CAKE

CAKE provides proprietary cloud-based solutions to collect, attribute and optimize the performance of digital marketing return on investment, in real-time.

Work for CAKE?

Learning about CAKE?

CAKE Reviews

Showing 18 CAKE reviews
CAKE review by Tracie J.
Tracie J.

"Daily multipurpose use with ease of navigation."

What do you like best?

Ease of product use. Cake, in my opinion is the most user friendly panel i've used in the last three years since entering the industry. Navigation and Reports are easy to read and thorough in reporting what information is necessary for me to do my job accurately. My advertisers appreciate accurate billings and my affiliates appreciate accurate payments. I like being able to see specifically what bills I have to pay for each billing cycle with just a click of the mouse button. Moving through payments and invoicing quickly and easily makes my job and my day much easier.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while we do experience some strange lagginess and occasionally the save function does not work properly causing minor loss of information we would prefer to store in the panel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take the time to speak with a customer rep, they are knowledgeable and wiling to help find the solution that works for you. Questions are answered quickly and with the utmost amount of digging and information sharing. Each time I have asked a question I have received a thorough helpful answer in a very short amount of time in comparison to other programs.

Invoicing and Billing are simplified and made much more accurate. Speed of invoicing is greatly improved with pay bills and accounting tabs. We can easily navigate from monthly to weekly to bimonthly with the click of a button. This allows us to see real time stats for invoicing and billing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CAKE
CAKE review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"CAKEwalk"

What do you like best?

Accelerize nailed it with CAKE. The platform is highly configurable and user-friendly (most of the time). My favorite feature that CAKE offers is the upsell feature. Furthermore, CAKEā€™s attribution for mobile is unparalleled. That is important to us as most users are accessing sites via their mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

CAKE addresses most of an affiliate program managerā€™s needs, but where it falls short is being an Omnichannel solution. I know they just launched Journey, but it comes with a big price tag to being all of your channels into one platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is truly one of the best products out there.

Attribution would not be possible without the tech CAKE gives us. We are able to articulate ROI for our partners and to see what campaigns yield a good rerun. It also give you the ability to A/B test different campaigns and day-part.

What Marketing Analytics solution do you use?

CAKE review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Some inefficiencies, but ultimately gets the job done once you're used to it."

What do you like best?

I like that the moment you get to the homepage, you can see all your top performing advertisers/affiliates. It'll show you a pie chart breakdown as well as give you the revenue brought in. I also do like that when you click on anything in particular, whether it is a client's profile or a campaign, a separate card pops up without leaving the original screen. The more you click, the more cards start stacking. There is a full "x" out button that makes it very easy to close all the stacked cards at once. This is super helpful when you're done researching/working on a specific task.

What do you dislike?

I personally do not like how Cake sets up their reporting and how you can't really customize it to what you really need. Reporting is setup by Affiliate, Advertiser, and Offer separately. Compared to other servers I've used, this becomes more of a hassle, because you have to cross check reports with three different tabs. For example, if I go into the Affiliate reporting tab, it will show all necessary numbers for just the source, but it shows no information about what they are running unless you dig deeper with the cards that pop up. If you go into the Offer tab, there is no way you can pinpoint one affiliate running a specific offer unless you export the whole report and go in and find that information to extract it.

It is a better server platform for display and email campaigns that work on desktop and can be mobile optimized.

CAKE review by Katrina U.
Katrina U.

"Accessible panel, useful for even those new to the industry!"

What do you like best?

Intuitiveness of UI. As someone new to the industry, I like being able to relatively quickly find the reports I need to back up the information in the panels when asked for details on Invoices or Bills. While I've had wonderful training, it's nice to be able to dig for details on my own and learn new things that help our advertisers and affiliates both!

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, we experience slow times that don't quite make sense, or the save functions don't actually save information we've added to text panels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I haven't had to speak with anyone with CAKE support yet, I highly recommend it based on my co-worker's having done so. Improvements are often made within a reasonable time, and no matter what, CAKE representatives are willing to listen!

Invoicing and Billing is more accurate with the information we can access with CAKE's tracking and reporting functions.With just a few clicks we can change periods or look at individual item tracking.

CAKE review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Great real-time reporting, but could improve its user experience"

What do you like best?

I love that the reporting happens within the hour and you can even track the link where the conversion took place. Most affiliate platforms don't have this technology, and that's huge.

I like how you can add tags to the affiliate or the offer. It's a great way to organize and filter your client list.

I think there's a lot of great technology built into the platform, you can really boil down to the details.

What do you dislike?

The worst part is the way the links are set up. If you want to send out a mass email and include links, you must add the offer to all accounts. Then, if you want to send an update about the offer, you have to email EVERY affiliate, even the ones who did not promote the offer. There is no way to just email clients who are active in the offer. It looks like you can, because you can say "traffic since x date" but it just doesn't filter the proper way. Including links is the most user-friendly option, but on the CAKE side, it's a headache if you do so.

I have used about 11 affiliate networks before using CAKE and I was pretty well-versed in all of them. I figured CAKE would be easy to pick up, but it took me a while. It's kind of confusing the way it's set up. Once you get it, it's easy, but that will probably take time for the average user.

I love that you can track where a click or conversion took place, but I always have to export it to Excel to find the URL.

I like looking at bar graphs and comparing YoY or MoM but CAKE does not have that option. In general, an option for bar graphs (other than the 1 week on the affiliate card) would be awesome.

If you're looking at long time spans (for example, one year), it can be a little slow to load.

Also, if you do a search for a client and it's not exact, sometimes it doesn't show up. For example, if you forget to add an "s" at the end, it won't show up at all. It would be nice if it had the autocomplete like Google where the name starts appearing.

I also wish the accounting tab was automatic and didn't have to be implemented manually.

I would also like to suggest the option on the dashboard to have the pie chart break it down by affiliate manager so you can see who is contributing the most to that day/week/month/year's sales. It would make for a fun, friendly competition (if you like your colleagues).

I hear if you pay a LOT of money they can add more features. Kind of annoying. I am relatively new to the company but I am not new to the affiliate space so I have a general idea of what these interfaces look like.

When my affiliates log in, they often find the system to be a bit complicated too.

The app is also pretty buggy. I don't even know if affiliates have the option to use the app, but I love checking in on it. I just have to keep resetting my filters every time I check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind your LIFE is in there and it will be very difficult to switch out to anything else afterward. Make sure you do your research and make the right decision. There are very few products out there like this one so you'll probably just have to deal with the quirks. Overall I would recommend using it.

NOTE: I have no idea how much it costs my company to use this, so I chose the lowest price range.

I really LOVE being able to track exactly where a sale is made. It's a great way to see how an affiliate is successfully promoting your program.

Feel free to contact me if you have any particular questions about CAKE. I use this all the time and I'm constantly coming up with new observations.

CAKE review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Real time reporting and easy access to logs"

What do you like best?

I like the real time detailed reporting system which will help us to review the campaigns. Also i like the easy access to the pixel logs where we can see if there are any tracking issues going on or not.

Overall a great experience till date but still it needs to be improved for a performance network with some additional and easy to access features.

What do you dislike?

E commerce setups are not smooth as it should be. setting up the product feeds and then the mapping of the categories is time consuming task. Setting up the payout rules never calculate the exact amount.

there should be default code generated for the creative upload and the impression tracking should be there by default for banners as other platforms have.

We are tracking every sales data in real time which give the good insight to optimise the campaign .

CAKE review by Abdul A.
Abdul A.

"most reliable tool for affiliate marketing "

What do you like best?

the best thing about about Cake marketing tool is we can focus on the performing , campaigns , offers , advertiser, or affiliates. So that we can focus on the revenue generation. instead of manual calculation, tool gives the idea about whats happening in the campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The cake tool has divided the clicks in to premium clicks and lite clicks. Premium clicks are most reliable clicks in the Email marketing, but there is limit. we don't have reliably on lite clicks especially if you are doing email marketing.

Cake helping us find out the proper way of technical usages in tool. we needed more traffic and partners to increase the network and the business. it helping us to increase the business.

CAKE review by Sam W.
Sam W.

"Great experience with Cake"

What do you like best?

Easy to work with UI and extensive online product documentation and support.

What do you dislike?

Change requests seem to fall on deaf ears. We have had to build several 'proxies' outside of the cake platform to accomplish stuff cake hasn't been able to action for us.

We have also had some speed issues, but recently we have seen some improvements here so it looks like Cake are aware this is an area they need to improve.

Online & Affiliate marketing network tracking. Removed need for in-house system and development team to support. Allowed business users to take more control of day to day tasks which used to have to be picked up by Tech staff.

CAKE review by Mickey H.
Mickey H.

"Affiliate Marketing the individual way"

What do you like best?

You can create the offers and campaigns very individual for the single affiliates so always have the control what the affiliates see, what the conditionts are etc.

What do you dislike?

It really takes time before you can start, because it is rather complex.

Also there is no easy way to send tracking data on campaign level.

We have to get more traffic in web but it needs to be a good quality. Cake helps us connecting with lots of affiliates and still having the control, so we can increase our traffic for business growth.

CAKE review by Alan G.
Alan G.

"The software designed for growing businesses. "

What do you like best?

The most amazing thing about CAKE is their customer support. Haven't seen any other company manage it the way they do.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all being honest, the software is very user friendly.

Before CAKE we were not able to correctly track our elaborated sales funnel, now we can track every step of it in a very detailed way.

CAKE review by Adam R.
Adam R.

"robust click through tracker"

What do you like best?

can show analytics from multiple vendors in aggregate or individually

What do you dislike?

tedious to use for accounting purposes

provides a clear window to view conversions

CAKE review by Marco S.
Marco S.

"Best product I've been introduced in a while"

What do you like best?

Their support and flexibility is amazing, plus the out of the box product is already fantastic

What do you dislike?

The user interface could use some TLC :p

Recommendations to others considering the product

From the developer side, their API has everything you will need. And there support is second to none!

I'm on the developer side, so the API has been a great tool, allows us to automatize the process that used to take me a few hours!

CAKE review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Affiliate Manager"

What do you like best?

The support with CAKE is very good. The platform itself is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The pixels are a little confusing but the support team is great and answered all of my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CAKE as a platform is great! I loved the support and the ease of use. We unfortunately shut our network down and cancelled our contract.

My husband and I were trying to run an affiliate network. We were using CAKE as our platform for leads.

CAKE review by User in Computer Software

"We use CAKE for it's data storage and wide variety of fields we can toggle on/off."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to easily access data, export data and draw reports from the data.

What do you dislike?

Some CAKE features are counter intuitive/could be executed better such as Buyer Priority

We are solving a lot of Buyer storage problems with CAKE. We have also released that CAKE is capable of various things.

CAKE review by Monica O.
Monica O.

"Must have for performance based marketing"

What do you like best?

Best affiliate and performance based marketing tool available. Smart UX and Robust API for more advanced usage.

What do you dislike?

At the time, the tools for tracking multi-step and reoccuring conversions were not that robust. But the company was very willing to work with us and improve their feature set. I appreciated that partnership!

We were solving for a scalable cost per lead tracking tool to manage a very large volume affiliate program. They had a much more reliable SLA vs competitors and it was great to eventually unify our cost per lead and cost per sale affiliate program tracking on one tracking platform.

CAKE review by Alper E.
Alper E.

"Cake for Network Owners - first choice!"

What do you like best?

Support, Support, Support - it's all about that and Cake knows exactly how to help us, Network Owners, to get to the next Level!

What do you dislike?

Cake isn't cheap, but packed with features... you get, what you pay for.

Reporting and UI

CAKE review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Cakes Time Delay"

What do you like best?

The ability to access multiple styles of reports and analytics. The layout is very user friendly and direct to the point

What do you dislike?

Cake runs slow even with lite clicks. They need to find solutions to maximize time on the platform. We feel like some reports lag and end up not loading. In order to switch offers from inactive to active it takes a least 5-6 minutes to load. To much valuable time spent

That if you select a small date range and then go into the specific vertical or larger date range you can receive the info much quicker

CAKE review by Administrator

"Looks good, some UI issues"

What do you like best?

Streamlined and modern looking, makes complex tasks relatively easy.

What do you dislike?

Some issues with custom branding and UI bugs for client accounts.

More efficient affiliate and lead gen management.

Learning about CAKE?

* We monitor all CAKE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.