CakeHR

CakeHR is an HR software that helps to solve HR challenges and focus on building business.

Work for CakeHR?

Learning about CakeHR?

CakeHR Reviews

Ask CakeHR a Question
Showing 16 CakeHR reviews
CakeHR review by Nereida B.
Nereida B.

"Management of employee permits and other human resources tasks."

What do you like best?

What I like most when using CakeHR is the ease of registration and access; the function "history of changes made" to facilitate the tracking of changes in the data is very good; and when generating reports with a single click is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

A big disadvantage of CakeHR is that it integrates with payroll systems, but not with benefit portals or learning management systems. We are waiting for you to integrate all this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Users can register for a free 14-day trial. CakeHR does not request credit card information until the test ends. So this is or na great opportunity to try the software before buying it.

A big problem that I have been able to solve with CakeHR is that I receive email notifications of employees' free time requests and approve or reject them by the same email. This has made things easier for me.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about CakeHR
CakeHR review by User in Internet

"Not bad, but does lack some functionality"

What do you like best?

CakeHR is very straightforward and simple to use. The UI is nice and bright and requesting time off is very easy, and beats filling in a form!

What do you dislike?

The functionality is pretty basic, and editing time off that may not have taken place in the past is an admin only function meaning I have to contact an admin at our company to adjust it. It would be so much better if users could request changes, and then an admin approves afterwards.

Tracking my time off is also a little long-winded. I would have liked to have seen a more detailed report that spans my entire history.

Also, the mobile app is pretty poor. It only allows me to request time off, not manage anything else. I even contacted the CakeHR team who said an update was in the works, but when this was released, it was hardly any different.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that CakeHR is great, but pretty basic. The mobile app is not great, which is disappointing.

We wanted to do away with paper forms for requesting time off. CakeHR makes this happen.

What Core HR solution do you use?

CakeHR review by Rhaica S.
Rhaica S.

"Great HR tool for a startup"

What do you like best?

We used CakeHR in the beginning of our company. It was an amazing experience and fulfil our expectations and needs for the time being. You could have your employees main information in one single place and keep track of their absences and vacations. It allows you to manage your employees time off, absences and vacations, to create timesheets and other hr paperwork, it allows you to even sinc with your calendar which is great since you don't need to loggin in the tool to see where your employees are.

What do you dislike?

We encoutered in some other tools more features than CakeHR could present us such us the give thanks/badges to your colleagues feature which currently we use as a voting system for our employee of the month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a HR tool to build up your processes and manage your employees, you should definitely try CakeHR.

At the time, we needed a HR Tool to keep track of our employee absences and vaations. It was very usefull and helped us to build our HR department and processes. We're very thankful for that.

CakeHR review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"Modern HR"

What do you like best?

I love being able to go in and see exactly where I am in regards to time off and where people are taking vacations within our organization without having to send an email and wait on a reply. The user inter face is extremely clean and I appreciate the ease in which I can navigate in and out of different parts of my profile. As an administrator I find it extremely easy to manage other employees and their files and time off.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no dislikes at this time. I haven't run into any issues with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage you to try it out. If you are worried that software won't be able to handle the job like a human, you might be right, but the time and money you save in not having to navigate HR conversations is massive. If you think you might not like it, give it a try. It has been a game changer for us.

We have saved time by not having to send internal emails and wait for responses, and we have saved money by not having to hire someone to navigate this part of our organization.

CakeHR review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use but does not include features/functionality that we were promised."

What do you like best?

User interface is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Very visual, seems to help new users acclimate more quickly.

What do you dislike?

1) This product is NOT as promised when we did the demo and decided to purchase it over other options. Our #1 requirement was a built-in two-step review process, meaning that a request has to be approved by two approvers before being "recorded"- in our case, first HR and then the department manager. When we purchased in January, we were told this functionality was being built and would be live in March 2016. It is now DECEMBER 2016 and this functionality is still not available. Every time I inquire about it, I get a vague, dismissive answer such as "oh the tech lead is out, I will bring it up in our next meeting" or "this is slated for August, but it's very difficult so we have to be careful". Very disappointing, we most likely would have purchased another product.

2) PTO allotments are only set for current calendar year - this creates questions when it comes close to the end of the year and employees are already submitting requests for next calendar year.

Tracking of PTO allotment and amount used by employee. Standardizing review and approval process for all employees. Difficult to get employees to use a new system, but that's any change in process, so can't fault the software for that.

CakeHR review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Excellent HR Management software for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Customer service has been phenomenal. Lee has personally responded to many questions and even put in production changes to support our needs.

What do you dislike?

Some features available in large systems are missing in their current public release, but I've heard of some exciting things on the roadmap for the future. One example is applicant tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cannot beat the value (price vs features), this is an excellent system to use even if doesn't handle every use case your company may need.

Tracking team member time off has been our main use case, along with keeping management (only) notes.

CakeHR review by Kiruba Shankar E.
Kiruba Shankar E.

"Simple & Effective HR solution"

What do you like best?

It's an extremely easy to use solution. Requires very less time to set it up and running.

The employees were equally satisfied with the easiness to use it.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't replace the other existing solutions out there in the market. The team needs to build a comprehensive set of features ASAP. We still need to manage certain aspects of HR outside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If holiday planning is the core issue then this is the best solution.

Holidays planning has gotten seamless with this solution.

"Super sweet experience!"

What do you like best?

We love how simple and user friendly the interface is! It is easy to navigate and very intuitive.

We also LOVE the support team. They are quick to respond, super friendly and love hearing our feedback and pushing ideas through to development.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we truly dislike, though there are a few things that could use improvement. We'd like to have a more robust mobile app, more control over visibility of employee profiles (which I just learned is being released soon!) and the ability to enter an exact time when

Tracking Paid time off policies and having everyone in the company have visibility to when coworkers will not be in the office.

CakeHR review by Alina M.
Alina M.

"Pretty good experience, user friendly and nice design."

What do you like best?

The fact that it keeps track on the vacation days of each employee and I do not have to count manually

What do you dislike?

The system has some bugs/issues, you have to renew every year the official holidays/it has sometimes some calculation errors

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like for a recruitment system to be implemented in cakeHR

I do not lose time with counting, this is the main problem that I solved

CakeHR review by Les C.
Les C.

"Cake HR as a Corporate HR Calendar"

What do you like best?

It is very graphical and flexible and support is very responsive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing immediately comes to mind. We are pretty happy with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are responsive and take suggestions and needs into consideration.

Primarily used for Holiday, Sick and other absences.

CakeHR review by Drake D.
Drake D.

"HR works well for us. "

What do you like best?

We mainly track holidays and days off and it makes it easy and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. We don't use enough of the features at this point to complain about anything.

Keeping track of days off.

CakeHR review by James W. M.
James W. M.

"Gets the Job Done!!!!"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use. Very good interface and accomplishes what I was looking to do which was employee time off tracking and employee asset tracking. Regular feature enhancements. Support is great.

What do you dislike?

Additional connectivity with Quickbooks would be VERY beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continued enhancements and feature additions along with quality customer support

Time off tracking and employee asset tracking

CakeHR review by Administrator in Computer Software

"CakeHR does everything we need it to do!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and EXCELLENT customer service. Integration with Google for Biz.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike - we actually should be using more of the functions other than vacation tracking, ie: HR records but we haven't had the time to roll out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use and support!

Vacation tracking is most important part.

CakeHR review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple and east to use HR system"

What do you like best?

CakeHR is super easy to use and easy to teach new staff how to use.

What do you dislike?

It's missing a few features that I would love to see. In particular KPI and career path tracking.

Having everything online and accessible to anyone at anytime.

CakeHR review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"CakeHR"

What do you like best?

CakeHR has one of the simplest UI (user interface) to interact with . That simplicity is what attracted us to it. We are not programmers, we are artists who happen to run a company. We wanted something simple. This was God-sent.

What do you dislike?

Limited capability on the iOS app. More intergration with other apps (I.e. pay system apps).

Keeping track of people in our company.

CakeHR review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Trial Eval"

What do you like best?

nice dashboard look and easy to use interface. Quick setup

What do you dislike?

not enough features full payroll benefits admin

benefits and management of a small company

Learning about CakeHR?

* We monitor all CakeHR reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.