to use it as well, and the benefits have been about the same.

"Internal Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

Being able to start or add to thread conversations with colleagues

Able to add files to chat

Help you catch up from where you last left

What do you dislike?

Chat client being connected to your email client like Google hangouts

No Web Conferencing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps better for developers/ engineers

Team collaboration on challenges/ internal sharing of information/ group chats

If using other tools such as Hangouts/ WhatsApp or Conference Solutions, I cannot see much difference

CA Flowdock review by Lydia C.
Lydia C.

"great tool!"

What do you like best?

Flowdock is very easy to use, very similar to texting. The interface is well-designed, and there are many features that allow you to customize it to your preferences (i.e., show when someone is typing, show link previews, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I try to customize something from the app, it takes me all the way to the website, where I have to log in again, and then do it from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great tool, much more efficient than emailing back and forth. Great for quick ideas, conversations, or to send (smaller) files.

Great communication tool, very useful for creating groups to chat in for different conversations. Even great for sending files for someone to review quickly rather than emailing them.

CA Flowdock review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Review about CA flowdock"

What do you like best?

The best advantage is Bug tracking system.Because the development team handles support, this type of lightweight bug handling is possible. Customer support is an important input when assessing the severity of bugs – important bugs will rear their head via support messages.

What do you dislike?

There is no specific disadvantage with CA flowdock but when compared with Slack , it is not very user friendly

Slack integrates with tools like Trello, GitHub, Dropbox, Mailchimp, and dozens of others, so you can have a centralized event feed of your project right alongside your chat. This is tremendously useful for keeping context with your discussions.But with Flowdock users cannot integrate with other tools.

CA Flowdock review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"Easy communication in the work place"

What do you like best?

Flowdock overall just makes communication throughout the workplace easier. I work at a logistics company and we have to constantly be communicating back and forth and Flowdock makes this easier to do. Before Flowdock I would constantly have to make calls or physically go back into the warehouse and to the docks to see what has been sent out and what still needs to be sent out. Now the warehouse managers and other workers keep me updated quickly and easily by messaging me on Flowdock.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about Flowdock is that if I miss a message I do not get a reminder. It sends you an email after awhile, but if I do not check my email I may miss an important message. This does not happen often especially since I constantly check it for new messages, but I think a reminder should pop up after a bit if you have not read a message. Other than that there is not much I dislike about Flowdock.

The benefits I have realized from Flowdock is that I can communicate with the entire company much easier.

CA Flowdock review by Carissa B.
Carissa B.

"Fine messaging tool"

What do you like best?

I like the threading of messages, the integrations

What do you dislike?

clunky, no search in personal chats, and that messages are deleted once an employee is gone (in personal chats)

integrations, eliminating internal email

CA Flowdock review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Internal Communication Platform"

What do you like best?

There's minimal shortcuts that are easy to learn. It's many API integrations are good. They could be better, but they suffice. I like the mobile platform. It's nice when sharing files whether with one : one conversations or group specific chats. The follow up email is also very nice.

What do you dislike?

The UI could get a face lift. I wish you could do groupings with hashtags like Slack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flowdock is an ok alternative to Slack. It serves our purpose well and is relatively simple to use.

It's our company's chat platform where everyone can reach one another. It is convenient when you need to indicate specific availability status' and communicate with an entire staff all at once.

CA Flowdock review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Flowdock Review"

What do you like best?

I like being able to tag people in posts to get their help when I need it

What do you dislike?

System goes down at times and it can be frustrating to get work done

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try!

When I post, other people are able to share their ideas as well. I end up getting feedback from people that weren't originally part of the conversation and it is extremely helpful.

CA Flowdock review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Great for small business! "

What do you like best?

Chat history, read recipients, can see who is online and active. Also, can have private chats with certain members

What do you dislike?

File uploading process - no drag and drop option

Recommendations to others considering the product

No video chat available

We have resolved having a chat history where you can go back and look at what was discussed in past time. Very easy to use by allowing desktop notifications and read recepients.

CA Flowdock review by User in Computer Software

"Team Collaboration At Its Finest"

What do you like best?

The best part about Flowdock is being able to manage multiple channels and have threads within each channel, making it easy to collaborate about a lot of different things at once.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the mobile app is a bit glitchy, it needs some improvement.

Team collaboration, integrating support with team messaging.

CA Flowdock review by User in Financial Services

"Threads are my life"

What do you like best?

Threading is no joke; literally a time saver. It was easy to onboard new hires, and pretty self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

Downtime seemed to happen more often than I would have preferred.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having used Hipchat, Slack, and Flowdock, I still prefer the threads of Flowdock over anything else, including Slack, which I love.

Public conversations with remote teams in ways that made sense - if we just had conversations with no order, it's too hard for someone to come back and understand what happened, but being able to click on a thread and easily view it (easier than Slack IMO), is key.

CA Flowdock review by Don C.
Don C.

"Don't need to move to slack."

What do you like best?

Flowdock did threading long before Slack and does it so much better. It has been unstable in the past, but is getting better as time goes on. They also followed up on a feature request I made 2 years ago around @mentioning groups. Impressive!

What do you dislike?

Since CA purchased the app, it felt like development stopped.

Business communication.

CA Flowdock review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Watered down slack"

What do you like best?

It’s to message your team. We integrated it with Rally, so I was also able to see all Rally changes from the sidebar. For the most part it was stable and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I think if you’ve used Slack, you’ll feel like Flowdock copied it but wasn’t able to deliver on the features. The flow organization isn’t great. I don’t think you can pin things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s simple and has good integrations.

We used this as our internal team commutation tool.

CA Flowdock review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good solution for team of 10-30 members collaboration"

What do you like best?

Configurable email notifications, mobile app

What do you dislike?

They don't allow make audio/video calls unless integration w/ corresponding 3rd party tool is configured

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may base your selection on pricing. Basic features are pretty similar w/ other solutions like Slack.

We needed to keep team announcements at the single place.

We also needed them available across different devices so people can access them easily at any location.

CA Flowdock review by User in Internet

"Fun, Collaboration & Chat Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have both small group, one to one, and company wide conversations.

What do you dislike?

I wish the search were better, for example I will search for a subject of a conversation and see the exact message where it was referenced, but not see messages before or after. What I wanted was to see other's responses to a message I knew I had shared.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about conversation topics or groups you might want and start there first so you have less places to search if in need of referencing an old conversation.

It makes it faster to share and have conversations with co-workers while on the go or just from across the room.

CA Flowdock review by Adrienne W.
Adrienne W.

"Collaboration Tools"

What do you like best?

Easy to implement and to use across teams. Currently using it for a team with less than 30 people so not sure how well it will work for larger groups.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit distracting. Lots of channels and chatter throughout the day that can keep people and teams off task and/or lose focus.

Productivity. Trying to make communicating as easy as possible. Teams are collaborating within the channels but often times are not just getting up to walk over to talk.

CA Flowdock review by User in Internet

"Great product. Better than Slack."

What do you like best?

I love that you have conversation threads in each channel. It makes it easier for multiple conversations to be happening at the same time.

I also love that it allows you to send emails into each channel.

What do you dislike?

It goes down every now and then. I also wish you could better control which thread a forwarded email goes into.

We use it for internal company communication. I'll never go back to email.

Learning about CA Flowdock?

* We monitor all CA Flowdock reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.