Cacoo

Create and share diagrams scurely.

Work for Cacoo?

Learning about Cacoo?

Cacoo Reviews

Ask Cacoo a Question
Showing 20 Cacoo reviews
Cacoo review by Jordana H.
Jordana H.

" A GOOD AND COMPLEX SOFTWARE FOR DIAGRAMING"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the variety of templates: Cacoo is the only online diagrim software I've seen which offers countless templates for diagraming, so it's almost impossible not finding something that suits your needs. I also enjoy diagraming with Cacoo because after the template is chosen, what I basically need to do is just substitute the existing text with my own, and delete any shapes, figures and lines that I won't be able to use. If you think outside the box, Cacoo will help you diagram all ofn your work processes and ideas really quickly.

What do you dislike?

Even though Cacoo's strength is its wide variety of templates, sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming the number of options you have for choosing templates, adding shapes, text and even lines. What I mean is that this software is so complex, that it becomes hard for a beginner user to use it confidently. The last thing I don't like is its price, which I find a bit expensive for a diagramming software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cacoo is a good software for diagraming, but can be just a bit complex for a beginner user.

Cacoo lets me diagram many of my work processes and ideas, in a fast and efficient way. So, if I get an idea of how to deliver my clients' orders faster, then I just need to open my Cacoo diagram where that process is located, and add or change this new feature, and this way my business is updated.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Cacoo
Cacoo review by Michelle B.
Michelle B.

"Cacoo"

What do you like best?

Cacoo is a SUPER easy way to make diagrams and share them with your team. A great tool to have for people that aren't super technologically savvy or don't know how to use programs like illustrator where you would have to make diagrams from scratch.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the site can be slow, but that is probably just my internet connection.

My team and I can share ideas and work flows seamlessly and easily - my job is made easier as a graphic designer because my colleagues can mock their ideas up on their own rather than drawing something that might not be as clean or easy to decipher.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Cacoo review by Julia W.
Julia W.

"Es ist einfach zu bedienen"

What do you like best?

Ich mag, dass es viele Vorlagen hat, mit denen man arbeiten kann, und es ist super einfach zu benutzen. Ich mag es, dass es Multi-User ist, so dass wir als Team zusammenarbeiten können.

What do you dislike?

Die Schnittstelle ist wirklich langweilig und das ist die einzige Sache, die ich nicht mag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde es jedem Unternehmen empfehlen.

Wir verwenden es zum Erstellen von Diagrammen wie Flow- und Netzwerkdiagrammen. Wir verwenden es, um Projekte zu entwickeln und wir lieben die Tatsache, dass es sich um eine Online-Software handelt und dass wir die Arbeit leicht teilen können.

Cacoo review by Marcelo d.
Marcelo d.

"Very flexible online diagram creator"

What do you like best?

Cacoo deals with a lot of tasks involving diagrams. Webdesigners and webdevelopers will find Cacoo very useful for planning site maps in great detail, down to creating the specific wireframe for each page (including a nice "freehand wireframe" style). Teachers and presenters will find its basic shapes and connectors invaluable for creating mind maps. It is also possible to use Cacoo for designing simple infographics,

It is able to import images from the local computer, but also has a built-in screen capture function for including screenshots from websites. A nice addition is the ability to include images from Dropbox and Box.com linked accounts and even from Adobe Creative Cloud. Finally, the ability to collective editing, including a chat function, makes Cacoo a very flexible and potent tool that can help a wide range of professionals.

What do you dislike?

The interface got a lot better since the first iterations, but it still could use some improvements. Some icons are confusing and their grouping should be revamped. It could include options for grids and snap to grid for a better organization of content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sheer amount of possibilities with Cacoo can be overwhelming, so I advise to come to test it with a clear idea about what you want to design/illustrate/communicate. The basic collections of shapes, images and objects are more than enough for most users, but you can include any image, which expands the possibilities for any task requiring diagrams.

I have used Cacoo for a lot of tasks. I used it for developing site maps and wireframes for webpages. I also used it for mind maps in classes. Finally, Cacoo was a great tool for designing the inner flux of decisions for a digital game we are producing.

Cacoo review by Fernando S.
Fernando S.

"Reliable and fast Wireframing"

What do you like best?

The stencil library and ease of use. Also, the fact that it is web based, so I can use it even when I'm not near my computer. Has already helped me when visiting clients, for example. Not so complete as other tools on the market, but for a quick and reliable wireframe, flowchart or mindmap, it does the trick.

What do you dislike?

Sharing options need improvement, they do not make real sense. Also, offline saving options need some rewrite - sometimes, your internet is sketchy, and Cacoo freezes when trying to update. That really need some work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to begin your designs. Online based, it's easy to use it to take notes and to create mockups on the fly as you visit clients, for example. I can even use it on my iPad (a little slow, but nothing that is not manageable). I do recommend to use other tools if you need a more polished UX design like complex apps or financial and corporate UX design, but for medium complexity designs, I would give it a try.

Mainly used for inicial sketches, then I export to Visio for final touches. The main benefit is to be an online tool, so I can use it whenever I go, and with it's ease of use, I can use it on meetings of clients, for example, prototyping as the meeting goes.

Main benefits, for me:

- Web based;

- Stencil library;

- Ease of use;

- PDF export option is perfect.

Cacoo review by Alexander C.
Alexander C.

"excellent tool to define conceptual maps and flow diagrams"

What do you like best?

Lightweight and easy-to-use software, it has very accessible features with the user and helps to make diagrams in a fast, easy and understandable way, it is a very useful tool to make documentation based on software architecture

What do you dislike?

It should have more functionalities since it is limited to certain activities, in some cases it is usually basic, since only a certain number of diagrams can work

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be used as an alternative to make flow charts and conceptual maps

It is a good alternative that can be taken into account to carry out the documentation required by the user

Cacoo review by Shawn R.
Shawn R.

"Great all-around visual documentation tool"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the layout and the variety of predefined template elements available.

What do you dislike?

the view control tools are relatively primitive (speaking as an experienced CAD user)

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's a low-risk proposition, in terms of time, to experiment with it before committing to a paid account, which is also very inexpensive and doesn't require any long-term commitment.

agile documentation development for new software tools, easily shared with client manager and end users for quick feedback.

Cacoo review by Jesus G.
Jesus G.

"Experience"

What do you like best?

In addition to being a collaborative tool allows you to create all kinds of diagrams, from a wireframe web, flow chart or simply the design of your local network

What do you dislike?

Maybe what I dislike most is that there is a limit in the free version to create diagrams

design local network,wireframe web ,etc

Cacoo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Teamwork made simple "

What do you like best?

The best feature of Cacoo is it's collaborative nature. We are currently use it to map out a website design and it is so easy for 10+ members of my team to access the information and edit it without breaking the flow of a brainstorm.

What do you dislike?

Some of the design elements could use some updating. As stated above, I am currently utilizing for web design project and there are some design elements i wish I had to help my time visualize my plan for the design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for remote companies, especially those who rely heavily on visual coworking! It is easy to add more users and for multiple people to be on the platform at once.

Team-working from remote locations is always a factor we need to tackle in my company. Cacoo allows us to work collaboratively without having to be grouped around a whiteboard or taking up three tables at Starbucks .

Cacoo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Cacoo is great for showing workflows"

What do you like best?

I like that it's actually easy to use. There is a good amount of customization, but there are also a ton of drag and drop options.So making a workflow or a diagram is quite simple.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes saved workflows show up either really small or really large. That may just be user error, but I would like a more consistent way of saving my work.

Using Cacoo has allowed us to show customers and staff complex workflows. We use it as a training tool. We find that it's easier to learn a process when you can visually see the steps that need to be taken. So it's helped us in that aspect.

Cacoo review by User in Program Development
User in Program Development

"Funny tool for designing diagrams"

What do you like best?

This tool offers the possibility of designing many different types of diagrams. A strong point is the fact that it has lots of templates and this could be really helpful on many occasions. Another advantage is that it is an online tool what allows you to have access to the information everywhere. Also, it has a really friendly interface what does that creating new diagrams is easier and funnier than with other similar tools.

What do you dislike?

This tool shows, by default, many dialogues at the same time what minimises the free space that is dedicated to designing the diagrams. Another point is that it does not allow to save information in other sources like could be Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use a tool that offers diagrams with an image not very formal, this is a good tool; if not, it is better to choose another one.

The necessity of having a tool for designing diagrams.

Cacoo review by alvaro g.
alvaro g.

"Permite realizar esquemas de forma sencilla"

What do you like best?

Permite realizar esquematicos muy vistosos de forma sencilla con muchas opciones de dibujo

What do you dislike?

en ocasiones es complicado elegir el diseño ya que tiene muchos elementos para representar objetos

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si necesitas reaizar esquemas o diagramas vistosos de forma sencilla recomeindo que uses cacoo ya que tiene todo lo necesario para que tu resultado sea un exito

he realizado diagramas y esquemas usando sus figuras que han resultado utiles para poder explicar procesos de funcionamiento de forma sencilla

Cacoo review by Jillian K.
Jillian K.

"Love Cacoo"

What do you like best?

It saves me so much time - I am organized and incredibly type-A, so before this I would take a lot of time creating diagrams. This is wonderful for company collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of any particular issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will save you so much time. Well worth the purchase and at an affordable price! Do it!

One major benefit is that it's affordable! It makes it easier to obtain feedback from clients, so that we can make changes and become more efficient.

Cacoo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Nice option for simple collaborative sketching"

What do you like best?

I had the option to collaborate with coworkers at a distance, much like using a whiteboard, but harder.

What do you dislike?

The UI is not intuitive: it's hard to tell how to get to the diagram, esp. when it's open and what it will save. The options for diagramming tools and for export are very minimal (which for me, is not so good).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For us, it has been simpler to stay with using a more advanced wireframing & daigramming tool, and sharing the display over Google Hangouts. This means only one person can draw, which is a disadvantage, but it means that our work remains in a useful format, and can be as detailed as we need.

Good option for a software team meeting remotely, who needs to share a common vision.

Cacoo review by Viviana R.
Viviana R.

"an easy tool"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy and fast tool to use.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any problem in this application

It allows me to work in a very fast and simple way

Cacoo review by Pedro G.
Pedro G.

"Online diagram software to create and securely share flowcharts, wireframes, UML models, network dia"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. me gusta mucho tambien que es online

What do you dislike?

I do not find anything bad in cocoa. no hay nada que me disguste

In cacoo finish creating my database diagrams

Cacoo review by James M.
James M.

"A good alternative to Visio"

What do you like best?

First of all, the price point is worlds better than Visio.

It is also easier to use IMHO.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the interface could be just a little easier to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would at least give it a try

At first, we were all on VIsio., and that became very expensive, so we switched. It made a big difference on our bottom line

Cacoo review by User

"La version gratuita es buena"

What do you like best?

Te permite guardar en red hasta 5 esquemas de manera gratuita de manera que puedes iniciar sesion desde cualquier parte y acceder a los esquemas.

What do you dislike?

Solo deja tener un máximo de 5 esquemas en la versión gratuita, algo limitada.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo usamos para hacer esquemas de arquitectura de código. Es muy sencillo de utilizar y te guarda los esquemas en tu sesión de usuario para que puedas iniciar sesión desde cualquier dispositivo y los tengas disponibles, eso es una gran ventaja.

Diagramas de flujo para representar arquitecturas de trabajo.

Cacoo review by Martraix C.
Martraix C.

"Ideal for beginers"

What do you like best?

Cacoo is very intuitive and easy to use. It's clear and simple

What do you dislike?

On a designer point of view, the rendering and global aspect is not idealy designed and difficult to present on a professionnal designer presentation.

Really usefull to detail all your user scenario and simplefy your site map

Cacoo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Used Caccoo to make rough wireframes of website concept"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive to get started, nothing overly complicated for creating a general idea of what a site could look like, and easy to concept via playing around with Cacoo elements

What do you dislike?

Maybe not the best solution for creating really fleshed out concepts/designs, at least for me

Showing clients a rough idea without getting too detailed, but giving them something cleaner than a sketch

Learning about Cacoo?

* We monitor all Cacoo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.